Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)
Map of Three Rings Tavern

Rules for Blood Pig:
Goal: The goal of blood pig is to be the first team to reach five points.

Scoring Points: A player scores a point by throwing, kicking, dropping, or otherwise placing a pig in his team’s pit. (Each of the teams' pits contains a starving wolverine.) When a point is scored, a fresh pig is loaded into the cage on the opposite side of the playing field at the end of the next round.

Starting Points: Every member of a team must start the game within one of the 20-foot squares in the middle of the field. Exact positioning in these areas is left to the game players to decide. No more than eight players can play on a team.

Limitations: No weapons are allowed in a game of blood pig. Casting spells before or during a match is also not allowed. Each time one of these rules is broken, the other team gets a point. The use of fists and other unarmed attacks does not count as the use of weapons — players are allowed (and expected) to throw punches during the game.

The Game Begins: Once all the players are in position, the Emperor flips a coin. If the result is heads, a trap door opens in the northern cage and a frightened pig is raised up into the cage from a room below. If the result is tails, the pig is raised up through the trap door in the northern cage. The game begins one round later as the Emperor cries out, “GO GET YOUR PIG!” (At this point I'll roll initiative for every player.)

The Pig: Retrieving, carrying, and throwing the pig is treated as follows.

• Picking Up the Pig: Retrieving the pig from a cage is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Picking up a live pig that has been dropped on the field requires a character to also make a successful touch attack against AC 15.

• Carrying a Pig: A pig weighs 20 pounds, so your character needs to be able to carry this weight. Each round that a character carries a live pig the pig will likely do something.

• Dropping a Pig: A character that takes damage while carrying a live pig must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1 per point of damage taken) to avoid dropping the squirming pig. (Damage taken does not incur a chance of dropping a dead pig.)

• Passing a Pig: A character can pass a pig to a teammate as a standard action if he is within reach of a teammate.

• Throwing a Pig: A pig is an improvised thrown weapon, and thus imparts a –4 penalty on attack rolls. It has a range increment of 10 feet. Catching a thrown pig requires a DC 12 Reflex check.

• Into a Pit: In order to throw a pig into a pit, the thrower must hit AC 6 with the thrown pig. Dropping a pig into an adjacent pit is a free action and is automatically successful.

• Dropped Pig: A pig that is dropped runs in a straight line away from the closest person on Initiative count 0 each round, moving at a speed of 20 feet.

• Interceptions: A character can attempt to intercept a thrown pig by successfully hitting it if it passes through a square he threatens.

• Stealing a Pig: A character can grab a pig out of another person’s hands by making a successful disarm attempt. The pig will likely do something when this occurs.

The Pits: Each pit contains a particularly hungry and aggressive wolverine. The pits are little more than holes that drop into a ten-foot-square room below; there are no walls to climb up to escape a pit, forcing those who fall into the pit to fly or make a standing 10-foot-high Acrobatics check to escape (for a Medium creature, this is a DC 16 Acrobatics check to leap up and grab the edge above; for a Small creature, it’s a DC 48 Acrobatics check). Bull-rushing an opponent into a pit is a time-honored tactic to weaken the enemy team’s resources. A character who kills one of the two wolverines automatically forfeits the game for his team, in which case the other team is declared the winner. The wolverines may also attempt to leap up and attack anyone standing at the edge of a pit.


4,901 to 4,950 of 4,997 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

"That's correct," Vencarlo chimes in. "We try to save as many as we can. Most of these thugs are but sheep that follow the wrong leader. We can show them the way."

His expression saddens when Imoya tells about his wife. "I'm sorry for your loss, Imoya. Let us make this city a better place together, and let us ensure such a horror won't occur to anyone else."

Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Vencarlo then moves over to one of the surviving thugs and tries to stabilize him, but it doesn't help. "Can anyone else try? I'm not good at this..."

Laori meanwhile slowly moves up to Imoya, brings her mouth to his ear, and whispers to him.

DC 15 Perception, or be named Imoya:
"If you're ready for someone new in your life, know that I like burning and hurting people. Just think about all the delicious screams we can let others make. You can even make me scream, if you want to."

She gives Imoya a seductive wink when she moves away from him.

Perception, Vencarlo: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Imoya raises a brow to the crazy woman, saying nothing.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer walks among the dead and mostly dead, glad when a few aren't just ashes. She sighs.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 Perception

She shakes her head again, keeping her thoughts to herself.

"Well, if there is nothing else, we should get moving."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

"Aye, we should. No sense in lingering here. If these guys are stable we should continue."

Mavor leans in closer and checks for vital signs further.
Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Not my forte alas, I can dish it out, but I can't seem to bind people."

He stands back up again, hoisting his greataxe unto its resting point on his shoulder, ready to move along if everyone's done.


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Tural patches them up, and once satisfied joins the group to move on.


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

Tural's heal for the 2nd guy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Tural successfully stabilizes both of the thugs that barely cling onto life, and you continue your merry way to the 'Emperor' his 'Palace.'

Not too long after you've resumed walking another mob of similar size approaches you, albeit in a less hostile manner this time around.

I'll push this forward.

"Greetings!" the man at the lead of the small mob, counting half a dozen men total, says as they approach. "I am here to extend an invitation from the Emperor. He wishes to speak to you in his palace."

After a while you arrive at the palace, which is just a bunch of buildings connected to each other, and follow the small mob through the door of one of the buildings.

See the new map. You enter at the top left building.

The interior of this particular building, which was once a home, has been gutted. A huge mound of rubble—broken timbers, bits of wall, ruined furniture, and more—lies heaped in the center of the room. Rickety wooden stairs wind up to a splintered hole in the wall near the roof above.

You cross a rope bridge onto what once might have been an attic. It has been cleared of all clutter, leaving a large open area under exposed rafters and the roof above. Another rope bridge leads to a building southwest, and a flight of stairs descends to a lower floor to the northwest. Four armored men stand guard inside this room.

There's a discussion between one of the armored men and the leader of the mob, and it's agreed upon that you may proceed.

"Ready to meet the Emperor?" the mob leader asks.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer looks at the mooks, remembering when she was one of them. Now she considered herself to be an above average mook, and with nicer gear. They all had s*&@ty jobs, and Baer wonders if this guard job for some minor 'king' might be better than the mess she had gotten herself into.

"I'm ready. What can we expect from the 'Emperor'?" Baer grunts in reply.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Uneasey, Imoya remains silent while the others handle communications.
Such a den of scum and villainy had him tense, his eyes looking over the mob of gangsters...each likely to kill for a simple bag of coin...
Imoya's eyes began to narrow win thought but shook himself out of it.


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

Tural patiently waits behind Baer. He softly mumbles some words as he imbues her with Barkskin.


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

"As ready as we'll ever be I reckon. Come on lad, take us to him."

He looks round the assembled mob and flashes a few of his above average teeth when one looks at him directly.


Male Hellspawn Avenger 7 (HP 30/52 | AC:21 | T:14 | FF:18 | CMB: +6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +10 | Speed: 40 ft.)

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Quorthos remains on his guard despite the friendly demeanor of the new mob. He tries not to show hostility at the mention of the "emperor". Ridiculous title... as if royalty can just be declared!

Quote:
"Ready to meet the Emperor?" the mob leader asks.

"We're ready to meet your master," Quorthos replies, with perhaps a bit too much emphasis on the word "your". Turning to the others, he whispers, "Remember, we have to find Salvator and the Seneschal... we might have to indulge this goon to do that."


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Imoya smirks, listening to Quorthos being's quip.
"Say the word and they'll be ash, Qorthos."

As we enter the throne room, Imoya casts mage armor and shield on himself.


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

The door is opened and you're escorted inside by the mob that brought you here. The four guards stay behind, but give Imoya some weird looks when he starts casting spells.

This open-air balcony is shielded from rain and sun by a brightly colored canvas roof that extends up over the area like a dome, held in place by a wooden framework. The inside of the canvas has been decorated in scenes of gruesome debauchery: battlefields, executions, torture chambers, and man-eating monsters all vie for space. The balcony itself contains two major features of note. The first is a high-backed throne that looks like a poor man’s version of the Crimson Throne itself, a thing of blood-red cushions and silks and spikes. Directly west of the throne stands an intimidating device, a tall guillotine of carved wood and bone, its base depicting grasping demonic feet and the housing that holds its glittering blade a leering demonic face.

On the imitation throne sits a sleazy man wearing a combination of garbs that's apparently meant to make him look royal-ish. Next to the guillotine stands a gnome with an executioner's mask. One of the eye holes of the mask has been sown shut.

"Greetings," the unwashed man on the throne says with a serious and surprisingly charismatic voice. "I am Emperor Pilts Swastel, ruler of Old Korvosa. I heard you invaded my empire and burned some of my men?"

The self-styled Emperor then burst out laughing. "Wish I could've seen it, bwahaha!"

The gnome next to the execution device joins Pilts with more laughter: "Bwababa!"

There's a soft giggle from Laori.

"I don't like any of these new people," Majenko tells you telepathically.

A new section of the map's been revealed.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Imoya's hand tenses briefly before he quickly places it into a pocket of his coat.
He takes a deep breath. Calming himself down.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer looks around to see if others wish to respond and will only if no one else is going to speak. She doesn't think she has the right words, and only the wrong ones.

"Any of you think you can handle this?" Baer whispers.

I'll give it a go tomorrow morning if none of y'all haven't.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

"Mavor or Tural should take a go, i'm not a negotiator."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

"Me neither Denario, but I'm a good bluffer. I think we need to see why he wanted to see us, as well as the other way around."

Mavor whispers back to Denario. Then the big half-orc looks back at Baer, then at Quorthos and Tural. He takes a step forward and calls out.
"Greetings to you Emperor Pilts. The burning of your men could have been avoided if they just listened we meant no harm. Assuredly, that's not the only reason you invited us to your palace am I right?"


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 +2 If citizen
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 +2 If citizen

Tural also starts laughing, his heavy voice resounding through the arena.
"Bwahaha! There's more where that came from!"

Going to give this a try, he likes suffering. Maybe I can convince him to go along with us.

Want to give violence a try, I'll place it in spoilers in case anyone objects.

Violent way:

He turns around, extends his hand and gushes of flames flow over the two men behind the group. He turns back to the 'king' with a big evil smile on his face. Tural suddenly seems a lot larger, scars covering his whole body. The grit from battle stuck to his body as a grimace of rage stretches across his face.

Burning hands DC 17 reflex for half: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 3, 4) = 17


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer would prefer to avoid violence, and waits to hear what comes next.

"Greetings, Emperor," Baer grunts, trying to be as friendly as she can under the circumstances.


Male Hellspawn Avenger 7 (HP 30/52 | AC:21 | T:14 | FF:18 | CMB: +6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +10 | Speed: 40 ft.)

Quorthos only nods when the fat man greets them. When the Mavor speaks up, Quorthos steps forward and nods. "Clearly someone so powerful knows why we are here, as well," he adds. "I believe it will be to all of our advantage to exchange what information you wish for the information we wish." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

At Tural's laugh, Quorthos turns his head suddenly to look at the tree man, one eyebrow raised. I'm not sure we want to kill more people just to add to our Bluff check, do we? I don't... but I'll go along with whatever happens.

If Tural starts to cast a hostile spell:
(Spellcraft, take 10 for 20.) Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
If I win initiative:
Quorthos grabs Tural's arm, interrupting the spell before it is cast. "Now, now, friend... let's not be hasty and end any more lives today. These fine folks are just doing a job, hey?"
If I lose initiative: I guess we're attacking... Quorthos' dagger slides into his hand as he dimensionally slides to the other side of the throne, to flank with Mavor. He then readies an action to stab the "emperor" if he doesn't surrender. "You will tell us what we want to know, and then we will decide whether to feed you to your pet machine over there. Any other move will result in your slow, painful death. Do you understand, 'Your Highness'?"


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

I will steer the non-violent way for now, as we've kind of just been over that and at least one person wants to try the non-violent approach.

@Quorthos: Why'd you make him fat? :P

Pilts shakes his head and resumes in a careful tone: "No, I don't know why you're in my empire. That's what I'd like to ask you."

"On the topic of questions, don't ask me if you're right. Why do you need confirmation about being right? And don't ask questions unless asked if you want to ask something. It greatly bothers me, as I'm the Emperor and you. Are. Not."

He claps his hands thrice, lightly, and shows a toothy smile. "I had you summoned, because I want to know what you're doing in my Empire. You're not from around, and yet you start burning people. That's my job. Not yours. So what's your reason for showing up?"


Male Hellspawn Avenger 7 (HP 30/52 | AC:21 | T:14 | FF:18 | CMB: +6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +10 | Speed: 40 ft.)

I don't know, I just got this sense of a Jabba the Hutt-like guy on his throne... although rereading, I see you never called him fat, just sleazy. Huh.

"We're seeking a man, an artist by the name of Salvator. We've heard that you may know of his whereabouts," Quorthos begins. "We want him. Simple." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

"We are here to escape from the queen and to fight back."
Tural simply answers, not wanting to aggravate the man more than necessary.
"We crossed the river by boat to get to this safe haven. We are searching for a man to aid us."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer grunts, nodding in agreement...

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 Diplomacy to aid

...but ends up looking like she's smelling one of Tural's tree-farts. It's not a pretty look.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4
Quorthos wrote:
I don't know, I just got this sense of a Jabba the Hutt-like guy on his throne... although rereading, I see you never called him fat, just sleazy. Huh.

Same here on the Jabba-scene, with the gnome joining the laughing.

Let's hope this guy buys it, it's pretty packed right now.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Imoya keeps his hands in his pockets but his eyes keep fixed on the thug to his left, as if awaiting the word to turn him to ash with vicious impunity.
Know. Local to know if this thug group was a power 5 years back: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
He whispers to Denario causally.

normal whisper:
"When did this group rise? I do not recall them being a power half a decade ago."


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

Haha! :P

"Of course! Of course I know about the famous Salvator Scream! I have him painting paintings for me, right as we speak!"

Pilts showed you a wicked grin. "You want him? Hmmm... okay!"

His eyes dart between you. "Buuuut...!"

"First, you must defeat my men in a game of blood pig."

Pilts leans back and places his fingertips together, awaiting your reaction with a gleeful twinkle in his eyes.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

"What are the terms of this fight?"
Imoya speaks up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

"Yeah. What are the rules?" Baer asks, wondering how many of his own men the Emperor is willing to lose in a game.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Whispered reply to Imoya:

"I don't know. I've lived in the more central part of Korvosa, i've not had business in this part of the city."

"Blood pig?"


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

"Blood Pig is a nasty brawlers game. The goal is to take a dead pig from one end of the field to the other end. Although everyone is entitled to punch, kick, tackle you to get that pig back on their side. Weapons aren't allowed, but you know rogues and street thugs, they always have something up their sleeve. So could we perhaps, magic may not be completely out of the question. Anything to enhance our fists might be worthwhile."

Mavor replies to the whispers he hears from behind him.

"Laori? This might be right up your alley. You want to join in on the fun?"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

"That's Blood Pig? What's the one with scantily clad strumpets hit each other with oversized gloves?" Baer asks, happy to brawl. Heck, she's always up for a brawl.

"Sure, I'll play," Baer cracks her knuckles, happy to get it on.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

Pondering the field game, Imoya smirks.
"Very well. Ill join in."


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

@Mavor: With your roll you're aware of various versions of the game, including the one Pilts will explain to you. This version uses a live pig! Or, well, that's the way it starts out...

"Of course I'll play!" Laori excitedly responds to Mavor.

Pilts nods with a look of similar excitement. "I will explain the rules! Listen carefully, as I will only explain them once!"

The map's been updated, with the playing field now revealed east of your current location. Please read the rules and take a look at the field, then place yourselves inside the square that's the southern starting point when ready to proceed. (Laori and Vencarlo will join you.)

Rules for Blood Pig:
Goal: The goal of blood pig is to be the first team to reach five points.

Scoring Points: A player scores a point by throwing, kicking, dropping, or otherwise placing a pig in his team’s pit. (Each of the teams' pits contains a starving wolverine.) When a point is scored, a fresh pig is loaded into the cage on the opposite side of the playing field at the end of the next round.

Starting Points: Every member of a team must start the game within one of the 20-foot squares in the middle of the field. Exact positioning in these areas is left to the game players to decide. No more than eight players can play on a team.

Limitations: No weapons are allowed in a game of blood pig. Casting spells before or during a match is also not allowed. Each time one of these rules is broken, the other team gets a point. The use of fists and other unarmed attacks does not count as the use of weapons — players are allowed (and expected) to throw punches during the game.

The Game Begins: Once all the players are in position, the Emperor flips a coin. If the result is heads, a trap door opens in the northern cage and a frightened pig is raised up into the cage from a room below. If the result is tails, the pig is raised up through the trap door in the northern cage. The game begins one round later as the Emperor cries out, “GO GET YOUR PIG!” (At this point I'll roll initiative for every player.)

The Pig: Retrieving, carrying, and throwing the pig
is treated as follows.

• Picking Up the Pig: Retrieving the pig from a cage is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Picking up a live pig that has been dropped on the field requires a character to also make a successful touch attack against AC 15.

• Carrying a Pig: A pig weighs 20 pounds, so your character needs to be able to carry this weight. Each round that a character carries a live pig the pig will likely do something.

• Dropping a Pig: A character that takes damage while carrying a live pig must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1 per point of damage taken) to avoid dropping the squirming pig. (Damage taken does not incur a chance of dropping a dead pig.)

• Passing a Pig: A character can pass a pig to a teammate as a standard action if he is within reach of a teammate.

• Throwing a Pig: A pig is an improvised thrown weapon, and thus imparts a –4 penalty on attack rolls. It has a range increment of 10 feet. Catching a thrown pig requires a DC 12 Reflex check.

• Into a Pit: In order to throw a pig into a pit, the thrower must hit AC 6 with the thrown pig. Dropping a pig into an adjacent pit is a free action and is automatically successful.

• Dropped Pig: A pig that is dropped runs in a straight line away from the closest person on Initiative count 0 each round, moving at a speed of 20 feet.

• Interceptions: A character can attempt to intercept a thrown pig by successfully hitting it if it passes through a square he threatens.

• Stealing a Pig: A character can grab a pig out of another person’s hands by making a successful disarm attempt. The pig will likely do something when this occurs.

The Pits: Each pit contains a particularly hungry and aggressive wolverine. The pits are little more than holes that drop into a ten-foot-square room below; there are no walls to climb up to escape a pit, forcing those who fall into the pit to fly or make a standing 10-foot-high Acrobatics check to escape (for a Medium creature, this is a DC 16 Acrobatics check to leap up and grab the edge above; for a Small creature, it’s a DC 48 Acrobatics check). Bull-rushing an opponent into a pit is a time-honored tactic to weaken the enemy team’s resources. A character who kills one of the two wolverines automatically forfeits the game for his team, in which case the other team is declared the winner. The wolverines may also attempt to leap up and attack anyone standing at the edge of a pit.


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

Tural glances at the muscles in the party and hopes that he doesn't have to participate.
"I will pass and let them do it."

I will let them sap my health, that will help them. Not casting spells is a pain though...

Life link is in place, I will severe the link when I get low. Battle wards sadly ran out during the previous fight :/


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer grunts and jumps in, ready to go as is.

GM SN, Can you pin the rules to the game onto the Campaign Info tab or on the top links?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

"I want you to play," Pilts tells Tural, making it clear that's the only option he's giving him.

The rules are now at the top of the thread.


Male Hellspawn Avenger 7 (HP 30/52 | AC:21 | T:14 | FF:18 | CMB: +6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +10 | Speed: 40 ft.)

Quorthos crosses his arms and look at the 'emperor'. "We outnumber your men," he notes casually. "Are you going to play as well, or should we have a couple of our folks sit out to even the odds?" He doesn't really want to play any game involving a live pig, and doesn't trust the man to not spirit Salvator away while we`re distracted with the game.

"If I'd known you were an art lover, I would have brought you a gift," Quorthos continues, trying to make himself the most interesting person to have to sit out and chat with the emperor. "If you like Salavtor's art, then I bet you'd love Pickman's work... it's even more gruesome. I have several of his unnamed works myself." Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Mavor gets into the pit as well and saunters over to the north-east corner of the team's playing field.

Passing Baer qnd Imoya he whispers.
"I'm gonna play dirty and use every trick I can. Shoving someone into that pit might get him out of commission pretty quickly. Shoving them pig and all into the goal might also be worthwhile if we can manage it. Dirty tricks might be a good thing here."


(HP 52/52 | AC:19 | T:12 | FF:17 | CMB:3 | CMD:15 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+16 | Init:+8 | Perc:+20 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 7/7 minutes

Is using hexes allowed, they are technically not spells :)

Tural shrugs and joins the others inside the pit.
"This is going to be hell..."


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

"Not yet...not hot enough."


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

For blood pig anything spell-like counts as a spell :P

Laori also moves into the starting square, taking a position awkwardly close to Imoya. She winks at him and blows him a kiss.

Vencarlo takes up a position next to Mavor and whispers, "I don't like this one bit..."

"I have plenty of men," Pilts says and claps his hands while looking at the mob leader. "Fetch some more and get onto the field!"

The mob leader nods and leaves the way you entered. Meanwhile the others from the mob take positions inside their starting square.

"Weeelll?" Pilts asks Quorthos and Denario, clearly getting a bit impatient.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Denario shrugs, looking at Quorthos, and casually gets into the pit with the others.


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

"Did not expect to play 'games' when I join up with this group."
Imoya looks to the others before realizing that Laori has been near him closer then expected.
"Laori, make as many 'accidents' occur to these bandits as possible." he sighed.


Male Hellspawn Avenger 7 (HP 30/52 | AC:21 | T:14 | FF:18 | CMB: +6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +10 | Speed: 40 ft.)

"Excellent, I just didn't want you to be at a disadvantage," Quorthos replies. He sidles into the pit, making sure his weapons are all tight in their sheaths so nothing comes loose.

As he moves past Baer and Mavor, he whispers, "The more of them unconscious, the better... "


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

I moved Denario into the pit. Gave him a random position.

"I will, darling," Laori tells Imoya, then giggles as she twirls a strand of hair around her finger.

The mob leader returns with two more thugs. There's some shuffling as the three of them also enter their starting square.

Pilts and the gnome take up positions at the side of the field, and Majenko settles down not to far away from them.

"I'll keep an eye on them, in case they try something!" Majenko informs you.

"ARRRRRRE YOU READYYYYY?!?!?!" Pilts yells in a loud voice.

He pulls a coin from a pocket and tosses it into the air. The coin lands in the palm of his hand, which he places on the back of his other hand. Slowly, he lifts his hand from the coin...

1 heads, 2 tails: 1d2 ⇒ 1

"Heads, heads!" Pilts hisses to the gnome, who quickly starts pulling some levers.

"SET!" Pilts yells while a frightened pig is raised up into the northern cage from a room below.

"GO GET YOUR PIG!!!" The cage opens.

Initiative:

Baer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Denario: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Imoya: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Mavor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Quorthos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tural: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Laori: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Vencarlo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Black: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Pink: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Purple (Mob leader): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Tie breaker:
Imoya: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Purple (Mob leader): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The thug with the orange pants moves over to the cage and lifts the squirming pig from it. His mate with the yellow pants joins him at the cage.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 NL Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The thug with the pink pants punches Vencarlo in his face. "Take that! Ha!"

Round 1:
Orange
Yellow
Pink
Baer
Laori
Purple (Mob leader)
Imoya
Black
Red
Blue
Green
Vencarlo 6NL
Tural
Quorthos
Mavor
Denario
Pig actions


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 1

Baer cracks her knuckles as she moves up.

"I like this game already!" Baer grunts as she swings at black, offering a head butt to the man's chin.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 to hit vs FF;
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 non-lethal.

orcish:
"Mavor, let's focus on getting a few of these thugs off the board so we can move on to the winning."

Baer Combat Stats:

AC 21 (10+5armor+3dex+1NA) + 3 barkskin=24

[ooc]HP 55/57
Action Power Activate! 1/7 used
Staff 10/10 available.
Ferocious today? No.
Fly: 1/7 used.
PearloPower1: 1/3 used

Base without magic/PA:
[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+6[/dice] damage.

or

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

Baer moves up to and headbutts the thug with the black pants, dealing an unpleasant and heavy blow to his chin.

Spiked armor hug: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Woooo! Death to the enemy!" Laori cheers as she moves to stand next to the thug with the blue pants and hugs him.

The thug starts screaming as the spikes from Laori's armor dig into his flesh. "OW! OW! She's using a weapon! She's using a weapon!"

"Weapons aren't allowed!" Pilts yells. "I'll overlook it this turn, because it looks cool to see his skin like that, but don't do it again!"

"Awww," Laori says as she lets go of the thug, but then grins and shrugs. "Ah well, so be it! Guess I'll just punch people in the face then!"

Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 NL Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 NL Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The mob leader, who wears purple pants, decides to also target Vencarlo. He hits the flatfooted fencing master against his temple and hurts him badly.

Round 1:
Orange
Yellow
Pink
Baer
Laori
Purple (Mob leader)
Imoya
Black 6NL
Red
Blue -6
Green
Vencarlo 15NL
Tural
Quorthos
Mavor
Denario
Pig actions


LN Ifrit Fire Sorcerer 7
Vitals:
HP:37/37| AC: 17 (T:17|FF:14)|Saves (F+3|R+5|W+3)|Perc +9|Initiative: +7|Fire Resist 10
Resources:
Fire Ray 9/day 1d6+3 fire| Lv 1 spells: 7/8|Lv2 Spells: 7/7|Lv3 spells: 2/5| Spell-Like: Burninghands 1/day 5d4+10|

"I have no idea what I'm expected to Do!" Imoya says eyeing the pig over wonder. He gets uncomfortably close to Baer from behind seemingly trying to throw a punch at her foe.
Secretly he attempts to trip [blue] with subtle spell
bluff to conceal casting of thunderstomp (DC19): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

@Imoya: Thunderstomp doesn't have a DC. It requires you to rolls a combat maneuver check to trip the target. I'll roll it this time, to keep things moving.

Imoya casts thunderstomp while pretending to throw a punch at one of the thugs, meanwhile stamping his foot on the floor and sending a small shockwave at said thug.

Pilts's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

"One point for the home team!" Pilts yells, immediately noticing the spell being cast. "One of the red ones used a spell!"

Thunderstomp: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Imoya's spell then makes contact with its target, but the thug doesn't even notice an effect.

The gnome next to Pilts pulls out a scoreboard, flips a plate over on one side, and holds the board up while announcing, "1 - 0 for the home team!"

Black's Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 NL Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The thug with the black pants throws a punch at Vencarlo, but his fist bounces off the battle ward Tural cast on Vencarlo. The battle ward then shatters.

"He used magic!" the thug yells.

Pilts shrugs. "Didn't see anything being cast now. Anyway, it's gone now. Proceed!"

Red's Unarmed Strike, Flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17 NL Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The thug with the red pants moves to flank Mavor, throws a punch, and hurts his fist by hitting Mavor's armor.

Blue's Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 NL Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The thugs with the blue pants throws a punch a Laori, who dodges the attack.

"Your punch was weak!" Laori declares. "If you're going to hurt me, I want it to feel bad and really hurt!"

Green's Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 NL Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The thugs with the green pants moves up to Laori and is about to throw a punch, when he suddenly trips and barely manages to avoid falling flat on his face.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 NL Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 NL Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Vencarlo turns to the already wounded thug with the black pants and delivers two quick jabs. A smile parts the fencing master's lips. "It's been a long time since I fought without a weapon."

Round 1:
Orange
Yellow
Pink
Baer
Laori
Purple (Mob leader)
Imoya
Black 9NL
Red
Blue -6
Green
Vencarlo 15NL
Tural
Quorthos
Mavor
Denario

Pig actions

4,901 to 4,950 of 4,997 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.