Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Crayfish's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Game Master Crayfish Hora

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with very easy mechanics.


1 to 50 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Heavy rain poured down upon the land, stray Pokemon caught in the tree-bending wind were having difficulties finding shelter and solace from the storm. The larger and the heavier Pokemon secured who they could and most of the others were gathered in wreckage of a large ship along the shoreline.

Mayor Wigglytuff stood up on a box, the ship creaking as the wind wrestles with it, "I do hope everyone is safe. These storms have been springing up too often, I do say." He shook his soaked top hat (the mayor hat) , placing it on his head. An Onix, with a large frown on his face, rested against the ship's ceiling, the rain leaking onto his miserable form, "Ho hum."

A Furret waved herself throughout the crowd, taking a headcount. Secretary Furret was busy counting when a Skiploom started shouting, "Sunkern! Sunkern! Has anyone seen my friend, Sunkern?" Mayor Wigglytuff wiggled his whiskers, "Now calm down, calm down everyone! We will have our exploration teams search for them in the morning, when the storm has calmed down. There is no need to panic!" Several Pokemon seemed to disagree, chatting among themselves.


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van heard the disgruntled response to Mayor Wigglytuff's announcement and quickly ran some calculations regarding the danger outside. the Beldum floated toward the front of the crowd to approach the mayor. In a cool, almost robotic voice it spoke above the storm. "I will find Sunkern." The words were concise, the pokémon showed no fear.


Farfetch'd 5 | HP 21/21

Howar'd the Farfetch'd was grumpy and serious even for an angry duck Pokemon. He scratched the feathers underneath his beak with his big leek stalk and moved sideways, trying to approach the mayor and the Beldum speaking to him. The Farfetch'd kept his silence, though.


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

I approach Vanadium and say: "You show courage. Mind if I join you?"


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van's singular eye turns toward the fire type towering over it. "Any and all assistance will be accepted."


Litwick | Lvl:5 | 21/21 hp

"In rain like this, you're bound to catch your deaths." Shulla slides forward. "This is a time for staying warm by the fire and watching a spinarak spin their web." The litwick's flame crackles cozily.


Genderfluid Ditto 5 HP: 21/21
PP:
Transform 9/10

N1 huddled down in the wind, the rain bouncing off the ditto's rubbery form. It wouldn't do to be blown away, which seemed a likely outcome in this weather. Still a smaller part of zir mind seemed to whisper, Spread out into a sheet. Fly away! Flying is fun. Flying is freedom. Or was that wrong? Was flying bad? When had zie flown before? Dittos had no wings.

It was at this moment that N1 caught sight of the farfetch'd. He had wings, so he would know if flight was good, right? Should I go ask him? As zie contemplated what action to take, the ditto began to vibrate silently in thought, slowly starting to take on the form of the bird. The rain now slid off of waxed wings instead of bouncing as a new taste greeted new duck taste buds. But no, it wasn't knew. N1 had known it all his life as a farfetch'd. The air felt good ruffling his feathers. Wings spread just enough to enjoy the breeze without taking off. Flying was great, but it could be dangerous in such weather.

The new farfetch'd then began also edging sideways towards the mayor.


Male Fennekin Lvl. 5 | HP 20/20

"No, we should go search Sunkern!" protests Fuki, standing near Shulla. "We're not going alone. It's much safer as a group."

The fidgety fennekin can't stay in one place - he skips around Shulla and seems restless to do something, not just waiting.


Litwick | Lvl:5 | 21/21 hp

Shulla passes a nub of wax over the blue flame, making it burn brighter. "Fuki, darling, it's raining. Rain is inside time..." Effort is expended in avoiding a patronizing tone, but it fails. "Bu-ut if you insist, I suppose I should follow. That way I can properly haunt your house afterward."

Sczarni

Mayor Wigglytuff sets his large eyes on each of the other Pokemon, "The safety of the town is of the most importance, as well as everyone inside. But those outside the town are equally important! I'll allow it."

Before the Mayor could ask her, Secretary Furret hustled over to those willing to go out into the storm, "Make sure to sign this waiver. Injuries received during this un-sanctioned mission, will not be the cause of Mayor Wigglytuff's decision."

After everyone signed, Secretary Furret looked over the names and the Pokemon, "Do be careful out there." Skiploom hopped towards the others, [b]"My darling Sunkern! With the winds as they are, they likely tossed him into the Deep, Dark Woods! Please, you must find him!"


Genderfluid Ditto 5 HP: 21/21
PP:
Transform 9/10

Having now sidestepped more or less right up to the group, N1 the farfetch'd squawked as a piece of paper hit his head. He managed to catch the end of the furret's first sentence: "...sign this waiver." So he attempted to do so with his piece of leek without really reading the thing. It was...rather awkward as the combination of his wings and the vegetable that wasn't meant as a writing utensil did not combine well. The end result was a completely illegible scribble.

N1 has just begun to contemplate how useful opposable thumbs would be, vibrating ever so slightly, when the piece of paper in question was whisked away. He looked around in confusion as now a skiploom seemed to be addressing him. And a few others. "Find...sunkern? What sunkern? ....which sunkern?" Was he a sunkern? Were they looking for him? But he was right here. And he had a name. Why didn't people seem to like names?


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Beldum signs the waiver, manipulating the provided quill with its psychic abilities. "Understood. Are we ready to proceed?"


Litwick | Lvl:5 | 21/21 hp

Shulla dabs the paper with one waxy appendage, leaving behind a seal with a small flame-like whirl.


Male Fennekin Lvl. 5 | HP 20/20

Fuki slaps his paw on the waiver. "Let's go!"


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

Fumbling with the pen a bit, I manage to write my signature, though messy.
"Sorry, I'm something of a klutz with pens."
He then looks to the rest of the group.
"Is everyone ready to go then?"


Farfetch'd 5 | HP 21/21

Howar'd was a little confused with all the expected mess, but advanced and signed too. At least it was an excuse to do something different. He found weird for a moment to see another Farfetch'd around - they're quite rare, since the Humans started taking a taste for foie gras - but he was a little too grumpy to go talk to the other one, and simply started admiring how his leek was larger than the other's.


Male Charmander 5

Xipil looked out at the storm going on outside and sighed. He had been planning to go see if the Kecleon Brothers were going to let him work at the smoothie bar, but... well, this was more important.

"Can I go too? I'll sign and everything. I just need a leaf or something for my tail." He didn't wait for said leaf/something before he took the pen and wrote his name in footprint runes.


Cyndaquil | ♂ | Lvl. 5 | HP: 18/20
PP:
Tackle: 33/35 | Leer: 30/30

Upon hearing the mayor's decision, Mokhir felt a surge of excitement; a rescue mission would be a fine chance for proving oneself. Weaving through the crowd, the Cyndaquil makes known its presence and its willingness to help.

"Hold up!," Mokhir cried, "You aren't leaving without me! If I must, I'll burn down the entire woods to find that Sunkern, regardless of the storm!" The Cyndaquil signs the waiver with a brush of its ash-covered paw, then tries to look intimidating as its back bursts into a display of coruscating flames.


Genderfluid Ditto 5 HP: 21/21
PP:
Transform 9/10

Hopefully Howar'd never realizes the leeks are literally identical. :-P

N1 was confused. What were they doing? Why were they looking for a sunkern? Was it any sunkern? What was the sunkern's name? The farfetch'd began to shake, not from the terrible weather but from the stress of confusion. Everyone else seemed to know what was going on. Why didn't he?

Then the loud and confident cyndaquil ran up. He wasn't stressed. He wasn't confused. He was a man with plan and possibly a canal. And then just like that, so was N1 the cyndaquil. "Yes! We will burn down the woods!" He declared as he started marching towards the woods in question, oblivious to the fact that the rain was now at least 10 times more unpleasant.


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

I run up to N1.
"Whoa there buddy. Nobody is burning up the forest. Other pokémon live ther. We just need to go in, grab Sunflora's kid, and get out."


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van scans the other pokémon that have come forward. "Before we embark, I suggest we procure some form of protection from the elements for those of you possessing open flame. There is no use saving one pokémon if we lose four during the mission. Perhaps some palm branches or cloth from this ship will suffice."


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

"That might be a bit of a problem. You see, I'm something of a klutz."

Sczarni

Those that needed protection found comfort in the tall leaves and the cloth around the ship, but it wasn't until the large onix moved above the travelers that the rain seemed much less of a problem. The rock-snake sighed heavily as the rain pelted him, but the wind was nowhere near strong enough to blow him away. Looking down at the others, he kept himself over them as much as possible "Worry not. I will cover you." He had a deep, resounding voice. Though the rain wasn't good for Mr. Onix either.

Through the town and past the many shops that all held closed signs that were wiggling about with the wind messing with their strings. Past the town, off in the westerly lands, there was the entrance to the Deep, Dark Woods. Mr. Onix curled himself up, resting his head on his stone body, "Ho hum...I'll wait here. Be safe."


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

"Thank you for your assistance, Mr. Onix. Unless there are any further questions or precautions you feel needs to be made-" Van's eye scans its allies, checking to see if everyone is still alright. "I suggest we make our way into the Deep, Dark Woods quickly."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Litwick | Lvl:5 | 21/21 hp

As the group heads into the woods, Shulla stops, suddenly reminded of something. Turning back to the onyx, the litwick nudges a bead of dripping wax away from one eye. "If we don't return, I have filed a will and testament with the Mayor's Secretary detailing how Fuki is to be buried. He said he wouldn't need one but, here we are." The laughter that follows is... giddy.


Cyndaquil | ♂ | Lvl. 5 | HP: 18/20
PP:
Tackle: 33/35 | Leer: 30/30

"Thanks, Mr. Onix." Mokhir starts towards the Deep, Dark Woods, yelling "Come on! there's no time to waste!" as he enters.


Male Fennekin Lvl. 5 | HP 20/20

"Thanks!"

"Yes! Come on!"
Fuki hops towards the woods and starts calling the missing pokemon. "Sunkern! Sunkern!"


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van studies the forest ahead, looking for Sunkern or any less friendly pokémon.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

I look to Fuki.

"Quiet please. You're going to attract a bunch of Pokemon. So please, quieter."

I will also look around, trying to find Sunkern or any threats, treasure, or any passages.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Sczarni

Floor 1.

Map

The rain batters the trees outside, but within the forest, the land is quite damp but not stifling. The brief respite of the tight pathway of trees leads to an opening with three possible passages. Despite Fuki's so-excited-voice, there's no Pokemon besides the explorers in this area.

North, North-East, and East. And if one of you finds the stairs down, you all travel to the next floor.


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van continues eyeing the forest and addresses the other pokémon. "Without any additional information, I advise we proceed through the leftmost passageway." With this, the sapient hunk of metal floats toward the northern passage.


Litwick | Lvl:5 | 21/21 hp

Shulla slides along with the beldum. "Oooh, like a catacomb! I like the way you think."


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

"Sounds good with me. I"m willing to trust you."


Cyndaquil | ♂ | Lvl. 5 | HP: 18/20
PP:
Tackle: 33/35 | Leer: 30/30

"If we split up, we can find this Sunkern faster. I'll take the eastern path. Who's with me?"
Mokhir waits for any traveling companions, then travels to the East.


Male Fennekin Lvl. 5 | HP 20/20

"Sorry," whispers Fuki. "I'll try to be more quiet."

"There are eight of us," the fennekin agrees. "We'll just interfere with each other if we all go together. Let's split up."

Yeah, let's split up, what can possibly go wrong? :)


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van turns to Mokhir as he speaks. "Your conclusion is a logical one. I will not argue."


Male Charmander 5

"I'll go with you. If any of the crazed Dungeon Pokemon show up we can claw them up, yeah?" Xipil asks as he holds up his claws. Now that he was actually in a Mystery Dungeon he wasn't feeling too confident, but they also had a Blaziken with them, so things probably weren't going to be to bad, right?


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

Looking relieved, Blaze says "Then I'm going with the Beldum, Fuki, and the Charmander."
Then looking to Van and Xipil, "Also, I haven't caught your names. Might be good to know in here."


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

"As names are a common phenomenon among many pokémon, I have adopted Vanadium as mine. Most refer to me as Van, however."


Genderfluid Ditto 5 HP: 21/21
PP:
Transform 9/10
Blake the Blaziken wrote:

I run up to N1.

"Whoa there buddy. Nobody is burning up the forest. Other pokémon live ther. We just need to go in, grab Sunflora's kid, and get out."

N1 the cyndaquil almost hesitated. But that was not the fiery pokemon's way! "If that's how we find Sunflora, then that's how we find Sunflora." However, the threat of burning down the forest became increasingly less prominent as the march continued and N1 gradually returned to zir ditto form, pace noticeably slowing as this happened.

So it looks like one group is Van the beldum, Fuki the fennekin, Xipil the charmander, and Blake the blaziken heading North. I guess that puts me, Mokhir the cyndaqil, Shulla the litwick, and Howar'd the farfetch'd in the other group, which I think is heading East?

Now much more uncertain, N1 looked around as the pokemon around started to split into groups. Zie wobbled over to the less talkative of the two sets. "I...guess we are together? Shall we head out?"


Farfetch'd 5 | HP 21/21

Sure thing. - replies the Farfetch'd, apparently impatient for no reason at all - Lead the way, Mokhir.

Sczarni

Team North encounters what appears to be a long passageway ahead, through the trees. But there is also a bend to the right, where the path snakes its way inward.

Team North

Team North

Team East encounters a bend almost immediately, walking out of earshot of the others. Turning with the path, their feet make soft squishing sounds. Puddles were everywhere. Taking another bend, their path splits to the west, but ahead, it splits with a sharper curve.

Team East


Male Fennekin Lvl. 5 | HP 20/20

"Hey, another fork. Where do we go? Forward or right?"

Fuki pokes his nose in both, going a few steps in before the decision is made.


Male Charmander 5

Xipil looks back and forth between the two paths before walking down the right path and peeking around the corner carefully.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

I do believe I've kicked something extra noisy...

Sczarni

The right path, for team North, looked like it snaked around and around again, to continue on the other side. If the trees in front of them weren't so thick, they could walk across.

The path ahead didn't stop with just a few paces and kept going. A bend to the right could be seen, but it was far away.


Cyndaquil | ♂ | Lvl. 5 | HP: 18/20
PP:
Tackle: 33/35 | Leer: 30/30

Mokhir jolts back as he steps into a particularly deep puddle, then attempts to dry himself by shaking the water from his leg. After making no real progress, the Fire-type returns to awareness and says "All right, team. We don't know what lies ahead, so we should try to remain silent." The Cyndaquil pauses as if noticing a mistake, then adds "But if we do find a threat, it'll experience the power of my searing flames!" Nevertheless, he proceeds with caution.

Mokhir sneaks down the western path, searching his surroundings as he does so.

Stealth: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Perception: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Genderfluid Ditto 5 HP: 21/21
PP:
Transform 9/10

@Mokhir: According to the campaign info, I believe skills are a d20, not a d10. I think d10 is just for damage.

N1 does zir best to copy the cyndaquil's confidence. However, the eerie almost-silence of the forest doesn't help zir concentration. There was the soft drip-drip of rain off the thick canopy of trees. The occasional rustle of brush everywhere and yet nowhere at once. The awkwardly loud craccckk of twigs not avoided. And the slurrrrpp of mud sticking to limbs. It all oppressively quiet, but at the same time, given the unknown dangers that lurked within, hideously loud. N1 wanted to break the silence but at the same time feared to do so. So instead zie opted to just creep along, listening carefully for calls for help from a lost pokemon. Or perhaps for the approaching steps of a not-so-lost pokemon.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Sczarni

Team East heads west (heheh), which leads to a dead end...and another clearing to the right. Peeking into the clearing, there was the path to go deeper into the dark woods and a Pokemon sleeping on the pathway. It looked to be a...

Small, murky puddle. But the explorers, as they drew closer, knew that it was a Grimer! There was only one way further and wild, yet sleeping Grimer, wasn't prepared to be on guard duty tonight.

Since the Pokemon is sleeping, you automatically win initiative.
1d4 ⇒ 1

N1 the Ditto, Mokhir the Cyndaqil, Shulla the Litwick, and Howar'd the Farfetch'd encounter Grimer. Who will be victorious?!

An easy formula for combat rolling is

1d20 for accuracy + Attack or Special Attack (depends on move)
1d10 for damage
1d10 for defense + Defense or Special Defense (depends on move)


Beldum | Level 5 | HP 20/20
Move PP:
Take Down 20/20

Van pauses at the intersection before taking the right passageway behind Xipil. Its original intention was to stay left, but Van is willing to follow the charmander.


Blaziken | LV: 35 | HP: 22/22

Seeing everyone in his group move to the right hallway, Blaze follows.

1 to 50 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.