Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


51 to 100 of 3,954 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You come to a junction, you cannot go straight and must choose left or right. The sound of stomping feet comes from somewhere off to your left, or is it coming from behind you? Also a wet, squelching sound persists off to your right, you think, seemingly just around the curve of the tunnel. The smell is especially rank here, and something floats down the middle of the sewage water, spinning lazily in the muck.

DC 12 Perception:
The marker is not difficult to find, the small sword symbol pointing to the 1d2 ⇒ 1.
1=L, 2=R


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Perception:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Tavi heads left after seeing the small mark, checking back to make sure the party is following.

Need another stealth roll?


I get out my crossbow. Stay together, and work together. We'll get through this fine. AC says as confident as a "devil may care" 21 year old can, which is pretty confident, actually.

rolls:

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Knowledge dungeon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
What do I know specifically about this sewer? Do I know of any hazards? or any shortcuts? Or something that would be particularly helpful in a situation like this?

Knowledge local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Almost the same question(s) as know: dungeon if it applies, except I also would like to know what I know about Hellknights. Do they have a weakness? How strong are they relative to us?

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
To follow the markings, and not get lost in this sewer.

Do I recognize what the lazy spinning thing is, or do you need a knowledge roll for that? I got a lot of those, if you couldn't already tell. ;) Or is it not important now :)

Edited. GM says I don't need light yet.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Fools and their lights Sir, the light. Either in front or a bit behind, I would rather not be a clear target. Shaking her head, Tavi starts off again, slowly keeping an eye out for anymore signs at the crossroads.


@Tavi - no stealth roll needed at this point. For now you're about speed, getting distance from your pursuers.
@AC - You'd know these sewers would have a variety of monsters, oozes, goblins, giant rats, perhaps the occasional undead, to name a few of the more commons ones. You'd know this is an ancient sewer, but there is evidence of modern.. alterations. Shoddy doors where they shouldn't be, rough shelters, and missing bricks and beams are some of the things you notice. It's just a larger piece of refuse... for now!!! :)
Also the light filtering in from the grates is still enough that there are no darkness penalties. When it becomes too dark I'll let you know. When you let Vizio's Tavern there was over an hour till darkness. FYI.

GM only:
#2 E-H / Pursuit1d10 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 6 = 11

There is a loud metallic creaking sound in the tunnel, directly in front of you, and you hear several voices, following by a loud bang. The voices continue for a moment, seemingly directly in your path, but unmoving for now. There is only straight ahead, or back the way you came.

Perception DC 20:
The voices seem to be coming from Armigers (Hellknights in training). Straining your ears you can just make out their words. Boyish voice"I don't like it down here one bit, this is a needle in a cesspit! What are the chances they came this way anyways!?" Gruff Voice, "You'd search till your feet fell off if it got you fully inducted into the Rack! I can't wait to get out of this fake armor and into some true platemail, it will be glorious. But if we're the ones that get 'em, they'll give us all our 'plate for sure lads!" They continue chatting for a minute, talking away their fear of the dark, stinky passageway.

Perception DC 23:
You hear more than the two loud voices, but they are quieter and indistinguishable from the louder two. You can read the lower DC Perception check.

K:Local DC 10 (if you make either Perception roll):
The Hellknights have mass training raids every four to six months in order to let a large amount of recruits get their feet wet. The raid is typically a 'safe and easy' group task, looks like you've been deemed as easy prey to the Order of the Rack, and it's a good thing too!


Knowledge Local1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Guys up ahead AC whispers, very very slightly. They are trainee's. Fight, or go back?


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I hate to be that guy, but only one Light spell can be active at a time. The pebble trick wouldn't work.

On the subject of light, I have a bullseye lantern and a pint of oil.

Perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Knowledge (Local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Lucon will squint through the dark as he's led down the tunnel, stumbling along in the dark peering ahead, blinking at the light from the Viscount's spell. "That is... some trick, milord." he says, hanging back and lingering at the edge of the lights and glancing over his shoulder, heavy brow furrowed with worry, and dotted with glowing beads of sweat.

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Kn: Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"They're just boys." Lucon says, with a heavy sigh. "Little older than my eldest." He doesn't voice his opinion, but his face is easy to read. He'd rather not fight unless he well and truly has to.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"We must overwhelm the trainees quickly," says Enko. "Fight."

So...stealth from the stealthy folks to get in a surprise round and Sneak Attack from Tavi, or we just all charge or even overrun...what do we want to do?


Indeed, what do you want to do? All, if there is more than one spoiler for the same skill, that is only to separate (ahead of time) what your roll results will allow you to see/know/etc... Only make one roll in these situations. IF you make a higher DC roll, and there are lower DC checks for the same skill then you also read the lower DC spoilers. Lastly, some DC's will also be dependent on making another roll first (like the example in my last post above) So be sure read the spoiler headings twice. *steps off soapbox* Thanks! :)

AC:
You needed to make the perception check first to then be able to roll for the K:Local, for next time :)

Lucon:
Does that make sense about making the one roll instead of two?

As you deliberate, the sounds of pursuit grow louder in the distance behind you, still far away, but they are coming.

GM Only:
1d100 ⇒ 42 low good, pursuit1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Also since it was mentioned again, Light is not yet an issue in the tunnels, the sunlight from the grates acting as torches for the time being. In case it wasn't clear before.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Apologies for the absence, I had one of those 48-hour bugs in my system and checked out for a while with cough syrup.

"These are not mere town guards or militiamen, they are inductees into the Hellknights and willing conspirators with the very government that oppresses the city. They have chosen their side. We can try to avoid bloodshed, but we cannot allow them to hamper our escape."


@Amon - Glad you're feeling better!
Some tactical info:
The tunnels in this section are ten feet wide, with the sewer water flowing down the middle of the tunnel. There is enough room for one person on either side on the sewage, and for someone to walk in the sewage if they so choose. Due to the twisted tunnels you do not have line of sight on the Hellknights, and visa versa. Grates are irregularly spaced anywhere from ten to twenty feet on the right side of the tunnel, allowing light to shine across the tunnel, giving most illumination to the left wall.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Light Spell:
Man, my reading skills have really gone downhill. Instead of multiple bread crumbs, I'll cast the initial one and leave it behind. Once I think we've passed enough time (that the knights would have passed the first marker) I'll create the second, and keep it handy. If we start hearing them, and come to a multiple branch, I will throw it so that it bounces down the wrong path (and hopefully around a corner). Same principle, just less effective.

I'll be more careful with my spells from here out.

Lead on my good friends, I'm almost useless when it comes to directions Corneleous whispers abashedly.


GM:
I was using my perception that I had rolled a few mins earlier. Sorry I didn't know if you wanted a new one or not, because it didn't seem to go towards anything when I made it, and it was only a few mins prior to your post.

Let's attack, quickly. The real ones are gaining on us.

Strong men in the front. I have Mycroft here that will do some damage. he says referring to his Heavy Repeater Crossbow. AC loads a round of bolts as we move throughout the tunnel, and stuffs an extra into his belt pouch, just in case.

let's do this.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Dice:

Perception - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Kn Local - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Agreed. Let us deal with those before us quickly. Tavi draws a dagger and readys it for throwing.

Stealth - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

edited for a stealth roll


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

"If there is truly no way around..." the man says, looking almost pleadingly at the others. He steels himself. "Very well. Let us try not to crack too many skulls." the man says, drawing himself to his full height and reaching for a small hammer in his belt.

OOC Talk:
I'm all up for the overrun idea, but I'm afraid that probably wouldn't work out so well for our halfling friends. I'm not even sure they can attempt the manuever. Lucon is all for avoiding the fight, but given that that's probably not an option...

Would our stealthier characters be comfortable taking point, or should we all just charge in and hope for the best?"

... and for good measure I'll roll a stealth check ahead of time. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Since no one has stealthed, yet, I'm going to move the group all together. Post pending. EDIT: Just saw Tavi's stealth! Sounds like there is some more discussion going, so I'll wait longer, allowing some strategy talk to take place. If you could tell me if you're on the shadowy or lit side of the tunnel, or in the sewage, that'd help also.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Oh! Looks like Mug beat my edit. I'm happy with this development. I'd rather not agonize too much over tactics and slow things to a stop until we know each other better as a group.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

unless forced by circumstance, Tavi is always in the shadows


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

I say we roll INIT and just go for it. We've known each other for all of an hour, it isn't like we are going to have this co-ordinated complex Swat team strategy worked out between us. We'll just try our best not to die, and then work on a strat sometime in the future.


Ok, I like the disorganized approach better as well, story-wise. You may go back to waiting for a battle post. I am rolling init


INIT:
Lucon 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Enko 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Corneleous 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Jaiyana 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
AC 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Tavi 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Amon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

HK 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
HK 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
HK 3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
HK 4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Combat begins - Round 1
#2 Hellknight Encounter
Moving forward the group turns a corner and see's three Hellknights standing in a small circle farther down the tunnel. Two are in a slight recess in the wall, one of the few ladders which grant access to the street level, and a third is on the edge of the sewer. A fourth can be seen standing about thirty feet past the nearest three, on the opposite side of the sewage, looking around the next bend in the tunnel. The two groups see each other, and react according to luck and readiness. The Hellknights are clearly surprised and elated to have found their quarry so quickly.

Go ahead and post your actions in spoilered format. Once I have everyone's post (except those who're being botted) I will post the round 1 results. I have the marching order like this:
Right-Side - Lucon, Tavi Corneleous
Left-Side - Enko, AC, Jaiyana, Ammon


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

How are the Hellknights armed, out of curiosity? And be sure to let me know if I've got the format right. If I'm correct you want to piece each round together in one big post?

Spoiler:
Lucon will frantically look around at the others before springing into action himself. With a shout he pushes into the open, moves within 20ft of an otherwise unengaged hellknight and tosses his hammer, standing stock still and blinking in surprise when it meets its mark.

Ranged Attack at HK 31d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


AC remembers reading about battlefield tactics in one of his numerous studies. Stand your ground! Make them come to us! Use ranged attacks until they approach!Make them cross that distance, and we can cut them down!

Round 1 action - GM only:
AC speaks as a move action. As a standard, He shoots at the closest one, not engaged in melee combat. 100' range with no penalties, (plus one to attack if they are w/in 30 ft.) He would rather shoot at one standing around, if possible (flatfooted, in meta-speak). If any happen to be in shadow, I have low-light vision.

Just like I practiced. Breathe. Squeeze the trigger on the exhalation. At least, that's what all the good books say.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 to hit

1d10 ⇒ 5 damage


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Round 1:

Throw my ready dagger at the 4th Hellknight who is waiting on the bend.
Dagger, Thrown - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

If hit 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Draw another dagger (4 remaining)


Lucon wrote:
How are the Hellknights armed, out of curiosity? And be sure to let me know if I've got the format right. If I'm correct you want to piece each round together in one big post?

That's correct, the spoiler should be labeled for the appropriate round, like some others have done already. After I've accrued enough posts. 5 or 6 depending on how longs it's taking, ideally all 7, then I'll resolve the round behind the scenes and post a long descriptive post and ask for more rounds if needed. *EDIT* Whoops, and they have longswords, sheathed. Also light crossbows, the only Hellknight with weapon drawn is the far one, holding a crossbow.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

To clarify I am throwing my dagger at the crossbow wielding one then


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

geez, leave for a few errands and the hurting and shoving begins.

Combat Round 1:
]
Sling to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Edit: seeing they have crossbows, I wouldn't have shouted on about staying together and waiting for them to come to us.

gm:
I would also aim at the one currently armed, unless he was paying attention, and another one wouldn't.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

combat:
With a flourish, Corneleous extends a hand and summons a small ball of acid to fly toward the sewer side knight.

acid dart, ranged touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Move action: ready crossbow.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Too late, AC! You've doomed us all! :D


Quote:
Moving forward the group turns a corner and see's three Hellknights standing in a small circle farther down the tunnel. Two are in a slight recess in the wall, one of the few ladders which grant access to the street level, and a third is on the edge of the sewer. A fourth can be seen standing about thirty feet past the nearest three, on the opposite side of the sewage, looking around the next bend in the tunnel. The two groups see each other, and react according to luck and readiness.

Enko is the first to react, pulling, and arming his sling in a smooth motion, spinning it quickly above his head and slinging it towards the flatfooted hellknights. It carooms loudly of the knights armor, and his stunned expression becomes a sneer.

Tavi reacts almost as fast as the monk, sending a dagger slinging through the tunnel, the light causing it to glint brightly as it passes two grates. The throw is quite masterful and finds a chink in the far Hellknights armor, wounding him. Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Yup. Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Jaiyana dons her armored coat and pulls out her sling, yelling, "Let us concentrate our attacks!"

Lucon frantically looks around at the others before springing into action himself. With a shout he tosses his hammer, standing stock still and blinking in surprise when it meets its mark. The hellknight staggers when struck by the hammer, obviously reeling from the powerful throw.

Considering his options Amon pulls his sling and arms it, quickly bringing it to a fast spin. He hurls it the distant Hellknight, trying to bring him down. The stone flies into the sewage at the mans feat, splashing some offal onto the mans armored legs, but otherwise not affecting him.

Amon:
I can't find your Tactics spoiler under your profile. Could you create that please?

(Hellknight 2) This soldier tries to push past his closer comrade, but the nearest Hellknight refuses to let him by, more concerned with the glory of his own first kill. Frustrated, the Hellknight tries to move to the other side of the sewer, through the muck, so eager is he to get at you all. He pulls his sword out as he comes. The man slides precariously, but barely manages to keep his feet in the slippery filth, and clamber out to stand but a few paces away from Enko, sword menacing.

AC remembers reading about battlefield tactics in one of his numerous studies. "Stand your ground! Make them come to us! Use ranged attacks until they approach! Make them cross that distance, and we can cut them down!." He shoots at the closest one, the stubborn one who refused to move, but the shot, though aimed at a vulnerable area, bounces off the mans armor.
Just like I practiced. Breathe. Squeeze the trigger on the exhalation. At least, that's what all the good books say.

AC:
Would you spoiler the free action of speaking as well? I'll include it in the big post, but technically it's part of your characters actions for the round. Thanks!

(Hellknight 3) Recovering from the staggering hammer blow this Hellknight draws his sword, clearly furious. "The big one is mine! But not before I find out who his woman is. I'll be visiting her next!" The man jumps into the sewer, drawing his sword mid-jump, having seen his closest comrade refusing to let people pass, and starts slogging through filth towards the now unarmed Lucon. However, after about 10 feet, the man slips in the trench, shouting as he falls beneath the muck. He flails there, as combat rages around him.

With a flourish, Corneleous extends a hand and summons a small ball of acid to fly toward the nearest knight. The acid finds several tiny holes on the mans armored arm, causing him to shriek as his skin melts beneath his armor. After he lets the acid fly he readies his crossbow.

(Hellknight 1) Finally getting his feet set the Hellknight closest to Lucon strides forward, drawing his longsword, pleased at the prospect of facing an unarmed foe. Does it get much better? Smiling to his companions, "Whoever brings him down gets his woman first, that's always the rule!" Luckily the mighty strike, which would surely have grievously wounded the unarmored carpenter, is thrown off as the Hellknight slips slightly on muck kicked up by his floundering companion, and whistles harmless past Lucon's chest.

(Hellknight 4) With a knife sticking from his chest the solder growls in pain, "You boys do what you want, but leave the halfling wench alive, I'll need some time alone with her!" With that he takes aim at Tavi, despite the difficulty of the shot, two men engaged in combat right in front of her. The bolt sails above her head, and into the wall, splashing into the water. It was a very, very near miss!


You can now post Round 2 spoilered actions. Woohoo!


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Attack Round 2:

Enko smoothly brings an elbow and knee to strike at sensitive points of the Hellknight in front of him.
Flurry Unarmed 1 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage Flurry 1: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Flurry Unarmed 2 to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage Flurry 2: 1d6 ⇒ 1


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 2:
Thanks for botting me; I'm back now.

"Hellnight bastards," Jaiyana spits with a snarl, dropping her sling. She grips her flail, knuckles whitening as she readies it, and surges forword to attack.

Free action: Drop the sling and speak a couple of words.
Move action: Move toward and enemy, drawing her heavy flail as she goes.
Standard action: Attack the most heavily wounded foe using Combat Expertise.
Attack:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
[ooc]If there is no space for Jaiyana, she will overrun instead, to get into a flanking position. This will provoke an attack of oppurtunity from her target as she does not yet possess the appropriate feats. Her CMB result will be the same as her attack roll in that instance. Her AC with the armored coat on is 17, 18 after she attacks thanks to Combat Expertise.


GM:
If I spend an action saying something I still have to spoiler it? That is a HUGE drawback to my character, because part of my whole schtick is finding out weaknesses and creating strategies around that, and letting the party know.

So for example, if I find out weaknesses in round 1, and use an action to let them know about those movements in round 2, they won't find out about that til the summary and the earliest they can use that info is round 3 actions, if they are paying attention.

Hmmm.... Seems kind of broken for me. Not sure what you think?


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Round 2:

Is flanking possible?

Move to block the pathway (stand next to Lucon)

Attack - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Dam - 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Is a Map possible? I'm having trouble knowing who to target.

Round 2 actions:
AC hits the reload lever free looks at (whatever bad guy isn't engaged in combat), and yells "By Shelyn, I will have justice upon you and your foul soul." (I start a judgement. Judgement of Sacred Justice - +1 to attack rolls.)

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 to hit
1d10 ⇒ 5damage

Then AC clicks the reload lever again.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Round 2:

The Viscount reaches once more into his beltpouch and begins to chant in infernal. A glowing circle appears behind hellknights, opening a gate to hell as the Viscount commands forth an unholy creature.

Free action: Drop the crossbow in favor of keeping staff in hand and casting a spell.
Move: 5' step, retreating away from the melee.
Full round action: Summon Monster I, fiendish eagle (enhanced with +1 hp/die and +4 str +4 stam). Preferably red with black accent feathers. To be summoned in a potential flanking position.

I was extremely tempted to summon an unholy pony...


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Round 2:
"One more word and I beat you bloody!" the man roars, flying into a rage and slugging the young recruit in the jaw, momentarily forgetting the blade being swung at him.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (Power Attack)
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (non-lethal)


Round 2
Enko smoothly brings an elbow and knee to strike at sensitive points of the Hellknight in front of him. The first strike, though powerful, fails to find the right spot in the mans armor, and the hellknight shrugs it off. The second strike does find a hole, and the soldier lets out a quiet, "oooph", in pain but is not overly phased by the blow.

Tavi moves next to Lucon near the wall, and then swipes at the Hellknight with her knife, scoring a deep hit upon the man. He looks in pain and a flash of nervousness takes over his features for a moment, but then he steels himself to renew his attack.

Jaiyana charges forward after dropping her sling, skirting past Enko and barreling through the unsuspecting Hellknight. The man reacts quickly enough to catch her a glancing blow across her back as she rushes by. Too late the knight realizes his predicament as he is now flanked. 3 damage to Jaiyana

"One more word and I beat you bloody!" Lucon roars in response to the vile words of the Hellknights, flying into a rage and slugging the young recruit in the face of his helmet, momentarily forgetting the blade being swung at him. The smug look on the recruits face vanishes as his head literally bounces around inside his helm, his body stiffening up and toppling over into the wall. Hellknight 1 is down for the count

Amon sees his fellows having some success and so tries again, hurling a stone at the distant Hellknight. To Hit(sling): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

(Hellknight 2 / Unscathed ) The Hellknight spares a quick look at his floundering companion, feeling good after avoiding the worst of the monks strikes, but now having to contend with foes on both sides. Calling out, "Quit playing around Veshio! Glory awaits!" He takes a swing of his own, trying to cut down the pesky punching rebel. However the elusive monk is too quick, too centered to be caught by the descending sword, shifting his weight backwards slightly, so the sharp steel only gives the monk a breeze.

AC hits the reload lever, and looks at the nearby man still in the muck, and yells "By Shelyn, I will have justice upon you and your foul soul." But the mans armor is too thick for the bolt to penetrate.

AC:
I don't know how you got to 3rd round before others can act on your information gleaned from Monster Lore. You roll knowledge, then use a free action that same round to share that knowledge. Done in round 1. If you're concerned that those who's initiative is after yours would not being able to utilize your knowledge than a simple solution would be a spoiler labeled "Anyone who's initiative is after AC's" or something like that, so mechanically it'd makes sense. Otherwise we have people going before AC in initiative, reacting to knowledge that he has neither remembered nor shared yet. If you have other ideas let me know and we can discuss if you'd like. For now please do it my way. Thanks!

(Hellknight 3 / Hammer Struck) The sewage covered hellknight gains his feet finally, still holding his weapon, spitting and yelling profanities, and tries to move the last few feet to engage Lucon. This time he makes it without a tumble, and swipes at Lucon with his sword. Lucon is unable to recover his balance after laying out the first Hellknight and takes a viscous cut across his leg. The Hellknight in the muck is now in the middle of a triangle formed by Lucon, Jaiyana, and Enko, and is standing in muck up to his waist, looking up at Lucon with hate in his eyes. Those three have a +2 Flanking and a +1 for higher ground for melee attacks on Hellknight 3. Also Lucon takes 2 damage.

Lucon:
You feel a hot, itching, burning feeling starting to gather around the slice you took to your leg. No damage yet, just constant tiny burning feeling.

After taking a step back from the heat of the melee, the Viscount reaches once more into his beltpouch and begins to chant in infernal. A glowing circle appears in the air behind the hellknight in the water, opening a gate to hell as the Viscount begins to command forth an unholy creature.

(Hellknight 1 / Bif Whiffer) His body twiches spasmodically from it's place on the floor

GM Only:
Stabalize DC 10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6 and loses 1 hp.

(Hellknight 4 / Knife Target) Noticing the large man wrecking so much havok the crossbowman sets the carpenter in his sights. Mostly to himself he says, "They'll have to make me a patrol leader after I bring in this lot!" You get the idea that losing, much less the idea of fleeing, has never entered this mans brain. He shoots at Lucon, the shot just catching the large man in the upper arm, and blood begins to drip down to mix with the sewage. Lucon takes 2 damage

I'll be thinking about a map, if I can figure an easy way to do it. Probably it won't happen till a future engagement. We'll see. Everyone please post your next rounds actions in the usual manner. Get them baddies!


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Round 3:

Move into flanking and attack!

To Hit - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dam (assuming flanking) - 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (1) = 6


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Round 3::
Lucon winces in pain, clutching at his leg and staggering slightly. As the bolt hits him in the shoulder he exhales sharply, pressing himself against the wall and gritting his teeth, letting out a few shuddering breaths and blinking back the pain. He lunges desperately for the fallen recruits sword (provoking an AoO, I believe) and attempts to parry in a wild arc, bringing his blade down with a blow that would cleave the boy's helmet in two.

Move Action: Pick up longsword.
Standard Action: Power Attack.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


GM:
Sounds good. What is your definition of how much I can speak as a free, and in a situation where I move and identify, can I stretch the borders of that a little? Just enough to get basic info out, of course.

ps, I have some map stuff I can share with you... and I can take you through how I do it, if you don't hate my maps. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and not that hard to start off. No pressure, just trying to help.


Round 3 actions:
AC thinks: Well, third time is a charm and fires at the crossbowman that hit the unarmored gentleman in their company. How dare you fire at an unarmed man. The Injustice of it all! I should teach you some manners, crossbow wielding fiend! Mycroft would like to meet your acquaintance! AC fires, and then hits the reload lever.

Still using Judgement. + 1 to attacks.

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22 to hit (point blank not factored in = extra +1 if w/in 30 ft)

1d10 ⇒ 6

I would move to wherever I have the better shot.

Edit: Confirming crit...

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 DOH! still a hit though.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 3:

Enko turns to face the Hellknight who swiped at him with his sword, trusting his companions to handle the knight buried to the waist in sewage. He darts in again with two swift attacks, whipping out a forearm and a foot to engage the knight.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Flurry 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Round 3:

Yes, gory awaits! the Viscount taunts and cocks his hand in a pointed gesture, with the thumb wiggling.

Standard Action: Acid dart at whichever knight he can attack without firing into melee. Otherwise, use move action to reposition (but not into the sewer, he's too prissy for that).

Acid dart (#2), ranged touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Move action, if possible: retrieve crossbow.
Free action: when the unholy eagle arrives, order him to full attack or move to flank and attack.

Do you roll for the summoned creatures, or do I? The bird has claws and beak both +3, 1d4+2. Eagle


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 3:
hp 10/13; AC 18

Jaiyana grunts in pain as she is struck and channels her anger into a retalitory strike. "It's time for you to meet the devils you hold so dear!" She crows, bringing for flail down overhead.

Move Action: Speak.
Standard Action: Attack (using Combat Expertise, of course).
Attack:
1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 21; Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Round 3
Enko turns to face the Hellknight who swiped at him with his sword, trusting his companions to handle the knight buried to the waist in sewage. He darts in again with two swift attacks, whipping out a forearm and a foot to engage the knight. The forearm strike glances off the mans armor, negating any damage, the kick connects right on the mans knee however, and his leg buckles, nearly dropping him with the force of the blow.

Tavi moves into flanking, making sure Jaiyana is directly opposite the muck-loving Hellknight in the sewage before her. She strikes out, aiming for that vulnerable area her flanking position affords her, but the knight seems to sense the attack and is able to lean his body out of the way of the incoming blade.

Jaiyana grunts in pain as she is struck and channels her anger into a retalitory strike. "It's time for you to meet the devils you hold so dear!" she crows, bringing her flail down overhead. The knight was still off balance from Enko's kick and is unable to dodge the flail, and can merely watch as it descends, bashing him on the head. He crumpled like a ragdoll across the path in front of you, blood trickling from under his helmet. Hellknight 2 is brained, but good!

Lucon winces in pain, clutching at his leg and staggering slightly. As the bolt punches past his shoulder he exhales sharply, pressing himself against the wall and gritting his teeth, letting out a few shuddering breaths and blinking back the pain. He lunges a few feet ahead, (this move also conveniently lining him up opposite Enko to continue to give him a flanking bonus) desperately grabbing at the fallen recruits sword and attempts to parry in a wild arc, bringing his blade down with a blow so mighty that would cleave the boy's helmet in two. The sneering knight These are not all boys, just new recruits, some are older and some are younger, fyi see's the carpenters furious swing coming and takes a mighty swing of his own, sensing for the first time what a dangerous position he has put himself into, but his blow sails far wide of Lucon. Lucon's swing is uninterrupted, the blow takes off not only half of the knights head, but continues down through his shoulder, completely severing his arm. The lifeless body sinks into the sewage, dark red mixing with the browns, greens, and yellows of the sewer. Hellknight 3 is obliterated, 14 hp damage on that one! Yikes!

Lucon:
You notice the itching around the cut is increasing slightly - but still just annoying, not all-consuming, and you feel a distinct change in your body temperature, for the warmer.

Amon sees all but the crossbowman has gone down, takes a defensive posture and turns his thoughts towards his companions, "Does anyone need immediate help!?" and removes one of the potions of cure light wounds they were given earlier, looking around for injuries. Botted Heal Check: 1d20 ⇒ 6

(Hellknight 2 / Unscathed ) Bleeds quietly and dreams of pain medicine.

AC thinks: Well, third time is a charm and fires at the crossbowman that hit the unarmored gentleman in their company. How dare you fire at an unarmed man. The Injustice of it all! I should teach you some manners, crossbow wielding fiend! Mycroft would like to meet your acquaintance! AC fires, and then hits the reload lever.
This time the bolt flies true, striking the man in the face, through his helmet visor. The damage inside is probably fairly horrific, but the man manages to gurgle once before toppling forward, his crossbow tumbling into the muck, and his arm dangling in the sewage.

AC:
Lets say if you use the knowledge roll and Monster Lore, you can share anything you find out that round. Try to make this succinct and summed up to keep it from becoming more than a paragraph. Maybe you can RP like 'AC speaks quickly, trying to get the information out in a rush' but of course to those reading it they can take all day, but in game speaking quickly will make more sense. Cool? Also I'd like to have a look at that map creation stuff you got, sounds helpful.

Hellknight 3 / Hammer Struck) His body begins to drift along the slow current of the sewer, blood further mingling with the filthy water, his crossbow and anything he may have been carrying are still on his body, but the sword is at the bottom of the muck, and his armor is definitely... in need of major repair.

Corneleous *EDITED*:
Do you want to stop your spell? I'll allow you to keep that one, 'the cosmic forces stopping in time' so that the spell wasn't used. Or do you want to still have it summoned? Up to you. To answer your question, why don't you roll for your summoned creatures, they are 'acting under your will' and you can direct them as rp appropriate as you see fit. If I want to step in I will. Sound ok?

(Hellknight 1 / Bif Whiffer) He is no longer twitching, just lies there.

(Hellknight 4 / Crossbow Wielder) Bleeds, and gurgles a few times more.

Combat is over, getting loot figured now. Nicely done!


Loot found:
chainmail x3 (one on the body of the knight in the muck?)
longsword x3 (one in muck?)
Potions of Cure light wounds x3 (presumably one in muck if someone wants to check?)
light crossbow x2 (muck search?)
Crossbow bolts (56) (muck?)
I need new roll(s) if you want to get the perception spoiler below. Also I want to know what is taken, and I'm hoping someone out there is willing to be the Party Loot Tracker, because I'd rather not. :)

Perception 23 (searching bodies):
In an inner pocket of knight #1, the one Lucon punched out, two wedding bands with the names Tolio and Maria on them. (worth 5 gp each)

51 to 100 of 3,954 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.