Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DDEX 1-9: Outlaws of the Iron Route (5e Adventurer's League)

Game Master bookrat

An adventure for 1st through 4th levels.
Handout 1 - Wanted Poster
Handout 2 - Map of Phlan Region
Handout 3 - King's Pyre (numbered version)
Handout 4 - Order of the Gauntlet Note
Handout 5 - Warning of the Zhentarim

Current Combat Map (combat over)


201 to 250 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

That sounds good. states Rath with a nod, Who here is skilled in unseen movement? I am decent at it, but use it more for setting up a quiet sniper position rather than detailed reconnaissance.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

I am in agreement with the plan. - said the Paladin - Whoever does the reconnaissance, though, it has to be fairly swift, if we want to have time and a chance to try to approach this bandit leader and infiltrate his band.

He looks around.

Unfortunately I don't think I'm quite suited for the stealthy side of our plan, and I believe that if they somehow know about us, then they'd have a hard time believing I'd join them either.


Despite the momentary respite in the fog revealing the reason King's Pyre's namesake, the fog itself is still present along this coastal enclave.

This presents goods and bads. The bad is it makes scouting more difficult. The good is that it keeps you hidden, allowing you to sneak about the area more easily.

Anyone going on the scouting mission, please roll a Dexterity (Stealth) check. We're going to use this check to see how much you learn about the camp. Failure will only result in a lack of knowledge, rather than discovery of your PC. Of more than one person is scouting, we'll average the results to see what you learn as a team.

DC 0:
At Location 1 on the map:A dead human is lashed to a tree near the top of the slope. His white cloak hangs in tatters, and his armor is torn asunder. By his dress, he looks like a cleric. The words “GO HOM” are carved into his bare chest.

Searching the body, you discover a note from Barrowin Undurr, hero of the Order of the Gauntlet. See Handout 4

Rescue the Captives. Reports of human sacrifice have troubled the Order’s upper echelons. Characters belonging to the Order who bring the captives back alive earn one additional renown point.

DC 5:
Mutant Kobolds
Jeralla’s wild magic has warped her kobold minions, afflicting many of them with permanent mutations. Some of the things you see include:
• Body covered in colored, heatless flames • Glowing eyes Extra eyes, or eyes arranged oddly around head
• Vestigial limbs, extra arms, tiny dragonfly-like wings
• Oddly colored scales: bright pink, white, metallic, and so on
• Hovering 2 inches above the ground at all times
• Mane of slithering tentacles
• Shadow that acts independently Fur!
• Transparent scales, revealing organs inside

The Bandits arrived by longboat, and it's still docked near their camp.

DC 8:
What looks like an ogre guards the path leading into the kobold camp, with several kobolds standing around it.

There are two bandits patrolling the cave entrance near the bandit camp.

DC 10:
The kobolds camp has some caged owlbears.

Sahnd Krulek has a man standing guard at his tent at all times.

DC 15:
The above Ogre is a fake effigy meant to scare Intruders.

The stone goblet on the King Stature has oil fumes rising out of it, as if it's been soaked. There's a kobold standing guard next to it.

There's a bandit lookout in the forest near the King's head, with a Zipline going down to a tree above the bandit camp.

DC 18:
The dragonborn sorcerer has her own wagon, when she enters or exits, you can see a treasure chest and a large open book. The door shuts too quickly for you to get a look of anything else.

Sahnd Krulek keeps a treasure chest in his tent, as well as open maps laid out on a table. That's all you can see before the guard blocks your line of sight from your hide spot.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Shoo thinks he's not that bad, and volunteers for scouting.

If no other volunteers, I'll use Inspiration for the roll


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

I already said I'd do it too. grumbles Rath as he and Shoo look to be spending even more time together. Not wanting to appear weak, he puts more effort than he would have otherwise.

Inspired Sneaky sneak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
;_;


Don't forget; everyone got inspiration going into Part 3. You can use that now if you like.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Seeing he's going to have company, even not the best, Shoo relaxes a bit.

Stealth roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

After coming from the scouting expedition, Shoo tells the others all he has seen check spoilers.


Male Human | Fighter 2 | HP 14/20 | AC 16 | Init +0 | Move: 30 | AS 1/1 | SW 1/1. Saves: S+5 D=0(+2 shield master) C+4 I+1 W+1 C=0 | Passive Per 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: Yes

Clyde ponders for a moment on the information gathered. Hmm... I really want to incorporate that zip line somehow. That'd be pretty awesome...

"Any ideas gang?"


Male Goliath Barbarian (Path of the Totem Warrior) 3 | Rages: 1/3 | HP: 20/32 | AC: 14 | Init + 2 | HD: 2/3 | Saves: Str + 5 Con + 4 Dex + 2 Int + 0 Wis + 1 Cha -1 | Perception + 3 Passive: 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: ( ) |

Ragnar, opting to not sneak around, instead keeps watch.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

Shadoo stays with Ragnar, keeping watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

So... What do you think, my friend? - he asks the Goliath.


If no one has any plans, I'll start the next major scene, which is the meeting between the kobold tribe and the bandits. You can also let me know if any plans to interrupt their meeting.

Let's set a 24 hour time limit. If I don't receive any plans by this time tomorrow, I'll move the scene forward.


Male Goliath Barbarian (Path of the Totem Warrior) 3 | Rages: 1/3 | HP: 20/32 | AC: 14 | Init + 2 | HD: 2/3 | Saves: Str + 5 Con + 4 Dex + 2 Int + 0 Wis + 1 Cha -1 | Perception + 3 Passive: 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: ( ) |
Shadoo Mortimer wrote:
So... What do you think, my friend? - he asks the Goliath.

Before or after Rath and Shoo get back?

Before the scouts come back:

Ragnar looks a bit frustrated, even distracted. He is holding his hand over his eyes, as one would do to shade them from the sun, as if it helps at all with fog. When Shadoo asks his thoughts, he lets his hand come down to his side and lets out a sigh.
"I can't make out much in this damned fog. Double edged sword this is. I still think just openly going to the Patriot camp would be the better idea, if you want to hear Krulek's side of all this, that is."
He then shrugs his massive shoulders.
"Guess we'll see what our scouts come up with, we could use this fog to sew a little chaos."
He smiles and sighs again, both wistfully.
"That would be fun."

After the scouts come back:

The goliath ponders a moment on all that the scouts (hopefully) reported back, bringing a hand to his chin, an effort met by the jingling on the chain link on his manacle.
"Well scaley one, that kobold up at the statue is probably guarding a signal fire. Hells, maybe the kobolds really are planning on attacking, and that's the signal to pounce." He chuckles at the thought.
"That would be convenient. Maybe we can get the dour one to shoot a flaming arrow up there, see what happens." he says motioning to "Rath".
"Those caged owlbears could be let loose, that's always fun. Nothing like a handful of loose owlbear to liven up a treaty negotiation," he says chuckling again.
"All that, mixed with the old one making bird sounds, maybe a fire at the Patriot boat, makes enough confusion to make any criminal a might bit violent in an already tense situation."


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

-Okay, guys, I know this will sound ominous, but... what if we manage to steal some arrows and... you know... use them?

If no one strongly oposes, Shoo will try to steal a pair of kobold arrows and a pair of bandit arrows.


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Doesn't sound ominous, sounds effective. However, I know some people wanted to talk to the Gray Pilgrims. Do you want to do this before or after we try and sabotage their talks?


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

-I think we should talk first, if it's happening before their meeting. There's always time to execute plan B if the talkings go South.- After a few seconds, Shoo adds -and to charge murder on another is ominous, even though I understand that desperate times need desperate measures.


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Then I'd say that's what we do next. I'll leave that up to you lot though, I'm not diplomatic. If you want, I can head up toward that zipline in case the guards there think about ambushing you.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

"Da, plan sounds good. I vould like to talk to Sahn"


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

Are there anything on the arrows that actually identify them as belonging to the other group? Otherwise, the ruse would need a little more to be any effective. - says Shadoo, clearly liking the idea, but considering its flaws.


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Rath would have shown Shadoo, and any other order members, the note and tell him where the corpse is for later...


You make your way, as a group, to the outlaw camp, avoid the kobold gang as best you're able.

A circle of tents is pitched near the cliff edge, partially hidden behind rocks and scrub brush. Half a dozen gray-cloaked outlaws mill around the camp, sharpening swords, checking supplies, or practicing archery on straw targets. To the northeast, a lone tent can be glimpsed through the fog. A muscled Tashalan woman paces restlessly through the camp,
her eyes locked on the statue to the west. As she walks, she angrily swishes an axe back and forth.

No one has seen you yet. You can still turn back if you like.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

The old half-elf begins chanting quietly, an all too familiar chant at this point.

casting Thaumaturgy for the voice projection

"I am Sashah, scholar and truth seeker. I vish to speak to Sahnd to hear zhe true story of Phlan," Sashah's voice booms as he steps to the front of the group and holds his empty hands in the air.

Persuasion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


I've been thinking about how I want to set up this scene, because at this point we're off the rails and going into "GM makes it up" territory. Which is great, but it also means I want to retcon something before we move forward.

Retcon: Forced movement as a group to meet with the bandits.

New scenario: Those who want to meet with the bandits may, those who want to hang back may.

Please state whether your PC is going with the group to meet the bandits or if your PC is going to hide out and watch from a distance. If you're staying back, also please state where you would like to hide.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

Meeting bandits, same action


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Staying back, but planning to survey the goings on from up near the zipline down. I think there were guards, so here is a stealth if you need it.

roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human | Fighter 2 | HP 14/20 | AC 16 | Init +0 | Move: 30 | AS 1/1 | SW 1/1. Saves: S+5 D=0(+2 shield master) C+4 I+1 W+1 C=0 | Passive Per 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: Yes

I'll go in with Sashah.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

I'd like to stay behind, as I think that if any bandit already investigated or heard about our group somehow (especially after the prison bit) then it'd be hard to believe a paladin would want to join them. I'd like to be with someone staying behind as well, but I don't believe I'm good at hiding - so probably I wouldn't be able to stay as close as Rath wants to be :X


Male Goliath Barbarian (Path of the Totem Warrior) 3 | Rages: 1/3 | HP: 20/32 | AC: 14 | Init + 2 | HD: 2/3 | Saves: Str + 5 Con + 4 Dex + 2 Int + 0 Wis + 1 Cha -1 | Perception + 3 Passive: 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: ( ) |

I'll go with Sashah as well.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Staying behind, probably accompanying Shadoo. I don''t want the bandits to recognise me in case I need to execute plan B later.


Ok, Rath, Shadoo, and Shoo are staying behind, hiding. Clyde and Ragnar are being led in by Sashah.

Campers:
Sashah let's out his announcement, and the Talashan woman startles. Immediately, all weapons and knocked arrows turn to face the Intruders. Several crow sounds can be heard; presumably an alarm to warn the entire camp of your presence.

The Talashan woman with the axe says, How did you get here? How did you know if this place!

Those Hiding:
As you make your way to the lookout position on the King's shoulder, the guard is nowhere to be found. DC 16 Perception, with disadvantage, to see him.

As you move into the area, you hear a crow call out from nearby.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

Sashah keeps his hands in the air and takes a couple steps forward. "As I said previously, I am scholar and truth seeker. My presence here vas aided by one of your own as ve rescued from prison. In return for life, I asked for location so zhat I might learn truth from Sahnd. Never is man hunted so fervently unless people try to cover information," Sashah says diplomatically adding, "especially vis Banites."


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Rath lurks quietly in the shadows, waiting to see if anything happens regarding the crow call.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Perception, disadv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception, disadv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


This is a weekend push post. Please respond within 48 hours.

At the camp:
The woman looks at you suspiciously, and says, Leave your weapons where they are. Keeps your hands in the air!

Behind her, a man that matches the description of the wanted poster walks towards you. Now, now, there's no need for that. These people paid for the release of Rathene. We should be welcoming them!

Please, come on in. Cone, come, to this rent right over here.

He leads you to the tent that your scouts reported as his own. The military tent is pitched to the north of the main camp. Outside the tent, a seven-foot tall brute stands vigil.

The brute standing outside matches the description of the one who fears the screech owl sound.

A map of the Iron Route is spread over a table inside the tent. Various notations have been inked onto the map, and chess pieces are positioned across its surface. Scrolls, coins, and wax seals clutter the rest of the table. At the rear of the tent, an ornately carved wooden rack sits with a wooden chest upon it. The chest is locked with a heavy padlock.

Now, what is it I can do the the rescuers of one of my people?

The Lookouts:
Shadoo Perceptive​, Dis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Initiative
Rath: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Shadoo: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Shoo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Scout: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Two arrows fire out of the bushes at the same time that Shoo spots exactly where the scout is. Shoo can act this round.

Arrow target: 1d3 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 2 Rath and Shadoo. Advantage vs Rath for attacking from a hidden location. Advantage vs Shadoo is cancelled out due to Shadoo being further away and the fog makes it difficult to see.

Arrow vs Rath, Adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Arrow vs Shadoo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Both arrows fly past their targets.


Male Goliath Barbarian (Path of the Totem Warrior) 3 | Rages: 1/3 | HP: 20/32 | AC: 14 | Init + 2 | HD: 2/3 | Saves: Str + 5 Con + 4 Dex + 2 Int + 0 Wis + 1 Cha -1 | Perception + 3 Passive: 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: ( ) |

Ragnar enters the tent at the back of the group, finds a spot on the floor near the entrance, then takes a knee to fit more comfortably in the tent. He waits for Sashah to speak up, and glances around the tent, hoping to see the necklace Braden mentioned sitting in plain sight.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Shoo sees the enemy just a moment too late, but still he lets an arrow go as a reflex.

Longbow attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Nice... I'll be using Action Surge then, don't want him to run away.

Action Surge: Longbow Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Using Trip Attack, Dmg roll 1d8 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3) = 7 DC 13 Str Save or be knocked down.


Ragnar, you do not see it lying anywhere in plain sight.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

The old half-elf follows and moves into the tent. As Sahnd takes up position next to his table and inquires in his direction, Sashah's eyes quickly dart around studying his new surroundings with detail.

"As I said outside, I am Sashah. I am scholar trying to learn of history of Phlan, but my research reveal little. I am now search for answers to fill hole in gaps. I found vanted poster for man who I heard vas vonce Knight of Black Fist. Honorable knight vould not normally resort to banditry and so suspicion vas piqued. I conclude, knight must know truth and zhat is vat I seek, truth."


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

Can I charge the guy who shoot an arrow at me and attack it with my longsword?


Yes, go ahead. It'll be your next rounds action.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | Divine Sense 4/4 | Breath Weapon 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Damage Resistance: Cold | HP 11/11 | AC 18 | Init +0 | Saves Str +3 Dex +0 Con +1 Int -1 Wis +3 Cha +5 | Passive Perception 11 | Status Normal | Insp 1/1

Shadoo dodges the arrow by a thin chance, and turns his draconic body with doubtful grace - clearly being caught by surprise. Yet, the paladin charges the enemy, pulling his shining blade on a movement of swing against him. Sometimes you have to act; especially when something bigger is at risk.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Not sure if charge adds anything on D&D 5E, like the +2 of Pathfinder
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


At the tent:
Sahnd smiles at the request that he tell his story. His smile is the smile of a predator.

I was betrayed by the nobles of Phlan. They framed me for a failed assassination attempt. I was sentenced to death, but fortunately, I had loyal friends to get me out.

As he talks, he paces around the tent.

We targeted the nobles where it hurt them the most - their money pocket. But our endeavours were not well received. The people of Phlan betrayed us! They would not join our cause and eventually turned on us, sending spies and assassins!

He settles near the opposite wall.

I know your spy! Rathene told all!

You can see a bit of madness in his eyes.

She refused to talk at first, but I have my ways to extract information. She told me of your plan to kill me! I know all, and your plan will fail!

Note: You never discussed with her any play to kill him.

He pulls a thick cloth cord, and all the tent walls fall down. Beyond, you see over a dozen bandits with bows and crossbows, all pointed at you.

Drop your weapons. All of them. Toss them over there.

The madness in his eyes nearly shines. It has the same sheen as an armband around his left bicep. It looks as if his madness may be magically induced.

Those hiding:
Round 1 Summary

The scout lets loose some arrows, which reveal his position. Shoo, noticing him at the same time, returns fire.

Str Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

End Round 1.

Initiative Order:
Rath <-- we are here
Scout (-7 HP)
Shoo
Shadoo


Male Human Varient | Battle Master Fighter 4 | Superiority Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 14 | Action Surge unused | Second Wind used | HP: 34/36 | AC: 16 | Init +4 | Saves: S+1, D+4, Co+4, I+1, W+2, Ch0 | Pass Perc: 14 | Status: normal | Insp: 0

Rath chuckles as the arrows zip by him, mildly impressed with the foes stealth skills. We had just been up here for a view. he remarks, sending an arrow back at the man, But now you've gone and made me angry. With that said, he lets out a low, feral growl. If he sees the rival archer still stands, he lets loose another arrow, equally as potent.

Need to end this fast so we can keep an eye on the others, Sharpshooter damage boost/ignore cover and Action surge if needed.

Menacing Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 5 = 161d8 + 14 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + 14 + (3) = 22
DC 14 wis or be frightened

Action surge if needed: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 5 = 221d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

Sorry all. Another Sashah rant. Lack of reasoning really grates on him.

The old half-elf's brows furrow deeply and face reddens. When visible, one can see a couple veins bulge on his wrinkled forehead. He cautiously removes the pack from his shoulders and then violently throws it on the ground between himself and Sahnd. The force of the impact causes the contents, a great many papers, to fly out a little ways from the pack.

"DO YOU THINK ME A FOOL SAHND!?" Sasha's voice bellows, not aided by magic but impressively loud. "A SCHOLAR COMING INTO THIS CAMP SEVERELY OUTNUMBERED!?" he spreads his arms to the side gesturing at the bow and crossbowmen. "WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DO YOU THINK I AM!? IF YOU GOT THE INFORMATION THAT I WAS HERE TO KILL YOU THEN YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN THAT OF THE INEVITABLE BETRAYAL BY THE KOBOLDS! YOU MUST HAVE THE NUMBERS THAT THEY OUTNUMBER YOU! AND BECAUSE I HAVE THAT INFORMATION IT STANDS TO REASON THAT I WOULD JUST LET THEM DO MY DIRTY WORK! BUT NO! I AM HERE! IN FACT, I ARRIVED SUGGESTING THAT YOU HAVE A STORY OF BEING BETRAYED BEFORE YOU EVEN SAID IT YOURSELF! MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW THE ACTUAL STORY! MAYBE IF I GOT THE STORY AND WROTE IT DOWN I COULD SPREAD IT TO THE PEOPLE OF PHLAN! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM SUSPICIOUS OF BETRAYAL!?" as he yells these last two sentences he gestures to his splayed pack and papers.

Also I will take this middle point to roll an inspired Persuasion to see if they indeed are interested in keeping me alive enough to know.
Persuasion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 | Persuasion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

He continues,"THE LAST TWO RULERS IN THE DAORAN LINE, DIRECTLY BEFORE ECTOR BRAHMS TOOK OVER, DIED EARLY DEATHS! WHICH IS ODD, BUT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING BY ITSELF! BUT THEN I ARRIVE IN PHLAN, THERE IS A RIOT IN THE STREETS, A WALL OF GUARDS BLOCKING THE WAY TO THE KEEP, AND A BOUNTY FOR A PREVIOUS PRESTIGIOUS MEMBER OF THE GUARD! IF THAT DOESN'T SCREAM SUSPICIOUS!?...SO SAHND," Sashah softens his voice slightly but it still fairly loud for all to hear, "Maybe I am here to help you. Firstly against the crazy kobolds. Don't be foolish and get your men killed. Be the great commander you once were. Then we can help deal with Phlan together. Do right by your men and by Phlan." As he finishes his shoulders hunch, he puts his hands on his knees, and begins panting slightly.


Male Human Fighter (Battlemaster) 3 | AC: 15 | Init: +3 | Saves: S +2, D +3, C +4, I +0, W +2, Ch +0 | Per: 14 | Insp: Yes | HP 28/28 | Battle Dice 4/4 | Maneuver DC: 13 | Surge: Yes | 2nd Wind: Yes | Status: Ok.

Those hiding:
-Well, I was trying to capture him alive...


Male Goliath Barbarian (Path of the Totem Warrior) 3 | Rages: 1/3 | HP: 20/32 | AC: 14 | Init + 2 | HD: 2/3 | Saves: Str + 5 Con + 4 Dex + 2 Int + 0 Wis + 1 Cha -1 | Perception + 3 Passive: 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: ( ) |

Ragnar makes no move to disarm, or to attack, waiting to see how this plays out.


Male Human | Fighter 2 | HP 14/20 | AC 16 | Init +0 | Move: 30 | AS 1/1 | SW 1/1. Saves: S+5 D=0(+2 shield master) C+4 I+1 W+1 C=0 | Passive Per 13 | Status: Normal | Inspiration: Yes

Clyde turns to the Patriots, unsheathing his blade and laying it at his feet. "So how long has he been this way?... Don't tell me you haven't noticed. I've been here all but 2 minutes and I can tell you this man is crazed. A noble man with a just cause does not rob helpless travelers, and he most certainly doesn't kill them. Believe me, I know how you feel about the nobles. Greedy manipulators only out for personal gain. Knocking them down from their gilded saddles feels like just desserts. But it's not about that any more." Clyde motions a hand toward Sahnd. "He's being controlled. Magically. You know it, too. He's changed. A once noble man is now murdering innocents and allying himself with an evil cult. At the risk of his loyal followers, no less. I came here to help your captain. But I now see that only you can help him. I will not fight you. But I will help you get your friend back if you ask."

Clyde turns back to look at Sahnd, a look of pity in his green eyes.


Quick update

The Scout:
Raths first shot kills the scout. The elf collapses to the ground, his finely crafted bow still gripped in his hand.

From up here, you can just barely see the camps below in the fog. The tent flaps on the commander's tent is raised, and what looks like the entire bandit camp are pointing bolts and arrows at your companions inside the tent.

You can even here Sashah yelling at Sahnd.

Just for clarity sake, you're at Location 13 on the map. Down at Location 7 is where the Kobold with the signal fire is. If you light that up, you could cause the kobolds to go on the offensive, breaking up the bandits below.


Half-Elf Cleric 1 | HP 1/8 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No |

The old half-elf turns his furrowed gaze to Clyde, "Now let us not start throwing around accusations of magic, fighter. Just because you do not understand it does not make it magic." Sashah raises a brow and looks thoughtful, "Though that is a possible explanation, it is not the only one."

He turns back to Sahnd, "Well? I will appeal to your reason until it runs out. Then I will appeal to theirs," pointing a the crossbowmen. "I will not die before reason does!"


Sorry; got busy today, and my wife has ended up working late, so I'm home alone with the kids. I'll try to give a proper response to the camp group after I put them to bed. Two toddlers won't let me sit down long enough to write everything out.

But for now, they're not trying to kill you. They're trying to get you to surrender.


Camp site:
Sahnd reacts poorly to the discussion, screaming at you, NO NO NO NO NO! THIS IS ANOTHER TRICK! YOU'VE TURNED THE KOBOLDS AGAINST ME! YOU WERE SENT HERE TO KILL ME! THERES NO OTHER READON WHY YOUD BE HERE NOW!

Between Sashah's words, Clyde's commentary, and the irrationality of Sahnd, several of his bandit game back away. Some of them aiming their weapons more towards the ground than toward yourselves.

Men! Stand your ground! cries out the man who was guarding the tent originally. This is the same man who has a fear of the screech owl. With him here reassuring the bandits, they raise up their crossbows and bows again.

The man says to you, Commander Krulek advised you to drop your weapons. I suggest you follow the advice.

This is a push post. Please respond within 24 hours.

201 to 250 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DDEX 1-9: Outlaws of the Iron Route (5e Adventurer's League) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.