Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,676 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva stepped forward and readied to shoot down the southeastern corridor as soon as a foe presented itself.

"Felgar, Rutter, you two still alive?!" Neva called back over her shoulder.

5-ft step south and ready crossbow for foe to the SE. F*(%ing stirges, I think. *shudder*


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 2, 18 HP, stunned 1 round, AC 12 (includes stunned penalties)

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Rutter's head throbs with another burst of noise. He hears Neva call out something, but can't make it out. I wonder if their little spell will sound higher after I cut their little blue balls off... He grins slightly through the pain.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 3, 24/24hp, Mage Armor, Bless
Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
I hope you're wrong, Neva, lol.

Seeing his first attempt at a spell fizzle, Copper changes tactics, and targets. He unslings the crossbow from his shoulder, takes aim, and fires on one of the flying things the derro has unleashed.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 3

As Rex charges forward to attack D1 (forward to square S3), Pravlox launches a small orb of acid at the opponent he can see (D3).

Rex bite (charge) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Rex damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Pravlox ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Pravlox acid splash damage 1d6 ⇒ 1/2 (acid splash is 1d3)
Pravlox knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

So who's turn is it?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry, this is finals week. I will try and update today.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Copper and Pravlox:
The creatures are indeed striges, often encountered nesting in the filth of the Shingles. They are a fairly common occurrence within Korvosa. They are a serious nuisance, much like giant mosquitoes with attitudes. They rush at their prey, and attempt to cling to them, driving in the proboscis to suck the blood in large gulps from the victim. Due to their verminous nature, some are known to carry diseases, picked up from whatever foul thing they had drained last. The real challenge is getting them to let go once they dig in for a meal, their numerous tiny legs seem to latch on with purpose, but at least when they are focused on their meal they get a whole lot easier to swat.

Neva calls out concernedly towards the others, as she hefts her oft-unused crossbow to fire at anything that presents itself to her sights. She does not need to wait too long for just such an opportunity, as the eerie flap of multiple leathery wings comes fluttering down the corridor, the sound revealed to be four wings each on the two weird vermin.

Neva:
You can shoot at one of the bugs, at first sight with a 20% miss chance for the dim light, or when it enters the tunnel right at the edge of your light. Either way, you have a -4 from firing past Copper.

The bugs zip into the corrider with a hungry fervor, dashing straight at Copper, he has but a moment to strike out with an empty hand before they can get to him.
Copper:
You can make an unarmed AoO (as I don't think you've yet drawn a weapon, correct me if I'm wrong).

Bug attacks:
If Neva hits and does more than 6, disregard Stirge1.
Stirge1 melee touch Copper 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, guess it doesn't matter much if she hits.
Stirge2 melee touch Copper 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, he clings and causes 1 pt of Con damage.

Pravlox:
Pravlox, your spell can't reach. The Derro is 40' away. If you would like, you can amend your action.

Round 3:
Pravlox - Different action? Spell can't reach.
Felgar - Moves to T4, and misses
D3 - Moves to the cabinet and opens it
Rex - Stunned
Copper - Casts Daze
D1 - 5' step, cast spell
D2 - cast spell, moves
Rutter - Stunned

Neva - Readies crossbow, can fire at a bug
Bugs - Rush Copper,

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper swings at the stirge flying towards his face, trying to swat it away.

Unarmed AoO 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 LOL
Confirm Crit? 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Extra Crit Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

I'll let you know after D3 goes again if I want to keep my action the same, if that's ok. Who's turn is it? The initiative tracker is confusing the heck outta me with all the actions on it, lol.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Pravalox then me, I believe


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Why did it have to be giant mosquitoes? I'd stay far away from those things if I were you."

Pravlox will ready his spell for when the derro comes into range of it.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 3: HP: 33/33, AC: 16, Blessed, Stunned (1 Round - No Actions, -2 AC)

Felgar dropped his Axe upon being stunned, and now he shakes his head, beginning to clear the cobwebs...


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 2 Readied action

"Ahg! Neva screamed as the strange beasts flapped clumsily towards Copper.

Rolls and OOC:

Shoot at #1 in dim light
20% mischance on 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 39
To hit withing 30' +5 -4 for cover = +1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 And I forgot one more for bless, so 16.
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

She saw the bolt strike through and almost gave a yelp of success, but she realized that she had merely torn one of the creature's wings.

I'll do my Round 3 action after Rutter, so see what's up.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Neva, your readied action was your round 3 action.

As the bugs fly up toward the passage, Neva lets loose her bolt, and pierces the wings of the creature. The holes offset the thing's flight allowing Copper to swat at it, and swat he did, smacking it hard into the wall and causing it to stumble at him. It smacks into his leg, and tumbles to the ground dead. The other, though, slipped in to inject its nose into Copper's side and draining blood from him.

Pravlox stands ready for the derro to enter the corridor, just in range to recieve the effect of his spell, yet he is left disappointed, as the thing smacks the table beside him and causes the room to go black. He can be heard moving within, but to where, none of those looking can tell.

Meanwhile, Felgar and Rex try to declutter their senses from the disorienting boom that struck earlier.

I will put notes in the initiative tracker below for how I use it.

Round 3:
The bold and bigger name is who's turn is up. Prav is still at the top because if his readied goes off he comes in before the trigger.

Pravlox - Readied a spell.
Copper - Casts Daze
D1 - 5' step, cast spell
D2 - cast spell, moves
Rutter - Stunned

The gap is where the round ends, and the order the next round goes.

Neva - Readies crossbow, hits bug 1
Bugs - Bug1 dies, Bug2 hits Copper
Felgar - Stunned
D3 - Casts Darkness, moves
Rex - Stunned

The brief description is what they did on their last turn. Kind of a recap, in the off chance someone missed what happened in the flavor text, or as a quick explanation if they want to skip text.

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 3, 22/22hp, Mage Armor, Bless, 1 Con damage

Is there any way for me to keep my action from further up the page that I already started for this turn? Push the bug off me, step back, and shoot?
Also, thanks for the explanation. I think Ive got it now.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

It has you effectively grappled (though you don't suffer the grappled effects). To remove it you need to kill it, break the grapple, or escape artist out of the grapple.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 3, 22/22hp, Mage Armor, Bless, 1 Con damage

Copper feels a big woozy at the sudden blood loss from his side, but tries to remove the bug all the same.
Escape Artist 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 +1 from Bless? = 7?

Whether or not he pries the bug from his side, he retreats a few steps into the corridor, trying to put some distance between himself and the derro. Move to Q11.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Thanks Aardvark, that makes sense now. Now waiting on derro and rutter before acting. I hate stirges! :-)


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

I forgot we are at level 3, so Im actually at 21/21 hp currently, thanks to the 1 Con dmg.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Copper swats and squirms to extract the big bug from his side, but it clings to him with a fervent hunger.

The other two derro stop throwing around spells and expand to using their weapons. The one nearest Felgar eases back, drawing his light repeating crossbow and loading it. He fires at Rex, hitting the eidolon with a solid blow, and sending a toxin rushing into it. The other one sidles back as well and fires, but he aims for Felgar instead, and his shot goes just wide.

Attack on Rex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, hit, damage 1d6 ⇒ 6 and DC 14 Fort save or 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str damage
Attack on Felgar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, miss

Round 3:
Pravlox - Readied a spell.
Rutter - Stunned

Neva - Readies crossbow, hits bug 1
Bugs - Bug1 dies, Bug2 hits Copper
Felgar - Stunned
D3 - Casts Darkness, moves
Rex - Stunned
Copper - Backs up, tries to escape bug
D1 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Rex
D2 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Felgar

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 3, 18 HP, AC 17

Shaking off the effects of the sound blasts, Rutter picks both his kukri off the floor. He taunts the derro in a raised voice: "Whatever these are, they aren't real dwarfs! Your kind isn't the type to resort to spells and hide in the dark from a fight!" The last bit was ostensibly directed to Felgar, as he strides up next to him in the room to look for those cowardly little blue dwarfs.

(Apparently, the plural form of dwarf is "dwarfs," not "dwarves," according to the spell check, which is apparently two words, not one.)

Move action 1: pick up weapons
Move action 2: move to U5


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 4: Hp: 20/20 Blessed

As Copper stumbled back past her, Neva gasped at the bulging insectoid sucking blood from her friend.

Drawing the magic silver dagger taken from Verik, she stabbed at the thing, hoping to kill or dislodge the creature.

ooc and rolls:

To-hit with dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (includes bless, but not mods from dagger)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (no mods from dagger)

Her fear of hitting Copper was too great, however, and her weak flailing failed to hit the bug.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Neva:
As you swing the blade at the bug you get a sense, almost a feeling, of approval from the blade itself. That is nothing though, as you then hear, Attacking it is your best option, when you can swing again, but worry not of your ally's safety he will be fine.

The bug continues to cling to Copper's side, seemingly undaunted by being attacked. It cares only for finishing its meal, nothing more.

Copper, you take 1 more point of Con damage. DM Roll 1d100 ⇒ 11

Round 4:
Pravlox - Readied a spell.
Felgar - Stunned
D3 - Casts Darkness, moves
Rex - Stunned
Copper - Backs up, tries to escape bug
D1 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Rex
D2 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Felgar
Rutter - Picked up weapons, moved in

Neva - Draws silver dagger, attacks Bug2
Bugs - Bug2 takse a drink of Copper


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas (or a nice weekend, if you dont do Christmas). Now, someone please get this bug off me! Gah! :P


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox will use his spear to try to pry the bug off of Copper.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 3

Felgar shakes off the cobwebs, picks up his Axe and moves to V3 to engage Derro 1.

Aye...distant sneakin' evil kin!


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Pravlox also attempts to assist Copper with his bug problem, and manages to just nick the creature, but it seems mostly unfazed by the injury, or uncaring.

Felgar moves next to the source of the darkness, with his lit weapon, causing all the room to return to it's dimly lit condition. All but a curtain of darkness that cannot be pierced by those not possessed of darkvision.

From inside the room where the Derro released the stirges, there is a slight, almost indiscernable scrape of stone on stone, twice. No other sounds originate from within.

Round 4:

Rex - Stunned
Copper - Backs up, tries to escape bug
D1 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Rex
D2 - 5' step, loads and fires crossbow at Felgar
Rutter - Picked up weapons, moved in

Neva - Draws silver dagger, attacks Bug2
Bugs - Bug2 takes a drink of Copper
Pravlox - plinked the bug.
Felgar - picked up weapon and moved.
D3 - unknown

Only using one map, those with darkvision can't see the other room by line of sight, and those with low-light or less can't see past the thin curtain of darkness that seperates them.

MAP

Reminder, all areas without a lighting effect on them are dim light.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 4, 21/21hp, Mage Armor, Bless, 2 Con damage

Growing frustrated and a little scared by how quickly he is becoming light headed, Copper pulls out his Wand of Magic Missile, aims it at the vile creature latched onto his side, and speaks the activation word, sending a bolt of power slamming into the leech.

Magic Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 4 Rex

Rex takes a 5' step to T2, extending his neck to bite the creature.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Rex still needs to make his first save vs the poison from before. If he fails he takes the 2 Str dmg and make a save this round, or take another 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str dmg.

Rex, shaking off the noise, nips at the derro but misjudges the distance due to his ears still ringing. Copper points his wand at the bug on his side, blasting it with the magical dart. The thing barely clinging still to his side.

The two derro continue their fight with the group in the room with them, the one nearest Felgar steps to the side to put the dwarf between him and the creature trying to bite him. He drops his crossbow, to draw his unusual club and swing at the dwarf, giving him a solid thump to the shoulder. The other one loads another bolt and shoots, this time at Rutter, before backing up around the end of the table. His bolt easily misses its mark.

Derro1 attacks Felgar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Derro2 attacks Rutter 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 4:
Reminder: all unmodified areas are dim, 20% miss chance.
Rutter - Picked up weapons, moved in

Neva - Draws silver dagger, attacks Bug2
Bugs - Bug2 takes a drink of Copper
Pravlox - plinked the bug.
Felgar - picked up weapon and moved.
D3 - unknown
Rex - Misses D1
Copper - Draws his wand, zaps bug
D1 - 5' step, drops crossbow, draws hooked club attacks Felgar
D2 - loads and fires crossbow at Rutter, moves away

MAP


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

@Aardvark: can he change weapons and attack in the same round? I believe that I should at least get an AoO when he changes weapons.

Axe Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Axe Dam: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Only if he puts away the first weapon. Dropping a weapon is a free action that doesn't provoke. Drawing is a move that doesn't either. Dropping is just more risky because it is left in the square you were in if you move away from it, and picking it back up does provoke.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

k...thanks


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 4, 18 HP, AC 17

Rutter rounds the table and swings at the shadow of the further derro with one kukri.

Move to X4
Concealment (low 20 misses) 1d100 ⇒ 17


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 5 20/20hp; Blessed
"Whatever you say!" Neva grunted with a grimace, apparently responding to an inner dialogue.

She swiped again at the bug on Copper, still hoping to slice it off her friend.

rolls:

To-hit with dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (includes bless, but not mods from dagger)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6(no mods from dagger)
Not my day for dice, apparently


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Rutter steps up blade in hand, but the bouncing shadows of the poorly lit chamber, and the flash of dark and light as the two sources overlap, throw off his depth perception. Neva again swings feebly at the bug on Copper's side.

Neva:
The voice returns again "If the fool would stop squirming like a little snake, maybe you could have hit the thing. It makes you wonder if he isn't just a liability in combat."

The bug itself, barely still in one piece, finishes taking its meal only to burst in a wet, bloody pop, the strain of the extra blood taken bursting its already injured abdomen. A pool of Copper's blood now at his feet, and splattered on the wall beside him.

The bug drains 1 more Con, then dies, after taking its one standard action at 0 hp that then causes it to die.

Round 5:

Reminder: all unmodified areas are dim, 20% miss chance.
Pravlox - plinked the bug.
Felgar - picked up weapon and moved.
D3 - unknown
Rex - Misses D1
Copper - Draws his wand, zaps bug
D1 - 5' step, drops crossbow, draws hooked club attacks Felgar
D2 - loads and fires crossbow at Rutter, moves away
Rutter - Picked up weapons, moved in

Neva - Draws silver dagger, attacks Bug2
Bugs - Bug2 dies

MAP


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox delays, not quite sure of what he can do to contribute at this point.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 4: HP 29/33, AC: 18, Power Attack, Overhand Chop

Felgar Attacks D1!

Axe ATT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Axe DAM: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Nice hit! I think your #'s are a little off (for the worse, they should be better). You still have Bull's Str, Bless, a Masterwork weapon, and Furious Focus. So your to hit should be +11. For damage you have Overhand Chop +8 (Str doubled), Power attack +3 (two-handed), and Bull's Str +4 (doubled from overhand chop). Someone correct me if I'm reading the rules wrong.

Pravlox pauses, plagued with indecision on where to take the fight, toward Rex and Felgar, or into the dark unknown. Felgar, however, knows just where he wants to be fighting. With a great heaving swing over his head, he slashes down at the derro before him, leaving a great gash across the front of its body, and hearing the crack of bone at the shoulder as its left arm drops limp to the side. Blood runs down the front, as the derro looks to stagger on his feet, but not quite out of the fight just yet.

The group in the hallway hears the echoed clop of footsteps on stone, but there is no sign on the derro from the dark. He has to be moving, but with the echo it is tough to tell where he's at, or where he's going.

Don't forget Rex's Fort saves as mentioned above.

Round 5:
Reminder: all unmodified areas are dim, 20% miss chance.
Pravlox - Delaying.
Rex - Misses D1
Copper - Draws his wand, zaps bug
D1 - 5' step, drops crossbow, draws hooked club attacks Felgar
D2 - loads and fires crossbow at Rutter, moves away
Rutter - Picked up weapons, moved in

Neva - Draws silver dagger, attacks Bug2
Felgar - Chopped into D1, hard.
D3 - Moving in the dark


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

My bad...forgot the Bull's Strength...should be 25 damage!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 5, 18/18hp, Mage Armor, Bless, 3 Con damage

Copper feels little relief as the bug detaches itself in a bloody erruption, slouching against the wall. He slips the wand back into the sheath on his wrist, and picks up a small stone off the floor, trying to gaze into the darkness. He calls out to Rutter with a whisper, "How goes the fight? Do you need assistance?"

Perception to see or hear anything in the darkened room 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.
Felgar Stoutaxe wrote:
My bad...forgot the Bull's Strength...should be 25 damage!

Could you break down your numbers? I got a total of 23.

From what you can hear, the footsteps could be coming from within the room, but they sound different than before. It doesn't sound like there is movement in the room.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Rex fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Sorry I couldn't stab that thing, Copper", Neva whispered apologetically, looking over his shoulder into the darkness.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter smiles broadly at the destruction Felgar caused to the derro. When he hears Copper's words, he answers, "I need a light, if you've got one!" An instant later he adds with a chuckle, "Our dwarf just cut off one of their arms!"


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Aardvark:
Here is a breakdown:

Axe ATT: +10 = +3 BAB, +4 STR, +1 MW, -1 (Power ATT), +2 (Bulls Strength), +1 (Bless)

Axe DAM: 1d10+15 = +4 STR, +4 STR (Overhand Chop), +2 (Two-Handed), +3 (Power ATT), +2 (Bulls Strength)

So, yes, 23 DAM is correct - that is alot of math - ugh!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

If you are two-handing your axe, Felgar, the Str bonus to damage you are getting from Bull's Str is actually +3 (+2*1.5). So, it's d10+16, so 24 damage.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Sounds good to me!


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Since Rex failed the first save (taking 2 Str dmg), he has to make the second one (or take 1 more Str dmg). Also, it is his turn to go.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Sorry about that, working on cleaning up the last of holiday related headaches.

Rex fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rex attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Rex damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

Rex will use his allies as a screen as he moves around to get within reach of both of his foes (X-5) before lashing out at D2.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Just putting this out there, but we've been in this fight for more than 5 weeks now...

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,676 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.