DDEX01-09 Outlaws of the Iron Route (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Chua

Tier 1 AL game for Phlan.


301 to 325 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Yes, only the second Orog attack was at Krissina. The first killed Jerella.

Shoun's firebolt misses the Orog, but oen of Raeva's fiery rays jump out and strike the leader.

Crit damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Krissina damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Krissina returns the favour with her blade, piercing through the Orog's thigh. The Orog shivers when he hears Ravvek's vow. "Tiamat will sw-" it yells, but Ravvek's blow silences it as his rapier pierces through the Orog's throat. The Orog gurgles and flops down.

Kurlek pushes away the orc, and when it sees its leader fallen it turns tail. Kurlek picks up a javelin and sends it into the body of the fleeing orc. The death of their leader has the orcs retreating, but the number of dead on both sides litters King's Pyre.

Kurlek turns to you, sword raised. Despite his armour he has accrued quite a number of wounds. "So what's it going to be?"


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Ravvek the Avenger turns to Krulek, Do you think I was lying, before? I hold no love for the merchants that betrayed you, and less on the ones that starve out the commonfolk. Will you stop your raiding?

The paladin sheathes his blade and extends his hand...

Charisma check, if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

"Truly, Sir, you are better than this. Are you not?" Raeva points to both the dead orog and dead kobold. "Wouldn't you much prefer to build up the people than to tear down the arrogant upper class? We've already agreed that your anger is justified. The question is are you the type of man that rises to the occasion?"

Charisma: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -15

Turning to the group, Shoun will say in a low voice "He's still a criminal who has hurt the normal citizens of the city. He should answer for that."


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

Raeva responds to him. "It is that want for blood that has us at this point. Someone has to be better. Someone has to rise above the pettiness and posturing. Trying to punish him will only bring about more bloodshed and pain. Showing a man a better way can usher in a new day of glory and prosperity."


"I have no choice now, with my man defeated, but the merchants will one day pay for their arrogance," he says. "I will depart with my ship and never return to Phlan, taking the men that are still alive. Does that satisfy you?"

The orcs are retreating and there's only about five or six of Krulek's bandits. Jerella's kobold force have mostly been slaughtered and no longer pose a threat.


Init +0 | Max HP: 21 | AC 12 | Saves: str 0; dex 2; con 1; int 5; wis 1; cha 3 | Insp: [ ] Current Damage: -15

"That seems reasonable. As a matter of fact, I could set you up with some people I know to help you get your new life started. Would that work for you?"

GM:

As I'm sure you can imagine, I'll definitely arrange for him to meet a Zhent strike team so that he can be taken alive for "questioning".

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Rav looks at the others and at Shoun, before he turns back to Krulek, That is acceptable to me, but I request one further answer from you. Was the merchant that betrayed you, a man by the name of Braden Yil?


"I suppose that will be the best option right now. I am afraid I do not know who it was that betrayed me. The merchants are adept at hiding their tracks. Far more skillful than the Zhentarim they are now," he says.


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Very well, then. Is there anything that we should bring back that might lend more weight to our claims to have defeated you? Ravvek asks.


Krulek retrieves an emerald necklace from his pouch. "I believe this will satisfy him. The Heart of Myth Drannor. Inform him that I was slain by the orcs, my body thrown into the sea."

He takes his remaining men and they set off on the boat.

You search the dead and find an elf scout, his body covered with slash wounds. He carries a fine longbow +1. There's also some loose coins and jewelry. (To be added later)

Anything else before you leave Kings Pyre?


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina will make a few notes on the way back, she'd like to remember some of Ravvek's words for later stories. ;)


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Ravvek takes the heart of Myth Drannor with a nod, May your new life smile upon you and your men. I will attempt to find who it was that betrayed you and bring justice to his doorstep.

As the paladin turns and walks back to inspect the battlefield, he stops as if he needed to continue his thought, If that fails, vengeance will find him.

Rav smiles wearily at Krissina, then speaks to all of his companions, Let us see if we can find anything on this battleground to make this whole cluster#$@% worthwhile.

I think that Rav would bring evidence of Jerella's death and the orcs as well. Was there anything of note on Jerella that may give us insight into the Cult of the Dragon's aim?


Tiefling | Sorcerer (dragon) 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 (20) | Init +2 | Saves Str -1, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +5 | Spell Slots: Lvl 2: 2/2 Lvl 1: 4/4 | Spell DC 13 | Passive Perception 10 | Status None | Insp 1

Raeva is with Ravvek on that last part.


You also find some of Krulek's captives in one of the caves. They've been treated decently, as far as captives go, but are grateful to be rescued. However, they certainly have no love for Krulek. "He was a cruel and tactical one. His forces took down our caravan in a blink of an eye. Killed my best mate without hesitation. If as you say he's gone, we are relieved."

There was little note of Jerella's intentions. She believed that accumulating a hoard would help bring back Tiamat, while the orcs were pro-dracolich.

The party, with the prisoners, wait for the sloop. It arrives and picks them up. The captain doesn't ask much but is content that the job is done.

Back in Phlan, you are greeted by Braden Yil.
"How did the battle go? Do you have Krulek?" he asks.
Whoever talks needs to roll a Persuasion or Deception, depending on what is said.


GM:

So, I assume that he is going to reach out to my "contact" to help him start a new life? i.e. a zhent strike team?


Shoun

Spoiler:
Yeap. I'll consider that you have done what's required for the extra renown.


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Ravvek tosses the Heart of Myth Drannor to the merchant, He will bother you no longer.

Charisma: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The paladin says nothing more and turns to leave, not caring whether the man believes him or not. He nods to the others, giving them a look that seems to say, If you need me, I will be outside.

Ravvek is contemplating how to get food for the commoners that were assembled in a mob outside the gates when we first came by...


Braden Yil grabs the gem and there is a smile of joy. He barely notices the Paladin leaving. "You have it! Thank you!" He tosses the gold pouch to Raeva.

The others count up the gold and leave the merchant to his wealth. At least the thanks of the prisoners you have freed is genuine, and they offer you bread and milk from their farms...

Zhentarim success: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Shoun

Spoiler:
Unfortunately, the Zhentarim ship pursuing Krulek is blown off course and fails to apprehend Krulek.

Epilogue:

Krulek sets off with his ship, far away from Phlan. His forces have been depleted to less than a dozen. Little Erik wakes up, his head hurting. "What happened? What about the kobolds?"

"That deal... fell through. But there are new opportunities," Krulek says. He turns to his crew, a smirk on his face. "How would you like to serve... with the Cult of the Dragon?"


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

DM, I do not suppose that there is any DT activity to help the commonfolk in the surrounding area, is there?


Ravvek the Avenger wrote:
DM, I do not suppose that there is any DT activity to help the commonfolk in the surrounding area, is there?

Afraid not but you can RP it. :)


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Rav spends the time with the commoners, letting them know that the bandits have been stopped. He will spend time among them, and treat a few of the nicer ones and their families to a nice dinner.

He also tells the others that if they want to head out on another expedition, he is all for it! :)


Level 4 Tiefling Bard | Init +1 | HP 14/21 | AC 14 | S-/D+4/C+1/I+3/W-1/C+5 | Perc +0 | Insp [] | Bardic Insp 2/3 | 3/4x1st 1/2x2nd

Krissina will accompany Ravvek in his good deeds, provided she doesn't set folk on edge.


Male human paladin 4 | hp: 33/36 (used 2/4 HD) | AC: 16 (18 w shield) | Init +4 | Saves: S +1, D +4, C +2, I +0, W +3, Ch +4 Insp [ ] | Spell DC 12, +4 spell atk | Slots 1st - 3 (2 used) | Passive Per 13 | Lay on Hands used 20/20 | Spent 111 gp

Rav welcomes the company and defends Krissina, if slighted. :)


Ravvek and Krissina help the townsfolk however he can, but there are still many starving in Phlan. At least, there is enough for one evening...

301 to 325 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DDEX01-09 Outlaws of the Iron Route All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.