CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom

Game Master GeraintElberion

Characters must undertake vital missions in order to confront the relentless advance of a bloodthirsty horde.


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,064 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Yep, 200'

The elves accept their commands and rush forward on foot.
run action: 150'

Shaylar is up!


Leaving the flying to the giant owl, my hands move quickly and precisely as they send a storm of arrows towards one of the giants

Attack: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 27
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 16
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 11
Attack: Longbow (Second) 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 31
Damage: Longbow (Second) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 13
Attack: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 19
Damage: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 11
Status: current hp: 63/63 / AC: 19


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Two of Shaylar's arrows sink into the giant's hide
-40 to Giant A

The giant howls, while his companions shrug and continue their work.

Three giants fling their boulders at the wall.
attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 6 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 6 = 4
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 6 = 3
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

But the wounded figure throws his rock at Shaylar.
attack: 1d20 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 3 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

All three boulders aimed at the walls strike true, pounding into the structure.

Meanwhile, the boulder aimed at Shaylar also strikes the elf, glancing painfully against his hip and almost throwing his mount off its course.

Walls -24; Shaylar -16

Heroes may act!


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Helakuu and Soranna push the limits of the spell, at least knowing that it is quite a bit faster than any other viable method.

Helakuu Status: AC 18, HP 59/59, 180 ft from Gate zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.

Soranna Status: AC 23, HP 42/42, 120 ft from Gate, zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

Harek drives his boots into his mount's flanks, calling for battle and death to fall upon the evil giants.

"Ye've picked da wrong city ta fight, Ye daft smelly wool headed ninnys! Now ye die in blood an' pain!"

Run up to about 70' away from the closest giant, leaving a good charge line if possible.


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

Leonar continues to fly toward the Giants, casting Call Lightning Storm as he did so.


Suppressing a cry of pain "Yikes, that was entirely too close. And it hurts!" I taunt the giant, trying to make it angry enough to miss with his next throw. "That the best you can do? You sure you're one of those feared hill giants? The ones that can so accurately throw rocks? Maybe you're some sort of watered-down bloodline? I mean, my dead mother could throw harder than you just did. Maybe we should raise her and ask her to teach you? What do you think? Or is thinking beyond your meager abilities as well?"

Attack: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 31
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 16
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 12
Attack: Longbow (Second) 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 22
Damage: Longbow (Second) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 10
Attack: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 29
Damage: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 12
Status: current hp: 47/63 / AC: 19


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map
Helakuu wrote:

Helakuu and Soranna push the limits of the spell, at least knowing that it is quite a bit faster than any other viable method.

Helakuu Status: AC 18, HP 59/59, 180 ft from Gate zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.

Soranna Status: AC 23, HP 42/42, 120 ft from Gate, zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.

I think that flying creatures can still 'run' which would allow you to move 240ft in a round. Soranna might be slower, if she is wearing medium or heavy armour.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Shaylar kills his giant foe. It collapses in a shuddering mass of flesh and a boulder rolls from its position down the slope, gently passing Harek and nestling in a boggy ditch.


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Yes, they can. But sadly the spell I'm using to fly specifically forbids the run action. :(

Fly:
School transmutation; Level sorcerer/wizard 3

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, F (a wing feather)

Range touch

Target creature touched

Duration 1 min./level

Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

The subject can fly at a speed of 60 feet (or 40 feet if it wears medium or heavy armor, or if it carries a medium or heavy load). It can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, and its maneuverability is good. Using a fly spell requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The subject of a fly spell can charge but not run, and it cannot carry aloft more weight than its maximum load, plus any armor it wears. The subject gains a bonus on Fly skill checks equal to 1/2 your caster level.

Should the spell duration expire while the subject is still aloft, the magic fails slowly. The subject floats downward 60 feet per round for 1d6 rounds. If it reaches the ground in that amount of time, it lands safely. If not, it falls the rest of the distance, taking 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet of fall. Since dispelling a spell effectively ends it, the subject also descends safely in this way if the fly spell is dispelled, but not if it is negated by an antimagic field.

But no worries, he will be there in time and if not then the enemies will all be dead, which is even better!


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

The nearest giant turns his attention to Shaylar.
How close do you want to get? Will the owl land or circle?
attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 6 = 3
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The others bombard the wall.
attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 6 = 4
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

attack: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 6 = 1
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Throwing wildly, even one of the boulders misses the wall, thrown so high that it bounces a few times and then digs into the earth 40ft short.

Heroes are up!


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

With a quick motion and a few words not heard over the din of the battle, Helakuu winks out of existence. Soranna keeps up her flight, drawing her bow as she starts to get into range.

Standard to Cast Greater Invisibility on Self and then Fly 60 feet. Soranna Double Fly 80 feet and draw bow while moving.

Helakuu Status: AC 18, HP 59/59, Invisible and 260 ft from Giants zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.
Soranna Status: AC 23, HP 42/42, 300 ft from Giants, zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

As eagle Leonar flies closer, he directs a lightning bolt at the closest giant.

Damage 5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 6, 4) = 21

DC 21 Reflex for half.


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

Yippy kai ay!

Harek charges the closest giant, axe held high and brought down with a powerful overhand blow.

1d20 + 21 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 21 - 3 + 2 = 30 charging power attack, for 1d10 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 6 = 26 magical slashing damage.

"Yer doom wears a beard, an' he calls himself Harek Ironshirt! Ye gonna bleed an' die, yes fool giant!"


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

Once he gets close enough to one of the giant's to make an accurate charge, Ambrose kicks Smoke into full tilt, readying his lance to impale one of these large invaders. How good it feels to be in the saddle again, charging down a foe on the open field!

Making a mounted charge I benefit from Cavalier's Charge (+4 on the attack roll and I do not get an AC penalty), Mounted Mastery (+4 AC vs attacks readied and set against a charge, add Smoke's str bonus to damage), Spirited Charge (triple damage with a lance), and Mobility should I provoke any AoOs.

Mounted Lance Charge Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Damage: 3d8 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5, 7) + 15 + 5 = 36


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

reflex : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Alchemist 9 (HP 58/58; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +13)

Assuming you all attack the same foe.

Aleste, also atop a giant owl, adds an arrow to the attack.
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

The second giant is gasping in pain, seriously bloodied but somehow remains standing.

Giant B -83 hit points.

Still Shaylar and allies to act (Lions of Brindol? Elves? Sorannya?)


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Soranna double moved, she will start taking potshots next round.


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

The elves continue to run forward until they get in range to loose their arrows at the giants.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

One more round and the elves are in range.

Shaylar is up!


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

The Lions ride on; I don't think they've made it there in two rounds?


GM Elberion wrote:

How close do you want to get? Will the owl land or circle?

About 150 feet circling and flying an erratic pattern to make aiming more difficult for the giants.

Still circling around in the air above the giants a satisfied smile creeps onto my face when I see the first giant fall. Looking around for my next target, I see one of the giants already seriously booded. Retrieving the next series of arrows from my quiver, I unleash yet another storm of arrows.

Attack: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 34
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 13
Damage: Longbow (Manyshot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 10
Attack: Longbow (Second) 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 24
Damage: Longbow (Second) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 13
Attack: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 20
Damage: Longbow (Rapid Shot) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 15
Status: current hp: 47/63 / AC: 19


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Shaylar's first arrow fells the wounded giant and the others immediately turn their attentions to the heroes, ignoring the walls as they fight off this pesky pale-folk threat.
However, Shaylar also lands an arrow in another giant.
Giant C -13 hp

One throws at Shaylar.
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

While the uninjured one hefts its club and charges for Ambrose.
charge attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6) + 10 = 24


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

A powerful blow smashes into Ambrose.

Heroes are up!

Note, anyone engaging these guys in melee once they heft their clubs may provoke an AoO, although Ambrose can now 5ft step into range. This is an open plain, so manoeuvring mounts should be pretty easy. All mounts are combat-trained.

Archers may take move action and be in range for single attack with no range penalty. Lions of Brindol are in range to charge giants.

Actually, they have slam attacks so both will threaten AoO: forgot that last round.


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Helakuu continues zipping forward, though it is doubtful anyone sees him. His allies may notice a whooshing sound as he flies by, though he is still a decent distance from the giants. Soranna, tired of moving so slowly, knocks an arrow and releases it at long range at the one that has been slightly bloodied. She hopes for a lucky hit.

Actions/Rolls:
Double move Helakuu. Single Move Soranna and Standard to shoot her bow at the Injured Giant.

Longbow - Range x3: 1d20 + 12 - 6 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 6 = 19

Helakuu Status: AC 18, HP 59/59, Invisible and 140 ft from Giants zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground. Now finally in medium spell range...

Soranna Status: AC 21 (no shield w/ bow out), HP 42/42, 260 ft from Giants, zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

Harek laughs in glee as he's splashed with giant blood. He moves on to the next giant, forgoing a charge to his defenses high.

"Say goodbye te yer hamstrings, ye oversized pile a rotten bear fur an' drek!"

Defensive chop, no power attack for now: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 to hit, for 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 magical slashing damage. Current AC vs giants: 38


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

Ambrose reels from the terrible strike of the giant's club, but does not give quarter to the invader. He presses Smoke in for the attack, able to move into close quarter's with the giant in a swift step to avoid another blow from the club. As the steed moves, Ambrose draws his blade and rains a fury of attacks down on the giant, motes of chilling arctic light enhanced by the daylight aura burning around him. Smoke adds her own strength to the fight, lashing out with hooves and teeth.

Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 cold
Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 cold
Threat (Improved Critical: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Extra Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Smoke Hoof: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Smoke Hoof: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Smoke Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Teyani and the other three Lions of Brindol thunder forward in formation, whipping up into a charge on the giant nearest them.

Teyani Longsword (Charge, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 6) + 14 = 26
Lion 1 Longsword (Charge, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 4) + 14 = 22
Lion 2 Longsword (Charge, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 4) + 14 = 22
Lion 3 Longsword (Charge, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (3, 4) + 14 = 21

Ambrose HP: 67/91
Smoke HP: 62/62
Teyani HP: 45/45
Lion 1 HP: 45/45
Lion 2 HP: 45/45
Lion 3 HP: 45/45


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

The giant swings for Harek as he moves in to attack.
aoo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 = 15


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Harek, Ambrose and Teyani all tear into the wounded giant and it reels, blood pouring from many wounds, but does not fall.

Harek's arrows cut across the sky.
attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Shaylar's first arrow finishes off the wounded giant.
His last strikes the remaining immense foe.
-16hp to giant

The creature is wild-eyed as it moves up to swing at Harek, spluttering out in rough common, "Dirty, darn dwarfy."
greatclub: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 8) + 10 = 22


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Sorry about the delays. Heroes are up!


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

Eagle Leonar flies closer and directs another lightning bolt at the closest giant.

Damage 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 5, 5) = 23

DC 21 Reflex for half.

The elves run forward for another round, pulling their longbows as they did so.


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

"Aye, dat's right, ye big daft sack o' rotten maggot meat! An' dis darn dwarf gon' chop yer bloody ankles clean off 'a yer legs!"

Stepping in close, Harek delivers precise, defensive strikes at the giant, intent on toppling his over-large foe.

Defensively attack, no power attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 to hit, for 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 magical slashing damage; 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 to hit, for 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 magical slashing damage.

AC 38 vs giants, HP 99/99


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Helakuu, still invisible, zips forward and up a short bit, stopping briefly to concentrate on a spell. He mutters the words, "sparkle in the night, glitter in your eye!" He appears to pull a pinch of something out of a pocket and then flips it in the air towards the giant. A little above and behind the giant is a large explosion of sparkling glitter, which falls to the earth, coating everything.

Glitterdust cast, DC 18 Will save or Blinded.

Glitterdust:
School conjuration (creation); Level bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (ground mica)
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area creatures and objects within 10-ft.-radius spread
Duration 1 round/level
Save Will negates (blinding only); SR no
A cloud of golden particles covers everyone and everything in the area, causing creatures to become blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for the duration of the spell. All within the area are covered by the dust, which cannot be removed and continues to sparkle until it fades. Each round at the end of their turn blinded creatures may attempt new saving throws to end the blindness effect.

Any creature covered by the dust takes a –40 penalty on Stealth checks.

Helakuu, now visible, chuckles at the sight of the sparkly giant.

Helakuu Status: AC 18, HP 59/59, 100 ft from the Giant about 40 ft above the ground.

Soranna moves up, now a little more confident in her range to target, and looses an arrow at the remaining giant.

Longbow - 2nd Range Increment: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 29 for Piercing/Magic: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Soranna Status: AC 21, HP 42/42, 220 ft from Giants, zipping along about 10-20 ft above the ground.


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

Ambrose directs both Smoke and his fellow Lions to move in on the last giant, blades ringing down in a furious chant on the brute as they seek to end this threat for good.

Ambrose Sword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 cold
Smoke Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Teyani Longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Teyani Mount Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Lion 1 Longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Lion Mount Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Lion 2 Longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Lion Mount Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Lion 3 Longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Lion Mount Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Wife is in hospice at the moment. Please npc Shaylar as needed.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Your collective assualt overwhelms the giant, you hear a thin cheer from the battlements as the last giant falls and know that work crews should even now be repairing the damage.

You look around the low rise and see no allies alongside the giants.

Huge sacks lie on the floor beside the piles of boulders but they are not large enough to account for all of the boulders you see.

The gaints themselves wear scrappy, ill-kempt and motley leathers but each has a huge sash bearing the image of a red hand. Beside their might clubs, each giant has a large leather bag on its hip.

dc20 perception:
Peering into the darkness you see a hobgoblin camp 500ft further back. A force of hobgoblins, perhaps several hundred, are beginning to head your way.

What now?


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 perception

"Incoming gobbos. Bigguns, maybe a couple hundred hobs. Can't see da gear er banners, dunno how dey are set up. Figger we burn a couple, drop some trebuchet rocks on em, an' fall back at da kill zones. But first..."

Harek stomps over to the giants, pawing through their bags in a search for people, gold, or other valuables.

"Dis what ya got coming fee ya, gobbos! Did means yer death!"

He beheads the closest giant and quickly ties it's hair to his saddle, then prepares to head back with the others.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

GM screen:

2,540 gp
190 pp
24 gems and pieces of jewelry worth a combined total of 2,500 gp
a +1 arrow catching light wooden shield
+1 warhammer

Harek paws through the nearest giant's bag.

Harek:

The first bag is, for you, a massive sack, and contains a fine-looking light wooden shield, a small casket studded with opals and full of coins, and a dozen necklaces.

Then decapitates the foe.

The hobgoblins gather. We'll see what others do before Harek can rifle through any more baggage.


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

DM, call Lightning Storm has immense range that can hit targets welll over 500’ away. Can I Harry them with bolts until they arrive, hopefully reducing their number quite a bit? I’ve only used three bolts so far, so I’ve got six more to rout as many of the gobbos as possible.

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 4, 2) = 13

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 3, 4) = 18

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 5, 5) = 21

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 4, 2) = 14

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 3, 3) = 18

Bolt 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1, 6) = 25

DC 21Reflex for half.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Leonar’s bolts disrupt the troops movements. Landing amidst a tight-packed phalanx, the soldiers are jumping about and watching the skies until a commander orders them back.

In the flash of the last few bolts, you see the commanding hobgoblin calling up archers.

perception dc18:
and some kind of caster preparing a spell.

Shaylar lands to rest his owl but remains mounted, watching carefully.


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

Sorry to hear, Shayar..

When the final giant collapses, Ambrose raises his lance high to display the pennon affixed to it, letting out a roar of victory, if only to bolster the morale of the troops that can see. He does a swift scan of the area to ensure that his side had taken no casualties in this bout, and gives an approving nod to Teyani and the other Lions of Brindol.

When Harek mentions the oncoming force, Ambrose turns his eyes to the distance. He watches Leonar's display for a few moments, squinting at the lightning bolts as they fall amidst the advancing army.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"Archers and mages setting up over there," he says to those around him. "I'll contact Lord Jarmaath and the others."

He then speaks into his mind.

Lord Jarmaath, the giants are slain. A contingent approaches with archers and spellcasters. What are your orders.


Gallows Map GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4 Red Hand of Doom Map

Ambrose:
A slightly frazzled voice echoes through your mind, Ambrose, praise the saints! The walls are breached this side, fall back to the city. We need you!


NG Male Human Emissary 9 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 25, FF: 25, T: 12 | F +10, R +4, W +6 | Init +0, Perc +9

"The city has been breached! Form up, back to the walls!" Ambrose kicks into Smoke, bringing the mare up onto her hind legs as he yells out. "For Brindol!"

My lord, hold fast, we are on our way!


NG Human Sorcerer 9 | (Modifiers) Mage Armor, Fly 6 min, Haste 7/10 | HP: 59/59 | AC 15 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (14) | CMB: 3, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +7 | Speed 30ft, Flight 60 (good) | Metamagic Adept 2/2 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 (both +1 near Familiar) | Init: +7

Upon the awaited command, Helakuu hollers to Soranna, ”stay low, back to the walls. I’ll meet you there.” With that he angles up and back towards the city, using his faster flight to gain altitude while his archer friend moves straight back towards the walls. His goal is to get a wide view of the city as they come into town.


Male Lion Shaman 9 | AC (22) 16/12/14| HP 79/79 | F+11,R+7,W+11 | Init.+8| Perception+17 |

In animal form, the Druid can’t communicate with the archers. He can however, screech and point towards the rest of the team heading back to the walls. He flies back as quickly as his large wings carry him.


Melee: +1 keen waraxe+21/+16 (1d10+10 19-20/x3); Ranged: chakram +13 (1d8+4 20/x2) Range 30 Ammo 5 HP99/99 Fort +11 Ref +9 Will +7 (+5 vs Poison/Disease/Spell/SLA) AC 32 Touch 13 FF 30; Darkvision 60, Perception +17

"Dog's b&&&*#!s an' blast ye take hell, ya dammed gobo scum!"

Harek follows Ambrose, dragging the severed head (and bag of loot if possible) back to the city proper.

"Too much runnin' an chasin' fer proper fightin', here. Ain' no good tunnels er passages ta block an' hol' like right good dwarf cohorts shoul'"

He continues to grumble and kvetch all the way back.

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,064 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.