Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"We are essentially pawns in a larger game - what we have to find out is who it is that are making the moves, and what we can do to become masters of our own destiny."

Spymaster Casimir, Aldori Duellist & Statkari


3,651 to 3,700 of 4,585 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Ricter is caught by surprise by the blast and cannot raise his shield in time.

HP: 24/58

The edges of his armour plates glow a dull red in the aftermath. He can't stop himself creaming in pain.

"Attack that thing in single file over a broken door? It's too potent a foe! We should pull back until the way is clear again, unless we have arcane attacks to call upon!"

He too looks to Kip

Delay until after Kip's action

"By Pharasma I swear I will buy a bow once this battle is done!"


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

"I still see him. He is just beyond the bend of the wall to the left, near the thrones." Casimir calls out as he nurses burns.

hp 27/46


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip curses as Hargulka once again avoids his spell, and as he feared, he watches helplessly as the thrown bead flies towards the Guardians. Kip reflexively throws himself between Fenna and the blast, hoping to shield her from the flames...
Lucky Halfling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 And I think I will take the re-roll... ;)
Re-roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
...he grimaces as the flames wash over them but is relieved to see he has spared Fenna some of the fire.

It is then that he feels the pain himself...
Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 29 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 5
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9
Create Pit (C/D 12/13): expires round 10


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

free action speech
Fenna and Kalev move back and take care of your injuries! He screws up his face as he adds, I've got this!

Kalev is up and then Kip?


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

End Delay Init Count 19. If I need to adjust my position to catch everyone let me know.
Malthir acts just after Ricter, a wave of healing energy washing over the group again.

Channel Positive Energy 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) = 12

Active effects:
AC: 26/29 vs Halgulka
HP: 36/58
Bless 19/30r
Divine Bond: Flaming 17/60r
LOH: 2/9

Kalev, are your HP's correct? You recieved healing from both me and Fenna earlier in the combat.


Your Humble Narrator

As noted in description, both remnants of the doors were essentially blown apart by the fireball. On the bright side, they aren't there for difficult terrain anymore :).


Your Humble Narrator

Wow... two 1's, a 5 and two 4's on saving throws... My dice are roaring hot in both KM and Sargavan Saga and yours are stone cold right now...

Ok, so Malthir has acted, Ricters on a delay, waiting on everyone else now.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev pulls a potion, while stepping as much into cover as possible, against the possibility of another fireball.

The restorative waters of the potion removes a small part of the pain.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 3, 4) + 5 = 19

HP: 53/53 (am just gonna double check)


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Wow... two 1's, a 5 and two 4's on saving throws... My dice are roaring hot in both KM and Sargavan Saga and yours are stone cold right now...

Ok, so Malthir has acted, Ricters on a delay, waiting on everyone else now.

As long as I can remember Alex, the Dicebot has always loved your rolls...as a DM at least :) everytime I think Malthir can do something foolish and get away with it due to a 42 AC [small exageration] I can expect a NAT 20 to reset my expectations...lol's


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

I was just looking over the posts and it seems I misspoke. Cas and Fenna have not acted in this round yet... and they should go before Kip. As well Ricter is delaying until after Kip. Sorry for the confusion.

Round 4

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka- 21 acted (fireball)
Ricter- 20 delaying (until after Kip)
Malthir- 19 acted (came off delay, init changed to 19 & channeled)
Kalev- 17 acted (potion)
Casimir- 6
Fenna- 5
Kip- 3

And my math is off... 48 - 17(fireball) + 12(channel) = 43 HP currently for Kip.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Cas delays until after Kip


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fenna searches around her belt for a moment, before pulling out a wand. "I believe that was the most potent of the spheres on his necklace," she says, "but the others could prove to be deadly in their own right."

Draw the wand of resist energy
HP:31/44


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Round 4

Kip moves forward, his fists clenched tightly and a scowl upon his face move action to C 3 before dropping the scroll at his feet free action so that he can gesture and cast another spell. standard action cast silent image (DC 16 Will) As he finishes, it appears as though a sheet of solid iron has been summoned to cover the nearest pit.

He then holds his arms out, gesturing emphatically for the others to not move, before calling out, Cas! Stand your ground and hold the corridor! Don't let him past you!

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 43 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 5
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9
Create Pit (C/D 12/13): expires round 10
Silent Image (over pit at C/D 8/9): concentration

Note: scroll is in C 3


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

"Right Kip - I can stick a few arrows in him from here while you prepare that nasty surprise for him."

Casimir steps forward, drops his aldori blade in the corridor and pulls out his darkwood bow. He fits an arrow and charges it up with arcane energy before releasing it towards the troll king.

As an afterthought, he calls out: "AKIROS, HANG BACK A MOMENT. WE DON'T WANT YOU TO GET CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE."

5 ft step forward, ranged attack w/arcane strike and bless
Attack roll 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31
Damage roll 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

AC 25, hp 39/46


Your Humble Narrator

Despite the partial cover of the corner of the corridor, Casimir's shot is an accurate one that pierces the immense muscle of Hargulka's arm, drawing blood. The Troll King rips the arrow out of his skin, growling at Casimir.

Ricter left to act, unless he is delaying until next round.


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Now that is more suitable than a broken door!

Ricter goes to charge down the corridor and bring Hargulka to justice, but pauses when he sees Kip's gesturing.

Delay again until after Hargulka acts

AC: 26
HP: 36/58


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

bump?


Your Humble Narrator

Sorry tried to update before I slept and didn't quite finish- sleep patterns a little crazy at the moment.

The Troll King

Round 5-

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka- 21
Ricter- 20
Malthir- 19
Kalev- 17
Fenna- 5
Kip- 3
Casimir- 2

Active Effects-
Lead Blades on Cleft
Enlarge Person on Kalev (2 rounds left)
Bless on Party
Malthir's Flaming Sword
Shield Other on Kalev

Map-
Map Link (Init 20)

Notes-

The pits are 30 feet deep and you have to save at a +2 bonus to avoid falling in if you end your turn adjacent to one.

Action-

Perhaps letting his confidence at his success thus far get the better of him, Hargulka begins to cross the iron sheet to get at Casimir; only to find the sheet insubstantial as his foot falls through it. Growling in fury, he manages to catch himself on the edge of the pit and stop himself from falling in.

Almost, Kip, almost! he roars in fury, pulling another bead from his necklace and hurling it at Kalev once more- enveloping the Guardians in flame once again as the golden bead explodes in glorious flame.

4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 4) = 16 Fire damage

DC14 Reflex Saves for half damage.

However, his fireball hurling costs Hargulka dear, as he loses his balance and with a yelp of panic, falls into Kip's first pit!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Initial Reflex Save (-2 unfavourable circumstance penalty applied) (success)

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Reflex Save for End of Round (-2 unfavourable circumstance penalty applied, failure!)

3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11 Falling Damage

Edit: Map fixed.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip crouches down and presses himself against the wall as the flames once again envelop the Guardians...

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 8 damage for new HP total of 35

...his tactics protecting him from some of the heat.

He watches with some measure of satisfaction as Hargulka plummets into the pit. Finally! No longer needing the ruse, Kip ceases concentrating on the figment and the image of the iron plate vanishes, revealing the pit once more. free action

Stay back! He can still fling those beads out of the pit and catch us if we are too close... free action speech


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip is dismayed to see that the scroll he just dropped has been reduced to a pile of ash...

sorry guys :/


Your Humble Narrator

Forgot about Casimir's 5 foot step but Hargulka wouldn't. Fireball targeted on Malthir ratehr than Kalev.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

reflex save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 - success. 8 dmg

Despite the wash of flame adding fresh burns to his skin, Casimir let's out a whoop when Hargulka tumbles into the pit.

"How do you like it down there, Hargulka? Don't worry, I've got lots of toys you can borrow, so you don't get bored. Catch!"

He then grabs a flask of alchemist fire from his bandoleer and hurls it into the pit.

Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 vs AC 5

AC 25, hp 31/46


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

This time expecting the blast of flames, Fenna manages to turn aside from its full force.

HP: 23/44


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Reflex. Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

HP: 37/53


Your Humble Narrator

Ricter is up.


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Ricter is caught out by the blast again. The intense pain from the previous blast has been replaced by an unsettling numbness.

"Somehow we need to surround him before that pit closes"

Trailing smoke, Ricter moves past Kip and through the to door into B6 (single move action), breaking the door open if necessary:

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

If breaking it open isn't required, once through the door he stows his shield and holds his flail in a two-hand grip [/ooc](standard action)[/ooc].

How thick are these walls?

AC: 26
HP: 20/58


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Ricter, DM AK already stated that there is no way around the pit. If we want to cross, we will have to jump.


Your Humble Narrator

Hes thinking of making his own door I think...

Ricter finds his way into the empty kitchen, the door unlocked. As an interior wall, the eastern wall wouldn't be anywhere near as thick as an outer wall- but is still made of sturdy stone. With enough applied force to a small area of the wall, perhaps he could break into the great hall...

Stone has Hardness 8 and Ricter speculates the wall is probably a few inches thick.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Oh...oohh....*blinks*...."Quit destroying our castle, you armored lout!"...*shakes fist*


Your Humble Narrator

The whole group except Ricter and Casimir are up.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Cas has posted his action already as well. After Malthir, Kalev and Fenna...

Just prior to Kip's turn...

Kalev feels the familiar tingle as his magically enhanced size wears off and he returns to his normal stature. Enlarge expires

Round 5

Kip heeds his own advice and takes a step back 5' step to C 2 while keeping his attention focused on the pit. Come on ugly, stick your head up where I can see it. I have something else for you now...

Kip taunts the fallen troll, A troll down in a hole where it belongs! Are you going to hide down there all day? Or are you going to come out and fight?

Kip mumbles under his breath as he stares intently at the magical hole in the ground. standard action ready to cast spell as soon as he can target Hargulka

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 35 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expired
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9
Create Pit (C/D 12/13): expires round 10


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Cas, if he tries to get out you should grease the pit!

Malthir sheathes his sword and draws out the alchemists fire as he steps up a little. Iomedae's healing washes over him as well.
5'step closer to the pit.

Lay on Hands 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6, 3) + 2 = 12

Active effects:
AC: 26/29 vs Halgulka
HP: 40/58
Bless 20/30r
Divine Bond: Flaming 18/60r
LOH: 1/9


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fenna hurries after Ricter, ducking into the side room behind him.

Double move to B6, assuming Ricter has moved towards the vicious wall he's about to smite.
Quit running away from the healing, you're getting charred flesh all over the carpet!


Your Humble Narrator

I have Ricter in A7, Fenna in B6.

Just Kalev left to act- note that Kalev is enlarged until initiative count 3.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev starts down the hallway and jumps, his powerful leg muscles straining.

Jump: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Ref to avoid falling into Hargulka's pit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Ref to avoid falling other pit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

I forgot Shield other before. It gives me +1 save and shares the damage. +1 brings my save to 14, resulting in 4 points of damage to me and 4 to Fenna (THANKS!)

HP (before falling): 49/53


Your Humble Narrator

Ok... The outcome of those reflex saves actually had me in hysterics.

Kalev does the unthinkable- he leaps over the closest pit and lands with a crash between them. The sloped edges of the pit beckon on both sides as he totters between them, his balance lost.

1d100 ⇒ 17 1-50 Troll Pit, 51-100 "Safe" Pit

His footing lost, Kalev falls spectacularly into the thirty foot deep extradimensional pit, landing on top of Hargulka. The Troll King's bulk helps to cushion Kalev's fall as a more yielding surface than the pit's bottom, the giant's wind knocked out of him by Kalev's magically grown bulk slamming into him.

1d6 ⇒ 2 Non-Lethal Falling Damage to Kalev

2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 Lethal Falling Damage to Kalev

3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) = 5 Falling Object Damage to Hargulka

Both warriors lie in the pit, squeezed for space and both still armed as they stare at each other with hate in their eyes...

You... couldn't wait for more punishment, Kalev? Hargulka manages, shaking his tusked head in disbelief.

I imagine some actions posted before Kalev's might change- Fenna, Casimir and Kip please specify if this event changes your actions. The Shield Other spell has also ended, now Kalev has suddenly ended up out of reach...


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

ROFL!

You thought you could hide in this teeny hole, you smelly pile of troll refuse? Kalev snarls at the troll.


Your Humble Narrator

Squeezing penalties- you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

0_o...well, the tactical advantage was nice while it lasted. All three seconds of it. Nice knowing you, Kalev.


Your Humble Narrator

Is Casimir still throwing the alchemists fire in?


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Question - if Kip runs to the edge of the pit and looks down, can I negate his risk of falling by holding on to him?


Your Humble Narrator

Yes- it will be a standard action to begin it though and a full-round action next turn to maintain it if hes still being clung to.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Stunned silence....


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip is caught completely off guard by Kalev charging past him up the hallway. When he doesn't slow down as he approaches the pits, Kip's eyes go wide in shock as he fully realizes Kalev's intent. Wait!! What are you doing?! Why won't you give me time!?! free action speech

Kip lets out a guttural scream of frustration as Kalev makes the jump only to slip on the slopping edges and fall into the pit with Hargulka.

Why do I try and keep him alive when he obviously has a death wish!? Kip ponders as he casts a concerned glance at Fenna, knowing the implications of the magical bond she shares with Kalev.

After falling upon Hargulka, Kalev feels the familiar tingle as his magically enhanced size wears off and he returns to his normal stature. Enlarge expires

Round 5 RETCON

Seeing things going awry yet again, Kip does not hesitate to rush the pit as well. move action to D 7 Skidding to a stop at the edge of the pit just ahead of Casimir, Kip looks down as he tries to secure his footing on the slopped edge. Not wanting to join them below, Kip implores with Cas, Hold my belt! Do not let me fall! before gesturing and speaking magically enhanced words directed at the hulking form of Hargulka.

Seeing you fall into that pit reminds me of the time my mother-in-law fell into a wishing well. Up until then I had no idea those things actually worked! standard action cast hideous laughter (DC 19 Will)

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 35 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expired
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9
Create Pit (C/D 12/13): expires round 10
Hideous Laughter: expires round 11


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Will Save Failure!

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Improved Iron Will Reroll- Failure!

Hargulka looks up incredulously at the halfling above him, menacing tusks flanking a mouth that is slack with a gormless expression upon his face, for but a moment.

Hargulka's mighty jaw shakes, trembling from the effort of trying not to laugh. Then a snicker escapes from his shaking mouth, and he acknowledges-

That was actually quite amusing...

With his admission, the metaphorical floodgates seem to open. Hargulka erupts into a horrific fit of panicked, full fledged laughter as he rolls around on the floor, crushing the now much smaller Kalev into the sides of the pit with his bulk as he develops into full hysteria. His eyes are screaming panic and fear as the overwhelming, hideous urge to continue to appreciate the joke overwhelms any command his own brain is sending to his body; his maniacal laughter starts to become high pitched in contrast to his usual deep voice as his vocal cords are punished by the continuing laughter emanating from them. The cruel enchantment seems to have Hargulka firmly in its grasp, for now...

Spell Description/Effects:

This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It collapses into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. The subject can take no actions while laughing, but is not considered helpless. After the spell ends, it can act normally. On the creature's next turn, it may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this save is successful, the effect ends. If not, the creature continues laughing for the entire duration.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir drops into a low crouch, grabbing his sword with one hand and Kip with the other.


Your Humble Narrator

Kip's init drops to 2b in order to allow Casimir a readied action to grab hold of him. Just want to let Fenna have a chance to change her action before I update the round, let me know either way.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

No change here, with the shield other down there's not much Fenna can do right now.

HP:19/44


Your Humble Narrator

The Troll King

Round 6-

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka (acted)- 21
Ricter- 20
Malthir- 19
Kalev- 17
Fenna- 5
Casimir- 2a
Kip- 2b

Active Effects-
Lead Blades on Cleft
Bless on Party
Malthir's Flaming Sword

Map-
Map Link (Init 20)

Notes-

The pits are 30 feet deep and you have to save at a +2 bonus to avoid falling in if you end your turn adjacent to one.

Action-
With a supreme effort of will, Hargulka manages to resist the enchantment before it completely overwhelms him, growling and snarling as he seems to physically shake away the enchantment magic compelling him.

YOUR MAGIC WILL NOT DEFEAT ME! the Troll roars up at Kip, furious that he succumbed to the enchantment. The Troll King's bruises and the arrow wound Casimir dealt are healing right before your eyes...

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Success on Will save as a full-round action.

3,651 to 3,700 of 4,585 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.