Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom

Game Master CrazyHedgehog

Characters must undertake vital missions in order to confront the relentless advance of a bloodthirsty horde.


301 to 350 of 1,092 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Qadira

Will post an update tomorrow, ran out of time tonight.


With the other members of the scouting party "Funny thing that. To call ourselves the scouting party, when in actuality our entire group is nothing but a scouting party. Ah well, I guess it's all semantics anyway. Better keep your eyes and ears open instead of concerning yourself with words, Shay!" I make my way through the forest, blending into my surroundings and gliding silently through the woods like a ghost.

When Leonar points out that he recognizes a number of the goblins as his pursuers and then suggests luring some of the goblins away in order to take down the rest, I am all for it. "Can you summon a creature that might lure them away? Like a couple of deer or something like that? I mean, chances are they would jump at the chance to get some fresh venison. If they send a hunting party after a few tasty deer, the numbers of those still inside might be more manageable."

Stealth check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

"I know goblins aren't fond of ponies or dogs, and I can summon those, but I can't summon a deer. I bet they'd give some chase to a nice little puppy..."

Qadira

Shaylar and Leonar, as you and Keliwyn and Jorr move silently in to scout the keep's defenses, you notice that the two towers guarding the main gate of the keep have been collapsed and ruined, part of the destruction from when the keep was beset by giants all those years ago. In the ruins of the northern tower, your keen eyes are able to make out three goblin riders and their worg mounts, keeping a not-too-careful watch of the approach to the keep.

Leo, are you wanting to cast a summoning spell?


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Ill try casting a spell to summon a pony. The gobs and worgs might be more interested in them than a dog.

Qadira

Ok, Leonar, where does the pony appear and what do you want it to do? Is the plan for it to run away?


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Yes. I'd like to summon it, say 20' from the keep, and hopefully it will spook and run away.

Qadira

Creeping forward, closer to the ruined towers at the front of the keep, Leonar casts a summoning spell, bringing forth a pony. The creature appears about 20feet from the front gate of the keep, suddenly looking wild eyed and whinnying anxiously as it catches the scent of the wolves. The goblins and their worg allies instantly come to attention at the sight of the pony. The pony doesn't hesitate for a moment, feeling itself being given freedom from Leonar to run, it bolts down the road into the forest. The worgs, sensing an opportunity for sport, leap at the opportunity and disappear down the road after the pony. Their goblin riders seem more alert, and step out of the ruined tower to scan the forest. They have their shortbows at the ready.

Alright, could I have initiative rolls from everyone please? The three goblins are standing 15feet east of the northern tower. The pony is 80feet away after a double move, with the three worgs close behind.

Is summoning a creature specifically for it to be chased by predators an evil act? :)
------

DM rolls:

Wisdom check 1d20 ⇒ 15
Wisdom check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Init 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Lol, I don't think it's worse than using a summoned creature as a trap finder. So at least I have that going for me...


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

Are we all in initiative, or just the scouting party? Rolling just in case.
initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Qadira

Might be best if everyone rolls initiative, we'll see what happens. I'll update tomorrow, to give everyone a chance to post in.


Cursing under my breath, I realize that even though the worgs are going after the pony, their riders are not going to fall for the ruse. Silently nocking an arrow, I draw a bead on one of the goblins, ready to take its life should it come our way. "Ehlonna guide my arrows to strike down those that would defile these lands and conquer the people that live here."

Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Qadira

Oops, I should have posted initiatives for the goblins/worgs up so you could also post up actions. The goblins aren't yet aware of you, but with the sudden appearance of the pony they are on their guard, so I don't think there's a surprise round. The worgs are some way away now, desperately chasing the pony, which will disappear in another 4 rounds.

Initiative
22 - Helaku
20 - Shaylar (masquerading as Cat)
19 - Aleste
19 - Leonar
13 - goblins
10 - Keliwyn
10 - worgs
4 - Ambrose

Leonar, just remembered that the range for the summoning spell is quite close, which would put you pretty close to the goblins. In that case, I've situated the scouting party up against the wall of the keep, around the corner from where the goblins were keeping watch in the ruined tower. The rest of the party is 100feet from the keep's southern wall, with the horses.

Updated Map

-------

DM rolls:

goblins init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
worgs init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Ambrose init 1d20 ⇒ 4
Keliwyn init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 1
Remaining hidden in the trees, Helaku casts mage armor on himself in preparation for what looks like a sure fight. Unless we're still within 5 hours of the casting during the chase through the woods before the hydra. He'll cast invisibility on himself instead if the mage armor is still active.


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Leonar, nodding at the others, casts his own version of a defensive spell. He drew his scimitar, knowing the group was going to engage the goblins.

Cast Barkskin. AC is now 18.

Qadira

Hmm, it's gone a bit quiet. Have a good weekend then, I'll move on the story on Monday.


As soon as the worgs have dissappeared, I silently rise up and let the arrow fly, striking my target with deadly accuracy. From the corner of my eye, I see the others launching their attacks as well and I am confident we can take on this threat and prevail.

Attack, Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Crit check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage, Longbow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Crit damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14

Status: AC: 19 - HP: 26/26

Qadira

Round 1
I'll take actions in initiative order but for now will post the two groups separately

Taking aim at the goblin riders, Shaylar gets their attention by hitting the center goblin in the shoulder with a well-placed arrow. The goblin clutches his shoulder and snaps the arrow shaft, pointing your way. "Get them!" it croaks. Leonar prepares for the combat by casting a defensive spell, causing his skin to become rough as bark.

Jorr joins the fight, loosing an arrow of his own and catching one of the goblins in the hip. The tracker is surprisingly spry as he sprints across the open ground to take up a position by a free-standing shack near to the keep. He readies another arrow.

The goblins scatter, with the two wounded goblins heading towards the entrance to the keep, though they take time to pelt you with their crude but effective arrows. One misses Shaylar, but another hits Keliwyn as he too sprints across to take up a position by Jorr behind the shed. 2 points of damage to Keliwyn. The third goblin also moves towards the shed, and scores a hit against Jorr at close range. 4 points of damage to Jorr.

Though you are focused on the fight at hand, part of you is also listening out for the sound of the worgs returning, thinking they must hear the sounds of battle. However you don't hear them yet.

Meanwhile, those of you remaining further back from the keep can hear the sounds of battle. Helaku springs into action, casting a spell to make himself invisible. mage armor should still be active. Aleste readies a bomb if need be, while Ambrose looks restive as his horse Smoke paws the ground in eagerness.

Round 2!
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/vraathkeep3.jpg/] Updated Map [/ooc]

I'll try to PM players we haven't heard from for a while, though I suspect they've been absent from the messageboards altogether. Hopefully they'll be able to return and pickup play.

Initiative
22 - Helaku
20 - Shaylar (masquerading as Cat)
19 - Aleste
19 - Leonar
15 - Jorr & dogs
13 - goblins
10 - Keliwyn
10 - worgs
4 - Ambrose

-------

DM rolls:

Jorr init 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Jorr longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
arrow damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Jorr longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
arrow damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
worgs perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
goblin 1 shortbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
goblin 2 shortbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
arrow damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
goblin 3 shortbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
arrow damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 1


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 2

If possible, can I use my move action from round 1 to move closer to the keep by 30 feet.

The invisible Helaku moves closer to the action and then conjures an angry armored hobgoblin running from the keep's entrance motioning the goblins to turn and fight while drawing its sword. 30 foot move toward the keep and casts silent image using wand. Hopefully not too many unintended consequences here for the rest of our group.


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Round 2

Leonar decides that now is the time to show his friends his true connection with his feline friends. He mutters a few words, and a growling cheetah appears in the midst of the goblins.

The updated map doesn't work for me, DM. Cn you have the cheetah appear close to the group of gobbies for me? I'll convert Sleet Storm to SNA3 to do so. It's a standard action to summon a feline for me.


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Round 2:

Upon hearing the sounds of battle ahead, Ambrose presses his heals into Smoke's sides, pulling up his lance. Seeing Helaku wink out of invisibility and Aleste preparing his concoctions, he nods and starts to advance on his steed.

Double moving as far as possible to the fight. 100 feet, not counting in any movement-hampering the forest does, if it does.

Also, keeping an eye out for ambushes along the way:

Ambrose Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Smoke Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (Smoke also has Scent)


Keeping my ears open to listen for sounds of the worgs returning, I nock another arrow and shoot at the goblin I've struck before.

Attack, Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage, Longbow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Status: AC: 19 - HP: 26/26

Qadira

Oops, wrong tag for the map. This should work now:

Updated Map

I've worked up the moves, but ran out of time to finish writing the post. Should get it posted tonight.

I'm a dunce! Just discovered the section about the affects of forest terrain in the core rulebook. All this time I've been trying to work out the modifiers myself. Hopefully it will feel more consistent in future. In other words, Ambrose you're right the forest does affect your movement, two squares of movement through the undergrowth, effectively halves your movement but you should be up on the map next round. Helaku and Aleste, it might take you a little longer.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

That's fine. Helaku doesn't want to get too close. Though he does need to get a little closer for most of his spells.

Qadira

Round 2
Moving through the forest towards the keep and intent on the sounds of combat, theinvisible Helaku pulls out a wand and casts a spell. Suddenly a large, armored hobgoblin lumbers out of the keep towards the goblins, motioning at the party and exhorting the goblins to leap into melee. Hobgoblin is on the map near the entrance to the keep. Far ahead, the two goblins nearest to the hobgoblin are quick to obey, but the one beside the shed ignores the hobgoblin. Not far away Aleste is also rushing forward to lend support, crashing through the underbrush. Ambrose and Smoke are riding ahead, the mounted warrior leaping ahead of the others. Jorr's dogs and Fang run in eagerly. Aleste and Helaku currently 50feet from the edge of the map, Ambrose 30feet away from the edge of the map.

Closer to the keep, Shaylar leans around the corner of the keep and targets the goblin he shot last time. It is a good shot, but doesn't quite get through the gobboe's armor, bouncing off the archer's buckler.

Leonar summons a cheetah, which appears next to the group of goblins and leaps to the attack. It rips a big gash out of the arm of one of the goblins, and it hurriedly tries to back out of reach. 6 points of damage against the goblin furthest away.

Jorr tries to fire a quick shot at the goblin near the shed. The structure seems particularly rickety, ready to fall down with a breath, particularly when the arrow misses the goblin's head and buries itself in the wood.

The goblin beset by the cheetah tries to step away to get a clear shot at the beast. He scores a minor hit on the cheetah's flank, but doesn't deter the creature from its attack. 1 point of damage to the cheetah. The other goblin near the hobgoblin targets Leonar, scoring a hit despite the druid's armored skin. 4 points of damage to Leonar. The goblin by the shed tries to shoot back at Jorr, winging him. 2 points of damage to Jorr.

Keliwyn takes advantage of the fight to sneak around the other side of the old shed, drawing his rapier. He sneaks up on distracted archer and strikes, stabbing the goblin and causing a terrible wound. 13 points of damage to the goblin by the shed.

Updated Map

------

DM rolls:

goblin 1 will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
goblin 2 will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
goblin 3 will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
cheetah attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
cheetah damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
cheetah CMB roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Jorr attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
goblin 1 attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
goblin 1 damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
goblin 2 attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
goblin 2 damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
1d3 ⇒ 1
goblin 3 attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
goblin 3 damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 3
Keliwyn stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Keliwyn rapier 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Keliwyn damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
sneak attack 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) = 11


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 3

Helaku continues slowly moving forward through the forest. Move action he silently curses the branches and brambles that impede the invisible mage as he makes his way closer to the action. Resigned to play a long distance role in the battle, he continues concentrating on the hobgoblin, causes it to draw its bow and gesture animatedly at the goblins and heroes.

Edited, realized I couldn't maintain and bring up another illusion.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

Satisfied that this isn't a little skirmish and I might be needed, I head up to join the action. As I move I feel through my bottletops for the marker indicating cat's grace and drink the draught.


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Leonar takes a moment, and attuned his body to that of a large feline! Becoming much more quick in his movements. He waits for the others before full on engaging the enemies. His cheetah tries to full attack any goblins in his area. If none, it moves and attacks the closest goblin.

Use Totem Transformation to gain 20' extra movement.


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Round 3

Ambrose continues guiding Smoke through the thick of the trees, pounding through the brush, hopping over bush-rows, and weaving around the larger vegetation. As he notes the sounds of battle growing louder, he settles into a charging stance, shield raised and lance poised. Once he clears the forest, he pulls back slightly to survey the battlefield, scanning the situation and choosing a target.

Moving until I am on the map just out of the woods and ending there.

Qadira

Round 3

Helaku keeps moving through the forest towards the keep; as he focuses on continuing his spell, the hobgoblin draws its bow and continues to gesture at you and the goblins. Invisible, the only indication of the sorcerer's presence is the crunch of feet through the underbrush. Nearby, Aleste opens a bottle and drinks a draught, instantly bringing a spring in his step. Ambrose leads Smoke out of the forest and along the southern wall of the keep towards the fighting. The large warhorse gives a snort of anticipation, eager for the fight. Ambrose you are on the map! Aleste and Helaku you are both still 35feet from the edge of the map, though you could take a full move action next round to cover the distance if you want.

Shaylar nocks another arrow to his bow, targeting the same goblin he's hit before. Again his aim is true, and he wings the goblin archer. NPC'd Shaylar, hits goblin for 3 points of damage

Leonar's summoned cheetah pounces at the goblin near it, biting and scratching with its claws. Unfortunately, it doesn't manage to break through the goblin's stout armor. Meanwhile, Leonar draws on his affinity to felines to increase his speed, allowing him to engage with the enemy. Full attack on goblin by the cheetah, no successful hits. The pony is about 440ft away from the keep; the wolves not so far, as they aren't as fast as the pony.

Jorr keeps trying to hit the goblin who is trying to move away from Keliwyn, but his shot goes awry, just narrowly missing the elven rogue! Keliwyn again takes advantage of the situation to press his attack against the goblin, slicing it in the arm. Goblin nearest to the party on total defense, taking 5ft step back towards the keep. Keliwyn strikes for 2 points damage. The goblin being menaced by the cheetah backs up another step and draws his scimitar, waiting for the cheetah to come at him again. The remaining goblin, near the hobgoblin illusion, draws another arrow and aims, again at Leonar! It is a good hit, but the druid's protective bark skin lessens the blow. 1 point damage to Leonar.

Suddenly, from within the keep, the hear the howls of 1, no 2 wolves!

The brown rectangle you see on the map near Keliwyn and the shed is a pile of dilapidated timbers, what's left of the front gate.

Updated Map

-------

DM rolls:

Shaylar attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Shaylar damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
cheetah bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
cheetah claw 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
cheetah claw 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Jorr attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Jorr damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
goblin 1 attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
goblin damge 1d4 ⇒ 1
goblin 2 attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
1d5 ⇒ 4
goblin damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Keliwyn attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Keliwyn damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 4

Seeing that he has succeeded in keeping the goblins engaged and hearing the sounds of trouble from the keep in spite of his efforts, Helaku allows the illusion of the hobgoblin to fall away and moves as close as he can to the keep. Double move to the keep.


Cursing under my breath, I draw yet another arrow from my quiver when I see that the goblin is still standing. "Damn you! Why won't you just be a good gobber and die?" Taking aim, I send another arrow towards the goblin.
Attack, Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage, Longbow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Status: AC: 19 - HP: 26/26


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

How near am I now?


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

The druid's cheetah continues to attack the goblins.

DM, I can't exactly tell from the map how far I am from the closest goblin. If I can't get to one this round, I will just move to the closest one.

Qadira

Sorry guys, I know the map isn' the best, I'm having a bit of trouble with it too.

@Aleste: I make out that you and Helaku are both 30feet away from the most southern line of squares on the map. Given that the forest brush is effectively halving movement, I reckon it would take two rounds roughly at your speed to reach the map's edge, or you could do it in one round if you double-move. Once onto the map, the ground around the keep is clear, so no restrictions on movement.

@Leonar: The closest goblin to you is the one fighting Keliwyn, near the outer shed, 30feet away.

I'll update tomorrow night. After that, I'll be away for the weekend, will pick up on Monday again.


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

Leonar moves to the closest goblin and swings at it with his scimitar.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Add another two to the roll if I can flank with Keli

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Possible crit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16Add plus two if flanking.

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

I put my head down and charge on through the woods.
Double move.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 4 is already a double move for me, but if I'm still a double move away, I'll do the same in Round 5.

Qadira

Round 4

Helaku finally emerges from the forest, invisible, not far from the southern wall of the keep. Abruptly, the weapon-brandishing hobgoblin evaporates into thin air! Not far behind is Aleste, and Jorr's three dogs follow along as well, eager for a fight. Forgot the dogs last round.

Shaylar shoots another arrow at the goblin foe. Finally, the goblin, peppered with arrows, falls down. Hooray!

Leonar leaps forward towards the closest goblin, slashing out with his scimitar. He slices the face of the warrior, while the cheetah bites and claws at the other remaining warrior. Unfortunately the cheetah's claws are not strong enough to get through the goblin's stout hide armor. Full attack from the cheetah, 1 successful claw hit for 5 points of damage.

Jorr, seeing the closest goblin being attacked by Leonar and Keliwyn, pivots and shoots at the other goblin with his longbow. Trying to avoid hitting the cheetah, the shot misses.

The goblin facing the cheetah ducks after Jorr's shot flies by, attempting to back up a step so that he can take a shot at the cheetah. However with the cheetah's fierce attacks the goblin is mostly using his bow to keep off the big cat, so his attack misses. The other goblin tries again to stab Keliwyn with his scimitar, but misses. Keliwyn responds by trying to skewer the goblin with his rapier, but the goblin bobs away.

I'm away now for the weekend, so will pick up the game on Monday, gives Ambrose a chance to post.

Leonar, if I'm right then your summoned pony is away at the end of this round, as it was summoned before combat in round 1.

Updated Map - still shows Ambrose at the same location, but whatever action he takes likely will have moved before Round 6, if you understand what I mean.

------

DM rolls:

cheetah bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
bite damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
CMB attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
cheetah claw 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
claw damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
cheetah claw 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
claw damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Jorr attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
goblin 1 attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
goblin 3 attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d2 ⇒ 1
Keliwyn attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Sorry about that. Black Friday and retail and all.

Coming out of the woods and into the shadow of the keep, Ambrose immediately begins scanning the field of battle. Quickly seeing that none near him are in danger, Ambrose presses his heels into Smoke, taking the mare around the shack towards the road in order to flank the goblinoids and cut off any attempted escapes, brandishing his lance as he rides.

Double moving (up to 100 feet), around the south and east ends of the lone structure and as far north to the path proper as I can go.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Hard for me to make out what the shapes to the left/West of Helaku are. Are those Jorr's hounds or enemies or something else?


Male Lion Shaman 7| AC 16/12/14| HP 55/55| F+9,R+5,W+9| Init.+8| Perception+14|

The Druid continues swinging his scimitar at the goblin they had pinched in.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Possible crit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Current stats: AC 18
Plus 20' movement
Flanking

Qadira

My map-making skills are pretty low-tech, but see if this works any better - Enlarged Map

Helaku, the three beasts to the left of you are indeed Jorr's hounds. Forgot about them the last round, so the more or less got lumped there at the end. I'll post an update tomorrow, I have a sleepless child to look after tonight.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Ah yes, I can make out the hounds now...probably just my old eyes.

Helaku continues working his way invisibly around the edge of the keep. When he catches sight of the goblins once again he considers the situation, but only sees one goblin and decides to continue around the keep instead of casting a spell and potentially breaking his invisibility. Double move, go ahead and put me in between that small building and the keep.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

I will continue working my way up to the action by the entrance double move, but not putting myself on the frontline.


With a half-suppressed yell of joy, I see the goblin finally go down. Quickly surveying the battlefield, I draw another arrow from my quiver and take aim on another of the evil humanoids.

Attack, Longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage, Longbow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Status: AC: 19 - HP: 26/26

Qadira

Sorry everyone, whole family came down with stomach flu this week, to be honest haven't had the energy for doing anything on the computer after work. If everyone's still here, then back to our regularly scheduled program!

Round 4, continued, Round 5
Reaching the shadow of the keep, Ambrose presses his heels into Smoke, riding around the shack towards the road to flank the goblins.

Shaylar takes aim at another of the goblins, but his shot messes the mark this time. Meanwhile, Helaku and Aleste move up along the side of the keep towards the action, ready to lend some help.

Leonar takes advantage of Shaylar's shot to take a swing at the goblin before him with his scimitar. The cut is deep, nearly slicing the goblin in two,and it goes down. His cheetah mauls the remaining goblin, this time its claws gouging into the goblin's flesh. Not much remains of the goblin.

Keliwyn and Jorr move up to the rubble that is left of one of the towers, alert for any more attacks, and Jorr's dogs flock around him. You hear a scrambling sound coming from inside the keep, as well as howls coming from down the road, coming nearer.

Let me know if the positions where I've moved you are alright.
Updated Map

------

DM rolls:

cheetah bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
bite damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
cheetah claw 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
claw damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
cheetah claw 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
claw damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

The disembodied voice of Helaku speaks from an area between all of Jorr's hounds. "Sounds like we have company coming from both directions. Think I'd rather deal with the return of the worgs before pressing further into the keep. But, we'd better be prepared in case we get hit from both. What do you all think of using this narrow area to hold until we can kill the worgs."

My position is fine unless we decide to set up in between the keep and smaller structure. If we go there, I'll move back a little toward the woods.


"Good idea, Helaku. Better whittle 'em down one at a time and not have to face unknown dangers in the keep while being gnawed at our backs by those damned worgs."

CH, can you please move me to a new position? Four to the right and three up, putting me to the right of Jorr's dog and next to the wall of the little building.

301 to 350 of 1,092 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.