Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Critical Role Homebrew

Game Master IronDM72


1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

The wind blows down from the north across the Ironseat Ridge blowing into Ivyheart thicket. The season is turning into Fall across the land, three mighty untested heroes arrive at the tavern known as the Bloody Heart which located in the town Kymal. The tavern is ran by strange partnership of a halfing and dark elf. Ib Brewleaf is known for his spicy tavern potatoes and strong drink known as “Brewleaf”. Ziago the Cursed as he is known is for helping others find jobs. Some jobs are on the legal side but most of the others are not. The tale of the dark elf is tale to be told and normally draws a crowd on some nights at the Bloody Heart. The Tavern is also part Inn with an upstairs that have 10 rooms above. As the heroes arrive from the road, each of them enter the tavern and order something. The room is usual layout the entrance way is in the front, the sitting room as plenty of tables and chairs (roughly 15). The bar and entrance to the kitchen are in the back and the stair case leading up is on the right. As each you take a seat a beautiful halfing with deep earthy voice comes over to take order. [b] What may I get you dearie?[b]
The tavern is full of usual crowd tonight.
Take this time to introduce yourself and give a little history of youself

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

A swarthy man in a dark cloak occupies a table lit by a guttering candle that throws dark shadows on his rustic face.
He's clad in rough leather armor with studs of metal coldly hammered about it's surface. The armor and the man share a look in that neither are very pretty, but both look tough and well-used.

Slung about his back is a crossbow of massive size. It's well-worn haft bespeaks of countless hours of use, demolishing both straw targets and targets that bleed red when struck.

"You know me," he answers playfully at the beautiful halfling, crooking a smile. "'Taters an' brew. Gonna be a cold night, looks like."


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"Oh, um, whatever's plentiful." Somia smiles at the halfling, her mismatched eyes glittering. She's travelled far, but not quickly, enjoying the road and the freedom. Some likely wonder how such a frail looking thing could make journey from Emon all the way here... or how she'll handle the climate once the cold weather of the north falls on Whitestone.

She takes a deep breath "Perhaps I can play for lodgings, my purse is running low and I should try and conserve what I have left. Until I find some work at least" the girl's accent does not sound like she hails from the lower classes, and her clothes do not look patched or worn. The lute strapped to her pack looks like it's easily worth a family's meals for at least a couple of weeks.


Ray is out because of Hurricane stuff I will post tonite and his PC is along for the ride for now. I will post when I get home.


Got you sweetie The young halfing known a Shrae says to Jack. Shrae then moves to young woman who looks out of place in such a place. After taking the order from young scholar Shrae moves off the kitchen. Somia looks the rough crowd and sees A swarthy man in a dark cloak occupies a table lit by a guttering candle that throws dark shadows on his rustic face. She stairs for while when she notices a scholar such as herself enters from upstairs with a another figure.
I do not known when we will be done the dig Ziago says the young scholar who is half-elf from the looks of him. He appears to be speaking to dark colored elf. The dark elf is dressed in gaudy fashion, wearing fine silks and bright colors. He carries an air of mystery about him. He also has chains leading into his pocket and another chain that hangs to a book.
My young Shadowtree. I am sure that you can find another scholar person from your Lyceum to help with excavation. Ziago says waving his hand as they walk down stairs. The conversation can be heard by Somia and Jack. The duo stop at the bar as Shrae is gathering up drinks. I also don't have the proper security anymore. Some orcs attacked and killed several of the men you have hired. The Lyceum will pay more if you can help me get some. I know you can help me Ziago The young half elf says. Ziago looks around the tavern and smiles. Maybe my friend I could help you. Now go back upstairs and relax I will work on your requests. . You each see Ziago whisper to Shrae and then he go back to the area of the bar. Shrae brings each of you the meals and drink. Shrae smiles and says My employer would like to talk with you. If you agree to hear to him, your meal will be on the house. What say you?


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"Oh, that would be delightful, I can hardly turn down a conversation with such a generous host." Somia smiles.

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

"I was about to say no, but I can never turn down a free meal. Throw in another leathern jack of this fine, fine ale and you'll have my undying attention.

Of course, by 'undying' I mean 'until I finish the tankard of ale'. At that point my attention has been known to wane."

Having said his peace, Jack takes a moment to let his eyes walk over the lute-bearing tasty bit who also seems to be included on the invite.

'Although there are other ways to hold my attention,' he thinks to himself.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

Seeing Jack move as well, Somia offers a shy smile, "Somia, pleasure to meet you. Maybe we'll be working together?" she offers her hand to the rough looking ranger.

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

"Oh no, madam, the pleasure is certainly all mine," Jack says, mimicing something he heard a finely dressed gentleman say to a lovely and richly dressed courier...as he was picking his pocket.

Jack takes Somia's hand and kisses it softly. Though his hands a are rough and callous-worn, his movements are as smooth and fluid as a royal dancer's.

He might not know how to use words. But he knows how to use his hands.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

Somia blushes, it's not that she's not used to attention, but not quite so direct. "Lets see why we've been called shall we?"


Shrae smiles and returns with food. She then follows up with drinks. A Somia enjoys here drink and food with Jack. They are joined by dark elf, a dashing looking elf. He eyes Jack for minute and says I take it your man of certain skills with your weapons?. If you are would be willing to work for group of Scholars from the Alabaster Lyceum? As I am sure your companion here might be one them? Ziago says then shift his gaze to Somia.

Jack if you want to know about the group. Make a either a history/INT check dc 10. Somia can share if she wants or give me deception/CHA check


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"Indeed I am, though the masters did not say there were any projects in the area, not that they necessarily would of course. My education is broad, I've studied, history, the arcane, the natural world, religions, medicine, music... and so on, do you need to see my papers?"

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

History with teh smartZ!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Jack didn't have much for namby-pamby book larnin', and he was more likely to have heard of a particularly handsome herd of sheep than a cloister of near-sighted book scholars.

As Somia speaks eloquently to their patron, Jack nods to himself. 'Free booze and a chance to spend time with this tasty morsel? Aye, methinks these Lyceum people have the right of it.'

"Ayup," Jack at last answers. "If you need a man feathered from a 'unert paces, or a dagger in a back in a dark ally, I might could see my to it. You need me to escort the lady past a dark an' wicked woods? That might could be arranged.

For the right color o' coin, of course," he adds, not wanting them to get the wrong impression.

'Boy she smells nice. And are her eyes diff'rent colors? Niiiice,' Jack thinks, appreciating Somia's obvious, to him, charms.


Ziago looks at the young half elf and smiles. I am sure your masters overlooked this, this is a project that is considered “taboo”. My understanding from Master Shadowtree is Lyceum started with interest in the area over village that may have ties to the “Founding”. Ziago pause for dramatic effect. He then resumes Master Shadowtree tells me he came across some documents that mention another deity one not known in our time or in a written a history. This information apparently made the Council in Vasselheim very upset. They sent some scholars to see what this find was about. After about a few months most of the scholars left. Master Shadowtree’s family laid a pressure on the Lyceum and the funding stayed around. Recently there has been some raids from orcs, normally I would say this is not new. At first it was random then other oddities began to happen. Such as a death of scholar recently the death took place when the scholar was working on new find. What I am need of is scholar and sufficient guard for them. I am have plenty colors of coin. He reaches in robe and pulls out sack of coins and tosses it to Jack. My dear lady a woman of your talents surely can be off assistance? He waits patiently for answer.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"I'll be happy to help of course... Though I have no funding out here, so will need something to cover my expenses." she feels guilty even asking, but... "So, what do we know already?"

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Jack deftly catches the sack and weighs it in his hand with an expert's touch. "Alrigh'. I see we have an understanding," he says to Ziago. "But like the lady sez, it don't seem right if she goes into danger wit' me without no coin as recompense for her," he says with a wink at the comely bard.

"By the way," he follows, turning to the half elf fully. "Since we'll be working together, we may as well know each other all familiar like.

Name's Jack. And what be you called? Or shall I just call you pretty? That'd seem as real as any other name, for what I can see."

He winks again.


Ziago smiles and says Why of course my dear. As for getting to know each other I will leave you two together. For now come back to me in the morning. He reaches again pulls out an red ruby and hands it to Somia. I believe this should help you to understand at the text. Also here is some coin. Part of upfront to get you started. You will have more if your expertise can be of use. Jack I leave her to your care. There are two rooms upstairs. I will see you later. He hands Somia a ruby and bag of gold. The bag Jack has 15 PP and 50 GP, Somia has 7 PP, 20GP in it.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

Somia quickly checks and pockets the gem and the coin with a practiced ease that seems out of place with her noble accent "Thank you sir, see you in the morning."

Turning back to Jack, "I'm Somia, but I think I mentioned that already." looking him in the eye she states calmly "While I appreciate the flattery you can be assured that I am not the sort of girl who will be joining you in your room later, and don't be decieved into thinking I'm defenceless, I've spent weeks on the road relying on my own wits and abilities." she gives Jack a smile though, wanting more to establish parameters, than initiate hostility.

She takes a sip of her drink and brushes the hair back from her less-pointed ear, before realising and pulling the hair back over it.


Assuming everyone slept and etc. Morning comes to the adventurers. There is knock at Somia door. She opens it and sees young a halflinng there. Mistress, the master will see you in his chambers. He says to let the muscle sleep. The young halfling leaves you and you gather yourself up. You make your down into tavern, there waiting for you is another servant whose leads you to a room that you did not see before. Inside of the room is filled with books, and various artifacts. Sitting behind a huge desk is Ziago sitting comfortably. You walk forward and Ziago extends his hand. Please sit my dear. he says to you. You sit down and the chair is very comfortable. It reminds you of home a bit. Ziago then says Since you now know about the dig and the controversy, I thought I would see what you know. He pulls out two objects. They both appear to be mechanical like sprockets. As he hands them to you, the objects seem ancient and yet alive to you. The first objects is a circular sprocket. On it is ancient writing some of it appears to be familiar. Then it becomes hard to read after a point. You search your mind Give me a history Check .

1-5:
You wished you had paid more attention

5-10:
Maybe a you should check your religion knowledge

10-15:
The writing on this speaks of goddess of artifacts and clockwork

15-20:
The goddess gives you Hespa was exiled and her works contained if you get this you get roll advantage on the second roll

You examine the second piece and the language is every different. Ziago says Well my dear what does it say?
Give me another history check

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Jack chuckles as Somia establishes her boundaries. 'Heh. Spirit. Good.'

He stays up a bit late, relishing the feeling of coin in the purse and wine in the cup.

He snores extra loudly as Somia is given history exam.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
2nd History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (17)
Somia is silent as she studies the objects.


As Somia reads the second piece of metal. The language is deeper than the first piece. It speaks a different language that seems to explode in your mind. add Analyze Device to your cantrips for now. . The words are key that leads to lock. The one who is able to open the lock with these words may find a greatness. Hespa looks to bless those with her creation to help the with chained. The words also strike a vision of a hooded figure waiting in chamber next to giant contructs that gleam with gold. Then your vision shifts to tower with a strange creature with big ears and a long snout. The being holds a giant jewel that gleam red. As these visions reach you. The ruby Ziago gives starts to burn in you pouch. make dex save .
//
As Jack wakes up he gather himself together and goes down to eat. As he comes down the stairway he notices a blurred tiny size motion. It is next an odd door that Jack did not see before.
Give me a Perception check

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Rested and happy from a sound night's sleep after an honest night of drinking, Jack yawns and stretches mightily.
Still, his life has been one of prudence, so he thinks it no great question of philosophy when he slinks into his comfortable leather armor and slings his trust bow across his back. Perhaps 'tis a break of decorum to be fully dressed for breakfast, but he's in the pay of those boring, but unpredictable scholars now. If they suddenly feel the need to head off to dusty tomes two towns away, the least he could do for their generous coin was be ready.

As the unexpected blur crosses his gaze, he tries to track it his well-honed hunter's instincts.

Perception!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

But the early hour, his empty belly, and last night's revelry still hold a light fog over his head, and he's not yet at his full capacity.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

Dex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Somia manages to drop the ruby so that it does not burn her. At that moment Ziago gives look of interest. At that moment Jack sees tiny creature dressed in small leather, darting way from Jack. The creature sneers at him. As the creature goes by Jack swings his sword but misses the creature. The Creature spins to avoid the attack and goes out the door as it opens. Jack looks down and sees a tear drop gem. At the same moment Somia with a little healthy respect picks-up the ruby. Apon looking at it Somia sees an object inside ruby that was not there before. Ziago says That is interesting and fascinating. Tell me what did you learn and what is your history, little one? Jack looks at the door that the creature went out. Then must decide to go after it or let Somia know.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"You mean you were not expecting that?" Somia looks at Ziago carefully. Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21, assuming she sees nothing untoward in his curiosity (if she does, ignore the following).

"The language is old, I don't know it, but it is somehow familiar. There is talk of a lock, and a forgotten goddess, she wants help... with the chained? There was a vision of a hooded figure in a chamber with giant constructs, gleaming with gold. And another of a creature in a tower with large ears and along snout, with a red jewel. Then this one started burning." she holds up the ruby, trying to get a better look at what's trapped within.
"As to me, I'm not anybody, I don't know my father, but my mother always said he was just a passing trader. My mother was well-off enough to sponsor my entry to the Lyceum, though hardly a player on the world stage. I was a sickly child, prone to every illness going, but despite it all, I'm still here." she smiles at Ziago, hesitantly.

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

"GaH! WhA!" Jack cries as misses the creature and it darts through the door.

"What the devils...." he muses, looking about to make sure he's safe. He sheathes his sword and bends down to pick up the jewel. "Hm. Curious," he says, dropping it into a belt pouch.

Still curious, and sort of threatened, by the odd fey that interrupted his morning, Jack takes up his trusty crossbow and shoulders the door open in pursuit.

'Somia's most likely sleepin'. No need to bother her with this,' he thinks, exploring the mystery further.


Your insight shows you that ruby surprised him
Ziago listens intently Somia. Well then that is tale, it seems to me that fate has smiled at you. I am curious to see how all this plays out. A chained god, hmmm. Sounds like something I should have researched more. Anyway I am very interested this chamber full of stuff. I shall have you meet with Shadowtree soon. The sooner you get this site the more information we will have. Ziago says to her. I am curious as what you think all this means. What do you know of the deities?


Jack going outside to in pursuit of the odd fey. He runs into several other people as the fey flies by all them.
New players please introduce yourselves


HP: 19/25 | Init: +4 | AC: 16 |
Saves:
St:3 De:4 Co:1 In:1 Wi:5 Ch:-1

A small pale skinned halfling with dark circles under his eyes was walking toward the Bloody Heart Tavern with a purposeful stride. A pair of daggers hung on his hip and he wore plain studded leather armor as well as a stuffed backpack full of supplies. His dark black hair was unruly in a way that would have seemed like it was cut irregularly and not with care. Long sideburns framed his sharp pale yellow colored eyes. Seeing the scene before him his eyes tracked the blur but he stepped aside letting it move unimpeded by him as he watched. Silently he looked over the man named Jack as he gave some pursuit, pausing his inevitable trek to the Tavern.


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

"My studies covered most of the prime deities, and the betrayers, I pay my respects to The Knowing Mistress, though I would not say I am devout. Are you curious to see if I link the chained reference to the Chained Oblivion? I can assure you I will be watching for signs of the involvement of that particular cult."


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

Darius was a wood elf who looked scrawny even by his own people's flimsy norm. His hair was cut short, in a tidy but utilitarian manner. And he wore an overcoat that was all the rage in Whitestone. It was both fashionable and useful, since it hid his tools of a more larcenous nature. But his amulet to Selûne, the Moonweaver, was in obvious display. Overall, he resembled more an unassuming merchant than any kind of adventurer, and that was how he liked it.

He walked along breezily, ready to start a new job. His coin purse was starting to get a little light, and his Clasp contact promised him that Ziago had something profitable in store for him. And so he wasn't worried.

Nor was he particularly prepared to see something zip flying past him at an impressive speed. "Don't see that every day."

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Jack, darting along easily in his studded leather, but never quite gaining on the fey, nods in affirmation at the wood elf. "Aye. I'm not even sure I've seen it yet!" he states, keeping up his chase.


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Do you need that thing dead or slowed?" he asked the man wearing the dark cloak. "Pretty sure I can hit it with a bolt."

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

"Not sure," Jack replies. "I think it stole something, because it dropped a gem. I wanted to catch it and ask it, but the thing is devil-quick. Think you could do me a favor and circle around so we can catch it? If it did steal anything I'll split whatever it has with ye."


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Deal!" Darius calls back as he draws his hand crossbow. He keeps the flitting creature in his sights as he does exactly as the cloaked man instructed. He pours on the speed, his coat flapping in the wind, to keep up.

Using Cunning Action to Dash. That gives me a 70 foot movement because Wood Elves are ridiculous. I'll make a perception check in case it's needed.

WIS (perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


HP: 19/25 | Init: +4 | AC: 16 |
Saves:
St:3 De:4 Co:1 In:1 Wi:5 Ch:-1

X said nothing but watched as the two men took off after the creature at a pace he couldn't match. After consideration he turned back toward the tavern and headed inside.


As Somia finishes her sentence. she hears something outside the door of Ziago study. Ziago and her both get the door as they notice Jack running out the door. Somia follows Jack out just a bit behind. As Jack stops to speak to the wood elf, she sees the halfing X coming in. Ziago looks at X and says Follow the lady friend the pair follow Somia. Jack and the group follow the blur into an abandon building. That is two blocks down from the Bloody Heart. As they approach the door Ziago say What exactly did you see Jack? Each of you are outside the building and it is mid morning. As Ziago says that there is sound of glass cracking as the window above the door shatters as rocks come falling down.

need a dex save from everyone
Ziago 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP: 19/25 | Init: +4 | AC: 16 |
Saves:
St:3 De:4 Co:1 In:1 Wi:5 Ch:-1

X was surprised at the sudden rush to chase after the creature but nodded and followed along. His hands rested on his daggers as he silently took the cues from Ziago his employer to be soon hopefully. His eyes flicked to the lady scanning her up and down as the moved in pursuit. He had sailed on a ship before he took work here many years ago and it was good to know your crew, this woman radiated the air of an officer on board. IHe would need to ask her a few things when there was more time and he was less tired, his reticence to talk being a habit formed over years. As they got to the building there was the crash and falling object which he reacted to by leaping aside.

Dex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

Dex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Somia is obviously still in academic mode, not dodge out of the way of stuff mode...


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

DEX Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Whoa!"

Darius dives to the side.

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Dex Save!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I saw the fey summon a door and sprint away--" Jack was so intently focused on the building, and trying to answer the question, that he failed to notice the falling rocks until it was almost too late. He tried to quickly dodge out of the way.


The glass shatters around each of you. Some of the shards hit Somia and she is cut. Another of Ziago's hires comes in Kenzi join in. As the group stands outside for moment. Ziago says The creature is in there? From you quick description it sounds like the creature I have been looking for. Lets go in and the one who captures its gets a bonus of 300 gold. The group moves into the door way and enters a hall. The hall stretches about 60 feet, there are two doors on the right and two doors on the left. At the far end of the hall is set of steps proceeding up. The light is ok for now as long the door is open. You each hear foot steps upstairs and then silence.
Time explore! go directly upstairs or search the rooms on the way?

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Jack's face lights up as Kenzi joins them. "Hey there stranger! I haven't seen you since we left that Citadel! Ood business that, but I'm glad to see you still walking and breathing.

Hey Ziago, in what condition are we talking? Alive or dead matter much?"


HP: 19/25 | Init: +4 | AC: 16 |
Saves:
St:3 De:4 Co:1 In:1 Wi:5 Ch:-1

X kneels down next to the doorway looking at the others before leaning to the floor and inhaling deeply trying to get the creature's scent. To the others it would look like the strange silent little man was pretending to be a hound as he moved slightly back and forth trying to lock into the trail before the others disrupted it. He did not believe in the simple answer of upstairs when dealing with a fey.

Using Hunter's Bane to track the Fey.

Survival w/ Advantage to track Fey: 2d20 ⇒ (2, 7) = 9+5=12


1/2Elf Female Bard 3 | AC 15 | HP15/15 | STR-2; DEX+3*; CON-1; INT+2; WIS-; CHA+4* | PPerc 8 | 4/4x1st 2/2x2nd

any damage taken?

Not sure of anyone's names Somia is forced to rely on racial descriptors...
"Jack and um... Elf and you human woman, you take upstairs, Halfing take the left rooms. I'll take the right. And everyone, call out if you find it, we can split the money." Somia follows her own instructions without waiting to see if anyone else does.


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

"Yes, ma'am," the cleric answers cockily. "Name's Darius by the way. Pleased to meet your acquaintance. Now lets go make some money."

He then turned to Jack.

"Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you seem a sneaky sort. And not that I'm not confident in your abilities, but how's about making the shadows work a bit more in our favor, eh?"

Darius places a hand to the holy symbol around his neck, and a living shadow leaps to his fingertips. He presses the hand to Jack and the shadows seem to deepen, while sound muffles just a bit.

Just gave Jack the Blessing of the Trickster. He has advantage on Stealth checks for the next hour, or until I grant the blessing to someone else.

"And now you know how elves move so quietly in the woods. We cheat."

Darius keeps his crossbow in hand while he stalks up the stairs.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Passive Perception is 15.

Liberty's Edge

| Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Atk: +8/d10+4| FX: Human Ranger 3| AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | 1st: 3/3

Jack grins a sinister grin. "Aye. I've been known to place a light step, now an' again.

And that's the only way to make sure the game is fair. By cheating. You're a handy sort."

Jack steps after the extra-sneaky wood elf, going up the stairs, his own crossbow held at the ready.

Stealth!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
MOAR Stealth!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


No damgage Somia
Before Jack and Darius leave X is able to smell the fey. He also smells a thicker deep wood smell of elder fey as well. Ziago says I will wait here.. Somia voices her commands and X 's actions allow him to point up stairs. Darius and Jack with weapons out move past the hallway and up the stairs. As the blessings of the Shadow help those around them. The group is able to move up the stairs silently. As the crests they see the following. A small fey moving and darting like a humming bird. Three other tall and cloaked figures stand. The fey creature is on the left on there is a tall figure with his back to you each you. There are two other shadow figures standing on the right. You each hear voice as if sounds like it is in you mind and also out loud. We have visitors, Blink you where followed. That drow has hired new help! Deal with them Dubh Catha and I may reward with you. With that the figure with his back to you vanishes.
Initiative Order
Jack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Darius 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
X 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Somia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Blink (fey) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Dubh Catha figure 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
DC figure 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Dairus and Somia are up


Combat:
hand crossbow +5 (1d6+3) | dagger +5 (1d4+3) | sneak attack (1d6) | Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5
HP 21/21 | AC 15 | Saves STR -1 DEX +5 CON +1 INT +2 WIS +3 CHA +1 | spd 35 | Perc. +5; Pass. 15 | Wood Elf Rogue 2, Cleric 1 | HD 3/3 | Insp. 0/1 | Effects: None

DM, I'm not sure if I'm hidden to the rest of the humanoids or not. I'll roll as if I am, and you can take the rolls that apply and ignore the rest.

Darius grimaces and fires a bolt from his hand crossbow at one of the humanoids, with only the slightest pang of guilt. The cloaked fellows had been ordered to kill him, and he could only assume that they would comply. And while he may have been a fan of danger, he was generally averse to dying.

Targeting the nearest goon.

Crossbow w/ADV: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 <--
Crossbow w/ADV: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Darius then tries to blend into the shadows. Cunning action to Hide.

DEX (stealth): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Critical Role Homebrew 5E All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.