Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


451 to 500 of 1,676 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Round 1 Initiative 22
[spoiler=Status]7/13 HP; 14/16AC due to Charge[[spoiler]

Senjin opens the doors enough to see a crossbowman butcher fire and hit him. So much for no blood spilled

He charges straight ahead (literally a 40ft) and attempts to slap the butcher in the chops with flat of his blade. (...sorry about that :P)

Charging non-lethal Bardiche attack vs favored enemy_> 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 + 2 + 2 = 5

Sliding on blood, Senjin is no way prepared to deliver even a glancing blow as he attempts to keep his balance.

Not sure if you use critical fumbles or not. But adjudicate away, I am at your mercy.

token moved


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter rushes into the room.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

THAT went well, Neva thought with a sigh as the butchers fired on her friends. Setting her jaw, she moved into the room after Senjin, seeing Rutter move down from the north.

Neva raised her crossbow, gave the butcher behind the water vats an apologetic look, and fired.

Rolls:

Light Crossbow at 40': 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Get your heart into it, old woman! she berated herself as the bolt flew very wide of its mark. Once he's down, you can make sure he doesn't die, but do your part!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Im assuming North is up on the map. If not, please correct me.

Copper abandons his position and moves north to take cover behind the door frame Senjin previously stood by. Peeking out around the corner quickly to assess the situation, he quickly draws the Wand of Magic Missile from his sleeve.

This could go downhill very quickly if we aren't careful he thinks to himself.

Someone mind moving me on the map? I would have done it last night, but didnt want to contradict with someone else's post.


Round 1 summary:

The party had expected a couple of butchers plying their trade, but the butchers responded like trained warriors, shaking off Copper's spell and firing crossbows at the party as they entered the room.

Senjin took a bolt in the shoulder and charged the man that shot him, but slipped at an inopportune time and his blow went wide.

Jericho couldn't move into range to attack either man this round, but moved up next to the other butcher, forcing him to engage in hand to hand combat.

Rutter is circling the action, looking for an opening.

Neva is taken off-balance by the sudden action, her old skills perhaps dull through disuse. She fires at one of the butchers, but her bolt flies wide.

Copper is a bit annoyed that his spell didn't work and moves into a position to bring more of his magical resources to bear.

I moved Jericho and Copper on the map


space..
.
.
.
.


Round 2 Initiative order:
NPCs
Senjin
Rutter
Neva
Jericho
Copper

Jericho:

As Jericho closes with the man, he recognizes him. Jericho knows him by name as a young recruit to the guard named Parn, but hasn't ever spoken with him except in passing.

The butcher that Jericho had approached seizes a large hammer from where it lies against the table and swings it at Jericho's head.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The man that Senjin had charged grins at seeing his blow fly wide and draws his sword as he steps toward the Shoanti: "Lemme show you Marines how the real warriors do it..."

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Ouch! Seriously, how come I don't roll like this for my PCs? 7 points of damage to Jericho and 8 to Senjin.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Are these butchers provoking AoO's from Senjin and Jericho, since they were adjacent and drawing weapons?


I'm pretty sure that drawing weapons doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Although sheathing them does.
Actions table with AoO


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Guess I read that wrong, lol. Ah well.


Senjin falls to the ground, adding to the blood on the floor.

dc11 to stabilize ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Stabilized at -1

I am seeing a theme with Senjin...and its not a good one either.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Round 2, 12 HP, AC 17

Rutter takes a step out of Neva's line of fire, and throws his dagger at the guy that dropped Senjin.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


His knees buckle under the force of the hit, but he manages to stay on his feet.

Moving in closer, Jericho flicks his wrist, maneuvering the butcher's weapon around so that he can pull it out of his hands.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13 disarm

will move token later...dabbleboard doesn't work on my phone


"Parn, put down that hammer."


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva gasps as Senjin falls, but the brutality of the blow focuses her mind. She frowns, steps forward, reloads and fires over Senjin's body.


Rolls:

Attack at 35ft 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4; failed to confirm
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

The bolt sails through the man's arm and clatters on the wall behind him.

"You'll be facing the law alive or as a corpse. Choose quickly!"


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Round 2, 11/11 HP, 16 AC

Copper pokes his upper body around the corner to briefly aim the wand at the man Neva just fired on. "Loslaten!", he calls out, and a small ball of white energy streaks from the tip of the wand, striking the man squarely in the chest.

Magic Missile damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Jericho, I think that the disarm calculations are off. By my calculation, you should have:
+1 (BAB) +4 (STR) +1 (weapon focus) = +6
The Swordbreaker dagger gives you a +4 bonus, but only against bladed weapons (Parn has a warhammer). You don't get a penalty for not having the Improved Disarm feat, but you do provoke an attack of opportunity (if the AoO hits, you take both the damage and a penalty to your disarm attempt equal to the damage).

Let me know if I got any of this wrong. I was mostly going off of the mechanics described here:
Combat Maneuvers
Let me know if this is still the action that Jericho would take, knowing that he would provoke an AoO.

Round 1 summary and NPC round 2 actions coming soon.


Pretty close to getting knocked out, so I'll go with a straight-up attack. Do you need a reroll?

..just in case..
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Attack -- 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

These rolls are certainly not going our way.


Copper Fratello wrote:
These rolls are certainly not going our way.

This is reminding me of my first monk, and his flurry of crap. Three sessions and I let the DM kill him off... :(


Round 2 summary:

Senjin falls to the sword of the butcher, lending more blood to the floor of the killing room.
Rutter throws a dagger at the man that felled Senjin, but the blade flies wide and clatters to the floor.
Neva fires a crossbow bolt into the sword-wielding butcher, causing him to scream in pain as the bolt passes cleanly through the flesh of his left arm.
Jericho recognizes one of the butchers by name and calls on him to give up the fight, driving his dagger into Parn’s side as emphasis.
Copper looses a bolt from his obsidian wand, striking Senjin’s attacker squarely in the chest.

I kept Jericho’s first attack roll


space
..
..
..
..

Round 3 Initiative order:
NPCs
Senjin
Rutter
Neva
Jericho
Copper

Just a few notes: up is indeed north on the map. The butchers' AC is 16 and their CMD is 13.

The butcher who struck down Senjin seems to be taken by bloodlust. Shaking off Neva and Copper’s attacks, he rushes at Rutter, swinging his blade and screaming ”You’re next runt!”
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Parns grunts in pain and yells over his shoulder ”Hurry up! There’s a lot of them!” He swings his warhammer at Jericho, barely missing an opportunity to bash in Jericho's skull, and backs up towards the doors to the north.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Everyone can hear a clash of metal on metal and a raised voice coming from behind the doors to the northeast.

Updated Dabbleboard Map


Still stable at -1. Turn done.


Round 3

Ducking under the hammer, Jericho rolls across the floor, getting in behind Parn.

Jericho slashes at Parn's exposed lower back, hoping to disable his old ally.

"I warned you friend..."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Attack roll :: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage
*groan*

Rolling around was just flavor text...unless you want some rolls. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Acrobatics


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter takes another step out of Neva's line of fire, draws his other dagger, and attacks his opponent.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23; damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Edit: Crit confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 nope


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pharasma, help me heal Neva thought to herself. She stepped slightly to the north, as if judging a distance, and then let out a soft cry of prayer.
Healing energy shot up from the floor, surrounding Rutter, Jericho and Senjin.
As small cuts healed on all of them, she reloaded her crossbow to begin the fight.


5-ft step one north, channel positive energy, reload crossbow. I should be in range of only the party, not the NPCs
Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper lets loose another shot from the wand in his hand before stepping into the room and moving to the southwestern corner, making sure to keep an eye out for foes who might come out and try to box them in or try to escape.

Magic Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Round 3 summary:
Senjin is revived from his blow to the head by Pharasma’s holy energy thanks to Neva.
Rutter buries a dagger deep into the sword-wielding butcher’s torso.
Neva opens herself to Pharasma’s power and siphons off a small portion to heal her companions.
Jericho ducks under the hammer blow, rolling to a stop on Parn’s flank and slashes at the former guardsman as he comes to his feet, but the blow is turned by Parn’s chainmail armor.
Copper sends another bolt of magical energy into the face of the butcher that attacked Rutter, causing him to scream in pain and fall to the ground, motionless.


space
..
..
..
..

Round 4 Initiative order:
NPCs
Senjin
Rutter
Neva
Jericho
Copper

The pair of double doors fly open and two men in armor burst into the room, swords at the ready. Seeing their fallen comrade and Parns's wound, one of them yells back over his shoulder: ”Verik! Karralo’s down!”

Parns laughs as Jericho’s attack fails to find purchase in his armor ”Shiver got your sword arm Jericho?” He recklessly swings his hammer hard at Jericho’s head once again.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Parns AC is 16, the two new men’s AC is 18. For reference in your posts, I’ll give you their names: the one on the left is Baldrago, the one on the right is Malder

Updated Dabbleboard map


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

If you dont mind my asking, what kind of armor are these new guys wearing? Are they using shields? What kind of weapons are they holding? Do we recognize these guys are the ones from the front of the store who were selling meat?


Sennjin opens his eyes and sees the fight still raging around him. Seeing the bardiche next to him, he grasps it and rises to his feet. He takes a moment to clear his head as he moves to block anyone rushing Neva or Copper.

Spending two Harrow points to Boost AC with +2 Dodge. New AC 18; HP 1 of 13. Token moved.

Can't stand up, move, and attack. So this is best I can do this round.


The new arrivals are wearing chainmail and wielding longswords and heavy shields. The shields have a crudely drawn cow skull and hammer on them. They might be same men that were up front, but the group didn't get close enough to get a look at their faces when they were casing the joint. However, they certainly have the same rough look as the men that you saw through the window in the front.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Sounds good. I was asking cause assuming the sounds of metal rustling around we heard were them donning armor, it should have taken a good bit longer to put on, unless they were already wearing it.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter starts to circle around the remaining butcher.

Just one move action. Token has been moved. Save the standard action to ready an attack against any opponent who closes to attack him.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


They were already wearing the armor (like the "butchers" that were in this room). The sounds of metal clashing were them strapping on shields and drawing weapons (while moving through the space to this room).


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva steps up to Senjin and touches him lightly. Pharasma brings life to you now".


Cast Cure Light Wounds domain spell 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Round 4

Jericho continues his assault on Parn.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 atk :: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Not quite yet."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper gives a half smile to Senjin as the man gets up to stand guard over him and Neva. "Glad to see you on your feet, Senjin. I think we are gonna need you on this one."

Copper turns his attention back to the fight just in time to see Jericho slash out at Parn, landing a solid blow. Hoping to give their new ally some aid, Copper lets loose another blast from the obsidian wand as he moves north towards Neva.

Magic Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
So now that Im at home and can move my piece on the board by myself, I cant figure out how to save it. Any advice, lol? Id intended to move up the map 3 spaces.


Saving the map should be the third button from the left in the top row. Also, Jericho's blow will take out Parns, so you can pick a new target for the MM.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Then the guy closer to Rutter. Also, if you mean the 'save online' button, I tried hitting that like 4xs, and it keeps putting me back where I was when I close the window out and reopen it to see if it really saved. Am I doin it wrong?


Round 4 Summary:

Senjin is rejuvenated by Neva’s healing and moves to defend the priestess against the new arrivals.
Rutter circles the new armed men defensively.
Neva calls upon Pharasma to help heal Senjin’s wounds.
Jericho slips under Parns’s guard and slashes his dagger across the rogue guardsman’s throat. Parns falls to the floor clutching his neck desperately to try to prevent his lifeblood from flowing out.
Copper takes a few steps forward and looses another bolt from his wand, taking the man on the right in the arm.


space
..
..
..
..

Round 5 Initiative order:
NPCs
Senjin
Rutter
Neva
Jericho
Copper

Seeing Parn fall to Jericho’s blade and smarting from Copper’s magical onslaught, the two men fall back. One yells up the stairs: ”Verik! Help us! They’re strong and they’ve got magic!”

They both aim blows at Jericho before backing up.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
3 damage to Jericho from one of the sword blows

The AC of two new “butchers” is 18, their CMD is 13

Updated dabbleboard map


Round 5
[spoiler=Status] 5/13 HP; 18 AC

Senjin feels the healing touch of Neva on his back. He gives a quick look of gratitude over his shoulder and a, "Thanks Ma'am." Before he moves up and forces the bardiche into the open doorway.

Bardiche attack vs favored enemy ->1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Bardiche damage vs favored enemy ->1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter closes on the retreating soldiers, swinging his dagger wildly and without focus.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Do these doors also open inwards to this room?


Yes, the doors open inwards into the room.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva sidestepped eastward across the room to keep her firing angle on the retreating "butchers", eventually high-stepping into the southern vat of water.

She waded knee-high in the murky liquid, raising her loaded crossbow at the one on the left, Baldrago.


Crossbow attack w/in 30' 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

She slipped at the last moment, catching herself on the side of the vat, but sloshing filthy water up her torso. "Uggch", she grunted disgusted with her shot and her surroundings.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Neva, perhaps youd have better luck trying to hit by rolling a d20? LOL

Copper fires yet again from the wand, again striking the man close to Rutter with a blast of energy straight to the chest.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Jericho winces as he stands up to his full height, looking down at Parn, shaking his head."Sorry, friend."

Looking around at the mention of Verik, Jericho sees the two new combatants and moves to close with them. Clutching his side, he moves to end the fight quickly.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 atk :: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

no access to dabbleboard, will need someone to move me to closest enemy


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)


LOL! Already counting my damage, it appears. Let's try that again? (Subject to your approval, of course, Mr. Cloud.)
Attack w/in 30 ft, using a d20 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Not MUCH better luck, Copper, but thanks for catching that.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

So the bad guys get scared and all run away now, right?


Round 5 Summary:
Senjin Moves towards the retreating men, gingerly attacking from a distance. Unfortunately, his bardiche is deflected as his target ducks behind the doorframe.
Rutter Pursues the closest butcher, but his wild blow is easily deflected by the man’s shield.
Neva fires a bolt at the remarkably well armed and armored butchers, but it flies wide.
Jericho steps under Baldrago’s guard and opens a long slash on his thigh.
Copper looses another bolt of energy from his new-found obsidian weapon, striking Malder square in the chest.

451 to 500 of 1,676 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.