Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (Aardvark DM) (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


1 to 50 of 1,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Osirion

It all started with a card . Its appearance upset the existence you have fashioned for yourself since Gaedren Lamm blighted your childhood , or your later life . It was to be expected therefore that the card and Gaedren's name ,whispered only by those who knew poverty or crime and seemingly unknown to the Korvosan Guard for all the zeal they put into arresting him, would appear together.

The card , one for each of you, found you in different places and at different times. They all bore a short message on the back . written in a small , cursive hand.

"I know what Gaedren has done to you . He has wronged me as well . I know where he dwells , yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 , Lancet Street at sunset . Others like you will be there . Justice must be done !"

More disconcerting than the message though , was the ink used to write it . As far as you could tell , even down to the faint smell of iron, the message was written in fresh blood.

In the distance , the bells of the Vault of Abadar have just rung the evening . It is nearly sunset on this windy , late autumn day.

What would you do ?

Arianna :

:
Apart from the disturbing message , the card feels almost reassuring to you . The Harrow is your constant companion and friend. When you turned the card over you saw the one that had chosen you. It shows a workman in a desert , the tools falling from his hands as he touched by a celestial hand from above , bathed in blue fire. It is the card of arcane knowledge , madness and genius. . It appeared face up when you first reached for your cards this morning.

The address is also familiar . It was the home of Zellara , a well respected and elderly fellow Varisian Harrower who disappeared mysteriously early last year.

Copper :

:
The card was found in the locked evidence box at a guard station not far from Lancet Street after you had been called in to be told of the recent disappearance of yet another Varisian boy, 8-year old Niklos Korda. The guards swear to have kept the box locked since last night which may be true , though it would be unusual in Korvosa.

The card depicts a glove puppet of a plumed knight in shining armour , slaying a winding ,snapping green cloth dragon on a cardboard stage while an audience of children cheers him on. "The Theater" is written at the base of the picture

Dammersel :

:
The card was propped up against a statue of Sarenae's sword arm when you went to perform your devotions to the goddess earlier on . Surprised and shocked by its sudden appearance , you took it down .

Appropriately enough , the card depicts a stalwart knight in shining golden armour and plumed helmet with a red cloak . He rests his hand on a broadsword expectantly. The name "The Paladin" is emblazoned across the bottom of the card

Rutter :

:
The card had found its way into a spider's web , woven in a corner next to where you slept last night . It was partly covered in dirty , dust-covered silk and it was only the bright blue colour of the top of the card that caught your eye. You can't remember it being there last night ,although the spider and web were there , but it looks like it has spent a good deal of time there.

The card depicts a wandering acrobat , perched on a brown plateau dotted with fir trees. In his hands he juggles far more than the brightly coloured balls and weights you'd expected . There's an elephant , a clock tower , a boat and a chest spinning around in his hands and a name written at the bottom : The Juggler

Senjin :

:
This morning , like most mornings since you joined the Sable Company's stables you were asked to clean the pens of the hippogriffs after they had been taken out for their morning exercises and flight. The card was resting on a bale of straw and caught your eye when you went to get some fresh straw to spread out after cleaning out the old one.

You were given the key to the supply room and told to open up since you were the first arrived and have gained a reputation for keenness and conscientiousness among the stablehands.

The card depicts a floating castle with many turrets , battlements and crenulations . It has red brick roofs and golden ,domed towers and spires. It floats in a red sky , while underneath armies of orcs and giants pour out ,rampaging, towards it. Underneath is its name : The Keep

Yamiko : The card was in a chest of chains , weighted metal shoes and crowbars used on prisoners condemned to "judicial questioning" , which in Korvosa is a routine part of inquests. The chest was locked , though you were given the keys . Today it was your turn (on a rota) to clean and check the solidity of the "tools of justice" as the array of torture implements is euphemstically called. It was the blood on the back of the card that first caught your eye , it was surprisingly fresh , too fresh to be even from last night's round of torture.

Turning it over , the card depicts a strange , giant queen ant with a bulging red thorax . Strangest of all it is wearing a crown and a red cloak trimmed with ermine . Underneath is the legend "The Queen Mother" .

Could this be a slanderous caricature of Queen Illeosa ? King Eodred has been ailing since last winter and never goes out anymore , with the queen ruling with his blessing . But she is a foreigner and there have been many executions of slanderers and firebrands even in the short time you have joined royal service. [/spoiler]


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Spoiler:
"This is going to need to wait", Copper says, stuffing the card into his pocket, "What information do we have on this Niklos kid?

While the information is gathered for him to look over, Copper racks his brain about the card and who he might ask about it.

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L2 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP12/12 | F+1 R+4 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Spoiler:

Young woman thoughtfully studies the card, noticing the the subtle differences between this version of the Vision card and the one in her own deck.

"Zellara? She has returned, and with information about Lamm? I must go hear her out."

Hearing the tolling of bells at the Vault of Abadar, Arianna gathers her things and makes her way towards Lancet Street, intent on hearing the words of a fellow Harrower.

Just prior to leaving for Zellara's, Arianna will draw a card from her Harrow deck for the purposes of the Harrowed Feat. 1=STR, 2=DEX, 3=CON, 4=INT, 5=WIS, 6=CHA. 1d6 ⇒ 6. Looks like CHA for today.


Spoiler:
Senjin looked at the card and felt a bead of sweat trickle down his back. He had been hard at work in the warm stables, but as this moisture travelled further down his back, it felt to get colder and colder. Who knows that he is here? Would anyone know of his background with Gaedren? If anything, this is a trap laid by Gaedren himself.

A beatdown is likely awaiting his arrival. Beatdowns he so often delivered in Geadren service.

He looked again at the card, 'The Keep'. He has found protection here in the Sable Company's fortress, but he notes the horde below that looks like trouble on the way. He never had much use for the hustlers selling fortunes on street corners, yet somehow, could someone have used the cards to find him, to see him.

"Bah, cards are used to hustle and confuse a mark, nothing more," he says to himself. But still, he took one last look at the card before putting it carefully away. What if he was the Fort that Geadren forces would break upon? A rare smile creased his lips. "If this is a trap, I have learned quite a bit since I left Geadren's employ, enough to perhaps make this interesting."

At sunset, he saw to it that his duties were completed. Wearing armor and weapons, as he expected trouble, he set out covered in a dark cloak. Leaving the proud fortress, he was soon slinking back through old familiar streets seeking to not be taken unawares before reaching his destination.


female Tian Rogue 1

Spoiler:
before Yamiko heads to the address on the card, she will report the slanderous image she found to queen Ililosa Herself. as she reports the card, sounding honestly offended that someone would dare to insult her sponsor, her queen, and her mistress. she will ask the address for permission to investigate the address on the card.

Diplomacy Check (to not accidnetally offend the queen hwen she reports the offensive image.)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 37/37 (currently 37/37) | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Spoiler:
Rutter regards the card as he unwraps the bread he'd been eating on over the last few days. Yes, it would be good to see Keevu again. I'll need my strength, though. He wraps the bread back up, and will then go to a tavern and get a real meal and glass of ale. He heads to the address early, eager to find out where Keevu and Lamm are holed up, and hoping he can get to them before the "others" mentioned in the note.


Spoiler:
Looking at the card with a furrowed brow, Damersel's thoughts returned to the past.

I need to remember the teachings of the Dawnflower. I cannot let my hatred and need for revenge cloud my judgement. Everyone deserves a second chance, even Lamm.

Sliding the card in his pocket, Damersel heads to his bunk and retrieves his gear.

Guess I better go find out what this is all about.

Sorry for the long wait everyone.


female Tian Rogue 1

i meant to say ask the queen. unfortunately i had to go to bed afterwards. i was pretty sleepy when i wrote it and it hasn't been changed because time passed too fast while i was sleepy. i fixed a few background details to help with clarification. the term altar maiden is rather confusing on second thought, she was more of an all around servant to the church of Zon-Kuthon. and the masochistic tendencies were developed as a coping skill to deal with physical abuse of various forms.



Those of you that have decided to go directly to the address arrive in the following order:
1. Rutter
2. Damersel
3. Senjin
Feel free to role-play out your interactions with each other without waiting for my posts.

If you approach with 5 feet of the door:

You see a note pinned to the door. Upon closer examination, you see the following scribed in a flowery hand:

Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Copper:

The guardsman grunts at your question.
"Niklos? Not much I'm afraid. He was last seen by his uncle's shop down by the docks two days ago. Haven't heard a thing about him since. If his uncle didn't supply half of the guard with good boots I doubt we'd even still be looking."


You recognize the card as part of a Harrow deck, often used to divine the future. You know little about the art, but do know of a well-known forune-teller named Zellara who lives near the docks.

Yamiko:

You had to wait a few hours for your audience with the queen as she dined with some visiting emissaries from Magnimar. When you finally see her for a few moments in the hallway, she is almost dismissive of you:

"Psh! Well the common-folk will always come up with some reason to dislike their betters. Yes, yes, go investigate by all means, just make sure that it doesn't affect your work on the morrow. I believe that we have some new arrivals for you."

And with that, she dismisses you and continues down the corridor with her retinue.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Thanks..."

Copper heads to the door, and starts off towards the docks, wondering to himself how some of the guards in this town are capable of even dressing themselves in the morning, let alone how they keep a town safe.

Guess I may as well start with Zellara, he says to himself.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 37/37 (currently 37/37) | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

DM:
Rutter takes a look through the house, making sure no one else is there. Let me know if there are any valuables out or something that would obviously keep valuables, like a jewelry box. He's not doing a thorough search, but if something catches his eye, he might be tempted. If needed, perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24. If he finds nothing in the rest of the house, he'll return to the room with the table, and try to hide, so he can see who he's dealing with before they see him. Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


female Tian Rogue 1

Yamiko then heads to the address on the card. feeling satisfied that she got her queens opionion on the matter. she was trying to be as quiet as possible and hoping to avoid unwanted attention from certain shadier groups that could interfere with her arrival.

stealth check

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


Damersel walks to the specified address. As he arrives at the door, he stands for a minute reading the note.

Looks like I have some time to burn. He thinks to himself.

Damersel then sits at the table, grabbing some of the provided bread and drink.


Senjin finds the right street and heads up the lane slowly, pausing near each alleyway, sensing for any trouble. As he get close, he sees the door, a note apparently tacked to it. A window is lit and movement inside is evident. When he makes a move to go closer, a half-elf approachs the door, reads the note and enters.

Senjin does not recognize the man, and a little heavily armored for one of the expected thugs.

Senjin decides to risk it, and approaches the door and reads the note. Not liking it one bit, he opens the door and lets himself in. The half-elf is in the room enjoying refreshments. He makes no immediate moves, but Senjin goes to stand over by the window, in order to keep a watch on the street. Turning to the man in the room, "You do know this is probably an ambush, do you not? Not even sure why I came, but a foul wind in blowing tonight."

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 to see Rutter


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

I was waiting for the others to post about arriving at the house before I posted. Also, Senjin, I hope you dont mind me playin off your post.

As Copper nears the docks, he sees an unknown person approach the house. As the man stops to read the note attatched to the door, Copper stops in the street, pretending to looking at the wares of a merchant. When the man steps inside the house and shuts the door, Copper advances and reads the note for himself. Listening at the door, he hears a voice, "...a foul wind is blowing tonight."

Hearing this, Copper quickly takes a step back from the door, flashes a few hand signals, speaks a few arcane words, and motions towards the door. Slowly, the door creaks open. When no attacker comes forth, Copper steps into the house and quickly finds two other people, including the man who he just saw enter the building.

"Guess there's a waiting line..."

Used Mage Hand, obviously
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 to see Rutter


The man by the window stands just over 6 feet high. A hooded cloak obscures some of his face, even in this light, but long black hair frames his face and a poorly healed broken nose pushes out of the shadows. His large axe rests against the wall, but a gloved hand rests on the unmistakable glint of a smaller axe on his belt.

He does not seem surprised by the door opening and this man's appearance, as he watched from the window. But he also does not make any sudden moves.
He eyes the new comer, nods over to the chairs and refreshments, where the other warrior sits, and shrugs. "We wait, but for what, I wonder?"


female Tian Rogue 1

Walking up to the door, noticing several other strange fellows indoors at the address written on the card. she opens the door.

what you see,

a Tian female barely over 5 feet in height (61 inches) and of extremely slight build and soft features (101 lbs). her eyes were kind of a golden hazel-like color and her hair was black. if it weren't for the sound from a suit scale mail thumping beneath her black, printless kimono and the rattling of 15 feet of barbed chain worn over her obi, one would mistake her for a child. but most individuals involved in the prison system would be very familiar with her. whether as an inmate, warden, or officer.


A thin but muscular half-elf sits at the table before you, his gaze darting and untrusting, though this is only a remnant of his younger years on the street. He keeps his light blond hair long enough to cover his ears, hiding his elven heritage. His armored coat is accented with red and orange stitching. You notice a scimitar hanging from his hip and a shield emblazoned with the symbol of the Dawnflower strapped to his back, covering a red cape.

"It seems to always be a foul wind blowing in this city." As the half-elf speaks he stands and wipes his mouth and walks toward the window. You must be one of the others the note mentioned. I am Damersel, it is a pleasure to meet you." Damersel then extends his hand awaiting Senjin's grasp.

As Damersel stands waiting to be properly introduced to the man by the window, a young man enters the room. "Looks like the party is starting soon."

The appearance of the small Tian woman surprised Damersel at first. Are these people recruiting children too? He asks himself. As she moves into the room he realizes the equipment she dons. Damersel quickly drops his head in a friendly bow.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Between his short stature for for a human male (5'8"), and his thin frame, Copper appears more like a kid than the adult he actually is. His long blond hair is tied together behind him, and his blue eyes constantly scan the room, going over the decor, the food in the basket, though he takes none, and his fellow...people who are waiting...

He takes the seat across from Damersel, and pulls outa chair for Yamiko when she walks into the room.

"Welcome to the party."

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 to see if I recognize anyone in the room by reputation or appearance.


Senjin takes the man's hand warily, but then seems to relax a bit and returns a firm handshake. "My name is Senjin." He pulls back his cloak, to reveal his Shoanti features, his formerly broken nose, and the cruel scar around his eye. "I am with the Sable Company, although my being here has nothing to do with them." With that, he pulls a Harrow Card from a interior pocket in his cloak.


"Ah, I see you received a card also." Damersel then pulls out his card from his coat pocket. "Looks like whoever brought us here has a theme planned." He gives a grin moving back to his seat at the table.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"A pleasure, Im sure, Senjin. My name is Copper, and I, too, received a card.", he says, pulling the card out and laying it on the table.


Damersel Looks down at the man's card then back up at him. "Nice to meet you Copper. In case you did not hear, the name is Damersel. I am a devotee to the church of Sarenrae." In mid-sentence Damersel reaches across the table for a handshake.


Within the house, you find yourselves in a cozy chamber filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smoldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men's hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal
hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table which contains the promised bread and wine.

Rutter:
You didn't find anything of obvious value in the house other than the (not very portable) tapestries and furnishings. You've concealed yourself behind one of the tapestries in the main room and seen the others arrive. None of them have noticed you so far.

Copper:
You haven't heard of any of the other people in the room before.

Feel free to socialize among your characters. There is about a fifteen minute break in game time before any event occurs.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper takes Damersel's hand in the offered shake, "A pleasure to meet you as well, sir. Myself, I am a practitioner of the arcane arts, though my abilities are more naturally occuring than those who go through proper training to acheive the ability."

When Copper takes his seat after shaking hands, he resumes spinning the small platinum band on his left pinky finger, as if it were some sort of nervous twitch.

Looking over at the lone female in the room, Copper asks "And who might you be? If you don't mind my asking, of course."


"I also am curious of your name miss, if you will." Damersel's brow rises as he asks.


Senjin pulls a chair away from the table and places it against the wall by the window. It gives him a chance to eye this newcomer with her coil of barbed chain. If Geadren sent an assassin, this would be her. But I cannot image him being this ...exotic?...no, creative. Senjin sits down where he has one eye out the window and can yet still see the new comer.


female Tian Rogue 1

The Tian pulls out a card from one of her sleeve pockets as she walks through the door, My name is Yamiko Kurogetsu, and i too have recieved one of these cards. Yamiko then takes a seat at the table. having wine and bread with everyone else. as she was announcing herself, it was obvious that she wasn't big on social interaction. either due to shyness or nervousness. she felt intimidated trying to introduce herself to a group of individuals that she wasn't torturing.


"I have never held much faith in fortune tellers, just one more way to score against a mark."

He eyes his card with some thought. "Yet I am impressed with the information our benefactor has gathered, as this card found me, where few should know to look."

In his fingers, he flips the card about revealing to those gathered. "THE TOWER..not too much of a stretch for one living in the Sable Company's fortress....although when I first saw the card I imagined that it was me that Geadren's forces were coming to crash upon.

He glances up at the others. "Geadren is why you are all here, correct? My note mentioned as much, but at the time I thought he sent it, so this is all becoming very interesting." He gives his card a flick and it crosses the space to the table. The card slides till coming to a rest covering Copper's card, already on table's surface, protecting from view.


Damersel lays his card on the table in front of him. "The Paladin" He lets out a quick laugh. "Looks like they had the perfect one for me. I would like to know what our benefactor has against Lamm. Hopefully we will find out soon enough." He then takes another sip of his drink.


female Tian Rogue 1

Yamiko reveals her card, the queen mother. "i think that our benefactor beleives he has a sense of humor. he sent me a slanderous depiction of queen Ileosia, but the queen is the very person i happily thank for the life i live today. she paid for my education and gave me a position within the legal system. she also paid for all the tools i utilize in my profession as a jailer."


Your conversation is interrupted by the arrival of a tall, middle-aged Varisian woman. A few streaks of gray mark her long, dark hair, but she still moves with a lithe grace. As she enters the room from the street, you notice that she pulls a Harrow deck from the pocket of her dark robes.

Nodding at all of you, she seats herself in one of the two empty chairs at the table and speaks to you all in a soft, but firm and clear voice:

"Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with
my unconventional method of contacting you. My name is Zellara,
and I am a simple Varisian fortune-teller; however, I have reason to
remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm
done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man
you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as
well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty
and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched
only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves
stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an
heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my
sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran,
tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren
Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son."

"I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away.
And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow
deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out
where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery
north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted
children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures."

"And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man
on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go
to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in
advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I
have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for
decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on
the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So
there we are. It is time for him to pay."

As she speaks, she smoothly shuffles and arranges the cards on the table. They seem to dance over the surface of the table, almost with a life of their own in the hands of the skilled fortune-teller.

Rutter:

It's probably just paranoia, but you swear that as her she turns her gaze to each of the party members, she spends an equal amount of time gazing at the tapestry that you have concealed yourself behind.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Before the woman comes in...
"I got the Theater. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted."

After the woman comes in...

An Angry, yet blank stare washes over Copper's face as the woman mentions the name of his childhood tormentor, Gaedren, as if he has been yanked back to the past by his memories. Near the end of her speech, he seems to snap back to reality. "I'm in."


Damersel looks down at the table for a few seconds then back up at the woman. "I must explain to you now Zellara that I will not take the life of a living being unless I know their soul could not be redeemed. I must say, I have my doubts about Gaedran's soul, but he must get the same opportunity as anyone else." Damersel then looks around the room awaiting a lashing from the others who were wronged by Lamm.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper stares daggers Damersel's way, "I respect your opinion, but I make no such promise to not kill him. Some people, people like Gaedran, dont deserve any more opportunities. It will just lead to more strife for more victims.

Copper turns his back on the rest of the group, and lifts the back of his shirt, revealing a few dozen scars along his back, appearing to have come from a whip. "This is what I have left from my time with Gaedran as a child; I don't intend to give him a chance to do this to anyone else."

Turning back around and lowering his shirt, he again looks to Damersel, " I just got word from the local guards about the disapearance of a local kid, Niklos Korda. They dont seem too broken up about it to me. If Gaedran is back in town, I bet he's behind it. Damersel, if you help me find the kid, I'll try to restrain myself when it comes to that monster."


Damersel looks at Copper with compassion. "I know your pain. I was beaten to within moments of meeting my goddess by that man. The rage that flows through me when hearing Lamm's name is comparable to any other in this room. His path back may be lost, but life is sacred and worth fighting for."

Damersel shakes his head at the news of the missing child. "I vow to rescue him. You have my word."


"I can not say I would have any sympathy for the man if something ill were to befall him. But at one time I thought of him almost like a father, ...until I matured enough to realize the kind of man he really was. And of course, that was before he did this" He indicates his nose. "Or this from my supposed brothers." He pulls his finger along the jagged scar by his eye.

"I am not proud to say that I grew up in his family. I was not abducted but came willingly after being abandoned on the streets. I performed rough duties for him, but it was always to protect this new family of mine. That all ended when I stood up once to him over my objection to his child grabbing. That was when he turned on me."

"Considering that he will likely try to kill me on sight, just by confronting him, I can likely kill him with a clear conscious and even report the deed as self-defense to my supervisors. Saving a child, even better. But just one thing, I am sure Damersel will back me up here, nothing we do here will jeopardize my standing with the Sable Company. This is about Lamm. I have too much at stake, a chance at a new life, to allow him to ruin that too."


female Tian Rogue 1

"that is why you are lucky to have me alongside you. since i work within the legal system as a jailer. i could technically get a few strings pulled to cover up Gaedren Lamm's murder. the opinion of the citizens may become more favorable towards Queen Ileosia as well. but i too was wronged by him." Yamiko announces. she pauses into a moment or few of deep thought from when Gaedren sold her to a temple of Zon-Kuthon as a servant, and the grotesque carnal acts of lust that followed. as she re-enters reality, she tells the group, "i'm in, and i will try to make arrangements for strings to be pulled for each of us to cover up Lamm's murder. i want to smear his blood over the barbs of my chains and lick it off slowly. it shall bring quite the moment of ecstacy to perform this ritual of dominance."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

After that last bit by Yamiko, Copper's face reveals he doesn't know whether to be excited to have allies who have the same goals as he does in this venture, or more disturbed by Yamiko's desired outcome.

"...Ok...so, now what?"


Senjin shares a look with Copper. "Um..yeah. I do not have it in my heart that I am setting out to murder anybody. Stop him..yes. Have it come to violence..likely. Kill him to do it...if we must. But I am not set on a path that sees me leaving here tonight to go murder a man, no matter how foul he may be."

"Perhaps that is just words said among conspirators, but I feel it necessary for the path I have found myself upon."


A faint smile crosses Zellara's lips as she observes the diverse opinions of the group.

"Speaking for myself, I believe that Lamm deserves to die. For the murder of my son and countless other lives taken and ruined over the years. However, I am a simple fortune-teller and powerless to bring him to justice on my own, so I leave it to all of you to determine how best to deal with him. Whether he sleeps at the bottom of the Jeggare River or rots in a dungeon cell, it makes little difference to me as long as he gets his just desserts and is powerless to tear apart another young life."

"I can offer little in way of a reward besides the opportunity for revenge. However, if you wish, I may be able to use the power of the Harrow deck to pierce the veil of the future and give some clues as to what may lie ahead for each of you."

She looks expectantly at each of you, her Harrow Deck sitting on the table in front of her. You notice that each of your cards seems to have made its way back into the deck while she shuffled it.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"I've never had this done before, but if you're offering, I'd be willing to see what your cards say about my future.


Senjin moves his chair back closer to the table. "Aye, me as well. Never had one where I believed the dealer was not out just to cheat me....no offense meant."


Turning to Copper, she displays nine cards face down to you and motions for you to draw one.

"Well young man, you are touched by the forces of magic and the Harrow will be sensitive to you."

The card that you picked displays a monstrous balor carrying a lantern.

"Ah, the Demon's Lantern, a sign that guidance will come from unlikely sources for you."

Artfully re-shuffling the card into the deck, she deals nine cards out into a three by three square pattern and interprets it in the following order:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

1: The Uprising
2: The Marriage
3: The Betrayal
4: The Queen Mother
5: The Brass Dwarf
6: The Joke
7: The Publican
8: The Fiend
9: The Idiot

A frown crosses her face as she deals the cards.

"An ill-omened spread, weighted towards ill tidings for your future I fear. However, the Queen Mother dominates this hand, implying that you have gained much knowledge and power by remaining loyal to whomever you owe your allegiance to and this will continue in the future if your faith is true. The placement of the Publican implies that refuge and safe haven has been difficult for you to find in the past, although it may not always be so. The Fiend confirms the coming evil, some great calamity will befall you soon. However, The Joke and the Brass Dwarf show that you may resist the perils which loom in your future through cunning and trickery. And the final card, The Idiot confirms that even if you overcome this grievous happening, the greed and foolishness of men and women will continue to plague you."


Copper, record on your character sheet that you have one Harrow point and that your Chosen card was the Demon's Lantern. What's a Harrow point, you ask? I'll tell you soon with a post over in the discussion thread.

DM Rolls:

1d9 ⇒ 9
9d9 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 8, 4, 3, 3, 7, 8) = 47
9d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 5, 3, 4, 5, 1, 4) = 35


Smiling at Senjin, she repeats the same process with you.

"No offense taken, there are many charlatans, and few like myself that can truly interpret the Harrow."

Your chosen card is the same as Copper's, the Demon's Lantern.

"Again the Demon's Lantern, truly a sign that maintaining fealty has been important for you, but also that you should look for help where you would not expect to find it."

Artfully re-shuffling the card into the deck, she deals nine cards out into a three by three square pattern and interprets it in the following order:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

1: The Avalanche
2: The Mountain Man
3: The Lost
4: The Demon's Lantern
5: The Theater
6: The Publican
7: The Marriage
8: The Rakshasa
9: The Eclipse

"The Harrow feels your presence strongly, many of these cards are positioned to speak strongly about your past, present and future. Your past weighs heavy upon you. Positioned as they are, your Chosen card and The Avalanche speak of an escape from an impossible situation in your life. Meanwhile, The Marriage speaks that you have suffered ill from the collusion of minds against you, whether you know of it or not. The Rakshasa warns that someone will try to domineer and control you imminently, while The Theater speaks that prophecies will ring true for you, lending this telling even more importance than normal. Looking to your future, there is uncertainty. The Eclipse warns that self-doubt will dog you, but The Publican shows that you may overcome your self-doubt through the comraderie of your companions."


Senjin, you got a whopping three Harrow points and your Chosen card was the Demon's Lantern.

DM Rolls:

1d9 ⇒ 9
9d9 ⇒ (7, 6, 9, 9, 2, 3, 7, 7, 6) = 56
9d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 2, 6, 5, 6, 2, 4) = 36


female Tian Rogue 1

"i'm sorry for the grotesque ritual. i have not the best of filters. i just got the idea from a counseling session performed by an acolyte of Zon-Kuthon. a 14 year old tian female named Tomoe. it feels disturbing that i have been tasked to perform her initation next week. i know how that goes. it's best not to describe it. i'll just say that it inflicted a great deal of physical and emotional pain when i went through the rite." Yamiko says, trying to hide any signs of exitement. i would like a harrowing as well

bluff check made to hide Yamiko's sick, depraved, disturbing, explicit excitement about getting to perform Tomoe's grotesquely carnal initiation ritual upon her.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

DM Cloud, this spoiler contains explicit content, do not read the ritual if you have a weak stomach:

Said initiation ritual involves the newly appointed initiate losing thier Virginity while strapped onto the Torture Rack. whilst being stretched painfully. Poor Poor Sweet Tomoe will never be the same again. and the ritual has to be performed around a minimum of 10 other witnessing members of the kuthite clergy who may join in if desired and cannot be denied. Yamiko had to go through the exact same ritual at a much younger age.


"I too would like a reading Zellara."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Tian Rogue
Damersel the Abandoned wrote:

"I too would like a reading Zellara."

Sense Motive 1d20+4

Damersal:
you feel a little disturbed by Yamiko's words. something just doesn't seem right about her, but you can't exactly pinpoint it. it may potentially have to do with a certain Acolyte's initiation ritual.

Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 37/37 (currently 37/37) | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter rolls his eyes at the words of the half-elf. Goody two-shoes is going to get in the way of everyone's vengeance. I may need to go it alone.

Hearing the petite Tian describing her desire to lick Lamm's blood from her chain, however, brings a smile to his face. That's more like it! I might just have to let her have Lamm if she wants him so bad.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 She don't sound so nutty to Rutter!


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Well I am not entirely sure who else I hold an allegiance to, other than myself. Could the prophecy mean an ideal I hold, opposed to a 'whomever I owe my allegiance'?

Copper sits back, awaiting the readings of the others.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 vs Yamiko's Bluff.

1 to 50 of 1,676 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne / Edge of Anarchy (DM Amethyst) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.