Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"We are essentially pawns in a larger game - what we have to find out is who it is that are making the moves, and what we can do to become masters of our own destiny."

Spymaster Casimir, Aldori Duellist & Statkari


301 to 350 of 4,585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Your Humble Narrator

Her eyes twinkling with pride as you tuck into the stew, the Beldame answers...

Not personal trouble as such... merely having trouble getting at some precious alchemical ingredients my dear boy... Across the Tuskwater to the south-east, on the other side there lies a mud bowl, situated between several small hills. The air around it is somewhat noxious, but amid the various fungi and growth in the mud pit grow a sturdy breed of black mushrooms- eight inches tall. They grow on the northern side if I recall. I'll pay you a large sum of gold for every intact mushroom you bring me children- how does a hundred and ten gold pieces per head sound?


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir lets Malthir do the talking, since he obviously has the woman charmed.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Lady Beldame, I have a counter proposal for you although your offer is generous, you see we have a lesser need for gold than we do for magical items. You said you once enchanted magical items? We have mundane items we would like enchanted. In return I would like to promise you three things; first, we will supply you with as many of these mushrooms as we can gather at no charge in one visit. Second, we promise you the ability to sell any of your wares in the city of SwordHaven tax free for the next 2 years! There are already over 5000 souls living there and the market will certainly get bigger. Third, a promise from the rulers of Kardas that this property is yours for 100 paces in all directions as well as our protection when the surrounding lands fall under our guidance.
For all of this we want just a few weeks of your time and we will supply all of the materials. One item of lesser enchantment for each of us. What do you say to our offer?

Basically I am asking her to enchant an item of 4000gp sale value or lesser for each person. Not sure of what items she can enchant although it sounded like arms/armor and wondrous from what you said. We pay the 1/2 price costs or any other material costs.


Your Humble Narrator

The Old Beldame chuckles in genuine mirth.

I have no need or desire to make coin in your city young warrior, and your taxes do not concern me. If you wish me to enchant for you I am happy to do so- but at full cost. How about this... for a guarantee that my swamp will be given a wide berth, i'll give you a hundred and twenty five gold pieces per mushroom. I imagine there are a score or so of them- I doubt you'll find more than twenty.

The old witch cackles a little before adding to her offer.

Oh yes- and I won't turn you all into frogs for good measure...


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

The Old Beldame chuckles in genuine mirth.

I have no need or desire to make coin in your city young warrior, and your taxes do not concern me. If you wish me to enchant for you I am happy to do so- but at full cost. How about this... for a guarantee that my swamp will be given a wide berth, i'll give you a hundred and twenty five gold pieces per mushroom. I imagine there are a score or so of them- I doubt you'll find more than twenty.

The old witch cackles a little before adding to her offer.

Oh yes- and I won't turn you all into frogs for good measure...

All right, throw in the stew recipe for Ilya and you have a deal... You drive a hard bargain Lady Beldame, we won't be back right away but as soon as we go though that area we will get your mushrooms.


Your Humble Narrator

The Old Beldame scribbles the recipe for her vegetable stew down for Ilya. The deal struck, you continue to make small talk until you are ready to leave... Just as you are leaving, the Old Beldame snaps her fingers as though remembering something.

Oh yes dearies I almost forgot... Theres some kind of large plant in the mud bowl too. If you have to fight it, try and make it quick... I wouldn't want the mushrooms destroyed.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Okay folks, West into the woods or Southwest to the Lizard folk from here? If we can befriend them, they might make excellent allies? If not it might be good to remove a potential threat.
BTW you guys jump in whenever you feel like it, I don't want to run away with all of the RP. Just as a warning, I am working 10 days for the rest of the year, so I will probably have extra time to post. I know I don't post enough as it is... :)


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

How about clearing the hex by the lake, so the fishermen can work in peace - then we can go look for mushrooms afterwards.


Your Humble Narrator
Casimir wrote:
How about clearing the hex by the lake, so the fishermen can work in peace - then we can go look for mushrooms afterwards.

You could make it back to Swordhaven by nightfall and then head out to the fisherman's secret fishing hole the next morning- its the hex directly south-east of Swordhaven. Sound like a plan team?


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Sounds good to me.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

The Old Beldame scribbles the recipe for her vegetable stew down for Ilya. The deal struck, you continue to make small talk until you are ready to leave... Just as you are leaving, the Old Beldame snaps her fingers as though remembering something.

Oh yes dearies I almost forgot... Theres some kind of large plant in the mud bowl too. If you have to fight it, try and make it quick... I wouldn't want the mushrooms destroyed.

Malthis suddenly picks up on what she says.

What kind of plant creature lady? Is it a Shambler? We have met one of those terrible creatures before.

SE is fine with me as well we could clear those two things. It wouldn't hurt to scout out the eastern hex as well if we do that. Fenna, your choice as our guide and councilor.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

SE then E sounds good, so we know what surrounds the capital.


Your Humble Narrator
Malthir Al Dagon wrote:


Malthis suddenly picks up on what she says.
What kind of plant creature lady? Is it a Shambler? We have met one of those terrible creatures before.

Oh no, its something much bigger. Some kind of massive pod with tentacles. Best of luck dearies- i'm going to go harvest herbs...

Her piece said, the Old Beldame turns into a Raven and flies off towards the north-west.


Your Humble Narrator

1d100 ⇒ 73

You make it safely back to Swordhaven, where servants have just finished serving dinner in the castle. Your fellow councillors invite you to dine with them.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 1 -- HP 10 : AC 19 CMD 13 TAC 12 FAC 17 : sickle+1; 1d6+1 :: F+3 R+2 W+6 : INIT+2 Perc+7 CMB+1
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
The Old Beldame scribbles the recipe for her vegetable stew down for Ilya.

Ilya tucks folded piece of paper into a pocket of his coat, he puts on his best I-don't-want-to-but-I'm-smiling-anyway smile. "Thank you, ever so much. I'm sure this will be of great use in the future."

Back home, he unfolds the paper and writes in the margin, "Give to future Kardas Orphanage. They are already so sad they won't notice the taste."

Donning his best courtier's outfit, Ilya makes his way to the dinner table and waits for his fellows to join the meal.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Of course," Fenna replies to the invitation to dinner, "I shall join you once I have changed from my traveling clothes."


Your Humble Narrator

You tuck into dinner, with the full council in attendance. Dinner is venison caught in the Narlmarches served with fresh vegetables from the surplus crops on Kardas' farmland. Throughout the small talk and well-wishing in the meal, some of the council members mention things they are keeping tabs on...


I've been hearing more and more rumours of the Stag Lord returning as an undead monstrosity a few dozen miles to the east. The rumours are likely overblown- but there has definitely been some sightings of undead in that area- a few skeletons have been seen walking around with swords in hand. I believe that something is happening there, if not the Stag Lord's return...


I have been seeing to the people's needs in Fenna's abscence. In particular, a pair of distraught parents continually petition our aid. Their son Tyg Tannersen has a hobby of collecting pets from the riverbanks of the Tuskwater- a habit they have done their best as authority figures to stop. However, he snuck away to do it again a few days ago- and never returned. His parents beg for you to look for him in your travels while they prepare themselves for an expedition with some volunteer hunters- they plan to start looking themselves within a couple of weeks.


Still a little uncomfortable speaking on the council, Oleg clears his throat, necks his goblet of wine and speaks up nervously.

The Swordlords have heard wind of a... a dragon of all things... Living in the southern Narlmarches. A green one apparently. They've offered an impressive bounty if its head is taken. I'm worried some of the young men in Swordhaven may decide to try and make their fortune from such a beast...

Oleg looks a little embaressed as he informs you of something else.

And... erm... I've heard reports that gambling rings in the housing districts are taking odd's on who among you will be the next to fall in the Southern Greenbelt... To die, I mean...


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 1 -- HP 10 : AC 19 CMD 13 TAC 12 FAC 17 : sickle+1; 1d6+1 :: F+3 R+2 W+6 : INIT+2 Perc+7 CMB+1
Oleg AKA DM AK wrote:
And... erm... I've heard reports that gambling rings in the housing districts are taking odd's on who among you will be the next to fall in the Southern Greenbelt... To die, I mean...

Ilya looks his way between bites, "Are we collecting taxes on that gambling?" He continues chewing, perhaps oblivious to the macabre nature of the betting.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Quite a morbid subject to bet on," Fenna comments to Oleg's report, "but I suspect it is a harmless exercise. I think we would likely make ourselves look petty should be try to put a stop to it."

"We do plan to head south-east along the Tuskwater on the morrow," she then reassures Jhod, "we will be sure to look for any signs of the boy's passing, and any trouble he may have found himself in."


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Oleg AKA DM AK wrote:
And... erm... I've heard reports that gambling rings in the housing districts are taking odd's on who among you will be the next to fall in the Southern Greenbelt... To die, I mean...

Malthir downs another goblet of wine, you notice that the jug that was before him appears to be empty as he calls out for one of the servant girls.

More wine Kelsie, we are thirsty after a long few days of travel!Well the folk have to entertain themselves you know. These are dangerous times...tomorrow we go to see about the fishermen's issues with their watering holes as well as look into some deadly pod, plant creature just east of that. It's no wonder that Taldor failed to settle these lands, they are thick with Vermin and Evil.
We will bring law and order to these lands and no one or no thing will stand in our way! I have already talked with Kesten and Akiros about recruiting for an army and the plans are under way. Of course it will take some time as there are barracks to build and such. But when we do beware those who try to stand against us!

You think you realize that Malthir might actually be a little tipsy, probably the first time you have ever seen him so.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 1 -- HP 10 : AC 19 CMD 13 TAC 12 FAC 17 : sickle+1; 1d6+1 :: F+3 R+2 W+6 : INIT+2 Perc+7 CMB+1

Ilya looks to Malthir and raises an eyebrow. He leans back in his chair and smiles above his wine glass, "Please, go on, fearless leader. What else will we bring to these lands?"


Vaysh lays his hand on Malthir's and almost immediately he calms down.
Maybe you should retire for the night, it has been a hard week.
Malthir nods his heads and mutters a quick apology before leaving with Vaysh. She returns 15 minutes later alone.

The Baron hasn't had the easiest time dealing with everything in the kingdom and especially Karas. It brought up a lot of old memories and such, I hope you can forgive his outburst? Well I know I, for one, am glad that you are dealing with these threats and good luck tomorrow. I am sure Malthir will be back to his old self with some rest.


Ilya Shukhov wrote:
Oleg AKA DM AK wrote:
And... erm... I've heard reports that gambling rings in the housing districts are taking odd's on who among you will be the next to fall in the Southern Greenbelt... To die, I mean...
Ilya looks his way between bites, "Are we collecting taxes on that gambling?" He continues chewing, perhaps oblivious to the macabre nature of the betting.

Before Fenna and Malthir reply, Oleg answers Ilya somewhat nervously.

Y... Yes Ilya we are actually...

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Sense Motive DC15:

From the way Oleg is nervous around Ilya and avoiding his gaze you surmise that the best odds are on Ilya to perish first.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Oleg AKA DM AK wrote:
Ilya Shukhov wrote:
Oleg AKA DM AK wrote:
And... erm... I've heard reports that gambling rings in the housing districts are taking odd's on who among you will be the next to fall in the Southern Greenbelt... To die, I mean...
Ilya looks his way between bites, "Are we collecting taxes on that gambling?" He continues chewing, perhaps oblivious to the macabre nature of the betting.

Before Fenna and Malthir reply, Oleg answers Ilya somewhat nervously.

Y... Yes Ilya we are actually...

1d20-1

** spoiler omitted **

sense motive adjusted for wine... 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 1 -- HP 10 : AC 19 CMD 13 TAC 12 FAC 17 : sickle+1; 1d6+1 :: F+3 R+2 W+6 : INIT+2 Perc+7 CMB+1

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Oh, I see. I'm not the betting favorite, am I? Well then, I suppose I will have to prove them wrong. What neighborhood did you say this was in? I shall have to go and lay a wager on myself to not die. It should pay off handsomely."


Ilya Shukhov wrote:

Sense Motive 1d20

"Oh, I see. I'm not the betting favorite, am I? Well then, I suppose I will have to prove them wrong. What neighborhood did you say this was in? I shall have to go and lay a wager on myself to not die. It should pay off handsomely."

Oleg turns bright red, scribbles the neighbourhood address on a piece of parchment, passes it to Ilya and then becomes extremely fascinated with the last piece of venison upon his plate.


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

I'll say, I'd like to get in on that wager as well, actually... Kalev says with a grin, before turning more serious. A dragon? That's scary news if they be true...and seldom does a patch of tall grass stand where the cow hasn't shat, as they said in the village I grew up in. But more pressing, I think we should look for this boy. In fact, I'll look for tracks as soon as we are done with this meal.


Your Humble Narrator

Kalev:

Feel free to describe it in role-play, but Kalev won't be finding any tracks nearby that could belong to Tig (i'm assuming hes only looking around Swordhaven and the surrounding area of the city)

Any other business or shall we advance to tomorrow morning?


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev returns several hours later, tired and disappointed.

I don't get it. No tracks of the boy by the Tuskwater. I fear the worst, but won't completely give up yet.

Sitting down, he drains a mug of ale, before going on, these rumours of undead rising...perhaps we should look into that as well. Maybe they are related...after all, two things happening at the same time might not be coincidence...


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Indeed," Fenna nods to Kalev, "if we find no sign of the boy further along the coast of the Tuskwater, then heading to investigate this band of undead would be a logical next step... unless the lizardfolk are somehow involved."


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Any other business or shall we advance to tomorrow morning?

I think we are good to move forward. We should look for his tracks while we scout this hex since the fishing hole is in the same area.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

That morning before the Guardians head out for the day Malthir goes to purchase another potion of enlarge to replace the one he used as well as a potion of expeditious retreat.
enlarge available 1d100 ⇒ 15
expeditious available 1d100 ⇒ 8


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir is his usual pleasant and charming self during dinner, listening attentively to the councilors and entertaining the guests with tales of the recent adventures.

Once dinner is done, though, he retires to spend the remainder of the evening alone with Kressle.

Next morning, he is up and ready to move out with the rest of the Guardians.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Casimir wrote:

Casimir is his usual pleasant and charming self during dinner, listening attentively to the councilors and entertaining the guests with tales of the recent adventures.

Once dinner is done, though, he retires to spend the remainder of the evening alone with Kressle.

Next morning, he is up and ready to move out with the rest of the Guardians.

Is Kressle with child yet? It would seem by this point that she should be :) ok Malthir is just jealous...


Your Humble Narrator

Jace has enough responsibilities with real-life children I think, plus Kressle has a very good fort save ;).

As you ride out the next morning from Swordhaven under a dreary grey sky, a strikingly attractive young woman dressed like a noble moves across the cobblestones to block your path. Pursing her lips and well aware that her generous cleavage is showing, she smiles a sultry smile as she curtsies to the Guardians.

My, my, my... A band of heroes riding out into the Greenbelt... Its enough to make a girl all hot and flustered... she says, her voice like honey.

Knowledge (Local) DC15 or Fenna:

You recognise the girl as Lily Teskerton, a frequent speaker on behalf of the town in the Councillor's liasons with the public. Shes the daughter of a rich merchant who has designs to promote himself from wealthy merchant to noble.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Malthir wouldn't have much to say to her, but if she is basically blocking our way,
Milady, we are attending to important business, may we help you?


Your Humble Narrator

My father tells me that somewhere to the west of Swordhaven lies an abandoned elven outpost... My family are collectors of fine elven crafting... Statues, monoliths, wood carvings. It seems milord is anxious to get going so i'll make this short and simple- the Teskertins will pay top coin for anything of fine elven craftsmanship you might find in the ruins.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
My father tells me that somewhere to the west of Swordhaven lies an abandoned elven outpost... My family are collectors of fine elven crafting... Statues, monoliths, wood carvings. It seems milord is anxious to get going so i'll make this short and simple- the Teskertins will pay top coin for anything of fine elven craftsmanship you might find in the ruins.

Looking back at Ilya to see his reaction, Do you know what these ruins are of in case we run accross them? A town or a tower or such? We will keep your request in mind lady Teskertin. We will be sure to give you the first chance to purchase anything we happen accross that is not of use to the Kingdom. Good day to you milady.

Malthir looks to the other Guardians to see if they have any other questions or comments before moving on.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 1 -- HP 10 : AC 19 CMD 13 TAC 12 FAC 17 : sickle+1; 1d6+1 :: F+3 R+2 W+6 : INIT+2 Perc+7 CMB+1
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
My father tells me that somewhere to the west of Swordhaven lies an abandoned elven outpost... My family are collectors of fine elven crafting... Statues, monoliths, wood carvings. It seems milord is anxious to get going so i'll make this short and simple- the Teskertins will pay top coin for anything of fine elven craftsmanship you might find in the ruins.

Ilya raises an eyebrow. "Fine elven craftsmanship, you say? Then I don't suppose you would be interested in my impeccable chin or sculpted backside." The elven mage stretches on his saddle, "Don't worry, we will certainly take your offer under serious consideration." He gives her a lazy salute and continues to ride forward.


Your Humble Narrator
Ilya Shukhov wrote:


Ilya raises an eyebrow. "Fine elven craftsmanship, you say? Then I don't suppose you would be interested in my impeccable chin or sculpted backside."

Rather than appearing rebuked or abashed by Ilya's comments, Lily grins wickedly at the Elf's words before the Guardians set out.

Milord Statkari cuts a fine figure upon his valiant steed, tis true. Such a slender form, the proud bearing and haunting beauty of an elder race... she says softly as she moves close to Ilya's horse, with a wicked grin and a wink towards Ilya as she brushes her soft hand over Ilya's leg... If it is to be our forms, chins and backsides we are to discuss milord, perhaps you would care to visit our estate upon your return...


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Can we assume that we take some sort of barge from SwordHaven over to the other side of the river? There doesn't appear to be any fords or bidges between the city and the hex to the east rather than ride north and then south a dozen miles each way?

Malthir rides towards the docks before he starts to blush at the young vixen's aggressive pursuit.


HP: 39/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Good morning Miss Teskerton," Fenna nods in greeting to the girl, but makes no further comment as she watches Lily's interaction with Ilya, a faintly amused smile touching the councilor's face.

Malthir Al Dagon wrote:
Can we assume that we take some sort of barge from SwordHaven over to the other side of the river? There doesn't appear to be any fords or bidges between the city and the hex to the east rather than ride north and then south a dozen miles each way?

I think the extra cost for building a road through a hex with a river through it is due to the expense of building several bridges.


Male (HP 44/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Beg your pardon, Milady, Kalev says to the young woman, anxious to get on the trail, but I've got a mighty beast between me legs that craves some freedom...

With that, he rides with the others towards the ford.


Your Humble Narrator
Kalev Lehola wrote:

Beg your pardon, Milady, Kalev says to the young woman, anxious to get on the trail, but I've got a mighty beast between me legs that craves some freedom...

After nodding in acknowledgement to Fenna with a smile, Lily giggles at Kalevs comment before the Guardians ride off to the edge of the city to find passage.

I don't recall you spending extra BP for river hexes (please correct me if i'm wrong), so your limited to the pre-existing bridges and fords that already exist. You can spend BP to 'upgrade' roads to include bridges if you wish, and in future we'll be careful we don't forget to double the cost for river hexes.

1d100 ⇒ 90
1d100 ⇒ 58

Travelling swiftly in a sizeable fisherman's boat, you pay the man and exit on the north side of the area, quickly exploring it and using the same boat to get around the river running through the area. Your exploration takes you to a small cliffside stretch of the Tuskwater shoreline, seemingly unpassable by sheer, overgrown thickets of stinging nettles. Fenna manages to spot a well-hidden trail leading down the cliff safely through the thorns, leading to a beautiful and secluded pool, its diameter about 50 feet. This must be the fisherman's 'secret fishing spot' that was mentioned to you- although initially you see no sign of the 'massive turtle' that drove said fisherman away from the pool.

DM Only:

Group Survival Rolls

Kalev-1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 (+2 when tracking, favoured terrain)
Fenna- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 (+11 at night, +6 at day)
Malthir-1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Ilya-1d20 ⇒ 7
Casimir-1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


hp 48/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Mushrooms, elven artifacts and the head of a winter wolf - even though we rule these lands, sometimes it feels more like we are errand boys. Casimir mutters as the Guardians ride towards the docks.


Your Humble Narrator

Note- The fishermen weren't keen on hanging around at night, so you'll have to make your way back by land...


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
Casimir wrote:
Mushrooms, elven artifacts and the head of a winter wolf - even though we rule these lands, sometimes it feels more like we are errand boys. Casimir mutters as the Guardians ride towards the docks.

I know what you mean Cas, I just figure since we are going to have to explore the area anyways it doesn't hurt to grab some of these things to help better prepare us for other dangers in the kingdom.

After they spot the pool, but before they get too close,
Well Fenna, do you have something you can summon on the shore or in the waters shallows as bait to bring out this beast that the fisherman say has moved into this pool? If we are going to kill it though we probably need to stop it from escaping. Ilya/Fenna, as soon as you see the beast we probably want to try and disable or stun the creature if possible so it can't escape while we try to rid the tuskwater of it.
Any other thoughts or plans come to mind?

301 to 350 of 4,585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.