Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


201 to 250 of 1,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The crocodile released Senjin, he is no longer grappled.


DM Cloud

Spoiler:
I was actually using this function of the Paladin's ability: As a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.


Damersel:

Ah, thanks, missed some of those key differences. You don't detect any evil from the crocodile.


female Tian Rogue 1

Yamiko will Attempt A Coup De Grace on the sleeping Crocodile with her chain.

4d4 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 4) + 10 = 21

the crocodile has to make a DC31 fortitude save or it dies. i also beleive a coup de grace is a special full round action that automatically hits and autoconfirms a critical hit as well.

her chain wraps around the beasts neck as she attempts to tear it's head off from it's sockets. there seemed no way that the bloody beast could survive this lucky hit.


The crocodile gurgles harshly on its own blood following Yamiko's mighty blow, but somehow manages to hold onto life, although it remains senseless.

20 on the saving throw, but it's well into negative HP territory.

DM Rolls:

Croc fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Nice job, Yamiko! Let's get Senjin some help!"


female Tian Rogue 1

i can attempt to relieve his bleeding but i fear we are going to need further help. i'm sure i can probably ask Tomoe for a pre initiation favor. while her sweet and tender side is still remaining. i figure she will be a lot less cooperative after i initiate her.


female Tian Rogue 1

assuming the fight is over

Yamiko will attempt to use the application of pressure to stabalize senjin's wounds. after she wraps her chain back around her upper body.

heal check, DC15, take 10. 16 total.

her application of pressure may have stabalized the bleeding shoanti male.

she will also guarantee that the crocdile will never stabalize and will bleed to death slowly and painfully. and she will make this same guarantee of Lamm as well. that both die a bloody horrible death. she will smear Gaedren's blood all over chain and enjoy licking every last drop of it, just as she promised she would do. in a fashion most vile and demonic. Lamm, how much do you like lying in darkness? devoid of any senses? devoid of all but your vile beast to serve as your companion? answer me Gaedren, do you appreciate this fate? Yamiko then enters a phase of psychotic maniacal laughter.


Combat is officially over. Yamiko's heal check is good enough to stabilize Senjin. Since she spent a round coup-de-gracing the crocodile before making the heal check, he'll need to make another stabilize check to see if he is at -8 or -9.


Stabilization roll ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Nope..short of anyone else stabilizing that round Senjin is -9


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"He's stable? Good of you all not to hold a grudge that he killed Lamm without you. I'm going to check if Lamm has any valuables around here. I'd suggest some of you look for flammable material that'll help this place burn. That's going to have to serve as your vengeance. Besides, it'll send a message to whoever these urchins find themselves working for next. If you're not looking for kindle or carrying the Sable man out of here, you might check the rest of the building to make sure none of the kids are still here when it goes up."

"S'cuse me, kiddo." Rutter crouches down at the side of the maniacal girl to search Lamm's corpse.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 to search Lamm

Rutter then goes to the room in the corner. He checks the door for traps and picks the lock.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 to search for traps
Disable device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 to disable a trap (if applicable)
Disable device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 to pick lock (if applicable, will retry unless it's beyond his capabilities)
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 to search the room for valuables

Unless there's something to react to in the corner room, Rutter will then come out and look through the junk on the table, to see if anything catches his eye. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 to check the junk-covered table.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Doesn't matter to me how it happens, as long as he can't hurt anyone anymore. And I dont think we need to burn the place down. As scared as those kids seemed of that dog, Id wager they weren't here voluntarily. Besides that, I dont think the local authorities would take kindly to us burning the building down before they get a chance to check it themselves."

Copper stands by, waiting to see if anyone agrees with him, while watching Rutter at his methodical work.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"What about you, Yamiko? Damsersel? What now?"


female Tian Rogue 1

i have a position within the Korvosan legal system. i could say to them that Lamm was likely slain by the very children he tortured. and push to find new homes for these helpless youths. and maybe push for someone to nudge them into learning the skills of a more honest trade. the tools of justice vary from situation to situation Yamiko says, her laughter progressively calming down as she licks the last drop of Gaedrens blood from her chain. this building should not be burned down, it should be kept as a memory to remind the city of Lamm's mistakes and how much harm it brought to the people. a painful memory it may be, but it can serve as a lesson to future generations. maybe it may prevent the chance of another man wearing Lamm's boots.


Rutter opens the door to the small room and steps inside, he spends several minutes going through it.

Rutter:

Searching Lamm's corpse, you find little of value except for his hand crossbow (masterwork) and dagger (also masterwork). Of more interest is a ring of keys fastened to his belt. The door to the room is apparently not trapped and confirming your hunch, one of the keys on the ring fits the lock.

The door opens to a foul-smelling room that seems to be a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy mattress stands against the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby. At the foot of the bed sits a large strongbox, a slighty rusted lock securing its lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is in one corner—what appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this dresser.

Your instincts for finding valuables serve you well and with a little bit of persuasion, another key on the chain opens the strongbox at the foot of the bed. Within it, you find potpourri of parcels, including the following:
* a teak cigar case inset with jade
* a gold ingot bearing the Cheliax coat of arms
* a scrimshaw of a kraken with garnets for eyes
* a silver ring bearing the inscription "For Emmah - the light in my nights"
* an ivory figure of two scandalously entwined succubi
* an adamamtine arrowhead
* a masterwork shuriken
* an abalone-shell holy symbol of Shelyn
* a tiny glass tube containing some sort of dark liquid
* an thin rod of obsidian two feet in length
* a crystalline vial with a light, shimmering liquid in it
* a bejeweled brooch with a broken clasp. It is made of gold and depicts a small dragon and an imp coiled around each other. It has two valuable stones inset in the eyes and is obviously very valuable.

After sorting through the items in the chest, the hatbox is the next logical objective. Upon opening it, the stench of rotting flesh assails you, holding your breath, you look back at the box and are stunned to find a severed head. But the the disturbing part is not the presence of such an object, after all, Lamm was a deranged man, but that it is apparently the head of Zellara, the very woman who foretold your Harrowing not more than an hour ago!


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

DM Cloud:
Rutter puts the lid back on the hat box. "Huh." I guess that's how she could see through tapestries. She was probably there the whole time. He searches his mind. Bugger! I didn't take anything, did I? He realizes he should be safe from her wrath, but now the question of what to do with the head. She didn't say anything about retrieving it, but maybe that's why she's still hanging around. We ought to give it a proper sending off. I don't want her bugging me next. But then he realizes he doesn't know what a proper sending off is. Most folks he knows just get dumped in the river or buried outside of town. If they were worthy, you might say a few words, just so it didn't seem so impersonal, but real burials are expensive. Same with the sailor that died while he was working on the boat. They just wrapped him up, said a few words about Gozreh taking him back, and dumped him overboard. Rutter smiles at his own indecision. Oh well, I guess we can just ask her... He takes the two vials of liquid out of the lockbox and puts them in his pocket. He then tries to fit the hatbox in the lockbox, and then goes outside to get help with the lockbox. If he can't fit the hatbox in the lockbox, he'll try to find something to tie it up with, so he can carry it when they leave, or a sack to carry the head, or something to make it easier to carry with his free hand.

Rutter comes out of the room in the corner and pulls two vials of liquid out of his pocket. One contains a dark liquid, and the other one is a crystalline vial with a light, shimmering liquid in it. "Can any of you tell what these are? Maybe one'll help the Sable man back on his feet."

He'll hand them off to anyone who thinks they can identify them, and then root through the stuff on the table. As he does, he considers the people present. He wasn't so sure the girl was insane before, but seeing her in action and her blood-licking orgasm confirmed it. The paladin was probably too honest for someone like Rutter to trust. The Sable Man is honest, but not too honest to let Rutter do what he needs to do... but he's also unconscious. Which leaves the spellcaster. He hasn't shown extremes in either direction, so he'll do. "Hey wizard, come help me carry a lockbox out of here. We'll check it back at the harrower's - I want her to see it when we open it. Then, looking at Damersel: "Can you get the Sable guy?" Then, to Yamiko: "And can you bring his weapon? The rest of us'll have our hands full." And then to all together: "If you're not going to burn the place down, let's get out of here."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper smirks at Rutter, " Im no wizard, but Yea, I'll help you carry the trunk. Lets get out of here."

Should we take Senjin somewhere to get some healing before going back to see the Harrower?


Damersel moves to the Shoantis side attempting to lift him over his shoulder. "Lets get out of here. The smell is brining back to many bad memories. At least it's over."


Let me know if the party wants to take any action before the next step in the plot. You can do anything that takes 10-15 minutes. And you won't be in any immediate danger.... but interesting things may happen....


Rutter:

As you place the hatbox inside the trunk, you notice a small, well-made wooden box under it. Opening it, you find that it contains a harrow deck. Your curiosity piqued, you flip quickly through it, searching for the symbol of the Juggler that got you into this mess in the first place. Although there is nothing written on the back of the card, you swear that it is the same one that you found in the spider's web this morning.


female Tian Rogue 1

Yamiko says, we should take Senjin to recieve some healing. and we don't want to be here when the city watch comes. i shall gladly hold his bardiche. she then prepares to help the group leave. assuming the group is ready to leave, she will accompany them. and possibly escort them to sweet sweet Tomoe and ask her for a pre initiation favor.


Her blood-lust dulling a bit, Yamiko sees Damersel struggling to carry the wounded Shoanti and gestures to lay him back down. She whispers some dark sounding words and lays her small hand gently on Senjin's chest.

Although his labored breathing grows easier and some of his wounds close, he remains unconscious. Yamiko shakes her head "The vile beast wounded this one badly, he is beyond my skill to heal."


Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


As Yamiko rises, the party's consciousness, which has been wrapped up in the violent revenge they have just taken upon Lamm and his henchmen, begins to become aware of the world around it. Something is awry in the streets of Korvosa, there are sounds of bells ringing in the distance, something that is unheard of at night except in times of great danger. Above the sound of the river's waters, you can also hear the sound of agitated voices raised loudly and people hurrying to and fro in the street. Normally the docks are quiet at this time of night except for the occasional drunken sailor.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"I think we need to get out of the streets quick, and get Senjin to a healer."

Knowledge: local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 to know of a nearby place to take Senjin for healing.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter looks back and forth between the unconscious sable guy and the lockbox. "Grrr... yeah, let's get him healed, first." A grin creeps across his face. "Yeah. Let's be quick, though."

knowledge local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Not sure if I know a place to take him, though. Most places I've been before wouldn't be too comfortable with a sable man walking in. Er, carried in."


Senjin is up to -1. Close but no cigar.

The worst of the gnawed leg seems to knit itself back together. Senjin's unconscious mind slowly nears the surface. He seems to mutter to himself, occasionally a deep chuckle is heard.

being stable for an hour allows a character to roll a Con10 check to awaken and function as disabled. This roll is affected by the negative hit point level...Con 11 in this case with +2 on the roll. So depending on how long this takes Senjin might be able to limp away.


Copper and Rutter plumb their minds for knowledge of a healer nearby, unfortunately, there are few healers that you know of in this district of town. The closest place that is likely to admit you at this hour is the temple of Sarenrae, due to Damersel's presence. However, even that is about a half hour walk up Field Marshal Avenue towards Castle Korvosa.

Resolute to be away from this place and to reach the temple, the group makes its way clumsily back up the rope and through Lamm's warehouse, now eerily quiet. Upon reaching the streets, a scene of chaos unfolds before their eyes. Amidst the clanging of the alarm bells, gangs of men rush to and fro in the streets, bared steel often present in their hands. You hear occasional cries of "The king is dead! Long live the queen!" alternating with cries of "Hang the queen!" and "The usurper whore must die!" Obviously something grievous has occurred while the group has fought their own personal battle.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"I think it would be wise of us to avoid taking sides in this arguement at least long enough to get Senjin someplace to be healed. Damersel, do you think it feasible to make for your god's temple?"

Knowledge: local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 to know if the king had any kinds of health issues known to the people which would make this sound less like he was murdered and more like he just died from old age or something.


"We could make it" The half-elf says. "But it could take a good half an hour. It may be our only choice though." Seeing the commotion in the streets. "Hopefully this doesn't take longer. It seems the city is in turmoil. Our king is dead."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Then let's get moving. We may want to keep off the main streets to keep from getting caught up in all this comotion. Rutter, do you know of any alleys or sideroads to help get us to the temple without us being exposed to the crowd too much?"


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

knowledge: local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"I think so. Let's get moving. Take the next right."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Can we skip to arriving at the temple, or are we destined to run into something/someone on the streets?


Rutter guides the party through the side-alleys to the temple of Sarenrae. You encounter few of the partisan groups in the streets, and those that you do are content to pass you by, noting your weapons and lack of obvious affiliation. The chaos seems to be escalating, the Sable Guard is out in full force and just before you reach the temple, you have to duck back into an alleyway to avoid a contingent of hellknights clad in dark iron armor and horned helms pursuing a small gang of
what appear to be looters.

The priests of Sarenrae are hesitant to let you enter the temple, but upon recognizing Damersel, they allow you inside. They are still view you warily as you wait for the attention of the healer. At this point, Yamiko takes her leave, saying "I must join my patron's forces at the Castle in this time of chaos. Thank you for your help gaining my vengeance on Lamm. I shall make sure to deal with any legal complications that may arise from our actions tonight."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Thank you, and good luck."

After making sure no one save Damersel is close enough to hear, Copper leans in closer to Rutter, "So what did you find in the chest?"


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter sat back against the wall, with a foot on the trunk, as he and Copper waited for Damersel and Senjin. He watched the priests as closely as they watched him.

He answered Copper with a whisper: "Shh. Not here." He nodded subtly towards the priests eyeing the two.


A priest helps Damersel carry Senjin to a small chamber where a young priest is napping. He rises, obviously exhausted, but rises to examine Senjin. Upon seeing the bite wounds on his legs, he looks up at Damersel "I don't know what you were about young warrior, but be careful, these are the most dangerous of times and the Dawnflower will have need of all of her followers." The priest meditates on his holy symbol and speaks a short prayer.


Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Once Senjin has awoken, the priest speaks to him: "Guardsman, we have treated your wounds without question because you came in the company of one of our holy warriors. However, I hope that you remember the service that Sarenrae has rendered you. The coming days will be perilous and we may well need the assistance of the Sable Guard."

Copper and Rutter:


You both know that King Eodred II has not been seen in public for several weeks. There have been growing rumors that he was ill, of course they were refuted by anyone associated with the crown.


Damersel and Senjin are ushered back to waiting area where Copper and Rutter await. It is obvious by the attitudes of the church attendants that while Damersel is welcome to stay, his new-found companions are not.


Senjin looks about at the strange churchy surroundings and also takes in the noise from the street.

Looking down at the torn length of the armor on his leg and then up to Damersal, the paladin seemingly having brought him too his station. "Thank you for helping me...actually all of you, I guess. Last thing I remember was a gator grabbing hold of my leg. ....Seems right that such a beast would be his only friend in the end. But did you hear that bastard Lamm think I was soft? Gods what he does with them kids..he probably that the gator was soft too!

Pausing as more yelling in the street is heard..with a dry chuckle.."Is the word out? Are we heroes?...I knew a lot of people hated Lamm, but that seems excessive."


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"Come on, let's get out of here. This place gives me the creeps." He glances at Damersel. "Er, no offence."

When they get outside, he directs them around the side of the church to a discreet alley. "Lemme have your bags. I don't want to keep carrying this lockbox around. They might think we looted it. Someone get the Sable man up to speed, while I empty this." He opens the lockbox and brings out a hatbox that he sets on the ground close to his feet. Then he starts emptying the rest of the box into the proffered bags, starting with a small, well made wooden box. Other items brought out of the box include:

* a teak cigar case inset with jade
* a gold ingot bearing the Cheliax coat of arms
* a scrimshaw of a kraken with garnets for eyes
* a silver ring bearing the inscription "For Emmah - the light in my nights"
* an ivory figure of two scandalously entwined succubi
* an adamamtine arrowhead
* a masterwork shuriken
* an abalone-shell holy symbol of Shelyn
* an thin rod of obsidian two feet in length
* a bejeweled brooch with a broken clasp. It is made of gold and depicts a small dragon and an imp coiled around each other. It has two valuable stones inset in the eyes and is obviously very valuable

When he pulls out the last item, he hesitates for a moment and looks up at the others before putting it in the bag. He hands the bags off to the others, and he picks up the hatbox.

"Hopefully, we can still find someone willing to move this stuff with everything going on. Let's get back to Zellara's." He starts heading back to the street, leaving the emptied lockbox behind. He looks behind him to make sure the rest are bringing the loot.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper quickly offers up his pack for Rutter to fill, and checks his crossbow, to assure it is still loaded and ready to fire.

Knowledge Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 to know if the 'thin rod of obsidian two feet in length is a wand, just by sight.

"After you fell, Damersel rushed to rescue you, I put the croc to sleep, and Yamiko finished it off with her chain. Rutter found this trunk in the back room behind where you killed Lamm, and we left. When we got outside, there were shouts about the King being dead, and some people praising the new Queen, while others seem to think she had something to do with the King's death from what I gathered. Yamiko ran off to see to her 'mistress' and we brought you here."
Looking to Damersel and Rutter, "Did I miss anything?"

Has an hour gone by since we entered Lamm's building? If so, my Mage Armor has expired.


Senjin takes all that in, angry more at himself that so much has happened while he was unconscious. "The King is dead?... He looks up and sees a hippogriff and rider soar over head. "Dung Bucket! The Company is out...! I have a pass, but I should return. Of all the nights..Well let's quickly report to Zellara that justice has been done, then I should depart."


Copper, you can't tell whether the obsidian rod is a wand just by sight, although it is certainly of fine enough make to be enchanted. Your mage armor has expired in the trekking across the city.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Senjin, are you good to go? If so, I think we ought to be on our way.Are you coming, Damersel?"


"Yeah, let's get going"


Once more you venture back through the streets of Korvosa. Any hopes that you may have had that the unrest would die down as dawn draws near have been for nought. If anything, the mobs up in arms against Queen Ileosa have grown in number. The Queen’s supporters are also present, but in fewer numbers. However, they are reinforced by the Guard and more disturbingly, squadrons of Hellknights. Most of the businesses in town are boarded shut in fear of looting.

However, Rutter and Copper’s knowledge of the side streets combined with the intimidating presence of Damersel and Senjin get you back to Zellara’s house without conflict. But the real shock awaits you inside. The fine tapestries, sweet-smelling incense and well-made furniture is a thing of the past. The room that you shared bread and wine in just a few hours ago is completely deserted, the furniture broken and scattered about the room. A layer of dust covers everything, betraying that this was not the work of recent looters, in fact the entire place looks like it has been abandoned for weeks.

Neva:

You have spent most of the night in a difficult delivery, made more difficult as the news of the King's death spread. Despite the bells tolling and the cries in the street, you were able to bring the tailor's wife and her new son safely through the process. As exhaustion sets in and with a long trek home through unsafe streets, you decide to check in on your friend Zellara, who you haven't seen for weeks. Her house is close by and you know that her son has been missing for the past couple of months now. She would be happy for the company and perhaps she could provide you with a place to rest until the riots die down.

Arriving at her house, you are surprised to see four men entering it. All of them are armed and look like they have seen fighting tonight. One wears the garb of a Sable guardsmen and another the symbols that mark him as a holy warrior of Sarenrae.


Feel free to interact. I have a second part to this post that I'll post after you have a chance for an initial impression of the changed state of Zellara's house.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Upon seeing the room for what it truly is, words quietly and quickly fly from Copper's tongue as his flutter, "Openbaar aan me de magische energieën die me omringen."

Cast Detect Magic

"Anyone care to offer any guesses?"


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"I've got one. Zellara was murdered by Lamm, and her ghost summoned us all here to send us after Lamm to avenge her. Only thing I don't know is what to do with her remains." He holds up the hatbox, giving it a nod.


Senjin seems more confused than before. "That would explain how she knew to give me this Harrow Card...well not really explain, but...a ghost? really?" But he seems to take their word at it and makes no move to check the box. He moves over to the chair he sat at, and runs a finger through the dust. "Damn, Lamm killed so many people it seems the Heavens filled up and they let didn't have room for this one." He knocks on the table for luck, again noting the dust being disturbed.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper looks uneasily at the hatbox, "Interesting. Do you think it could have been someone impersonating her, to get us to go after Lamm for some ulterior motive? Did any of you have a history with her? I'd heard of her, obviously, but never met 'her' myself, until last night.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"Well, I guess it doesn't really matter if someone was impersonating her. If they were, they directed us where we wanted to go, and I'm pretty sure the head in this box is real, so I still want to dispose of it properly. If she is a ghost, I don't want her coming back to haunt me if she feels I desecrated her remains."

201 to 250 of 1,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.