Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DDAL07-01 A City on the Edge

Game Master Dave Chua

Adventures in Chult for Tier 1 D&D Adventurers League.


551 to 590 of 590 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 1

Fenri also mounts her beast after giving it a hug.

"Let's go big guy!"

Fenri will also attempt to dash.

Animal Handling: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 3; AC: 16; HP: 28/28; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 3/3; Inspiration: 0

Yes, Jab! Jab! Jab!


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

Wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Initiative:
Adrian: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Fenri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Nanbu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Rakdon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Saphina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Sashah: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Green Viper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


The race starts. The crowd cheers and clap as Saphina, on her dinosaur, is the first to move.

Nanbu streaks ahead of the Green Vipers and the well-trained riders move as one. They all try to dash! Unfortunately, they all get into each other's way!

Green Viper 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Green Viper 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Green Viper 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Green Viper 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Green Viper 2 Dex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Green Viper 1 Wisdom save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Nanbu and his mount surge confidently forward. Adrian strikes one of the Green Vipers and he is flung off his mount! Rakdon taunts one of the Vipers but he yells back "What did you say?

Sashah and Fenri manage to get their mounts to move forward, but not as quickly as Nanbu.

-----

Each rider starts on the course at their starting point (Position #1). The first rider to reach the Finish Line (position #5) wins the race. Once the race begins, each rider may move up one position and take one action per turn. The available actions are:

Dash
If the rider makes a successful DC 13 Wisdom (Animal Handling) check, they urge their mount to move two spaces instead of one. Each mount may successfully dash twice during the race. Failed dash attempts do not count toward this number.

Jab
A rider may use their pole to jab at any other rider so long as they are at the same position number (Example: any rider at position #3 can jab any other rider at #3).
Make a normal attack roll as you would with a quarterstaff versus the Armor Class of the rider. On a hit, instead of taking damage, the opponent must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. If failed, the rider is knocked off of their mount and loses a turn of movement to mount up again.

Taunt
A rider may taunt or distract any other rider so long as they are within up to one position away from their own. (Example: any rider at position #3 can taunt any other rider between positions #2 and #4).
The rider makes a Charisma (Intimidation) check against the opposing rider’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If the taunting rider wins the roll, the opposing rider is at a disadvantage on any checks made during the next obstacle (see “Obstacles” below).

Trip
This action may be used on another rider so long as they are at the same position number (Example: any rider at position #3 can trip any other rider at #3).
Using their pole, the rider attempts to trip up another rider’s mount. Make a DC 14 Strength (Athletics) check or a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. If successful, the opposing rider must then make a DC 14 Wisdom saving throw.
If the saving throw is failed, the rider’s mount stumbles and they lose one position rank.
--------------------------------
There are also obstacles throughout the race course that will obstruct and delay participants.

5:
4:
3: Nanbu
2: Green Vipers 1/3/4, GV2 (dismounted) Fenri, Sashah, Adrian, Rakdon
1: Saphina (?)
-----

Waiting on Saphina's action. Don't roll for your next move yet as it depends if you come upon an obstacle.
Initiative:
Saphina/Nanbu
Green Vipers
Rest of party


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

saph will dash as her opening action

Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Saphina races out right next to Nanbu.

Obstacle for Adrian: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Obstacle for Fenri: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Obstacle for Nanbu: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Obstacle for Rakdon: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Obstacle for Saphina: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Obstacle for Sashah: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Obstacle for GV1: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Obstacle for GV3: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Obstacle for GV4: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Adrian and Fenri see a net coming towards them.
Net Snare. You must make a DC 13 Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. If failed, you are dragged off of your mount, losing a position rank.

Nanbu can make out a mud pit in front of him.
Mud Pit. Make a successful DC 13 Wisdom (Animal Handling) check. If failed, you lose a position rank and may not Dash on your following turn.

The crowd shouts "Come on Green Vipers!" cheering on the hometown favourite.

Those who encounter obstacles make your rolls. You may then decide what action you want to do.
The rest of the riders do not encounter obstacles. They may decide what they want to do for the next round.

5:
4:
3: Nanbu, Saphina
2: Green Vipers 1/3/4, GV2 (dismounted) Fenri, Sashah, Adrian, Rakdon
1:


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

Wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
dash


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 1

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Fenri powers through the net, snatching it out of the hands of the people holding it. It was now draped across the front of her tunic, with the loose sides flapping in the wind.

Fenri will attempt to spur her mount onward to victory!

Dash (Animal Handling): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Human Sorcerer 1: HP:12/12, AC:15, Init:2, Str:0, Dex:2, Con:5, Int:-1, Wis:-1, Cha:5, Perc:9

Rakdon will taunt green viper number 4 Hey you, Nanbu's beating you slow poke intimidate: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (11) = 14


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 3; AC: 16; HP: 28/28; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 3/3; Inspiration: 0

Ath: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sir Adrian wobbles, but by his training is able to stay in thd saddle of thd beast. As he advances, he again jabs at an opponent even with him.

Jab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

Looking back over shoulder briefly Saph grins and urges her Dino faster Yip Yip!

dash action
WIS Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Confirming that since speak with animals lasts for 10 minutes, I can still use my Charisma for this?

1d20 ⇒ 1

Never mind, it is a moot point. Failed.

EDIT: On his turn, Nanbu will move forward and taunt a Green Viper in the lead!

Charisma (Intimidation): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Wow.. didn't expect it to be over so fast.

Saphina and her Dino have developed a bond, and possibly it's the halfling's lightness that gives them the advantage. Saphina and the dino just race away and pass the finish line, to a stunned crowd. The Green Vipers are mostly still stuck near the start.

"It's a new record! For... who is that halfling anyway? The Bladefangs win!" the announcer shouts.

The Green Vipers get off their mounts and bow to the crowd as they are pelted with rubbish.


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Go, go, little one! Nanbu calls as Saphina bursts forward for the win.

As he pulls up, he slides off the young allosaurus and give him a pat on the neck, Worry not, my friend, I will still give you a fine meal!

Going to pay 1 gp for a fine meal of meats for all of our team's mounts. Let me know if it will cost more.


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

Sashah is obviously happy to be off of the dinosaur.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 3; AC: 16; HP: 28/28; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 3/3; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian dismounts and motions for his squire and groom to bring his armor for changing.

Well done, little one!


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 1

Fenri gives her mount a hug as she comes in moments after Saphina, then dismounts and gives the reins to the attendants.

"Well, that was a blast! What are we going to do next?"


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

Saphina raises her hands to the crowd as she crosses the finish line. A look of pure exhilaration on her face, she looks back to see how her teammates finish. woohoooo! We won! She continues celebrating until someone reminds her there is more to the competition. That seems to sober her jubilation somewhat but there seems to be a perpetual smirk on her face. So what’s next then?


After Saphina receives her accolades, the group is led to a resting area.

"We will call for you soon. The arena must be prepared," the assistant says.

As you are resting, there is a knock on the door and a human woman in her mid-20’s with dark hair, green eyes, and brown skin opens it.

"Greetings. I am Nerissa. We do not have much time so I shall get straight to the point. That was quite a showing out there; you are frontrunners to win the Oracle's Eye. The metallic piece of the trinket that holds the Oracle’s Eye gem is very important to my noble cause, and I offer you 30 gp for it should the party win. They may still keep the gem itself, which is what your sponsor had asked the party to get for him.
What do you say?"


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

"Hmm...," Sashah thinks for a moment, "I zink I vould see object before making blind deal."


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Nanbu, never one to read intention, looks at the lady, Jade Eye only wants the trinket? Nanbu sees no reason why not. What do Nanbu's friends think?

As he speaks to her, the vines that form his cuirass writhe ever so slightly...


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

Saphina scoffs slightly. How much is it really worth if your trying to make the offer sight unseen? I’m with Sashah, I don’t think it would be smart to make that deal. Besides, we don’t even know who you are or what your intentions might be.

WIS Insight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Saph can’t get a good read on her to tell whether she is trust worthy or not.


"I am Nerissa, as I've said. My intentions are to stop the death Curse. I believe the shell of the trinket will help my faction. Trust Nanbu," she says.

Insight DC 13:

The woman does not appear to be lying.


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Wisdom (Insight): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Hahahah, see? Nanbu knows! ;p


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

The old helf-elf's eyes narrow, his bushy eyebrows almost enveloping his vision.

"And vat you know of death curse? Hmmm..?"


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Nanbu knows little... Oh, Wise One meant Jade Eye! the warlock looks a little sheepish.


"The Death Curse has doomed those who have been raised by death magic. Now, the fallen too are affected, and the creatures in the jungles of Chult have been driven wild. It has also led to the arrival of many, many adventurers from the north to fertilise the soil here," Nerissa says.


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Come and see Nanbu and friends after competition. No sense getting carts before dinosaurs, Nanbu flashes a grin.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Sorcerer 1: HP:12/12, AC:15, Init:2, Str:0, Dex:2, Con:5, Int:-1, Wis:-1, Cha:5, Perc:9

Well, we should get that trinket.


"I shall visit you after the next event. Perhaps you'd have come to a decision by then," she says, as she leaves.


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 1

"The dead are rising in the jungles? Neat! Maybe we can go check it out after the competition?"


Half-Elf Wizard 2 / Cleric 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 10 | Saves: S+0, D+0, C+0, I+3, W+5, Ch+3 | Init +0 | Spell DC 13 | Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Norm | Insp: No|

Still glaring as she leaves Sashah says under his breath, "Maybe zen you vill give useful information." He then straightens and gives a look of impatience as he begins tapping his foot, "Let us get over vith zis 'arena'."


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

That lady was sure full of herself. She mentioned a faction. Anybody figure out which one it was? If not, I’ll ask her after we win. Speaking of winning, I wonder what our next challenge will be.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 3; AC: 16; HP: 28/28; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 3/3; Inspiration: 0

So, does anyone know what is required of us in the arena portion of these events?


"Time to find out," the bouncer asks. He leads you out of your dressing room to the arena.

The event takes place inside an iron cage, the bars of which are covered in semi-sentient poisonous vines. From your journey into the jungle in the previous adventure, you recognise them as much smaller versions of the Matabo patches encountered in Malar’s Throat; the poisonous vines that attacked you before you reached the Grung clearing.

The party faces off against a kenku mercenary named Slicer, and his pet dinosaurs, two raptors and one deinonychus.

Reminder damage should be nonlethal, and spells that inflict damage are banned.

Initiative:

Adrian: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Fenri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Nanbu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Rakdon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Saphina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Sashah: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Slicer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Dinosaurs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Fenri
Slicer
Saphina
Rakdon
Dinosaurs
Adrian
Nanbu
Sashah

The crowd yells as the combat begins.
Fenri may act first
Map


male v. human warlock (fae-pact) 3 | AC 15 | hp 23/24 | Init +2 |Saves: S +0 D +2 C +2 I +1 W +1 Ch +5 | Spell slots/rest 2 (used 1) | Pass Per 14 | Pass Inv 18 | Inspiration (No)

Nanbu slides sideways to the side closest to the deinonychus and says, Hello, buddy. I am sorry to do this to you...

Would Nanbu be able to cast his speak w/ animals before combat, as soon as he sees the dinosaurs? If not, Nanbu will use his turn to cast invoke his beast speech and move up to the deinonychus, then cast shillelagh as a bonus action.


CG Female Dwarf Barbarian 1

"I'm surry bird man, but you're in our way. I'd ask you to give up, but you probably don't wanna, which is fine by me." says Fenri as she rages and moves into melee.

Attack Roll on Kenku: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Rogue 1, Fighter 1, HP 20/20, AC 15/17 (w shield), Pass Perc 15, Pass Inv 15 +3 Init, HAS Second Wind, HAS Inspiration, S -1,C 3, D 5, I 1, W 3, Ch 0

Good luck guys! Let’s win this thing!


Fenri tries to go around the dinosaurs but fails to. He ends up next to the large dinosaur and his blow fails to connect.

The Kenku says in a female voice "Rid the vileness!" He pulls back his bow and shoots an arrow at the Bladefangs champion Saphina. The arrow penetrates through her armour.

Target: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Sahpina and Rakdon to act. Unfortunately with the sound of the crowd Nanbu is unable to speak to animals. Fenri is also on the space in front of the Deinonychus.

Initiative
Fenri
Slicer
Saphina
Rakdon
Dinosaurs
Adrian
Nanbu
Sashah

Map

551 to 590 of 590 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arriving in Chult All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.