Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Interlude (Between 2 & 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

With Hargulka the Troll King slain and the Brevic Civil War occupying the attention of both Surtova and Restov to the north, Kardas appears to be well on the way to peace and prosperity...


101 to 150 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Great questions. Shame about the roll, though.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

I am wondering why are we chartering a boat at all? Risking the lives of fishermen when a feather token boat costs 450gp and lasts for 24 hours. We can purchase 2 and be covered for most scenarios. Barring that, Malthir can message Vaysh with his necklace if we are desperate... Or Kip can fly off of the island and fetch help. :)

Kip currently holds a party scroll of see invisibility. As well he currently personally owns 2 potions of touch of the sea and 1 water breathing, along with a few scrolls of energy resistance.

Just because I am unsure.. is the plan to have a flying Kalev try and grapple the wisps? I believe that will be difficult given his low fly skill compared to the wisps ability to maneuver. :P

Any fey creatures willing to do some recon for us over the island Alex? Where is a druid when you need one? ;)


Your Humble Narrator

Casimir don't you want your Leadership feat buddies to make some skill rolls to represent research of the island?

Fenna's divination reveals the will o' wisps are not the only sentient inhabitants of the island. She does not get a clear answer on whether they are servants or allies of the wisps. Something is drawing the wisps to the island and apparently it is possible to remove or suppress this source. There are more than ten wisps upon Candlemere island at the time of divination. Follow up questions lead you to believe there are somewhere around 20.

Kip, Perlivash is willing to spend a day making a reconnaissance, using flight and invisibility, if you pass a diplomacy test.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

When told of the divination, Possibly 20? This is most troubling. They represent a threat almost as great the troll forces. We must be careful in dealing with them. It will be like poking a hornets nest. We don't want to bring their wrath upon SwordHaven or our people. hHis means we may have to stay for more than one day on the island to deal with them.
Let's be sure to bring some food in case we do end up staying. I suggest we make no moves until we scout out the island. My worry is that something may be able to see invisible creatures and hurt anything we send. Make sure any allies we send don't get too close so they don't get hurt.


hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

I'd forgotten all about them - some leader I am, huh. My leadership score is 12, so that's the modifier for the skill check, right?

knowledge (history): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Your Humble Narrator
Casimir wrote:

I'd forgotten all about them - some leader I am, huh. My leadership score is 12, so that's the modifier for the skill check, right?

[dice=knowledge (history)]1d20+12

Please add a spoiler with your leadership stuff to your profile at some point.

Your experts come up with a little more information than Fenna, between them- but not much. They know that Candlemere Island was once home to a magnificent tower, many hundreds if not thousands of years before the last attempt by Taldor to settle the Stolen Lands. Some kind of ancient religion used to use the tower as their centre of operations within the region but they have been unable to decipher who or to which power.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Probably the tower or something underneath it that is the center of their power. Once we have more information about the island and where the tower is located on the island we should go.

We have 3223 in the party treasury.
Feather token boat 450gp *we can call for a boat when we are done if they destroy ours.
Scroll of Inviso Purge 375
Potion of See invisibility Kalev 300gp
Scroll of See invisibility Kip 150gp
Scroll of Waterwalk 375
Anything else?


hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

How about springing 1000 gp for a legend lore scroll? Cas can cast it (with a spellcraft check) once we get to the tower, to learn more about it's past. That might provide some clue to what is drawing the wisps to it.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip visits Perlivash bearing gifts of food and coin/gems/gold. Hoping to influence and compensate him for his services, Kip does his best to convince the fey creature to perform the reconnaissance. He implores the tiny dragon to only do so in a manner that keeps his exposure to risk minimal. Kip would be devastated if something were to happen to him.

Removed 100gp from Kip's wealth, hoping to get a circumstance bonus. :)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Crum! Hope the circumstance bonus is a big one! :P


Male (HP 66/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

I'm in favor of Water Walk as a backup. Should we also consider some secure means to rest up on the island in case we need it. Secure Shelter or Rope Trick springs to mind.


hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Good point about securing a place to rest, Kalev - and we should probably consider the possibility that whatever is drawing the wisps is some kind of curse or desecrate effect that we will also have to deal with eventually. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Malthir - will you post a final shopping list of common items and deduct from the party funds? Then we should determine who carries what.

Speaking of shopping - Alex, what is your position on letting Casimir buy a pair of these (from UE):

Gloves of Arcane Striking:
Gloves of Arcane Striking
Aura faint transmutation; Price 5,000 gp; CL 1st Weight 1 lb.
Description
These soft leather gloves are decorated with even rows of mithral rivets. Only a spellcaster with the Arcane Strike feat can activate their abilities. These abilities are as follows.

• When the wearer uses the aid another action to improve an ally’s attack roll, the ally adds the wearer’s Arcane Strike damage bonus to its damage roll for that attack.

• When the wearer makes an attack using Arcane Strike and hits, enemies adjacent to the target take damage equal to the wearer’s Arcane Strike damage bonus. This damage is of the same type as the weapon’s damage (bludgeoning, piercing, and so on).

• When the wearer uses the aid another action to improve an ally’s Armor Class, the ally also adds the wearer’s Arcane Strike damage bonus to his AC against the opponent.

Construction Requirements
Craft Wondrous Item, Arcane Strike, magic weapon; Cost 2,500 GP


"I too am concerned by those numbers. What happens if all 20 wisps attack us en mass? Perhaps it would be wise to gather our strength a while longer before attempting this expedition, since to date the creatures have made no attacks on our citizenry. Why provoke them?"

"I know it is irksome to abandon the mission when we have already planned it at length, but all the ideas posed here can be put away for another day. Perhaps push further south and seek out those wargs for now?"


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

They may be attacking our citizens as we speak...it may just be that people disappear near the lake and no one reports it.
I would rather deal with them now vs. them getting some ideas about attacking us or some evil force enlists them against us....this has happened too many times.

Malthir slams his fist on the table!
We take the fight to them and we will crush them.

What about a divination? Is Jhod able to cast magic of such power? It would be good to have more information and ask the question
How do we remove the source of attraction to prevent more wisps from arriving once we clear out the ones already on the island?


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Malthir Al Dagon wrote:

Probably the tower or something underneath it that is the center of their power. Once we have more information about the island and where the tower is located on the island we should go.

We have 3223 in the party treasury.
Feather token boat 450gp *we can call for a boat when we are done if they destroy ours.
Scroll of Inviso Purge Fenna 375
Potion of See invisibility Kalev 300gp
Scroll of See invisibility Kip 150gp
Scroll of Waterwalk 375
Anything else?

This was my attempt to do make a list here...I can add Legend Lore to the list unless the divination works better?

I can also pray for protection against their electricity. I will have this ready for the Wisps.


HP: 57/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8. Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"And in addition to Iomedae's blessings of protection, we also have a wand to help resist their attacks. If electricity is their sole means of harming us, then we are well prepared no matter their numbers."


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip raises an eyebrow at both Ricter's change of heart and Malthir's outburst in response. He remains silent on his thoughts on which course to take other than to add his agreement with Kalev's suggestion to acquire magical lodging in the event they proceed with the plan as is, and it becomes necessary to stay on the island for an extended period of time to accomplish their mission.


"So be it then. By your will, Baron, the island will be purged of the abberations or I shall die in the attempt."


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

I miss this game. :(

I think we are waiting Alex? To answer some questions... give results of rolls etc? Have we finalized our preparations and purchases?

What all do we need to do to move things along? I mean besides cloning Alex so he has more time to post. :)


Your Humble Narrator

I think Casimir is waiting on whether he can get that scroll of Legend Lore or not Malthir but i'm going to assume you have made the above purchases (with the exception of Legend Lore) and move on.

Perlivash agreed to scout the island on behalf of Kip, agreeing to spend three days taking to the skies above the island and surrounding waters. With his natural invisibility and tiny size, he made something of an ideal scout.

  • Candlemere island's strange lights were definitely Will o' Wisps. Although they all seem to reside upon the island, they don't seem to be fully organised or even have any kind of command structure. Occasionally they travel in pairs and Perlivash saw them heading south frequently, never north.

  • Candlemere island itself is covered with thick nettles and brambles; the growth is particularly dense everywhere except the shores of the island and in a small radius around the ruined tower at the island's centre. Perlivash is fairly sure that these nettles are poisonous, although mundane in nature.

  • In a roughly 100 foot radius around the tower itself, Perlivash said he was frightened; some kind of magical effect seemed to make him afraid whenever he flew that close. He also felt like he was being watched, despite his confidence in his stealth and natural invisibility.

    However, upon the last day of his scouting mission, something very strange happened. An oak tree appeared to have sprung up on the island overnight, right next to the tower. The last thing Perlivash saw before a fog covered the island for the next hour was a medium-sized Satyr; a muscular and powerful looking warrior with a visored, silver helm with huge, curved horns. He wore stylised leather armour, very distinctive; and had a bow made out of some kind of material the faerie dragon had never seen before.

    The Satyr seemed to have stepped out of a gaping hole in the tree's trunk; a hole obviously created by magical means. It seemed to Perlivash that the wisp's were gathering to the tree, just before the fog obscured his vision.

    An hour later, the fog had disappeared; and with it, the tree that had sprouted from the ground. Not even its roots remained, or a single fallen branch. Perlivash did not see any will o' wisps once the fog dissipated and the strange feeling he had when he approached the central tower seems to have vanished. As far as the faerie dragon can tell, Candlemere Island is now deserted, other than wildlife living in its tangled undergrowth.


  • Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    We will research the effects that noble Perlivash saw to see if we can determine anything and then travel to the island, to see what is going on there.
    If he didn't see any wisps or feel the strange effect then I will just charter a boat to drop us off and stay a distance from the island waiting for our signal, smoke from a fire.


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    Kip listened to Perlivash's report with interest. Upon completion, Kip thanked him profusely for his services. He did ask as a parting favour, if the tiny dragon would make inquiries about the identity of the fierce Satyr he had seen within the fey community, and report back to him.

    Once the dragon had left, Kip turned to the others assembled and remarked in a cautionary tone, It seems our plans have become known to the Wisp's, and they have relocated in advance of our arrival. To where, and with the help of who or what, is a question we will need to seek answers for. As to how they knew we were coming, it is possible we are being scryed... but more likely our inquiries and preparations surrounding the island have caught the attention of those powers arrayed against us. It is in fact possible that an invisible wisp has been keeping tabs on us directly.

    Kip did not voice his concern that they might alternatively have a traitor within their midst. He did plan on visiting Fenna and asking her about the possibility of using her powers of revelation to determine the likelihood that they might be compromised in some way. You can assume this happens shortly after the meeting adjourns Fenna

    He continued, I agree that we should visit the island anyway. Not that I have reason to distrust the report, or the one giving it, but its account should be verified. Perlivash himself may have been deceived...

    ... and if they can leave that easily, then they can return just as easily most likely. They still pose a significant risk, wherever they may be at the moment.

    Internally, Kip was disappointed that there was now even more evidence that at least some of the fey elements of the Stolen Lands seemed to be arraying and working actively to oppose Kardas.


    hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

    "Strange reports indeed. I wonder if the wisps relocated - or if this strange satyr somehow defeated them all. And what would his motives be for doing that, if that is the case."

    Alex, any kind of knowledge roll we can make to identify the mysterious horned figure?


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    The safety of the boat crew should still be of concern. Regardless of the purported absence of the wisp's themselves, we know all to well the dangers of the wild lands. The lake and the surrounding territory is hardly a safe area... the hydra at the crossing is a fine example of that. And we should assume at this point that any actions we take will be known to our enemies in advance. I would still feel more comfortable using the feather token boat. I will pay for it personally if need be to spare the risk to the boat crew you would hire. This is business well above what we should expect of them...

    Thinking more about what Cas said, Kip adds, The more I think about it, the less I like. While it is possible the satyr defeated the wisps, although that would be a mean feat to be sure. And while I at first believed they had fled in advance of our arrival, I am now concerned that the satyr may have just warned them they were in danger and being observed. Perhaps they have merely become invisible and still inhabit the island?


    HP: 57/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8. Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

    "The absence of the fearful aura suggests to me that the wisps are not merely hiding," Fenna observes, "so either the satyr warrior accomplished what we were aiming to do ourselves, or the wisps were somehow able to relocate whatever their purpose on the island was once they were warned of our coming. It may become more clear which once we visit Candlemere, but we may be able to learn more of the warrior's identity through the Satyrs which frequent our settlements; Ilya and I should have a list of those who are currently active, and where they can be found."

    ---

    Fenna nods thoughtfully when Kip approaches her after the meeting, "That is certainly a troubling thought, and if true, needs to be dealt with. Properly attuning myself to my old prophecies is rather draining, though, so it may be best to wait until after we are returned from our expedition."


    Your Humble Narrator

    Casimir- Knowledge (Nature). As above, I assumed purchases made. I've made some rolls on your behalf in line with your recent posts. Please pay for and mark off the feather boat token and pay for the rest...

    Over the next few days after Perlivash's scouting report, Fenna's divination seemed to conclude that the wisps were all gone from Candlemere Island, as was whatever was nourishing them. Her divination failed to reveal exactly what had happened to the wisps or the Satyr however. Her outsider sources seemed to have no more idea what had happened inside the fog than she herself did.

    Cross-referencing the Satyr's description and making inquiries around the Fey community led Fenna to believe that this is no "local" Satyr. Few of the local Satyr's display any warrior-like tendencies and none could match the impressive physique that Perlivash described.

    Eventually, with several precautions ready in case the Wisp's had somehow played a trick, the Guardians explored Candlemere Island over the course of two days. The island had a peaceful and almost haunting quality to it. The thick undergrowth made the exploration slow but Casimir in particular was pleased to see that converting the ancient tower at the island's centre to a watchtower or monument would be trivial free Watchtower or Monument if a city is founded here.

    Despite the successful exploration, the Guardians had no further insights into the island or what had happened there. No traces of any magical auras could be found.

    25XP for exploring Candlemere. Lets move on to the next kingdom building turn. Maybe we can start Chapter 3 in time for the new year :).


    hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

    Casimir would like to pick up a new wand of feather step - gold deducted from personal funds. Alex, what's the verdict on the gloves from UE?


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    The following items have been paid for, please add them to yor character sheets:
    We started with 3223 in the party treasury.
    Feather token boat 450gp Kip
    Scroll of Inviso Purge 375 Fenna
    Potion of See invisibility Kalev 300gp
    Scroll of See invisibility Kip 150gp
    Scroll of Waterwalk 375 Fenna.
    Remaining funds:
    1573 gp.


    hp 65/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

    Sounds good. It's fine to leave a bit of a reserve in the group fund for emergencies. Are we on track for kingdom building? Malthir and Fenna got a plan down, right?


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    Alex, was getting ready to post turn 35 but figured out that we didn't get the event from turn 34 from you. Can you go ahead and see if we had one? Thanks. 35 will be up soon.


    Your Humble Narrator

    No event for turn 34.


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    Kip was quite excited to be out and about on another adventure... he was growing tired of all the talking and planning of the last few months. Ruling a kingdom was tedious business sometimes. He savoured the spray of water upon his face, the wind through his hair and the prospect of exploring new lands. The possibly of facing down some hostile adversaries got his blood flowing like it had not been for some time.

    Once they had scouted the island for a place to put ashore, Kip hopped from the boat and begun exploring in earnest. He was unaffected by the brambles, something he took great pleasure it pointing out to his less fortunate companions.

    Once they had reached the tower, Kip was as perplexed as everyone else as to what had happened.

    Turning to Kalev, Kip inquired, Are there any signs of battle? Any signs at all to tell us what happened here a few nights ago?

    He of course studied the area himself using his ability to detect magical auras. He suspected that such powerful magics, as had likely been present previously, or used within the last few days may have left a lingering presence.

    25 XP added. New total is 40457. At this rate Kip will be 8th level without rolling a d20 for anything other than skill checks as a 7th level character. ;)

    I am assuming we used the feather token boat already? No need to add to my sheet? Added the scroll.

    And I am going to ask again, the ruined tower on Candelmere gives us a free tower or monument but the ruined elven keep gives us nothing? :)


    Your Humble Narrator

    Feather Boat token used per Kip's concerns about the boat crew. No lingering magical aura's found... The Elven Keep used to give something but the main structure was first assaulted by a catapult then caved in by a rock troll. Thinking about it though, the wall was pretty intact. It would give a free wall. Kalev please make a survival roll.


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    Aw come on... all the hard work has been done already. All the stone needed to assemble a very nice keep have been quarried, hauled and are just laying there waiting to be re-stacked. Do I hear 1/2 price on a keep or barracks? :D

    Speaking of the catapult... did we find that anywhere? :)


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    Month of Arodus, 4713. Kardas Founding Month 35:

    .
    Strategy: Expand Vierkirche & Expand the Kingdom!
    .Starting Kingdom size 26
    .
    Upkeep Phase:
    *Step 1—Determine Kingdom Stability:
    Start with 0 Unrest (+1BP)
    Stability roll needed at +47 to beat Control DC 46
    *Step 2—Pay Consumption:
    Treasury begins with 35BP
    Upkeep of HellKnights (-3BP)
    Treasury ends with 32BP
    *Step 3—Fill Magic Item Slots:
    SwordHaven Needs:
    0 Minor
    2 Medium
    Northgreen Needs:
    1 Minor
    Vierkirche Needs:
    0 Minor
    2 Medium
    *Step 4—Unrest:
    0 Unrest to start, -1 for Sootscales
    0 Unrest remaining

    Improvement:
    *Step 1—Select Leadership:
    No changes
    *Step 2—Claim Hexes:
    Claim Hex A54, *-1BP*,
    *Step 3—Establish and Improve Cities:
    Build House *3BP*,-1 Unrest
    Build Inn *-10BP*, +1 Econ, +1 Loy, +0 Stab
    Build Smith *-6BP*, +1 Econ, +0 Loy, +1 Stab
    *Step 4—Build Roads:
    Road Hex A19, A54, *-2BP*
    *Step 5: Establish Farmlands:
    Farm hex A33, A35 * -8BP*
    *Step 6: Edicts:
    None

    Income:
    Starting Income: 2 BP
    +1 BP for Kingdom Unrest starting at 0
    *Step 1—Deposits: No deposits
    *Step 2—Withdrawals:
    None
    *Step 3—Sell Valuable Items:
    5 Economy rolls needed at +64 to sell items:
    *SwordHaven is now two districts and a second item can be sold there
    *Trade with Varnhold allows a another district to sell an item, will be Vierkirche this turn.
    *Step 4—Generate Income:
    Economy roll needed at +64 to generate income:
    Events:
    Event that occurred this month:
    Ending Income: XX BP for the month

    Stability roll needed at +47 to beat Control DC 46 from Fenna or someone else.
    Fenna we will need 5 rolls at +64 to sell the items that we need. The rolls match up with the order of the city in the spoiler.
    Alex, please see the items needed per city.
    Finally Fenna we will need a 6th roll at +64 to generate BP.


    HP: 57/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8. Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

    Is there anything that stands out about the ancient tower, or is it just an empty shell?

    Control: 1d20 + 47 ⇒ (4) + 47 = 51

    Should I hold off on the economy rolls until after the items are generated?


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    You can probably roll them since you are on. It would be:
    SH Mod Item #1
    SH Mod Item #2
    NG Min Item #1
    VK Mod Item #1
    VK Mod Item #2
    Generate BP Roll:
    Alex can fill it the items as they are rolled. We have an app. that generates the items in order as long as he is still using it.


    HP: 57/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8. Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

    Fair enough.

    Swordhaven Moderate Item #1: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (8) + 64 = 72
    Swordhaven Moderate Item #2: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (1) + 64 = 65
    Northgreen Minor Item #1: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (1) + 64 = 65
    Vierkirche Moderate Item #1: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (10) + 64 = 74
    Vierkirche Moderate Item #2: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (14) + 64 = 78

    BP Income: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (19) + 64 = 83

    Gah! Two ones... at least one of them was a minor item.


    Your Humble Narrator

    A free wall in the Elven keep and that is final ;).

    Malthir, the Hellknight army's BP cost is 4 per month (1BP a week) and for clarity, this is not reduced by farms etc. so treat it separately to consumption please.

    SH Medium: Arcane scroll of shrink item, illusory script, and blink - 1175 gp
    SH Medium: Bracers of armor +4 - 16000 gp (Unsold)
    NG Minor: Wand of hold portal - 750 gp (Unsold)
    Vier Medium: +3 Shock Heavy mace - 32312 gp
    Vier Medium: Wand of Bull's Strength - 4500 gp

    All buildings built are in Vierkirche yeah? I'll update the city district map once that is confirmed.

    Also Malthir, A54 has a river on it and you must double the road's cost to build a bridge (compulsory step) so deduct one additional BP.


    Happenings/Minion Updates (Month 35)-

    General-

    Red Eyes is extremely pleased that you have made Fang sentient, but asks that you have two more lieutenants awakened in the near future. He promises that this will no doubt pay dividends in the future. He is continuing to press this point at every available opportunity. His pack is swelling in size and he feels like he is struggling to maintain effective control.

    The war in Brevoy continues to develop- something of a détente has come about as although they are in a position to march on New Stetven, the Rostlandic forces are reluctant to leave their rear exposed to the Lodovkan army which continues to force Orlovsky deeper into its heartlands. Meanwhile, this has bought the Issian alliance time to prepare New Stetven for a potential assault and rally forces.

    Fenna continues to receive requests on the legality and possibility of forming a "Mercenaries Guild" within the country.

    The new trade route between Kardas and Varnhold seems to have been a great success thus far and relationships between the citizens of both Duchy's are warm.

    Casimir-

    Stannislaw has been gathering evidence and data and expects that the daunting task before him will take additional time and funds. At first glance, many of these incidents that have threatened Kardas seem detached from one another, but he suspects someone or something very cunning has been pulling the strings, subtly of course. He is making progress, in particular following a lead on the magical ring that appeared to be controlling the Owlbear. The ring was sold within the kingdom and he is following a paper trail to find it once more.

    1BP incurred in costs.

    Lucius' timely reports continue to indicate his progression within the River Patriots. He is still considered too green of a recruit to get too far inside the organisation but he is slowly building a reputation as an up and comer.

    Mikmek reports no trouble. Swordhaven seems more at peace than at any other time in its history, despite the River Patriot's agitation.

    Malthir-

    Master Teldas has finished a plan of an underground "sealed" area of the castle where vital supplies would be stored. With ample space for citizens to evacuate into and room for years of supplies, it would allow an entire three districts of citizens to flee inside and hold out for six months.

    The designs include anti-scrying and anti-teleportation measures and the entire underground expansion would cost 20BP.

    Noleski is still doing his best to look after Vaysh while you are absent.

    It seems the rich nobility of Swordhaven like to talk about helping the poor refugees, but Vaysh and Antal have had no success in persuading any to assist in any tangible fashion.

    Ricter-

    Kesten is still drilling the militia in order to improve their response time but the basic system is now in place. He believes another three months would be enough for them to competently reinforce as necessary in the event of such an attack.

    1BP incurred in costs.

    Pellius' patrols continue to roam throughout Kardas but the trail for Kargadd the Troll appears ice cold.

    Balthus seems to be having some small impact in policing the mercenaries stationed and moving through Kardas.

    Kip-

    Lord Sirian is by this point, convinced that the dragon's claim is legitimate, having used a powerful divination spell in order to ask questions to an powerful Outsider on another plane; a being that is old enough to apparently remember the treaty the dragon made with the Elves of that time. He is also quite certain that this dragon was indeed the parent of Ehaism-Caesin. Other than his duties in assisting with the ne trade route, Lord Sirian is no longer engaged.

    2BP incurred in costs.

    Doritian's plan fell through- his efforts to persuade an ancient Dryad from Mivon into sharing information failed at the last moment, when the proud and prickly being took offence at something he said. He is back to square one and will continue to work at this task unless otherwise assigned.

    1BP incurred in costs.

    Zordion seems to have realised he is on thin ice with his master and is working alongside Stanislaw Dividov in order to investigate the gigantic Owlbear. He is particularly curious as to who the men found dead in its cave might have been.

    Fenna-

    Lily continues to work at her given task with diligence, although the harvests thus far have been good. Fenna's other lieutenants have kept themselves busy with personal interests.

    Kalev-

    With the likelihood of Kargadd having fled the Greenbelt seeming more and more likely, your lieutenants have simply been running long patrols as usual throughout Kardas.

    Total Costs Incurred- 5BP


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    Correct, all Building were in Vierkirche. Ok, as far as the army is that all armies are not adjusted for farms or just this one? Not really familiar with the army rules.
    Since that's the case I would not have built the seconf farm this turn so I will update and net it all out. Stayed tuned.


    Your Humble Narrator

    I'm treating army BP costs as separate from consumption (I keep any armies statted in the campaign tab). As 3 months have passed your minions have reported in too and some costs have been incurred.


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    Revised Month of Arodus, 4713. Kardas Founding Month 35:

    .
    Strategy: Expand Vierkirche & Expand the Kingdom!
    .Starting Kingdom size 26
    .
    Upkeep Phase:
    *Step 1—Determine Kingdom Stability:
    Start with 0 Unrest (+1BP)
    Stability roll needed at +47 to beat Control DC 46
    *Step 2—Pay Consumption:
    Treasury begins with 35BP
    Upkeep of HellKnights (-4BP)
    Treasury ends with 31BP
    *Step 3—Fill Magic Item Slots:
    SwordHaven Needs:
    0 Minor
    2 Medium
    Northgreen Needs:
    1 Minor
    Vierkirche Needs:
    0 Minor
    2 Medium
    *Step 4—Unrest:
    0 Unrest to start, -1 for Sootscales
    0 Unrest remaining

    Improvement:
    *Step 1—Select Leadership:
    No changes
    *Step 2—Claim Hexes:
    Claim Hex A54, *-1BP*,
    *Step 3—Establish and Improve Cities:
    Build House *3BP*,-1 Unrest
    Build Inn *-10BP*, +1 Econ, +1 Loy, +0 Stab
    Build Smith *-6BP*, +1 Econ, +0 Loy, +1 Stab
    *Step 4—Build Roads:
    Road Hex A19, A54 (bridge), *-3BP*
    *Step 5: Establish Farmlands:
    Farm hex A33, * -4BP*
    *Step 6: Edicts:
    None

    Income:
    Starting Income: 4 BP
    +1 BP for Kingdom Unrest starting at 0
    *Step 1—Deposits: No deposits
    *Step 2—Withdrawals:
    None
    *Step 3—Sell Valuable Items:
    5 Economy rolls needed at +64 to sell items:
    SH Medium: Arcane scroll of shrink item, illusory script, and blink - 1175 gp GP added to item treasury
    SH Medium: Bracers of armor +4 - 16000 gp (Unsold)
    NG Minor: Wand of hold portal - 750 gp (Unsold)
    Vier Medium: +3 Shock Heavy mace - 32312 gp +8BP
    Vier Medium: Wand of Bull's Strength - 4500 gp +8BP

    *Step 4—Generate Income:
    Economy roll needed at +64 to generate income:
    BP Income: 1d20 + 64 ⇒ (19) + 64 = 83
    +16BP
    Total costs for underlings activities -5BP

    Events:
    Event that occurred this month: TBD
    Ending Income: 32 BP for the month

    I will update the map and post the new spreadsheet later.
    Just the event is needed to wrap up turn 35.


    Your Humble Narrator

    There will be an event for this month (rolled for it already) but i'll leave some time for the group to declare any changes in their lieutenant actions and for me to update Vierkirche's map.

    Fenna- in response to your earlier question the tower seemed rather mundane compared to what you might have imagined.


    Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

    Thank you Teldas, you plans even exceeded my expectations. We will have to start on them within the next 6 months.
    The next thing I would like for you to look at is expanding Swordhaven Castle. This plan should include improved defenses and possibly a new outer wall.

    He spends part of the month among the citizenry. He spends several days just helping the common folk when he can. He works with Fenna to start offering people work and land in and around Vierkirche to speed up the building up of their next great city...


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    Not a lot of time to post at the moment, and I'm not entirely sure about this, but doesn't the trade route with Varnland benefit us with regards to an additional magic item slot? Also, weapons and armor sold are supposed to net us an additional BP per sale. (ie the +3 Shock Heavy mace should net us 9 BP instead?) If I am wrong, please ignore my ramblings. ;)

    And you are a tough negotiator Alex... not even a little concession? ;) (That is going to be one small walled district if we build at the elven fort.) :D

    It seems I have 3 underlings in need of tasks... I'll think about it and post up later tonight. Any requests from anyone?


    Your Humble Narrator

    Malthir is using the extra magic item slot for Vierkirche right now, which is why he is making two sales out of it. Vierkirche produces a lot of good items but is only a single district. Only weapons and armour sold via this additional slot yield the extra BP but I am pleased you remembered it :D. Kip, Lord Sirian's task is "finished", the other two are still working on their existing tasks unless you give them something else. I'll try to be clearer in future and work out a format. Kip- the wall was my concession. Final offer- you can have a watchtower at half price for what is left of the keep.


    Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
    Stats:
    Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

    Yeah... nevermind. I just negotiated away a 8 BP wall for a 1/2 price watchtower (half of 6 = 3). Net loss 5 BP. That will teach me to "negotiate" without looking these things up in advance. :P

    Thanks on the rest though. :)

    More later...


    Your Humble Narrator

    :) you can take one or the other. Good negotiating with you :D.


    Sounds like Pellius's time is starting to be wasted. Have the River Patriots been causing any actual disruption? If so, perhaps his troops could be used in some sort of staged raid to make Lucius the hero of the hour. Those belligerents look to be the only issue in a kingdom going strength to strength.


    Your Humble Narrator

    Thus far, they have been handing out leaflets and they have public speakers denouncing the alliance between Kardas and the Hellknights. Nothing too militant, yet. They don't appear to have gained much traction yet.

    101 to 150 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Interlude (Between 2 & 3) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.