Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)
Map of Three Rings Tavern

Rules for Blood Pig:
Goal: The goal of blood pig is to be the first team to reach five points.

Scoring Points: A player scores a point by throwing, kicking, dropping, or otherwise placing a pig in his team’s pit. (Each of the teams' pits contains a starving wolverine.) When a point is scored, a fresh pig is loaded into the cage on the opposite side of the playing field at the end of the next round.

Starting Points: Every member of a team must start the game within one of the 20-foot squares in the middle of the field. Exact positioning in these areas is left to the game players to decide. No more than eight players can play on a team.

Limitations: No weapons are allowed in a game of blood pig. Casting spells before or during a match is also not allowed. Each time one of these rules is broken, the other team gets a point. The use of fists and other unarmed attacks does not count as the use of weapons — players are allowed (and expected) to throw punches during the game.

The Game Begins: Once all the players are in position, the Emperor flips a coin. If the result is heads, a trap door opens in the northern cage and a frightened pig is raised up into the cage from a room below. If the result is tails, the pig is raised up through the trap door in the northern cage. The game begins one round later as the Emperor cries out, “GO GET YOUR PIG!” (At this point I'll roll initiative for every player.)

The Pig: Retrieving, carrying, and throwing the pig is treated as follows.

• Picking Up the Pig: Retrieving the pig from a cage is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Picking up a live pig that has been dropped on the field requires a character to also make a successful touch attack against AC 15.

• Carrying a Pig: A pig weighs 20 pounds, so your character needs to be able to carry this weight. Each round that a character carries a live pig the pig will likely do something.

• Dropping a Pig: A character that takes damage while carrying a live pig must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1 per point of damage taken) to avoid dropping the squirming pig. (Damage taken does not incur a chance of dropping a dead pig.)

• Passing a Pig: A character can pass a pig to a teammate as a standard action if he is within reach of a teammate.

• Throwing a Pig: A pig is an improvised thrown weapon, and thus imparts a –4 penalty on attack rolls. It has a range increment of 10 feet. Catching a thrown pig requires a DC 12 Reflex check.

• Into a Pit: In order to throw a pig into a pit, the thrower must hit AC 6 with the thrown pig. Dropping a pig into an adjacent pit is a free action and is automatically successful.

• Dropped Pig: A pig that is dropped runs in a straight line away from the closest person on Initiative count 0 each round, moving at a speed of 20 feet.

• Interceptions: A character can attempt to intercept a thrown pig by successfully hitting it if it passes through a square he threatens.

• Stealing a Pig: A character can grab a pig out of another person’s hands by making a successful disarm attempt. The pig will likely do something when this occurs.

The Pits: Each pit contains a particularly hungry and aggressive wolverine. The pits are little more than holes that drop into a ten-foot-square room below; there are no walls to climb up to escape a pit, forcing those who fall into the pit to fly or make a standing 10-foot-high Acrobatics check to escape (for a Medium creature, this is a DC 16 Acrobatics check to leap up and grab the edge above; for a Small creature, it’s a DC 48 Acrobatics check). Bull-rushing an opponent into a pit is a time-honored tactic to weaken the enemy team’s resources. A character who kills one of the two wolverines automatically forfeits the game for his team, in which case the other team is declared the winner. The wolverines may also attempt to leap up and attack anyone standing at the edge of a pit.


1 to 50 of 4,995 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Baer marches through the city, having a hard time keeping her anger in check. Baer pauses again on her walk, and scratches at the one light horizontal scar across the inside of her left wrist... a symbol of her pain and suffering at one time. A fate and destiny based on the whims of a known liar.

Baer grips her quarterstaff even tighter, white knuckles showing through green skin. She scratches at the scar on her left wrist again, and a card drops out of her sleeve. She picks it up and looks at the card.

Flip the card over:
”I know what Gaedren has done
to you. He has wronged me as
well. I know where he dwells,
yet cannot strike at him. Come
to my home at 3 Lancet Street
at sunset. Others like you will
be there. Gaedren must face his
fate, and justice must be done.”

------
Denario was busy one afternoon with the finals of a game. His sister had eluded their parents again, she'd likely grow up a good sneak. Just as Denario had eliminated another opponent, a friend of his came in. ”Denario, man hey listen to me.”

"What's up? I'm almost through with this last guy and..."

”Man, your little sis appeared again and got snatched away.”

Denario's eyes widened... "What? Who?"

”This is the part you're not gonna like man. Remember that rumored crime lord? He's got her.....a guy matched the man's "recruiter" description.”

The last guy was rude; ”Oi, you gonna finish the game or what?” Denario looked at him furiously. Holding a chip, he flicked it at the guy, leaving a red imprint on his face.

It was the first time Denario ever walked out of a card game, and as he opened the door a strong breeze almost knocked him off of his feet. Something soft hit his cheek, and in a reflex Denario grabbed hold of it. He was about to throw it away when he noticed it was a card.

Flip the card over:
”I know what Gaedren has done
to you. He has wronged me as
well. I know where he dwells,
yet cannot strike at him. Come
to my home at 3 Lancet Street
at sunset. Others like you will
be there. Gaedren must face his
fate, and justice must be done.”

Were the cards in Denario’s favor?

------
Hung Hei Kwoon had interviewed many people in town, and his sense for when people are trying to deceive him had proved useful in his ongoing investigation. He had found the place where Gaedren Lamm was hiding. Or so he thought...

It turned out the place Hung Hei found, an old warehouse, was abandoned. There were traces of recent human presence, but it was obvious Gaedren Lamm wasn’t here. Hung Hei then noticed a card on the floor, and picked it up.

Flip the card over:
”I know what Gaedren has done
to you. He has wronged me as
well. I know where he dwells,
yet cannot strike at him. Come
to my home at 3 Lancet Street
at sunset. Others like you will
be there. Gaedren must face his
fate, and justice must be done.”

------
Mavor didn’t have a lot of luck finding Gaedren Lamm, even when he actively started searching for the man. He went back to the orphanage where he grew up, but it turned out that specific orphanage was no longer used as a place for recruitment of the Gaedren little Lamms.

As Mavor was in need of some money he decided to pickpocket someone. He took a good look at the people in the street he was in, and his eyes came to rest upon someone Mavor recognized: a thief he’d seen snooping around this neighborhood before.

”Those guards seem awfully prepared and numerous, you suppose they’re coming for you?” Mavor asked the thief while approaching him.

The thief panicked and turned to look behind him. ”Guards?! Where?!”

When the thief turned he got hit by a club to his head and Mavor earned another week or so worth of food and coin. Mavor tossed the empty coin purse on the ground, and put the stolen coins in his own purse. While reaching into his own purse Mavor’s hand touched a card that hadn’t been there before, and he took it out of his purse.

Flip the card over:
”I know what Gaedren has done
to you. He has wronged me as
well. I know where he dwells,
yet cannot strike at him. Come
to my home at 3 Lancet Street
at sunset. Others like you will
be there. Gaedren must face his
fate, and justice must be done.”

You'll all be able to find the place, and know it's close to the docks. See the map of Korvosa, linked on top of the thread, for the exact location.


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Looking at the card in his hand, Mavor flipped it over and over thinking what it could mean.
The Uprising hmm? Perhaps it is time for one indeed, toppling Gaedren's reign in the streets of Korvosa would be a good start. But how did it get inside his purse?

Distraught with the thought, Mavor looks around the dark alleyway to see if he might have missed someone that got too close to him, but didn't recognise any of the known pickpockets around there.

Means I've got another question to ask the person then, that's one good trick of stealth if I've ever witnessed one. Lancet Street 3 at sunset it is, let's see what or who is getting dragged along.

Mavor moves back out of the alley and looks up at the sky, to get an indication on how late it was. Around mid-afternoon I'd wager. Nodding to himself he sets out for the marketplace as it's around closing time and he could try to haggle for the last pieces of fruit, dried meat and bread others hadn't bought yet.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Kwoon looks over his card. What kind of madman uses a goofy card to relay a message? Better go back and inform my employer. Hung Hei Kwoon (Kwoon is his first name, Hung is his family name) quickly walks back to the tavern where he works and lives.

Kwoon bows to his employer, and then enters. "Master, I bring good news on my search. I believe I have my first solid lead in finding Jovalson. This strange card was left in a warehouse and it says something about Gaedren. I've heard he is a bad man and he could be involved. What do you know about him, and what do you make of this strange card? I have never seen anything like it in my homeland."


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Denario straightened his jacket, the inner sight of cards folding over his sleeved shirt.
A harrowing card, genuine one, no cheap knockoff. I'd best get going if i want to get back at that kidnapper. He's got to answer for this.

GM wrote:
Were the cards in Denario’s favor?

Who knows, a peacock is a colorful bird, and keys are means to unknown places.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer turns the card over in her hands repeatedly, getting angrier and angrier...as if it was some sort of joke.

The Bear!? What is that supposed to mean?

Baer stomps a few steps before reading the card yet again.

"Do you mock me yet again, Gaedren?" Baer asks of the clouds...she stomps on, intending to be there and beat Gaedren and his lies into pulp when she finds them there. "I will not fall victim to your lies again."

Baer tromps on, intending to be there sunset.


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

At the marketplace:
When Mavor arrives he sees some of the vendors are packing up already. There agree still a few market stands, one of which sells fresh fruit. There's not a lot of fruit left safe for some apples, pears and bananas. "You looking to buy something?" the old woman at the stand asks Mavor, eying him nervously.

At the house of Kwoon's employer:
"Gaedren Lamm... that bastard!" Kwoon's employer exclaims with anger in his voice.
"He's a crime lord... Abducts children, and lets them work for him. Work? Bah! He lets them steal! His little Lamms he calls them."

He pauses for a second and shakes his head. "If Jovalson's abducted by Lamm the guards won't help us. They tried finding Lamm before, but to no avail. Speaking of the guards, I went to them this morning. They refuse to do anything for me!"

The man pauses again and looks Kwoon in his eyes. When he speaks again his voice breaks. "Please find my boy, Kwoon! Please!"

For those who go to 3 Lancet Street:
You arrive in front of the house, which doesn't stand out from the other houses in the neighborhood. The curtains are closed even though the sun's still up. Several people walk the streets while you stand in front of the house. Some look at you, but just briefly.

If you'd knock you'd get no reply. You may, however, notice the door's not locked...

Enter the house:

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

There's a simple note on the table, weighed down with a stone paperweight:

"Thank you for coming. I
had to step out for a
bit, but shall return
shortly. Please, have a
seat while you wait. The
basket under the table
contains bread and drink
for you."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Mavor looks to the woman and then at the fruit still displayed there.

"Why yes, you're still selling those aren't you?" he points to the apples and pears. "Never liked those yellow things, doesn't taste like real fruit to me." He smiles a half-smile at the woman.

"So what would these 'runts of the litter' pieces of fruit cost me?"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer walks by the door at 3 Sunset, not once, not twice, but thrice before entering. She is cautious, wondering how Gaedren will be setting her up this time.

Finally, after the third pass, she girds herself to confront her fate.

If nothing else, I'll scar him good. Something he'll remember for life.

Baer raps on the door with her quarterstaff and waits.

And waits, her rage building.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"So, you know nothing of this strange card. So be it. I will go to the address and try to learn more." Hung Hei Kwoon bows to his employer and leaves.

Waltzing over to Three Lancet Street, he knocks on the door. Oh great, someone else trying to get in.

"Hello madam." He bows to Baer. "I too am trying to locate the owner of this establishment. My name is Hung Hei Kwoon, but you may call me Kwoon."


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Denario had arrived, but he noticed two others just standing there.
Others?...Lackeys or similar duped people? Whatever, i have little time to spare.

He walks up to the door,while the tall she-half-orc was distracted by the monk.(feels up the doorknob)
"Convenient..it's not locked."

He opens the door and simply walks in.
This is quite an establishment, sweet fragrences, decorations. Even a welcoming note.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer spins as Kwoon 'sneaks' up upon her...so focused was she in her rage.

Her hands go to her quarterstaff, a faux warrior's stance. She looks at Kwoon, a feeling of deja vu passes over her.

Have I met him...before? No...he is too strange. I would remember.

"Stand back! Who are you?!" Baer grunts, her eyes taking in the second opponent behind Kwoon.

"Don't make me hurt either of you!" Baer's teeth flare.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Having heard yelling so much in his life it he hardly paid attention to it.
Sitting down with a small piece of bread and his "invitational" card in the other, he now watched whatever unfolded outside.

Baer, your bio says you attended the magic academy some time. Chances are we might've bumped into one another on occasion, Denario lives and works there as an inspector of wares & aquisition.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"I have no intention of making someone hurt me, that would be, well, a rather unintelligent and unwise thing to do. Do you often see people trying to hurt themselves? Strange. Do you have a name madam?" Hung Hei Kwoon stands politely waiting, unflinching from the beast's demeanor.


Crimson Throne | For Lost Glory | --- | Season 0 | ---

The old woman looks Mavor over with stern eyes. Not once, not twice, but thrice. "The bananas are not all yellow. You want a green one?"

A grin appears on the woman's face, and before Mavor's able to actually react the old woman bursts out in laughter. "Just joking dear! Would you like an apple or pear? Mind you some are partially yellow, but I'm sure we still have some left that aren't."

She selects two red apples, a green apple, and two green pears. "We were about to close so I'll give these to you for half the price, rounded down. Two copper please."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Not sure how you got in the door with Baer not letting you through her space, Denario. Hmm...

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Baer asks Kwoon, ignoring his questions, her usually greenish knuckles white on her staff.

Baer sniffs the air, trying to pick up scents of others that might be nearby.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Who am I? Interesting philosophical question to be sure. But as you might have heard, I introduced myself at Hung Hei Kwoon. Although that is only a name, and a name is all I have at this moment. It takes time to show who a man is, as a man is his actions. I only have my actions in front of this door. As you have seen, I have not made you hurt me. So, that is partly who I am." Hung Hei Kwoon likes matching wits with this green lady.

"As for your second question, I'm trying to ask a certain madam her name standing by a door holding a staff." He smiles. This is fun. Normally I ask questions.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer grunts in response...moving back from the door, keeping her eye on Kwoon. She moves back five feet, then five more, keeping her eyes out for danger.

No longer blocking the way the man seemed to be heading, she answers.

"I am Baer."

Baer looks left and right, keeping her staff on alert.

"Why are you here, Ennui?"


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"More to the point, your name is Baer. I'm pleased to meet you Baer. Now, will you permit me to enter? I have urgent business as I am searching for a missing child."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Having already backed up away from the door, Baer can only point the way to the door that she no longer blocks.

"You first." Baer's nostrils flare as he moves gingerly into the street, for better to see the inside as Kwoon makes his way in.


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Mavor grins and nods, "Two copper pieces is a fair price madame," He grabs inside his pocket and fishes up two copper pieces from the purse he emptied earlier today, "Thank you very much and have a nice remainder of the day."

Leaving the marketplace, Mavor sets out for Lancet Street 3, putting the two pears and the green apple in his backpack, and chewing on the first of the two red apples.

As he nears the house on Lancet Street, he is finishing the second apple. Looking at the houses coming up, he sees a little commotion with another half-orc and a human. He walks by once, having the last bite of his apple, then throws it into a garbage can/pile before heading back.

He nears the house and looks inside it through the slightly opened door, sees Denario sitting there and looks back at the two standing outside.

"Excuse me, but what are you two bickering about in setting daylight? In my own opinion, a vision not often asked, but might be to the point now, an arguement in broad daylight, even at sunset brings more eyes and ears to be drawn to you. Even a wandering half-orc like myself seemed to stop and ask what's going on? So what's to do in this house? If two of you are argueing and a third person stands here, then it must be something special right? Might as well stay here to see what's what, usually such things have a way of paying off."

Mavor looks big and strong, with his greataxe on his back he looks like a guard or mercenary, but he holds his own with his words as well. His skin is a lighter colour of green than Baer's is, with a pair of earrings in each ear.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4
Baer wrote:
Not sure how you got in the door with Baer not letting you through her space, Denario. Hmm...

I had thought you weren't so much blocking the space as you were waiting near it. Usually after knocking on a door people stand a few feet away. Hence Denario would walk behind you two and go in. :)

Having finished the bread, Denario was quietly sitting in place, the new arrival drawing his attention. More than that, one line in particular from the two others caught his attention.
"I am Baer."

Baer, as in Baer the accused murderer? What is going on here?


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer waits for Kwoon to enter, her nostrils flaring. Her eyes flicker to the address as if trying to confirm this is the right place. Admittedly, this seems like the right place...but Kwoon seems wrong to work for Gaedren.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Upon entering the establishment, Kwoon reads the note and patiently waits.


F Half-elf Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 55/55 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:5 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+9 [+1*] | Will:+5 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+11 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 4/4 | Elemental Ray: 7/7

Somewhere in Old Korvosa:
Allyph shivers in the cold as she enters the abandoned outbuilding. The room is small and dark. Anything of value was removed long ago. Stacks of old crates shield her bedroll and meager possessions from view. It’s been her home for the last five days. She needs to find a new place to live—she has to stay one step ahead of Lamm’s men. As she starts to pack up her stuff, she notices a colorful card that wasn’t there before. It’s a harrow card, The Courtesan. She turns it over and sees the note...

"3 Lancet Street," Allyph mutters as she rolls up her bedroll. When finished she puts it in her backpack together with her other possessions.

This will be place number... I forgot... I've been hiding in too many places.

Her backpack still in her hand, and the courtesan card in the other, Allyph makes sure she's not forgetting anything. She then tucks the card in one of the smaller pockets of her backpack. While putting her backpack on her back she lets out a long sigh.

"Off I go," she says as she steps out of the outbuilding, and closes the door behind her. Looking up, Allyph estimates the sun will set in about two hours.

I guess I'll go check it out.

------

Some time later:
Having just arrived in Lancet Street, Allyph looks at the building where she's supposed to meet up with the person who left her the courtesan card. She sees a human man enter the building, and two half-orcs stand outside. Carefully, she approaches. "Uhm, you also had an...uhm... invite?"

Are these people the ones who asked me to come here? Or... is this a trap?


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

As Kwoon came in Denario spoke up.

"By any chance, have you received something like this as well?", as he holds up his "invitation" between two fingers.

"If so, it seems i am not the only one on an unknown deal."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Hmmph, am I that good or are they just ignoring me?
Mavor thinks when he sees Kwoon and Baer enter the building and is about to enter himself next when a young woman approaches him.

"Guess I did." Mavor replies, "The card did say there would be others here as well." He says as he flashes the 'Uprising' card before the woman's eyes.

"You're more timid than the other three I've seen going inside. You don't seem like one to hold a grudge. I hope you're tough enough to do what's needed. I'm going inside you comin'?"

Mavor just steps inside to hear Denario mention the invitation.
"Well the card did say there would be others. We're probably here because of the same reason..." Mavor leaves the answer to that to the others as he sits himself down in a comfy chair and kicks up his feet on a nearby table.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
Mavor Asku wrote:
"Excuse me....well stay here to see what's what, usually such things have a way of paying off."

Baer watches Kwoon enter before addressing the next visitor.

Baer answers the half-orc, turning to a better tongue than the common one.

Orcish:

"I would rather witnesses than not, Halfblood. I would have all the witnesses that could watch if this is what I think it is. After what I came here for, all of Korvosa can watch."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Orcish:
"Heh, what says you I'm not here for the same thing? You'd be surprised how much strangers can have in common."

After that Mavor continues on inside.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer remains outside, watching and listening to may happen inside.

Given a few moments, Baer follows, her nostrils flaring and eyes alert.

Where is Lamm?

* * *

She reads the note, a smirk upon her face.

"I could use a drink," Baer says, ignoring the others while pouring herself some wine(?).

She places the full cup on the ground...and begins to beat it senseless with her staff, the wine's contents flying about her. When the cup is smashed, she looks up, smiles.

"That was nice."

Baer takes a seat in the back, waiting and watching.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Could be wine, the note just mentioned bread and drink

After Kwoon's reply, towards Baer.
Orcish

Spoiler:

"Bit of a waste. Not that i'm a fan of it myself.
That aside, i overheard you say your name was Baer. By chance...you happen to be the Baer whom was briefly at the magic academy?"


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)
Denario Vasquez wrote:
"If so, it seems i am not the only one on an unknown deal."

"Greetings. There are currently many unknowns in the universe, but allow me eliminate one of them. My name Hung Hei Kwoon. I was unaware that others would be invited. I suggest we wait for our host to arrive." Hung Hei Kwoon kneels patiently on the floor.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer eyes narrow on Denario, both expressing surprise and caution.

Orcish:

"You speak a civilized tongue, do you? The Common one is meant for mongrels and the unworthy. I am impressed," Baer grunts back, looking Denario up and down, considering her answer.

"I am that Baer. Do you think there are many halforcs here who were thrown out of the Acadamae? They accusations were false...I proved that, but too late. My tenure there was over before it even started. It was all lies, Human. I have never killed anyone....yet."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Mavor looks up from his seat as the conversation turns into orcish again.

Orcish:
"Depends on who you ask I suppose. Even goblins think their language is top-notch compared to others. Though my preference lies with a language that doesn't have 42 different words for 'ow', 'ouch' or 'oh my god I'm burning'. Orcish does sound better than goblin though, I'll give you that." Mavor grins at both Denario and Baer.

He then turns to Kwoon and Allyph.
"Totally forgot my manners, not everyone speaks Orcish. I'm Mavor Asku, if you have heard things about me, you've got nothing to worry about."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer's eyes flicker to Kwoon and Allyph, assessing.

Baer nods in Mavor's assessment of the goblin tongue, then tests it.

Goblin:
"Why are you <fire!> here? You don't seem as <flaming!> disgusting as the rest here. You seem to <explosion!> talk good."

It is clear that Baer either doesn't know (likely) or doesn't care (less likely) that she's being rude. It just doesn't occur to her.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Things spoken in orc tongue are rarely worthy of interest anyway.


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

Mavor grins again as he hears Baer talk in Goblin.

Goblin:
"Your pronounciation is good, but you're throwing random words for fire in there. Though it makes it sound like a true goblin speaking. As to your question..." Mavor pulls down his armour several inches and reveals a long scar from his right shoulder to where his heart should be. "I was too smart for my own good I think. I've got a score to settle, just like you do I reckon, with Gaedren Lamm."

"I guess everyone here has something to settle with Gaedren Lamm or am I mistaken in that?"


F Half-elf Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 55/55 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:5 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+9 [+1*] | Will:+5 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+11 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 4/4 | Elemental Ray: 7/7

Feeling somewhat out of place, Allyph manages a weak smile as she takes place on one of the chairs. She reads the note, but decides to not eat or drink anything.

I don't trust this...

"I... also got a card," Allyph says as she shows her card to the others, "but I have no idea who placed, or when it was placed. It was next to my bedroll when I returned... home..."

Allyph's eyes dart from tapestry to tapestry. She then quickly clasps her hands together while her gaze moves to her lap.

Don't... don't do it...

Allyph nods at Mavor's question, and her hands clench into fists. "I do... one of his men killed my mother and uncle," she says with a bitter voice.

"What did he do to you?"


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

@Baer

Orcish:

"Heh, i have spoken with many and have such learned almost all tongues here, save for the gnomes and halfling.
I must admit my knowledge of the academy higher affairs are limited. I work for their aquisition of supplies and inspect if things are real or not. I hear what whispers and rumours say, so i cannot say from experience.
I know of some half-orcs that attend the academy, but they are rare in number. I too, haven't killed, injured sure enough, but i might make an exception for the reason i'm here."

At the goblin Baer's lost Denario.
"I am Denario. Parttime cardplayer in my spare time. With us all being here and having received these cards, we are all paying back the crime lord right? What has he done to you? I'm not one to push, so withholding your reason for payback is no problem to me."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer's turns to Denario.

"You tell me why I am here. What have you heard that would lead me here."

Go nuts. Let's see what you got. /me tosses down gauntlet.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Since there is no spoiler for orcish, i'm assuming she's speaking common right now, otherwise he'd say the following in orcish.

"Assuming here, according to hear-say you were involved in a murder and expelled. You claim this is a lie and seeing from the way you say it, i believe you, i've seen many people who attempted to bluff and "you" don't.
So...if we are all here because we were wronged or set up, i'd say you were framed, am i correct?"


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

In response to Allyph's question about his own run in with Gaedren Lamm, Mavor pulls down his armour once again and shows the long scar from his right shoulder to where his heart would be.

"Like I've told Baer here just now, I've got a score to settle with Gaedren. I was one of his until I started questioning things. I was too smart for my own good and left for dead afterwards. Some unfinished business I want concluded."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer's upper lip curls into a snarl, showing more of her left tusk.

"That is right. I was framed! Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Lamm did it to cover up his own murder. I pulverize anyone who says otherwise," Baer defends, a mighty rage building.

"I had thought to find Gaedren here...another trick or ploy of his. But it seems we are all his dupes, his victims, his prey. Never again will I let him wrong me...or anyone else for that matter. If I find him, I will most assuredly be guilty of the things he accused me of."

Baer snarls and huffs, trying to calm herself.


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Denario nods.

"Cheaters are types i really loathe, so that includes framers. Seems we have a common disgust for that sort.
His Lamm recruiter took my little sister and i intend to make both of them pay dearly for it."


A middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair she enters the house, and smiles at those who've assembled as she closes the door behind her. She walks over to the table and takes place on one of the chairs. "My name's Zellara. I'm the one who asked you to come here. Let me directly tell you why."

"First I want to thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son."

"I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures."

"And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay."


Status Mavor:
HP: 58/58 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +10; CMD: 21; Fort: 8, Ref: 9, Will: 4; Init: +1; Perception: +10; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 6

When Zellara walks in, Mavor puts his feet from the table and sits straight up, then looks at her carefully as she describes the situation to them.

After her story, Mavor relaxes back in the chair yet again, arms crossed behind his head.
"So finally I know where that old git is hiding. Alone I couldn't find him, I thank you for finding him for me, as well as for comrades in arms that want the same thing as I; Vengeance or justice." He looks to the others with a bit smirk on his face.

Finally it's time for my vengeance. Gaedren Lamm I'm coming for you.

He sits back easy in the chair and looks to Zellara.
"There's one more thing you'd need to explain to me miss Zellara. That trick of putting that harrow card inside my coinpurse. I never felt you taking it or putting it back, I didn't even see you around me. How did you pull it off?"


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Kwoon listens to all the banter back and forth between the various people, remaining quiet. Upon listening to this latest tale of woe, he says, "Madam, I have several questions. First, you consulted a deck of cards for advice, and this led you to Gaedren's location? How reliable is this magic? Second, why are the city's law enforcement officials unwilling to move? Do they not believe your magic, or is there something more basic involved?"


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

It is time for him to pay."

"And pay he will. I'm choosing vengeance over jailtime and i think i'm not alone on that."

@Hung Hei Kwoon
"He's likely to have some finger in the pie of the enforcement, maybe he's threatening their families die if they take actions."


"That trick's my own secret," Zellara replies to Mavor, and laughs. "Perhaps you didn't watch your own purse as well as some others."

Zellara turns to Kwoon. "The guards... Gaedren Lamm has escaped them time after time. They didn't want to put new effort into finding him, even when I begged them. Our friend here may be correct in his thoughts."

"About the reliability of my cards... My Harrow cards tell me more than they tell most. I could prove this to you. Anyone wants a demonstration?"


Human Magus 7 Hp 58/58, AC 18/14/14, F+6, R+6, W+7, Spd.30ft. CMB+6, CMD20, Perc.+2, Init+4

Denario volunteers first.

"I'll be up first. I know the power of cards, i get my own from a harrower as matter of fact. Beautiful and nice girl."


A playful grin appears on Zellara's face. "Sounds like you should marry that girl."

Zellara takes her Harrow deck from a pocket and shakes the cards. If any of you were holding the card you got earlier you'd notice it was suddenly gone. Zellara places nine cards face-down on the table, then flips them over.

Denario's Reading

"The Fiend and The Publican are both misaligned in your past," Zellara says as she points the cards out. "Their combination shows me you changed the course of your life by unmasking something false. The Unicorn shows me that, through unmasking what was false, you were offered something in return."

Zellara's hand moves to the cards in the middle column and points at them while she continues: "The present shows me two misaligned cards as well. The Cyclone and The Winged Serpent. You have what it takes to bring change to the current situation, and set straight what recently expired, but you will have to be careful. Make sure you prepare yourself, and seize only the correct moments. The Wanderer shows me you know the worth of small things. The things that are useless to others."

"The Union shows me there's permanent change ahead of you," Zellara explains as she moves onto the last column. "The Midwife is in a rather favorable position. It shows me you'll be source of the change ahead, but you won't be able to make the change on your own. The Paladin, misaligned, is in its strongest position. This card shows me that you will stand strong and do what's right, even when others fail to do so. This could very well be what helps to bring the change ahead of you."

Denario gains 1 Harrow Point. If you want to know what you can use Harrow Points for, check the info I placed about Harrow Points in the Campaign Info thread!

1 to 50 of 4,995 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.