Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Alexander Kilcoyne

"We are essentially pawns in a larger game - what we have to find out is who it is that are making the moves, and what we can do to become masters of our own destiny."

Spymaster Casimir, Aldori Duellist & Statkari


101 to 150 of 4,585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Your Humble Narrator

I think everyone has a good enough idea of where they are and what they are doing not to need another map update.

Kalev's axe screeches off Karas' breastplate, the half-orc's axe just barely held in check by the armour.

Bad luck- AC21!

Ilya is up, and then Fenna.


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

I was prompted to post for Ilya, but I was waiting for a round summary. :P

Ilya carefully aims and fires his longbow at Karas...

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

...and misses.


Your Humble Narrator
Ilya Shukhov wrote:

I was prompted to post for Ilya, but I was waiting for a round summary. :P

Sorry, DM is doing assignment in the background ;). I was thinking magic missile but yup thats a miss :P.

Seeing that the longbow is no longer pointing at him, the trapper quickly tries to break free and make his escape.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Unfortunately, the webbing holds firm...

Just Fenna and then its time to hurt Malthir...


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:


Seeing that the longbow is no longer pointing at him, the trapper quickly tries to break free and make his escape.

... Oh, it is on.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

"Please, I ask that you bolster this unfortunate so he might stave off his demise until we are able to lend him our own aid." Fenna prays in Azlanti, waving her empty aspergillum in the direction of the unmoving gnome as though to sprinkle blessed water.

The once-priestess of Aroden then turns her gaze to Karas, and urges her mount towards him.

stabilise on the gnome, and move to F-4


Your Humble Narrator

Fenna:

Your spell had no effect- it seems the Gnome had already been killed before you arrived...

Karas lunges for Malthir in two heavy swings and for Kalev in another, his dual blades working to bolster his defence while he overstretches his reach to strike at the giant... He only manages to strike Malthir once and his blow against Kalev is stopped by Fenna's protective magic.

Attack 1 (Malthir)-
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Miss
1d8 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 15 + (3, 5) = 31 Damage to Malthir
1d6 ⇒ 2 Damage to Karas

Attack 2 (offhand, Malthir)-
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 Hit
1d8 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Damage to Malthir

Attack 3 (Main hand, Kalev)-
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Miss
1d8 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 Damage to Kalev
1d6 ⇒ 2 Damage to Karas

Man, Malthir give the DM dice back :(. Malthir, Casimir, Kalev are up.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Taking advantage of his magically improved movement, Casimir darts through the underbush around Karev and into a flanking position. Grabbing his magical blade with both hands, he lets swing with all his might.

Two-handed pwr att + Arcane Strike:
Attack roll 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
Damage roll 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Round 5 Action
Swift Action to Lay on Hands on myself 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8
Assuming Karas is still alive I attack. I should have the flank with Casimir.

The soft hue of Iomedae's touch comes over Malthir as part of his wound is healed.
Well Karas, it is time to end this, why you came for revenge in this manner I will never understand but my vengence upon you shall be swift!
enlarged +1 longsword smite pwr atk 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 19 dam 2d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + 1 = 20

Well that wasn't real impressive, I hope that with the lunge penalty I still hit...


Your Humble Narrator

His blades whirling furiously, Karas deflects Malthir's sword enough so that the blow glances off his breastplate, wincing as Casimir takes advantage of the distraction to stab him in the back. Staggering slightly, the hulking man stares at Malthir with pure hatred in his eyes.

The expedition should have been mine!. Not your cowardly brother, and certainly not the runt of the litter! I lost everything, I was disgraced by the Swordlords... Surtova pays handsomely for your death, and it shall be so!

Just Kalev left to act then i'll put up a round summary/map update.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Hurting from his wound, Kalev summons his last strength, swinging at Karas with a blow that would fell a tree. Sadly, his opponent is more mobile than most trees, so the attack is far off its mark.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 21


Your Humble Narrator

Round 6

Ordered Initiative-

Ilya- 23
Trapper- 22
Fenna- 20
Karas- 17
Malthir- 16
Casimir- 14
Kalev- 5

Note- Casimir and Malthir have flanking, Kalev does not.

Map-Link


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Ilya nocks another arrow to his longbow and takes aim at the Trapper.

Trapper is grappled and takes -4 penalty to Dexterity (-2 AC).

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Unless the trapper does something extremely odd:

Fenna urges Dandelion forward to bite at the jealousy-twisted duelist, while swinging her own weapon in an attempt to distract him from Kalev's attacks.

Move to F-6 to flank with Kalev.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8, 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Aid Another: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Ever the fool, Karas. You are a dead man, you are just to blind to see it. It gives me great pleasure to help bring your arrogant ass low.


Your Humble Narrator

Unwilling to compromise his defence by lunging for Malthir again, Karas whirls around snarling at the insult and focuses his attacks on Casimir, quickstepping to also strike at Kalev with an off-hand attack. He whispers something to his sword, and it seems to strike with less potency, but also seems to no longer harm Karas to wield it. Despite the fury and strength behind the blows, only Kalev is struck.

Attack 1 (Casimir)-
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 Damage to Casimir

Attack 2 (offhand, Kalev)-
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 Damage to Kalev

Attack 3 (Casimir)-
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Damage to Casimir


Your Humble Narrator

Grunting in pain from the arrow Ilya shoots at him, the trapper continues to try and break free in vain...

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Ye gods dice...


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Round 6 Action

Again, Iomedae's tender mercies wash over malthir further healing his wounds. Wanting to end the fight quickly and hoping that Karas is near death, Malthir focus' on hitting him vs. killing him outright with one massive blow.

Swift action heal myself Lay on Hands 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 1 = 13
No power attack enlarged +1 longsword smite atk 1d20 + 13 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 21 dam 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 + 1 = 16

Karas, you have no one to blame but yourself. You know deep down that the fault is yours, that is why you wish to end your life hear, now with your foolish attack. I pity you...

The dice gods have officially left this combat...


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Furious at the failure of the Guardians to bring down this deadly foe despite having him surrounded, Casimir strikes with all his might - and misses badly.

Two-handed pwr att + Arcane Strike:
Attack roll 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 = 15
Damage roll 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Over to Kalev - I just hope we have used up all the low rolls by now.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev, only held up by pure anger and adrenaline, thanks to his Orcish blood, takes one last deliberate swing at his elusive opponent, praying to Erastil for guidance.

Attack (Flanking, Guidance, Aid from Fenna, Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 33
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 6 = 21

Kalev barely feels the axe strike his target, before everything turns black and he falls to the ground, severely wounded.


Your Humble Narrator

Kalev's axe swings and cuts Karas in half just below the breastplate armour. The arrogance on his face is replaced by indignant horror as his upper half slides away from his lower half. Karas' death is instantaneous from the shock of the blow. Kalev lies near death, bleeding from a pair of brutal wounds.

The trapper, sick of being unable to escape the webbing- collapses and awaits his fate, hoping for the promised mercy Ilya spoke of.


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Ilya gets a slightly queasy look on his face as Karas falls to the ground. With a shaky laugh he calls out, "Looks like Karas couldn't hold his temper and... went all to pieces. I have this belligerent covered, could someone please heal Kalev? It wouldn't be very good for public relations if the people thought their government could violently die at a moment's notice. Once he is patched up we can take care of this one over here."

...(after Kalev is healed)...

Ilya turns to the trapper, lips pressed tighly in annoyance. "We have a problem. Problems are meant to be solved and I usually relish the chance to impose my own small share of order on the universe, but some problems are more difficult than others. Like people-problems." Ilya is talking with his hands as he converses, a trait picked up from his merchant background. "People-problems can be tricky, hairy, sensitive things. They have many possible avenues of approach and many possible outcomes. The range of options, however, is narrowed considerably depending on the power differential between the two parties."

He motions to the webbing containing the trapper, "Like right now. I offered peaceable surrender, to which you agreed through compliance until my back was turned. You do know that you are within the territorial interests of the nation of Kardas right now, don't you? This is not simply a matter of highway banditry, you have attempted to take the life of government officials, not to mention the sovereign monarch. That is an act of war."

Shaking his head, Ilya clucks his tongue and sighs, "But I suppose you only half-broke our agreement. Which is why I will spare your life." He folds his hands together behind his back, "You are free to go, but only when you no longer bear a stitch or scrap of clothing or equipment on your person. You may leave when you are as naked as the day you were born." The elven mage draws a wand from his belt and points it directly at the trapper. "Or you will be executed. The choice is yours."


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Casimir, please help Ilya secure the trapper, Fenna and I have Kalev under control. drop sword, free action, standard action on Kalev Inheritor, grant thy boon to heal this soul! Lay on Hands 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 1 = 9 . While I am down there, move action to pick back up my sword.

If we drop out of combat I will move next round to secure the other slaver, knocked unconscious by Fenna's magic.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Ilya, I would prefer to capture one or more of them alive to question and then hang. Remember what they did to the Gnome's, there should be no walking away from this today! he says with a little bit of irritation in his voice at hearing the offer of letting one of the men that just attacked them go free.

A few minutes later assuming we have secured the prisoner's he stands by Karas' body pondering as Casimir walks up.
"He was no doubt a deadly opponent Cas. I can see why he would defeat almost all men who would come against him alone. What a waste of talent. The evil that fester's in men's souls can consume them if they let it. Now these poor Gnomes are dead. Maybe we can find out who they were and what they were doing here. They died in a senseless plot to kill us.
Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it, all of this pain people seem to want to inflict, often because of us..."

We will take their equipment, detect magic on it all, and then scout the area to try and find their camp or any alive Gnomes in the area.


Your Humble Narrator

Your out of initiative.

The trapper quickly begins stripping off, but when Malthir speaks of questioning he sighs heavily, glances at Ilya and opens his mouth. The mans tongue has been cut out. He continues to strip off his equipment, hoping to be allowed to walk free.

The surviving slaver is secured, regaining conciousness but still blinded and suffering the other effects of colour spray. The remaining Gnomes are found nearby, collateral damage to Karas' evil. They have been slaughtered to a man, their purpose in disguising the ambush as a slaver attack fulfilled.

Magic-
Karas' two-bladed sword (both ends, stronger aura on the main end)
Karas' breastplate
Karas' magical cloak
Karas' magic potion
Karas' magic potion #2
Two whip feather tokens

Masterwork Equipment-
x2 Guisarme.
x3 Studded Leather
x2 Sap
Battleaxe
Composite Longbow +1 Str rating
Trapmaking Tools (Artisans tools re-fluffed)

On Karas' possession you also find two empty vials of liquid, along with two vials of clear blue liquid. The empty vials have a small label- Victory or Death


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir lays his hand on the shoulder of the Paladin.

He was indeed mighty, but he failed to understand that no man is so strong that he does not need friends at his side. This is why you stand here today, as Baron of Kardas, and he lies dead in his own blood. His arrogance and pride became his downfall.

And have no doubt. We are building a better land - a better future! A place where no man will have to fear the likes of Karas.

Grasping the surviving slaver, he hoists the man upright and waits a moment for effects of Fenna's spell to clear.

Listen up, scum. Count yourself lucky you are still breathing. Whether or not that continues to be the case depends entirely on how willingly you answer our questions. Now, are you all of Karas band, or does he have more men somewhere? And who were these gnomes and why did you slaughter them like this?

Intimidate 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Your Humble Narrator
Casimir wrote:


Listen up, scum. Count yourself lucky you are still breathing. Whether or not that continues to be the case depends entirely on how willingly you answer our questions. Now, are you all of Karas band, or does he have more men somewhere? And who were these gnomes and why did you slaughter them like this?

The man bows his head in submission and speaks with an Issian accent.

Easy, easy I was just following orders... Karas killed them all. E' wanted to lure you and yer fellows out here and into the pit the hostage dug. E' said they'd served their purpose once we got 'ere and cut them to ribbons. Karas had two more loyal soldiers of Brevoy like ourselves, but we dunno where. Said something to them about keeping that berk loyal and sent them north...


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Casimir wrote:


Listen up, scum. Count yourself lucky you are still breathing. Whether or not that continues to be the case depends entirely on how willingly you answer our questions. Now, are you all of Karas band, or does he have more men somewhere? And who were these gnomes and why did you slaughter them like this?

The man bows his head in submission and speaks with an Issian accent.

Easy, easy I was just following orders... Karas killed them all. E' wanted to lure you and yer fellows out here and into the pit the hostage dug. E' said they'd served their purpose once we got 'ere and cut them to ribbons. Karas had two more loyal soldiers of Brevoy like ourselves, but we dunno where. Said something to them about keeping that berk loyal and sent them north...

Malthir looks at the man skeptically , sense motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

It seems he is telling the truth...
What berk are you referring too? When did he send them north?


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

After he is done dealing with the slaver, Casimir helps the others figure out what the magical items are.

Magic - Spellcraft check
Karas' two-bladed sword (both ends, stronger aura on the main end)- Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Karas' breastplate - Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Karas' magical cloak - Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Karas' magic potion - Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Karas' magic potion #2 - Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:


Said something to them about keeping that berk loyal and sent them north...

What berk? Do you know more of who this was he was talking about?

Oh, and now that I actually have ranks in Sense Motive, I guess I'd better use them.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Anything that you don't identify Fenna and Ilya can also try and then we can also cast identify tomorrow if there is anything we don't know.


Your Humble Narrator

Breastplate- +1 Light Fortification.

Cloak- Cloak of Resistance +1.

When you ask what berk hes referring to, he gestures with his head towards the half naked trapper.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

Does the tongue look like it was removed recently? We ask the slaver about the trapper and what his role was in this. We will then ask the trapper if he knows how to write, if so to write down what he knows and how he is involved in this.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

A suspicion begins to dawn in the back of Casimir's mind. He turns to you the trapper.

Stop undressing for a moment. Did these men threaten your family to make you help them? If so, we may be able to help you save them if you take us there.


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Ilya defers to his king and goes to examine the collected gear. He grumbles a bit, muttering to himself something about 'my prisoner.' His disappointment is soon lost as he busies himself examining the equipment.

Sword
Appraise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Breastplate
Appraise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Cloak
Appraise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Potion 1
Appraise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Potion 2
Appraise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Pretty lackluster rolls.


Your Humble Narrator

Sword-?

Potions- Cure Moderate, Cure Serious.

With those appraise rolls you can assume to have the exact price of everything with the PRD or D20.

The trapper nods vigorously, opening his mouth once more. His tongue has recently been severed. When asked if he can write, he shakes his head sadly.

Meanwhile, the slaver begins to talk-

My role in this? I'm an elite soldier of Brevoy, on loan to Karas for his mission. He dressed us up in slaver gear and armour. My service is strictly no-questions-asked. Now, I would be willing...

The man stops mid sentence, clutching his throat. He begins to scream in agony, and before the Guardians can react he falls over, dead.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

As the others tend to the prisoners, Fenna looks over Kalev's terrible wounds with a narrowed gaze. "May the Immortal Son lend his just aid in reversing the vile deeds of this fiend, and restore our noble friend to health."

Cure moderate wounds 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8) + 4 = 18
and cure light wounds1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As the Marshal of Kardas regains his consciousness, Fenna looks him over once more, "Karas' blows were extremely vicious, fueled by his hatred and anger towards Malthir. It was brave of you to divert them from their intended victim, but in future it might be best to find a way of doing so which doesn't involve quite so much of your own blood."


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Casimir looks at the dead man before him, then at the vials taken off Karas.

Victory or death, hmmm. I'll wager these blue vials contain the antidote to whatever poison killed this man. I guess Karas had his own way of ensuring the loyalty of his men.

Now, what to do with this man and his family? If Karas has two men at their home, their lives are in grave danger. I say we pack up and ride as soon as all wounds are healed. We can strip these three and dump them in this hole that have been so conveniently provided for us.


Male Aasimar (Archon) Ranger (Skirmisher, Urban) 1 -- HP 12 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+2 R+6 W+0 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4
DM Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:

Sword-?

Ilya will prepare and cast identify tomorrow.


HP: 51/60 AC: 22, T:13, FF:21, CMD:16. Fort:+5, Ref:+5, Will:+8(+7). Per:+14, Init:+0, AoO:+8

Once satisfied that Kalev is well, Fenna takes a look at the weapon which caused his wounds.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1
Fenna Thistleswade wrote:

As the others tend to the prisoners, Fenna looks over Kalev's terrible wounds with a narrowed gaze. "May the Immortal Son lend his just aid in reversing the vile deeds of this fiend, and restore our noble friend to health."

Cure moderate wounds 2d8+4
and cure light wounds1d8+4

As the Marshal of Kardas regains his consciousness, Fenna looks him over once more, "Karas' blows were extremely vicious, fueled by his hatred and anger towards Malthir. It was brave of you to divert them from their intended victim, but in future it might be best to find a way of doing so which doesn't involve quite so much of your own blood."

Kalev slowly gets to his feet, still aching from the deep wounds, though the healing magic has already done much. Anything for my king, he says with a friendly mocking wink towards Malthir. Erastil knows he can't take the punishment, so someone had to do it.

Kalev cleans his axe of blood then walks over to the now dead soldier and kicks him with one worn leather boot. I'm sad this one died. He deserved a more severe form of punishment for helping in a plot against Kardas and killing innocent people. I hope we can take some of his companions alive so as to send a clear signal that we will not tolerate such acts of terror. If you give me a few moments, I should be ready to press on.


Your Humble Narrator

800XP each.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Upon still seeing deep wounds on Kalev, Casimir produces the wand of healing and uses it to stem the flow of blood.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Malthir, are you good?


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev turns to the mute hunter, Is your home far away, good man? How many hours walk? Kalev holds up a hand to show he should tell with his fingers. To the other Guardians he adds, I think we should press on towards this man's home. If it takes too long, we risk the soldiers become worried which could lead them to take drastic actions.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Before putting away the wand, Casimir also uses it to heal the injuries from Ilya's arrow on the trapper.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Put your clothes and armor back on. You will get the chance to stand with us and save your family. Now, did these men have a camp nearby, with horses perhaps? If so, you can mount up too and make the journey quicker.


Your Humble Narrator

The trapper shakes his head at the question, and gestures towards the north-east. Its likely he lives in one of Kardas' many villages. When asked how many miles, he puts both hands in the air, all fingers and thumbs. The mans eyes well up in tears of gratitude as his wound is healed.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

We have a great way to travel, it seems. Best get moving as soon as possible.

Kalev, you may want to put Karas armor to good use. After all, your current one didn't do a very good job.

We don't have any spare horses with us, right? Did the gnomes' wagon have live horses with it? If so, we can go back and get them. Otherwise, the trapper can ride with me. With my new, lighter equipment, Shadow should be able to carry us both.


Male (HP 69/71, AC- 23 T- 15 FF- 18 CMD- 28, F +11, R +10, W +6, P +15*, In +3*, AOO +17) Half-orc Ranger (Guide) 7/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Kalev puts on the looted armor (with a little help from Malthir, who is more familiar with heavier armors) and makes sure he has all his gear before saddling up for the ride.

When we get close to your home, I suggest we use stealth and guile to approach, so as not to alarm the soldiers.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

That would be wise. Any rash actions from our side could spell certain death for the hostages. We must see if we can get a look at the situation and plan accordingly.


Duke of Kardas, First Sword of Iomedae HP:76 AC:27 F:+14, R:+8, W:+12 CMD:23/24 P:-1 Init:+0 AOO:+16

I am fine Cas, Iomedae healed all of my wounds. It is a pity the soldier escaped our justice, I wanted him to be an example for those who stand againast us. Yes let us press on to this man's house as soon as we can. How many hours headstart do they have? Malthir asks the trapper pointing to his fingers again.

We could do one of two things, Ilya do you still have that invisibility spell left? If so we send in either Fenna invisible to use her color magic on them to try and render them unconscious or we send in Kalev invisible to keep them busy while we charge in. Any thoughts? Fenna could end a battle very quickly but she doesn't have near the defenses that Kalev does.


hp 60/66, AC 26/17/20, CMD 23/24, F: +8, R: +11, W: +7, init: +5, per: +10 Human Bard 6/Fighter 2

Remember that I also have a spell that can turn me or one of you invisible, yet only for a brief time (4 rounds). So several of us can approach unseen, if there is quick and easy access to the soldiers and their captives. But let us not waste time planning now. Much will depend on what we see when we get there.

101 to 150 of 4,585 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Alexander Kilcoyne's Kingmaker PBP- Chapter 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.