Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


851 to 900 of 3,954 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

@Jaiyana - you ok eating the 2 AoO's then? Just making sure while we wait for Amon.
@Enko - Gah! I forgot about that, but I'll remember from now on... reminders are appreciated however :). Also I will see what I can do about the map. It may or may not happen depending on my schedule.
@Lucon - The merchants were 50' away at the end of last round.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

GM Mug:
Yes; it'll put more ground between her and Belagio and keep her out of melee long enough to heal up reasonably. Hopefully the fighting defensively will minimize damage from incoming AoOs and her round 8 action will be something other than coughing up blood. :)


Round 7

Corneleous lets a crossbow bolt fly towards distant Belagio, but the distance is too great and the bolt flies wide. He sighs and hands his crossbow back to be reloaded, and the unseen force begins immediately to do so.

Lucon stills himself for just a moment, answering his opponents request with a steely glare, finding his feet with shield held high. He looks around to his beleaguered companions and lets out a battle-cry. "For home and hearth! For the Torchbearers!" he bellows, anticipating the bodyguard's lunge and meeting him halfway with a blow to the midsection that skewers through his armour. The smirk the hulking man was sporting is replaced by disbelief at he slides from Lucons blade.

The wagon continues to distance itself, about 80' away at this point.

"Why...won't...you...die!?" Jaiyana spits at the bandit before her, breathing heavily. The pain of her many small wounds and the weight of her armor and flail begin to wear on her. Belagio's voice breaks her concentration on the foe at hand, and causes her to snap out of her tunnel vision, realizing that she is in no condition to battle three men at once, let alone the leader himself. She sets her flail spinning one more time, trying to fell at least one of the two men before her, drawing herself back defensively. Her shoulder's sag as another blow falls short. She glances to her allies, and starts backing toward Amon and Coreleous, looking for stength in numbers. She skirts guard1 and bandit4 who'r still engaged in there own little battle, and also are the halfway point from where she was fighting, and Corneleous. As Jaiyana retreats both bandit1 and 2 try to injure her retreating form, but fail to either hit or penetrate her armor.

Tavi slashes at Archer3, stabbing for his knees. She cannot catch the wily archer with her blade however.

BottingAmon pulls out his sling and lets fly at the nearby Bandit4, the stone striking him on the side of his head.

Enko's eyes dart toward the retreating Jaiyana as the bodyguard goes down in a bloody mess, and he darts over to the bandit attacking the pained guard1. He uncoils a fist at bandit4, and then moves swiftly to knock the man on his back with some unforseen motion of elbow and knee. He snaps a kick at the fallen bandit, knocking some of the wind from his lungs. Hope that's ok Enko... the bodyguard was down and people seem to be congregating.

Guard1 swings at Bandit4 once again, this time running the bandit through, his eyes rolling into his head as he falls to the ground. The guard looks up tiredly and grins weakly at the Torchbearers.

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 is hurt badly, and lies facedown on the ground.
----
Lucky for Amon, Archer1 continues to experience bad luck and misses the halfling.
Archer2 lies where he fell.
Archer3 drops the bow and wisks out his knife, slicing at Tavi but missing her completely.
Archer4 is gone.

Bandit1 (club) move in on the nearest foe, Lucon, but cannot hit the large man.

Bandit2 (axe) follows his fellow but likewise cannot hurt the armored carpenter.

Bandit3 remains down and out.

Bandit4 (club) lies at the guard1 and Enko's feet, out of the fighting.

Bandit5 (knife) again helps his boss up, ready to follow after him. "Ya ok sir?"

Bandit6 (club) lies still.

Bandit7 (knife) disappears among the trees in his flight from the insane Belagio.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio backhands bandit5 for his concern, and charges now for the closer Lucon, blades at the ready. His blades cut one deep crease in Lucons armor, but the other misses wide. "Well don't you look ready to die?" Bandit5 follows behind Belagio, but is not in position to attack.

The bodyguard lies in a wreck at Lucons and Belagios feet.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 1
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 void
Bodyguard: Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 5 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Guard2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 4 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Guard3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Tavi Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Amon RAttack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 12/19
Jaiyana 9/23
Tavi 11/19
Amon 10/20
Enko 13/13

Guard1 1/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 -2/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 -4/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 1/8 Running away

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 -2/9
Bandit4 8/9 Prone
Bandit5 2/9
Bandit6 -4/9
Bandit7 1/9 Running
Bandit8 -1/9 bleeding

Bodyguard -1/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)

The Scene
Guards2&3 are down
Archer4 is gone, and Bandit7 is still running off. Archer2, and Bandit3,4,6&8 are down.
Lucon, Enko, have killed the Bodyguard.
Jaiyana and Enko is standing by guard1.
Guard1 has downed bandit4, with a lot of help from you all.
Amon and Corneleous remain side-by-side.
Tavi is now engaged with Archer3 in the trees.
Archer1 is on the ground about 40' from Amon&Corneleous, on the right side of the road.
Belagio stands where his bodyguard was, fighting with Lucon, neaby stands bandit5.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Oh man, oh man. I should have known better than to check the thread when I should be in class. As much as I'd like to post right now... alas! I cannot! I should have one up in a few hours once I get home.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Round 8:

Attack acid bolt@Belagio, ranged touch (#2 of the day) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
dmg 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Move, take the loaded crossbow.
Unseen servant: send him with a potion to pour down Jaiyana's throat.


Cornelous:
imo, the command to hold>uncork>take to this spot>pour down that girls throat is slightly too complex. Generally if I can find a way to phrase a sentence in my mind which doesn't include any (or many) conjunctions I'll allow the unseen servant to understand it. I picture your command to be something like "Uncork this over by that woman", instead of the too complex "Uncork this over by that woman and pour it down her throat." If you think you have a way to accomplish a task without conjunctions please phrase them in RP, otherwise I'll use my best judgement, which you just saw an example of. Cool?

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Mug:
No worries, it's more about bringing it than uncorking it. I just meant the 'pour it down her throat' as a flourish of writing. Did Amon even take the last one?


Corneleous:
Although it hasn't been documented anywhere... yes he did. :) and healed for 1d8 ⇒ 4hp


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 8:
AC 17; hp 17/22

Jaiyana gives a grateful nod to the Viscount as the potion bobs near her. She snatches it out of the air and gulps it quickly down, feeling the worst of her injuries numb and heal with miraculous speed.

Move action: Grab potion.
Standard action: Drink potion.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8; awesome, back in the saddle!


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Round 8:

Amon whips his sling at Belagio.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

R8:
Lucon's foe drops to the ground in front of him and the carpenter raises his weapon in challenge, but as Belagio approaches his courage seems to leave him. Staggering backwards and dropping his guard, suddenly, the man looks too small for his armour and too clumsy for a blade. He ducks behind his shield, bringing his blade around in a low arc.

Move Action:5-foot step towards the others.
Standard Action: Fighting Defensively:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Edit: Ooh, rolling to confirm:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 8:

Hope you allow this. :D
Enko draws a small bag from a sleeve. thus drawing an AoO from Balagio.
As Balagio attacks, Enko pulls Balagio forward, grabbing his knife arm and pulling him to the ground, kneeing him in the abdomen for good measure.
Redirection Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 (DC 11 Reflex or sickened 1 round)

and if he rises...

AoO Throw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Enko aims the bag at Balagio's foot; as it strikes it splats open, releasing a gooey mix of tar and resin.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

PSST LUCON WAIT FOR PRONE CONDITION KTHX


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

D'oh! I remembered but I assumed you'd mark a different target and I wouldnt have a flanking buddy. I'd like to delay, please! Should give me a +6 to my attack roll! (or +2 and -4 to his AC... I'm not certain on the specifics)


Round 8

Corneleous releases yet another sizzling acid from outstretched fingers, this one moving with deadly precision to slam into Belagio's side. He screams as the acid burns his skin. Before the acid even reached Belagio, the Viscount reaches behind himself and snatches the now-loaded crossbow from the air. Holding open his pouch you can see a potion rise of it's own accord, uncork itself, and move at a sedate pace towards the injured Jaiyana.

The wagon turns around a bend, now well over 100' away, and no longer in visual range of the bandit archers.

Jaiyana gives a grateful nod to the Viscount as the potion bobs near her. She snatches it out of the air and gulps it quickly down, feeling the worst of her injuries numb and heal with miraculous speed. +8hp Jaiyana. Next time, if an uncorked potion is floating in front of your face you only need a standard to drink it. The move action used to retrieve a potion from a pouch is unneeded in this specific situation. For next time, and of course this goes for everyone.

Tavi continues to slice ineffecively at Archer3, sweat beading her brow.

Amon whips his sling at Belagio, the stone passing just passing between Belagio and Lucon, but missing both. Woulda hit, but the melee he was in caused a miss.

Enko draws a small bag from a sleeve as he moves stand again by Lucon to face Belagio. Seeing the monk distracted Belagio cuts at him visciously, but Enko wasn't distracted in the slightest, actually luring the injured bandit to attack. As Balagio attacks, Enko pulls Balagio forward, grabbing his knife arm and pulling him to the ground, kneeing him in the abdomen for good measure. Belagio turns his body just enough to avoid a direct hit from Enko's knee, even as he falls to the ground.

Lucon's huge foe drops to the ground in front of him and the carpenter raises his weapon in challenge, but as Belagio approaches his courage seems to leave him. Staggering and dropping his guard, suddenly, the man looks too small for his armour and too clumsy for a blade. He ducks behind his shield, bringing his blade around in a low arc. However as Enko appears beside him, Lucon takes courage and when Belagio is dropped to the ground Lucon wastes no time, bringing his sword down, hard. The sword pierces deep into Belagio's shoulder, even as the man tries twisting to evade the attack. He looks severely injured, his one good eye darting about wildly.

Guard1 seems content to wait by Jaiyana's side, sword raised as he waits for the more experienced Jaiyana to make her move, ready to assist.

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 is hurt badly, and lies facedown on the ground.
----
Finally Archer1 releases an accurate shot at Amon, the arrow slamming into the halflings shoulder. -3hp Amon
Archer2 lies where he fell.
Archer3 feints right and then lunges toward Tavi, grabbing the halfling woman in a tight grip, her blade catching the Archer3 in the neck for his trouble. However, he's overbalanced them both, and halfing and archer tumble from the tree. Both hit the ground at awkward angles, and lie unmoving where they fell.
Archer4 is gone.

Bandit1 (club) reingages Lucon, but still cannot injure the defensively moving carpenter.

Bandit2 (axe) follows his fellow and this time hits Lucon, despite the defensive weaving of his sword. -4hp Lucon

Bandit3 remains down and out.

Bandit4 (club) lies at the guard1 and Enko's feet, out of the fighting.

Bandit5 (knife) charges at Enko, determined to help his boss. The knife opens a narrow gash on the monks arm. -2hp Enko

Bandit6 (club) lies still.

Bandit7 (knife) disappears among the trees in his flight from the insane Belagio.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio, prone, injured, and furious doesn't even consider the poor position he's in, trying to stand and attack. "Die! Die! Die!" Enko, seeing an opportunity, aims the bag he'd drawn earlier at Balagio's foot; as it strikes it splats open, releasing a gooey mix of tar and resin. He attacks at Lucon anyways, and misses two times in a row. Belagio is stuck

The bodyguard lies in a wreck at Lucons and Belagios feet.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 7 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Tavi Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Belagio reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 8/19
Jaiyana 17/23
Tavi -3/19
Amon 10/20
Enko 11/13

Guard1 1/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 -2/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 -4/8
Archer3 -1/8
Archer4 1/8 Gone

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 -2/9
Bandit4 -2/9
Bandit5 2/9
Bandit6 -4/9
Bandit7 1/9 Gone
Bandit8 -1/9

Bodyguard -1/16
Belagio 2/18 +4Str(Potion)


The Scene
Guards2&3 are down
Archer4 is gone, and Bandit7 gone. Archer2&3 and Bandit3,4,6&8 are down.
Lucon, Enko, are engaged by Belagio, Bandit5, Bandit1 and Bandit2. Lucon is flanked.
Jaiyana is standing by guard1, 20' from both Amon&Corneleous on one side, and Enko&Lucon on the other.
Amon and Corneleous remain side-by-side.
Tavi is down and unmoving.
Archer1 is on the ground about 40' from Amon&Corneleous, 25' from Jaiyana&Guard1, on the right side of the road.

On to Round 9!!

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

r9:

Attack whoever is standing closest, crossbow1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dmg 1d8 ⇒ 2
Reload drop.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

GM Mug:
If Jaiayana would have had a move action left, would it be okay if I had her stow her heavy flail? If it is too late to retcon it I will just drop it when I post her round 9 action.


Jaiyana:
Sure! Consider it done.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 9:
AC 17; hp 17/22

Feeling better after the magical healing Jaiyana is ready to re-enter the fray. She sees that Lucon and Enko are engaged with the majority of the remaining foes and makes a quick decision to clear the field of the final archer before moving to assist. The ranger moves toward the bow-wielding bandit and draws a vial of alchemist's fire as she goes, hurling it toward her foe.

Move action: Draw a weapon-like object while moving 15' to 20' so there is a vacant 5'-square between Jaiayana and the archer.
Standard action: Throw splash weapon.

Attack against touch AC:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10; damage:1d6 ⇒ 3

*Sigh.* Well if nothing else he needs a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid 1 point of fire damage.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 9:

lol, by RAW my AoO's leave a person flat-footed--it didn't say it has to be a damaging attack. Silly rule, and anyhow, Balagio is -4 Dex due to the tanglefoot bag. And -2 on his hits!

Enko shows no mercy to the raging Balagio. "Your reign of terror is at an end, Balagio," he says, and delivers swift, punishing blows in a blur of open palms.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Flurry 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

[spoiler=Round 9] Attack on new count:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Round 9:
Attack on new count: Lucon brings his arm back with a steely look in his eye and plunges his blade into Belagio's heart.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Are any enemies within 30 feet of me?


@Amon - no the nearest enemy to you is 40'. Off at the edge of the trees on the right side of the road is Archer1, and in the left/middle of the road are Belagio and three of his henchmen. 20' from you, roughly in between you and Archer1, stand Jaiyana and Guard1.


Round 9

Corneleous aims his crossbow and attacks the nearest bandit, one of those flanking Lucon. The bolt sails wide of the melee.

The wagon is well out of sight.

Feeling better after the magical healing Jaiyana is ready to re-enter the fray. She sees that Lucon and Enko are engaged with the majority of the remaining foes and makes a quick decision to clear the field of the final archer before moving to assist. The ranger moves toward the bow-wielding bandit, drawing a vial of alchemist's fire as she goes, stopping a few feet away and hurling it toward her foe. The Archer1 smiles as the deadly concoction misses him, but then is caught by surprise as the container shatters, however he does manage to twist out of the way of the splash.

Guard1 moves quickly after Jaiyana, already prepared to move should she attack someone. But he fails to injure Archer1 further.

Tavi remains down.

BottingAmon moves 10' along the right side of the road towards Jaiyana and Archer1, and lets fly with another projectile from his sling. The stone sails off into the trees, not connecting.

Enko shows no mercy to the raging Balagio. "Your reign of terror is at an end, Balagio," he says, and delivers swift, punishing blows in a blur of open palms. The first strike Belagio manages to turn away from, but this only opens him up more for Enko's follow up strike to the mans temple, and Belagio crashes to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Lucon brings his arm back with a steely look in his eye to plunge his blade into Belagio's heart, but seeing that Enko took the man down, he turns the strike towards one of the other bandits surrounding him, running the bandit2 through. The bandit topples over slowly, a trickle of blood spilling from his mouth.

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 lies face-down on the ground.
----
Combat is over
With the downing of Belagio and the Bodyguard, the rest of the bandits lose heart. Archer1 runs off into the trees (Jaiyana you can pursue if you'd like, but he is faster than you and will win a footrace. You have a chance for 1 ranged attack on him if you want.) Bandit5 and Bandit1 throw down their weapons, and kneel with hands raised high. "Please please let us live! We give up! We surrender!!" they plead in wide-eyed fear. What was supposed to be another simple robbery, and Belagio having a little of his brand of fun, turned into the dismantling of their band. A check of the bodies show that one of the injured guards still live, but Tavi had landed on one of her knives in the fall from the trees and no trace of life remains in the fiesty young halfling girl. Your horses have scattered a little during the fierce battle, but all remain nearby, including Tavi's. The wagon you fought so hard to protect is gone around several curves in the road.
What do you do with the remaining bandits and the bodies of friends and foes?

If you search the bodies:

Leather Armor - x7
Chain Shirt - x1
Mwk Chain Shirt - x1
Longbows - x3/x4 if Jaiyana kills Archer1 (Archer4 threw his down before running away)
Arrows - x35
Knives - x4
Clubs - x3
Axes - x3
Mwk Longspear - x1
Mwk Heavy Mace - x1
Mwk Longsword (jeweled) - x1
Starknife - x1
Potion CLW - x2
Potion Brownish liquid - x1
Various pieces of jewelery - x5
Gold Pieces: 1d50 + 50 ⇒ (19) + 50 = 69
Silver Pieces: 1d200 + 50 ⇒ (41) + 50 = 91
Sense Motive DC 12:
The captured bandits seem like they're hiding something.
Intelligence DC15/DC11 if you get the sense motive check first:
While the amount of money and loot is not minor, you'd have expected much much more from all the reports of attacks that were reported and victims Belagio maimed.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

You bandits will remove all of your clothes. One of you will lead us to your base. The other will be held here under penalty of death should the guide lead us falsely.

Sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Int check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The Viscount casts detect magic for the search, and readies rope to bind the prisoners.

How far did the caravan get? Would the guards be able to ride back to their companions?


The bandits look at each other at the Viscounts command, and one starts to quickly remove his clothes, "Hold it there Rendel!" and he gives you all a sly look, "How do we know you won't just kill us once you get the goods?" Upon hearing this question, the other bandit stops his clothes removal and looks up at Corneleous, "Please sir, I don't want to die!"

The caravan isn't far at all, with only about a 3 or 4 minute head start. If the injured guard is healed, he could ride with the guard who's still standing and stop the caravan.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Int: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"If you don't want to die, then you should have chosen a different profession," says Enko. "We offered you a chance to surrender and you opted not to take it. Accordingly, we make no guarantees, but if you cooperate, you will improve your chances. He has none," Enko says, his foot on Balagio's shoulder.

Enko nods to Lucon, indicating to the weary fighter to knock them over if they resist.

Tavi! We need to give her a hero's burial. Well, at least Unseen Archer Squire and Flurry of Bags worked. I have been dying to try Flurry of Bags.


The bandits look at each other, "Improve our chances? Well that sounds downright looney! We know what the dotarri or the hellknights'll do to us." The talkative one gives a little shudder, "and none of you look half so mean as those evil-looking knights. Belagio has lots of goods stashed away, and we'll promise never to go robbing again either!" They both look at you, hands clasped in front of them imploringly.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Lads, you forfeited your lives the moment you took up arms as a brigand. Justice would be to inflict the same injuries upon you that you gave innocent merchants. Fairness would be to give you a clean and painless death here. We the Torchbearers may even yet find a way for you to keep your lives and earn your freedom, depending how far down the path from redemption you've strayed. Returning the stolen loot is a first step back on that good path. It's your choice: we'll dispatch you to Hell or you can cooperate with us now.

To Lucon Do you think you could catch up to the Caravan and your son?


The former-bandit shakes his head, "I still don't hear what I need to hear. Living with that crazy loon every day... Lets just say we woke up expecting to be dead. If he took a fancy to your eyes." The bandit shudders involuntarily, "I don't want to die, but these maybe's and improving our chances business isn't going to get you what you want."

Sense Motive DC 10:
The talkative one is very serious about his demands, he almost seems as if he expects to be killed an any moment. The quiet one seems to go along with him.
Sense Motive DC 15:
The quiet, scared one is close to spilling the beans, but with the louder one doing all the talking he'll follow right along to whatever fate the other fellow gets for him.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Tell us what you want to hear." Enko is impassive and does not look very forgiving.

can Amon just cast Command? These losers killed Tavi.


If he has the spell, sure. But the abilities of **command** are somewhat limited and may not be very helpful here.

The talkative one speaks up, "We want to live. Not maybe live, not a step in the direction of living. We want to live."

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

What guarantee do we have that you won't turn back to a life of crime? You served a man who sadistically plucked out innocent people's eyes. You carry a great deal of sin on your shoulders. It may be more humane for us to end your lives here. How would you plan to atone for your deeds? The stolen loot is not a bargaining chip for your freedom. You will bring us to it, or you will die here and the birds will pick clean your bones. After you turn over the loot to be returned, we will consider your future options.


The talkative one gets upset, "We're robbers, fine. But you're gonna kill us because our crazy boss stole eyes along with coins." Gathering his courage the mouthy one rips his shirt a bit, "You're as bad as the Hellknights, just kill me now." The quiet one turns wide eyes at his bandit friend but maintains his silence, clearly quite terrified.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"We will not kill you." Enko looks to Corneleous for a moment. "Not without provocation."


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Amon listens carefully to the bandits, attempting to discern whether or not they speak the truth.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Ah, sword-point repentance. How charming." The halfling oracle sneers. "If you truly found it disagreeable, you could have stopped earlier, before all of your fellows were slain and we are angry from our wounds. I suggest that you cooperate fully to get into our good graces. Only a fool would expect guarantees in your position."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

What would the hellknights or the dotari typically do to the criminals? What's the punishment for banditry, murder, and mutilation/torture?
I'm guessing even if we turn them over to the the authorities, they may suffer more than if we cleanly dispatch them here. It's not the same as the hellknights (law 'enforcement') in the city.

Particularly the mouthy one is asking for it.

Local punishments/laws? Knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Metagaming:

The Viscount is visibly angered. His jowls are red, he's sweaty and tired from the ride. Although uninjured, he's tottering from the massive expenditure of magic- his staff cane is the only thing keeping him from toppling over.

The talkative one has shown no remorse for his crimes. He admits to banditry and to being a part of the mutilation. What further enrages Corneleous is the disregard he shows for the horrible act of maiming innocents. Robbery he can understand; survival sometimes requires drastic actions. But to willingly (and remorsefully) cooperate with a savage like Belagio sickens him.


Let's say Lucon went after the caravan while you others questioned the bandits. His return with the wagon and his son can be completed by this point.

@Cornelous - The dotarri would take a hand. Hellknights, especially some factions, would try to get the location of their loot, using torture. They'd probably inflict the same level of physical damage the bandits did to others before killing them as well. Likely taking both eyes as part of the punishment before killing them.

The bandit sneers right back at Amon, "Who's repentin? We robbed em, and maybe roughed em up a bit, then Belagio would have his fun. Just how it was." He seems to have been telling the truth since you've been questioning him. But he's clearly holding something back related to the stash, possibly its location, you can't really tell.

He does look quite cheered up by Enko's announcement, "Really?! Why didn't you say so?" He points with a toss of his head to the east and the north, "The stash is that way." Assuming no one stops him and kills him. He struggles to his feet and helps his fellow up. They lead you on a 20 minute walk through the forest until you find yourselves at the top of a steep embankment, a dry creek bed fifteen feet down. It's here the bandit stops, pointing with one hand, "Right down there, see that log propped at this angle?" He indicates the angle with his hand, "If you move that out of the way, and toss the low shrubs out of the way, you'll see a short cave. Inside about 10' you'll find the goods."


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Rolls:
Sense Motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Int Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

... welp.

Lucon walks around the battlefield, sadly scooping up the halfling woman in his arms, cradling her like a ragdoll. He waves off the Viscount absentmindedly, forgetting his usual stiff courtesies, and shakes his head. "We could catch up, but I would rather the boy not see me with a knight's weapon at my belt." he says, holding the scabbard in two hands as if it were a stolen treasure, grimacing guiltily. "It... would not do to put ideas into his head." He sighs, mournfully, and stays silent through most of the exchange, though the young bandit's pleas seem to move him. He looks earnestly at his companions, his face grim and silent, but his eyes pleading for pity.

"The Hellknights will merely take a hand. Better a maimed man than a dead one, lad." he says, laying Tavi reverently over one of the skittish horses and advancing on the bandits with rope in hand. Pray to your gods, and perhaps the dottari will not deliver you to the citadel for justice..." he says, with an apologetic smile, and if faced with no resistance will bind their hands, stumbling a little with the knots. Taking 20, if possible.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

D'oh, ninja'd by a minute! And Cornelius' knowledge check just made a liar of me too! :P


I think you're statement is more in line with the dotarri actually, for bandits. The hellknights play by their own rules however.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"You're trying to distance yourself from the actions of your employer. Since you actively helped him, you are complicit." He turns to the rest of the party. "Let's find these goods, then show them how the Torchbearers deal with criminal scum."


The bandit turns and points at Enko, his voice suddenly shaky, "That one said we wouldn't be hurt!" He looks frantically at Enko, "Don't let them make a liar out of you good sir!"


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"I said you wouldn't be killed. And you will not,by us, unless you provoke it."

Enko has steel in his voice,though no anger. "You have set your plans in action. There is a price to pay. We cannot determine it; we can only say that you will be spared for now."

He turns to the other Torchbearers. "There may be traps. We should not allow them to set them off."


The bandit starts to protest further, but he stops, clearly having difficulty remembering the precise words of the monk. He starts again, but, realizing he's agreed to nothing concrete, falls silent and sullen. There is no change in the other, quieter bandit.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Your full name lad. Give it. You fear the Hellknights? Perhaps you missed the demon that I brought forth from the bowels of hell? Perhaps you failed to notice that only you and your quiet companion are left with air in your lungs? My companions have agreed not to kill you. I have not. I could kill you with a flick of my hand. You watched as your boss plucked eyes from living victims. You could have stayed his hand, or left him and his sickness. But instead you helped. You may not have held the knife, but the blood of those men and women are on your hands. The viscount makes sure that his crossbow is floating near his hand, loaded.


The loud bandit has had enough apparently, and maintains his silence, staring at the Viscount in hatred. The quiet one speaks up for the first time, visibly quivering at the mages wrath and the floating crossbow, "I'm Tald Westaldi, and this here's Morl. Please sir mage sir, we don't want to die! Don't sic your demons on us!"


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Lucon keeps his eyes downcast through the Viscount's threat, particularly at the mention of a demon. He raps his knuckles on the wagon three times, cursing an oath on the seven hells and making the sign of the pentagram for good measure. Breathing a small sigh of relief, he fidgets with the rope a little before presenting the rope and roughly tying the lad's hands.

"Westaldi. Good Wiscrani name." he says, thoughtfully. "Have you a trade, lad?" he says, pulling the knot taut.

If they resist, the same dialogue without the binding of hands. I don't expect they will, though. :P


Not showing any resistance, the dirt covered bandit seems glad that no one's hit him yet, "Not anymore sir, father was a dotarri, but haven't seen him for a long time. Probably dead. Never knew mom. Being a thief is all I've known." Morl just glowers.

I've purposely not moved anyone towards the apparent location of the rest of the loot. If someone decides to go investigate I'll need a climb (DC5) for the 15' decent, a perception check (DC??), and a strength check (DC8). Feel free to take 10 on any of these if you desire.

851 to 900 of 3,954 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.