Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

CrazyHedgehog's Serpent Skull

Game Master CrazyHedgehog

Taking part in the Serpent's Skull Adventure Path, PbP style.


51 to 100 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

With the unknown man taking care of the last of the monsters, I let out a sigh of relief before bending down and extending a hand to help Sasha get up. Turning around, I walk towards the stranger, rapier dripping green ichor still in hand. "Hail and well met, stranger. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. Allow me to introduce myself. Rowena Thennemen. And you are?"

Scooping up a handful of sand from the beach, I use it to wipe the blade of my rapier clean. Despite the stranger's help against the sea creatures, I am reluctant to put back my blade into its scabbard, the unexpected situation in which we find ourselves not designed to make me overly trusting of strangers.


"I am Slicingsong. Is anyone injured? In the wilderness any cut can fester and threaten life. Now is not the time to be proud, tchamek."


Zaghigoth takes a surprised half-step back as the spear destroys the final creature, clears his throat, and takes a knee next to Yekskya, attempting to wake him gently. He looks up to the two speakers.

"Zaghigoth Stormbile," he says with a bit of uncertainty in his voice. "Or just Zag. If you like. The spearman speaks true of wounds, I say. I have skills in healing, both magical and plain, for any who ail." Zag then looks down at Yekskya and checks him for any serious injury as he rouses him.

Thinking, he looks up again and adds, to Slicingsong, "Do you make this island your home? I saw you came from the woods, and I do not remember you from the ship."

Heal check for Yekskya:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


"I, too, was on the Jenivere, though you did not see me. This island is as strange to me as it is to you.


"Oh..I see." The half-orc was obviously not expecting that answer. "You...have my thanks, for striking down that, ah, eurypterid. I feel as hardy as a trembling sapling without my armor. Row..ena, and, ah, Sasha? Are you well? Do you...hm.. require mending?"


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Cough...cough...gak!" Yekskya stirs on the beach, moving head and shoulders with a low moan. He rolls to his side and raises himself to his knees before coughing again and then throwing up seawater on the beach. "Ooooh, did I get run down by an elephant? Where are we?"


"I do not know where we are but I think I know how we got here. I overheard the captain and his mate talk. The captain had purposefully set us off course. But I do not know why he would do this thing."

As no one has asked for healing, and now knowing Zag can offer it to any that decide to speak up, Slicingsong looks along the beach for any wreckage from the ship they could use, or failing that, driftwood which could be used to start a fire or build a shelter.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


"The captain? Hm... I am wondering how we got here...to this beach. Wind and wave are not so...convenient, as to send this many of us to the same spot. With weapons and armor, at that. Did you help us?"

As Zag speaks he moved around, working on rousing anyone else who is still asleep, or otherwise checking to see if they are alive.


"It was all I could do to keep myself alive. You had no help from me. And I did not end up particularly close to you. But I heard the woman yell and I hurried to lend aid."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Yekskya looks wildly about the beach. "The crate I was guarding? Do any of you see it? And what of the ship?"

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


"Crate?" Zaghigoth shakes his head solemnly. "My first glance says no. The ocean is a wild beast. It could be anywhere. Seem to have all of our personal things...fortunate, I say. Thanks be to the spirits for that."

"It is good you found us...hm..Slicingsong, you said? We will survive better together, I say. I am no stranger to the wilds. I can provide us food and water if needed...I am in agreement, too, that we look for the ship. There could be more supplies, if the sea has not eaten them."


Sheathing my rapier, I turn towards Zaghigoth: "You're right, Zag. I do need this wound here looked at. Normally I wouldn't mind such a minor scratch, but since it looks like we're marooned here I prefer to be in peak condition. Don't think that overgrown shrimp has poisoned me, unlike that piece of crap captain, but I don't want that wound in my foot to get infected."
Sitting down, I take off my boot and let the half-orc inspect and take care of the wound. "I don't think that, Euryptid you called it, Zag? I don't think it got to Sasha. Or did it, Sasha?"

As Yekskya mentions a crate he was guarding, I realize that the trade goods that I was bringing to Sargava are nowhere in sight. Anger flaring, I slap my fist in my open hand: "That damned crook! In Caiden's name. How am I going to explain this to my parents? That bastard took all the goods I was to use to set up shop in Sargava." Pausing to take a deep breath, a smile suddenly breaks through my angry countenance as realization dawns on me and my happy-go-lucky nature asserts itself again: "Of course. No need to explain it. They chose the ship and by extension the captain. So, I'm not to blame. Good. That's settled. Now, let's see what we have and what we need. I'm not very knowledgeable about nature or the wilderness, but I am willing to learn. And I am fairly handy with a blade. Or two. Zag, you're no stranger to the wild you said? And Slicingsong, you seem to know how to survive in the wilds as well. What about the rest of us? Anyone else got some useful skills?"

Looking around at the people gathered on the beach, I wait for them to put forward how they can be of use, mentally dividing them into survivors and sheeple. "Oh, and by the way, my friends call me Rowena or Cat."


Zag kneels down to take a look at Rowena's wound, inspecting it with a focused look.

"No, no stranger. Spent much of my life in the wilderness..was taught much of it. Given time, should be able to call a native beast to help. I know of healing. Plants. Beasts. How to scrape by with little."

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Also, Knowledge (Nature) to see if the euryptids are safe to eat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

Need to finalise Grym's character sheet which I should have done today. Feel free to introduce him wherever is convenient, CH.

Qadira

Slicingsong rushes along the beach, throwing his totem spear and impaling the remaining eurypterid. He runs up and stabs it a few times to make certain it doesn’t escape. Everyone is a bit surprised to see him, especially as he came bursting out of the jungle a few yards from the waterline.

With the threat ended, you are able to take some time tending to the others. Yekskya and the other unconscious passengers come to – though everyone is still feeling a bit nauseous and dizzy, the effects are wearing off. (You no longer have the sickened condition.) Taking stock, you notice that most of the passengers have made it to the beach. Ieana the scholar and Grym the trapper seem to be missing, as are all of the crew. The half-elven woman, Aerys Mavato, asks “What’s going on? How did we get here? Last thing I remember was sitting down to dinner.” The human woman, Sasha, has grabbed her rapier from the pile of gear and continues to dance about, looking for more creatures. Gelik, the gnome, seems to be looking to you for guidance, while the Tian man, Ishirou, grumps about checking his gear. Finally, a dark-skinned man with hand bound in manacles that you assume could only be the prisoner Jask Derindi, sits apart, glowering at everyone while pulling at his bonds.

To the north you also notice the Jenivere, or what’s left of her, listing hard to port and leaning against a sea cliff on some very jagged rocks. Her hull is a gaping ruin. You don’t see any signs of activity, but you wonder what cargo may have survived.

Finally, looking south you can see a figure not far away, clinging to some sea rocks just offshore. It looks like Grym, who appears unconscious, his body being pounded by the surf. You don’t know how he’s managed to cling onto the rocks.

Introducing, Grym…

Slicingsong:
Slicingsong makes a point of looking around. There doesn’t seem to be much driftwood or wreckage about, just enough to help start a fire. However, you do notice tracks leading up from the beach to where the others were. It looks as if a boat was beached, probably several times, and everyone’s bodies and gear were pulled up on the beach. From the footprints, you think perhaps all of this was done by one person.

Zaghigoth:
Your efforts to check Rowena and Yekskya help them to feel better. As you examine the eurypterid carcasses, you can’t tell whether they might be edible. However, they look a bit like giant lobsters, maybe they would taste the same? Try making a Survival check to see how much edible meat you can glean off the dead things.

Grym’s Story:
Though Grym boarded at Magnimar, he hasn’t had much opportunity to mingle with the other passengers and crew, as throughout the voyage the half-orc has struggled with recurring bouts of seasickness. Who knew that sea travel could be so rough? You’re vaguely aware of someone slipping a bowl of soup into your cabin the last night – it may have been Terillo, you’re not sure. You try a bit, however as you’re still feeling rough you set it aside again. Later on, as you lie lank and drowsy on your cot, you notice that it’s gone very silent on deck. Then, combat! You lurch to your feet, grab your gear, and head out of the cabin. You don’t get very far however, as the ship suddenly lurches, making a terrible grinding sound as it strikes something hard. Part of the hull next to you rips away, and you with it, the sea reaching up to grab you…


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Yekskya looks up at Aerys, "I fear my own memories lapse only slightly after. I remember going up for a round of sparring and then...nothing." Yekskya looks around the beach, considering the situation. "Judging by the look of the wreck, we may be here a while. Zaghigoth, let me see if I can help you with gathering meat from those creatures, but next, perhaps we should turn our attention to the Jenivere and see if we can recover any supplies." And, I can see if my crate is still on board.


As my gaze sweeps across the beach and out over the water, I notice the Jenivere stranded on the reef, filing the fact away for later reference. Suddenly, something catches my attention. A figure clinging to the rocks, precariously close to slipping off. "Dammit. Our seasick half-orc is about to drown. Anyone beside me able to swim? We need to get him before he is swept away and drowns. Come on, move it. And someone please keep an eye out for more of those damned shrimp. Last thing we need is one or more of those screwing with a rescue mission."

Casting a quick glance at my gear, more or less neatly piled up, I drop my cloak over it before quickly running towards the point where the swim to rescue Grym will be the shortest. Diving into the water, I swim towards the rocks, hoping I will reach the half-orc in time."Cayden Cailean, please grant that I won't be too late. From the few words I have exchanged with him, he seems to be a wilderness warrior. I have a feeling we are going to need him to survive on this island. And if we do need him, we are going to need him badly."


Evidencing my talent to state the obvious ;-)
I'm using italics to denote thoughts as opposed to normal script for speech


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

Grym stirs slowly, the gentle lifting of the ocean waking him. It takes him a few moments to realise that he's no longer on the boat. With a start, he looks up from his precarious position. He notices someone swimming towards him and clings to the rocks all the tighter.

"Hold," he croaks, estimating the effort it will take to reach the beach, "I can swim well enough."

Swim towards the beach: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Let me know how many checks I need to make. I'll assume that Grum makes it and carry on.

"Thanks for swimming out there," Grym rumbles to Cat as he shakes some of the water from his clothing, "I've never seen the ocean before this trip and I'm beginning to hate it."

Looking up and down the beach, he takes in the corpses of the creatures the group has already fought and the small pile of gear. Patting himself down, he is relieved to find that all of his gear appears to be with him although his bow would likely need some inspection; sea water wasn't likely to be kind of the bowstring.

"So, it appears that we're ship-wrecked," Grym recalled that he'd overheard some of the sailors speaking about the perils of travel over the waves, "Do we know who survived?"


"Before I traveled to Port Peril I had only seen water deeper than my waist twice. Pull me back once I have the other survivor. " With that he ties a hempen rope around his waist and hands the other end to the others and takes off after Rowena.

swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Edit: Was posting from mobile so I started before Grym posted. I guess only use the above if needed.


Zag nods to Yekskya. "Meat can wait, I say. Carcasses will still be here... the ocean might have other plans for the salvage. Good to see what we can get."

As Zag goes to the pile of gear and starts donning his armor and reclaiming his equipment (breathing a sigh of relief when he finds both his shield and that his holly and mistletoe is still affixed to his spear), he notices Grym coming up on the beach. He shows a somewhat obvious expression of surprise and excitement at seeing another half-orc, and gives him an awkward hello by raising his spear.

"All survivors we know of stand here. Going to see the salvage on the ship before the sea swallows it."


"Look here. This mark here was made by a small boat. And there are footprints. Someone, I think only one person because the print sizes are all the same, brought you all here so you would not drown. I wonder why they would not stay? Unless it was the captain...but why would he destroy his ship but save its passengers?"


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I'm guessing one of the other crew members if the captain was indeed behind this." Yekskya fishes his gear out of the pile and shrugs on his chain shirt. "Zag, I agree that getting to the wreck is a priority. There may be things there that we need to recover before the Jenivere sinks for good." Shouldering his bow, he heads off down the beach toward the wreck.


Slicingsong looks thoughtfully at the track before shaking his head, clearing it of the mystery for now. He follows Zag and Yekskya towards the wreckage.

What time is it? Will we have enough time to search before it gets dark?

Qadira

It sounds like you're all wanting to check out the ship. If not, I'll amend this.

Rowena and Slicingmoon manage to help Grym to shore. Afterwards, you decide to head out to examine the Jenivere. Yekskya, Zaghigoth, Slicingmoon, Rowena and Grym head out on their venture, while Faey and the other passengers remain at the beach.

Even a cursory glance is enough to confirm that the Jenivere will never sail again. Only the fortuitous presence of a sharp ridge of rock near the side of the sheer cliff wall has prevented the wreck from sinking entirely into the sea, for only the ship's stern seems to have survived the wreck. This portion is wedged at an angle between the cliff and the rocks, and each wave shakes and tosses the wreck alarmingly. It won't be long before the constant pounding of the waves dislodges the wreck and allows the hungry sea to claim the last of this once-fine ship.

As you arrive after the short trek, you see that the tide currently seems to be out, exposing the rocks. It will be a difficult, slippery climb over the rocks to the ship, but it would sure beat trying to swim out to the wreck. At the same time, you feel the heat of the sun as it continues to climb in the sky.

You awoke on the beach shortly after dawn, the wreck is only about a half mile from where you started on the beach, so it's say, about 8am. Currently the tide is out, but you don't know for how long.

Does anyone have ranks in Knowledge (geography) or Profession (sailor)?


As a Bard, Slicingsong can make all Knowledge checks untrained. But I think I remember Geography on Grym's sheet, too.

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 ⇒ 17

"Come, we should hurry."


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

Kn Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Grym looks at the wreck. He turns to the others.

"I doubt that the ship will hold there much longer. If we plan to get any supplies from it, then we act now," he says.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I agree. We'd better hurry. If there is anything left, it could be the difference between life and death out here while we try to find a way to signal a ship." And, I need to see if the statue is recoverable or lost at the bottom of the sea.

Yekskya begins clambering across the slippery rocks, trying to reach the wreck.

Climb 1d20 ⇒ 16

As he nears the ship, he looks for a safe approach and to see if there are any signs of activity onboard.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Zaghigoth moves to the rocks after securing his armor onto his person, but frowns at them, hesitant about climbing on them. He stows his shield on his back and starts out onto them, muttering words of confidence to himself.

Climb (-3 armor check penalty): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


As we reach the rocks that lead to the wreck of the Jenivere, I cast a suspicious look at them. "Now, that's gonna be some nice hike. If you slip you're likely to break something, guys. Better be careful."

Carefully picking my way over the rocks, I make my way towards the wreck. Once we reach what's left of the once-proud ship, I look up, searching for signs of activity.

Satisfied that the wreckage seems to be devoid of life, I move towards the jagged edge where the rest of the ship has broken off, hoping against hope that at least some of the stuff I was supposed to bring to Sargava is still on board. Since it was supposed to be sold to explorers, I am certain we can now use it very well ourselves.


Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

"Do we have any rope?" Grym casts a glance around the beach, looking for some rope so that they can at least tether themselves as they clamber across the rocks.


Slicingsong uncoils some rope. "They seem content to risk it, but let us cross together. Tied together, Slicingsong and Grym climb the rocks towards the ship.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Qadira

The trek is difficult, clambering over slick rocks and tide pools, with the surf crashing very nearby. You keep checking the waves as they come in, to see whether the tide has turned. However, you think you are safe for the moment. Once you are about 150ft from the beach, you are able to hop from rocks onto a ledge that works its way up the cliff until it is high enough that you can step across to the main deck of the ship.

Slicingmoon & Grym:
As the two of you clamber along, between the two of you, you think you have a fair idea of where you are - a small island known as Smuggler's Shiv, an island with a notorious reputation. Piecing together what you've seen of local nautical maps, legends, and stories from sailors, you know the following about Smuggler's Shiv:

1) Smuggler’s Shiv is a notorious island north of Eleder. It’s not shown on most maps, but is rightfully feared by those who ply the waters of Desperation Bay. The island is named not only for the knife-like shape of its coastline, but for its uncanny habit of wrecking ships that draw too near—mostly smugglers eager to avoid detection by
Sargava’s navy.

2) It’s commonly believed that the shores of Smuggler’s Shiv are haunted by the ghosts and ghouls of the sailors who have died on the jagged rocks and reefs surrounding the island. These rumors are supported by reports of several failed attempts to establish long-lasting colonies on the remote island.

3) When Sargava was first settled, Chelish engineers erected a lighthouse on the Shiv’s southwest shore. The light was intended to warn approaching ships of the dangerous waters and, eventually, was to have been the first building in a small colony. The light and all plans for colonization were abandoned just before completion amid rumors of curses, haunts, and cannibalism.

Yekskya:
As you look for the best way to climb up the ledge to the ship, your ears pick up the sound of scratching and scrabbling coming from below decks.

As you climb aboard, you see that indeed the rocks have shorn away much of the Jenivere's bow. The deck is slick with wet of waves that have crashed over the ship. You also happen to notice that on the other side of the ship, what's left of a lifeboat drifts in the surf. A rope leading from the ship is tied to part of the lifeboat floating in the water, as if someone had tied it to the ship.

Despite the sun, the deck is still wet, and combined with the rocking motion of the ship the Jenivere is considered difficult terrain [-2 to hit on all attacks].


Slicingsong looks about the wrecked ship as he unties himself from Grym and coils the rope. "That small boat there. That is likely the one that took you to shore. If it is tied here, that may mean the person responsible for your rescue is still aboard. Or he may have crossed over on the rocks as we did. I should have though to look for tracks before we walked over and destroyed them. Keep an eye out for whoever he is. He might have come looking for supplies and gotten hurt.

Someone should check the galley for food and water. If no one objects I would like to check the captain's cabin. He may have his own supplies there and I would like to see if there is some clue as to why he would go off course and maroon us."

Slicingsong heads towards the cabin to make a search of the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Careful everyone! I hear something scratching below decks. It is not just the waves. Perhaps our rescuer or another of those beasts you slew at the beach." As Yekskya gets onto the deck, freeing his hands, he removes his bow from his back and loosely knocks and arrow. "Does anyone see a way below?"

Survival to look for any footprints or tracks 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


With Yekskya's post in mind, I amend my post to include Slicingsong checking out the cabin with spear in hand.


"Scratching you say? Must be more of those damned shrimp. Well, at least we know they are not that hard to kill, as long as we watch out for those stingers. But if you guys are right and the one who rescued us is still aboard, he or she may be in trouble. Serious trouble I would wager, since we don't hear any screams or sounds of a fight."

Drawing my rapier, I move across the deck, leading foot checking for grip before shifting my weight, going slowly but more secure on the wet planking of the deck. Eyes casting about, I check for dangers waiting to spring on us from the shadowy corners of what remains of the ships superstructure.

Once we make it safely into the cabin, I help Slicingsong search the captain's cabin.


Perception check on deck: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception check aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


When he makes it to the deck, Zag equips his shield and shortspear and follows the others. As they move into the captain's cabin, however, he lingers outside, his back to the door, taking a defensive position and maintaining vigilance. "I'll keep an eagle's eye out for...anything."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

Grym stretches his muscles following the arduous climb over the rocks. He listens to the others talk of survivors and the like, but he is mulling over what he knows of Smuggler's Shiv. He'd studied maps whilst aboard the Jenivere and questioned the sailors and now had a rudimentary knowledge of the island. He draws his greataxe as the others arm themselves.

"From what I can tell, we're on an island called Smuggler's Shiv and from what I've gleaned from maps and the sailors on board this ship, we're in a bad way. Ghosts and ghouls are rumoured to inhabit the island's shores from the many ships that are wrecked on the rocks around the island. The Chelaxians attempted to colonise this island but they failed. They did leave a lighthouse though; that may prove our best shelter for now."

Grym follows the others into the ship.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Ghosts and ghouls? I don't think that is what is on this ship. But some of you are shamans, no? You can protect us from ghosts. I'll help with the wild animals...when I'm not out cold." he says with a grin.


Working alongside Slicingsong as he searches the captain's cabin, I overhear Grym and Yekskya talking about ghosts and ghouls and I look up for a moment, turning my my gaze towards them:

"As long as I can hurt it with my blade or with Mr. Hardhead here," tapping the mace hanging from my belt "you can count on me. So, ghouls and the like are legitimate targets, but don't ask me to take care of things I can't hit. If there's ghosts, I'll be providing the distractions, but it's up to those of you with spells to deal with those on a more permanent basis. Nothing much I can do about those. At least not until such time as I am able to afford enchanted weapons. That said, let's go check out what that scratching is all about."

Qadira

What a mess! You find that it may be difficult to search the ship, as parts of it have been torn away - you suspect that your cabins belowdecks may have suffered the same fate.

DM roll:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

DM roll:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

You work your way aft along the deck towards the captain's cabin; by now, all of you can hear a frenzied scrabbling coming from somewhere on the deck below. As you pass one of the ladders leading below, you catch a glimpse of movement. One of those eurypterids, similar to the ones you slew on the beach but a bit larger, is determinedly working at getting through the door into one of the supply cabins. Its door looks wedged shut.

As you peer down, the creature turns around and sees you. It waggles its claws menacingly, and begins scuttling across to the foot of the ladder!

Initiatives if you please, folks : I've attached a map below. It's only approximate (I realize I don't have many maps of ships), as the creature is actually on a lower deck and there are no rowboats on the deck. You can either engage with the creature or reach the captain's cabin, on the same deck as yourselves. No one has surprise, so first round will begin normally.

Map is here


"Ghosts...ghouls...corrupt spirits plaguing the natural order, I say. Best to put them to rest in the good earth if we see them."

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Grym catches sight of the large beast and raises his eyebrow.


"I hope these things taste good. Because they're everywhere."
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"If they do taste good, at least we won't have to worry about food for a while." Yekskya's eyes dart back and forth between the creature and the ladder attempting to judge whether it is likely to be able to reach or crawl to the upper deck. "Do you think it can get up?"


"Who knows? We'll go down in any case. What if your rescuer is holed up in that room?. Oh, and without any way to preserve the meat, we will probably not be able to eat it after perhaps tomorrow morning. I actually am not sure we will be well if we eat the ones we killed before. It is very hot, hotter even than the plains of my home."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Sorry, I should have explained my intent. If it cannot crawl up, I plan to fire enough arrows into it to make it look like a thistle. Perhaps after we check the ship, we should build a fire and smoke some of the meat to help preserve it?"


"Shooting it till it dies sounds like a good idea, Yekskya. As does your plan to cure the meat by smoking it. And indeed, Slicingsong has the right of it too. If our rescuer is holed up in there, it would be a lousy way to repay him or her for services rendered by turning our backs now and let that eurypterid have its way."
As I speak, I retrieve a little metal tube from my beltpouch and open it to pull out a bowstring, kept perfectly dry inside. Drawing my bow from my quiver, I start stringing it, before taking an arrow and drawing a bead on the crustacean.


Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC: 16
Current hp: 9/10


Slicingsong's spear clatters to the deck and he too pulls his short horn bow and fires an arrow.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 ⇒ 4


Zag moves to the top of the stairs on his left, hefting his shield and setting his weight against it, pointing his spear at a downward angle. "Should it try, it will find me much like a mountain."

On his initiative (believe I am last so it might not matter, might amend if need be), Zag moves to the top of the stairs near Rowena and Yekskya (assuming there is space available), and takes a total defense.

AC: 21
HP: 13/14

51 to 100 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1 - Souls for Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.