Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

City of Golden Death


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,510 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

I knew I forgot to mention something. Map is already updated.


Halfling HP 37/37 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 14, Saves F 4, R 6, W 6; Perception +9, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Seeing Gad hold his ground and not charge ahead not only surprised Qina, but it gave her an idea. She reached into her spell pouch and grabbed a small slab of butter as she focused her attention on the ground in front of Gad. And then she waited...

Ready Action to cast grease on the ground in front of Gad if the statue-like guardian charges.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian takes a few steps forward with Gad. As she passes Brezik she reaches out to him with a hand that glimmers like polished steel, "You know this things weaknesses, let us distract it, trust your intuition."

Casts Bulls Strength onto Brezik. Party time!


The guardian lumbers forward, building up speed and raising its arms to smash down on Gad'larr. Qina calls out some arcane words, the butter in her hands disappearing and becoming a large grease puddle in front of the construct.

Reflex!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

It crashes to the ground and skids before Gad, coming to a stop well within striking range. Something crunched within it and it is slow to get up. The heat it exudes is just as powerful as that coming from the canal below, and in fact the shimmer from the haze is making its form indistinct and blurry.

Order 1st Round
Gad, Qina, Viv
Golden Guardian [prone, slowed (1 round), 20% miss chance]
Bel, Brezik, Al

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 5 | HP 44/44 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +9 : R +5 : W +8 | Init -1 | CMB +10 : CMD 18 | Smite Evil 2/2 : Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+10/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+10/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+12/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+5/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +11, Heal +9, HA +11, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +3 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Allister will cast Endure Elements on Brezik, then draw his greatsword and wait for the enemy to approach.

Standard, Move


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Bel, feeling the heat sharply on his pale skin, evokes Pharasma's protection and moves amongst the party bestowing the blessing on each of them.

Communal endure elements, 4 hours coverage for each party member, save your spell/action Al. Standard action to cast,
move to touch all the party, ending as near the statue as I can.


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

Brezik runs up past the Strange statue, trying to jump over its flailing and arms, he stops and turns around. Waiting for one of his allies to distract the creature from him he holds his axe up in the air weighing his options on where to hit the thing.

Move action (provokes attack of opportunity)
standard action (readied attack for as soon as Brezik has a flanking partner)

Great-axe: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 13 + (4, 4) = 24


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Gad steps to flank the golden creature with Brezik and flurry strikes with his sword, hesitant to touch the creature directly.

"NOW! HIT IT NOW!"

MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
+flurry!
MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
+flurry!(Costs 1 ki point)
MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Crit Confirm?
MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 5 | HP 44/44 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +9 : R +5 : W +8 | Init -1 | CMB +10 : CMD 18 | Smite Evil 2/2 : Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+10/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+10/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+12/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+5/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +11, Heal +9, HA +11, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +3 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Since Belathorian cast Communal Endure Elements, would I be able to re-use my standard action? If so, please use the following:

Attack in place of overlapping spell:

Greatsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 2 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 + 4 = 17

Allister draws his greatsword as he steps up to the construct then swings wildly, his blade hitting nothing but hot air.


Blur-Brezik: 1d100 ⇒ 81
Blur-Gad 1: 1d100 ⇒ 27
Blur-Gad 2: 1d100 ⇒ 33

Despite the heat shimmer of the construct Gad'larr and Brezik are able to hit it multiple times, piercing its thick armored hide, though not as effectively as you might hope. Gad'larr does manage to get his sword into its joints and do some more effective damage, but it continues to move to stand. Allister and Gad's final attack are stopped by the monster's armor.

Order 2nd Round
Gad, Qina, Viv
Golden Guardian [prone, 20% miss chance] -39
Bel, Brezik, Al


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Doesn't standing up provoke attacks of opportunity?


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

I don't think it has actually tried to get up yet seeing as it's still Qina and Viv's action. but I'm pretty sure it still needs to take an aoo against Brezik.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

It hasn't stood up yet, got viv and qina's turns first

never mind

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian takes a few steps around, hoping that whatever this is will lose her as she is amonst the crowd.

+1 CI Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Move, attack


What they said. And I didn't make it take an AoO for two reasons, 1.) It's focused entirely on Gad at the moment, 2.) It rolled a natural 1 on its Ref save so I made it slow down some.

Vivian moves in, but does not have the leverage to adequately hit the construct with all of the moving bodies and the puddle of grease.

Order 2nd Round
Gad, Qina, Viv
Golden Guardian [prone, 20% miss chance] -39
Bel, Brezik, Al


Halfling HP 37/37 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 14, Saves F 4, R 6, W 6; Perception +9, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Standing behind the others, Qina decided to wait and see what happened. She wasn't sure how effective the rest of her magic would be and with the thing surrounded and laying on the ground, she just waited gripping her spear with both hands.

Total Defense


The construct shakily gets to its feet, taking care not to slip any more while glaring at Gad'larr with its face-plate.

AoOs from everyone. AC 15, 20% miss chance.


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

"FOR KASSEN!"
+1 CI Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"This guy's too hot! Hit him with something COLD!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 5 | HP 44/44 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +9 : R +5 : W +8 | Init -1 | CMB +10 : CMD 18 | Smite Evil 2/2 : Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+10/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+10/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+12/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+5/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +11, Heal +9, HA +11, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +3 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Greatsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 2 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 + 4 = 15


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

greataxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (3, 1) = 21
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 42

BRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Ops, forgot a couple of these
Miss attack: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Miss AoO: 1d100 ⇒ 4
Face palm


Miss-Bel: 1d100 ⇒ 78
Miss-Gad: 1d100 ⇒ 84
Miss-Al: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Belathorian, Gad'larr, Allister, and Brezik all descend on the construct with enormous weapons. Vivian can't quite tell where it is from all of the heat shimmer coming off of it, but attempts to hit it anyways.

Despite the thickness of its armor everyone's concerted attack brings it down. Strangely it glows brighter, and brighter before exploding outwards 10 feet in molten gold.

HOT!!!: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 3, 3, 2) = 23

Everyone in ten feet of it takes 23 damage, 11 if you make a DC 14 Reflex save. Oh, and Combat Over!

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

"IT"S. GONNA. EXPLO" Vivian tries to dive out of the way as the golden construct shutters and explodes.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Whew, when it counts

As the gold sears into everyone's skin, Vivian's mind goes first to her armor. It appears ok.. poor metal, these golden speckles must have hurt huh?'

"Gather around." Once everyone is ready, she'll channel positive energy on the group.
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10 Can again, waiting to see the saves

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 5 | HP 44/44 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +9 : R +5 : W +8 | Init -1 | CMB +10 : CMD 18 | Smite Evil 2/2 : Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+10/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+10/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+12/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+5/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +11, Heal +9, HA +11, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +3 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Can anyone confirm whether armor check penalty applies to Reflex Saves? All I can find is for skill checks.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 -5 if ACP is applied to save.

"AAAIIIEEEE!" Allister squeals as he is splattered with molten gold.


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

As the statue seems to stop moving Brezik notices that it is starting to glow. Curious at what is happening he leans in for a better look. He looks up at Vivians warning, but it is too late...


Just skills


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Evasion work here?

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Sigh...never mind.

"Good wor...AGGHHHGGHHhhh!"

Gad collapses somewhat under the unexpected weight of the molten gold, despite the spell of protection and his fast reflexes.


It would have...

Once you are on the bridge itself you notice it is slightly cooler here than you would expect, and noticeably not covered in gold.

DC 15 Survival:
The tracks here are faint, but it looks like the remaining Razmirans went along this way after beating a different Golden Guardian.


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

After the explosion Brezik just looks up his face covered in a thin layer of spattered molten gold. He reaches up and grabs ahold of a piece and yanks it off with a loud yelp. The spot where it comes off leaves a red angry burnt spot. He looks down at the piece of gold in his hand a piece of skin still attached.

Guys. I don't feel so good.

Still 13 hit points down after the Channel.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Getting up, Gad tries to ignore the searing pain of the gold plastered to his skin.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"They were here...fought another 'gold man.' They must replace themselves. Look around. There may be a way to shut off this creation. They must come from the channel under the bridge."


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Ouch! So -13 after channel

Bel turns his head to Viv just as the construct detonates, molten gold spatters across one side of his white face.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian makes sure Gad, Brezik, and Bel are close. "We'll have to look out for that kind of stuff in here I guess, everything seems to be associated with gold somehow. Good news is gold is a metal," she then gets a grin, " so it can't be all that bad for you. Plus we might have a small fortune just in our skin once we're out of this place. Focus on accepting the metal into your being..." She bows her head again and the pain of the party's wounds fade away in a series of pulses.
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) = 7 ...
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

Brezik absentmindedly scratches at the psyche of new skin where a moment ago had been a horrible looking burn.

And if we stick around here talking too long we'll have more gold than we'll know what to do with. Hehe!!! We could all be Gold Statues.

Brezik laughs like he's told a particularly funny joke. After a moment he quiets down.

Back to work I suppose.

The dwarf looks at Gad an nods as he drops into a low stance to take up his scouting position.


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Nodding at Brezik, Gad moves to keep up.

"Everybody stay here for now. We'll check the far end of the bridge. We will see if there are any other obstacles or traps. Maybe there is a way to prevent more Gold Guys from popping up later as well."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Survival(Picking up the Trail): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


SECRET ROLLS!:
C'mon Brezik...: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Following the trail of the Razmirans you follow the road another hundred feet north and find yourselves at the first intersection from the map. Walking into the intersection you feel a change in the air around you before a large column of flame bursts from the center. It burbles in a sound like firey magma and moves to attack!

Initiatives!:
Gad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Brezik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Viv: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Bel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Al: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Qina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fire Elemental: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Order 1st Round
Qina
Fire Elemental
Bel, Gad, Brezik, Viv, Al

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Curious, Brezik's Bulls Strength was good for 5 minutes, does he still have it active?


Halfling HP 37/37 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 14, Saves F 4, R 6, W 6; Perception +9, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina did not like fire. She knew Brezik did, had seen him wield it like a weapon against metal while working at the forge, but she had seen what it could do to flesh.

She hurried forward to stand with her friends...well, slightly behind her friends. She wasn't quite as brave as they were, but it was her job to protect them. She reached out to touch Brezik, quickly drawing a little flame on his rear end while calling out to the frost to protect him.

Casting resist energy - fire on Brezik. Resist Fire 10 for 60 minutes.


Yes, it is still going. 4 minutes left on it. Also, excellent intuition Qina.

The fire spews more magma speech and charges Brezik! Stops 10 feet from Brezik, attacking with reach.

Ignan:
"For Tar-Baphon!"

Slam!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Evade!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Because of Qina's spell Brezik avoids getting burned by the creature's attacks, and his natural skill avoids him getting caught on fire, but the force is still behind the blow and injures him just the same.

Order 1st Round
Qina
Fire Elemental
Bel, Gad, Brezik, Viv, Al


Stats:
N Samsaran Male Warpriest 5 | HP: (30/45) | AC: 18 (T: 11, F: 17) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20ft | Effects:

Something in what the elemental said brought bile to Belathorian's mouth, with a curse he moves to flank the creature, calling on Pharasma's blessing. As he does so cold mist begins to coruscate and fall from the blade of his scythe, frost crystallizes up the handle.

Move: Move/ Standard: Lesser Water Blessing/ Swift: Fervor cast Divine Blessing


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Hearing the language of fire, Gad's eyes widen in understanding as he slips into Dragon Style!

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Ignan:
"Tar-Baphon has been defeated! Centuries ago! You fight for a fallen master! You no longer have a reason to be here!"

Taking a 5 foot step to get inside the reach of the elemental that just charged, Gad then flurries with his sword hoping he can hurt the thing!

MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
+Flurry
MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male,Dwarf Unchained Rogue, 4 | Hp:33/58 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD:17(+4vs trip and bullrush) | Fort:+4 ,Ref:+5 ,Will:+2 ,( +1 reflex vs. traps, +2 vs poison and spells ) | Init:+1 | Perc:+11 (+2 traps, +2 unusual stone work) current conditions: Bulls Strength (4min), Resist Fire (60 min)

Brezik casts a glance at Qina then back up at Allister and Vivian. The dwarf takes a deep breath and steps forward trying to work his way into a flanking direction opposite Beltharion.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME YOU OVER GROWN CAMP FIRE!!!!

5 foot step and an attack

Great-axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

More focused on trying to distract the creature from other targets his swing comes no where near the monstrous elemental before him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin of the Dawnguard 5 | HP 44/44 | Speed 20ft | AC 19 : T 9 : FF 19 | F +9 : R +5 : W +8 | Init -1 | CMB +10 : CMD 18 | Smite Evil 2/2 : Lay on Hands 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
Extra:
Gauntlet (+10/1d3+5/*2), Short Sword (+10/1d6+5/19-20/*2), Brightfang (+12/2d6+7/19-20/*2), Javelin (+5/1d6+5/*2/30ft) | Dip +11, Heal +9, HA +11, Per +1, SM +9, Prof (S) +3 | S +5, D -1, C +1, I -2, W +1, Ch +3

Allister's eyes go wide. He suddenly remembers the burning church, his arm blistered black and weeping. When his friends charge headlong at the creature, their courage strengthens him in turn.

He steps past Qina towards the fiery being, then swings his blade like he always does.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Crit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 18

"You are only fire - we are Fleepers of the Kame!" Allister bellows, hoping to intimidate the elemental.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

Vivian thunders out at the fire creature, scolding it and trying to back it down. "STAND DOWN TO THE KEEPERS OF THE FLAME AND RETURN TO YOUR EMBERS!"

Casts Doom on the thing, Will save DC 15 or become Shaken
5ft step forward


Halfling HP 37/37 AC 16, Touch 15, Flatfooted 12, CMD 14, Saves F 4, R 6, W 6; Perception +9, Sense Motive +1; Init +4

Qina stepped forward and repeated her spell of energy resistance, this time on Allister. Drawing the same little flame on Allister's back, Qina once again summoned the power of the frost.

Casting resist energy - fire on Allister. Resist Fire 10 for 60 minutes.


Will!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The fires that make up the elemental glow brighter than they were with Vivian's words as scorching laughter fills the air, the merry crackling and popping of a hundred campfires at once. Gad'larr and Allister both hit the living flame, though it moves around their weapons without being much affected by the looks of them.

No crits or sneak damage vs this thing, too... planar for it. AC is 19.

It continues its assault on Brezik, ignoring the rest in favor of its initial target.

Wham!: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Slam!: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Damage: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 6 = 18

Fire engulfs Brezik and nearly sets the dwarf's beard on fire, though Qina's protections hold strong and stop him from being burned.

Order 2nd Round
Qina
Fire Elemental -9
Bel, Gad, Brezik, Viv, Al


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

Taking another step within the creature's reach, Gad keeps his sword swinging!

MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
+Flurry!
MW 9 Ring Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female Human Cleric 5 | HP 42/43 | 20ft | AC 19 (21): T 14 : FF 17 (19) (w/Shield) | F +6 : R +3 : W +8 | I +3 : P +4 : C(a) +5 : C(w) +5 : D +7 : H +10 : Kn(R) +8 : Kn(P) +5 : P(s) +9 : SM +9 | CE 6/9 : ToG 7/7 : BR 7/7 : Spells [1]3/4 : [2]2/3 : [3]2/2 | Active conditions: Nightdrops
Shortcuts:
[dice=Heavy Mace]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d8+3[/dice] [dice=Great Sword]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+4[/dice] [dice=DC]1d20+4[/dice]

After witnessing the hardiness of this elemental, Vivian calls on the aid of Gorum. With her shrieking battle-cry an incorporeal great sword comes into existence on the far side of the fiery dynamo.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage(bypasses DR): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Half-Orc Unchained Monk Level 5 | HP 41/50| Speed 40ft | AC 18 (21), touch 16, flat-footed 15, CMD 24 | Fort +6 : Ref +7 : Will +4 | Stun Fist 5/Day DC:14 (3 left)| Deflect Arrows 1/Rd | Perception +10 | Ki Pool: 5 Points /1 Used | Cond: endure elements

@Vivian:
Spiritual Weapon is better than that!
"...dealing 1d8 force damage per hit, + 1 point per three caster levels (maximum +5 at 15th level)."
You've got +2 damage right now. In another level it will go to +3 total!

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,510 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.