Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


CrazyHedgehog's Serpent Skull

Game Master CrazyHedgehog

Taking part in the Serpent's Skull Adventure Path, PbP style.


251 to 300 of 1,318 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Round 1
Yekskya plucks an arrow from his quiver and draws his bow, sending the arrow lancing toward the nearest creature.
Attack (Composite Longbow, Deadly Aim) 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15
Damage (Composite Longbow, Deadly Aim) 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Status:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 13/13
Weapon Equipped Longbow, Comp. (Str +2) +5 (1d8+2/20/x3)


"What in the Nine Hells are those things, Grym? Seeing two of the creatures make their way over to us, looking none too friendly, my hands move in a blur, retrieving my bow, nocking an arrow and drawing a bead on one of the flying creatures. "On second thought, never mind. Time to teach these flying lizards it ain't polite to just crowd us without being invited to the party." With the last words still hanging in the air, I let go of the arrow, sending it towards the avian predator closest to me.
Unfortunately, my speed of action does not much to improve my aim and the arrow flies harmlessly past the monster.


Attack: Shortbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Current hp: 10/10
AC: 16


Round 1 Initiative 15

Slicingsong readies his spear. If one of the creatures comes close he'll try to stab it and bring it down.

Readied attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Qadira

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

-----

Round One

Not liking the look of these scaly fliers, Rowena and Yekskya each draw their bows and take a shot. Rowena's shot is wide of the mark, but Yekskya's arrow manages to pierce one of the creatures in the chest and it falls from the sky, tumbling to the beach not far from you.

The other creature threatening you swoops down and attempts to bite Yekskya as it flies over your heads. Though it passes close enough to almost knock him off his feet, Yekskya manages to dodge the creature and Slicingsong, prepared for just such an attack, stabs the thing as it passes. The wound is deep and it nearly plows into you as it crashes onto the sand. The remaining creature, watching the demise of its companions, now wheels dizzily over your heads, protecting with loud squawks. It also seems to be trying to spatter you with something foul. It seems to be trying to push you away from the cliffs.

The two downed pterosaurs are dying, and the third is 20ft above your heads. Sorry Slice, you've had no luck in identifying the creatures either.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Round 2

Can retcon if someone else takes it down.
"Most likely a nest up on the cliffs. Those eggs might feed our camp, but I'm going to try to bring the last one down so they don't knock us off going for it."
Attack (Composite Longbow, Deadly Aim, Point Blank) 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 19
Damage (Composite Longbow, Deadly Aim, Point Blank) 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12

Status:

AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 13/13
Weapon Equipped Longbow, Comp. (Str +2) +5 (1d8+2/20/x3)


Zag eyes the creatures carefully and strikes out with his shortspear at the closest one, or readies an attack to strike at any that come in reach, whichever is applicable.

Shortspear:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Also, if he gets another attempt now that we are closer and can see the creatures more clearly, Zag will try to identify them again (I don't think knowledge checks usually allow retries, so it's cool if not):

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Qadira

While the last remaining creature harasses your party, Zaghigoth readies his own spear in case it comes close enough to attack. At the same time, he racks his brains trying to identify it. From descriptions you've come across in the past, you think it may be some sort of pterosaur, but it's just a guess.

End or round 1 actions.

Qadira

Round 2
Yekskya takes aim at the hovering creature, and again with an expert shot manages to take it down. The creature drops to earth, making a racket with its dying cries.

Scratch three pterosaurs! What you all want to do now?


"Hm, dinosaurs of some sort. Very territorial, but survival of the fittest has favored us, I say." Zag moves over to the corpses to see if there is any salvageable meat on the creatures.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

(These 3s will be the end of me)

Qadira

Zaghigoth Stormbile wrote:

Survival: 1d20 + 10

(These 3s will be the end of me)

Frustrating, I know, think of it as you're just getting all the bad rolls out of the way before the really important things come up.

Each Survival check for finding food equates to four hours spent foraging and scavenging. So you could spend another four hours which would allow you to make the other Survival check. This would include time spent scavenging meat off the pterosaurs, and would take you into the afternoon.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

I think that's a good plan for the afternoon (and then return to camp). Are we close to exploring the entire tip or would there still be more?

Yekskya helps Zag with cleaning any meat off the pterosaurs.
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Once complete he wonders, "Worth seeing if they have any eggs up there? That might provide us with some food as well."


CrazyHedgehog wrote:
Frustrating, I know, think of it as you're just getting all the bad rolls out of the way before the really important things come up.

Oh, don't worry, I am not sour about it. Came from more of a humorous place than a frustrated one.

"A good thought, I say." Zag looks up into the trees and squints. "I'm not...hm, much of a climber, even out of this armor. Perhaps Grym or Slicingsong would fare better. Or Cat, ha! Cats are quite good at climbing, I say.


Slicingsong takes off his chainshirt and stretches his muscles. "I'll try the climb. Watch my back."

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Qadira

You manage to get quite a bit of meat off the creatures, enough in fact that it should feed the whole group along with some to spare.

As Yekskya and Zaghigoth work to strip the carcasses, Slicingsong has a attempt at climbign the cliff face to reach the nests at the top. Unfortunately, there seems to be some difficulty finding a good ledge to get started, and he makes no progress, so far.

The DC for climbing the cliff is 15, no progress this round. You could however try taking 10 or 20.


A sardonic smile plays around the corners of my mouth as I hear Zag mentions cats being good at climbing. "Right you are Zag. Watch this Cat show you how it's done. Eggs might make a useful addition to our food supply. Watch my armor, will ya?"

Taking of my studded leather, I cast a look at the cliffside, imagining the best route for climbing up. Then, in a flash I am moving upwards, my hands and feet easily finding purchase on the rough stone.


Climb check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Nice roll. Had another post typed up, but when I saw that roll, I just had to ply it like I knew what I was doing ;-)

Qadira

With finesse, Rowena bounds up the cliff, past Slicingsong, finding hand holds where there didn't appear to be any, finally clawing her way to the top. It's obvious she has done this before!

At the top, Rowena finds two large nests. One appears to be empty apart from some regurgitated bones. The other however holds three round eggs, each as large as your hand.

Well done, guys. You're currently at the very tip of the island, continuing on down either along the coast or back into the jungle would take you back near your camp. I'll try to put up an updated map of the island showing what you've discovered so far in the next post.


Slicingsong gets back to the beach in a clumsy sort of half-climb-half slide way. "You do climb your namesake, Cat." She shrugs back into his chain shirt and carries his share of the freshly butchered meat, wrapping in in large leaves to reduce the mess in his pack.

"We should take this to our companions and make camp for the night. We can discuss with them how to proceed towards the lighthouse in the south."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Wow, I'm impressed. Looks like we have our designated climber." says Yekskya with a smile. [b]"Now the only trick is bringing those eggs back down safely. Do you have anything to wrap them in?"

And when Slicingsong discusses the next plans, "That sounds good to me. Hopefully this harvest will help them see there is hope on this island. And hopefully that lighthouse will give us a way off the island."


"You give no shame to leopards or bobcats by taking that name, Cat, I say." Zag allows Shiv to eat a bit of the meat he stripped from the dinosaur and scratches his scaly head. "Good to check on the rest, yes. Their...hm...inabilities are worrisome."

Qadira

Having parceled up the dinosaur meat and retrieved the eggs, you retrace your steps back to camp without incident, though the afternoon heat saps at your strength.

On your arrival back at camp the others are happy to see you return, and with food. Faey makes a great fuss over the meat that you have brought back, explaining that she and some of the others had been foraging round about the camp, but with little success. Sasha Nevah in particular is interested by your account of your encounter with the flying dinosaurs, exclaiming earnestly that they sound like they would make a good pet.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"It is good to see you all in better spirits. We've explored most of the north end of the island. Tomorrow, we begin to make our way south. We will have to decide if we're going to leave the camp here or move it as we move. Perhaps we can give you all some pointers on hunting tonight."

To Sasha he adds, "So you would raise one of these creatures as our friend Zag is raising Shiv? Interesting. None of us knew much about these creatures. Do you?"

Qadira

DM rolls:

1d3 ⇒ 3
1d100 ⇒ 55
1d100 ⇒ 53
1d100 ⇒ 18
1d100 ⇒ 72
PCs
1d100 ⇒ 40
1d100 ⇒ 50
1d100 ⇒ 98
1d100 ⇒ 28
1d100 ⇒ 42
NPCs
1d100 ⇒ 96
1d100 ⇒ 20
1d100 ⇒ 9
1d100 ⇒ 88
1d100 ⇒ 95
1d100 ⇒ 37

Morale
Aerys - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6
Gelik - 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Ishirou - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6
Sasha - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 14

-------

Speaking to Yekskya, Sasha Nevah exclaims with a glint in her eye, "No, don't know anything about those animals. But they sound fascinating. Imagine if you could tame one, bend it to your will. Maybel I'll have to keep an eye out for these flying monsters."

Feel free to role-play any more conversations while at camp, but to move things on I'll forward it to the next day. Unless you feel differently, I'll assume a watch system along the lines of what was proposed the first evenign on the island.

Rowena helps cook up some of the meat brought back to camp over the fire, and the recovered eggs prove to be a delicacy. As you eat, Faey mentions that some improvements could be made to the camp to make it more secure from jungle creatures and even more importantly the bugs; however, it would take a bit of time and effort, even with the tools found on the Jenivere . You all discuss things back and forth for a bit, then, exhausted, you turn in for the night.

Rising the next morning, you are all pleased to find no snakes or other creatures waiting to pounce on you. This morning, it looks as if Yekskya hasn't had a good night, looking groggy and grouchy.

Yekskya:
During the night, you have a dream in which you're sitting down in the galley aboard the Jenivere , getting ready for your meal. The ship's cook has given you a steaming bowl of soup, but you drop your spoon. You see that the deck below is covered with seawater up to your ankles, and your dropped spoon has sunk into the water and washed out to sea through a hole. You're forced to lift your delicious bowl of soup (you know if will be delicious because Cat helped to prepare it) to your lips and drink it. But something big goes into your mouth as you do so, and you feel a sharp bite on your tongue. You drop the bowl, only to reveal a serpent that had hidden in your soup now dangles from your tongue as it chews furiously. You start awake, biting your own tongue in an attempt to bite through the snake's body.

A few of your fellow survivors also appear to have slept badly. Ishirou wakes with a panicked look in his eye, desperate to get off the island. He heads down to the beach and spends most of the early morning scanning the horizon for ships, a wild look coming into his eyes whenever someone attempts to speak to him. Meanwhile, Gelik appears to be unwell, a bright red rash on his cheeks and chest. "I think it was the mosquitoes," the gnome moans. "They were all over me last night.

Updated map of the island


Zag smiles awkwardly at Sasha as she talks about getting a pet dinosaur. "Some beasts can be broken, true... dogs or horses, but beasts of the wilds are...hm, different. The only true way to master such creatures is through a druidric or similar bond, I say. Other than that, I see only danger for you. And the beast. Such powers can be taught, though, I say. I learned them myself."

(Next day)

"Hm, if this is so Gelik, we should look for a way to keep such things at bay, as we spoke of last night. Mosquitoes can carry plague. I should take a look."

Heal check on Gelik:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Before bed:

"An excellently prepared meal! Perhaps a Tchamek song of your people before we rest? The songs of my people seem to make poor entertainment for Tchamek and my specialty is funeral dirges anyway. I learned this in the Shackles. I think of it only because I find myself missing bread considerably. Meat is good, but the yeasty Tchamek bread or the flat bread of my people is something I find myself wishing for."

Well I'm sure you're near, and I can almost smell you,
But the winds are up at the walls again.
I can hear you coming-Heaven helped you coming-
I believe in heaven it's a way away.

Did you learn just how I've missed you?
Did you see how far I've been?
Would you meet me in an hour?
I could tell you what I've seen... what I've seen

Cold Bread... Cold Bread... we had.

Put your wine in water, pull your chips back in
I saw you crawl like a crab across Black Friar's bridge
Suffer naught to fate, hit the homeward road,
I'm a bowling green, I'm a livery boy

Have a heart that skips a beat
Oh, come on! Roll along for free
In the middle of the morning.
Swap your drinking nights with me... with me.

Cold Bread... Cold Bread... we had.
Cold Bread... Cold Bread... we had.

I can live dying, I can chew my bit,
And play pander to my senses and hijack my head
Eat the rhythm of moving and a rolling and a rattle.
It's a giving instead, it's a well sprung bed,
We can roll around forever,
We can pray for all we've been,
We can knock it hell for leather
We can call it all a dream... all a dream

Cold Bread... Cold Bread... we had.
Cold Bread... Cold Bread... we had.

----------

Next morning:

"If you are all well enough to travel, I think we should all proceed south. We'll follow the coast line until to starts to curve west for a bit and then go inland and see if this brown line is truly a road."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I agree with starting out way south. Your plan to work the coast and then see about a road works for me."


At the nesting site:
A slight blush shows my confidence being at least partially bluster, which fortunately paid off well. "Thanks guys. Told you I could do it." Poking Slicingsong in the ribs, I smile as I say: "Did you pay attention? I expect you to do just as well next time."

Back at the campsite:
"Come on people, any of you got some cooking skills? or is it going to be us pulling all the weight around here? If you can't cook or anything else requiring some skill, please go collect wood for the fire and clean up this place. No free-loading for any of us."
Once dinner has been prepared and eaten, I lean back, using my backpack for support, while Slicingsong sings an ode to bread. "Indeed. South it is, coast before going inland. That way we might find more stuff of grounded vessels that could be of use. No telling how long we will be stuck here. For now, I suggest we stick to last night's guard duty schedule."

Qadira

Sorry, had posted last night but for some reason I can't seem to see it here. I'll try to recreate the post if I can.

Zaghigoth spends some time examining Gelik, and determines that the gnome has contracted Red Ache, indeed perhaps from the mosquitoes or any of the myriad biting insects that seem to be everywhere on this island. In addition to the scarlet rash on his face, it attacks the muscles, sapping one's strength. Jask offers to cast a healing spell on Gelik once his has had some time to pray and gather spells.

Around the camp, with talk of moving the entire camp south meets with some grumbling from the other castaways. Jask argues that Gelik is in no shape to move himself, while Ishirou seems reluctant to leave the site of the wreck, incase other ships pass by the same beach. Sasha Nevah seems more preoccupied with plans for tracking down one of those pterosaurs, and in her words doesn't appreciate being ordered about. And throughout the mornign you notice that Aerys Movato's hands become more pale and begin to shake.


Zag nods to Jask when he mentions trying to heal Gelik. "Shout if you need help, I say. I am learned in such arts as well."

He then moves to talk more privately with Cat, Slicingsong, Yekskya, and Grym. "I am perhaps thinking that...hm, moving camp would not be good. Afflictions are at some of them already and travel will not help. They would only slow us down and make things more dangerous for us and them, I say...We are all healthy and capable, I say. Let us do the ranging. Their sour attitudes will not...hm...do us any favors, either. If they want to remain here...well, that is their path, I say."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I agree with you Zag. Today will not make a large difference one way or the other. It will cut down a little on how far we can range since we will need to circle back. Eventually, we will have to move the camp, but with at least two ill, we can wait another day? Can anyone look at Aerys to see what is wrong, I'm going to see about talking to Sasha before we head out."

Yekskya walks over to talk with Sasha, "We're not trying to order you Sasha. Indeed, we could use your assistance with helping to organize the camp if you are willing. And, do you seek an egg or a full grown creature?"


"Aye, I can look to...hm, Aerys. Could be a shaking sickness of some sort..." Zag goes over to the half-elf cautiously, managing an awkward half-smile as he does. "Your hands...could be an affliction, I say. Gelik has one. I could...hm...do you feel unwell? I could check for signs."


My temper immediately flares as Sasha mentions being ordered about and my hackles rise, but before I can explode, Yekskya is the voice of reason and his hand on my arm calms me down sufficiently to keep my temper in check. Muttering under my breath, it doesn't take a careful listener to gauge my opinion of the other survivors.

Qadira

Yekskya and Rowena approach Sasha Nevah as she checks sits on a rock, checking her weapons. Every few moments she checks the skies, perhaps expecting to see a flying dinosaur at any moment. Approaching from behind, you get a clear glimpse of the tattoo between her shoulder blades, usually obscured by her tousled red hair. The tattoo is of two crossed red mantis claws, and as the woman checks the tip of a kukri, you notice perhaps for the first time that she is missing the tip of a pinky finger.

At your approach, Sasha continues to check her gear. "Where did yo say you saw those nests? Perhaps there's a good chance more will fly over this way. If so, I'm thinking it might be possible to track them back to their nest. A youngling would be best to train from wild, I would think, maybe an egg if I can figure out how to hatch it. That would be a challenge."

Sasha continues: "I don't know why you spend so much time with those others, trying to get them to do things. Here it's everyone for themselves. Survival of the fittest, I say. This island is the perfect example of that. There'll be some way off this place, I'm sure, in the meantime it'll be an adventure. Why help? I'd prefer to be wild and free."

------

Meanwhile, Zaghigoth approaches Aerys. She is sitting on her own, apparently reading something. You notice that the athletic half-elf is quite beautiful, but seems to downplay her beauty. When she sees you approach, she shoves what she's reading into a pocket of her tight-fitting leathers. "It's alright, you don't need to examine me, I'll be fine" she says tersely. Then, perhaps realizing she has spoken harshly, she rephrases her words. "Look, I'll be ok. If you really want to help, I wouldn't mind a drink of something that's got a kick. You have anything? Rum? Whisky? It might help take our minds off this place."

Feel free to make Diplomacy checks if you like.


Zaghigoth frowns and shakes his head. "No, I...uh..hm...only water...but as much of it as we need. But..ah, come to think of it...I think we found some brandy or some such on the wreck...it should be lying around here...but it is wiser to keep hydrated with clean water, I say."

Overhearing Sasha, Zag glances at her and frowns a bit, not particularly liking the idea of her capturing a dinosaur. He opens his mouth to speak, but only ends up clearing his throat before closing it again. After looking ponderous for a moment, he hesitantly begins again, not wanting to cause any unrest. "Ah...Sasha, if you must have one of these flying dinosaurs...ah, I, hm, hope you will let me assist in rearing it...and teach you how to care for it. I, ah...wouldn't want to see you lose a finger, nor any harm come to the creature, I say.

Diplomacy (Aerys): 1d20 ⇒ 5
Diplomacy (Sasha): 1d20 ⇒ 11


"Mmmh. Curious. Isn't that the symbol of the 'Red Mantis' assassins? If I'm correct, I'm not sure what that'll mean for the future. If it is true, I'm afraid we can't trust her. Better keep a close eye on her. And better warn the others.
Not yet sure what to make of this new development, I point to Sasha's tattoo while gesturing to Yekskya to keep quiet about it for now.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Terribly afraid Diplomacy is not the strong suit for this group...

"So Sasha, why don't you try hatching one of the eggs we found at the nest and perhaps Zag can help you with it. We'll keep an eye out for a young one too on our way, but the eggs may be easiest."
Diplomacy to assist 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7


"Gelik cannot weigh much. Perhaps I can carry him a ways. Even if we only get in a few miles, any distance closer to the lighthouse is a distance we needn't travel before possibly sighting a ship. What if one passes a day before we get there because of this delay?"

Qadira

Conversation with Aerys: At the mention of water, Aerys nods, despondently. "Yeah, water would probably do me some good just now."

Conversation with Sasha: The strong-willed woman thanks you for your offers to help with obtaining and training a flying dinosaur, but she doesn't seem quite convinced. You sense that perhaps only after the fact will she have some faith in your efforts to keep the group alive and get off the island.

Slicingsong: Gelik indeed doesn't weigh that much. At the mention of carrying him, the gnome starts to protest, but can't quite seem to summon the strength to, and drifts away to sleep.

Aren't NPC interactions great? :) Someone's bound to get a 20 in Diplomacy eventually.


Overhearing the conversation with Aerys, Slicingsong approaches. "You have a weakness for drink? It is not unknown among my people. I cannot make anything stronger than beer, but if we can make progress each day, I think I can provide you with a pint each evening, so long as Zag can provide me with the water."

Enhance Water has a reason to exist! So there's a little incentive for one of our party to get her butt in gear.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Ha! You didn't know how right you were, CH!


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Nice roll there Slicingsong!
"Very well, Sasha. We shall keep our eyes open for hatchlings while we move forth today. Perhaps you will have success with an egg."


With Aerys - Zag nods to Slicingsong's suggestion. "I can do this thing." He waves his holly and mistletoe over an empty waterskin and casts create water and hands it off to the bard.

With Sasha - Zag wanders off from Sasha, grumbling in druidric about her being as stubborn as a boar. He goes over to the shade of a tree and kneels down to scratch Shiv's scaly head and give him a nibble of meat. He smiles at the creature in a way much less awkward than those he gives to the other survivors. "I understand you better, I say." He then sits against the tree and looks up, watching the sky for a bit with a complacent grin on his face.


Once we have moved away from the others, sitting closely together around the fire, I cast a wary look at the other survivors to make sure they are all together with nobody listening in on us, before telling the others what I have observed concerning Sasha. In a low voice, I explain what I have seen and my thoughts on the matter: "She's got this tattoo between her shoulder blades of two crossed red mantis claws. I think she may be a member of that nasty bunch. Now I don't know about you guys, but from what I've heard about the Red Mantis, I think we'd better be very careful around her. They are an assassin's guild and I believe we'd best keep an eye on her. No telling why she's here. Maybe nothing, maybe a lot going on that we don't know about. Yet. But I'll definitely be sleep with my weapons close at hand."


"Hm...I do not know of this Red Mantis, but if it is as you say...there, ah, could be trouble. Mantises are known to devour their own kind. Still, if she wanted to kill any of us, she has had the chance, I say. Killing us won't get her off the island any faster...though she seems reckless, which isn't helping us much, I say."


"I cannot help but agree with Zag. If she is smart, she'll understand that her chances of reaching the lighthouse and help are far greater with us than without us. Still, the practice of one of us taking watch with one of the others is good. We will likely not be caught unawres if she plans treachery. But we'll leave that for tonight. Let us try to cover some ground today.

So saying, Slicingsong gently lifts the ill gnome into his arms. "Aerys, you will have your drink when we make camp tonight. Lets cross some ground."

Qadira

Posted this last night but the website went down and I lost it all. Hopefully second time around this post will stick.

Aerys Mavato seems genuinely touched that Zaghigoth and Slicingsong would attempt to produce alcohol to help her out. "I used to not think it was a problem, but it's just since we've been stuck here on this island that I've realized that I've really been using it as a crutch. As it happens, I would like to overcome the need for it, I always thought I was stronger than this. Have any of you happened to come across any viper nettle plants while you were looking around the island? When I was growing up I remember people saying that the berries were helpful for people trying to shrug off dependence on drink. And, let me know if you need someone to guard the camp or look after the others."

Well rolled and rp'ed, Aerys has become a lot more friendly with you.

Sasha Nevah is likewise pleased with promises to acquire one of the strange flying reptiles. She saunters off into the jungle, promising not to wander far from the camp.

In the morning, once the party is ready to go, you strike off from your camp, heading south. To begin with, you move through the jungle but within sight of the shore, and the ground soon rises up into a ridge looking far down to the beach. After a couple of hours making your way through the clinging brush and biting insects, you find yourselves at a viewpoint near the edge of the ridge with the ocean spread out before you. Gulls glide overhead, and a handful of small islets sit not far offshore. And on the largest, nearest islet, you think you can see - is that the wreck of a ship? You spend a few minutes trying to make out details, when a shrill screech rends the air. Further south, one of the winged reptiles wheels in the air, scattering the smaller birds.

Not sure if I completely understood: are you bringing the NPCs with you to set up a new camp, or are they remaining at the old camp?


I believe that was the decision.

At Aerys's mention of the berries, Zag tries to conjure up an image of the viper nettle plant in his mind, or any information on them, such as where they might be found.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

At the discussion of the Red Mantis, Yekskya shares, "Yes, I lived on the island where they make their home for some time. If i'm not mistaken Sasha also got on board there. They're a bad sort. But perhaps her story is a complicated one."

"I'm not sure I'm familiar with these nettles, but we shall definitely watch for them as we explore."
Not sure if Survival works or only Knowledge (Nature), but...
[ooc[Survival[/ooc] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

I think we definitely wanted to move the camp, but were running into some resistance. Not sure if we overcame that with our work on Sasha and Aerys.


Know: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"We will be on the lookout for this plant. But in the meantime, you should try to have some alcohol in the evening. The shaking and sickness can get very bad."

Definitely hoping to move the camp. I figured that no matter what the other NPC's preferred, if we all left and took Gellik and Aerys with us, they'd come around.

Qadira

Knowledge-nature:
Zag, Slice, and Yekskya: you are all somewhat familiar with viper nettle. Though not found plentifully, the plant is known to grow in these tropical latitudes, so there is a good possibility that you might find some growing on the Shiv. The plant does indeed have small russet berries, and you believe you'd be able to recognize the plant if you came across it.

DM rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

No problem, with much cajoling you are able to get your fellow survivors to travel with you. Grym can carry Gelik, and Faey and Jask offer to spend time hunting and foraging as you go. Ishirou and Aerys more or less travel with the group, while Sasha comes and goes, following her own path. Fancy either checking out the wreck or the pterosaur? Or keep moving? The ship will involve some swimming to reach the smaller island.


"That ship on the island there...good to explore it, I say. It could be Jask's Brine Demon...and I am in no hurry to help Sasha with her scheme."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I agree, let's check out the wreck." Yekskya heads out and stows his bow once it is time to swim to the island. If it appears to be a challenging swim, he will remove his armor giving a +2
Swim check (if needed) 1d20 ⇒ 10

251 to 300 of 1,318 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1 - Souls for Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.