Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"We are essentially pawns in a larger game - what we have to find out is who it is that are making the moves, and what we can do to become masters of our own destiny."

Spymaster Casimir, Aldori Duellist & Statkari


3,601 to 3,650 of 4,585 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Malthir starts again into a run, speeding his way to the sound of the battle. He gets to C,-3 before pronouncing judgement.

As an enemy of Kardas and all good people, stand judged by Iomedae's sword! Activate Smite Evil

Active effects:
AC: 26/29 vs Halgulka
HP: 56/58
Bless 16/30r
Divine Bond: Flaming 16/60r


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip hurries to join the battle. double move

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 48 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 5
Bless (Kip): expires round 30


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fenna keeps up the brisk pace towards the sound of the Troll King's taunts.

Active effects:
[ooc]AC: 22/26 vs Halgulka HP: 44/44


Your Humble Narrator

Kip and Fenna you are 20 feet off the map. Moving ten feet towards the action will give you line of sight along the corridor, moving twenty feet will put you on the first line of the map (-2).

From the other side of the door, Vaysh's voice can be heard, crying out as you hear the sounds of heavy objects being removed from the door to Hargulka's east-

Malthir, my love! Guardians! We are coming, keep that brute at bay, don't lose hope!

DM Only:

Vaysh Strength Check- 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Akiros Strength Check- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Wow, fail...

The Troll King

Round 2-

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka- 21
Ricter- 20
Kalev- 17
Kip- 8
Casimir- 6
Fenna- 5
Malthir- 4

Active Effects-
Lead Blades on Kalev
Enlarge Person on Kalev (4 rounds left)
Bless on Party
Malthir's Flaming Sword

Hargulka has -2 AC from his use of the Lunge feat.
Kalev is standing on difficult terrain- squares C4 and C5 are difficult terrain for reference.

Map-

Map Link (Init 20)

Notes-
The remnants of the broken doors on the map are treated as difficult terrain.

Action-

Hargulka sneers as he sees the rest of the Guardians arrive.

Your she-whore will not save your lands, Baron. Neither will Cleft; the weapon most feared by all of my subjects... he taunts, moving closer to Kalev using the opportunity gained by parrying the polearm. Expertly stepping inside Kalev's reach for a moment, Hargulka pins the Bardiche against the wall once more with his claw and then releases it, only to grip his darkwood morningstar with both claws as he spins and smashes the weapon against Cleft with a powerful and perfectly timed blow before Kalev can get it clear, the spin only adding further momentum to the powerful strike. Kalev's favored, enlarged and enchanted weapon is smashed between the morningstar and the hard stone wall of Kardasholme and is instantly shattered into two pieces from the impact, Kalev left holding only the haft and a spiked end where the metal was sundered. The stone wall also bears the scar of the attack, Cleft having left a deep, crescent axe-headed gouge in the titanic battle between the two giants.

Stunned by the ferocity of the brutal tactic and the damage done to his weapon, Kalev nevertheless heroically parries Hargulka's follow up two-handed assault with the broken weapon left in his hands. The Troll King howls in triumph as he finally beats past Kalev's defence and the half-orc fails to evade yet another blow raining down on him but Kalev's enlarged armour takes the force of the impact admirably, the attack merely knocking the wind from Kalev for a moment before he recovers.

Nevertheless, the near-miss is all the opportunity the veteran Troll needs to force his wooden weapon at Kalev again, forcing the Ranger to desperately arrest its progress by parrying the morningstar with the remains of Cleft in both hands in order to stop another blow; and as he does so Hargulka's teeth lunge down over the two enchanted weapons and tear a chunk out of Kalev's shoulder. The Guardian forces Hargulka back and the Troll King re-assumes his position further down the corridor, the advantage apparently going to him. Despite the success in damaging Cleft, Hargulka gives Kalev a small nod of respect.

Even more feared by my people than his weapon Cleft, is Marshall Kalev of Kardas. Can you live up to that title, warrior?

5 foot step combined with a Lunge full attack, with the initial attack replaced by a Sunder maneuver, the second attack against AC and a bite attack follow up against AC. Cleft has 5/30HP left and has the Broken condition.

Kalev:

Two handed hafted weapon, 5 Hardness base and 10HP. Rises to 7 Hardness and 20HP by virtue of +1, and the original HP of 10 is doubled as the weapon is large. This ends up with Hardness 7 and 30HP, gaining the broken condition at 15HP.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 Sunder Hit VS Kalev CMD of 27 (+2 from Bardiche)
2d6 + 25 ⇒ (3, 4) + 25 = 32 25 damage to Cleft, 0 damage carries over to Kalev

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Iterative attack miss against AC21

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Bite attack hit against AC21
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Damage to Kalev

Ricter is up. Please note- Any weapon destroyed can be remade with a Make Whole spell, this isn't 3.5. Even the destroyed condition isn't the end for it; unless Hargulka scatters several pieces across Golarion and even then that just sounds like an awesome quest hook...

Oh, and i'm ruling that the specific case of the Broken condition that makes a weapon crit only on a 20 overrules the Keen property of the Bardiche, in case there was any doubt.


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Ricter steps out from around the corner. Though he is dwarfed by the hulking form of Kalev, his Hellknight plate seems to loom. He begins to spin his flail in ever quicker arcs until it slams down onto the stone floor. The magically amplified impact sends cracks spidering out a foot in every direction - impressive even after the damage Cleft did to the wall.

5' step to C2, then standard action to use dazzling display

Intimidate vs Hargulka (+2 from Enforcer of Law): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Free round speak out of turn, Kip, once Casimir and I move in Haste us please! As for you, you are just another evil piece of garbage that we will eradicate from Golarion!


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

free action speech
Haste?! Really? I do not have the scroll in hand.... but... ok... as you wish. It will take a moment...


Your Humble Narrator

Despite Ricter's much smaller size, Hargulka does look a little in awe at the Hellknight's prowess with his flail nonetheless.

Shaken for one round.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Kip Bendybrook wrote:

free action speech

Haste?! Really? I do not have the scroll in hand.... but... ok... as you wish. It will take a moment...

Remember that Malthir has an 8 wisdom :), doesn't mean that the things he says should always be followed...since you can't even see them probably not the best move...lol's.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

I don't think my action will really change anything.

Iomedae's light washes over Malthir, Ricter, Casimir, but more importantly, Kalev, healing much of his initial wound.
Channel Positive Energy 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12
He then moves up 20' to D,2.

Active effects:
AC: 26/29 vs Halgulka
HP: 58/58
Bless 17/30r
Divine Bond: Flaming 17/60r
LOH: 4/9


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev roars in anger as the haft of Cleft is torn asunder, throws the pieces to the ground and rushes towards the equally sized opponent, huge hands grapping at fur or armor in an attempt to overpower Hargulka.

Grapple (w/ Ranger's Focus, Guidance): 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 4 + 1 = 31

Remember, any penalty to AC, such as from Lunge, also reduces CMD.


Your Humble Narrator

As Kalev lunges for Hargulka, he slams his morningstar brutally into Kalev's face. Kalev's hands grasp at thin air as Hargulka brutally beats him back with his weapon in both hands, shattering the Half-Orc's nose and sending teeth scattering over the corridor.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 AOO
2d6 + 25 ⇒ (2, 6) + 25 = 33 Damage to Kalev

RAW reminder- damage applied during a maneuver is applied as a penalty to the CMB check. Which puts Kalev's total CMB check at a -2 i'm afraid; a 31 would actually have managed it if the AOO had missed...

Kip, Casimir and Fenna left to act.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Moving into the room, Fenna winces as Kalev is struck back by the giant. "I ask the Merchant to balance the scales, and allow me to take on a portion of the suffering of this warrior," she prays in Azlanti, resting her hand on one of the several rings spread across her fingers.

Move to (D,-2) and cast shield other on Kalev.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Determined to make the most of Hargulka's brief moment of insecurity, Casimir rushes forward into the passageway. Move to C,4

"Since you like breaking things with that toy of yours, I think you had best put it down for a bit. Slippery grip!" he says, pointing to Hargulka's morning star. Cast grease DC 14 reflex or drop the weapon.


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hargulka's grip on his weapon of choice is iron; despite the grease running down the darkwood morningstar, he maintains his solid grip on it.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Alex, do AOO's re-set on the creatures turn?

Also to retcon my action, I will move up 15' and then do the channel so I can catch Kalev, but not big "H". I guess I should have waited...not what I was expecting him to do with the potential AOO...:)


Your Humble Narrator

They reset at the start of every round is the way i've been doing it, stops funny things happening with delays, readied actions etc.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Round 2

Waiting until Cas and Malthir move further into the room delay action (init now 3), Kip takes up Malthir's vacated position move action to C -2 and focuses his attention on the ground beneath the troll king's feet. I'm sorry Malthir but I need more time! Gesturing with his free hand and speaking the words of power, Kip conjures an extra dimensional pit beneath Hargulka. standard action cast create pit (DC 17 reflex)

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 48 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 5
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9


Your Humble Narrator

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Reflex Success

Showing lightning reflexes, Hargulka swiftly wedges himself between the two walls with powerful arms as his feet begin to fall out from under him. Holding his heavy bulk up with powerful arms, he plants his feet firmly on the edges of the pit, securing his footing before releasing his arms.

Your petty tricks continue to fail to impress me, Guardians the Troll King taunts.


Your Humble Narrator

The Troll King

Round 3-

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka- 21
Ricter- 20
Kalev- 17
Casimir- 6
Fenna- 5
Malthir- 4
Kip- 3

Active Effects-
Lead Blades on Cleft
Enlarge Person on Kalev (4 rounds left)
Bless on Party
Malthir's Flaming Sword
Shield Other on Kalev

Map-

Map Link (Init 20)

Notes-
The remnants of the broken doors on the map are treated as difficult terrain- squares C4 and C5 as well as E/F -2/-1.

Action-

His footing precarious and his grip on his weapon continually tested by Casimir's Grease, Hargulka trades his ferocious full assault for a single, powerful strike at Kalev's breastplate- the enchanted, darkwood morning star sundering his armour despite its increased durability from his enlarged state. The middle of the breastplate caves in under the assault and bends and buckles; although the armour is not destroyed its defensive value is becoming questionable.

Having broken both Kalev's armour and weapon as well as wounding him, Hargulka quickly moves away from the extra-dimensional pit, eyeing the field of battle with a critical eye.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Reflex save to not drop weapon (Grease)

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 Vital Strike Sunder
4d6 + 25 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 2) + 25 = 44 Damage to Kalev's armour, 12 deducted from hardness, 32/60HP damage dealt. Kalev's armour gains the broken condition.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Free action speech out of turn, Hmmm, looks like the haste may be needed even more now... he says eyeing the pit skeptically...


Your Humble Narrator

To be fair, it meant Hargulka couldn't make a full attack without risking falling in ;).


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

free action speech
Why is it you guys with the pointy sticks always want to rush into things? That strategy has proved costly a number of times... this time seems to be no exception. Kip's eyes fall upon the battered form of Kalev, his broken weapon and his heavily damaged armor...


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

bumpity bump bump! :)


Your Humble Narrator

Not willing to bot anyone for this fight so i'll just keep waiting patiently :).


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Yes! My backwoods internet is finally working!

"So be it. Let us bide our time"

Ricter moves back to A3, the better to avoid any fireballs Hargulka may throw.

Where do these doors lead? Would it be possible to circumvent the corridor?


Your Humble Narrator

They lead to various other storerooms, guest areas, waiting rooms and additional seating and eating areas for the servants. Sadly, each is a one-door room with no way of circumventing the corridor.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Something just occurred to me, while contemplating how dangerous Hargulka is given his skill in combat combined with his apparent ability to cast fireball; is he wearing any jewellery, such as a necklace?


Your Humble Narrator

He is indeed wearing a beaded necklace in addition to his hide armour.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1
DM Alexander wrote:

Meanwhile, at the battle of Kardasholme...

Round 2-

Hargulka seethed in fury as he was forced off the wall yet again. The veteran warrior idly fingered one of the beads in his amulet, contemplating using it to soften up the defence.

Not yet, my pet... came her soft voice, and with it the stabbing, blinding pain that heralded one of her commands.

I believe so... ;)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Alex. :P


Your Humble Narrator

Indeed, I did hint at it earlier in narrative :). However- even if you might suspect what the necklace is thats player knowledge, thus...

Knowledge (Arcana) DC20:

You can tell from the distinct golden tint of the five or six beads on the necklace that it is indeed a Necklace of Fireballs.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Knowledge (Arcana) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 6 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 10 = 36 (taking the +10 from Azlant Pendant - unless you'd rather I only use this when she's aware in character that it's an important check.)

Edit: not that it makes a difference with that roll...

"Kalev, stay back." Fenna says, her eyes focused on the large form of the troll before them. "Kip," she then comments to the halfing beside her in Gnomish,

Gnomish:
"that necklace is the source of his fireballs, and it is rather unstable around flames."


Your Humble Narrator

I'm happy for you to have used it, particularly as you rolled a 20 anyway ;).


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

I have already (over)used my free action speech this round so...

Kip nods his head in understanding...

;)


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev, temporarily at a loss of apparent actions, move back down the hall, drawing his handaxe against the possibility he may need a weapon in hand.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir eyes the pit between the Guardians and Hargulka in obvious frustration, his understanding of what Kip and Fenna are discussing giving him even more cause for concern. Then he calls out to the pair in the gnomish tongue.

gnomish:

Kip, Fenna, we have to do something to keep him occupied while that pit is blocking our way. Otherwise, he can lob fireballs at us at leisure. Kip, I'm going to try and weaken his resolve, see if you can catch him with a fireball or another pit. I fear it is our only option.

He then steps forward into the corridor, and boldly addresses the troll king. Move to D5

"Boast all you want, Hargulka. But anyone that challenges the Guardians meet a swift end. See the charred spots on my boot? That is what is left of Nagrundi. And you will die screaming like he did."

Intimidate - demoralize (-4 vs Large creature) 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Malthir begins to delay...


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Fenna and then Kip is up... :)


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Has Kalev moved back into the room?

If so:
Fenna moves forwards, calling upon the healing power of the Aroden's guise of the Shepherd.
cure moderate wounds on Kalev 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 3) + 6 = 16


Your Humble Narrator

I have him in C/D 0/1, so yeah Fenna heals him.

Malthir, are you taking an action this round or delaying until the next one?

Kip is up.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Round 3

Undaunted by his earlier failure, and the obvious frustration of the other Guardians (perplexing to Kip), Kip again tries to conjure an extra dimensional pit beneath, but just a little behind*, Hargulka standard action cast create pit (DC 17 reflex) before removing a scroll** from his pack, move action while stepping up beside Fenna 5' to C -1

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 48 of 48
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 5
Bless (Kip): expires round 30
Create Pit (C/D 8/9): expires round 9
*Create Pit (C/D 12/13): expires round 10

DM:
**Scroll is fireball.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

With no options at the moment, Malthir continues to delay.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

The suspense is killing me. :)


Your Humble Narrator

Casimir manages to make another flicker of doubt show over Hargulka's features as he assesses the six formidable adventurers assayed before him. Like before though, the self-assured troll quickly recovers his morale.

Shaken for one round.

Seeing Kip casting once more, Hargulka is nevertheless almost taken off-guard by the suddenness of the pit opening underneath his massive heels. He stumbles and almost falls in, but with a display of extreme physical conditioning he pulls himself back from the brink, even off-balance as he is.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Reflex save success (Pit)

Is Kalev's HP up to date? You have nothing written in wounds but even after Fenna's healing you should be down quite a lot from the AOO.

The Troll King

Round 4-

Ordered Initiative-

Hargulka- 21
Ricter- 20
Kalev- 17
Casimir- 6
Fenna- 5
Kip- 3

Malthir- On delay.

Active Effects-
Lead Blades on Cleft
Enlarge Person on Kalev (3 rounds left)
Bless on Party
Malthir's Flaming Sword
Shield Other on Kalev

Map-
Map Link (Init 20)

Notes-
The remnants of the broken doors on the map are treated as difficult terrain- squares C4 and C5 as well as E/F -2/-1.

Action-

You wish to trade magic, pathetic little worm? Hargulka says, with a growl and a scowl- he plucks one of the golden beads from his necklace and hefts it meaningfully, the tiny object dwarfed by his massive green claw.

I've been saving this one for you, Guardians. Enjoy...

He hurls the small bead directly at Kalev, at the centre of the room you are all stood in. An instantanous eruption of white-hot flame bursts from the tiny bead, rapidly expanding to fill the room. The remnants of the two shattered doors and whats left of the barricades behind them are instantly consumed by the powerful flames- which scald and burn all six of you intensely, Fenna suffering her own wounds as well as half of Kalevs!

8d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4, 6) = 34 Fire Damage!

Reflex Save DC14 for half damage.

Fenna:

The Azlant Pendant helped you recall additional information about the necklace, and you were even able to identify it. Its a necklace of fireballs of the fourth order- a moderately powerful magical item of its type. You know that such a necklace only contains a single bead of such power.

Feel free to look up the item so you have an idea of what he might have left, but try and transmit any information IC rather than telling people OOC 'he has a 4d6 at best' for example.

Five of the beads remain on Hargulka's necklace, but having hurled the fireball he moves out of sight of the corridor, clambering over and wrecking one of the dinner tables as he moves out of sight of the group.

Casimir:

You still have partial line of sight on him. Hes in squares -A/A 9/10.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Ref Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Save successful, resulting in 17 points of damage, divided between Fenna and Kalev. HP: 9/53


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

HP: 1/44


Your Humble Narrator

So 9 to Kalev, 8 to Fenna. Never fear Fenna, Kip was holding back Lucky Halfling for you :).


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Reflex save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Reflex Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Malthir takes the full blast and then looks back at kip as he grows more frustrated at the situation...he gets an idea...
Kalev, is the door over there intact enough to throw across the pit so we can use it to cross?

3,601 to 3,650 of 4,585 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.