Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


CrazyHedgehog's Serpent Skull

Game Master CrazyHedgehog

Taking part in the Serpent's Skull Adventure Path, PbP style.


501 to 550 of 1,343 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"Aerys, why don't we see if you can understand them first and if that doesn't work, we can try Gelik or Jask's magic. Let's start by seeing if we can get them to tell us who they are and how big their tribe is."

Qadira

You get Aerys to have a go at speaking with the cannibal captives, the half-elf speaking in the Infernal tongue. The three captives sit up a bit straighter and certainly seem to understand her demands for information, but they just snarl back, baring their sharp, filed teeth. After trying for a few minutes, Aerys stands back and looks at you. "Any suggestions?" she asks.

Anyone want to make an Intimidate or Diplomacy check?


Zag moves up next to Aerys and eyes the cannibals with a furrowed brow, narrowing his eyes at them as Shiv skulks up and snaps his jaws menacingly.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Holding his bow menacingly and fingering an arrow, Yekskya attempts to drive home the precarious nature of the cannibal's position.
Intimidate to assist 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
to little effect

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The cannibals seem moderately intimidated by Yekskya's waving an arrow at their faces, and Aerys suddenly finds they are much more responsive to her questioning. Through her translating, you learn that the savage with the small pentagram tattooes all over his body is called Gellius. The other with the skull-like tattoo on his face is Pavo, and the other with the fang amulets is Manius. A lot of what they say is gibberish, even with Aerys trying to translate it - they clearly seem to be verging on insanity. They claim that they have always lived on the island, but that their ancestors arrived on a ship from the north long ago.

The trio were part of a hunting party heading north across the island from their camp. Eventually discovering your presence on the island, they at first tried to capture one of your members - Faey - to take back to their camp for the next feast. However, realizing that you are powerful warriors, they instead decided to lay an ambush for you. The cannibals seem imprecise about how many there are on the island altogether, perhaps because they are unable to count so high, but you gather there are at least another dozen.

Despite their fear, the cannibals seem convinced that it is only a matter of time before your flesh will be fed to Mother Thrunefang.

Taking a break, Aerys looks up at you. "Do we have to keep these creeps? I'm not sure what else we can get out of them."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I think the only other thing we want to do is try to pinpoint their camp and any usual defenses such as traps."


Placing a hand on Aerys' shouulder, I gently squeeze it. "No Aerys, we don't have to keep these creeps. I'll take care of them. We can't let them live anyways. They will either warn the others or try to kill us themselves. They have to die, because no matter what way you look at it, we're in this for our very survival. It's us or them. And I choose us. Please do however try to find out where their camp is and what they know about its defenses, like Yeks here mentioned."

Back from hosting author Michael Z. Williamson and visiting Spangdahlem US Airbase

Qadira

Aerys turns back to the captives and questions them some more. She seems happy enough to run them through with her sword now. They grudgingly respond that their main camp is several days south and west through across the island. The camp is at the base of a tall tower. There are no traps around the camp.

How did the author visit go?


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"All right. I have no further questions for them. Does anyone else? They may be hard to avoid once we push further south."

Qadira

Aerys looks up at you. "Can we kill them now?" She repeats it in Infernal as well, just to make sure. The cannibal captives begin to look a bit anxious. "I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to get off this rock."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"I'm a little concerned with how anxious you are to put them to death Aerys, but I'm in agreement that it is the only choice. I think there is little chance they will be changing their ways."
Yekskya's perspective on this is definitely colored by his experience with other Mwangi cannibals so it will be up to others to talk him out of this course if anyone wants to.


"Survival of the fittest. Do not let my earlier words about wiping them out fully apply here, I say. These ones attacked us, and they were not the stronger. They've earned their fate. My qualms lie with the talk of exterminating their camp, but the paths we each choose to take are our own, I say, and not to be judged."


"Cayden forgive me." Drawing my rapier, I turn towards the cannibals. "May your gods have mercy on your souls." I look at the others, and seeing their agreement, I quickly run each of the prisoners through their heart, making their deaths as swift and painless as possible. Turning away, the others can see my skin has gone gray underneath its normal tan and my eyes look sad. Wiping my rapier and sheathing it, I manage to take a few steps into the bush surrounding the clearing before I double over and throw up. "By Cayden. This is sickening. I have no qualms about killing in battle, but this feels so wrong. Knowing we had no choice, doesn't make it any easier." After several more minutes of heaving and gagging, I wipe my mouth and then take my waterskin to wash away the bitter taste.
Rejoining the others, my face looks haggard and for a long time I just stare ahead of me, seemingly oblivious to my surroundings and not responding to anything that's being said.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Yekskya helps to silently bury the bodies outside of camp. Once everyone has had some time to recompose themselves, he ventures "I don't think anything has changed. We need to keep moving south and we'll have to be careful in case we run into the full camp. We should see if we can pick up the trail of the captain and scholar again. Do you all want to move our camp further or should we leave it here for now?"
Survival to pick up trail if everyone is ready to continue 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Qadira

Yeskya, which trail are you wanting to pick up? With your roll, you can find your way easily from your camp back to where the cannibals ambushed you with their trap. From there you can also find backtrack their trail from the south.

Just waiting to see if you are taking the whole camp with you. With trekking through the jungle in search of the natives' camp, getting ambushed, and bringing the cannibals back to your own camp, I would put the time at late afternoon, you may want to rest for the night.

Some of the other survivors gather round as you bury the dead cannibals. Jask especially seems upset that they were put to death but he says nothing, merely noting Rowena's grey complexion and putting a strong hand on her shoulder in comfort. The sight of the graves helps to bring home the dangers facing you on this island. Gelik, more his old self after his bout with fever, attempts to lighten the mood with some quips, but the others are grim and lost in their own thoughts as you prepare to move out.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

I'd like to try to pick up the trail of the captain and Ieana and I thought we'd seen some evidence before the cannibals interrupted things. I'm having trouble finding the relevant post though so I'm worried I imagined it. Didn't we find a campsite that might have been theirs?


I'm out of spells for the day, so I wouldn't mind resting. Maybe we can also find some high ground or get in some trees to try and spot the tower the cannibals spoke of? Or anything else that might be visible.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"We should definitely rest for the night before continuing, but checking to see if we can spy the tower is a good idea. I grew up on the plains and hills, so I'm not the best climber, but willing to try if no one else is."

Qadira

Yekskya, you're right. You found evidence that Captain Kovack and Ieana survived the wreck and made camp, eventually moving south. You've all actually made your camp in the same place, having stayed there last night and it looks like tonight too. With your tracking skill, you should have no problem following their trail, they weren't taking any especial care to cover their tracks.

Where you just fought the cannibals in the jungle was in terrain that was leading south up to a ridge - it's possible you could get a good view of the island from there. Of course you'll have to get above the tree line - I think Cat is your climber in the team.

Will post a bigger post tomorrow. Any changes to the night's watch?


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

I think it's fine to continue with the watch pattern we've been using.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"All right. So assuming nothing changes overnight, I see about picking up the trail from Captain Kovack and Ieana and see if we can get a good view of the southern island from that ridge? Sound like a plan?"


After spending some time brooding and soulsearching, I pull away from the pit of self-pity I was sliding into. Getting up and stretching, I turn towards Jask, a grateful smile on my face, silently mouthing a word of thanks.
"Alright. I understand there's a need for my climbing skills? Let's hop to it and have a look at what we can see of this damned island."

Qadira

I'm assuming that to get a good view of the island and to pick up Capt. Kovack and Ieana's trail, you'll be heading back to the ridge near where you fought the cannibals. I'm also making the assumption that you are bringing the other survivors with you, to set up a new base camp. But, as always, let me know if I'm taking liberties and I'll adjust the description.

The night passes uneventfully. In the morning, the other survivors still seem quiet and subdued, troubled by the threat the cannibals present. Slicingsong tries to lift everyone's spirits, trying to enlist Gelik Aberwhinge's help in some playful banter, but no one seems much interested. You pack up the camp and head south, retracing your steps to your encounter with the cannibals yesterday.

After a trek through the jungle, encountering clouds of insects, brightly colored jungle snakes, and lizards everywhere, you reach the spot - a high ridge that looks over a large part of the island. To get a better view, Rowena finds a tall tree and prepares to scramble up. From what you see from looking at ground level up on the ridge, you can see the island curving away to the south. The coast never seems far away, and you can see another part where the island seems to curve back towards you. Not far to the south is another mesa, which partially obstructs your view.

Cat, could I have a Climb check please? And, anyone foraging today could I have Survival checks please.

------

DM rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 27
1d100 ⇒ 59
1d100 ⇒ 38
1d100 ⇒ 44
Aerys morale 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3
Gelik morale 1d20 ⇒ 11
Ishirou morale 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Sasha morale 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Yekskya senses the morose nature of the camp, but cannot think of a way to lift the mood. Instead, he helps to pack up the camp and unslings his bow once it is time to move south. He watches for game, but today it seems the insects, snakes and lizards are far more plentiful and he comes up empty on the way to the ridge. "I'll help cover for you Cat. Hopefully no bugs up in that tree and you have better luck spying than I have had hunting."
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Having slept fitfully, waking up several times from nightmares, I welcome the morning with a couple of yawns before getting up and stretching. Finally deciding to pull myself together "Come on Cat, suck it up and soldier on. No time for regrets." and put things that cannot be undone behind me, I roll up my blanket and tie it to the bottom of my backpack. After stuffing the rest of my gear into my backpack, I start helping Aerys packing up for the trip. During our march, I try to help Yeskya find game, but not very successfully.

Once we get to the ridge, I drop my pack while looking for a tree that is at least somewhat manageble to climb. Finding none really fitting that bill, I shrug and just start climbing up the tallest tree to be found. "I'll have a look. Watch my stuff please."

Survival check: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Climb check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

As Cat scrambles up the challenging tree, Yekskya readies his bow and scans the area for predators or other trouble. He spares an occasional glance skyward in case an airborne threat is making its way to Cat while she is perched precariously on the tree.
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Clearly, Yekskya is not at his best today.

Qadira

Unslinging her pack, Rowena deftly climbs up the tree while the rest of you look on. It's a particularly large tree, and as Cat climbs up from branch to branch, she eventually clears the surrounding jungle canopy. Her climb disturbs birds and other creatures, even a giant tarantula-looking creature, but she is undisturbed. Once at the top, she has a look around.

With the keen eyesight of her elven heritage, Rowena is able to see quite a bit from her vantage point. To the west, she can see that the island of Smuggler's Shiv curves around in a large bay, the coast on the far side of the bay forming several smaller islands. One of the islands noticeably stands out: whereas everywhere else is shrouded in jungle, that island seems completely grey and lifeless, devoid of vegetation. At several points along the bay, Rowena can see creatures winging through the air, possibly birds but from this distance more probably pterosaurs such as what you've encountered already.

The same is true to the south. From the ridge where you stand the ground rolls down to meet the sea. It's difficult to tell, but the it looks like there might be huts of some sort down by the shore of an inlet where the sea curls around a low mountain, easily the highest point on the island. Barren of vegetation, the ragged rise of rust-red stones juts from the earth like an immense scar. You see more pterosaurs wheeling through the sky, but around the red mountain you catch a glimpse of something that looked even bigger.

To the east is the shipwreck that you spotted earlier, while far to the south-west, its origin obscured by another ridge, you see smoke!

I've updated the map, points seen by Rowena marked in red.

Updated Map

------

DM rolls:

Cat Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Any sign of the old lighthouse?


When morning comes, Zag rises just before dawn and moves off by himself for a bit, contemplating the spirits as the sun rises. Drawing on the fecund environment around him, he reestablishes his link with the earth, sea, and sky for the day before returning to the camp where the rest of the survivors are packing up. He wakes Shiv with a gentle nudge and scratches the creature's scaly head, offering him a few bits of food before securing his own gear. Before moving out, Zag sees to stop by and check up on Aerys and Gelik, inquiring as to the effects of the berries that Aerys had used and to see how well Gelik is recovering from his sickness.

When they reach the ridge and Cat climbs up the trees, Zag wonders aloud "I wonder if the captain of our ship and the scholar yet live. This island is wild and dangerous, I say, and they are only two."

Aerys Heal check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Gelik Heal check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Survival check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Qadira

@Yekskya: You're not sure how tall the lighthouse is, but you can't see it. Most probably, the plateau to the south-west of your location could be blocking your view of the lighthouse.

@Zaghigoth: Gelik thanks you for your interest and proclaims that he's feeling much more fit, but still not feeling as strong as before. Aerys acknowledges that the berries have helped a lot with the shakes, but is still feeling a bit sick. Hopefully it will pass over time. At the same time, you notice that both of them, along with most of the other survivors, still seem very unsettled here on the island, to the extent that it's affecting their performance.

------

DM rolls:

fort save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Climbing down from the tree after having surveyed as much of the island as I can from that vantage point, I rejoin the others and relate to them what I have seen. "Looks like we've got a fair bit of travel ahead of us. I hope the rest are up to it. If we can get the group to move together as much as possible, I think we stand a better chance against those damned cannibals. Though I'm not sure if all of the survivors are very well suited to traveling through jungle and mountain ranges. Zag, I think we may be depending on your knowledge and healing powers quite a bit. You're up to the task?"

Qadira

I'm away now for the weekend, will pick up the game on Monday. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in the meantime, if you have any plans you want to make about your next move.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Have a good weekend CHH!

"Cat, I'm a little worried about us alerting everyone in the jungle by bringing the whole crew with us. Shouldn't we continue with what we've been doing so far and leave them here in a base camp while we jump a little further ahead?"


"Yekskya has a point about bringing them. They seem....hm, reluctant, I say, to march. It might be a good thing to let them dig in and have some routine. Gelik is still recovering, and spirits know what other ailments are festering beneath notice....but I shall not be the one to decide, I say. Let them for themselves...all must choose their own path to walk. As for my knowledge and powers, they are at your disposal, Cat; yours and whoever else would need them. The wilds are a dangerous place, but they can be nourishing as well. The spirits guide me to treat with the land, and I will do my very best to help you all."


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

"That seems sensible Zag. They should make their thoughts known about what we do with the camp. I would still feel better if we scout ahead with a smaller group, but if they are prepared to move on, we should keep them moving ahead."


"You'd have a point, Yeks, if that were what I was suggesting. I didn't mean to bring the whole group in one go. As I was saying, togther as much as possible. Didn't mean to suggest we pack up and thrash through the jungle with all of us together. Might be that I could have phrased that a bit more clearly. But Zag has a good point indeed about the others making their own choices. As far as I'm concerned they can stay in the base camp until we send for their rescue. But I will suggest to Aerys that she come with us. I'd rather keep an eye on her and know she's safe." A slight blush colors my cheeks, then I shrug and decide that it's up to my friends to make of my words what they want.

Qadira

Not sure if I made it clear in previous posts, but the other survivors are with you at the moment. If you want to leave them at a new base camp, you could set up camp here, or establish a new camp somewhere between here and the cannibals' camp you are trying to find. Here at the viewpoint on the edge of the mesa is defensible, but perhaps not the most accessible, but at least the area could serve as a temporary camp until you find somewhere better.

When Rowena climbs down and you explain the situation to the rest of the survivors, not all seem keen to move on through the jungle. Ishirou prefers to keep near the coast, on the lookout for ships to try to get off the island rather than hunt for cannibals. Sasha Nevah prefers to remain behind, her thoughts still on acquiring a pterosaur as an animal companion. Jask offers to accompany you, but would prefer to stay behind with the others, and Gelik doesn't yet feel fit for combat. Faey states that she would go with you if needed but would rather stay to keep the other survivors together; her focus of late has been on foraging for the group. Unexpectedly, Grym is quick to say he would prefer to stay with Faey. Aerys has been acting as a guard for the camp, but is willing to go with you if you wish. And Slicingsong is happy to carry on.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Yekskya waits until Rowena, Zag, Slicingsong and he can discuss the thoughts of the other survivors, "It sounds like we're going to have some unhappy no matter what we choose, but that most would prefer to camp now. If we let Ishirou know that we don't really intend to hunt for cannibals, but seek a way off to the south and let Sasha know that we'll continue to look for a dinosaur for her. Gelik can rest, Grym can take over guard duties for Aerys so she can go with us. We can have Faey assist Grym and continue to forage. Sound good? In another day or two, we can find another camp site to the south and see if we can move everyone again?"

Qadira

Sorry everyone, whole family came down with stomach flu this week, to be honest haven't had the energy for doing anything on the computer after work. If everyone's still here, then back to the game! As there's no reply to Yek's post, I'll assume that is the plan. The current party, striking south, is Aerys, Cat, Slicingsong, Yekskya, and Zaghigoth. The rest will stay to set up a new base camp.

From your lookout position at the edge of the plateau, the five of you backtrack a bit through the jungle, looking for a path that would lead you south. It takes some searching, but eventually you find a way down the north face of the ridge into the jungle below, allowing you to make your way around the plateau and head south.

As you have found on Smuggler's Shiv, making your way through the jungle can be a hard slog. There doesn't seem to be a proper trail here, though you feel you are going the right direction. You hack at the cloying vines with your bladed weapons, blazing a path of your own, but it's slow, strength-sapping work.

Eventually, you come to a clearing, about 50feet in diameter, a gap in the jungle where the sun beats down upon a field of wilted-looking plants, their leaves a sickly, diseased yellow. In the center, coiling around several human skeletons, a wet green plant sits with sickly yellow flowers that smoke with a nasty yellow vapor. Rising from behind the plant are two figures. From the tattered remnants of their clothes, they appear to have once been sailors, but now seem more plant than human. They lurch towards you!

Initiative
18 - Zaghigoth
17 - Slicingsong
12 - Aerys
7 - yellow musk plant
6 - Yekskya
6 - Rowena
5 - yellow musk zombies

Map of Clearing
One of the things I've been finding frustrating with this adventure is the lack of maps for encounters. Probably not such a problem if my map-making skills are better, but struggling to put together maps, even with published ones. See how you get on with this, the yellow square represents the clearing, with the plant and its plant zombies in the middle. Movement through the jungle is hampered, moving through a square requires double movement cost. You can move through the clearing unhindered.

DM rolls:

Aerys init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Rowena init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Slice init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Yeks init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Zag init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 ⇒ 5


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Here and glad everyone is doing better. I'll wait to post till after the plant.


Hope you and the rest of the family feel better soon. Like Yekskya, I'll be waiting to see what the plant does, but I will draw my rapier in preparation.

Qadira

I'll check back later tonight, give Zag a chance to post. And what's happened to Slice?


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Slice's last post was Oct 3. He hasn't posted on the boards with any of his alts since then, but both his post with Slice and another alt that day indicated work problems. Maybe he'll be back over the holidays, but I think he might be gone. Since I think that knocks us down to myself, Cat and Zag I wonder if we should go recruiting for 1-2 and move him to the camp with Grym. Could allow for new people to play some of our fellow shipwrecks, cannibals who have seen the light or perhaps other shipwrecks.


I am fine with whatever decision the group makes in regards to new players. It seems like an easy enough adventure to introduce new PCs.

Upon seeing the strange tree and its stranger spawn, Zag reacts quickly but cautiously. Readying his shield and spear, he moves steadily out into the clearing, favoring defense as Shiv stays quick on his heels. As he advances, the druid studies the plant, trying to ascertain any information about it from his teachings.

Moving out front and center, two squares north of Cat, Shiv staying adjacent to me on the right. Taking a total defense for myself, Shiv readies an attack to bit the first thing that comes into melee range. Also making a knowledge nature check to identify anything about the situation.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Shiv Readied Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Status:

Zag -
HP: 22/22
AC: 21, FF 16, Touch 15

Shiv -
HP: 19/19
AC: 18, FF 16, Touch 13


CG Male Half-Orc Ranger (Trapper) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17, FF: 15, T: 12 | F +5, R +5, W +3 | Init +2, Perc +8

I'm back after having spent a couple of months sorting out how things are going to work with regards family with the ex. Let me know what I can do, if anything, at the moment.

I'll need to reconstruct Grym's Hero Lab file so I'll toddle off and do that now.


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Hey, welcome back Grym! Maybe we don't need to recruit after all. We can just bring you out with us and send Slice back to camp until he pops back in.

Qadira

Grym, welcome back! I have your original stats if you need them, copied them so I could NPC Grym in your absence. I think Yekskya had a good idea, we'll swap in Grym for Slice so you can get in to play, perhaps Slicingsong felt he was needed back at camp to boost morale :)

Round 1
Zaghigoth reacts quickly to the situation, cautiously moving in front of the group and examining the weird plant and its minions. It seems somehow familiar to you, but its details are escaping you just now. I'm working off a DC 10 for the Know nature check, if anyone else has that skill. Shiv also moves up, looking ready for a fight.

Grym is still watching the creatures, deciding which way to act, while Aerys edges slowly around the edge of the clearing, her fists up and ready for a fight. "Come on, maybe we can just get past these things." she urges.

Almost at her words, the plant at the center of the clearing springs to life. A flowered tendril whips out at Zaghigoth, a pod of yellow pollen bursting in front of his face. The half-orc suddenly is overwhelmed by euphoria and finds his thoughts clouded and obscured. The temptation to remain where you are and revel in the heavenly scent is strong. Zag, could you make a Will save please, against DC 14. If unsuccessful, you are entranced for 2 rounds.

Nostrus, I've had Grym delay his action while you are getting back up to speed, feel free to jump in whenever you are ready.

I agree with the recruitment. I've been aware that we were short of active players for a while, but with so many NPCs in the camp that could lend support, my thinking is as long as there are enough players that you feel the game is interactive enough, then I'd prefer to wait until we finish this part of Serpent Skull game, then if you want to continue we can recruit some new players into the game.

Updated Map

Updated Initiative
18 - Zaghigoth
14 - Grym
12 - Aerys
7 - yellow musk plant
6 - Yekskya
6 - Rowena
5 - yellow musk zombies
------

DM rolls:

Grym init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d5 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d6 ⇒ 2


Stats:
AC 18/14/14 HP 49/49 F+6 R+6 W+3 Init+5 Per+3

Round 1

"So much for sneaking around them." Yekskya takes a step forward and then begins nocking arrows to his bow and firing them repeatedly at the strange, but menacing creatures next to the plant. Two arrows fly off.
Attack (Rapidshot, Point Blank, Deadly Aim) 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage (Point Blank, Deadly Aim) 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7
Attack (Rapidshot, Point Blank, Deadly Aim) 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 7
Damage (Point Blank, Deadly Aim) 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11


Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Despite the situation, a smile lights up my face when I see Aerys with her fists up and ready for a fight. "What do you think you are going to do against those things with your fists, Aerys? How about using something more suited for the job? Unless you're trained as a monk, of course. Here, take this." With my free hand, I draw my light mace from its loop on my belt and hand it to Aerys, while keeping an eye on the plant and the obviously undead things behind it.

Ready attack, targeting the first of the undead to come close to me or Aerys.
Attack, rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage, rapier: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Status: AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
Current HP: 19/19

501 to 550 of 1,343 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1 - Souls for Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.