Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Curs't by Falling Stars

Game Master KivAltskeller

A first level adventure between some friends of mine and I. We're still figuring a few things out but eventually we may include other folks.


1 to 50 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Ranger

Katapesh. The perpetual din and swarm of commerce is not for the feint of heart. Life can be very cheap, or very expensive, depending on who is the bidder...
The shadowy crime lord known to many as "Ruriel the Fey" has set his focus on negotiations for a piece of property on nearby Stonespine Island, where he hopes to construct a Pleasure Retreat. As an incentive to the property's current owner, he has procured a substantial quantity of Pesh and has recently commissioned the captain and crew of The Bonaventura to act as his couriers.

As our story continues Tzi'kazochi, Half-Elf bon-vivant and sailor aboard The Bonaventura has just reconnected with Captain Eron.

"I've done many gray things in my time on the sea, but this is new. We're drug pushers, my boy...I need a drink." The day approaches its close, and with that the adventurers head to Jerikal's a rough and tumble watering hole near the docks.

Ruriel, not one known for his trusting nature, has assigned two of his Half-Orc bodyguards to accompany the shipment: Awrl, Ruriel's right hand and Hako, up-and-coming star of the Gladitorial Arenas around Katapesh follow the men surreptitiously to Jerikal's.

Meanwhile, on Stonespine Island, Molgo the Witch, disciple of Baba Yaga, makes a wary trek from his remote and isolated cabin in search of supplies at the nearest human settlement, a good day's walk away. En route, he finds a most curious boat moored and abandoned. Investigation of the circumspect landing reveals mysterious runes and magical heat, which fill the Witch-man with worry and a good amount of fear. As the sun sets and the stars rise, he sees a shooting star. And another. And another.

"This bodes ill," he says, and decides to make his camp for the night. He will soon be troubled by strange dreams.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

I think you have to add me (and Vic and Boogie need to make characters on here. Yayy!


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Hmmm. Looks like you're in both the Player and Character tabs to me!


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

Yup, I'm in! Avi changed to differentiate from ze GM. ;)


Yaargh! Hako is here, alias of that puny Voomer.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

bah, posted as Kanthuun!


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Well met, all. And I imagine Molgo will be joining us by and by!


Male Human Witch

Had to get home, but I am here


Male Human Witch

Sleeping is what I am doing! How do I talk then. Hmph.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

for out of character stuff, or in the discussion thread we can go

here's a dice roll
Check Out Your Mom1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

You can Preview to see how your dice rolled--you can't 'refresh' to change your roll, I don't think, and that would be cheeeating...and then you can react accordingly...

His mother is a right looker, mused Tsi'. "I have...an errand to run..." Tsi' faded off to the left, whistling.

oops, I wrote this all in past tense. Anyhoo.

Also, this


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

Kanthuun entertains Eron as Jerikal's comes within sight. "Captain! We should enjoy the time we have on shore. It's not like we've seen many nubile maidens out on the high seas, and Katapesh must be full of them! Unless you count mermaids, and if you're asking me, they really should be fish on top and..." He continues his icthyological speculations with Eron, taking in the evening sights.


Who's Kanthuun? Isn't it Tsi who's accompanying Ebon to Jerkal's?

Hako and Awrl are following at medium distance. Tsi expects to see Hako at the bar, and two half-orcs don't make the sneakiest pair. As he walks, Hako imagines the taste of Jerkal's ale on his tongue, and he wonders about this elf (or half-elf? Hako hasn't had a lot of experience with either type). Tsi looks so puny, but he handled the portside attempted mugging deftly and with confidence. Hako thinks there may be something to gain from further observation, if nothing else to size him up in case he and Eron decide to double-cross Ruriel.

Hako's stealth roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Hako is lost in thought and stumbles into the streetside display of a pots and pan vendor...


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

Eric keeps switching his names due to excess tiredness and two campaigns.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Hako and Awrl, while doing their level best to blend in with the crowd, find the crowd in the bazaar parting as they follow their quarry. To any who are paying attention, these two brutes stand out like a sore thumb.
HOWEVER, Tsi and Captain Eron are so mired in their conversation about the comparative merits of fish-women vs. real women they pay no attention. Eron and Tzi arrive at Jerkal's without incident, and a moment or two later so do Hako and Awrl. You sidle up to opposite sides of the very long bar and in turn you are attended by Ahk-met, a slender man in a linen shirt with purple eyes.

"Hard currency only, no barter. What is your pleasure?"

Molgo, as you lay your head back against a knotted tree with a large overhang, you try to put the sight of the shooting stars out of your head. Your eyelids bob and grow heavy, and just before you succumb to sleep, you are BONKED on the head. You turn around you and there, larger than life is the crone herself, Baba Yaga. She holds her pestle with one hand and a large club in the other.

"A sure way to get one's throat slit is to fall asleep when there is strangeness about, Molgo. She cackles.


Jerkal's homebrew. No dead rat in it this time.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Awrl snorts in agreement and slaps you on the back. Several patrons slide away from you. Ahk-met sneers and turns to get your drinks.

"You had better be ready out there. Ruriel doesn't take kindly to failure. These two don't look like much trouble, but once we've set sail who knows what scum we may come across." He spits on the ground.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

"Two fine wheat ales, if you please, with some of those famous lemons you have in these latitudes. ...and perhaps a little extra honey wine for my Captain here," says Tsi'kazochi, first with a disarming smile, and then a glance at his longfaced boss.

Tsi' glances around to take in the sights.

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

I'm pretty sure I'll notice those half-orcs now...


"Don't worry about me, Awrl. I know well the scum of the sea, and I didn't survive this long by letting what few opportunities have come my way slip through my fingers. As you know, the orc don't much coddle their young, and the likes of us got coddled much less." Subtly gesturing towards Tsi, "Not like them elves that hang onto their mama's teats until the age of 25."

for good measure, perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Woo Hoo! Look at that roll! Of course, there may not be much to spot right now...


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Ahk-met returns to Awrl and Hako and leaves two flagons of some dark liquid in front of you. He puts out his hand for payment. Awrl nudges you to pay, Hako. You put down two coins, Ahk-met bites one to make sure it's real and walks away from you. You follow his movement casually and see at the end of the bar Tzi and Capt. Eron receiving their drinks with a good deal more cordiality than was bestowed upon you. Tzi, you put down two coins as well, and Eron offers a toast.

"To the sea, my boy. May the gods you worship guide us...but look the other way once we get where we're going."

As you clink glasses and take your first gulp, you see Hako and Awrl starring you down at the end of the bar.

And you both notice shadowy figures moving behind you...

Back on Stonespine Island, Baba Yaga shifts her weight back and forth and sniffs the air. "Molgo, you simple minded fool! You among all should know that foul things run in the dark! I have better things to do than watch after you, but the others tell me that you may yet play a part in what's to come. Now before I kick you in the seat of your pants to get you on your way, do you have any boon to ask of your Baba?"


In one movement, Hako grasps one of the throwing axes hung at his waist and turns to face the shadowy figures -- not so dramatically so as to look foolish if the figures are nothing sinister, but fast enough to take effective action.


Male Human Witch

"Lady Fine, your abuse is always my pleasure. I do not like the portents plastered about the plain. Heh. I know your eye sees all. This boat. This floating filth that burns and confounds me. What does your beautiful milky eyes see?"

Molgo picks his nose.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

"Molgo, the Adepts of Blackfire are at hand. And they call down the stars for their own grim ends. Mayhaps you'll prove a hero, mayhaps you'll prove a fool. Only you can decide that. In the meantime, I'd turn around if I were you." And with that she mounts her mortar* and flies off into the night, cackling. You realize that you are not dreaming...nor are you alone.

Boogie, roll initiative. And *: when I said pestle earlier, I TOTALLY meant mortar!

Hako, you turn around into a group of 3 young, fresh faced men with daggers drawn. They do not budge.


Hako stands and grasps his orc double axe with his other hand (it can be wielded one or two handed). So, if he makes it to his feet, he stands with a throwing axe in one hand and his orc axe in the other. All 6 foot 6 of ritually scarred half-orc-edness. Loud enough that others around can hear, he declares: "I don't know what your business is young humans, but this is not a fight you want to bring on yourselves."
intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Since this is new to me, do I show my dice rolls too?


Male Human Witch

Molgo spins around gripping Mr. Stick tightly. "Mr. Rat, wake up, Mr. Rat!"
initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

In past games, it was always behind GM screen, so I'd think not.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

Hey Hako, using Intimidate during combat is a standard action, so I'm not sure you can swing your axe and demoralize in the same round. I think. Just letting you know. There may be a half-orc feat to get around this...

Shiprot! thinks Tsi'. Instinctively he stands in front of Captain Eron to block attackers and draws his gleaming starknife. "Captain! Bore up and 'ware arms!" Yay, mariner lingo!

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Hey Kiv, you can also roll all of our Initiatives in the future if you'd like, so you can set the combat order. I'll be putting up all of my data on Tsi's Paizo page ASAP.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

By the way...am I wearing my armor, or did I leave it on the ship? :D I am not sure I walk around in it all day...pity...could come in handy...


Hako's intention is to spend a standard action to intimidate the assailants, if he has the opportunity to do so before they attack. Although Katapesh is pretty lawless, he's learned it's wise for half-orcs to avoid slaughtering humans in public unless it is really clear it was self-defense. If they attack first, he will attack back. Hako does, by the way, walk around in his studded leather.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

To be expected for a bruiser. :)


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Alright, let's start with Allen.
Molgo, you turn around to find yourself being overtaken by two men in blood red robes carrying torches. The attempt to pin you to the tree you were sleeping against.

Hako, two of the three young men back down but the third does not. You do have the upper hand on him, should you choose to do anything else.

Tzi, you are face to face with the young men who tried to start trouble with you in the bazaar. "You think we wouldn't follow you? You think we are afraid of Ruriel? When he sees how we handle you, he will make US his new men!" And unfortunately, as you did leave your armor on the ship, he slices across your belly. 2 damage. You feel the blood rush through your veins and are ready to attack.


Hako will sheathe his throwing axe and strike the remaining assailant with his orc double axe, but attempt to do nonlethal damage, which means a -4 to hit.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
He rolls a one, so misses miserably. I don't know if there are consequences to critical misses in your game.

By the way, it turns out the double axe takes two hands to wield, even if making just one attack, which is why Hako sheathed his throwing axe, using his move action

Hako's armor class is 16.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Go ahead and re-roll that to see if there is added hilarity.


attack re-rolled: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 21

A 20! That should have been my first roll.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Hako, while your attack wildly misses your target, it DOES cleave a nearby table in half, sending its occupants and your opponents scrambling for the door. Awrl laughs and downs his drink. You hear a scuffle from the opposite side of the bar and see the Half-Elf toe to toe with his assailants.


Excellent. There WAS added hilarity! Hako is pleased he still came off scary, if a little inaccurate. Hako heads over to where Tsi is. Can't have the Captain and his crew skewered before we hit the Inner Sea.

Once he gets there he guesses at who stabbed Tsi (perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8) and attacks twice, non-lethally:
attack one: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
attack two: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8

I'm assuming both of those missed. Obviously, I'll await Eric's return to the thread before doing any further attacks.


Male Human Witch

"I will not be your pretty girl tonight, ruby-robed rapscallions!"
Molgo's CMD is 11 to avoid the pin. If they're unsuccessful, a quick rap on the closest one's skull should dissuade him.
Quarterstaff attack
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

my actions should be before Hako--let's see what I get to do.

Tsi' snarls. "Motherless dogs--taste my starknife!" He drives the wicked four-bladed instrument at his assailant, heedless of the pain in his abdomen.

1d20 ⇒ 7

uh oh.


has awesome hair
Stats:
Init +6 Per +9 | AC 17/T 17/ FF 15 | HP 58/58 | F +8/R + 5/ W +7

in the unlikely event I hit...

1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human Witch

Oh, yeah, in case I hit...
Quarterstaff Damage
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Male Half-Elf Ranger

The close quarters of Jerikal's make fighting a difficult proposition at best. The two young men take advantage of Hako's approach and the ensuing flood of people moving AWAY from the angry half orc to avoid all attacks against them. They have put a bit of distance from yourself and them, and Captain Eron has drawn his blade to join in the fray.

"You impudent bastards! How dare you attack Tzi! GOOD HELP IS HARD TO FIND!" And he bounds towards them.

Molgo, with a decisive BONK on the head, one of your foes crumples to the ground. The other, a bit taken aback lets go of you. Mr. Rat is hissing wildly, but will not quite approach them.


When it is Hako's turn to act, he wants to sheathe his axe and try to tackle and hold down one of the assailants.
Grapple check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Hako's attempt to grapple provokes an attack of opportunity, against AC 16. Hako's CMD is 18, which is the DC for the opponent to break the grapple. If Hako holds the grapple he will attempt to pin the next round. I assume Hako's still using the 10 initiative roll from before.


Male Human Witch

"Not so tough now, when you're...well, unconscious! And for you, Mr. Red Number Two, start spouting out the sinister secrets of your silly sequestering of your's truly!"
Molgo begins making elaborate gestures to indicate he's about to cast a very impressive and most dangerous spell that will most likely flay the flesh from his assailant's bones. As much as his minor spells can.


Male Half-Elf Ranger

While you gather yourself for a second strike, Molgo, the remaining robed figure trips and his hood falls backward. You see the face of a young man no older than 20, but his eyes looks like red-grey marbles, full of fear. He puts a hand up. "WAIT!

Hako, you manage to push your way through the crowd and are able to hold one of the young men in place. He struggles a bit but quickly realizes he has made a huge mistake. You turn back to Awrl who has his arm around a very frightened looking bar patron, laughing and pointing your way.

Captain Eron is attempting to make his way through the crowd to teach the other young man a lesson. Tzi, the wound isn't bleeding but it is definitely painful. Do you summon your courage to give chase?

For what it's worth, imagine Captain Eron looking like a satan-bearded Jeff Fahey in a Privateer's outfit.


Hako pins the youth and tells him, "you and me have some talking to do", then he flashes Awrl a thumbs up and toothy grin, mugging for Awrl's benefit while basically sitting on the youth.


Male Human Witch

"Oh, now I wait? Now you have me to wait while you formulate another ferocious frenzy of fists? Who do you think I am, Jeff Fahey!?!? Mr. Rat! Show him your teeth! Show him what waits for him if he twitches even so much as a nosehair!" Molgo shouts this, not sparing the spittle.


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

Tsi' snarls and rushes after the escaping man, starknife in hand. "Yaahhhh!" he cries, usual cleverness lost in incoherent anger.

Tsi'kazochi uses Agile Feet as a free action to jump over anything--and anyone--in his way unhindered, caring little for the "difficult terrain" of the bar. He gets this for the next round. In addition--without armor, his move rate is 40' due to Travel Domain. You BET he's going to run that motherless dog down!


M Half-Elf (Bonuwat) Cleric 1st Level

Nice fourth wall break, Molgo. :P


Male Human Witch

*bows*


Male Half-Elf Ranger

Katapesh: Captain Eron clumsily shoves his way through the crowd and manages to pin the young man in a corner booth along with its current occupants. Tzi, you can hear them exchanging bravado as you deft move across the bar, using the floor and the patrons to propel you along in equal measure. You quickly close the gap. The young man is panicked, and his eyes and dagger dart between you and the Captain.

"Were it me, lad, I'd have cut you stem to stearn before it'd come to this. But now we've got you in a bind, and I think I'll let my Mate decide how he wants his revenge for such a cheap blow."

I realize, out of context, that sounds a little filthy. Oh well. Tzi, the boy's fate is on you.

Hako, the young man struggles under your weight, occasionally threatening you with greater violence should you let him up. Silly boy. Awrl saunters over to you as the action dies down. He leans down and gets your captive's face.

"If you weren't afraid of Ruriel before, you are now. Would you like us to take you to him?"

Stonespine: Mr. Rat moves toward the hooded man with a rabid snarl, which sends him crawling backwards. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! You were supposed to be asleep! And it would have been him what done it! I may be a coward, but sure I'm no murderer! Please, let me go! I won't tell the others I saw you!"


Male Human Witch

"And you would have sat there, mewling like a babe as my liquid life spilled onto the Spine of the Sea?!?! Others!??! What others are The Others? An island this is, but I am no Lost one! Speak now, boy, or Mr. Rat will feast on Brazen Peak Oysters, if you catch what I'm hurling!"
Intimidate 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

1 to 50 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curs't by Falling Stars All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.