Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master GM Sapphire Fox

Map

Handout


51 to 100 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

calling upon the spirits of nature, Margat draws her arrow back and fires at the orc striking Kolret.

Bow attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sovereign Court

Flyn, you saw the javelin hit and you thought for a moment that it did something, but you came to realize it was just an illusion

Margat fires and hits one of the orcs, though it stays standing

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Top of round 2,

Bakko
Kolret
And Margat failed the will save, still believing they are real

The rest fall in to order as normal, but see them as just illusions, what do you all do?

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

| NG Male Half-orc Phalanx Soldier (Fighter) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (Tch: 12; FF: 17) | CMB: +4; CMD: 15 (+2 v trip) | F: +4; R: +2; W: -1 | Init: +2 | | Speed 30 ft | Perc: -1 KnD: +5 SensM: -1 | Active Conditions: none

Kolret blocks the javelin thrust with his shield. The javelin glances off the shield in such a way that it leaves the orc open. Seeing an opportunity, Kolret drops low and thrusts his spear upwards into the orcs chest.

Dice:

Shortspear Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Shortspear Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Halt, these foes before us are false, a mere trick of the eyes. Some foul magic has procured these images do not waster your time. Flyn says loudly hoping to snap his companions into realization.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

Camred looks around, slightly confused. "Why would there be illusory orcs here? Some sort of test?"

Sovereign Court

Kolret reroll your will and add 4

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

"I agree.. my vines went right through them!" Fundir exclaims as he holds back, confused.
I guess delay for now.. until something else pops up.

-Posted with WayfinderPerception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

"Not real? Are you certain?" Margat says.

When it comes to her turn, Margat holds her fire and makes a Will save again, adding +4 from her companions' words.

Will Save:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Grand Lodge

| NG Male Half-orc Phalanx Soldier (Fighter) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (Tch: 12; FF: 17) | CMB: +4; CMD: 15 (+2 v trip) | F: +4; R: +2; W: -1 | Init: +2 | | Speed 30 ft | Perc: -1 KnD: +5 SensM: -1 | Active Conditions: none

Will Save +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Unchained Summoner (Shaitan Binder) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 TO 12 FF 15 | F +1 R +2 W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +4 | Perc +0 DV
Eidolon:
HP 6/6 | AC 15 TO 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | CMD 16 | Init +1 | Perc +4 DV | Imm Acid, Paralysis, Sleep

Will (Bakko): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 4 = 26
Will (Gandakan): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 4 = 15

Bakko now notices the ruse, and tells Gandakan to stop attacking.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

"Something created these orcs, so they surely had a reason for it. Perhaps…" Camred closes her eyes and concentrates on the area.

Using Psychometry on the surrounding area.

Psychometry:
Once per day, you can concentrate for 1 minute while in physical contact with an item or location, during which you receive flashes of insight regarding the subject’s nature and ownership. After 1 minute, you attempt a DC 15 Appraise check to decipher the visions. You gain one piece of information about the historical significance or the last previous owner — such as a glimpse of the last owner’s appearance or its emotional state when it last used the item — determined by the GM.

Appraise, DC 15: 10 + 9 = 19

Sovereign Court

margat you still need to attack for the save, its a save to disbelieve, upon hitting or being hit

Camred you get the sense of children taking on these exact creatures from previous times before and though some ran screaming, some fought, most walked on by after realizing they were illusions

Fundir, you can get a whiff of pipesmoke but not where it comes from or anything else

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

Margat fires upon the figures again.

bow attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Previous will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

Camred puts her rod back in its place and looks to the others. "Seems these illusions were likely part of the test for the village's children. I'm getting images of children encountering these in the past."

Sovereign Court

As it stands Kolret is the only one who does not believe they are fake.

Kolret give me 2 will saves at +4
And one at +8 for multiple people showing you

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

| NG Male Half-orc Phalanx Soldier (Fighter) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (Tch: 12; FF: 17) | CMB: +4; CMD: 15 (+2 v trip) | F: +4; R: +2; W: -1 | Init: +2 | | Speed 30 ft | Perc: -1 KnD: +5 SensM: -1 | Active Conditions: none

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Sovereign Court

Huzzah the orc makes it finally!!

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

the dc was a 16, and there will be an update tonight for the next bit

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

| NG Male Half-orc Phalanx Soldier (Fighter) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (Tch: 12; FF: 17) | CMB: +4; CMD: 15 (+2 v trip) | F: +4; R: +2; W: -1 | Init: +2 | | Speed 30 ft | Perc: -1 KnD: +5 SensM: -1 | Active Conditions: none

Kolret shakes his head as he snaps out of his bloodlust. What the hell was that!? Something about children you say? He walks back to the group and checks to see if everyone is alright.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Unchained Summoner (Shaitan Binder) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 TO 12 FF 15 | F +1 R +2 W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +4 | Perc +0 DV
Eidolon:
HP 6/6 | AC 15 TO 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | CMD 16 | Init +1 | Perc +4 DV | Imm Acid, Paralysis, Sleep

Children's play? Hmpf. - the Oread grunts, but he actually doesn't give it more than a couple thoughts. He shakes his head towards the elemental, which just looks oblivious and turns his back to ignore it.

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

Fundir shrugs as he is informed about the children. "I know nothing about that, but I swear I caught a whiff of some pipesmoke there for a second.."

GM:
Aspect of the wolf would give me the scent tracking ability, but I don't want to derail the game or anything. If this is something that is possible to follow up on, I would like to but it is not imperative.

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

"A fragment of past memories? Does the forest remember as though it is a living creature?" Margat ponders.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Do we believe that this was set up by the villagers or perhaps someone trying to hide something and dissuade would be adventurers, Flyn ponders.

Sovereign Court

This is something I would love to follow up on, but no, its something that is not able to follow, I can explain later on if you'd like

After Dealing with the illusionary orcs, most of the day for traveling goes rather peaceful. Following the map you have is relatively easy, you find a few twists and turns that on it, but still manage to find the course.

Fundir along the travel you happen to look up and notice that the sunlight starts to fade, you let your companions know but soon its evident as moderately cold winds start to rattle the bare trees, but as you look around, you see no signs of civilization.

you find a nice area to camp in for the night, three sides are surrounded by a thicket of bushes, and its relatively flat.

For those who are going to bed night, for those that are staying up, I need a perception check

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

Fundir settles into the camp routines with the others rather easily. It seems that his time among the other races, indeed with other souls in general, has helps smooth at least some of his rough edges out. Once wood has been gathered and the bedrolls are laid out, he joins the others for dinner around the fire. "How do you want to go about watches tonight?" he asks the group. "I can take any watch, but will need some time in the morning to prepare my spells for the day." When the watch order has been set and diner finished, he helps clean up before settling in for the night.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 4 = 18

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Flyn unbuckles his rapier after dinner, he sits by the firelight polishing and sharpening it for a twenty minutes before getting into his bedroll. "I will take whatever watch I am required to, I would prefer not to be the first however. My eyes are very tired, give me a few hours and I will be fresh again," says Flyn. I also require some time in the morning to regain my arcane magic.
+1 damage to next attack

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

Margat tries to rest. She'll take first guard if needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Grand Lodge

| NG Male Half-orc Phalanx Soldier (Fighter) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (Tch: 12; FF: 17) | CMB: +4; CMD: 15 (+2 v trip) | F: +4; R: +2; W: -1 | Init: +2 | | Speed 30 ft | Perc: -1 KnD: +5 SensM: -1 | Active Conditions: none

I can go second

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

I can do whichever.

Sovereign Court

Through out the night, about every shift there is a wolf howling,a blood hungry howl that seems as if it is getting closer, but then suddenly during the last shift nothing is heard

Camred perception check?

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

Margat relates what she heard during the watch to Kolret. "A wolf... howling. I sensed it was approaching, but I could not see anything. It seems the woods here are haunted by spirits other than those of the orcs," she says.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Unchained Summoner (Shaitan Binder) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 TO 12 FF 15 | F +1 R +2 W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +4 | Perc +0 DV
Eidolon:
HP 6/6 | AC 15 TO 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | CMD 16 | Init +1 | Perc +4 DV | Imm Acid, Paralysis, Sleep

Bakko sleeps, taking whatever turn needed for guard. While sleeping, Gandakan isn't around - but if it's on Bakko's guard time, he will summon his eidolon again to accompany him.

Sovereign Court

Camred on your shift, you no longer heard the wolf, but as you looked around wearily, you catch sight of the wolf before it notices it was spotted, what do you want to do, or you can give me a wild empathy check

only Camred, as it was on her night shift

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female Human Occultist 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15, T 11, FF 14 | F +3, R +1, W +4 | Init +1 | Perc +7 | 1st level: 2/2 | Evocation Focus 3/4, Divination Focus 2/3

Heh, what Wild Empathy?

Camred quietly nudges Fundir awake and points out the wolf.

Sovereign Court

kinda to move things along a bit

Failing to wake up fundir, camred takes some the dried ration meat and tosses it at the wolf.

As hungry as the wolf is, he sniffs it a bit before taking the meat and leaving.

The rest of the night is uneventful

In the morning, a single pair of wolf tracks can be seen circling the campsite. You all decide to pack up your things and continue on your way.

Soon The trees begin to thin, revealing a field of short, green grass that leads to the shores of a wide, calm lake reflecting the overcast sky above. A dense fog hangs over the center of the
lake, obscuring the far side. Near the shore of the lake, a dark
form lies next to the water.

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

Wife and I have been violently ill last few days.

Fundir wakes the next morning, and is dismayed when Comred tells him of being unable to be awoken. "I do apologize.." the nagaji says humbly. "I will try to do better!" After breakfast, he sits apart, communing with Nature and with Erastil for an hour before he joins the group in continuing their travels.

As Fundir enters the field, he quickly notices the dark form, and holds his hand up to stop the others while he scans the area.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 10 = 29

How far away from the form are we, and does it look like a body?

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

Anyone else see that dark shape, should we check it out perhaps. Flyn says to the rest of the party.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Unchained Summoner (Shaitan Binder) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 TO 12 FF 15 | F +1 R +2 W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +4 | Perc +0 DV
Eidolon:
HP 6/6 | AC 15 TO 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | CMD 16 | Init +1 | Perc +4 DV | Imm Acid, Paralysis, Sleep

Perception (Bakko): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Perception (Gandakan): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bakko looks at the dark shape pointed by Flyn, and tries to identify what it is before moving forward.

Sovereign Court

The dark form is indeed a body, anyone who checks the body give me a survival and a heal check

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

Fundir moves carefully towards the body where it lay on the ground, peering through the trees around for any hint of danger. Reaching the body, he kneels down to check the corpse.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

Margat wonders what befell the body.

heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Sorry for not posting more. The website didn't seem to update that there are new posts on the thread.

Sovereign Court

You can see the body has bite marks, and that he's been dead for quite some months, you also you see that there is a near by campfire that has been abandoned for months

Though you do notice on the body a masterwork shortsword, a coin pouch with 87gp, and coins from the capital city of tamran.

Otherwise nothing important or interesting to note

Once you decide to leave the lake behind, you travel for another 3 hours.

The trail leads ever deeper into fangwood, through a twisting maze of treez and confusing ravines. As it tops a small rise, a broad valley spreads out before it, the opposite side which looks like a writhing serpent. Yet between the two lies a steep hill sloping down ibto the valley. A cold rain starts to fall, making the ground slick and treacherous.

How do you want to proceed?

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus (Kensai, Bladebound) 1
Stats:
| AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | HP 11/11 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +0

This ground looks dangerous, perhaps we should tie a rope around us all as we go down so if one falls the rest can catch them," Flyn says as he stoops down feeling the slick earth.

Scarab Sages

Male Oread Unchained Summoner (Shaitan Binder) 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 TO 12 FF 15 | F +1 R +2 W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +4 | Perc +0 DV
Eidolon:
HP 6/6 | AC 15 TO 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 | CMD 16 | Init +1 | Perc +4 DV | Imm Acid, Paralysis, Sleep

Agreed. Does anyone have a rope? Gandakan can hold it up while we climb down. I can climb for last, and then summon a horse to hold while I do so - bringing him back once I'm done. - says the Summoner.

Grand Lodge

F Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Init +4 | Per +5 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | CMD 17

Margat produces a rope from her backpack and passes it to Bakko. She's a little suspicious, as it seems a good spot for an ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

M Nagaji Hunter (Feral)/ 2 15/15hp] [AC:19 T:11 FF:18] [F+3/R+4/W+3] [CMB +4] [CMD 15 ] [INIT +2] [Perc +10]

Fundir takes the sword and coin and stashes them into his pack. "Something ate him.. and some time ago too." he says, returning to the group.

Looking out over the next valley, Fundir lets out a whistle of awe. "I agree.. that's going to be hard. Here, lets tie some knots in the ropes to make it easier."

While the ropes are being set, he joins Margat at the ridge edge and also looks out. "Something troubling you?" he asks.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 4 = 33
Also looking for an easier way down or a way to go around the hazardous terrain.

Sovereign Court

You will find a place to tie the rope off, but unfortunately no any other way to proceed down

Going down with the rope I will need 3 acrobatics check, and add an addutional +2 to your rolls

-Posted with Wayfinder

51 to 100 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Crypt of the EverFlame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.