Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


951 to 1,000 of 3,919 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I would imagine that most of us wouldn't need a week to get ready to roll against ye' ole goblinoids.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

What about building Ornelous' Wondrous Assault Vehicle?


Meh, gnome, halfling... basically the same right? heh heh. Yeah she's a gnome. I just miss Tavi so much... *sigh* There is no reason to wait the full week, that's just how much time you have before Arael reveals some new bits of information to you.

Two days after you've ended Belagio you each receive notification from the gnome Yakopulio that the Mayor of Westcrown has publicly thanked the group known as the Torchbearers for ridding the town of that menace. He lauds the group for not only ending the threat, but returning the stolen property. The majority of the property stolen was found at the scene. A valuable book was returned to one of his close friends, who shall remain unnamed, and this friend was supremely grateful for its return. He cautions that though he and the town are grateful, they do not condone vigilante justice and encourages the group to turn themselves into the dotarri. He goes on to say what a shame it was that his dotarri, nor the famous Hellknights could do what a small band of do-gooders could by removing Belagio.

Yakopulio's eyes are bright as she reports his to you, loving how the Mayor managed to rib the Hellknights. Clearly the city and the hellknights are not on great terms after losing the prisoner Arael on the Hellknights watch after they fought so hard to gain custody of him.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

uh oh, did we ever read that ledger? Wasn't AC supposed to pore over it? And we have a busty dwarf now, maybe a bit on the duergar blooded, but hey.

Enko's eyes widen slightly. "We are publicly acknowledged. I did not think the tide could begin to turn this quickly."


AC was going to study it, but then there were calls to return all the loot and I asked several times for clarification, and receiving none, I gave back all the loot which had an owner in Westcrown.

...I suppose that I can let you flex-decide that AC would study the ledger first before returning it. Does that work?

Yakopulio laughs lightly, "Oh silly Enko, this is a statement from the Mayor, don't you see? He praises even as he condemns. There was enough of a public response that he had to say something or risk looking like a poor mayor, which he is. I guess to continue your example; Beware the riptide that is our beloved Mayor."


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Yes, please to make with the AC flexing, O Mighty GM Sir.

"We'll have to ensure that he has no choice but to praise us, then," says Enko with a grin. Yes, a GRIN...Enko is busting loose and steppin' out.


Flex-Time afternoon after killing Belagio
After some time and some requested assistance from Arael, AC hurries back into the room. "It's mostly an accounting book for a local crimelord in Westcrown called Mr Lurr. It shows some interesting transactions made to -what could be- minor gang leaders and the leaders of some thieving groups. It seems that several large payments have been made to these people, I can't be sure who they are because aliases are used. But that is my suspicion."

The plainly dressed, but beautiful woman Amaya, who has mostly kept quiet up to this point, steps forward. "I heard the owner of a small fishing business has made claim to a missing ledger, supposedly stolen by Belagio. This man, Sorvo, does have the tell-tale missing eye which is Belagio's signature." She ducks her head, embarrassed to have spoken so openly. Indeed some of the Torchbearers seem taken aback by her informational outburst.

Present time
Yakopulio cringes at the foreign expression on Enko's face, but relaxes quickly as she realizes he's actually smiling.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

The Mayor saying our name is good free advertisement. the Viscount smirks.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Ava stretches out her arms as she takes a seat.

"Indeed it is." Ava nods in agreement with the Viscount. "Anything that gets the Torchbearers on the minds and lips of the Wiscrani can be spun in our favour. On that note, what are your plans regarding the goblin Whitechin? Is this something you wish to pursue? It may be prudent to nip this threat in the bud, before it grows out of control."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Agreed. Where in the city do we find this threat? If we're flushing out rats, I'd like to go in prepared. I hate to act as an exterminator, but these goblins sound like they've been hurting folks. I'd say live and let live, otherwise.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"Since we are in the public relations business now, I think we should forward Sorvo the fisherman a note, extending our thanks that he has been reunited with his property and that it was the Torchbearers to thank for the deed."


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

After hearing the discussion on Whitechin the goblin, Amon nods in agreement. "We need to know where to find this Whitechin and what others may know about defenses or allies he may have." He picks up his cloak and looks to his companions. Suddenly his eyes glow silver for a heartbeat and he speaks, his voice distorted and amplified, sounding as though a large group of people were all speaking in unison. "I will go and find out about Whitechin the goblin."

Using my Legalistic power to make a vow. I gain a +4 bonus on a skill check related to my vow.

Diplomacy (gather information) 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 4 = 30


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

"We aren't going to have to go back down into the sewer's again, are we?" Jaiyana asks with mock exasperation when discussing the goblin. She is impatient and doesn't want to sit idle for long, and the mayor's commentary renewed her convictions- just thinking of the sloth makes her blood boil. "The stink is just starting to come out of my coat from the last time; I wear quilted armor, your know. I can't just rinse and oil it. Would it really would be too much to ask for goblins to take up residence in a nice roadside inn?"


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"Ava's ability to see in the dark will leave us looking less like fools." Enko has that unusual smile on his face again. Has he been practicing?


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

"We...succeeded," Jaiyana responds, a hint of a smirk gracing her lips.


Amons efforts further solidify the information already discovered by Ava, the band of Goblins infesting a three story derelict building just on the north side of the northern wall. Their numbers are around 20 - 30, and it was confirmed that two magic users, presumably goblin, work for Whitechin. Amon further discovers that the building is rumored to be riddles with traps and hidden, goblin-sized, passageways. Their efforts have mostly be small theft, but as their number has increased so has their boldness, as well as the emergence of other thieving bands.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Burn it down. Problem solved. Oh wait...a Lawful Good solution?


That's all you need, 30 goblin ghosts haunting your peaceful monkish dreams

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

We cover the block in glue, and catch every single goblin as they try to leave- like flies on flypaper.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Bulk Tanglefoot Emporium shopping!


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I'm fine with burning them out. Or, as I like to call it, The Torchbearer's Urban Renewal Initiative.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

The problem with burning it down is controlling the blaze. These things can get easily out of hand and spread, especially if it's not the only derelict building around. Character-wise, Ava wouldn't be too happy with that solution because it marks the possibility of destroying any goodies that they might have pinched or were hidden amongst the ruins to begin with.

"If Amon's information is correct, that doesn't sound like the situation we want to be going into blind. The advantage of numbers and terrain go to them - We need a way to even the playing field." Ava idly rolls a silver piece across her knuckles as she contemplates the situation. All of a sudden she turns her hand and seizes the coin between her thumb and forefinger, staring at the embossed profile of Queen Abrogail. (Google tells me that's the current Queen of Cheliax, correct me if I'm wrong.) "Though perhaps we needn't confront all of them anyway. 'Cut off the head, and the body will die.' - I was once told. Whitechin is our main concern. If we can draw him out with a ploy and kill him there, p'raps we can scatter them and avoid a pitched battle altogether."

Ava stares at the coin for a moment longer, vague memories stirring in the back of her mind, before pocketing it once more.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |
Amon wrote:
The Torchbearer's Urban Renewal Initiative.

Bahahaha that is gold! I can personally attest to horrible wildfires and near TPK's from Ava's games. Yikes! On a slightly less OT note, I'm all caught up! Sorry again for my absense. I'm kind of blanking on a way to introduce Lucon back to the action though, so I'll try again with a night's sleep.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"Lure out the biggest fish," says Enko. He nods. "What attracts goblins? Money? Big noses? And what could be so enticing that the leader himself, who is probably going to want to stay protected, reveals himself to danger?"

Enko thinks for a moment.

"Perhaps we could pretend to be ruffians, seeking an alliance. Offer up bait."


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Oh, I know how to reintroduce you, Lucon. We'll dress you up as a Hellknight and offer you to the goblins as a peace offering. Then you burst your bonds...this is called the Wookie Gambit. ;)


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"And perhaps they know something about the acquaintances of Mr. Lurr." don't want that flexin' to go to waste.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

"As a smuggler, I've found myself in many situations where I've had to talk my way out of a bind, or into one. Flattery, I have discovered, is one of the more potent tools for doing so." Ava folds her arms across her chest. "We know that Whitechin's tribe is quickly growing and with it, his ego. He considers himself a king, and each day his actions grow more bold - Perhaps an act of pure sycophancy could draw him out close enough strike. Goblins are not known for their wit - Their craven nature can be bypassed, especially if they're riding on the cresting emotion of a recent victory, if you catch my drift."


Goblin Conversation

AC speaks up, pushing his glasses up higher on his nose, "Couldn't help but overhear, but I must say that I highly doubt the goblins have trapped themselves in the building. It'd be a simple thing to build an underground access tunnel. Burning the block would be more risky to the surrounding buildings than the goblins inside, in my expert opinion."

Ermolos speaks up, "I hear that goblins are cowardly little wretches, can't ya just kill a few and run the rest off?"


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

AC, are you reading our blue text? :D

"AC, we agree--I think that what Ava is proposing is a 'peace offering', or a gift, with which to tempt Whitechin. One thing we must consider is that ruses can be seen through by keen-eyed wizards, or simply perceptive and wise goblins."


AC is out at the moment. ;)


The intellectual AC considers this information, "Oh, I misunderstood. Apologies for jumping to conclusions. Perhaps you could try an assault through the very escape tunnels I believe exist?"

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

It seems to me that a king among goblins would broke no action that exposes him to the open. I do not believe we could parlay with him without entering his sanctum unarmed. As much as I hate the notion, and would rather leave scorched earth where his kingdom is, I fear we may have to assault the hidden paths and take them by surprise. Perhaps we could flush them out from the inside onto the streets: maybe to a waiting party of dotari looking for the Torchbearers? But perhaps that is too much of a risk of our own hides? he strokes his goatee contemplatively.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"If we know where the hidden exits open out to, we can block them. Alternately, we can have some members awaiting on that side and meet in the middle, but we do not know the distance and difficulty between the king's main chamber and these exits--although they may be very close, given the nature of goblins," muses Enko.

"I agree, Corneleous; we will have to enter their domain. Bearing gifts, or a prisoner, or both. Lucon has the build of a Hellknight and we could fit him in armor and have a weapon ready for him. I can also be manacled and do not need a weapon ready. Goblins may be unused to human prisoners as an offering, but I am sure they would welcome it...along with some food, or baubles, or flammables."

Enko looks at Amon and AC. "Although, burning down the building could be quite counterproductive to the community in general."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I have extreme misgivings about entering the goblin king's throne room without arms, and possibly outnumbered by dozens. I take it none of you have seen a wizard be torn asunder by dozens of tiny demons because he failed to accent a whorl on the 3rd ring of his summoning circle? It is not a pretty sight- and not a fate I wish to experience. My vote is to act as a scalpel. We strike in, find a goblin that will lead us to their king, and eliminate any resistance along the way. Without leadership, the rats will scatter, and the city can flush the building at it's leisure. The longer we stall, the more embolden the goblin king will become.

Road. Show.

Ava flex:
Ava's character may know of the Viscount's family, particularly the Korvosian branch. They have long dealt in shady deals- and often need to procure rare ingredients (or feed) for their reported demon summoning rituals. The Viscount himself has never been implicated in any shady deals, but is guilty by familiar association.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

B*$@@ES LET'S MOOOOVE


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS THING

The carpenter remains quiet for the journey home, only stopping at the temple to throw his armour to the floor and hastily try to wash the blood off before returning to his workshop. He returns a few hours later, the smell of blood, sweat, and horse mingled with that of fresh sawdust, stooped under the weight of a great deal of timber.

"I had thought to make some repairs." he says sheepishly, eyeing the piecemeal ceiling and crumbling brickwork. "Unless... there is something else you need of me?" he says, wearily, blinking at Ava for some time before the recognition dawns on him. "Ava!" the man bellows, pulling her into a bear hug. "How many years has it been? Rebecca has been asking after you."


You have had two days before you set out to the Goblin lair. Flex any shopping you'd like into that time, but let me know what, if anything, was purchased. Any preferred time of day to make this attack?

Following the directions given by Janiven you quickly make your way across Westcrown, heading to the sparsely populated section of town to the north. On the way you do hear a town crier calling out something about '...and removing The Bastards of...' something, but it's too faint for you to hear the exact message. Buildings become darker, more worn down. Refuse appears move frequently in the streets, and the dotarri patrols you continually need to dodge become fewer and fewer. You do see the northern wall occasionally, peeking through the rooftops and between houses.

You stop in a shadowy overhang about 100' away from the dilapidated building which supposedly houses Whitechin and his band. The doors and windows are boarded or covered in filthy material. It is indeed three stories high, with one main entrance and not directly adjacent to any other building. You detect no movement past any of the few sliver wide openings that exist. The interior is dark and quiet. You do see that several of the stores or home which are next to the building are also dark and appear lifeless.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Amon whispers to the rest of the group. "I am going to scout the building and see what can be seen up close. Would anyone like to join me?"


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Did we have any money left? How about torches, flash powder, something for the dark?


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko nods to Amon. "I can go with you."


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I am the shadow.

Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

of all the times...


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Flex @Lucon:

The enthusiastic greeting takes her by surprise, and she lets out a small 'ah' as she's lifted from the ground.

"L-Lucon?" She manages to gasp. She would recognize this vice-grip anywhere. She manages to regain some of her composure as she's lowered back down to solid ground. She brushes a bit of sawdust from her sleeve. "This is one face I didn't expect to see. For a moment, I did not recognize you. The years have changed you, my friend."

With a hint of a smile, she adds: "You're looking good."

"I had heard you had settled down. Did you grow restless with the quiet life?"

Ava will accompany Amon and Enko, staying a few paces behind them and keeping an eye on the surroundings. She glowers at Enko as his feet brush past some heavy rubble, scattering it noisily.

She'll take 10 on her stealth check for a result of 17 and keep her eyes peeled for any threats (10 on active perception checks each round with a result of 15, or 17 if it's related to stone).

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Fear not the dark, the Art can light our way The Viscount prepares a light spell on a coin, which he can easily stow into his purse in order to block the light. He does so, so that he might move stealthily.
Stealth roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Viscount is more swarthy than stealthy. He lets his fellows range ahead of him, while he tries not to trip over his own two feet.


Tavi was tracking our loot before her untimely demise, didn't we have a backup Loot Tracker? Enko or Jaiyana I'm thinking?

Your group makes a staggered approach to the run-down structure, some on quiet feet, others scraping and bumping into every loose board they see. Nothing appears from any of the windows as you approach, and you hear no sounds inside. Amon, moving like a silent shadow, is the first to arrive, followed by the other at the edge of the building, looking for ways inside. Every door and window seems securely boarded however, and it would take sustained effort and noise to breach them. You have now gone around the 2nd corner of the building, and are making your way along the back.

Perception DC 18:
There is a wobbly slab of stone near the corner you just past, lifting it up reveals a locked grate, leading underneath the building.
Perception DC 16 (Must make above spoiler first & requires it's own roll):
The grate is trapped with needles along the edge, needles which glisten wetly. Disable Device DC 20 to disarm it


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Can we take 10 on those Perception rolls?


No, you are now 'in the danger-zone' and taking 10 is not currently possible.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Perception 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Ava sees nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Under this slab... is a locked door! he reveals in stage magician fashion.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

And it looks pokey. Sharp pointy things are making opening it a bit dodgy.

951 to 1,000 of 3,919 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.