Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom

Game Master CrazyHedgehog

Characters must undertake vital missions in order to confront the relentless advance of a bloodthirsty horde.


1 to 50 of 1,123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Qadira

Who can stand against the Son of the Dragon?


DM

I can!

WhatamIdoin'now?

Qadira

Ha ha, great! Just rhetorical, wasn't sure if I needed to post something into the thread when I create it.


We will stop the Son of the Dragon! ;-)


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

[tap][tap][tap]Is this thing on? It's on.[/test]

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alright, I think we're ready to start!

The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. Down the road, the town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the nearby forest.

And exploration is one of the things that has brought you to Elsir Vale. After a successful career as an adventuring group in the prosperous realms to the nort-west, you felt it was time to head to new lands. Luckily, a rumor came your way that the abandoned Vraath Keep in the Witchwood contained treasure for anyone willing to delve its vaults.

For some of you, there might be other reasons that bring you to Elsir Vale. Perhaps you grew up in the communities of the Vale, or perhaps something else brings you here.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

So, that's Drellin's Ferry then.

I shoulder my pack: It'll be good to hit the treeline and get some shade. Even better if they've got an inn with some decent beds.


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Ambrose keeps a leisurely pace atop his handsome courser mare, Smoke, sunlight glinting off of both her armor and his own. He peels the glove from his left hand and runs it through his hair, shaking loose the dust of the road and scratches as his stubble. He glances down to his new companions, wondering how they were adjusting to the Vale's infamous summer dryness.

"Aye, it is down the road," he says, his voice soft and pleasant. "Welcome to Elsir Vale, friends. A hot, dry place to call home, but I name it mine. Drellin's Ferry is the first proper town along the Dawn Way. I've made rounds there once or twice. A quiet place, though not so much as these hamlets and farming thorps we've passed. It will be a good spot to rest, at least, and fill our bellies with a meal and wash the dirt from the Way. The folk there are amiable, if I recall." He takes a sip from his waterskin and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Perhaps you all will get to see Brindol some day. That is truly a fine city to behold, though still quite far."


Reminiscing:
Having spent the past several weeks hunting gnolls, I have been making my way to Drellin's Ferry. Even though alert for signs of danger, my mind wanders back to that fateful day when I came home to visit my parents during a break from my studies at the Acadamae Magicae. Instead of my parents, I was met by my uncle, dire news heavy on his heart. When he told me his brother, my father, had been killed together with my mother on their trip back home from visiting relatives in the Marth Forest. My world seemed to end, life no longer making sense nor being worth living. After weeks of grieving for my loss, I asked my uncle for help. Abandoning my studies, I turned to him to teach me the ways of the mountains and the wilderness. Show me how to kill the monsters that took away those I loved most in my life.

A few days ago:
Tracking gnolls in the Wyrmsmoke Mountains, I have seen signs that indicate something is brewing. Cutting the hunt short, I have decided to head towards Drellin's Ferry to warn the people of a threat growing in the mountains. The massing of goblinoids is threatening the peace and security in the Vale and people need to be made aware. Traveling through the twilight of dusk, my ears picked up the muted sounds of a campsite nearby. After dismounting I quietly led my horse closer to the source of the sounds, stopping outside the circle of light from the fire. Having observed the travelers for a while, I came to the conclusion that they were not likely to be hostile. Anouncing my presence, I entered their camp, hands empty in a sign of peace. "Greetings and well met, travelers. I am Shaylar. I overheard you talking about going to Drellin's Ferry. I am heading that way as well. Would you mind sharing your fire with me tonight?"

Present day:
Riding alongside Ambrose, I let out a sigh as I cast my gaze over the valley before us, looking at Drellin's Ferry as it lies in the distance. "Right you are, Aleste. A bit of shade would be most welcome, indeed. And judging from the look of things, Fang agrees with you as well." Upon hearing his name, the large black wolf trotting beside my horse, tongue hanging out from between the long gleaming white teeth that give the animal his name, looks up and barks in agreement. Taking my waterskin, I take a few sips of water, swirling the lukewarm liquid through my mouth before spitting it out, along with the dust of the road. After drinking a few sips, I replace the waterskin and point towards the Ferry. "I for one am glad to get there. I long for a decent glass of wine or even a mug of ale. First I need to report what I've found and then I'm gonna buy us all a few drinks. You guys coming?" Setting my horse in motion, I make my way towards Drellin's Ferry at a light canter.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

I wave to Shaylar: Have an ale waiting. and carry on trudging toward the town.

Not enough money left for a mount, Aleste is walking.

Qadira

DM rolls:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Aleste 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Ambrose 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Helaku 1d20 ⇒ 3
Shaylar 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Aleste 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Ambrose 1d20 ⇒ 20
Helaku 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Shaylar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

------

As you make your way along, the road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong.

Sensing danger, Shaylar reins in his horse, allowing the others to catch up. Ambrose and Aleste too are alert, though Helaku is slow to react. Looking around, you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors - tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces - are lying in wait!

Six humanoids are hiding amongst the trees along either side of the road, using the trees for cover as well as concealment. Attempting to ambush you, the only character surprised this round is Helaku. Everyone else can act normally, and Helaku can join in next round (round 1).

Surprise Round
Initiative
25 - Helaku (round 1)
20 - Shaylar
20 - Ambrose
13 - Aleste
6 - humanoids

Qadira

A map of the area can be found here . Ambrose and Shaylar outlined in gold to represent they are mounted.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

Ambush, what kind of greenhorns do they think we are? I look around at the rest of the group and see that Shaylar and Ambrose are alert, so I give Helaku a nudge in the arm and hiss Ambush between my teeth whilst plucking my mutagen from a pouch and knocking it back.
Dex mutagen, duration 50 minutes, +4 dex, -2 wisdom, +2 natural AC

Qadira

Updated initiative
25 - Helaku
24 - Shaylar
20 - Ambrose
13 - Aleste
6 - humanoids


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

"Form up! Enemies in the trees!" Ambrose yells as he instinctively snatches up his lance that hangs along the side of Smoke by weapon cords affixed to the saddle and readies his shield.

Current Status:

Ambrose -
52/52 HP
21 AC (21 FF, 10 Touch)

Smoke -
47/47 HP
22 AC (19 FF, 12 Touch)


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Sorry guys, hadn't realized the IC thread was underway until the latest OOC posts. Duh, should have just clicked on it, but was expecting to see X new. Note that Helaku gets the Alertness feat when Abukcheech is within arm's reach, but it wouldn't have mattered this time.
As Aleste nudges him, Helaku is stirred from the depths of his thoughts. Ambush, what? I can't believe I allowed my mind to drift like that. It must be the seeming peace of this vale. What are they?
Free Action: Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Qadira

Helaku, from your knowledge you can make out that they are hobgoblin warriors. And thanks for the Alertness reminder, that is something that I tend to forget.

I'll give Shaylar a chance to respond, then I'll move it forward.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

I've added it to my character sheet in a more obvious way now. I think that will help both of us.


"Ambush! To arms! Fang, stay close!"
Without conscious thought comes action as I drop the reigns of Dapples and snatch my bow from my back, an arrow being nocked at the same time as I line up for a shot. From the corner of my eye, I see Ambrose bring his lance to bear and Aleste is reaching for one of the vials in his pouch. Not waiting to see what the alchemist is going to become, I let go of the first arrow, immediately drawing a second one from the quiver on my back.


Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
AC: 19
Current hp: 26/26


Male Elf Rogue 5

Somewhere in a tavern in Drellin's Ferry, Keliwyn plays a game of towers with his Harrow Deck, while he enjoys a glass of wine and conversation with the regulars.

"So, has anyone heard of any unusual goblin activity?" he asks in passing.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Qadira

Surprise Round
With the sound of humanoids forming up in the trees around you, you jump into action. Shaylar calls his wolf to him and fires an arrow at the nearest humanoid, but the arrow is lost in the trees. Ambrose readies his lance and shield, hunkering down to avoid any incoming arrows until he can join battle. Aleste takes the time to drink mutagen, improving his agility and dexterity, while Helaku is a bit slow to react to the situation.

Suddenly arrows are incoming from either side of the road. Two are aimed at Shaylar and his mount, one glancing off the Dapples' rump. Another two arrows skip off the armor and barding of Ambrose and his horse. With the mutagen coursing through his veins, Aleste manages to dodge on arrow that lodges in the ground just where he was standing, while Helaku ducks as another arrow whistles past his head.

6 points of damage to Dapples the horse. End of surprise round, Helaku can act normally next round.

Meanwhile, in Drellin's Ferry...

Keliwyn finds himself in The Green Apple, one of two places in the small town where one can get a drink and where the locals themselves prefer to gather. Taking your time to start conversations and gain the trust of the locals, you note that the atmosphere is subdued. Further inquiry elicits much nervous talk about the town being under attack. Hobgoblin raiders have been harrying local settlements for several days now. They've attacked and killed people in the outlying homesteads, and they've been waylaying travelers along the Dawn's Way. The hobgoblins and their kin have raided in the past, but this seems different, they seem bolder and more organized. The town council seems to be taking it seriously as well; Captain Soranna has called up the reserve militia, and Town Speaker Wiston has been approaching individuals he's hoping might have the skills to repel the raiders. It doesn't look like he's found anyone so far, so the guard have just been focusing on keeping the town safe.

Good roll!


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

"Hobgoblins! Sorry for napping there everyone!" Helaku's fingers weave in a quick action and then he thrusts his arm out toward the closest hobgoblin. "Burn." Casts scorching ray.
Attack (Ranged Touch) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage (Scorching Ray) 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 1) = 15


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Ambrose wheels about in response to the rain of arrows, hoisting his shield up more than he was before. He then scowls, seeing that he will be unable to charge Smoke up the ridge for a deathblow. Still, not wanting to waste time, he points his lance at the middle hobgoblin at the left side of the road and puts his heels into his mount, urging her up the slope before setting upon the archer. "Brindol!" he calls as he closes in and strikes.

Moving to the spot 2 squares above the middle hobgoblin on the left side to strike with the lance at reach, gaining +1 higher ground bonus.

Ride Check (Guiding with knees as to use both lance and shield)(DC 5): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Lance Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Lance Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

Is that a charge from Ambrose? If so, a charge with a lance does double damage.

Not wanting to start a forest fire, I chuck an acid bomb at the nearest standing foe.
touch attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) + 3 = 9


Using both my voice and my knees to keep Dapples calm, I let out a curse as I see my arrow miss the hobgoblin I targeted. Drawing back on the second arrow, I send it after the first one, along with a short prayer to Cayden Cailean. Unfortunately, Dapples is not calming down and his restlessness is making aiming difficult. "Either that or my prayer is not reaching the ears of the 'Accidental God'."


Ride: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Status Shaylar:
AC: 19
Current hp: 26


Status Dapples:
AC: 11
Current hp: 9/15


Status Fang:
AC: 14
Current hp: 13/13

Qadira

dice:

concealment miss chance Helaku ranged touch 1d100 ⇒ 57
concealment miss chance Shaylar ranged attack 1d100 ⇒ 53
concealment miss chance Aleste ranged touch 1d100 ⇒ 95
splash damage miss 1d8 ⇒ 5
hobgoblin splash damage reflex save DC 15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

hobgoblin 2 longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Shaylar
hobgoblin 4 longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Shaylar
hobgoblin 5 longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Helaku
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
hobgoblin 6 longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Aleste
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

------
Round 1
Leaping into action, Helaku releases a powerful ray at the hobgoblin shooting at him from the trees. However, the hobgoblin is hiding behind the trunk of a tree and the ray unfortunately is blocked by the tree, scorching its trunk.

Shaylar fires another arrow at the hobgoblins. It too, sticks into a tree, and the hobgoblin leers back at the elf.

Ambrose nimbly guides his mount up the bank towards the nearest opponent. He strikes it with his lance, and the hobgoblin retreats deeper into the trees ( withdrawal ). I think Ambrose's description is correct, unfortunately because of the slight bank and the underbrush I'm not sure he can get an effective charge on his horse.

At the same time, Aleste unleashes one of his acid bombs against one of the hobgoblins. It strikes the ground next to the creature, and it dives for cover, managing to avoid any ill effects from the splashing acid. Totally did not expect it to make that save!

Meanwhile, the hobgoblins continue to pelt you with arrows. A couple are distracted, one trying to retreat from underneath Ambrose's lance and another converging to help, drawing his sword. The others continue to target those still on the road, an arrow each managing to get through Helaku's and Aleste's defenses. 9 points of damage to Helaku, 5 points of damage to Aleste. These might possibly be the deadliest goblinkin I've come across, they've been getting good rolls.

Qadira

Updated map here.


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6
CrazyHedgehog wrote:
I think Ambrose's description is correct, unfortunately because of the slight bank and the underbrush I'm not sure he can get an effective charge on his horse.

Indeed. Can't charge through difficult terrain...and it would have been triple damage thanks to Spirited Charge!

Round 2

Ambrose grunts at the fleeing hobgoblin. "Coward! he yells, making to pursue it, but then notices the one nearby who drew the sword. This one is braver... he mutters softly. Lowering his lance at that one, he knees Smoke into another advance. "You'll not prey on these lands!"

Ride to guide: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Lance Attack (higher ground): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Lance Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Not sure which hobgoblin drew the sword, but I believe I can make it to within 10 ft. of either of them, so whichever one it was, I go for.

Current Status:

Ambrose -
52/52 HP
21 AC (21 FF, 10 Touch)

Smoke -
47/47 HP
22 AC (19 FF, 12 Touch)


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

We're sitting ducks, get off the road.

I roar in pain as I pull the arrow out of the wound. Then I charge into the woods on my right heading directly west

And prepare another acid-bomb, fingers working frantically to manipulate the ingredients correctly before flinging them through the trees toward the nearest foe.
touch attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
acid damage 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) + 4 = 15


Male Elf Rogue 5

Back at the Green Apple, Keliwyn considers the information he's hearing and starts to consider his next move - how to safely investigate things further. In the meantime, he continues to enjoy himself, playing Towers and taking on all comers.


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

"I'm afraid heading toward the hobgoblins is not my idea of a good time. If its all the same to you, I think I'll try to take one of them out before going that way."
Attacking the hobgoblin on my side of the road.
Attack (Ranged Touch) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage (Scorching Ray) 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 1) = 11


Letting out another curse, I suddenly decide against knocking using another arrow. Pointing my extended arm towards the hobgoblin leering at me, a tiny, bluish bolt shoots forward, unerringly striking the hobgoblin in the face, wiping away its irritating smirk.
"Take that, you ugly son of a mangy dog!"

Fang is growling and jumping about, eager to rush the hobgoblins and tearing their throats out, anticipating the moment he'll be set loose.


Attack: Magic Missile
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Status Shaylar:
AC: 19
Current hp: 26


Status Dapples:
AC: 11
Current hp: 9/15


Status Fang:
AC: 14
Current hp: 13/13

Starting to hate these, obviously prejudiced ;-), dice.


Male Elf Rogue 5

Hmmmm . . . that's supposed to be Shaylar, and not Cat, right?


Keliwyn T'Alios wrote:
Hmmmm . . . that's supposed to be Shaylar, and not Cat, right?

Yep. Sorry 'bout that. Couldn't change it anymore, when I noticed.

Everything else in the post is correct. Just forgot to change from my primary alias to my Shaylar alias.

Qadira

dice rolls:

hobgoblin 1 sword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
hobgoblin 2 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
hobgoblin 3 sword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
hobgoblin 4 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
hobgoblin 6 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage arrow 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Aleste perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Ambrose perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Helaku perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Shaylar perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

------
Round 2
The fighting is fierce; these creatures seem well trained. Helaku unleashes another scorching ray at one of the hobgoblins in the trees. This time, it manages to hit him just as he leans out to launch another arrow. The creature squeals in pain as it burns.

Shaylar resorts to his magical training, unleashing a magic missile at the enemy. It does hit, and the hobgoblin dives for cover.

Ambrose moves on to meet the hobgoblin coming at him with a sword. He levels his lance at the creature, but it manages to duck under the point and remains a threat.

Aleste meanwhile finds cover in the trees, and lobs another acid bomb at the same hobgoblin that Helaku had managed to hit. Just getting to his feet, the hobgoblin isn't ready for the attack and screams again as the acid splatters all over him. The hobgoblin collapses.

The hobgoblins are still a threat. Apart from Ambrose, the rest of you you hear a guttural prayer in Goblin, and the hobgoblins you are facing on the west side (right) of the road seem to be invigorated and return to the fight. At the same time, a heavily muscled hobgoblin with two swords emerges from the ruined farmhouse, heading towards Ambrose. He stops a moment, turning to shout up the farm track behind the ruin before turning back to the battle. Two creatures resembling thin, lanky wolves but with reddish brown fur, white claws and fiery burning eyes run ahead of the swordsman.

The other hobgoblins refocus their attack. One of the hobgoblins attempts to reach Ambrose with his sword. He's unsuccessful, but he is joined by the hobgoblin that ran into the woods and he too hounds the cavalier. Fortunately, Ambrose is able to block all their attacks with his strong armor.

Meanwhile the hobgoblins across the road continue to try and pelt you with arrows. Two target Shaylar but are unable to pin him down, and one narrowly misses Helaku.

You can hear bestial warcries coming from beyond the ruin - reinforcements!

Qadira

Keliwyn T'Alios wrote:
Back at the Green Apple, Keliwyn considers the information he's hearing and starts to consider his next move - how to safely investigate things further. In the meantime, he continues to enjoy himself, playing Towers and taking on all comers.

Or, perhaps you feel like taking a stroll up the road? :)

If there's a plausible reason you might be travelling west on the Dawn Way, I'm happy to assume your information gathering took place earlier and that you're now approaching the battle, if you are wanting to join in the action. Perhaps you wanted to recon the area and see if you could find where the hobgoblin raiders you heard about were hiding.

Qadira

Shaylar Kallanereth wrote:
Keliwyn T'Alios wrote:
Hmmmm . . . that's supposed to be Shaylar, and not Cat, right?

Yep. Sorry 'bout that. Couldn't change it anymore, when I noticed.

Everything else in the post is correct. Just forgot to change from my primary alias to my Shaylar alias.

Ha, that's funny. I'm so used to seeing Cat's icon in our Serpent's Skull game that it took me ages to realize it was out of place.


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

If there are more enemies, can we get a map update? It's really helpful for me choosing my bombs and where to chuck them (I have the explosive bombs discovery so can, in theory, hit a lot of foes at once with splash damage).

Qadira

Aleste wrote:
If there are more enemies, can we get a map update? It's really helpful for me choosing my bombs and where to chuck them (I have the explosive bombs discovery so can, in theory, hit a lot of foes at once with splash damage).

Sorry Aleste, had an interruption before I could upload the new map . From the sound of it, there are more enemies heading your way too, from the same direction that small farmtrack is heading (off the map to the west).


Male Human Alchemist 7 (HP 42/42; AC18; Initiative +3; Perception +11)

Concerned for Ambrose, I step through the trees and send another acid bomb artfully spinning through the air toward his foes.

attacking northerly foe of Ambrose, using precise bombs to protect him from the splash damage.
touch attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
damage 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) + 4 = 14


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Do I get an attack of opportunity against that second hobgoblin that closes into melee with me? With the lance out I threaten out to 10 ft. with reach.

Wheeling about, Ambrose does his best to deflect the sword-blows of his assailants, muttering a thanks to Heironeous as he succeeds. Feeling boxed in, he drops his lance and snatches up his battleaxe and commands Smoke into an attack as well, lashing out at the hobgoblin right below him. He shouts a wordless battle cry as Smoke rears up to strike.

Smoke Bite Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Smoke Hoof Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Hoof Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Smoke Hoof Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Hoof Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ride Check to Attack Along With Mount (DC 10): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Ambrose Battleaxe Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Battleaxe Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Stats:
AC 14/14/11 HP 20/46 F+4 R+6 W+5 Init +7 Per +0/+2

Round 3

Helaku moves forward, taking a position on the road in front of Fang. Turning to the approaching hobgoblin, he laughs, "Oh wait, I know a good one. A hobgoblin and a flumph walk into a bar and..."
Casts hideous laughter (DC 19)

Status:

AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 11. . (+3 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 25/34


Male Elf Rogue 5

Keliwyn arrives on the scene put me on the road in the SE and immediately let's loose with an arrow at the nearest wolf creature.

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6

After loosing his shot, he immediatley melts into the neighboring underbush on the north side of the road.

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30


Even as the hobgoblin dives back into cover, I curse when I notice the magic missile did not as much damage as it should have. "But at least it hit, Shay. Now let see if you can do that with your bow." Drawing another arrow from the quiver on my bak, I nock it and take aim at one of the hobgoblin archers, letting go when I have acquired my target.

Attack Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Status Shaylar:
AC: 19
Current hp: 26


Status Dapples:
AC: 11
Current hp: 9/15


Status Fang:
AC: 14
Current hp: 13/13

Think I need to retire my bow. I was gonna say I need to shoot the dicebot, but I'm sure I would miss :-P


NG Male Human Emissary 6 | HP: 69/69 | AC: 21, FF: 21, T: 10 | F +8, R +2, W +4 | Init +0, Perc +6

Not that it would have helped this time, but I think your longbow attack bonus should be +10? (4 bab, 4 dex, 1 weapon focus, 1 enhancement)


You're right. Thanks, Shawn

Qadira

Keliwyn initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Updated initiative
25 - Helaku
24 - Shaylar
20 - Ambrose
17 - Keliwyn
13 - Aleste
6 - humanoids

DM rolls:

Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Shaylar concealment miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 93
Ambrose aoo lance 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Ambrose damage lance 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Aleste concealment miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 75
Ambrose Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Hobgoblin 2 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Hobgoblin 4 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hobgoblin 6 bow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Hobgoblin 2 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Hellhound 1 Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Hellhound 2 breath weapon damage 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Shaylar Ref save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Dapples Ref save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Helaku Ref save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Hellhound 2 breath weapon 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

-------
Round 3

Helaku moves up near Fang and Shaylar, unleashing a spell on the newcomer brandishing two swords and teasing the warrior with some choice humor. Suddenly, the fearsome looking hobgoblin collapses on the ground in fits of manic laughter, rolling around with tears streaming down from his eyes!

At the same time, Shaylar continues to try and pin down the archers on the far side with his own attacks. The arrow thunks into a tree not far from one of the archers, causing it to flinch.

Ambrose meanwhile meets the returning hobgoblin with the point of his lance, and skewers the vile goblin before he can close to attack ( You're right, Ambrose should indeed have gotten an A.o.O.; to move the game along I've rolled it on your behalf this occasion. ) Then, dropping his lance in order to draw his battleaxe, he lashes out at the other hobgoblin in front of him, landing a solid blow. Smoke rears up and hits out as well, catching the hobgoblin hard on the shoulder. It staggers on its feet.

Unexpectedly, a cloaked traveller appears, coming up the road from Drellin's Ferry. His features look perhaps elven, but the cloak makes him indistinct. However, he leaps to your aid, bringing up a bow and burying an arrow deep in the side of one of the burning, dog-like things. Then, he sprints across the road into the underbrush, disappearing with hardly a trace.

Aleste moves through the trees to help Ambrose with his assailant, throwing another acid bomb. It strikes the hobgoblin squarely in the face, and the hobgoblin goes down screaming as the acid eats away at the flesh; it goes down and lies still.

Arrows continue to rain down from the hobgoblins concealing themselves in the trees. One arrow manages to hit Shaylar ( 4 points of damage to Shaylar ), though others targeted at Fang and Helaku miss their targets. Ambrose can feel some sort of magic effect trying to hold him in place and keep him from moving, but with concentration he is able to shake off the compulsion. Then, suddenly, the two flaming hounds join the fray. The one that was hit by the traveller's arrow changes course to head towards that side of the road, using all its senses to find its assailant but to no avail. The other charges towards those still in the road. As it closes, it breathes a small gout of fire that engulfs Shaylar, his horse Dapples, and Helaku in flame. Helaku, Shaylar, and Dapples each take 11 points of fire damage.

Qadira

Having trouble uploading a map, will try again tomorrow. :(

Qadira

Updated map


Male Elf Rogue 5

Round 4 go?

1 to 50 of 1,123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CrazyHedgehog's Red Hand of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.