Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,676 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Rutter, seeing the bones begin to rise, sends word back to the others before ducking around behind one of the columns. The skeletons clatter to their feet and begin to make their way into the room. They fan out across the large space, seemingly looking for the intruders that got their attention.

Round 1:
Felgar -
Pravlox -
Copper -
Skeletons2 -
Rex -
Rutter - Moved and hid
Skeletons1 - Entered the larger portion of the room
Neva -

MAP


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 1: HP: 29/33, AC: 18, Power ATT and Overhand Chop

Felgar moves to G7 and attacks Skeleton 1

Axe ATT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Axe DAM: 1d10 + 4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 3 = 16


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 1; 24/24hp, Mage Armor active
Seeing a half-dozen skeletons poor into the room, and knowing full well his own less-than optimal effectiveness against such unnatural creatures, Copper decides to hold back for now, to see how his allies respond to the threat, and how he might best help them.

Delay. :/


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Round 1
Pravlox: HP 16/16; AC 17; mage armor
Rex: HP 25/25; AC 19; mage armor

Rex will move to G-8, ready to attack any skeleton that comes in reach, and Pravlox will dismount to occupy F-9 as he casts Grease (DC 14) on squares H-I,5-6.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

I'm waiting until the skeletons move before I give a post. We're not waiting on me, right?


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy
Neva Vallastoi wrote:
I'm waiting until the skeletons move before I give a post. We're not waiting on me, right?

No, I think both sets of skeletons and I need to move before your turn. I'm waiting for Skeletons2 to move first for my Round 1 actions. The one posted was my surprise round action.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Im really hoping Aardvark just moved them all at once accidently, cause if there is another group of skeletons not already on the map that are going to move onto the map, this room is gonna get very crowded. :P


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Saves:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Felgar moves into the room, taking a hearty swing at the walking dead. His axe head glides toward the creature, but only slips between the space where flesh could be found on a living man, missing its mark.

Copper holds back, waiting to assess the situation before stepping in, as Rex trots past with Pravlox on his back.

The halfling moves up and acts to bring some of them down as easy targets. A quick cast and a puddle of viscous liquid bubbles up from beneath the skeleton's feet, slicking the area. It wasn't quite enough, as the bony feet of the undead are still able to find purchase on the slippery floor.

As the group focuses their attentions on the skeletons, a clatter arises from the other pit. Bones rattle and shake as they rise from the unaffiliated bones of the truly dead. These bones do not separate into a group of undead, instead it is one big creature. The bones are big and heavy, ending in vicious claws, and its mouth tipped in a huge beak. It lumbers up out of the pit, struggling to make its way up the small set of stairs to the larger portion of the room.

MAP

Round 1:
Copper - Delaying
Skeletons2 - Rises, moves to I11
Rex -
Rutter - Moved and hid
Skeletons1 - Entered the larger portion of the room
Neva -

Felgar -
Pravlox -


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 1, 24 HP, AC 17

Holy crap... Rutter is dispirited to see a large skeleton rise from the other pit of bones. Oh well, time to start whittling them down.

He draws his other kukri again and begins swinging at the skeleton that has come around the column.

Attack main vs skeleton 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22; damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Attack offhand vs skeleton 2 or 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15; damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
If skeleton 2 drops, 5-ft step to J8, either before 2nd attack or after both attacks.
If skeleton 2 doesn't drop, 5-ft step to H9.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 1 (Taking my turn right after the skeleton); 24/24 hp, Mage Armor active
Skeletal Owlbear? Lol!

Seeing the large creature emerge from the second room, Copper begins weaving a spell, the words coming worth in a commanding voice, "Magische asperges uit mijn hand en stakingen mijn vijand zonder mislukken.". Two bright balls of energy break from his hands, and slam straight into the head of the giant skeleton.

Cast Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7
If need be, Copper will step into F8 in order to be able to see the ownbear. If he doesnt have to move though, he wont.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

The sounds of the skeletons' claws on the stone floor sent violent shivers up and down Neva's spine. Uh! Vile things!

However, as the larger one hove into view, her revulsion turned to anger. Who would do such a thing with...such a THING!

She strode forward, her holy symbol held firmly, extended her arms in a commanding fashion and bellowed "To dust with you all! Pharasma, Lady of Holy Death, condemns you!"

ooc:

Move to H8, behind Rutter and channel positive energy. It's a 30-ft burst, so I can get everyone. (The only question is skeleton 3...I think I can go my NE corner to its NW corner, but not without using string to check.)
Almost all will have cover, but that only matters for Reflex saves, not Will saves.
Command Positive Energy (c'mon, dice, momma needs a new pair of shoes: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Nice!
DC 13 will save for each undead, success is half damage


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Is this still the round that Pravlox cast Grease?


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Help DM! Not sure where we are in initiative since neva held her action, could you repost it?


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 1 so far
Felgar - moved in and missed
Pravlox - cast grease
Copper - delays
Skeletons2 - owlbear emerges
Copper - magic missile on owlbear
Rex - moved in
Rutter - attacked and moved
Skeletons1 - up next
Neva - will channel positive energy


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Acrobatics/Ref:
Acrobatics: Skeleton 4 1d20 ⇒ 9, Skeleton 6 1d20 ⇒ 9.
Reflex: Skeleton 4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Skeleton 6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Copper decides to act upon seeing the big thing lumber from the pit, he casts and strikes the creature with darts of force, shattering bones. The creature looks to screech, but without flesh the only sound it makes is the rubbing of bone on bone, and the click-clack of its beak, as its hollow sockets target on Copper.

Rutter swings his blades, slashing and biting at the nearest one, his first swing connects as the second slips just barely between the bones of its leg. His cutting blade slashes across a bony arm, but leaves only a scratch, not even cutting into the bones that make up the creature.

The skeletons, a wealth of targets in sight, move towards the larger group as a whole. Two of them try advancing on Felgar, only to be brought low by the slick surface that Pravlox created. One falls to the ground, but the other just barely maintains his footing. The one swung at by the dwarf swings back, his bony claws swiping at the warrior, as two others take swings at Rutter. Through all the clawing and grsping, only Rutter gets a scratch, a nasty scratch.

Neva strides into the breach, a cool hatred for the things obvious on her features. She summons the matching hatred her deity has for them, with a soundless wave of divine energy. The skeletons, all but the beast, clatter to the floor in unmoving piles their empowering energy having been erased. The beast looks unsteady, and sluggish, the divinity taking a lot away from it.

Crunch:
Skeleton1 attacks Felgar, two claws, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 vs AC, miss/miss.
Skeleton1 attacks Rutter, two claws, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs AC, miss/miss.
Skeleton1 attacks Rutter, two claws, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 vs AC, miss/damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6.

Will Saves: DC 13
Skeleton1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 saved
Skeleton2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 failed
Skeleton3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 failed
Skeleton4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 saved
Skeleton5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 failed
Skeleton6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 saved
Owlbear 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 failed

Round 2:
Felgar - moved in and missed
Pravlox - cast grease
Skeletons2 - owlbear emerges
Copper - magic missile on owlbear
Rex - moved in
Rutter - attacked and moved
Skeletons1 - Move, fall, and attack
Neva - Channels positive energy, kills all the humanoid skeletons

MAP

I hope the map shows, I was having problems with it.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 2: HP: 33/33, AC: 18, Power ATT and Overhand Chop

Felgar moves to H10 and attacks the remaining beast.

WarAxe ATT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
WarAxe DAM: 1d10 + 4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 3 = 17

Well, yer a biggin', arn't ya?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Felgar dropped it, I will write it up later.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva sighed in satisfaction and released tension as the abominations crumbled to the ground. As Felgar saw to the remaining undead, her eye was drawn to Rutter's wound. Pulling out her wand, she closed and placed healing energy over the wound.

wand of cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Felgar moves toward the large and lumbering skeleton, swinging his axe in a great overhead arc. The heavy blade comes crashing down into the platter sized shoulder blade of the thing, shattering it and sending the beast to topple onto the floor like the others. The power of undeath fading from it, it returns to looking like nothing more than dusty yellowed bones. The deathly silence of the fight's end falls back over the crypt once more.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

That'll learn ya'!


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Let us move quickly", Neva whispered. "That noise will have likely alerted our foe, so let's not give him more time to prepare."


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter watches with disappointment as the skeletons drop en masse after Neva's magic. Then, after he watches, hears, and feels the dwarf stomp past with his axe raised high to destroy the owlbear skeleton, his shoulders sag. "Ah, well. Guess I'll just have to take it out of the necromancer."

He thanks Neva for the healing with a reluctant "Cheers," then continued toward the tunnel, pausing just long enough to check with Copper to make sure the message spell was still in effect. He slides into the shadows and disappears.

Same stealth tactic as intended before the attack. As long as the hallway is straight without any intersections and he sees nothing ahead, he'll move at near full speed (20 ft). Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16. When he sees anything that bears closer investigation, he'll send word back to Copper and slow to half speed (no stealth penalty) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 to approach it. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper moves about the room, taking time to give the entire thing, along with the alcoves the sksleton's came out of, a good sweep, making sure they werent missing anything, magical or mundane. He'll then try to catch up to the rest of the group quickly, but quietly.

Detect Magic scan of room.
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox will also quickly scan the area they fought the battle in and the now destroyed skeletons for anything of value.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Felgar progresses behind Cutter, examining the stonework for any oddities (+2 to Perception within 10 feet of unnatural stonework).

Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

DM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 9

The room bears little worthy of attention beyond the initially unmoving, and the once again unmoving, decaying bones. Rutter steps into the southern tunnel, and no more than fifteen feet into it, he is met with a split in the passage. The tunnel diverges to both the west, and the southeast, with the dim blue light of the moss only giving so much away as to what may lead down each one.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter whispers back: "Wait for me at the fork. I'm going to scout the western passage first." He then sets off down that path.

Full speed stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 until he approaches any intersections or doorways, then half speed stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Having found nothing of interest in the main or offshoot rooms, Copper directs the rest of the group to stop near the intersection to wait for Rutter.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

DM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 20, The Nat 20 makes it a 25

Misread on my part. The moss only provides Dim light. If you wanted brighter light, I believe Copper mentioned casting Light before, on Felgar's shield (I don't think he has one, so it could be on his weapon.) I have no problem backtracking the light source.

Rutter moves forward down the west end tunnel, creeping along quickly, but slowing as he nears signs of it widening into a room. Creeping up he hears a rustle, and what sounds like possibly conversation. He is able to get as far enough up to the corner to see in as two blue-skinned, dwarfish looking creatures look to be taking turns trying to hammer something inside a box on the table. As the one to the west becomes hyper, swinging the hammer wildly into the box, the other starts looking around for something perhaps dropped. He manages to look just in time to see Rutter's head barely peeking around the corner. He looks past before snapping back to what he saw. He calls out in an unknown tongue before smacking the table, and when he does the whole room goes dark.

Initiative Rolls:
Copper 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Felgar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Neva 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Pravlox 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Rex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Rutter 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

D1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
D2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Surprise Round:
Only Rutter and D2 go in the Surprise round.
Neva -
Pravlox -
Felgar -
Rex -
Copper -
D1 -
D2 -
Rutter -

MAP Before

MAP After


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter whispers back: "A couple blue dwarfs just saw me and cut out the light. Come up, and bring a light."

He then backs up against the wall, listening for any approaching movement.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Yes, backtrack the light, please. On Felgar's weapon, I suppose.
Knowledge Arcana check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 to know anything about 'blue dwarves' and/or magical abilities their race may possess.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva turned her head back and forth between Copper (the source of information on Rutter) and tunnels ahead (obstructed somewhat by Rex and Felgar).

"What was that sound? What's going on?"

She decided quickly that two tunnels and one light were probably a bad idea, so she mumbled a few words and touched the hair tie on the top of her head, making it shine brightly in the dim crypt.

"And I better get ready to fight", she thought calmly.

Cast light on myself and move to Q12 to cover the SE tunnel with my crossbow.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Lol, I forgot...

Copper shares the information from Rutter with the rest of the group...


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox will hang back as Rex will move up behind Rutter.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 1

Felgar moves to Q6 and readies an attack action with his axe for any enemy moving within five feet.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Neva lights up her hair tie, giving her a definite halo effect, as light expands out from the crown of her head. She moves in towards the other passage, shedding light along the way. The light doesn't reach far enough to be noticed by the other blue dwarf with his back to the hall as he places some unusual shape to rest on the body resting on the table before him.

Felgar and Rex move forward to the room where Rutter mentioned enemies. Their magical darkness isn't enough however to limit the visibility of the two, as all it did was drop the level of illumination.

Copper tries to remember what he knows of blue dwarves, and all he thinks of that their has been mention of a race of mad dwarves with a penchant for spells over that of their normal brethren.

They fall under local

DM rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Round 1:
Copper -
D1 -
D2 -
Rutter -

Neva - Cast light and move to Q11 (12 is in the wall, so I assumed this is what you intended?)
Pravlox - Stays in place
Felgar - Moves to Q6 readies
[unaware] D3 - Places something on a body on the table
Rex - Moves to Q7

Due to Darkvision, Felgar and Rex get their own map.

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP

The dark is dark, yellow area is normal light, all else is dim. The shady see through area is also dim.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Knowledge: local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Are the blue dwarves up next?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

I highlight who is up in the round count with bold and bigger. So Copper goes, then the enemy.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 1, 24/24hp, Mage Armor active
Can my Arcana check go for Local then? Ive got the same modifier, and would have done that had I known that was the one needed, lol.

Copper moves south into the second tunnel, just past Neva into S12. Seeing another little blue dwarf, he takes cover behind the corner of the tunnel, draws a wand of Magic Missile, and calls out to the creature in Common, "Hello there. We have not come to harm you. May we explain our situation to you, please?"

Move action: move
Move action: draw wand
Free action: speak


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry, wrapping up my three classes for the semester. Yes, Copper I'll let you use your local.

Copper recognizes these blue dwarves as Derro, sometimes called Mad Dwarves, but they are not dwarves at all. They are stricken by an unnatural obsession with the surface, that they may not traverse due to the sun's damaging light, and this unresolved obsession has driven them as a people to madness. This madness has caused them to become a violent and malicious race, and they lovingly craft and use poisons when they fight, just for the sheer enjoyment of watching the enemy suffer. Due to their ties to the deeper pockets of mystical energies within the earth itself, they have a natural defense to aid in protecting them from magical attacks.

In game terms -
They are vulnerable to sunlight
Have a natural SR
and Use poisons on their weapons.
I tried to give you the ones that I think would come up most frequently in other's experiences with them.

As Copper moves up and addresses the Derro in the other room, he turns, startled to see someone in the hallway he doesn't recognize. From the other room there are sounds of movement.

Felgar and Rex:
They walk to the back of the room facing straight down the hallway, and begin, what almost looks like, casting.
Then there is a blast of sound around Rutter, Rex, and Felgar. The noise is loud, resonating, and mildly painful to the ears.

each take 1d8 ⇒ 3 of damage and make a DC 15 Fort save or be Stunned for one round. Of the three:
Felgar
Rex
Rutter
Targeting the first in order on the list that saved, make a DC 13 Will save or be Dazed for 1 round.

Round 1:

Rutter -

Neva - Cast light and move to Q11 (12 is in the wall, so I assumed this is what you intended?)
Pravlox - Stays in place
Felgar - Moves to Q6 readies
[unaware] D3 - Places something on a body on the table
Rex - Moves to Q7
Copper - Moves to S12, draws wand and speaks
D1 - Moved, cast spell
D2 - Moved, cast spell

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Not sure if Will is necessary by description above, but here it is...

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Niiiiiiice...


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Rex Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Rex Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Since Felgar made his Fort save, only he was the target of the Will save.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 1, 20 HP, stunned 1 round, AC 12 (includes stunned penalties)

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Rutter feels the blast of sound rattle his teeth. He drops his kukri and grabs his head, trying to get his bearings.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva ducked reflexively in response to the blast. Oh, dear.

"Gray Lady! Aid us as we cleanse these warrens from those who would abuse the blessed dead!"

Cast bless and load my crossbow. Should get everyone.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 2; 24/24 hp, Mage Armor active
Remind me later on to take a couple of combat spells that dont have Spell Resistence, lol.

At the sound of the explosion, Copper looks back up the tunnel for a split second, checking to make sure Neva was alright. Seeing her unharmed, he turns his attention back to the Derro in front of him, seeing only hatred in the things eyes, Copper begins casting a cantrip, hoping to keep the creature at bay briefly, "Mijn vijand niet te kunnen treden tegen mij niet."

Cast Daze at it.
Spell Resistence check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Boring conversation anyway." he says to himself before calling back to the others, "These are Derro! They're resistent to spells, but are vulnerable to the sun!"

Hope that wasn't too loud.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Round 2: HP: 33/33, AC: 18, Blessed, Power Attack

Felgar moves to T4 and attacks D1 with an overhand chop of his War Axe!

Axe ATT: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 9
Axe DAM: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 4 = 17

Ahhh...me evil brothers!


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox pulls his longspear and moves forward.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

DM Roll:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Rutter, braces against the wall as he tries to shake off the effects of the loud burst that disoriented him. Neva, seeing the fight on two fronts, calls for Pharasma's blessing for her allies. As Pravlox draws his weapon and makes for the front, Felgar moves in to swing at the forward most derro, but the light coming from his weapon throws him off and he strikes the floor hard.

I'm not sure where Pravlox moved, so I stopped him at the intersection.

The surprised derro gets his wits about him, shrieks, and rushes over to the cabinet by the wall. He throws it open to reveal two tiny insectoid creatures, each with two pairs of bat wings and a long proboscis. The things seem to be sniffing the air as they begin to flutter to life.

Rex, much like Rutter, suffers through trying to regain his composure. Copper, meanwhile, risks the creatures chances of avoiding his spells in an attempt to limit the actions of the startled one.

The two threatened by Felgar, try to switch roles, as the nearest one steps back and attempts to cast against him. The second one creates the tumultuous burst similiar to the one the other had cast before, just slightly less painful due to ears already ringing from before.

Knowledge Arcana for the bugs.
Felgar DC 13 Will or dazed for 1 round.
Felgar and Rutter take 1d8 ⇒ 2 and DC 15 Fort or stunned for one round.

Round 2:
Rutter -

Neva - Cast Bless and loaded crossbow
Bugs - Inactive
Pravlox - Draws weapon and moves up
Felgar - Moves to T4, and misses
D3 - Moves to the cabinet and opens it
Rex - Stunned
Copper - Casts Daze
D1 - 5' step, cast spell
D2 - cast spell, moves

Darkvision MAP

Normal vision MAP


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Does Bless give a bonus to saves? If so, just add it in for me.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Stunned for 1 Round.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,676 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.