Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,676 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Clarifications:
Felgar, because your movement was interrupted, you never had the opportunity to ready an action, therefore your attack was not held.

The knowledge for it would be dungeoneering. I looked through the PC's and didn't see anyone trained in it, so I didn't ask for a roll.

The mud is difficult terrain, but does not drop off.

Grappled, gives -4 to Dex, but between that and the penalty to firing into melee (-4), make it not a crit. With it being a large creature you did not incur the soft cover penalty (-4) provided by Felgar.

Rutter and Copper end up following Felgar into the room, Rutter avoiding the other tentacle as he does so. Copper fires, but his shot clatters off the wall of the tunnel. Neva, though, moves in and fires. Her bolt finds a spot in the bulbous mass, hitting easily, but not looking to do a lot beyond making the creature gurgle in surprise at the injury.

Round 2:

Rex - Double Moves to K8
Pravlox - Moves to I5, Loads crossbow
O - grappled Moves to N8, attacks Rex
Felgar - grappled Moves in, gets grappled, attempts to break free
Rutter - Moves to K10, cautiously
Copper - Moves to J7, attacks and misses

Neva - Moves to J9, hits with her crossbow

MAP


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 2

Rex moves forward 5' (L8), covering Pravlox's entrance into the room (K8), and reaches out with his neck once more to try to bite his foe.

bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Is it the otyugh's turn again?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry for the delay, I post from work (to avoid wife aggro from being on the forums too much), and had a busy couple of days.

Rex cranes his neck out to attack the blob, biting at the thing tenatively, and obviously not pleased to taste what is causing the odor to emanate off of it.

Unperturbed by the biting stings of bolt and tooth, the creature focuses on its newfound meal, looking to feed on something fresh it draws Felgar to its mouth. It holds the dwarf tight to prevent him from wriggling away, as it opens a slobbering maw to chomp down on Felgar's shoulder. The pain of both is noteworthy, and would have possibly dropped any of the others when paired with the injuries it caused in grabbing Felgar in the first place. "HMMM, NUMUMMY!" The breath, hot on Felgar's face, hints at there being the possibility that the dwarf may sick up.

Before I post the rolls, just let me say grapple and constrict is a pain rules-wise, especially on a multi-limbed creature.
CMD to maintain grapple 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 (ooh, good thing you can't crit on maintaining a grapple), success means constrict damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 and natural attack (bite) damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Felgar, make a DC 14 Fort save. By my count you are down to 2 hp? Is this correct?

Round 2:
Felgar - grappled
Rutter - Moves to K10, cautiously
Copper - Moves to J7, attacks and misses

Neva - Moves to J9, hits with her crossbow
Rex - Moves to L8, bites the enemy
Pravlox - Moves to K8
O - 9 total damage taken, grappled, maintains hold on Felgar

MAP


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

@Aardvark: Not sure if you just mistyped above, or not, but a CMD is NOT a modifier, it is like AC as a DC against CMB. If its CMB has a modifier of 18, then that is just sick and wrong. Yes, I agree, my HP are now down to 2.

Felgar attempts to break the grapple.

CMB: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Somebody...get...this...thing...off me!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

So, Im thinking if I use Enlarge Person on Falgar, then it might help you break the grapple.
Also, I know you get the constrict damage automatically, but I think you still have to roll for the regular attack roll, in this case the bite. I could be wrong though, cause Grapple rules are a pain, yes.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Grapple/Constrict:
It was supposed to be CMB, just a mistype on my part. It normally only has a +9, but the grab monster ability adds +4 to grapples. Also, when maintaining a grapple, the grapplers get a +5 to the roll. When maintaing a grapple as a standard action, on success you maintain as well as an additional effect. One of which is do natural attack damage. With constrict, when successfully maintaining a grapple, you automatically do constrict damage. I read them over and over, looked for forum questions, cross-referenced grapple/grab/constrict and how they all read. Even had one of my gamer friends looking over it with me. I'm just glad to not have had to go over all of it at the table, instead of a medium where I can take some time to have doone all the research.

Felgar, don't forget the DC 14 Fort save.

Felgar struggles to get his feet up against the thing to push against its hold on him. He finds no purchase, and is unsuccessful in wriggling free of the filthy mouth and tentacle.

Round 2:
Rutter - Moves to K10, cautiously
Copper - Moves to J7, attacks and misses

Neva - Moves to J9, hits with her crossbow
Rex - Moves to L8, bites the enemy
Pravlox - Moves to K8
O - 9 total damage taken, grappled, maintains hold on Felgar
Felgar - grappled, attempts to break the grapple


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 2, HP 21, AC 19 includes Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith active (3 min, +2 deflect bonus)

So, this thing has one or more tentacles free, right? So Rutter is right to be tentative about moving in closer? And this room was described as a sinkhole? Does that mean there's a big opening in the ceiling?

Rutter draws both his daggers, and throws one at the creature, knowing he'll probably never see it again.

Move action: draw weapons.
Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 (includes -4 for firing into melee and -2 for range)
Damage, if applicable: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

No opening above, just sunken all around the middle, the sink being more the floor around the edges. I can't find whether he can still make AoO's while he has someone grappled, but he does have one empty tentacle. He may be able to now that his turn has come back around.

Rutter stays back and tentatively tosses a dagger at the thing, concerned about hitting the wounded dwarf in its grip.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 2, 18/18hp, Mage Armor (16 AC), 3 Con dmg

Copper draws his newly purchased wand of Enlarge Person, points it at Felgar and utters the command word.

So Enlarge Person on Felgar. If for some reason you are going to make me do a miss chance to accidently hit the monster instead, then I just delay for now. :P
Also, Im not sure how this applies to creatures with tentacles and such (cause I really think it shouldnt), but if a creature tries to maintain one grapple and start another (using one arm each, for example), it takes a -20 on grapple checks. Dont remember where that rule is, but I know ive seen it. I could look it up if youd like.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Thanks Copper - hope it works!


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

OOC Grapple Rules Description:

Here's my $.02 on -20, AoOs and hitting the wrong target:

If the Otyugh wants to avoid the "grappled" condition itself after making its grab attack, it can take -20 to its CMB for making and maintaining the grapple. From the universal monster rule "grab": "The creature has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply to use the part of its body it used in the grab to hold the opponent. If it chooses to do the latter, it takes a –20 penalty on its CMB check to make and maintain the grapple, but does not gain the grappled condition itself."

If the Otyugh doesn't want to take this -20, it would be using all its tentacles, mouth, etc to grapple its foe and thus can't make AoOs, per the rules on grappled condition, first paragraph, last sentence: "Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity."

Pathfinder doesn't have the 3.0 rule that says there is a chance to hit a grappled ally. And even if there was, it wouldn't apply to a spell with a specific target of "one humanoid creature" and a range of "close", as this doesn't require an attack roll.

Ah, grappling. It doesn't matter which version you play, it's always confusing. :-)

Round 3: 20/20hp. Assuming monster is fully grappling Felgar and thus can't take AoO per above
Neva gasped as Felgar was squeezed and bitten mercilessly. She stepped forward, crying out in sympathetic pain and doing her best to stave off death.

5-ft step adjacent and cast 1st level domain spell Cure Light Wounds
CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

So, Felgar, Enlarged will gives you a +2 to Str, -2 to Dex, -1 to Atk and AC due to size, +1 to CMB/CMD due to size, and your weapon goes from 1d10 to 2d8.
With the Stats and Size, you end with a +2 to CMB, +1 to CMD, -2 to AC, +1 to damage.

I will allow a DC 19 Str check to break the Grapple as you get one when in an enclosure that is too small (in this case the tentacle)

Copper, I don't think there is a miss chance with wands. For the grapple, they take a -20 if they want to maintain hold with their body to free up their limbs, but I can't find anything on if they have multiple attack forms/multiple grappling limbs.

EDIT: Thanks Neva, that sounds about right. He is indeed keeping full grapple on Felgar. So far it hasn't been given enough of a threat to be concerned about its vulnerabilities just yet.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Copper points his freshly drawn wand at Felgar, and activates it. As it strikes the dwarf he begins to expand and grow, his size filling a large portion of the chamber not occupied by the creature. His size strains the bonds of the tentacle's grip.

Neva begins to step up to him, but with his increased bulk, moving is unnecessary. She is able to simply reach out her hand and grant him healing.

Round 3:

Rex - Moves to L8, bites the enemy
Pravlox - Moves to K8
O - 9 total damage taken, grappled, maintains hold on Felgar
Felgar - grappled, attempts to break the grapple
Rutter - Throws a dagger and misses
Copper - Enlarges Felgar

Neva - Casts CLW on Felgar

MAP


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 3

Rex moves forward 5'(M8) and full attacks with teeth and tail.

bite attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
bite damage 1d8 ⇒ 3
tail slap 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
tail damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

At the same time, Pravlox moves up behind Rex (L8), using his spear to attack from behind his friend.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Rex bite crit confirmation 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
extra crit damage 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

@Aardvark: Do you want the strength check now, or on my turn?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Now. It is the enlarging that is granting it to you.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

Crap!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Yea, Neva has it right. I messed it up, lol. I wasnt meaning, necessarily, a miss chance with the wand, but that you might houserule it that since Felgar was grappled (and therefore wrapped up in the tentacles, etc) that I might accidentally hit the monster instead. Anyway, since it did work, hopefully it'll help, somehow. :P


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry, I'm trying to think like a tentacled hungry blob, with a fairly low Int, on how it would act.

With his current meal quickly becoming too big for its mouth, and very easy prey regardless, Felgar is let go. The creature instead reaches out for some of the others harassing it, and a little more easily chewed. He nips at Rex ineffectively, slaps Rutter weakly, but grabs Pravlox and begins to squeeze him.

Bite on Rex, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, miss
Tentacle 1 on Pravlox 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Tentacle 2 on Rutter 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Free grapple against Pravlox, 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21, pulls him to M7 and constricts 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and grappled.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 3, AC: 17, HP: 8/33, Enlarged, Power Attack, Use of Harrow Point (+1 dodge to AC)

Felgar, upon being released attacks with a fury!

Axe ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Axe DAM: 2d8 + 5 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 + 5 + 3 = 24


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 3, HP 18, AC 23 includes Shield of Faith +2 to AC, total defense +4)

Rutter begins to circle around the creature cautiously, drawing his two kukri, looking for a vulnerable spot to move in.

Standard action: total defense +4 to AC
Move 10' to M11
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 3, 18/18hp, Mage Armor (16 AC), 3 Con damage

Growing frustrated with the large tentacled creture, Copper puts his wands back into the sheath on his wrist and begins weaving his hands in an intricate pattern which end with fingers pointed at the beast. As he speaks the activation words of the spell, "Magische asperges uit mijn hand en stakingen mijn vijand zonder mislukken!", twin missiles of magical energy stream forth, slamming into the foul creature.

Casting Magic Missile at it. 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4
Really Paizo boards, really?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Felgar regains his bearings and swings at the thing in anger, but he misjudges his new size and his swing goes wide. Rutter moves around the side to get into position as Copper casts magic missle. The two darts of force don't slam into the creature as Copper had hoped, but more appropriately sizzle as they cause small burns in the thing's rubbery flesh.

Round 4:
Neva - Casts CLW on Felgar
Rex - Moves to M8, bites and crits the enemy
Pravlox - grappled, Moves to L8, attacks and misses
O - 23 total damage taken, grappled, full attacked, grapples and constricts Pravlox
Felgar - Swings and misses the monster
Rutter - moves to a better position
Copper - casts magic missle

MAP


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

As Felgar was dropped and Pravlox ensnared, Neva grunted in frustration.

First Felgar, then the halfling. Hang on Pravlox!

She casts another healing spell on Felgar, slung her crossbow on her back and reached for the slender wand on her belt.

Another CLW (burning Prot. from Evil) on Felgar, store crossbow so I can use a wand next round. I need Selective Channeling!
CLW: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Rex aid another to help Pravlox's CMB 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Pravlox grapple check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Pravlox fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The ugly thing gives Pravlox the same treatment that Felgar got, almost as if he is tasting each one to see which he would prefer. After he sinks his filthy teeth into Pravlox, he drops him, freeing up his limbs to try some more.

CMB to maintain grapple 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38, wow lucked out of another crit due to grappling. Constrict damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, and bite (natural attack) damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Pravlox, his grab does not need a Fort save, but his bite does. You can use the roll you got, or roll again (I'm guessing you'll elect to roll again.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

[ooc]Round 4, AC: 17, HP: 8/33, Enlarged, Power Attack, Use of Harrow Point (+1 dodge to AC)

Felgar attacks again!

Release 'em ya foul beast!

Axe ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Axe DAM: 2d8 + 5 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 5 + 3 = 21


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

HP = -2
Fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Rex disappears, snarling at the creature as he does so.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Felgar, I think you should be at 15/33hp because of my move.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

You are right Neva...it is 15/33 on my profile...thanks for looking out.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 4, HP 18, AC 19 includes Shield of Faith +2 to AC)

Rutter moves in, still cautious, and takes a swipe.

Move to O10. Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9; damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper draws his wand of Magic Missile, hoping it will have better a better effect than his previous attempt. Speaking the activation word, he launches a single bolt at the ugly thing.

Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

As the ugly thing bites into Pravlox, the foul teeth piercing the small halfling cause him to pass out. As he fades, so does Rex, who vanishes with a last snarl. The creature drops the halfling with a wet plop into the mud, and turns its attentions toward who it will go after next. As it turns to the others it catches Felgar swinging his, now much bigger, axe down on him. The hit just manages to catch the creature, and splits him halfway through. It gurgles in shcok and pain before it flops to the soggy ground, unmoving and bloody.

Felgar's attack killed it, so Copper didn't use the charge (unless you still want to just because?)


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

No thanks, I'll save the charge. ;)

Copper breathes a sigh of relief as the thing drops to the floor, quickly making his way further into the room with his companions. He helps the others pry Pravlox from the creature's grasp, and begins looking about the room for anything that might be of use in their continued assault on the place.

Take 20 on Perception, so 21.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Pravlox! Neva shouts as she rushes over to help pull the poor halfling from the filth.

She pulls him up and wipes off the muck as best she can, pulling out the wand to help heal him.

Healing for Pravlox:
Three charges, but I'll stop if he's healed by two:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Should get him close to all back.

As Copper begins searching the room, she also takes a look at the others, slightly frantic now for everyone's well being, and only calming down as they start to heal up under the ministrations of her wand.

Healing for Rutter and Felgar:

One for Rutter:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Three for Felgar, if all needed:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Finally, she notices that Copper is a bit wan from the stirges. "I'm sorry, honey, I didn't notice before. I'll take care of that if we have to go on. I was just so nervous, I didn't see. It won't happen again."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper feels embarrassed at Neva's worrisome tone, though he doesn't blush, thanks to the blood loss from the stirge, "Don't worry about me for now. I'm still a bit lightheaded, but I think I can manage til we are done here. I promise to let you know if I think otherwise, though."


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"Good job." Rutter commends Felgar as he squeezes past the enlarged dwarf.

He sees Neva reviving Pravlox as he sidles up to Copper. He looks around realizing Rex is nowhere to be seen, "So the dragon disappears if he goes unconscious..."

He then returns to the subject at hand with Copper, "So you think the nekkermancer dumped the body for this thing? Didn't he pay money for the corpse? Seems like a waste."

Rutter begins searching the area, and waves off Neva as she offers him healing. "Nah, he din't touch me." He returns to searching the area.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Aye, Rutter, big time fun! Thanks, Mi'lady, for the blessin'.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

All three charges is the exact amount needed to put me at full.

Pravlox groans as he comes to. "Great, now Rex will be in a bad mood next time I call him. Oh well, he can find other ways to work it off while I use other tactics." Belatedly, obviously still not used to having allies around that could provide healing, [b]"And thank you for the healing."


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva accepts the thanks of Pravlox and Felgar. But she's a bit put out by Copper's and Rutter's refusals of help.

"Now listen here, you two", she said with mild sternness. "If you're hurt, the Lady will heal you, and it's my job to see it happen. Now step on over here."

ooc for Rutter and Copper:
I'm role-playing the 18/24hp I see from both your profiles. Neva gets all motherly when she's nervous. Let me know ooc if it's bothersome. Obviously, feel free to have them react however they'd like!


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

In looking through the muck of the chamber, the smell once again becomes overbearing given time to breathe it in with the threat no longer present. Copper and Rutter, in their search, find nothing notable amongst the chamber, except within the pile of limbs and carrion. There is, what looks to be, a pair of legs sticking out of the pile. Otherwise it would stand out no more than any of the other limbs, if it weren't for the prevalence of Shoanti tattoos covering them.

DM Rolls:
1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

I havent taken hit point damage, but Con damage. So Im not at 18/24, Im at 18 of 18. Only way to get me back to 24 would be to get rid of my Con damage. If you have something that will do it, then sure, I'll take it. If not, then I dont want us to leave on my account. At least not yet. :P


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Looks like we found the necromancer's trash can. I suppose it's cheaper and raises less questions than hauling it out, but, eww, I can't imagine living with that thing so close to my front door."


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

When Copper points out the Shoanti legs, Rutter states what's on everyone's mind... "I hate to ask: 'Where's the rest of him?'" Rutter looks at the otyugh in answer to his own question.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"I'm not sure I really want to know at this point, to be quite honest. Clearly, returning the body is not an option going forward, which should make our final report interesting, to say the least."


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

It looks as if I didn't express it well as I wanted to, but the legs are sticking out from within the pile of carrion. The ends of them are unseen.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Do you think we should dig him out now, or go search the rest of the complex and then come back to dig him out later?"


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

I am not fer one to be carryin' a carcass around.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,676 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.