Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Euan


401 to 450 of 11,577 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

hehehehe

There are a half dozen or so bottles of wine in the kitchen.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael watches Briar, waits for his eyes to detach from the holy symbol, if but for a moment. "Briar, you're a rare bird. I'd bet your brother would have brought some attention to himself too. Maybe we can get further word on the streets, and put your mind at ease more swiftly." Aroden, don't be cruel. Let's find someone we know alive. Not like Esmira...

"Fondo, rest. This evening has laid you the lowest, I fear. Laura is safe and sleeping because of you, know that. I don't get answers from Aroden in my dark times, but maybe your Desna will be kind enough to show you meaning in Esmira's fate."

---
"Ayah. Passion and revenge pulse the blood, and words break their tethers more easily when the wrangler is tired." Barael pulls out a cushion, and props it against the front door. Almost as quickly, he falls with it, and begins to snore loudly.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Aye, you're right, Barael. Thanks, friend."

Fondo takes a flagon of wine, drains it, and goes into the other bedroom. He removes his armor, disrobes, and throws himself into a sleep filled with uneasy dreams.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Dandilion listens to the elf, bemused by such ….human… emotions by one of her father’s mystical kind. She never thought such jealousy and resentment would be the realm of elves… So much she doesn’t know about her father’s people. But he’d been powerful, her mother, she barely remembers, but her mother had said as much. ”a powerful mage, he was. His eyes, brimmed with magic…” or so her mother had said, at night, in place of a bedtime story.

Fondo Barondo wrote:

"Perhaps you could share Lorah's room this eve, jel'enedra. I'd hate to have her wake alone in a strange place." The way Esmira must have many times before Lamm fed her to...

Pulled from her revery by the Varisian, she smiles sadly, remembering too many nights waking alone to not heed his request, "Aye, Fondo. I'll sleep in with the girl. No need for her to awake alone this night." The place is small, and though she moves to the other room, she rests with the door open, to hear the conversation wane through the night, and waking to it in the morning.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

During his turn at watch, Briar reflects not on Thorne, but on Nethys and the holy symbol in his hands.

Like Thorne, and their father, and their mother, Briar has followed the teachings of Nethys for his entire life.

It is said that all magic is begotten of Nethys' influence into the worlds. It was Nethys who fights himself: both creation and destruction. And such is the way of magic too...both creation and destruction.

Briar sighs and slowly realizes what he must do...and ties the symbol around his neck.

WRACKING PAIN:

As soon as the holy symbol bangs against Briar's check, Briar experiences pain like he has never felt before.

Helplessly, Briar feels his soul dragged out of Zellara's shop and into the Korvosan City. First north over the Military Acadamy, then south and East and the Church of Abadar, then west and south again to hover over the Acadamae of Magic...searching...searching...the soul is sent south again towards Castle Korvosa and the dead warrens, being pushed to seek...to find the magic.

A man appears next to him.

This man...
half his body clad in fire and change...
his other half ripping with creation and magic...
his face hidden by a dual mask, black and white...
his right hand a weapon of magic...
his left hand scribing runes of power...

The man reaches out and scribes symbols of power upon Briar's chest.

Again and again, Briar's soul is marked and burned with runic thunder as the man whispers into Briar's ears. Wind and Cloudsfire blast at Briar's soul, high in the air above Korvosa.

The soul body is wracked and shattered even as it is caressed and soothed by the winds. Briar silently screams in both agony and rapture.

Finally, the man cups Briar's left hand and draws in it a seering rune.

The man holds Briar's right hand and both pushes and pulls waves of arcane energy.

The right half of the man's face smiles, while the left twists down in a pained sneer, and the man tosses Briar's soul back to Korvosa.

Briar feels like someone has just claimed his soul.

And he does not mind.

*pant*
*pant*
*pant*

Briar awakes back in the shop to feel a trickle of drool falling from his mouth. He does not know long this vision lasted.

*pant*
*pant*
*pant*

Briar sits silently, trembling in both body and soul as he knows that he am not longer just living for himself.

There is magic. And he must find it.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar awakes from his slumber with a dry mouth and shaking hands.

"Yesterday was a very odd day," says under his breath as he tries to regain his faculties.

His hand immediately reaches for his bow and quivers and smiles as they are still nearby...his hand then tentatively moves up his stomach toward his chest, trembling as it fumbles for what he both hopes is there and not there.

His hand reaches the holy symbol and grasps it gently.

I had partially hoped it was a dream.  It is not, is it?

Briar looks around to be sure that he's still in Zellara's and that her head hasn't moved nor is walking about the kitchen preparing breakfast and shuffling cards.

Which is better...that she is still dead or that she lives in a dream world?

Briar arises and goes to listen at the door for any more sounds of combat or rioting and even tries to find a spot through a window to scan the skies and local buildings.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Perception

* * *
Might as well get on with this. Briar returns to his corner and begins to...pray. 

Briar has often prayed to Nethys before...but never after a night like last night.  In the past, Briar has mouthed the words of prayer and taken in lessons of magic, but this time it was different...he has been *called* to serve Nethys. 

That, of course, was a concern to Briar.  Who called him?  His brother?  Nethys himself?  A divine servant of Nethys?

Pushing those thoughts out of mind, Briar focuses his attention on his holy symbol and new bond with Nethys, reaching into the connection of the symbol and whatever divine entity would answer those prayers.

Briar is somewhat shocked when his prayers are met with whispers in return.  Briar can understand some of the words spoken, especially those with hints of arcane power, but whispers back to the voice in prayer, confirming the words and their intonations so that he might speak them again in times of need.

After an hour of quiet reflection, Briar arises, feeling more complete and whole than he has felt in a long time.

There are things I must find.  In Korvosa.

* * *

Arising, Briar begins to gather and pack his belongings, his new holy symbol a welcome distraction as it jostles with every movement.

"Are we ready to move on?  What shall we do next?  What of the girl?"


It is morning. You have a bag full of loot, a little girl, and a city trembling in it's own juices...

As Briar looks out the window, he sees a couple of thugs hassling a woman walking down the street. Three town guardsmen who were headed off to who knows what see it, and charge the thugs who scatter into the alley-ways in the early morning.

The guards don't linger, but rather head off to their original task.

There is a heavy haze of smoke over the city, but you don't see any large flames shooting into the sky. It is clear there is still much unrest in the city. The butchers shop across the way is open though and folks are hoarding - buying all the food they can.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

In the morning, Fondo spends some time magically mending the harrow cards, removing any wear and tear they may have experienced while in Lamm's possession. He then lays out another harrow reading, getting his own sense o f the day.

Harrow deck rolls:

I am adding a d2 to determine whether a card is upright or upside down — mostly for interpretive flavor. The rules have a more complicated reading that I'd rather not delve into for this simple RP reading.

Harrowed feat 1d6 + 1d9 + 1d2 ⇒ (6) + (7) + (1) = 14
Reading of three cards: 1d6 + 1d9 + 1d2 ⇒ (1) + (2) + (2) = 5 1d6 + 1d9 + 1d2 ⇒ (6) + (2) + (1) = 9 1d6 + 1d9 + 1d2 ⇒ (2) + (6) + (1) = 9

He murmurs aloud as he reads. "The tyrant. The keep inverted. The theater. The empty throne, again. Hrm."

Profession (Fortune Teller) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Today I shall face down... The guard? Hell Knights...? +2 to one Charisma check today.

Louder, he continues, "Zellara's words are true — she and we are to be the protectors of Korvosa's people. But there are others, as well, though they are scattered."

He thinks for a moment on the meaning of the Empty Throne, then gives a bittersweet smile. "The empty throne has a double meaning. It's truest meaning is this: those who we have lost — Zellara, my sweet Esmira, Thorne — they remain with us, and still have lessons to teach us."

Returning the cards to the deck, Fondo smiles to the party. "Let us go find food and whomever else would stand for Korvosa's people."


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay breathes a sigh of relief to find the city still standing in the morning. Seeing that guards still have time to deal with thugs is comforting both in regards to Korvosa and his own aspirations. Dealing with common thugs, the attack dogs of the bigger criminals seems beneath him now.

Lamm was but one of many afflictions of Korvosa.

"We should head out soon and find out where things stand. Successions can be difficult even under the best of circumstances and there are always those who would take advantage of the chaos with no thought for the common good. Even worse are those who will exploit the weak and corrupt the innocent for both gain and just because they can."

"I might not be a member of the guard anymore, but I still have a few friends, or at least acquaintances who will talk with me."


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

After topping off his tank, Charlie waits patiently for the do-gooders to come up with a plan.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo smiles at Nikolay with nary a hint of condescension or guile.

Rollplaying:
Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, +1 if Nikolay likes boys

And not a few who would take advantage of the chaos to promote the common good. It's not as if the Hell Knights've had the people's interest as their chief concern...

"By all means, let us see what the guard is up to. Always good to keep one's friends close..."

Happy National Coming Out Day, everyone!


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael eases himself off the floor, and away from the door. The pain in his neck is a welcome focus, as his eyes adjust to the room and his nose catches the slight smell of newly burnt Korvosa.

Barael snags a flagon of Zellara's wine. This should take the edge off, should she turn angry at my absence. Let's see if I can avoid breaking it. If she breaks it herself, it's on her.

Upon hearing Nikolay mention his position with the Guard, Barael remembers himself. "The Guard, yes. I've always been a bit underfoot with them, but they've been good about steering me away from seedier alleyways in my message runs for them. I've seen adventurers brought on to assist the Guard every once and awhile. After last night, there's more chance that our interest is theirs."

Barael remembers himself one more time. "I would feel better if I approached the guard without this Lamm loot on my person."

Barael produces each item, and lays it on Zellara's table. He tries to spread it out, to better see them in the light, and to lessen its horde appearance. This looks bad. It looks like we benefited from Korvosa's malady last night.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar is ready to follow Nikolay into the City, pleased that he has a plan.

"We have loot to sell, Zellara's head to bury, and the child to deal with as well. Hopefully, there are some in this City who can still provide service."

Briar readies his bow as the party gets ready to leave.

"I shall bring up the rear. I prefer to remain at range, my eyesight is good, and I can defend the rear if necessary. Put the child in the middle. We do not know what dangers we will face outside."


A few helpful notes thanks to Barael's Knowledge, Local roll.

Loot
Eodred’s Walk is a well known spot for trade. There are 14 main shops and (under normal circumstances) a wide variety of push-carts and other smaller vendors. One in particular is run by an old dwarf from Janderhoff named Saul’s Import/Export & Adventuring Supplies.

Child
Charlie knows the orphanage she came from before going to work for Mr. Lamm. link

Zellara's Head
Likely the best place to do that is in the Gray District at the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma.

Guard
The main guard headquarters is not far from Eodred's Walk at the Citadel Volshyenek.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"What say you, little one? Is the orphanage a place you could call home again?" Fondo's face is a mottling of emotion. Relief at one less responsibility. guilt at the thought of leaving yet another young one's well being up to fate. "Maybe we could..."

Knowledge (Local) to determine what he's heard about the orphanage — good to its children, or bad? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He agrees readily enough to selling the goods and giving Zellara's remains into the care of Pharasma. "I wonder if she would mind very much if we retain the use of her home?"


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:

Fondo smiles at Nikolay with nary a hint of condescension or guile.

** spoiler omitted **

And not a few who would take advantage of the chaos to promote the common good. It's not as if the Hell Knights've had the people's interest as their chief concern...

"By all means, let us see what the guard is up to. Always good to keep one's friends close..."

Happy National Coming Out Day, everyone!

Waking late with Laura, Dandi comes out of the bedroom, orphan's hand in hers, her voice pitched low and soft, so as not to scare her, "I'm sure we'll be off in a bit to find something to eat, don't you worry. We'll find something, won't we, gentlemen?"

More herself with a little sleep, she nods to the others before excusing herself. "just give me a few minutes, and I'll be ready to go. I just need to uh... freshen up." She pats a pocket, reassuring herself that Wraith is still where she ought to be, then heads back into the back room to get ready for the day.

DM_Euan:
craft alchemy for daily supplies:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30, Fort save (DC12) or take wis damage:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

"So, where to first? And should we spread the loot among 6 bags or keep it to 1?" Barael pushes the succubi figurine closer to Fondo, eyebrows raised, chin tucked deferentially, during the conversation.

"I'll need to stop by my mum's, off of Harborview South. Should be right along the way. Make sure she's ok, and that she's not letting her imagination have the best of her."

Rollplaying:
Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 10 Barael's nervous and a little scared of his mother's lash outs.

Barael etches the air again, his finger stopping four separate times. "I'm thinking for Laura, for Zellara, for us, and finally for Korvosa. Sound reasonable? What does Laura think, Fondo?"

Knowledge, Local regarding Waydon Street 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Waydon street is a long east-west road a few blocks into Old Korvosa in the north. The orphanage is on the western side of the roadway.


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

"Let us ensure the safety of Laura first. We will be less distracted then as we go about our business."

Nikolay stands by the door, anxious to see what has happened to Korsova.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"What say you, little fritillary? Would you feel safe in the orphanage? For now, at least?"

What is Laura's ethnicity? Varisian? Chelaxian? Some other?


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar just waits to go.

"I don't know the City well...wherever you all think is best."

Briar sort of nods to Nikolay. "If you got point, you lead the parade."


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay leads the 'parade' to the orphanage.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Dandilion joins the parade on its way out the door. With her tormentor dead, she no longer feels the need to tape her ears down for a disguise, though she still wears her hat and jacket.


Fondo Barondo wrote:

"What say you, little fritillary? Would you feel safe in the orphanage? For now, at least?"

What is Laura's ethnicity? Varisian? Chelaxian? Some other?

She looks more Chelaxian than Varisian, but as with many there is some blending of the blood.

"That would be nice I think. Matron Kwostra was very kind." She chews her lip a moment, then turns to Dandilion and whispers, What's a fritillary?

Barael, your mother is the other way, so I presume that visit will take place on the return trip.

---

GM Rolls:
1d10 ⇒ 1

As you travel to Laura's old orphanage in Old Korvosa you see more of the city in turmoil. More than a few times in north point, gangs of toughs are seen watching the party from alleyways, but the size of your group and it's clear purpose keep them at bay. You clamber over one of the many wooden bridges into old Korvosa and the city seems to heave a deep foul breath. You look behind you and on the hill the Acadamae (the main wizard school) lights up briefly from some internal spell or other. The light is quickly doused however and you see a flight of three Imps in the afterglow headed your way!

At the start of initiative the imps are about 50' away and flying low looking for targets of opportunity. As you know, Imps and Pseudodragons are common sites in the air above Korvosa, but they rarely form into packs and even more rarely interact with the rest of the population. They typically fight each other for aerial turf and occasionally disturb people in the shingles. In all likelihood the imps are taking advantage of the chaos to do a little hunting of their own and they like to pick on the young.

Nikolay is guarding Laura. Nikolay may not be around much today and tomorrow so I'll GMPC him if it's needed.

Initiative
Fondo - 22
Barael - 20
Briar - 19
Dandilion - 15
Imps - 10
Nikolay - 8
Charlie - 6

Initiative Rolls:

Barael 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Briar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Charlie 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Dandilion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Fondo 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Nikolay 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Imps 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

We'll try this combat without a map but we'll see how it goes. The imps are all flying so flanking isn't really an option as they'll be attacking from above.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Round 1, Init 22

Seeing the imps coming, Fondo moves next to Laura. He readies to grapple one if it comes within reach.

"You've chosen the wrong quarry if you're looking for trouble. Fly back to your Chelish masters."

Grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Round 1, Init 8 (after imps)

Status:

Speed 30
Init +2; Perception +0
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
CMB +4; CMD 16
hp 19/19
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3
Aracana 4/4
Concentration +7 (+11 for casting on defensive)
Spells for Day 2
1 (3/day) Vanish, Shocking Grasp, Hydraulic Push
0 (4 known per day) Acid Splash, Prestidigitation (DC 13), Light, Detect Magic
Wand of Acid Splash (28 charges remaining)
Wand of Magic missiles (23 charges remaining)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 knowledge planes

Nikolay shares what he knows of imps and stays next to Laura. He draws his lonsword and swings at an imp if one is nearby. Otherwise he readies to hit one.

"Don't worry Laura. We'll deal with these quickly. Just stay next to me."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Round 1, Init 20

Status:

HP = 20/20
AC = 18 (19 Combat Expertise on full attacks)
CMD = 16/13Fl
1 point of dex loss from venom (didn't know if lesser restoration was needed to heal it)

Barael closes ranks, and draws his rapier. He'll wait for the imps to close distance to the party. Maybe they haven't seen us, wait, nope, Fondo's spoken.

Rapier 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Round 1, Init 19

Briar, who already had his bow drawn, closes ranks to protect the girl.

She's neither elven nor magical, but deserves a chance at life.

Briar will ready to shoot an imp if and when they get within 20'...choosing to believe that won't attack an armed party and not willing to seem like the aggressors in the fight.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Know(Planes)


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
DM_Euan wrote:

"That would be nice I think. Matron Kwostra was very kind." She chews her lip a moment, then turns to Dandilion and whispers, What's a fritillary?

rollplay:
check to know the answer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dandilion puzzles a moment, then smiles, whispering just as low, "it must be a dessert of some kind, cuz you're so sweet, of course!" then playfully tickles Laura.

round 1, Init 15

Only then does she see the imps, "stay here, Crumpet." then hurries forward, to draw them off, patting her pockets as she goes. 20 feet ahead, she stops and prepares a mixture to throw at the advancing imps.

bomb, should they come within 30ft (+1 for point blank shot, -2 for range increment). 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Go Away! We don't want you here!"


DM Rolls:
1d8 ⇒ 5 1d20 ⇒ 19

Fondo moves next to Laura tries to grapple any Imps headed her way. He successfully grabs one of the little devils stopping its advance. Barael also closes ranks by Laura, but misses his intended target. Briar launches an arrow into their midst, but manages to barely wing one, doing no effective damage. Dandilion waits for them to close and heaves a bomb - but alas she misses and the bomb goes wide.

Two of the imps have a little more luck as they dive to Laura attacking ferociously.
Imp 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage
Imp 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 damage
Imp critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage (fails to confirm)

The third imp tries to get free of Fondo and fails as he writhes in his grip.
Imp 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs DC 15 to break grapple

Nikolay, seeing an imp on Laura, smashes it with his sword, but fails to do any damage. He also informs the party that Imps are evil devils with DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10. Charlie steps up and heals Laura of her injuries as she begins to slump to the ground, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.

Laura fails her saves vs the poison coursing through her veins and takes 2d2 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 dexterity damage and falters a bit.
Fortitude 1d20 ⇒ 11, Fortitude 1d20 ⇒ 10

As the party tries to defend Laura, they spy a small flock of four Pseudodragons who were apparently hot on the Imps trail - a couple of whom will catch up in round 2 but miss their targets.
Pesudodragon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0 damage
Pesudodragon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 damage

Initiative (some initiatives modified to reflect readied actions)
Pseudodragons - 21
Briar - 19
Dandilion - 12
Fondo - 11+
Barael - 11-
Imps - 10
Nikolay - 8
Charlie - 6


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Round 2

Briar fights off a rising despair as he realizes that not only is his current weapon useless, but that he has nothing that could affect the imps...they are effectively nigh-invulnerable to his efforts.

Stay calm. There has to be a solution.

Fondo!

Briar looks at Fondo holding the first imp and drops his bow and does a full round action to retrieve a waterproof bag from his backpack. (Will 5' step back if necessary.)

"Fondue, put it in the bag!"


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Round 2, Init 11+

The grappled imp should have gotten an AoO.

Fondo attempts to pin the imp in his grasp. "Barael, strike out hard at this one!"

Status:

**Grappling
AC 16 (10 +3 dex +3 studded leather NOT +1 buckler)
HP = 19
Weapon equipped none
Shield equipped none
Spells remaining 1st: 2 of 2

Grapple 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 5 = 18 bonus +5 since he has control in grapple.

@Barael: The pinned imp looks like it might be extra vulnerable to, say, sneak attack damage.


Fondo, sorry, I thought you had improved grapple. You take some damage and need to make a DC13 Fort save or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 points of dex. I'll allow the grapple to stand.

Imp 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage

For reference, putting the Imp in the bag will count as a 'move' grapple action which is hazardous - so the imp would get a free attempt to break the grapple at +4. That said I love the idea of a bag of imps! hehehehe


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

HP=15. Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

On the nose. Per our conversation: thanks for being nice and letting the grapple stay anyway.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Round 2, Init 20

Status:

HP = 20/20
AC = 18 (19 Combat Expertise, on full attack)
CMD = 16/13Fl
Weapon Equipped = Rapier

My weapon isn't silver, nor is it particularly good at much except for poking bigger things. Fondo's warm embrace of the little-toothed emboldens me, however.

"Let's see if we can do better this time."as Barael targets the grappled imp.

Rapier 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3) = 9 damage

"They're attacking the girl, hide the girl!"


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Round 2, Init 6
Nikolay looks to correct his earlier mistake and actually do damage.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 cast defensively shocking grasp
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 spell strike attack with longsword
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 confirm crit? No
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 longsword damage
2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 shocking grasp


Nikolay, which Imp do you attack? The one pinned on the ground, or one of the two on Laura? If you're attacking the pinned one, the crit confirms.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Dandi is absolutely shocked! that they were able to simply fly around her! She rushes back to Laura, to help get the imps off of the poor girl.

aid another on the grapple attempt?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Fondo pins the imp he has and holds it's neck open for Barael to attack successfully and sneak a little damage past its inherent resistance. Briar prepares a bag for the poor creature to be dumped into. Dandilion aids the next grapple to ensure it's success.

Though all the pseudodragons finally enter the fray, they have mixed success. They focus all their attacks on one imp.
Pesudodragon Tail 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 damage
Pesudodragon Tail 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 damage
Pesudodragon Tail 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 damage
Pesudodragon Tail 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 damage

One of the imps (a) forced to face the pseudodragons (Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10, Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13) falls from the sky asleep on the ground next to Barael, while the other (b) takes one more vicious swing at Laura before flying away. The third imp lashes out at Fondo and his damnable pinning. You'll notice too that the pinned imp's injuries close slightly as he heals.
Imp (b)vs Laura 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage
Imp (c) vs Fondo 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage

AoO from Barael and Nikolay on the imp (b) flying away

Nikolay crits the imp being pinned (extra damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8) and drops him, but for how long? Laura is hit again (Fort 1d20 ⇒ 6) and takes another 1d2 ⇒ 2 dexterity damage (total of 6 so far).

Initiative
Fondo (-5hp) - 22
Pseudodragons - 21
Barael - 20
Briar - 19
Dandilion - 15
Imp a) (asleep) - 10
Imp b) - 10
Imp c) (-25hp grappled) - 10
Nikolay - 8
Charlie - 6

Fondo, another DC 13 Fort save vs 1d2 ⇒ 2 dexterity damage.
Now up Charlie and the party!


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

AoO
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Round 3, Init 6 (after imps)

With no effective spells left Nikolay two-hands his sword and tries to hit any imp nearby.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Nikolay, there's an imp asleep at your feed. Coupe-de-grace? Also, the AoO hit!

(In terms of spacing, everyone is within a 5' step of the imp on the ground. You had all clustered up to protect Laura...)


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

AoO against retreating Imp

Rapier 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Unlike children, we bite back!"


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Round 3, Init 11+

Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Fondo draws his rapier and coup de graces the unconscious imp. Damned Chels and the hell they've brought to our lands.

2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16

"Fly! Fly back to your tyrant masters!" Oh, tyrants.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Round 3, Init 20

"Fondo, now that you've hugged an imp, every woman you hug from this moment on will be sweeter!" One's flown off, one's asleep. Let's try and end Fondo's Dance.

Rapier on pinned Imp, Coup de Grace 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + (5) = 15, sneak attack damage included

"Sorry to... cut in."


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar, seeing the end of combat near, take a full round to return his bag to his backpack.

Well, I tried.

Briar again readies his bow in case other foes are taking advantage of the parties chaos to launch an attack.


Fondo kills the imp in his arms, while Barael coup-de-graces the other.

Fortitude 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 vs DC 20.

Two dead imps! The pseudodragons all fly off after the wounded imp who flew away last round. Laura makes another save vs the poison coursing through her veins 1d20 ⇒ 6 vs DC 13 and takes another 1d2 ⇒ 2 dexterity damage (total 8).

combat over, out of initiative.

The streets are clear and the poison is finally resisted after one more round, (save 1d20 ⇒ 7, 1d20 ⇒ 13 vs DC 13 for another 1d2 ⇒ 1 dexterity damage (total 9). Poor Laura is unable to move effectively (1 dex) and will need to be carried at this point.

Briar spies a couple of thugs in a nearby alley, but when he looks at them, they fade away.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Ninjaed!

"Well fought, friends! The cards said we would fight devils today, and the cards do not lie!


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael takes his rapier, and raps Nikolay's sword and Fondo's rapier, before sheathing his own. "Plucking one out of the sky, with your bare hands, no less."

Barael moves the bodies of the imps with his foot. "Nikolay, what can you tell me about their poison? Can it be extracted?" Two poisons in as many days. What are the odds?

"With our muscles duly warmed up, I think Waydon Street calls." Barael picks up Laura, and tries to place the side of the street that will shelter the girl once more.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar nods and smiles Barael, encouraging his point.

That one has a steady head about him. Almost elflike.

"Let us get the girl to safety."

401 to 450 of 11,577 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.