Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Euan


1,301 to 1,350 of 11,602 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

"I'm sure one of you more acrobatic people could climb in through the window."

What happened to Barael's lockpick?


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Nikolay has the right of it, Barael is better with locks than Dandi. Still, they work well together and she's more than happy to join the crew, and is only a little worse for wear.

Assuming her friends return with her clothes, she'll dress, including her hat.Smiling brightly at her friends to see them all home safe again, she hurries through her preparations, then joins them on their journey.

Dandi eyes the window indicated and grins widely, "Ooh! I'll do it, Nikki!" Pausing halfway up, she whispers back loudly, "What is it I'm doing once I'm up there?"

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

/facepalm

"If you could unlock the door from the inside it would be great. If not, we might all need to climb."


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Just take your time, Jel'enadra. But let's knock first."


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Nikolay Vasilevich wrote:

"If you could unlock the door from the inside it would be great. If not, we might all need to climb."

"Ohh riiight! I get it." Dandi nods,giving a thumbs up signal and winking broadly for emphasis.

Fondo Barondo wrote:
"Just take your time, Jel'enadra. But let's knock first."

“Knock? On the window? But if we’re going to do that, why didn’t we just use the door? “ She frowns down at her. ” I’m not sure this was the best plan we’ve ever come up with…” She mutters, more to herself than to anyone down below.

But she does listen well enough, taking her time and picking her handholds very carefully, laughing softly as she nearly misses once. taking 10 to climb the rest of the wall, if she hasn’t fallen yet.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Taking out the ioun stone, Barael moves around the barracks, observing its flight path as he navigates the beds, and tries to lose it against an obstacle. Once comfortable with its distance to him, and with the circle of light it sheds, Barael makes a new game of timing. He grabs for it quickly, and wraps it in its black cloth, tucking it in his belt pouch. He then scrambles to produce it, and set it in its orbit. The cycle repeats for the better part of an hour.

As twilight approaches, Barael makes his way up the courtyard walls, and observes the comings and goings of the Guard.
Climb 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

As the grinds work their bitters, Barael breaks up the boredom by practicing his spit, trying to barely miss the Guard passing below. When he inadvertently hits, he stealths to relocate. Heh, that'll show Fondo. I'm mercenary, running in the night.
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar keeps watch outside (again), while others search inside.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"No need to climb, Jel'enadra. Just unlock the door."


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

Charlie refills his wineskin back at Zellara's. He has a scowl on his face.

I am not confident that Trinia will be saved. Understatement of the year: It is tough to go against the queen.


Dandilion climbs a few feet up the wall, and falls, making no progress (no damage either). As she centers herself for another climb Fondo suggests the front door might be a better approach...

Meanwhile Barael, who's tasked with waiting for Cressida's response, gets bored and goes off to 'play' with the guard and generally make himself as hard to find as possible should Cressida return.

I love this party.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

"Up-Down, up down. I wish people would make up my mind." She grumbles and jumps down the few feet and go try to open the door. She stops, looking back at Fondo, and knocks first.

disable device:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo joins Dandi's knock with his own. "Take your time, little flutterfly. No hurry."


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Taking a deep breath, Dandi settles in, her brow furrowing as she works slowly, carefully, taking all the time in the world to open the lock. take 20=27?


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael eventually tires of being tired. He takes out the ioun torch, and feather falls to the courtyard below, watching the range of light extend below him, as much as around him. Gauging activity at both likely gates, he inquires both places as to Cressida's return, before himself returning to the hall outside Cressida's office. Should he encounter Soth, he makes his presence known through a nod only.


Dandilion hears a satisfying *click* as the door bolt slides open. As she puts away her tools however the door swings open and a long sword comes down on her neck.

"Get up very slowly and keep your hands away from your body. The rest of you - Back Off!"

You see a Sergeant of the Guard standing before you, his long sword on Dandilions neck carefully lifting her up from the door's lock.

"Now, why are you here? What do you hope to gain by picking locks and breaking into apartments?"

Clearly this Guard is unaware of you and does not recognize the party. He holds the sword stead at the front of Dandilions neck, ready to plunge it into her at any provocation.

There are no rules for such a maneuver, but so you're aware I'd treat it as an automatic critical, but not a coupe de grace - no save or die.

- - -

Barael returns to Cressida's office. Soth approaches him efficiently, "Cressida has come and gone again on another errand. You should wait for her here, if you please." He does not seem at all annoyed, just trying to line up Cressida's schedule.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo gives a salute to the sergeant, and his hand on Dandi's shoulder. "Sergeant, my apologies. We had knocked, but had no answer."

"We come on business for Field Marshall Kroft, in search of further evidence about the alleged kingslayer. The field marshall gave us the go ahead to make sure we've got the right suspect."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


He eyes you warily, looking you up and down.

"You don't look like members of the Guard to me. Do you have any papers? Orders?"

- - -

Barael, you are waiting in the waiting ante-chamber with a few others, including the Watch Captain in charge of the Midlands. He does not look like he wants to talk. His adjunct stands nearby going through a sheaf of papers. The adjunct occasionally gives him something to read or sign, but the room is otherwise silent. Soth works at a desk to one side.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Aroden, is this you? Newly returned to walk amongst us, guised as a watch captain? And maybe Soth is Iomedae made human again. He does have the hands of a woman. And here I am, lucky to be part of your audience. Each paper you read or sign, it's a life id'nt? You're passing judgment on mortal souls, and I'm witness to it. Didn't bring my seal though, make it all official, help you out and all. "Sigh."

You should say some funny thing, Aroden, break up the quiet. Is that a drop of spittle on your shoulder there? "Hic, excuse me." What kind of meeting you up for with Cressida? Maybe you're bestowing immortality on her. Then she'll be completely out of my range. Thanks a lot, Aroden. "Anybody got the time?"

Barael continues to wait, and scowls at the watch captain.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Sergeant, I assure you, you're in no danger. Even so, I'm afraid we've come too hastily. We are under special contract with the field marshall. Irregulars, as it were. We were in such a rush to get here that we neglected to get written orders. You see, we've a need to be as lightning, as there's pressure to move the case quickly. Please accept our apologies—we did not mean to alarm you." He squeezes Dandi's shoulder reassuringly, his other hand empty and open.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

"What? woahh. Yes, certainly, no sudden moves, I promise. I'll be the very picture of obedience, just don't get twitchy." OhGod, Wraith, don't worry, be carefuldon'tmovecan you understand me, be gooddon'tmovedon'tprovokethenicescarymanwiththebigbigsword As allowed, she straightens and gives a visible sigh of relief when the blade moves to the front of her throat rather than the back of her neck.

She holds very very still through Fondo's explanation, only chiming in with a charming smile when he's done.


The sergeant looks somewhat relieved, but he stands his ground.

"OK then. Get some proof of your position and no harm done. You understand then that this is a delicate matter and you cannot pass without that authorization."

He steps back slightly releasing Dandilion from her position. He keeps his blade up though, and at the ready in case the discussion should go poorly. Dandilion is no longer on the hook though as it were.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Dandi steps back, hands still where they can be seen until she's back a bit. Very slowly, she reaches back, gently touching her neck. Realizing what she's doing, she pulls it quickly back, glaring a little at the guard until she catches herself.

"Sure, no harm done, right?"Right, precious, right?YoureokI'mokwe'reok. I wonder if they have papers for the blade-happy jerk?


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Protocols and red tape. So many hoops to jump through with this lot... But I should have known. Fondo smiles ruefully and turns to his compatriots. "Well, friends, it seems a small oversight on our parts'll leave justice undone. Sorry my green ears'll be the case's undoing."

He turns back to the soldier. "You're a credit to the colors, sergeant. I'll be sure to let the Field Marshall know how honorable you've been. What's your name?"

Fondo readily departs, a sheepish—or is it goatish—look on his face.


"My name's Lorler. Watch how you go out there, the mob is fickle and she looks a little like the description of their target Trinia." He gestures to Dandilion with his open hand and sheathes his sword. "The mobs getting to where it's not to particular."

He then takes a step back and closes the door. You can hear the deadbolt being thrown as you move off back to the street and the waiting Briar.


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay follows along.

Papers! Yes, we should have had papers.


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

Moving away from the door a piece. "Can anyone forge papers? If we make it back to the citadel in one piece, I can't imagine anyone will have the time to send us back out with papers. If we get the papers and get back before poor Lorler is overrun it will be a miracle."


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"I don't suppose anyone has a raven that could bring Barael a message? Alas, I've little skill with bearing false witness by pen." Fondo looks miserable. I'm closer to powerful patrons than I've ever been, and have never felt more powerless.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Dandi steps off the porch, eying the street warily. "Maybe we should just hide and wait for the inevitable mobs come for "poor Lorler" then we can sneak in while he's busy?" Dandi suggests grimly.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar bemuses.

Yeah...a dead end. Go figure.

Briar begins to walk back to the Citadel.


The party begins the arduous task of avoiding the mobs while making their way back to the Citadel...

- - -

Barael has nodded off slightly and wasn't paying attention, but something happened, and Soth stands and motions for him to come into Cressida's office with him. Inside Cressida is taking off her outer formal jacket and sitting down at her desk. She gestures you into a chair and speaks without preamble.

"I met with Raytune who is still in mourning. He told me that Trinia had done a portrait of Vimanda Arkona which the King rather liked. The King instructed Raytune to get the same artist to do his own and he did. So it seems that she was selected more or less randomly by the King."

"As for privacy, she was alone with the King for much of the painting process. Sure there were interruptions from time to time - however, well…" Cressida shrugs, "The King was known for his love of the young women. So a certain amount of privacy was afforded them. So she did have opportunity."

"It seems clear that, if she's guilty, someone must have contacted her after the commission. That is a risky approach at best. I don't see that this information exonerates Trinia or damns her. Unless you have something new, I must turn her over now to the tribunal and announce her capture to the city."

Cressida patiently looks to you for any further information you may have.

Arkona is a name you'd know - it's one of the largest and most powerful aristocratic families in Korvosa. Vimanda is one of the heads of the family.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael rubs his eyes while he listens to each word Cressida utters. "Foremost, you have done us a kindness, taking time to speak with Raytune. I've seen the activities you mean to quiet, and it's no small order. It sounds like judgment is nigh, neither hasty nor insincere. When we spoke to Trinia briefly, stopping to find our way back, she pled that she was dragged to the castle by Sable Company marines and put before a Hellknight Inquisitor, the Queen and a few other people she did not know. They leveled accusations only, according to her. I think we're only concerned for her right under law. If what Trinia says is true, the Queen is straining the law to sentence the girl so quickly."

Barael understands the hour grows late. "We have nothing new, I'm afraid. My friends have not returned from the hunt, so I bear no new information that would accompany Trinia to the tribunal." Barael stands to leave. "It may be improper to ask such a thing, but would there be any chance that the proceedings would accommodate witnesses? I myself have not seen such court sessions, and I ask also for my friends, who might choose to speak as character witnesses. For what little they know of the girl, they seem fully convinced that she is innocent. She is a pretty girl, not as pretty as some, but that is unlikely to factor into the Tribunal's decision. By your leave, Field Marshall. I'll tell my friends everything of which we spoke."


Field Marshal Cressida Kroft laughs, and laughs again. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It was rude and I apologize. Character witnesses? You've known here for less time than almost anyone who's ever met her!"

She continues in a more serious tone, "I appreciate you want to be at the Tribunal, but this is likely to be a closed door affair given the people involved and the severity of the crime. It's no time for a full gallery - that could lead to another riot if, as you suspect, she's found innocent. No, this is likely to be a quiet affair with a few witnesses for the crown and a few more for the people, but they will be selected carefully and the Tribunal will decide."

"I could, if I pushed a little, make sure that I was there, but frankly I have better things to do than watch something over which I have no control. I thank you and your group for your efforts here, but her fate shall be decided by the Magistrates court and not by public opinion and the well meaning but rather by law."

She walks you to the door and nods to the Watch Captain. "She has been found." The Watch Captain stands like a finally released coiled spring, bows formally and rushes off to do his job and save his district from further bloodshed and violence. His assistant struggles to keep up and must run in part.

You realize that while you were waiting for Cressida he was, essentially, waiting on your whims...


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo shakes his head at Dandi. "No, jel'enadra. It was foolish of me to think we could affect events, when I know so little of the guard's functioning. We can only hope that the tribunal judges are as infallible as Briar claims." Fondo offers his arm to Dandi and gestures departure. He walks silently toward the Citadel. Eventually he begins to whistle of goats.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

She laughed! I made a witty, and she laughed. Well, a day not completely filled with melacholy and morbid. "I can understand that your presence is needed elsewhere. From your experience, how long do you think the Tribunal will be involved in this matter? Its priority and all." Barael eyes the Watch Captain and his flight, and regrets the futility of pursuing dark corridors that shed little light.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:
Fondo shakes his head at Dandi. "No, jel'enadra. It was foolish of me to think we could affect events, when I know so little of the guard's functioning. We can only hope that the tribunal judges are as infallible as Briar claims." Fondo offers his arm to Dandi and gestures departure. He walks silently toward the Citadel. Eventually he begins to whistle of goats.

"Let us hope so." For poor Trinia's sake after a moment or three, the whistling seems to seep into her head, and Dandi joins Fondo, humming along to the whistling. Just outside the Citadel she stops, the failure of the night weighing heavily on her once happy mood.

"Is it hard, Fondo? Being a shepherd? Or is it a goatherd? That song confuses me. Still, it must be more peaceful than all of this. Maybe when we are done playing with the guard, we should all go play with the sheep. Or goats. but not pigs, I'm not sure I would like them."


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar returns to the Citadel to await further orders.

This job pays well. I wonder what is next?


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

The news from Barael is quite bitter to Nikolay.

"It is little consolation that we have done what we could. I have little faith in the gods, especially when their intentions are delivered through mortals. I for one am not ready to surrender this to higher powers whether they be mortal or divine."

"What clue are we missing? What path is untread? Trinia had the opportunity, but the means? The motive?"

"Ambassador Darvayne Gios Amprei. Now there is a man with motive."

What evidence did we actually find against him in the letters from Verania Tvastiox? Just enough to blackmail him or get him recalled to Cheliax?


The group is currently together at the Citadel, we'll say you're in your room there - which is still private so far. Majenko hops from shoulder to shoulder excitedly perhaps sensing the tension in the party and unable to himself relax.

Nikolay - The letters were love letters primarily. You didn't read them thoroughly, but from what you did read they're just juicy blackmail material. If they were used it'd get him recalled, but you suspect they'll be used to threaten and gain some measure of control against the man rather than to crush his political aspirations completely.

Knowledge Local 20:
You do know however that Ambassador Amprei has returned to Cheliax. Officially it's just a business trip as part of his responsibilities as Ambassador to Korvosa, but the timing is suspect. It was not a highly publicized journey either, and it seems a little sudden considering what you know.

You suspect Cressida has a squad of soldiers guarding Trinia's flat by now - and likely pouring over every inch of the place searching for clues. Trinia is now herself securely in custody and will likely stand trial within the week - pending the schedules of the high priests and the magistrate.

Tomorrow is Sunday Desnus 19 and a day of rest. You'll not be summoned by Cressida for a few days at least, so you have time for any further investigation if you wish. By the end of Sunday the mobs in the Midland district have completely separated and things are quiet again. The city seems split between believing Trinia did the murder and the Queen as the culprit. It leads to fierce debates in the pubs throughout the town...


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 - Knowledge local fail


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Knowledge, Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Barael shares Nik's concerns, and mentions Amprei's timing in his return to Cheliax. "Business trip or no, I feel like a chicken, with foxes, wolves, and imps poised to snatch me up at their choosing. Nik, what would you suggest? How might we glean a deeper truth from those who rule on high?"

Barael turns to Briar. "You mentioned your magick. You talk with your god, do you? What can be learned by asking those who rule from beyond?"


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar nods sadly at the terminus of the leads to help Trinia.

Magic, I trust in you to prove her innocence. Or guilt.

Trying to respond to Barael, he fails to find a meaningful way to answer the question.

"There is little I can do without access to Trinia or those who would be interrogating her. I've heard tale of powerful Archons who can ask the Gods weekly and get answers, but only a fool would give me access to such."

Briar continues.

"It is possible, as I learn and gain trust from the Whispers in the Night that I might be given access to magics to do my own inquiries, but that is beyond me now. I need a living willing host to do much now...or speaking with her body after she is dead. There isn't much recourse as it stands now."

But Briar doesn't end there.

'But Barrel, I've been thinking about this more. It's equally likely that she's guilty too...though she may seem not. There are some powerful enchantments and elixirs that can ease one's tongue when lying. She might have been fooling us. What she cannot do is fool the Gods...so I have faith in the inquisition finding her innocence or guilt."


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"One who might give us other insight—Vencarlo Orsini. Certainly he seems to be one who'd know more of the queen's court." Fondo makes a note to seek audience with the man on the morrow.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

The elf can become an Inquisitor in his own time. He certainly doesn't hesitate to ask questions, however uncomfortable the questions might be. Well, at least he'll have time. Trinia might not be so fortunate, might meet her god face-to-face too soon. "Alright then. If you see fit to trust the inquisition in its use of magick, I'll take some of that comfort, cause I'm having a hard time finding it. Those whispers of which you speak- do they tell you to... do things? Or do they just tell you knowledge like a librarian? Are there any powerful clerics of your god present in the city who would help us try and speak to him on our own efforts?"
Knowledge, Local regarding churches in Old Korvosa 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"The thing of it. Me Mum. She saw the truth of my Da, saw his violence, but even though we both knew he was guilty, she didn't pass the right sentence. She stayed with him, turned a blind eye to his guilt. She kept her peace." Barael spits a wad of grinds into the corner. "What if the inquisition sees the truth of the matter, but they turn a blind eye to it, you know, to keep their peace?"

Barael hears one name from Nikolay. Hears another one from Fondo. "Amprei's a closed door to us, ya think? Do you think that Orsini would concern himself with a Shingles tenant? It's likely he maintains a friendship with Cressida to separate rumors from investigations, sure, but likely for his kith only."


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo listens to Barael's revelation about his parents, and nods gravely. "Brov, you're a strong lad for coming out the other end of that as decent as you are. I've no great faith in the tribunal, but I'd like to find mine own certitude in the matter."

"As for Signore Orisini... He's shown himself both patriot and skeptic. There we have a man who knows of ambassadors, and who prefers mercy to harsh judgment. I'd be keen to hear his views on the matter."


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26
Barael de Gare wrote:
"Those whispers of which you speak- do they tell you to... do things? Or do they just tell you knowledge like a librarian? Are there any powerful clerics of your god present in the city who would help us try and speak to him on our own efforts?"

Briar looks impassively at Barael.

"I have no idea what others would call themselves. I am on my own journey, human."

Do you think I care what other mortals do?
I might.

Barael de Gare wrote:
"What if the inquisition sees the truth of the matter, but they turn a blind eye to it, you know, to keep their peace?"

Briar nods.

"Yep, that could happen. And who are we to judge their choices? If one woman must die to end the rioting that is costing many lives, is that so bad? One mortal life cannot be worth that much."

Good thing she is not of the blood.


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Edit: Like a hair pick in the desert....


So it seems like Fondo is going to track down Vencarlo Orisini. Is anyone going with him?

What are the rest of you doing on this Sunday, day of rest?


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar rests, practices archery and magic, and awaits his next gig.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

With talk of unjust imprisonment, Barael starts to feel ill at ease within the stone walls of the Citadel during these chaotic sways in accusations. Given a chance to leave the Citadel amongst his friends, Barael will accompany Fondo on his next dead end.
...

Briar wrote:
And who are we to judge their choices? If one woman must die to end the rioting that is costing many lives, is that so bad? One mortal life cannot be worth that much.

"Briar, you're talking sacrifice, throwing a maiden into the jaws of a dragon to satiate its needs for the moment. The way I see it, we're going to see plenty of rioting in our near future. Folks haven't buried the axe with the Queen, and, if Trinia really is innocent, the guilty ones will make their presence known again soon enough. Does the line blur for you, being able to talk with the dead?"

"If Trinia were a battle maiden, laying her life down to slow an oncoming horde, allowing others to find safety, that's a noble sacrifice, one worth doing. She's likely a lamb, thrown to wolves. If she's executed, the wolves will feel encouraged to keep sniffing around for the next lamb."


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay will join Fondo to speak with Vencarlo.

1,301 to 1,350 of 11,602 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.