DDAL 07-03: A Day at the Races [5e Adventurers League] (Inactive)

Game Master Aeshuura

An Adventure for 1st-4th Level Characters


101 to 150 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Round 2 Investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Scramsax is excited when he thinks he has found a second brick, but he must be suffering from early onset nitrogen narcosis: it turns out to be just an old brass saddle buckle.


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris continues to swim around, adding his eyes to Saphina's and doing his best to at least narrow down the search areas. If she does find anything, he also helps load them into the bags.

Still Helping :)

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Okay, Saphina, make your check at advantage.


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

Round two
INT Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
INT Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

With Fanoris’s help the two load up yet another stone.

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Leg 3, Round 2:

You all get 2 more bricks up! One to go!

Red Kamadan manages to only find one brick this round, bringing them up to 4 total!

Blue Almiraj seems borne to the water as they manage to get all of their bricks up at one go!!! Their plesiosaur begins making its way to the next leg!

Leg 3, Round 3:

Okay, find that last brick!

DM Stuff:
Red Kamadan: 5d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 7, 8) = 28


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Int Inv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Scram spots a crayfish exoskeleton, and knowning they are typically attracted to light, picks it up to reveal a glistening brick underneath.

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Okay! Hooking it up, you tug on the rope to signal the dwarves to begin pulling and the four of you break the surface, gasping for air! As each of you climbs back onto the plesiosaurus, and begin heading back toward the docks, you see the Red team emerge from the bay with their last brick.

You pass by them as they load up their last and try hard to make way and catch up to you and the Blue Almiraj!

You pass under the towering statue of Na N'buso at the center of the bay and make your way to the warehouse district with your recovered bricks. As you arrive, a trio of swarthy smiths with their massive hammers on their shoulders and anvils wrapped in gold ribbon at their feet smash the bricks that you lay upon their anvils-- revealing a hollow core hiding a metal tile.

Each tile bears a letter: N, A, G, F, and S.

Once you each have a tile, the smiths point you off to a warehouse.

A flood of sunlight accompanies you into the dilapidated storehouse. Within, a trio of howdah-bearing triceratops are chained to iron rings inset into the floor-- which are locked by exotic, combination-style locks.

Beside each lock is an eagle-eyed official, who greets you with a booming voice, The smiths have given you your key. Now use it to open the lock! His eyes narrow, looking at Scramsax, And no cheating!

The lock has five rings embossed with letters, and it appears that by rotating each ring to reveal the combination, you can unlock the chains.

You see the Blue Almiraj team is huddled together trying to figure out the combination and the Red Kamadan team is getting the instruction from their official.


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 3/3 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: Yes| Channel 1/1

Sashah quickly leans down and whispers, "Try F-A-N-G-S."

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

You spin the rings around until it spells out F-A-N-G-S and there is a click and the lock pops open! The official nods in appreciation of the speed with which you popped it open and calls up to you as you all clamber up into the howdah, strap on your harnesses and one of you grabs the reins, To the Grand Colosseum, once around the Market Ward, and to the Tiryki Anchorage Gate! Go!

The triceratops issues a trumpeting bellow and charges out of the storehouse and onto the streets of Port Nyanzaru!!! As you look around in the howdah, you notice shields and whips on the floor.

As the triceratops lurches forward, the Blue team unlocks their chains and clamber up, with the Red team popping their locks an instant after!

Saphina, you still have advantage, if you take the reins.

At the beginning of each round, you each declare Attack, Defend, or Drive.

  • Attack: Using a bullwhip, you can attack one of the other teams' dinosaur. If they have a defender using a shield, it can use its action to block. If there is no blocker, you make a DC 11 Strength or Dexterity check and if successful, they have a disadvantage for their test. If there is a blocker the DC is 13.

  • Defend: You can use your action to defend against one attack, DC 13 Strength or Dexterity check. If you fail to defend, the driver has disadvantage on their check.

  • Drive: Only one character can drive. He or she makes a DC 14 Wisdom (Animal Handling) check.

This is a race to five successes! You can only Attack when they are alongside you. Make the first round's drive check.

You all have a 1 round head start!


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 3/3 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: Yes| Channel 1/1

Sashah stands next to Saphina offering guidance and observations. If I can't mechanically give advantage with assistance, Sashah will do nothing.

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

If you have guidance that could help. ;)


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris grins towards Sashah as the lock clicks open, and then he's through, climbing up onto the triceratops.

Making a quick decision, he reaches for one of the whips, and says, "I'll try to keep them off of us if they catch up. I'll probably need help."

Defending this round.


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

Hey buddy... wanna help us win this race? Saph calls down from the basket to her latest friend. Grabbing the reins she calls out Yip!yip!

WIS animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
WIS Animal Handling adv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

whew that was close


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Scram immediately goes for the whip, shouting "Hey Almiraj, come closer, I was itchin' for some coney stew..." *whipcrack*

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (assuming prof applies)


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 2

Fenri will defend Saphina from incoming attacks.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The Exchange

Male Hill Dwarf Paladin 2 | AC: 18 | HP: 19/24 | Str +2, Dex +0, Con +3, Int -1, Wis +3, Cha +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1

Dwalar grabs a whip. "Hah! Come an' get some, yeh lumps!" He tries the whip against the red team's beast (or whichever one Scramshax doesn't hit.)

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Scram, it is more of an ability check rather than an attack roll. So, no proficiency. This round they are not close enough yet for attacks, since you had a head start. I will apply your rolls in the event they catch up.

DM Stuff:
Red Kamadan: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Blue Almiraj: 1d8 ⇒ 8

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 2

Final Leg, Round 2

The Blue Almiraj team starts to catch up, but the Red Kamadan are having some trouble!

The Blue Almiraj are right next to you, but you are still leading!

Saphina, another Wisdom (Animal Handling) check at advantage, please.

The Blue team has 3 defenders and 2 attackers, but Scramsax still manages to get by the defenders, whipping the triceratops and causing it to veer!

Somehow, the rocking of the dinosaur throws off one of the Blue attackers and only one defense needs to be made!

Faroris, make your Defense check (Strength or Dexterity check). If you fail this check, it negates Saphina's advantage and we will take the first check!


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris readies himself as the other team comes alongside, and when he sees their attackers he snaps his whip closer to them, trying to throw off their aim.

Dexterity check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Okay, Saphina still has advantage.

Faroris manages to fend off the Blue team's whip, keeping it away from their Triceratops!


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

WIS Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
WIS Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Saphina hears the crack of whip on shows elf and she thanks Fenoris and her other defenders as she continues to drive the triceratops forward.

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

DM Stuff:
Red: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Blue: 1d8 ⇒ 8

The Blue team triceratops veers away for a bit, but in a masterful show of control, the halfling at the reins manages to keep on track only losing a foot or two!

The Red team triceratops is approaching on the opposite side! Both are within range now. The entire team of the Red Kamadan are armed with whips, leaving no defenders!

Final Leg, Round 3

Who is defending and who is attacking?

Blue: 2 attackers, 3 defenders

Red: 5 attackers


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Insanely tempted to climb out and toss the root in its mouth, but dont want to ruin everything. :)

Then, are we in first place right now? If so, I'll defend.

Dex Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris faces himself towards the red team, snapping his weapon at the attackers.

Still defending. :-)

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

You are in first place, but they are so close and you are only nearing the halfway point.


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 2

Still Defending as well.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Exchange

Male Hill Dwarf Paladin 2 | AC: 18 | HP: 19/24 | Str +2, Dex +0, Con +3, Int -1, Wis +3, Cha +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1

Attacking!

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

ill roll both but it’s looking like you will just ignore the second roll.
WIS Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
WIS Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

doesnt matter anyway. Looks like this round is a bust .

The T-tops is distracted and bears off course. Saphina is not able to get the beast under control soon enough and loses ground.

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

DM Stuff:
Red: 1d8 ⇒ 2Blue: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Your triceratops forces the other two teams to spread out! After plowing through a fruit cart, you are back in the same positions: Golden T-Rex ahead by a few feet from Blue Almiraj, with Red Kamadan behind by another foot!

Final Leg, Round 4

Okay, they failed as well, so still status quo. Let us see your action and checks.


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris wobbles as the triceratops veers around, but after a moment he regains his balance and steadies himself, raising an arm as he waits and then snaps the whip towards anybody who tries to attack them.

Defending

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The Exchange

Male Hill Dwarf Paladin 2 | AC: 18 | HP: 19/24 | Str +2, Dex +0, Con +3, Int -1, Wis +3, Cha +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1

Dwalar tries again to sabotage the red team's mount.

Attack!
Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 2

Still trying to protect her driver, Fenri looks to dive into the path of an attack.

Defend (Strength): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

Sorry! Sorry! Scuse us! Coming through! Sorry!

Saphina tries to use the distraction to pull further ahead.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Sorry sort of lost at the moment, hopefully not waiting on me

Dex Defend: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Sashah, are you still just up front with Saphina?


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 3/3 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: Yes| Channel 1/1

yup, helping is likely a more harm than good situation

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Okay!

DM Stuff:
2d20 ⇒ (5, 4) = 95d20 ⇒ (16, 5, 12, 19, 12) = 64

2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Whips and lashes fly every which way, but between you, you manage to defend against any that get close!

Blue team falls behind as they take a corner too wide, but are still there behind you, but the Red Kamadan are keeping up with you, neck and neck!

Round 5!
Only a few more lengths and this race will be over! Attackers and Defenders, make your checks! If anyone would like to try anything wild, it will be a bit of a gamble, but may pay off big! I will award out of the box thinking, if it sounds plausible!

After that, Saphina may make her checks, if disadvantage is earned, I will only take her first roll.


Male Half-elf CG Fiend Warlock 1 | AC: 13 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Perception +2

Faroris turns towards the red dinosaur again, switching up to attack. He snaps his whip towards the red team's dinosaur, trying to throw it off.

Dexterity to attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be very obvious cheating. If anybody else has an idea, go for it!

The Exchange

Male Hill Dwarf Paladin 2 | AC: 18 | HP: 19/24 | Str +2, Dex +0, Con +3, Int -1, Wis +3, Cha +4 | Init +0 | Perception +1

Dwalar is a straightforward dwarf, not much for subtlety. "Yer not gonna beat us, yeh sons o' mushrooms! Take that!"

Attack (Str): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Are you freaking serious...


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Alright, you talked me into it. Scramsax will climb out onto the trihorns and put the root into the dinosaurs mouth on the sly. What should I roll?

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Scramsax, make me a Strength (Athletics) check, unless you can think of another skill that may allow you to get it in the Tricop's mouth... like maybe a fishing pole?


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Hmm, string from burglar's pack on a shortsword maybe?

Scramsax tries to ask the dinosaur if it would like a snack in a weird voice "Rawrooo rawroo?" before dangling the root whole down its gullet...

Str Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Okay, you can fall and get it in the beast's mouth, or you can catch yourself, but not have the angle. Your choice.


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Scram had been cracking left and right furiously, but the cracks died down and he gazed off into the distance "...certain new thoughts have just occurred to me..." he said in a quiet voice before leaping out on the large skull and dangling down, tossing a small package into its mouth. His hand slipped off the horn from the dust, however, and he went tumbling down...


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 2

I want to try and flying tackle their driver off of the dino. Assuming that is allowed, I will rage and then take a flying judo chop of faith:

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Scramsax leaps off the howdah and tosses the root at the Triceratop's maw and it snaps it up! The little halfling bounces off the hard cobble road taking 3 hp bludgeoning damage and scrambles to avoid being trampled!

Fenri would know that directly attacking members of the other team is forbidden and could result in a penalty, or if seriously injury is inflicted, disqualification. However, catching a whip and tugging hard could be just subtle enough for the judges to turn a blind eye... ;)


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 2

We'll do that then. I'm pretty sure I failed either way.


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

Scramsax finally skids to a halt on the grainy quartz sands of the course, getting a rug-burn of the damned on his elbows and chin. Slapping himself in the face a few times he breaks into a sprint, playing a game of Catch that Dinosaur.


Rogue 2, Fighter 1, HP 20/28, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15, +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, NO Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 3, W 1, Ch 0

Saphina watches Scram craw out onto the fromt of the Dino with her mouth agape. What are you thinking! Before an answer can be given however, Scram disappears under the the trampling dinosaur. Sashah! Can you help him?

Seeing the incoming whips at her new dinofriend, Saphina thinks of another idea. Sashah! Are you able to put one of those protection spells on our scales friend here? Would a Sashah-signature spell be too much of a violation of the rules?I was thinking maybe giving Sashah effectively a defense roll using his INT instead of STR

WIS animal handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
advantage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
well that sucks

Grand Lodge

Map| DCI #6203763429

Ooo, neat! Yeah, I'd allow Sashah to do that.

As Scramsax starts to chase the dinosaurs, a few officials wave him over. One of them first asks if he is alright, then offers to lead him to the finish line to meet his team when they cross.

Golden T-Rex's dinosaur begins to howl and froth, resisting Saphina's direction, and lurches forward with a surge of speed!

Okay, next round, Saphina will roll one Wisdom (Animal Handling) check, but if she is successful, it will count as two successes!

Fenri snatches at a whip, but is unable to get a grip and takes 1 hp as she gets a sort of rope burn!

DM Stuff:
2d8 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

EDIT: The thrashing dinosaur throws off the other two teams, sending them to a distance out from you. They trample through the spectators, though it seems that most of the spectators are able to scramble out of the way!

At the end of it all, the order is very much the same, with Golden T-Rex in the lead, with the Red Kamadan an arm's length behind and Blue Almiraj a full man's length behind them!

Round 6!

Meta-wise, Saphina is already getting disadvantage, so the whips are not going to do anything more to your dinosaur, if you'd all like to go on the offensive!


Meatgrinder Halfling Rogue ★ 14.16.12.12.10.12 ★ hp 19/21 ★ AC 15

"Yeah, I'm fine. See that crap Almiraj was trying to pull? Knocked me off with a spell jinx...they're cheating."

Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

101 to 150 of 295 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DDAL 07-03: A Day at the Races [5e Adventurers League] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.