Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"We are essentially pawns in a larger game - what we have to find out is who it is that are making the moves, and what we can do to become masters of our own destiny."

Spymaster Casimir, Aldori Duellist & Statkari


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,585 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Round 7

Kip hears Malthir call out across the battlefield as the troll and troll hounds move in on them. ... but you are too close to them! I cannot hit them all without hitting some of you. Kip quickly devises a new plan as he reaches inside his magical pack and removes the requested scroll. move equivalent action

He quickly unrolls the parchment and prepares to read the magical words upon it. readied action below

Fireball coming your way! You are too close!! Everyone attack the hounds, step back and spread out!!!

The illusion of Casimir fades from view as Kip no longer maintains concentration on it.

Readied action:

Readied action to cast fireball from scroll before the trolls/Nagrundi's turn (after Ricter's turn) (regardless of what the rest of the Guardians do) *crosses fingers* :)

Just as the troll and hounds are about to strike again, Kip reads the writing upon the scroll. As he intones the last syllable, he points his hand in the direction of Nagrundi and the scroll transforms into a small bead the color of molten metal and streaks off silently in his direction. standard action cast fireball from scroll target grid intersection B/C 77/78 (Should catch Nagrundi and all the trolls.. and whoever doesn't heed Kip's request.)

The bead flies straight at Nagrundi before detonating just as it reaches the two headed monstrosity, engulfing him and those around him, in a huge ball of flame. CL5 DC 16 Reflex save for half: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 4, 5) = 17

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 48 of 48
Vanish (Fenna): expires round 8
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 13
Expeditious Retreat (Kip): expires round 14
Silent Image: expired

Note: Wand of expeditious retreat is in C 48


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Phasing into view, Casimir moves forward and calls out a challenge to Nagrundi. Standard move due east

"Prepare to burn, you ugly lump. Feel the wrath of Kardas!"

Intimidate - demoralize vs Nagrundi 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Malthir growls in frustration,
Why are we moving back, just hit them with the fireball!!!
Malthir smiles at the 2 headed troll, showing him how his own powers work... Lay on Hands swift heal 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) + 2 = 11

Malthir attacks the one in front of him and Ricter's if needed then steps straight back towards kip 5'

+2 longsword pwr atk inspire 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 25 dam 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 18
+2 longsword pwr atk full attack 1d20 + 10 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 24 dam 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 19

Active affects:
Hit points: 46/58
AC: 26/29vs Troll
Expeditious Retreat 6/10 rounds - 6th round in use
Inspire +1/+1
Smite Evil - Troll


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fenna begins to slow from her run as she nears the battle-line between the trollhounds and the Guardians.

Run to D66.
Hp: 44/44, AC: 21 (25 vs. Nagrundi)


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Ricter backs off keeping his shield between him and Nagrundi at all times. He make controlled swipes at the trollhounds, but his main focus is on avoiding any more hits as devestating as the last.

Defensive full-round attack, then 5' step to E73

Flail attack vs 75E +1 (inspire) -4 (defensive): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Damage +1 (inspire): 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Flail attack vs 75D +1 (inspire) -4 (defensive) - 5 (iterative): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Damage +1 (inspire): 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

HP: 19/58
AC: 27 (28 vs Nagrundi; +2 deflection bonus from smite replaces +1 deflection bonus from Ring of Protection)


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
As far as I can tell you've applied the extra damage from power attack but not the penalty to attack rolls- I make it +13 for the normal attacks (+12 base, +1 inspire, +1 bless, +1 AOO, -2 power attack) and +17 for the AOO's on Nagrundi. Damage seems correct. Let me know if i'm missing something on the attacks.

I'm using HeroLab to keep track of the numbers. For some reason, the attack bonus is 2 higher than it is supposed to be.


Your Humble Narrator

Fenna runs forward, finally coming close to the already wounded warriors who ran ahead.

Casimir's threat manages to temporarily instill doubt even into the mind of a giant as powerful as Nagrundi, if only for a moment.

Shaken, for one round.

Need Kalev's action to update.


Your Humble Narrator

Ricter, Malthir, Kalev, see the OOC please.


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev staggers backwards from the force of the claw, but remains standing, swinging Cleft in a high arch at the mighty troll. Then he steps back, trying to impale the troll again.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (7, 7) + 21 = 35
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (5, 7) + 21 = 33

5 ft step NW.
HP: 53/53


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Once again, Casimir's magic encouragement gives Kalev's swing the final bit of power it needs to strike true.

Strike true, Kalev - for Kardas! 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


Your Humble Narrator

Once again, Casimir's magical inspiration helps turn a weak blow into a powerful swing that tears into the two-headed troll- but Kalev's follow up blow lacks such powerful bardic magic and is not sufficient to wound the troll.

Malthir strikes with the fury of Iomedae, managing to slash the trollhound with two powerful blows of Liberator that leave it crumpled on the ground before he retreats. Beside him, Ricter is more careful- making slow but precise strikes with his flail that both slam into the beast's flesh, leaving it barely standing before stepping back, shield raised high.

Reflex Saves (DC14)-
Nagrundi- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Fail, 17 damage.

Trollhound 5- (Irrelevant, dies regardless)

Trollhound 1- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Fail, 17 damage

Trollhound 3- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Success, 8 damage

Trollhound 2- 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 Fail, 17 damage, dies

Trollhound 4- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Success, 8 damage

Trollhound 6- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Success, 8 damage

Nagrundi takes the full brunt of the explosion while several of the trollhounds fall to the powerful burst of flame that extends as far as to where Kalev and Malthir were stood only a moment ago. The trollhound Malthir struck is burnt to death, as is one of the unconcious trollhounds Kalev struck. The trollhound Ricter struck manages to avoid the worst of the flame but is still rendered unconcious by the power of its wounds, and its partner next to it manages to roll through the grass to avoid the worst of the lingering flame. The regeneration of all of the troll-ilk before you is temporarily suppressed.

The illusonary Casimir vanishes just as the real thing re-appears; the Trollhound that was attacking the illusion immediately rushes over to him to continue attacking him. Casimir is taken by surprise, watching Kalev attack Nagrundi and inspiring him to greater prowess, and the trollhound's jaws close around his sword arm. Casimir angrily shakes the powerful hound off of him, and the beast lands prone next to him, its attempt to pull him to the ground having backfired.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Hit
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Damage
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Free action trip (fail by 10, tripped in turn)

DM Only:

Fort Cas- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The only other trollhound left standing positions itself where it can threaten both Malthir and Ricter and attempts to bite Ricter- who contemptuously dodges aside from the lunge, never taking his eyes off Nagrundi.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Nagrundi moves into the fray, attacking with terrible, monstrous power and focusing his efforts on Kalev, who has successfully wounded him no less than twice. In a almost elegant display of simultaneous movements, both claws lunge for Kalev while two seperate heads target Ricter and Malthir in one massive, frenzied attack. Nagrundi howls in pain and rage throughout, as the singed, thirty foot monstrosity attacks the ants beneath him.

Both of the brute's claws tear through Kalev's breastplate and in a sickening display of brutality the beast latches on, digging his massive, bloodstained claws into the half-orc's skin as his lifeblood flows out onto them; and then tears them out forcefully, disembowelling Kalev in the process, his torso a ruin.

Simultaneously, Ricter's attention to his defence pays off as he belligerently sways aside from the sharp teeth trying to bite him and continually batters one of the heads aside with his shield. Eventually his shield is pushed aside, but not before its robbed the bite of much of the two-headed troll's momentum. The teeth don't penetrate the trusty Hellknight plate and the protection his Patrons of Law grant him in time before a quick swing of his flail wards Nagrundi off.

Nearby, Malthir finds himself in a similar situation, the grace of Iomedae and his enchanted full plate being barely sufficient to halt the teeth from doing any lethal damage; although the drool and saliva from Nagrundi's second mouth as it latched onto his shoulder may never wash off...

Nagrundi Attacks-

Claw 1 (Kalev)-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Hit
1d8 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 Damage

Claw 2 (Kalev)-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 Hit (Successful Rend)
1d8 + 16 + 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 16 + (1) + 12 = 34 (Rend damage included)

Bite 1 (Ricter)-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Miss

Bite 2 (Malthir)-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Miss

Heads returning to a less aggressive position, all four of Nagrundi's eyes look on in astonishment and confused puzzlement- the ogre sized warrior was, somehow, still standing?!?!

The Guardians of the Greenbelt VS Nagrundi-

Round 8-

Ordered Initiative-
Fenna- 15
Casimir- 14
Kalev (standing due to Ferocity)- 8
Malthir- 7a
Ricter- 7b
Kip- 6
Trollhounds- 2
Nagrundi- 1

Active Effects-

Inspire Courage (a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls)

Shield of Faith on Kalev (+3 deflection to AC/CMD)

Shield of Faith on Casimir (+3 deflection to AC/CMD)

Expeditious Retreat on Malthir (40 feet movement in armour)

Expeditious Retreat on Kip (50 foot speed)

Vanish on Fenna

Smite Chaos on Nagrundi (Ricter)

Smite Evil on Nagrundi (Malthir)

Enlarge Person on Kalev

Bless on all Guardians except Malthir

Map-
Link

Notes-
As a huge sized creature, Nagrundi has 15 foot reach. Its also very clear he has two bite attacks (two heads), and two claw attacks.

Nagrundi has regained two points of AC as he didn't Great Cleave on his last action.

Action-

With Fenna still not in sight, the battle seems to be poised on the edge of a knife's blade. Most of the trollhounds are incapacitated, one of the two still fighting has just been knocked prone by Casimir.

Nagrundi himself is wounded and still not regenerating; but even a casual glance can tell that Kalev is standing on little more than adrenalin and the unyielding, monstrous heritage of his orc side. His guts are spilling out of his stomach and the terrible claw wounds Nagrundi left in him make it clear he can't survive another blow.

Remember Kalev, acting as though disabled means a single move or standard action only although you can still 5 foot step.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev is simply too stupid to realize he should be unconscious ;)


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip fails to even notice the hounds falling to his ball of fire as he watches in horror as Kalev is disemboweled by the two headed monstrosity.

Realizing he is too far to help immediately, Kip calls out hopefully, Everyone! Protect yourself! Stay alive! I need a moment to try and slow the troll! free action speech


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fading into view a little behind the skirmish, the gnomish ex-priestess speaks in a level firm tone, "Kalev, step back to me."

Move to C70 and ready an action

readied action:
Waiting for Kalev to step within her reach, she begins a prayer, holding a hand to the winged eye hanging at her neck, "Merciful Shepard, please knit-together this grievous wound, and restore this mighty warrior to the struggle."

Cure serious wounds on Kalev 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 6 = 20


Your Humble Narrator

Oh very nice move, I was thinking he won't be able to get to you without incuring an AOO but positioned there he can attack and then 5 foot to you.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

He can do one better than 5' step if he forgoes the attack. ;)


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Oh very nice move, I was thinking he won't be able to get to you without incuring an AOO but positioned there he can attack and then 5 foot to you.

What I lack in speed, I make up for in efficiency.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip winces as Fenna moves closer to the troll.


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Nagrundi's clumsy attempt to evade the fire gives Casimir an idea. Ignoring the trollhound on the ground, he points to the ground beneath the two-headed giant's feet and calls out slippery steps.

Grease on B-C 76-77. DC 14 Reflex save. my move action depends on the result of the save.


Your Humble Narrator

Trollhound AOO-
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Nagrundi Reflex-
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The small patch of magical grease beneath the titanic form of Nagrundi is enough. His footing stumbles, and the mighty giant falls prone.

He still threatens three squares remember.


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip cheers as the troll falls to the ground!


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Who's a big clumsy pile of gory carcass in a few seconds?


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

"There you go, gentlemen - he should be hard to miss now!" Casimir calls out, then moves up next to the fallen giant, blade raised and ready to strike if he attempts to rise.

Move to D79, provoking AoO from Nagrundi.

AC 27, hp 46/46


Your Humble Narrator

As Casimir moves into position, one of Nagrundi's heads snaps out from his prone position, almost ripping Casimir's arm off before he gets clear, a bleeding wound left on his arm.

Nagrundi AOO-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
2d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 1) + 16 = 22


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev is beyond pain, his body numb from the shock and blood loss, still some...thing...in him drives his movements, as he lifts Cleft high overhead and brings the blade down like the blade on a guillotine.

Attack (Flank, Opponent Prone, Guidance) 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27
Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (1, 4) + 21 = 26

Then, he half-staggers, half-falls towards Fenna, his vision blurry and sounds growing dim around him.

HP: -5/53


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Malthir nods a thanks to Casimir, heals himself, then calmly walks over to the giant, laying prone, welcoming the attack from the trollhound and Nagrundi, Time to die troll, for Kardas!!!!!!
Lay on Hands 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 2 = 16******cancelled due to recton****
Move to C75, single attack.
+2 longsword smite pwr atk inspire prone 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 4 = 26 dam 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 + 1 = 23
hopefully, it is still intimidated....darn dice, I mean +21 to hit and still probably missed...

Active affects:
Hit points: 58/58
AC: 26/29vs Troll
Expeditious Retreat 7/10 rounds - 7th round in use
Inspire +1/+1
Smite Evil - Troll
LOH: 6/9 remaining


Your Humble Narrator

Perhaps affected nevertheless by his terrible wounds, Kalev's blow lacks the strength to overcome Nagrundi's powerful hide and he staggers backwards into Fenna's waiting healing touch.

Trollhound AOO-
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Malthir moves in too, ignoring the trollhound as it fails to find purchase on his armoured form- and his blade manages to pierce the troll's hide, causing it to howl in pain even more. This close to the fallen Giant, Malthir and Casimir note an amulet around Nagrundi's neck, as well as a ring on one of his fingers.

Ricter and Kip left to act. Ricter you have a lot of different modifiers on your attack and damage might be worth listing them as you go, every +1 counts at this point...


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Round 8

Seeing the others swarming the downed troll, Kip calls out, Just a moment longer!

Kip steps towards the battle 5' step to C 49 while retrieving his walking stick from within his magical pack move equivalent action retrieve rod of reach. Grasping it firmly in his hand, Kip begins casting his most potent spell standard action begin full round casting (slow) + metamagic reach.

Current status & effects:
AC: 20 HP: 48 of 48
Vanish (Fenna): expired
Enlarge (Kalev): expires round 13
Expeditious Retreat (Kip): expires round 14

Note: Wand of expeditious retreat is in C 48


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Missed the flank from Casimir, should have hit up to an AC of 28.


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

A the giant comes crashing down Ricter pushes forward to stand beside Malthir. He tries to crack the tree-like bones of the beast:

Move to D75 and attack

Flail Power Attack +1 inspire +2 prone +2 smite +2 flank: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

Damage +1 inspire +1 smite: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Edit - Use reliable strike to re-roll attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

That's not the kind of reliable I'm looking for!

HP: 45/58 (after retcon)
AC: 25/26 vs Nagrundi


Your Humble Narrator

You get +4 for attacking prone (rather than +2) and you get +1 from bless- this gives you 28 which is exactly a hit. I am fondly reminded of this comic strip-

Link

[ooc]28's a hit but i'm being nagged to go to bed. Update tomorrow morning.


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Honest to god, guys. I serve the troll giant up flat on his back, and get myself good and bit to provide flank - and this is the best you can come up with? Guess I'll just have to finish him myself. :-)


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Casimir wrote:
Honest to god, guys. I serve the troll giant up flat on his back, and get myself good and bit to provide flank - and this is the best you can come up with? Guess I'll just have to finish him myself. :-)

Hey, Ricter and I both hit, even though we didn't know it at first...lol's


Your Humble Narrator

Ricter's flail smashes into Nagrundi's face with a sickening crunch; but the two-headed troll seems at least as indomitable as Kalev. The last trollhound left standing moves to attack Malthir from behind but is once again confounded by the Paladin's full plate.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Trollhound misses

Just posting this for now, hope to update in an hour with Nagrundi's action but its one of my gf's family member's birthdays today so no promises.


Your Humble Narrator

To Ricter's surprise, the trollhound's body he is standing on begins to stir and then tries to rise. The Hellknight disdainfully takes his attention off Nagrundi for a moment in order to pulverise its skull. From the splinters of bone and the horrific mess he makes of its head, hes pretty sure its not going to get up again for quite some time.

Ricter AOO-
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

The trollhound Casimir knocked prone gets up and rushes for Ricter, but just as its about to reach him Kalev's massive polearm arcs through the air and cuts deeply into the trollhounds hide- and it crumples to the ground.

Kalev AOO-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
2d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 2) + 17 = 23

Nagrundi seems far from finished and although he is prone, you notice a shift in his attacks to compensate- he swings his claws and gnashes his massive, bestial jaws with less power than before but nevertheless the strength behind the blows is colossal. He focuses both of his claws on the flanked Malthir and the damage to the Baron's tender human flesh he does with them is beyond even what the giant did to Kalev. Just as the claws rend cruelly through Malthir, the Paladin roars his defiance at the troll- his blood-drenched shout serving as the vocal component for a desperate burst of positive energy that keeps Malthir alive, albeit barely as he collapses to the earth in an armoured heap, sword falling from his hand. The powerful jaws of both bestial heads lash out at Ricter and Casimir, both of them managing to ward them off; one with sheer armoured bulk and the other thanks to Fenna's magic supplementing his defences.

Nagrundi Full Attack-

Claw 1 (Malthir)-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Hit
1d8 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Bite 1 (Casimir)-
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Miss
2d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 3) + 16 = 20

Claw 2 (Malthir)-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Crit Threat (+ Rend)
2d8 + 28 ⇒ (1, 2) + 28 = 31 (Rend included)

Claw 2 Confirm (Malthir)-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Confirmed
1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Critical Damage

Bite 2 (Ricter)-
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Miss
2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 1) + 12 = 18

Malthir's hero's defiance spell takes him from effective -16 to 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 2) + 2 = 13 -3HP as an immediate action (it triggers the moment he hits 0 or less so the damage isn't enough to kill him it turns out). He cannot use a swift action next round.

The Guardians of the Greenbelt VS Nagrundi-

Round 9-

Ordered Initiative-
Fenna- 15
Casimir- 14
Kalev- 8
Malthir- 7a
Ricter- 7b
Kip- 6
Trollhounds- 2
Nagrundi- 1

Active Effects-

Inspire Courage (a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls)

Shield of Faith on Kalev (+3 deflection to AC/CMD)

Shield of Faith on Casimir (+3 deflection to AC/CMD)

Expeditious Retreat on Malthir (40 feet movement in armour)

Expeditious Retreat on Kip (50 foot speed)

Smite Chaos on Nagrundi (Ricter)

Smite Evil on Nagrundi (Malthir)

Enlarge Person on Kalev

Bless on all Guardians except Malthir

Map-
Link

Notes-
As a huge sized creature, Nagrundi has 15 foot reach. Its also very clear he has two bite attacks (two heads), and two claw attacks.

Action-

Even lying prone and with numerous wounds, its clear Nagrundi is healing rapidly, even by a Troll's standards...

Lesseon learnt for future generations of Paladins- never leave home without Hero's Defiance prepared...


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Lesseon learnt for future generations of Paladins- never leave home without Hero's Defiance prepared...

QFT! My paladin in Legacy of Fire can testify to this with some conviction. I'm about to head to bed, and since Fenna's action is unlikely to affect mine, I'm posting now.

Determined to neutralize the deadly giant before it can do more harm, Casimir grasps his blade tightly and swings at the prone giant with all his might.

Two-handed pwr att w/flank, bless and Inspire - no Arcane Strike:
Attack roll 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage roll 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14

Active effects:
Shield of Faith - ends round 62
Bless - ends round ?
Inspire Courage +1/+1 - 9 rounds of 13 used

AC 27, 24/46 hp.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Fenna inhales a long breath through her teeth as Malthir falls, and with a glance between the still thrashing giant and the trio warriors surrounding it, she waits...

Delay until after Kip.


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev, having regained a little of his normal color, once again strikes at the prone giant, a defiant half-scream, half-snarl on his lips.

Attack: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (2, 6) + 21 = 29

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (6, 5) + 21 = 32

---

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (4, 1) + 21 = 26

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 21 ⇒ (5, 8) + 21 = 34

Like a boss! HP: 15/53


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Ricter kicks the bloodied remains of the trollhound out of the way and adds his own attacks to Kalev's devestating blows. Full round attack.

Flail Power Attack +4 (prone) +1 (Inspire) +1 (Bless) +2 (Smite) +2 (Flank): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39

Damage +1 (inspire) +1 (smite): 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Flail Power Attack +4 (prone) +1 (Inspire) +1 (Bless) +2 (Smite) +2 (Flank) -5 (Interative): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Damage +1 (inspire) +1 (smite): 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


Your Humble Narrator

Blows rain down upon the fallen giant, each of the Guardians attacking him bearing his own wounds while Malthir lies bleeding out on the grass nearby. Casimir cuts open one of the beasts throats, Kalev carves huge, brutal slashes into his body and Ricter finally finishes the battle by swinging his flail into both heads, one after another. A sickening crunch and a final, roaring howl of pain heralds Nagrundi's descent into unconciousness, with death surely soon to follow...

Yes i'm hand waiving the final Trollhound, its not worth extra game time.

1,200XP for all!


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

As soon as the last trollhound drops, Casimr quickly grabs some oil and douses all the bodies with it before using his spark cantrip to ignite it. He then grabs his horn and lets a triumphant fanfare announce to the world that the Guardians are victorious.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

You check the Baron and your almost suprised he is still alive...beneath some partially ruined armor you can see ribs, intestines, and general gore. He is not the smartest man, but he can sure take some punishment.

Assumes he gets at least a wand charge to get him conscious...unable to stand for a moment, Fenna, can you heal me? I can't move quite yet. We must move quickly back to the castle now that the giant is defeated.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Indeed," Fenna says, between prayers for healing, "this is not over yet."

How many charges of the CLW wand are left? Fenna can cast some of her own, while Casimir uses the wand to save time.
3 CLWs for Malthir 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (8, 8, 5) + 15 = 36
2 CLWs for Kalev 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir's wand has 9 charges left.

Once he is satisfied that all enemies are good and dead, Casimir pulls out his wand of healing and spends the remaining few charges on himself and his companions while they make their way back to their mounts.

Hp status after Fenna's heal, before wand healing:
Casimir: 22 down
Ricter: 13 down
Malthir: 25 down
Kalev: 19 down

Wand healing:
CLW - Casimir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW - Casimir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW - Casimir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW - Ricter 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW - Ricter 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW - Malthir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW - Malthir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW - Malthir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW - Malthir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As he spends the final charge, Casimir discards the now non-magical stick.

Hp status after Fenna's heal, before wand healing:
Casimir: 1 down
Ricter: 2 down
Malthir: 2 down
Kalev: 19 down


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Seeing Kalev's still bleeding wounds, Fenna calls upon some more healing for him.

Cure moderate wounds - Kalev 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11
Cure light wounds - Kalev 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Sorry, busy weekend. Kip also has a wand of CLW available for use if you wish to save some spells. Go ahead and roll them and I'll mark them off. I'll post more later... sorry again. :/


Male Taldan Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 5/ Hellknight 3 HP:81/81 AC:28 F:+11, R:+6, W:+8, CMD:25*, P:+10, I:+2, AOO:+16

Ricter nods his thanks to Casimir as the healing charges are applied. He then peers at the outskirts of Swordhaven, looking for signs of further enemies blocking the streets - and trying to see if the castle's flag yet flies.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Halfling 8th level Fey Bloodline Sorcerer
Stats:
Init +6 Perception +4 AC 20 Tch 14 FF 18 HP 62 Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +8 Spd 20' CMB +2 CMD 14 Acro+4 Bluff+11 Climb-1 Diplo+6 Disg+16 Esc+2 Fly+10 Know (Arca+6 Loc+7 Nat+7) Sense+0 Spellcraft+13 Stealth+14 Use Magic+12 Swim-1

Kip hurries over and joins the rest of the Guardians as they gather around the fallen form of the gigantic troll.

Well done Guardians! I am glad everyone has survived. It was touch and go there for a moment wasn't it? While the final result is in our favor, it could have gone a little better don't you think? Perhaps next time you don't all go charging in before I get a chance to soften them up? Kip grins sheepishly. I'm not sure I can stand to see you two taken to the brink of death like that too many more times! Kip winks at Kalev and Malthir.

Kip claps Cas on the back adding, I must say, from one caster to another, nicely done sir! I wasn't sure something that big could be brought down like that! Something for me to keep in mind for the future!

Spying the ring and amulet Kip inquires, Shall we collect the spoils?

Noticing the furtive glances towards the castle, Kip remarks, Perhaps later. Best we hurry back and help those valiant men upon the battlements.

As they make their way to their mounts, Kip offers to pass his wand of healing to Cas to carry. Kip makes sure to retrieve his dropped wand and to reload the two of them in his wrist sheathes. He decides to keep his walking stick in hand for now...

XP logged. New total is 32732.


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev sits down heavily, Cleft discarded to one side, fatigued and hurt from the fight.

That was...a bit...too close for comfort. Still...I'm glad you are still all alive. I...had my doubts for a second, but Erastil was with us.

After being healed of his wounds, Kalev stands again, feeling much refreshed. Sadly, I fear the worst is not over yet, and the longer we wait here, the more people will die in our town.


Your Humble Narrator

Kip, while the mass of healing and troll burning is going on you have time to look at the ring and amulet and identify them. Assuming take 10 on spellcraft to identify as usual.

Kip scrutinises the amulet and ring, pried from Nagrundi's smouldering, charred corpse. Both are made of finely worked steel but are simple in nature. He is able to determine they are both protective enchantments.

Amulet of Natural Armour +1
Ring of Protection +1

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,585 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.