Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Crimson Throne of Lore

Game Master LoreKeeper


251 to 300 of 1,884 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

Esmerelda walks in hip swaying strides after the dwarf, oblivious to Caulders comments. "Let's get inside, Staurmbar. These walkways might not hold for long." As she stops behind Pagrim, she gives a sniff "I thought the smell of rotting fish would mask the smell of wet dog." Where is that smell coming form? She looks at the dwarf and gives another sniff Oh and looks away.


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Ten clomped along the walkway, with only marginally less grace than Esmerelda. Flirting? Now? I always suspected that the Bank was a bit... Well, now I know.


Pagrip doesn't hear anything beyond the door, but he finds that the door is both unlocked and used regularly. The smell here is more unpleasant than in the fishery above, quite vomit inducing.


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

"Don't just stand there. Open it. Or is this one of those tricky doors?"


"Hey, you wanna do this?" Pagrip says. "No? I didn't think so. So have a little patience." He opens the door.


The door opens easily, revealing a large room and a familiar wicked old man in it. Gaedren Lamm! He sneers at Pagrip, "You! That meddling dwarf. Cost me a penny to have the fisher off'd. You! You get to feed Gobbleguts too!"

He lifts his crossbow and shoots; the shot goes hopelessly wide, hitting the water underneath Pagrip's feet.

Attack, crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage 1d8 ⇒ 3

Pagrip, Sense Motive DC 10:

Lamm doesn't look worried at all at the miss, in fact he seems satisfied with the shot.


Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Pagrip opens his mouth to say something, but pauses. His eyes widen and he glances down beneath his feet. "Look out!" he cries to Esmerelda and dives into the room.


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

Esmerelda rushes in after the dwarf, Pagrips' rudeness momentarily forgotten. "You'll have to be more specific, Staurmbar!"


Gobblegut, Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Gobblegut, Attack against Pagrip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gobblegut, Grab 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

A powerful churning grates the water and a loud bellow reverberates through the room as a large crocodile erupts from the water's surface. A crossbow bolt protrudes slightly from one paw - visible as it scrambles up the ledge. Its jaw is open wide, for just a few moments, then snaps shut on Pagrip's leg, twisting viciously and not letting go.

Knowledge (nature), DC 12:

This is definitely a crocodile; typically these predators grab onto whatever they intend on eating and drag it into the depths with them.

Initiatives:

Esmerelda 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Caulder 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Ten 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Pagrip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Gaedren Lamm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Gobblegut 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Up next: Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten, Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4


Round 1, Initiative 18
AC 16; HP 11/12, 1 nonlethal

DM:
Move past pagrip and attempt a swing at the croc.

Seeing a giant maw envelope the dwarf, Esmerelda moves forward to his aid. But then she spots him. Lamm.

She shouts "Call off your beast, Lamm. And throw down your weapon. You are coming with us to atone for your crimes. Especially those against the children!" punctuating her last word with a swing of her greatsword into the mass of crocodile.


Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 = 16


Round 1, Initiative 14
AC 16; HP 3/8

Pagrip cries out in pain as the crocodile chomps down on him. He immediately struggles to get free.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
If successful, he'll take a 5-foot step back out the door onto the gangplank.


Esmerelda's massive sword comes down on the crocodile dealing a terrible blow to the reptile, but it is not enough to slay the beast. Lamm sneers as he sees the paladin enter, almost laughing he mocks: "Hah! My little pet, that is you! Finally back for uncle Lamm? Why do you cover yourself up like that?" His laughter that follows is akin to a wheezing cough, but is still enough to run a series of shivers up Esmerelda's spine, involuntarily she tries to cover up more.

Pagrip manages to pull himself free of the massive jaw of the crocodile and quickly steps further back, trying to put a bit of distance between himself and the monster. His leg bleeds thick red blood where the teeth have torn into his flesh.

Up next: Ten, Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts, Esmerelda, Pagrip


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

Esmerelda looks particularly uncomfortable as she attempts to prevent her reflexes from taking over.

"You will pay dearly for all the things you have done to the children, Lamm."


Lamm cackles gleefully, interrupted by an occasional hacking cough. "The children? hahaha - yes, the children. But you've always been my favorite, remember? The games we played!?"


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Round 1, Initiative 13
AC 14; HP 14

Ten hurried after Pagrip and Esmerelda, but stopped short, at the door, when he caught sight of Lamm and his pet crocodile. The old man looked cornered - perfect. Ten reached for the his carefully-prepared mutagen, removed the lid and then swallowed down the bitter contents.

+ 4 Strength, +2 Natural Armor, -2 Intelligence


A sudden spurt of muscle growth envelopes Ten's body. Thick purple veins throb under his skin and his flesh bulges uncomfortably. Seeing Ten's misshaped form at the door Lamm bursts out: "YOU! YOU STILL OWE ME 20 GOLD FOR THE LAST SHIPMENT!" He's clearly upset.

Up next: Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts, Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

"Don't worry, Lamm. I've come to make the repayment."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Round 1, Init 12
AC 15, HP 11/11

Caulder itches to be in the room and in the fight, but his general dampness reminds him not to move too quickly on the gangway. He carefully moves up toward the doorway, just in time to get a close-up view of Ten's transformation. His eyes widen. What the Hells kind of freaks have I gotten myself involved with here? "Bank of Abadar!" he roars. "Lay down your weapons, and call off your pet!"


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

"Abadars glowing jewels!" Esmerelda exclaims at Tens'..er's..Transformation. Then her eyes narrow with determination as they once again fall on the crocodile "One beast at a time. First we take care of your little gator and then we are coming for you, old man."


DM rolls:

Esmerelda = 1
Pagrip = 2
1d2 ⇒ 2

Lamm, in little hurry, loads his handcrossbow. The crocodile has no patience, seeing its prey try to make for the exit it snaps after him. With a terrifying crunch the jaws slam shut - Pagrip only barely steps out of the way, his face coming tantalizing close to the maw, leaving him with a powerful rush of foul breath. The crocodile, ill-supported on the ledge and overextended slides back into the water.

Attack, Pagrip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"There. I called if off, my little flower. Now leave my place or I'll pluck you again," Lamm says, retreating into what must be his private sanctum.

Esmerelda:

Feint, Esmerelda 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Esmerelda, Sense Motive DC 23 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Esmerelda knows that Lamm is vile, but he also appears to be a frail old man with little hope to make the next spring. He apparently genuinely wants to be left alone. He called off the crocodile, at least; that must count for something.

Up next: Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten, Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

"The years have not been kind to you, dirty old man. If you come quietly I will make sure you are not harmed... until your execution."
Esmerelda attempts to talk down Lamm as she walks closer to make the arrest. She casts a wary eye at the water...Can gators really be controlled?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

"Dwarf! You going to move out of the doorway so the rest of us can get in?"

Bump for Pagrip. :)


Caulder Baradin wrote:

"Dwarf! You going to move out of the doorway so the rest of us can get in?"

Bump for Pagrip. :)

It's not my fault the site was down. :)

Round 2, Initiative 14
AC 16; HP 3/8

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just making certain I don't get eaten." Pagrip moves carefully into the room, keeping an eye out for the crocodile.

Double move following the wall.


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

"Lamm!"

With trusty club in hand, Ten stormed into the room, quickly closing the distance between Lamm and himself. (double moved)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Round 2, Init 12

Caulder moves into the room, leaving the creaky gangway behind with gratitude but not happy about the big hole in the middle of the floor. He moves along the far edge after Ten, stopping where he still has a good view of the doorway Lamm is standing in and calls on Abadar for some protection. Move; cast shield of faith

AC 17; HP 11/11


DM rolls:

Based on order of entries in campaign site
Esmerelda = 1
Caulder = 2
Ten = 3
Pagrip = 4
1d4 ⇒ 4

Lamm looks worried, a frail bent old man, as he starts to close the door to his room. The waters below suddenly erupt again and the crocodile from before bounds up along the wood. Again Pagrip, his bleeding leg marking him as the easiest prey, suffers the assault of the beast - but the dwarf has just enough presence of mind to hug himself flat against the wall (an uncommon sight for a dwarf) and the teeth-lined jaw does not even nearly make it high enough.

Esmerelda pales as she sees the massive reptile crash upwards again, "Watch out!" she screams to Pagrip, but in her distraction fails to see the evil glint of opportunity in Lamm's eyes (the feint action from the prior round) and a small bolt erupts from his handcrossbow and lodges painfully in her neck. The door to Lamm's room then thoroughly closes.

Lamm, Attack Esmerelda 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 damage 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5
Gobbleguts, Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Up next: Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten, Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4


Round 3, Initiative 18
AC 16; HP 6/12, 1 nonlethal

"Argh. Still a dirty trickster. Lamm throw down your weapons and come out."

Esmerelda moves forward, ignoring the crocodile for now, attempts to open the door.

"Ten, go through and grab him."


Round 3, Initiative 14
AC 16; HP 3/8

Eyeing the crocodile warily, Pagrip carefully pulls out his crossbow and loads it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Caulder grins as Esmerelda pulls the tiny bolt out of her neck. "Personal assault on an officer of the Bank of Abadar," he calls across the water to her encouragingly. "I'm a witness. Great stuff! Keep it up."


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Round 3, Initiative 13
AC 16; HP 14

"You can't hide from me, Lamm!"

Ten opens the door (move action) and moves into a position to threaten Lamm. If Ten can still take an attack (only required a 5-foot step to get into position), he'll bash the old man over the head.

Strength to open door (if necessary) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Attack Lamm (if possible), two-handed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Club Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Esmerelda attempted to open the door on her turn, so unless it's locked or stuck, Ten ought to be able to move and attack. Caulder delays, pending anything Lamm or the crocodile do.


Lamm reels from Ten's powerful bludgeoning - but despite his very advanced age spits back in defiance.

Dirty Trick (blinding) vs Ten 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

But instead of hitting the eyes, as Lamm had hoped, the phlegm sploshes into Ten's face hitting his cheek. Trying to take advantage of the momentary distraction Lamm tries to slither his way past the brutish Varisian, but has no luck getting past Ten's monstrous form. "Calistria's Balls! Get out of my way!"

Tumble past Ten 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Lamm provokes from Ten

DM rolls:

Esmerelda = 1
Caulder = 2
Pagrip = 3
1d3 ⇒ 2

The massive crocodile turns around itself a few times - creating eddies in the water below - then launches itself up, this time managing to scramble its feet onto the planks and its jaws close with a tremendous finality on Caulder's knee - almost dislocating it immediately just from the impact. The jaw snaps down tightly, not letting go, and the whole body of the creature twists and turns in midair, nearly yanking the leg straight of the cleric - and both the creature and Caulder are dragged into the murky waters below as the forces of gravity take their toll.

Gobbleguts Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Gobbleguts Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Grab 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 deathroll 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Confirmation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Caulder takes 18 hp damage, loses consciousness and is dragged into the waters with the crocodile.


Up next: Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten, Caulder, Lamm, Gobbleguts


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Con check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

PRD wrote:
Unconscious characters must begin making Constitution checks immediately upon being submerged (or upon becoming unconscious if the character was conscious when submerged). Once she fails one of these checks, she immediately drops to –1 (or loses 1 additional hit point, if her total is below –1). On the following round, she drowns.

I'm assuming this is like poison -- make your initial roll when hit and the next roll on your initiative -- and it doesn't actually move his place in the initiative order.


Round 4, Initiative 14
AC 16; HP 3/8

"Caulder!" Pagrip cries out, raising his crossbow and firing into the water. "If he's dead, Lamm...!"

Not sure how well he can see the crocodile, so I'll throw in a miss chance roll in case there's concealment.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Critical confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Additional damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Oh, I really hope it doesn't have total concealment.


Human (Varisian) Alchemist 3

Round 4, Initiative 13
AC 16; HP 14

Ten could hear that Caulder was in trouble, but Lamm was right in front of him... Was there time to pull punches?

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
If Lamm is still standing, Ten will attempt an unarmed strike to knock him out. He just has a crossbow, right?
Unarmed Strike 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Damage 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4


Round 1, Initiative 18
AC 16; HP 6/12, 1 nonlethal

Esmerelda looks at Lamm, at the water that swallowed Caulder, back at Lamm.

"oh for..."

She turns runs along the wooden walkway and attempts to jump at where the crocodile disappeared, bringing the sword down in a massive arc hopefully hitting the croc.


Jump 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Miss chance? 1d100 ⇒ 34
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15


Esmerelda and Pagrip act almost in unison. The holy warrior arcs through the air, plunging down towards the water a scant few feet from where she jumped. The greatsword looks vastly oversized for the graceful figure that is Esmerelda, but she wields it firmly and almost effortlessly in her hands. As the blade descends a bolt barrels past Esmerelda, from the corner of her eyes - almost in slow motion - she sees the rictus facial expression of angst in Pagrip's face, a worry for a companion only met a scant hour ago. The bolt impacts into the back of the neck of the crocodile, penetrating nearly halfway the length of the bolt before it is halted by the thick reptilian hide - then the greatsword smashes down. Impossibly - perhaps guided by Abadar himself - the massive blade hits the bolt squarely on the back pushing it deeper and deeper with the force of the paladin's blow. Deep enough to severe the spine and kill the lumbering reptile.

Caulder is out, but mercifully floating on the surface. But the rapid decay of bubbles from his armor suggests that he wont stay there for long.

Ten ignores the struggles of his companions, he lashes out at the old man with his club, caving in his skull with a sickening thud. Lamm has no chance to even realize his death, his body slumps to the floor with an expression of vile incomprehension.

DC 10 swim check for Esmerelda to stay on top of the water; Fortitude check for Caulder to prevent drowning.

Up next: Esmerelda, Pagrip, Ten, Caulder


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Fortitude (DC 11) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
HP -8; 1 round to a watery grave


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4


Round 5, Initiative 18
AC 16; HP 6/12 1 nonlethal

Dropping her greatsword hopefully near the shore, Esmerelda starts swimming as fast as she can towards Caulders drifting body.

"Hold on Caulder!"


Swim 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

But finds the going too hard as she too goes down...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Everyone jump in! The water's fine! ;)


Correction, Esmerelda was on land - so didn't need a check, but to go save Caulder a check was needed, and Esme failed that one spectacularly.

Completely unprepared for the rapid drop in depth, Esmerelda plunges into the water and goes down like a rock. A sprush of bubbles sprays up from where she entered the water, but no other sign of her is apparent.


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

Holds breath. This is ridiculous...on the bright side...there are no spiders down here.


Round 5, Initiative 14
AC 16; HP 3/8

Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Pagrip drops his crossbow on the floor and then dives into the water after Caulder. Alas, he ends up with a face full of mud.


Esmerelda is sure she feels something chitinous rub passed her ankles for a moment or two. Pagrip runs around the walkway and manages to get himself close to Caulder - but his natural buoyancy fails him as the water proves more invasive than he expected and he coughs up muddy tasting murk.

All hangs on Ten's actions...


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4


Round 6, Initiative 18
AC 16; HP 6/12, nonlethal 1

Esmerelda pushes off the ground swimming as hard as she can towards where she thought Caulder was last seen floating...

Swim 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

But her foot gets stuck in the mud and she just can't get away.


Posting on Ten's behalf, he's having trouble getting online. Or doesn't trust his dice and wants the GM to kill Caulder ;P

With satisfaction Ten sees the slumped form of Lamm before him, the pounding bloodrush of his mutagen abates a tad - enough for him to realize that his new acquaintances were in trouble. Damn crocodile, why is it always crocodiles?

It takes him a moment to fully grasp the situation as he exits Lamm's little room - but then he's spurred to action, with running leaps he bounds along the planks and jumps close to the Abadarian priest. Without hesitation he simply does the right thing: lift the head of Caulder out of the water. The cleric looks grievously wounded, the lips appear a stark purple around the pale face. Ten cannot tell with certainty if the cleric would make it - until he spots a faint pulse in Caulder's neck. There is hope yet...

Acrobatics, jump 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Swim, aid Caulder 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22
Heal 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Consider combat over, taking 10 will be enough for everybody to get out; in Esmerelda's case, once Pagrip aids her. You welcome to assume you back on dry(ish) planks.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cleric 3

Stabilize 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 8 = 9


After getting Caulder out, it takes Ten a while to stop the blood that is hemorrhaging out of Caulder's busted leg. Things look bleak for the cleric, he's taken a greater beating than most men could survive but despite of it all is still breathing. Abadar's blessing must be upon the man.

Ten's Heal to Stabilize Caulder 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Ten's Heal to Stabilize Caulder 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Ten's Heal to Stabilize Caulder 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

I think that puts Caulder on -12, but stable.


Female Human (Varsian) Paladin 4

Dripping wet, Esmerelda collects her greatsword before she hoists herself back onto the planks.

"It's over? How is Caulder? Ten, Pagrip, you two alive?"

Spotting the battered body of Lamm, she walks over and hesitates before reaching down and checking for a pulse.

Heal 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Dead. Well, he finally got his justice. This is the last time you will be leaving a scar on me, Lamm. Or anyone else for that matter."

251 to 300 of 1,884 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Crimson Throne of Lore All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.