Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

D20 Heroes Playtest

Game Master rando1000

Initiative Order: Lucretcia, Cold Fire, rest of party


51 to 100 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Alexander considered. Whatever these weird gifts were, they seemed to not always work, or perhaps he wasn't using them right. He waved a hand again. "Kneel."


Another energy beam lashed out from Chelsea at the 2nd creature.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) = 10


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Chelsea's beam hits, solidly, but it does no damage.

Lucretcia's action. The creature she's aiming at is heavily wounded and confused


Female Human

A small smile breaks out over Lucretcia's face as she starts to figure this psychosis out, and takes a dramatic flourish with her hand like a conductor at a performance, pointing at the creature and simply stating, ignis, as if it were a point of fact. Only after did she think of the possibility that she could only do this a certain number of times per day.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 4) = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4) = 10


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The final creature bursts into flame, dropping to the floor. All is quite for a moment as the four people still standing look over the scene, and each other, in disbelief.

At this point, I'm going to message you all with your abilities as they currently stand, so you can update your characters.


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Grant finds himself to be the first to recover from this shock. "This has to be a delusion... Right? None if this couldn't have happened. But..." He relaxes his grip on the pole in hand, finding it marked with the indentions if his fingers.

"There's a sinking feeling that all this actually happened. That these... Things actually attacked us. Killed those two people. And then we killed them in return." He drops the length of metal with a clatter, and while towards the doctor.

"Tell me I'm wrong. Please, please tell me none of this just happened! That there's no way my disease not only went away, but reversed itself entirely. No way th.. That man appeared out of nowhere, that girl displaying flashes of light, you using g+# D&*n magic to finish this one off. Anything, something!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I admit, I am firmly convinced that this is all a hallucination brought on by the gas," Alexander said thoughtfully. "I'm reasonably sure no one's obeyed my will just because I will it. But one of the things dear Professor Brown taught when I went to school was that once you close your mind to a possible explanation, no matter how outlandish it may seem, you enter the realms of preconceived notions and bad science. Let us instead argue that magic is unlikely, but not impossible, mathematically speaking. For now, we might as well carry on as if this is all real. If it's not we'll wake up in a puddle of drool, anyway. If it is then there are more things we need to be doing."

Alexander looked at the others. "Does anyone have any medical skills? We should see if there any chance of helping the poor souls these things attacked." There wasn't much of a chance. Anyone with a gut wound who wasn't screaming had died of shock, as a rule. But it was better to get people moving and doing than standing around wondering what was going on.

As for himself, Alexander moved over to the nearest creature. The fact he didn't bother walking startled him somewhat. "Oh! That's why you all looked at me like I was crazy. Huh." Now, the trick was not doing it so often he got horribly fat. Oh, and dissected by a government lab intent on finding out how he did it.

Instead, he kneeled next to the fallen monster, trying to work out what it was and if there were any clues as to the nature of...whatever.

Cthlhu Mythos: 1d100 ⇒ 9
...does that mean I need to make a Sanity Check?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Alexander Prost wrote:
...does that mean I need to make a Sanity Check?[/ooc]

Nah, in this genre you guys actually get to win against these things occasionally.


"That was LIT!", the Chelsea says suddenly. She hops over the back of the lounge chair she's sitting in to run over and talk to the others. But instead of running, she finds herself floating in the air, moving slowly both toward them and upward.

"Hey, TF?"


Female Human

I... I don't... the reality of what transpired crashed back down on Lucretcia like the ceiling of the hospital, triumphant feelings forgotten as she realized they were just fighting monsters that shouldn't exist with abilities that shouldn't be possible. This is well beyond my area of expertise, psychology was not one of my majors. Or... she almost chokes on the word as she forces herself to consider the possibilites, paranormal studies...


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

The most qualified person in the room to deal with this situation was having a mental breakdown, that wouldn't do anyone any good here. He grabbed her shoulders, as gently as possible yet still managaing to provide an iron grip, and foccused her attention on him. "Dr. Santori, I'm sorry about just now. Forget about it. We'll... We'll deal with this craziness later. We need to focus. you need to focus. Those people are either dead or dying and we need you to help them. You can do that, right? Use that medical degree to do more then make grown men cry?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

As she considers, Chelsea manages to lower herself to the ground, showing that her levitation was under her control. "Hey, what do you know! I can fly!"

Even a cursory Heal check by Dr Santori tells her the bodies near the dead aliens are dead as well. Oddly, they seem to have...missing organs? Checking the aliens, she finds they had begun to remove internal organs of the two dead people, with surgical precision.


Alexander wrinkled his nose, that the pair had been harvested of organs. "I very likely do not want to know why they do that," he muttered, "Almost as much as I don't want to have it happen to me." Shaking his head, he looked around.

"OK...I think what we need next is information. Are we the only targets, here? Is this city wide? Nationwide? Are there more people like us, or is everyone asleep and the screwed up this batch of gases?"

Alexander pulled out his phone and tried to connect to facebook. If there was an Alien Invasion it would be all over social networking.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Unfortunately, something still seems to be interfering with phone networks. Then Alexander hits on the idea of checking the hospital's free wifi. Sure enough, there is normal access.

Knowledge/Technology
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

There is certainly no mention of this on social media or news sites that Alexander can find with a couple quick searches, leading him to believe it is not incredibly widespread. Of course, if most people are asleep from the gas, that would limit the number of responders significantly.


"OK, it doesn't look like things are too widespread." Keeping the phone out, Alexander looked around at the others. "If it's just this area, we might be able to summon help. It doesn't look like these things are immune to bullets, and the army has an awful lot of those, so they should be able to convince them otherwise."

Considering, he added, "I think we should look around. If we take some photos and movies, I can e-mail them to an old friend. He might be able to get things rolling." The former soldier looked around, trying to see which exit looked most likely.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Looking out the window, Alexander can see a few more of the creatures in the air. None of them seem to be heading this way, but they're definitely scanning the streets for more targets. As before, they seem to be ignoring anyone whom the gas knocked out.


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

The man, still finding his apparent ability to walk unhindered bizarre, approaches the window when he sees a look in Alexander's eyes. What he see's leaves him feel even more uneasey before as a set of implications strikes him, "Those things are only going after people like us, aren't they? The people that managed to keep standing after the gas hit."

Looking down at his flexing hand, he continues. "Do they... do they have abilities like this too? Is that what they're doing? If the same thing happened to them too, they must not realize they can fight back. We can't sit around hoping this is over soon while people are dying. I can't.... I'm going out there. I encourage the rest of you to do something too."

He goes for the door.


"Perhaps, or perhaps they simply avoided the gas." It was possible to do. Enough gas to get into every space would have flooded most of the city. "Either way, we need to help them. The question is this - do we go out and try hammering those things until they fall down, or is there a better choice? If they have some sort of vehicle or base and we take it out there ability to organize and co-operate will be compromised. My vote is find that, and go all 'Hulk Smash!' on the thing...unless someone has a better plan."

Alexander knelt, checking the bodies again to see if there was any equipment of supplies that might be useful in doing just that. It wasn't likely he'd understand it, but...


"Better plan? With those things out there ripping people up, I say we look for a better plan on the road! YOLO b*tchs!"

Chelsea flies out the door and blasts the nearest alien.


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Grant rushes out into the street, and makes to jump and strike a close creature.... sailing past and missing his mark by a good hundred feet. Luckily one of the creatures seemed to fly in his path at just the wrong time. Half screaming in terror, he frantically threw a fist into the creature's face parts.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
action die: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Should *just* meet it's AC.
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Whether the hit lands or not, he falls gracelessly to the ground below.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

BAM! Grant clocks the Mi-Go with a punch it won't soon forget! He feels a bit of trepidation flying through the air 30' above the pavement, genuine fear as he arcs toward the concrete below, but Grant lands over 100' from the hospital. But his legs do not buckle, and he lands solidly on the street, not far from the Hot Topic store Chelsea left 10 minutes earlier.

Initiative:
Grant:
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Alexander:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lucretcia:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Chelsea:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Aliens:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
NPCs:
1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

As Grant flies into the alien enemies, two of the creatures drop to the ground and cut up more victims, an ice-blaster and a stretchy hero ala Plastic Man. The victims resist unsuccessfully.

Chelsea fires her power at a different alien.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 4) = 13

Assume there are 4 Mi-Go in the street where you're battling...

Alexander and Lucretcia's actions...


Female Human

Lucretcia snaps back to reality, hoping that her brief meditation will help center her, and runs out into the street, trying to line up as many of the creatures as she can before shouting, Fulgur! and hoping the creatures are just distracted enough to become as Icarrus.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 4) = 14

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 5) = 21

The Doctor's second ray slams into the brink, doing some minor damage to the building, but the first, drops the Mi-Go that Grant hit with a super-punch moments ago.

Man, as a GM, I'm loving this round. You guys are nailing it!


"Or we can charge headlong in and all die horribly," Alexander said as he turned and followed. "I mean, yes, it's a plan, but is it a good plan?" Shrugginh, he wandered out. "Let's find out."

Tracking the strange aliens with a finger, he focused on one and said, "Ok, I am going to try something new - go full River Tam and kill you with my brain." He focused on the creature dying really, really hard.

Mental Blast: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3) = 14
DC 16 Will Save, please.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The alien didn't die, but it didn't like the 14 damage, no not at all...
it lands on the sidewalk, writhing in pain.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

One alien, already damaged by Alexander, lashes out at Grant.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The creature slashes into Grant, but all its razor sharp claws do is cut a slight groove into Grant's super-tough hide.

A form zips past at high speed, but is ripped to shreds by the other aliens.

30' in the air, the young Asian girl, Chelsea, fires her energy blast at the same one Alexander just attacked.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 5) = 12

Her shot flies wild.

Alexander, Lucretcia, and Grant's attacks, again. 3 aliens remain in the vicinity.


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Grant rears, still feeling unsteady as he throws a clumsy Haymarket that toss himself around way more then it does to affect the alien being. "Jesus-! Please tell me that was the last surprise I'm going to get..."

Another nine! Not going to use an action point this time, the coolness factor was required for the last one.


Alexander looked at his finger in surprise. Well, that was unexpected. Better than a rifle, almost - some instinct told him that a suitable strength of will could deflect such mental assaults.

He focuses on the one that attacked Grant again. "No, really, die."

Mental Blast (DC 16): 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4) = 14


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

This one staggers, taking only a portion of the mental energy Alexander threw out before shaking off the attack.

Lucretcia considers her targets while the aliens refine their targets to include the powerful specimens recently entering the scene...


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

In the street, the heroes face three remaining aliens.

One attacks Grant, an obvious target.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Critical: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grant feels pain as the creature cuts into him, but the damage is only superficial (3 HP)

The second attacks Chelsea as she hovers in the air above the State Street.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The alien fighting Chelsea bounces against her forcefield, but is unable to penetrate it.

Finally, the third flies toward Lucretcia.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Finally, the alien attacking the MD turned Sorcerer fails to strike its target.

Against Chelsea and Grant, however, the aliens attempt to hold their opponents.

Grapple Grant
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grapple Chelsea
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

While the alien is unable to hold Grant's powerful form, the other one does wrap its "arms" around Chelsea.


Chelsea is not without resources. Concentrating, she blasts the energy out of a free hand at her opponent.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 1) = 15


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Chelsea's attack drops a second Mi-Go, leaving only 2: one in front of Grant, one in front of Lucretcia.

Grant, Alexander, and Lucretcia may act again.


Turning and aiming at the one nearest Grant, Alexander called out, "I'll blast this one with our friend the Strongman, if you ladies can kill the other." Was aiming the right word? It didn't feel quite right...

Mental Blast (DC 16 Will): 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 1) = 10


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Awesome Blow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Awesome Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Grant feels something well up inside of him, as he pulls his arm back far and feels his muscles become taught and ready. Then like a gun his fist flies forward, socking the creature in the side careening for the Hot Topic's store window!

In the way damage!: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Mi-Go Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Mi-Go is addled from the Alexander's mental onslaught when Grant's powerful fist lifts him into the air and through the plate-glass window. Heavily injured, bits of glass sticking out of its hide, the creature flies into the air trying to escape, but drawing an attack of opportunity from Grant in the process.


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Half shocked at the sheer amount of force he laid out upon the creature, Grant finds his ability to fight at momentary odds and the Mi-Go flies by unhindered.


Female Human

Having narrowly avoided being eviscerated, Lucretcia dances back from the flying things and blasts fire at the thing, having not decided to try any new tricks as of yet.

Fire 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 4) = 14

Fire 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 6) = 17


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The combined damage from Lucretcia's attack and Chelsea's has injured the final Mi-Go, but it still has some fight left. Slashing out at Lucretcia, the alien...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

...slices into the doctor painfully. It then attempts to grab her in it's claws for further evisceration, but fails to get a solid grip.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Chelsea hovers behind the creature at a safe distance and blasts again with her energy attack.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 3) = 13


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Grant wondered if he could recreate his attack a second time. These creatures seemed very mobile if how varried his successful hits have been are an indicator. But he had faith in himself, however strange these new abilities were.

Taking a Few steps forward, he leaped up into the air with his hands brought together behind his head. When he neard the creature on his descents he brought his fists down upon the it's back with immense force, hoping to spike it into the ground below!

Awesome Blow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Grant's powerful fist finishes off the last of the creatures, leaving the heroes standing alone on a quiet street. Surveying the area, there seem to have been several minor car accidents as people fell asleep at the wheel. The highways were probably much worse, especially if this gas had stretched all the way up to interstate 80 on the north end of Cavelier.

The winds were beginning to disperse the gas in the air.


Alexander started moving to any car wrecks that looked like someone might be hurt. "We should probably check the wounded and then see if there any more of those creatures."


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

Grant takes a deep breath, stairing at his gore covered hands. God have mercy. Y... Yes. Yeah, of course." Grant starts looking around the scene, searching for the worst crashes first.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

I would presume, being an MD, that Lucretcia would be relatively quick to start looking at the wounded as well.

As the heroes check in on the crash victims, street lights come back on, and within a few minutes, sirens begin to sound throughout the city in all directions. Soon, a string of ambulances leaves the Medical Center traveling in various directions. It seems the gas has worn off for most people, with little or no ill effect.

Grant manages to free an older man trapped in a Toyota by ripping the smashed door off its hinges, but that was harder than it should have been. Slowly, he feels his strength waning, and a familiar weakness and unsteadiness begins to return.

You have earned 3 XP. There's an Advancement chart on the discussion page that, I think, explains everything. Let me know if there are any questions.


Female Human

After taking a quick check over the nearby victims, she watches the ambulances file out of the medical center before calling to the others, We need to talk about this. Medical center, midnight. Hopefully this will all calm down by then! before jogging to the aforementioned medical center for what was ineveitably to be a rough day.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

As Lucretcia leaves the group with the imperative of meeting up at midnight (It's early evening now), Grant's phone rings.

"Dad, it's Gabby! Are you okay? Something weird is going on. I fell asleep all of a sudden, and when I woke up the power was flashing and sirens were going off!"


Chelsea rolls her eyes. Yeah, it will be real easy to sneak out of the house and get all the way downtown at midnight...oh, wait! she thought. It WILL be easy because I can freakin' fly now!

"Catch you later," the young Vietnamese American says as she heads toward the parking garage. Just enough time to stop by Joshua's house on the way home...


Male "White Collar" | Human 17/36 HP | AC 18 | TAC 12+2 Vs. FA | CMD 24 | Action Points: 5/5 | DR 6/-

After handing off the man to an incoming EMT, Grant finally finds himself loose complete ability to keep walking. He manages to slowly collapse himself onto the ground in time to answer his phone. "You're alright? Thank god... Listen, try to stay inside, there's been some kind of... City-wide Gas leak. It seems to finally be clearing up, just try to stay put okay? The roads are blocked, so I'm going to be home late. There should be a box of macaroni in the pantry you can make for yourself."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Midnight," Alexander agreed, walking away. So...when is this trip going to stop? Or am I really going to have the power to teleport and crush the minds of those who fight me? It was an odd thought, and Alexander's mind felt odd...free.

As people came to, he could hear the static of there minds. Just a fizzle in the background, really, but if he looked, and concentrated...

...what happened, did I have an epileptic fit again?

...oh for f***s sake, I've got blood on my shirt

...whoa, the car is a right off.

...I feel so weird.

...the kids OK?

...ugh, feel like crap...

Dozens and dozens of thoughts. It took little effort to read those service thoughts, really. Maybe he should have read one of the creatures. Would he even understand them? It was worth a try net time.

51 to 100 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / D20 Heroes Playtest All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.