Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


3,901 to 3,919 of 3,919 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Sounds from below? We should make haste - more of these women are about.

Rats, missed the round.


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

Sabinus silently moves to Ava's side, pulls out his wand of CLW, and heals Ava.

Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Again:

Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Charges remaining 43/45.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

"Much appreciated." Ava says, nodding at Sabinus as her wounds begin to close up.

Hp 41/43

"We should take the fight to them before they can prepare properly." she says, pulling Anvengen's Edge free from the ground.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"Caladius, you really need to change your attitude towards women if you're going to have any luck with them," says Enko with a smile. He then frowns and hastily makes the sign of Iomedae.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

The viscount will take scrolls, but it makes sense for a more melee type to have the wands.


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

As the others gather to head down the stairs, Sabinus' curiosity overcomes him and he carefully wraps up and takes the poisoned bolts, loading one into his crossbow. He also hands one of the newly discovered masterwork crossbows to the Viscount, saying "Neither of us prefer these blunt instruments as our first line of attack or defense, but I think this crossbow is a bit superior to the one you're carrying."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

This shall come in handy when grousing. Thanks.

The Viscount loads the crossbow via mage hand with one of the poisoned bolts.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

"So are we going down those stairs or waiting for them to come up?"


I'll kick things off I think. :)

As if in answer to the tieflings question, a bell begins ringing loudly from down below. After a few seconds the ringing ceases, and it's sound slowly fades away. However, as the last echo fades completely, a roaring of flame is heard from the east, where the crematorium is.

Nothing: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

How high are the ceilings here? How far down to the floor below?


The ceilings are vaulted, 10' at the doors, and 30' at their highest point in the central room you're in. The stairs look to go down 10'. FYI, tomorrow I'll post what happens next to the group, unless the group moves or initiates something on its own.


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

In response to the commotion to the East, Sabinus positions himself near the Western door in the staircase room. He listens at that door to see if he can discern any sounds of activity behind it.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Sabinus hears nothing from the west.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

"Watch the stairs. I'll check it out." Ava says, glancing across at the others. With that, she heads towards the southern door, passing through and pressing against the wall as she edges east to the corner and peers around.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Super stealthy.


male tiefling urban ranger/sage sorcerer
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 51 | AC 20 (13 T / 18 FF) | CMD 20 | F+5 R+6 W+3 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs cold, elec, fire) | Ini +2 (+4) | Disable: +10 // Perc: +8 (+10) // Stealth: +9 (+11)

As Ava slips off to investigate the sounds in the crematorium, Caladius does as she suggests and watches the stairs, bow drawn and ready for the first foe to reveal itself.

Readied Attack (deadly aim, gravity bow): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14for: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

We haven't cracked open the door to the next room, correct? The Viscount is itching to stink-bomb (stinking cloud) the baddies out.


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

i think the next obvious place to go is down the stairs and there's no door to crack just yet, there are doors on this level, but it isn't clear whether foes are behind them or not.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Are those thingies on the map western and northern doors? I'd go that way...or are they something else?


Male Human Witch/5
Stats:
(HP 22/22; Init +5; Perception +9; AC with mage armor: 19/14/16; AC without mage armor: 14/14/11; F+1, R+4, W+4; CMB +1, CMD: 15

Yes, they are doors. Sabinus just listened to the Western one and didn't hear anything. I think it's a good point that we don't want to go down and find we left enemies behind us. Ava may be discovering one right now...

3,901 to 3,919 of 3,919 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.