Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


901 to 950 of 3,950 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I already done hollered for Jaiyana. My Elixir of Tumbling is still good for a while, so I can jump down there and back up, but that won't help against crushing/slicing/impaling/poisoning traps and she has Disable Device. We need a 10' pole...I am in Gygax mode!

"Speak to us honestly, Tald. We need to know what is down there. Is the area trapped?"

preppin' Sense Motive.


Morl speaks first, "Course not! Why would the secret stash of a paranoid and insane bandit be anything but trap-free." He snort contemptuously. Tald nods his agreement, apparently used to his comrades mannerisms, "He's the only one who went down there, well him and Purell, that was the big fellow. He trusted all of us not a whit. But I'm certain he's rigged something nasty down there."

Sense Motive DC6:
Morls Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Morl actually seems to believe there is a trap down there somewhere. You also have no reason to doubt Talds words. He definitely believes what he's saying.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Then I'm sure you wouldn't mind going first."


They both start shaking their heads before the words finish coming out of Amons mouth, tripping over each other in their refusal, "No. No, no. No thanks." "Not a chance in Westcrown."


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Amon narrows his eyes. "I think you can volunteer to go first, or you can be tried and sentenced here in the street. I will slit your ankle tendons and leave you to waste away under the heat of the sun. Your bodies will bloat and split like overripe tomatoes. Dogs and flies will devour your flesh. As befits bandits." He shrugs. "Or you can clear out the traps for us."


Can I get an intimidate check?

Morl spits at the small halfing, "We're in the woods, not the streets, I guess halfings smarts really are in line with their brain size. Clear the traps yerself ya fiend." Tald clears his throat carefully, "Uhh, I'll take my chances with the dogs and the flies, begging yer pardon sir. Honestly it beats wading into the unknown devily the Boss must've left down there."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

The eye plucking, tree hiding thug is now a trap making dynamo? Psha. The only danger in that hole is a stray spider or gangrene infected body parts. Still, if it will allay your fears, I will send in my servant. He can drag up to 100 lbs, setting off traps near the ground. What shall he drag?

Corneleous is certainly not eyeing one of the smaller corpses as a trap Springer. Still, his lack of reverence for the dead is born out of practicality. Very rarely do spirits rise from the dead, and almost always the undead are formed by trauma prior to death, not after.


Good 'ole Unseen Servant - to the rescue!

Corneleous spots some hefty looking branches nearby and directs the unseen servant to drag it from a little ways down from the log specified as the loot-location to the other side. Moving slowly, but steadily, the log appears to move of its own volition down the gully. Leaves, dirts, rocks are disturbed and kicked up, but nothing violent happens. The Viscount directs the servant back the other directly, on a slightly different path, covering more ground. Still nothing, on it's final pass a loud metallic SNAP! rings out, and the sharp teeth of a bear trap close violently over the dragging branch, nearly severing it into two pieces. Undeterred, the Unseen Servant continues to drag the branch till a chain staking the trap into the ground halts it's forward motion. The area in front of the loot-hole seems to be mostly trampled over.

Perception DC17 (can assist):
As the branch of the unseen servant moved across the ground you noticed small glints and flashes of light-on-metal, and you realize the ground down below was littered with caltrops. The dragging branch did a good job of exposing the hidden weapons however, and you believe you can see them all. At least the ones between you and the loot-hole.

Perception DC19 (can assist):
Besides these caltrops and the bear trap, you don't notice any other traps between you and the loot-hole. Approach the shallow pit dug into the far side of the gully and the bushes and branches around it at your own risk. You also notice the large and heavy log placed across the entrance to the loot-hole, and imagine you'll need to deal with that object as well.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Perception: Aid another1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Jaiyana remained silent throughout the exchange, keeping her flail in hand and paying careful attention to their foes, but turns to the Viscount after seeing him interact with the bandits and use his magic trick. "I enjoy your company more with each passing moment," she comments matter-of-factly.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"There are caltrops along the ground--I can see them cleared by the branch. I can guide us through them. I do not see any other traps. Except, of course, the log. It may be there to prevent, or facilitate, a collapse."

Enko sounds like Tuvok. I blame my wife watching Voyager on Netflix.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

A non issue.
With a sweep of his hand and a few muttered words of arcana,the ground in front of the Viscount begins swirling, as if an invisible broom was sweeping the dust away. Caught in the flurry are any Caltrops; it's slow but thorough. Cast prestidigitation on 'clean the floor' setting. A minor trick for the trained... I can't tell you how many hours of pointless chores I've avoided.

To Jaiyana the feeling is completely mutual, my dear. I would be lost without the essential aid of my stalwart comcompanions.

the Ornelos family motto: if it can be done, it can be done better with magic.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I wasn't trying to intimidate them. Their own sense of self-preservation, given the circumstances, is enough motivation.

Amon gives the bandits a deadpan stare. "You are safe. For now. I may still kill you." He turns his attention to Enko and Corneleous as they continue fishing with the unseen servant. "Let's be sure to take the bear trap and caltrops with us. They can be very handy, you know."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just 'encouraging them to remember their own sense of self-preservation'?? LOL, why can I imagine a mobster saying that to some store owner refusing to pay protection money. hehe.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I've always seen Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate as being ways to increase motivation. But if a character already has motivation, such as avoiding being killed, a check doesn't seem absolutely necessary.


See discussion thread for more on this interesting topic :)

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Flex Corneleous to Lucon:

After the battle dies down.

I couldn't help but notice your expression when I mentioned dealing with devils. It's true, my training in the Art was knee deep in devils and demons and the minions of hell. My extended family, particularly the Korvosan clan, trade in them. They summon them and bind them to their will. What you've seen me command are figments; replications of the most minor powers infused into normal animals. They are not the horrors that my cousins collaborate with. he pauses, polishing the Medusa-shaped head of his cane with a silk cloth. He swallows before he begins again, meeting Lucon in the eye. The minor powers are no different than tapping into fire or water, and no more dangerous. You have nothing to fear from my summons. The real danger is dealing with the devils directly. Any that have independent will; any summons that allows them to cross the threshold into our world rather than making a copy- that is what you should fear. For harnessing the power of those devils is never free. There's always an exchange of power, a bargain. Devils do not play lightly with humans. Souls, themselves, are often the currency. Had I not left my family, I might someday have learned those bindings. Now I shudder at the very notion of the devilkind sneaking their way past my defenses. I will grow in power, but only to fight such deplorable acts.


The group, aided by Enko and the Unseen Sweeper, makes it's way carefully down into the gully, and march up before the log. You all stand about 10' away from it, close to the opposite gully wall, the silence hanging heavy over the gathered. Occasional, discreet, glances between party members are exchanged, as if communicating their uncertainty and distrust of the off-kilter log and the short tunnel behind it. The two captives doing their level best to avoid looking directly at the log and the tunnel.

Finally Morl speaks up, "So you bunch of ninnies gonna go in their and get it or what? Forget the Hellknights and the bloody torturous death... I'm gonna die of boredom right here in this gully!"


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Boot To The Head.


'Hey he booted me in the head!' But the log remains unmoved by such a brutal booting.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

When do we get to wear the fancy pajamas? Hiiiya!

Amon picks up a nearby stone and loads it into his sling. He takes careful aim and tries to plink the log.

He will repeat until he hits it.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Or, the Unseen servant ties a rope around the log, handing the end to the burliest character to pull?


The stones from Amons sling plunk away at the log, but the heavy thing refuses to budge or react. Corneleous directs his Unseen Sweeper to change careers and you all watch a length of rope wind its way around the log and tie itself off. The knot is simple, but stays tied. Moving things along by assuming the needed strength is exerted.

When Lucon and several others tug on the rope several times, it finally topples over. You see a rope was attached to the log, on the side laying against the gully wall, and it is pulled tight when the log falls. For a moment nothing happens, but then a rush of head-sized stones fall over the edge of the gully wall, landing on the log and a good 10' spread all around it and the hole. You're able to sidestep and move back quite easily to avoid stubbed toes, but if anyone would have been under that deluge, the last thing on that beings mind would be treasure.

Once the dust has settled, several of you move the rocks out of the way and see what Belagio had hidden.

You find:

  • 1d1000 + 1000 ⇒ (578) + 1000 = 1578gp
  • 17 pieces of fine jewelry (30g each)
  • 2 mwk jeweled rapiers
  • 1 locked leather-bound ledger
  • 1 pouch of dried and shriveling eyeballs of differing colors and in various states of decay
  • small locked chest

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Cast detect magic!


Corneleous's notices a magic aura around the chest, but on no other objects.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Enhance! Corneleous turns his magical gaze to the chest in order to estimate what type of aura and how strong it is.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Jaiyana's eyes widen at the sight of so much coin gathered in one place and angrily thinks of the method used to collect it, and nearly gags at the sight of the eyes. She is no stranger to violence and bloodshed, but the decaying eyes were simply a disgusting sight. As the Viscount inspects the chest's magical properties, the ranger moves to carefully search it for traps.

Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"We should load these up and return them to their rightful owners," says Enko.

perception aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

"I agree. But how do we know how much belongs to whom?" Jaiyana concurs after inspecting the small chest (and revealing the results of her search to her companions, of course). "Perhaps this will give use a clue; mayhaps Belagio was the orderly sort," she finishes motioning to the locked ledger. The warrior slides a couple of picks from pockets in her leather armor and sets to work on the lock.

Disable Device:
If we are in no particular rush Jaiyana would take 20 for a total 28 on picking the lock with a couple minutes of work.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"As much as I would like to return it to their owners, without some sort of record I don't think it would be possible. Let's see what is in the chest."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Amon, I have heard of magic that forces men to speak only the truth. However, I believe that the power is divine in origin. Something like that might help us discern who is telling the truth. However, I am not sure we are willing to expose ourselves to such attention on the public. Perhaps there's a way for us to give the money and loot to a needy group. We may even wish to reinvest the funds to help the Torchbearers grow. Perhaps those who have lost an eye, the ones who have suffered most, should be helped first? Do you know of any magic that can reattach an eye plucked out?

to the others:
My friends, let us not dally here longer. These two ruffians need to be dealt with, and we have other troubles in the city. The cooperative one, we may yet find use for. The mouthy one, we may wish to deliver to the Hellknights directly!

The Viscount has expended a great deal of his power for the day, and his large frame almost sags with exhaustion.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko looks to the horses and back to the group.

"It should be fairly easy to track down recently eyeless merchants who came this way. We know one, and Yakopulio should be able to find the rest. Let them assemble and place their claims, but that can be the concern of others--AC, for example, who is still busy at the books if I recall. Our mission is merely to deliver Balagio; let's do that swiftly."

"We also have a funeral to prepare." Enko busies himself with wrapping up Tavi for one final journey back to Westcrown, leaving the loot inspection to the others, but eyeing the horses to make sure that there is enough room for all of the items.


Corneleous's concentration reveals the presence of a weak conjuration spell near the lock of the chest and a stronger magical presence inside, the wood distorting the stronger aura enough so he cannot determine its school of magic.

Jaiyana does find the chest is trapped, and knows that opening the lock while avoiding setting off the trap is doable, but at the edge of her skill. She does have more success opening the ledger, and finds its contents are written in a language perhaps unfamiliar. Does anyone speak/know elvish?

The two captives sit dejected as the loot is taken out and examined and their respective fates discussed.

Feel free to continue things here in flex time if desired, like what to do with loot, treasure found, etc..

The caravan decides to limp back to town before heading out on the road again. The Torchbearers round up their horses and Tavi's body, treating it with care and respect. They mingle amongst the caravan as they make their way back to town, returning the horses and ending up back at their base of operations. Arael and the rest great them with enthusiastic cheers and congratulations, until they see the wrapped body of Tavi... then a saddened hush falls over the group. Janiven steps forward, "What happened?" she says, getting right to the point, her features tight in sadness.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Just hand the ledger over to AC as well. Lazy bum.

"She fought well. Her spirit will be rewarded, wherever it has gone." Enko pauses and looks at Jaiyana, remembering the goblins in the tunnels. "She was a friend."

Enko appears to have something in his eye all of a sudden, possibly some dust from the trail.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

BAH! I knew I forgot something when I leveled! I added a second rank of linguistics, but failed to add an additional tongue! GM Mug- may I add one next time we level? For now, I'll stick with my linguistics check

I'm not fluent in Elvish, but perhaps I can cipher out something of use. The ledger please? The Viscount adjusts his glasses and peers intently at the writing.

Linguistics check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Bother, I can't make it out.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

For added effect, The Viscount swears in Azlant.


@Corneleous - That's fine. @Everyone - What exactly are you trying to find owners for? Everything?

Janivens head bows in sadness, and when she raises her head again you can see her eyes glisten wetly, "Yes she was, and a hero. She shall be remembered as such." There are many sad faces, and even some crying. Arael steps forward, his voice shaky but maintaining a strong front for those under his care, "This was supposed to be better news, but now seems as good a time as any. I'd like to introduce you all to a new friend of mine who I'm coming to trust quite strongly. She's already been on several missions with Janiven, and some of the others, and I feel she'd do the most good for the Torchbearers working with all of you. May I introduce, Ava Wavesdotter." Ava - feel free to post your introduction at any point. Arael puts a hand on the smaller dwarven ladies shoulder and guides her to stand next to him. After a moment resumes, "Things are going well for us, your efforts in particular are drawing public attention and we are making sure the credit is going to the right place. The fall of Belagio will further bolster our reputation. I propose we take a few days to put our affairs in order, grieve for the fallen, and resupply. There is a major task ahead of us, and I think it'll challenge the Torchbearers like nothing has yet. As always, if you need to rest here, please feel free." With that he moves over to Tavi's body and bows his head, his lips moving imperceptibly.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Sorry for the late reply, thought Twigs'd give me a heads-up when I needed to make an entry. On a side note, did you want me incorporate a full description of her here?

The stone-faced dwarf steps forward following Arael's introduction, giving the group a solemn nod. Her skin is pale and grey almost to the point of illness, and her locks are long and dark. From her pallid expression to her colourless clothes, nothing about her seems particularly warm or welcoming. She folds her arms behind her back as she speaks, carefully appraising the group before her.

"It is under unfortunate circumstances we meet. I offer my condolences." A pause. Her words are as cold as her demeanor, and her expression unreadable. "As you have been informed, I go by the name of Ava. Arael has told me of your progress, and I would consider it an honour to work alongside you. If you would have me, that is."


No worries. It's a weekend, not as much activity. As for the full description I'd say go ahead and post one. If it's long or if you just want to, just put it in a spoiler.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Mug--Enko's vote as the ethical thing to do would be to give the items back to the merchants.

Enko nods at Ava in greeting, his eyes kind. "A friend of Arael's is a friend of ours, Ava. Welcome. I am Enko Laberan, a Child of the Upper Reach." He bows, righting with a half smile, saying, "May we fight well together."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I take it that I need not expound upon my full title, m'lady. You may simply call me The Viscount, or Corneleous if dislike formalities. Well met. the Viscount extends his hand to his new friend.

Will Areal handle returning the goods?

Goblins next?

The viscount bids his leave from his fellows at the earliest opportunity to rest and recover his spells.


Arael and the other Torchbearers set to work identifying the stolen items and send Yakopulio out to gather a list of names of those who are in town and missing property... and an eyeball or two. She sets off grudgingly, not eager to return stolen goods -for some reason.

So I have 1 for returning everything, 1 non-vote and 3 who have yet to respond. I think I'll wait for everyone to check in, and vote, and state their intended actions. The Torchbearers (as Corneleous mentioned) have a Goblin 'King' job they can do and Arael mentioned he has some important news for the group which he'll share the next day.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Alright, will do. I updated my profile with some more information (added extra backstory, goals, significant people, etc.) a few days ago as well, if you didn't already know. Will update the 'Personality' bit over the next few week as I find my place in the group dynamic.

Physical Description of Ava:
The dwarven woman before you stands at 4'3". She is both muscular and shapely, possessing a tight-waisted hourglass figure. Her skin is a milky-grey colour and she possesses a straight river of raven locks. Her steel-grey eyes possess a vaguely focused expression and sit beneath a pair of rather thick neatly-kept eyebrows. She is neither beautiful nor ugly, but rather possesses a set of features that might seem attractive seperately, but come together as something completely mundane. A variety of metal piercings line her eats, most simply plain bars and studs.

Her ensemble is colourless, consisting of a white shoulderless blouse and rigid leather bodice along with a pair of solid black boots and a pair of grey-brown breeches. A combination of the low cut and the stiff material of her bodice cause her ample bosom to ripple like water when she walks - a distracting sight to say the least. She wears a holster for her axe and hammer on a leather baldric slung over her right shoulder and has numerous pouches and pockets on both her belt, bodice and pants.

Ava goes through the motions of greeting everyone, shaking hands and memorizing names. Some of these faces she has seen before, brief flashes of recognition from her years of smuggling. I like the idea of having bumped into and recognizing lots of different people in her twenty-odd years on the job. Can we incorporate that? As the events wind down she finds a place to sit and takes a careful inventory of her possessions, counting each coin twice, making sure that she isn't missing anything - simple busy-making as she keeps her ears open, listening out for anything interesting that might be mentioned.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko was an urchin of the docks, and Lucon is a dockside carpenter. Could have seen either, although Enko has been out of Westcrown for a good five years or so and was a teenager then.


@Ava - yes that's fine with me. Just confer with the others you may be aware of to get the story straight.

The Next Day
Arael and Janiven are having an intense conversation, and Janiven asks that you return next week so the plan can be finalized.

Go ahead and give a brief summary of what you do during the week (especially if it affects stats/inventory), and feel free to discuss going after the Goblin King if you want to do that instead of the week long R&R.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

The Viscount's activities:

I think he'd spend most of his time working with his would-be apprentice, and perhaps creating a few scrolls. 25g for each first level spell, right? I think he needs at least two grease spells.


Female Dwarf Rogue/4; Cavalier/1
Stats:
Max hp 43 | Init +3 Per +7 (+9 stone; Darkvision 60ft) | AC 20/ T 13/FF 18 (+2 vs Aberrations) | F +5/R + 6/ W +1 (+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like) | CMB +8 CMD 20 (24 stability)

Will do. I'll take it to the discussion thread.

Ava doesn't relish the idea of sitting about on her thumbs. She'll see what the general consensus is about going after the goblins and then find out what information the Torchbearers already have on Whitechin from Yakopulio. She'll try to push for it, but won't argue if it's heavily contested. Aside from being a chance to bolster the group's rep, it'll be a chance to observe and assess her new comrades, should that path be pursued. Not to mention the chance of finding something of value amongst the ruins.

Depending on what information we already possess, she might head out to gather some more intel from her various connections (Taking 10 on a Gather Information for 16) and/or ask Rat (See Significant NPCs) if he personally knows anything.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Screwing up the courage to ask her out, Amon politely requests the company of Fiosa on an evening of dining and frivolity. He takes her out for a nice (but not flashy) dinner, then to a local theater for a tasteful symphony performance. At the end of the evening, he is a gentleman and simply holds her hand and bows, thanking her for the lovely evening.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

How much would a nice date set me back?


Tamili spends more than a little time earnestly following the Viscounts directions and instructions. She even tries her hand at writing a spell onto a scroll, failing miserably the first time, but then what budding mage doesn't? Corneleous also finds the time to procure some scrolls of his own, these ones complete and thrumming with readied magical power. Yes, 25gp to scribe a 1st level scroll

Ava's efforts with Yakopulio prove mostly fruitless, just confirmation of Whitechin's location. The fetching halfling does reveal that the eyes of some very 'lofty' are on Whitechins band and favor will definitely be bestowed upon the group that can bring him down. Next, Rat agrees to meet her in a dark alley, poking his head up from a large garbage pail like some freakish children's puppet. He reveals that the goblin band number more than 20 but less than 30, and there's rumors that Whitechin has some goblin magic users in his employ.

Fiosa is demure and soft-spoken the entire evening, but a smile is definitely on her face, flushed with happiness throughout the evening. As he bids her farewell, Fiosa's hand is definitely hesitant to release Amons before she turns and rushes back into the Shrine and to her secluded quarters there. 1gp for the nice (but not flashy) dinner, and 4gp for the theater. Theater is highly regarded here in Westcrown, after all.

So, just until I hear otherwise, I am going on the assumption that every bit of loot and every cp is being returned to Belagio's victims. Correct me or not at your leisure.

A still-reluctant Yakopulio returns to let you know that the goods you wished to return to their owners are now back. She made certain her girls name-dropped the Torchbearers as much as was appropriate. The sassy halfling also tosses you each a silver coin in thanks, as her whore-house has received triple its regular business once word got out that stolen goods were being returned from that location. Local authorities almost made trouble for her business but so many of Belagio's victims vouched so strongly for Yakopulio's house, The Red Dwarf, that the dotarri were forced to back off.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I thought Yako was a gnome?

Enko meets with Mathalen and continues her training, showing her the exercise known as 'sticking hands' in which the two combatants maintain contact as they trade offense and defense.

He leaves one of Tavi's knives at the base of the statue of Aroden, and sits there in contemplation of impermanence for an hour. Later on, he finds more ragged clothes and leaves his meager gear in the Shrine, taking a roundabout path to the docksides of the Rego Scripa.

Sitting at the entrance to an alleyway near busy foot traffic with an alms bowl beside him, he does not look up when a deep voice says, "You look hungry."

He stares at the man's feet--large, muscles even on his toes, in sandals, not boots, and replies, "I appreciate anything you can give, sir."

The man grunts and drops few coppers into the bowl. Walking away, he counts the number of words in the sentence--seven--and makes his way to another district entirely, where he does business with a barrelmaker with a keen glint in his eye. "I'll be back next week for another seven barrels," he tells the cooper, and walks out.

The cooper idly tells a friend at the pub about falconry, who tells a messenger leaving the city of a torble repellent; the messenger rides North and passes a message along, and eventually, through many codes and cells, a hiker braves the Upper Reach and informs them simply that "Plans are proceeding. No assistance needed."

901 to 950 of 3,950 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.