Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


801 to 850 of 3,954 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Mug:
He debated giving the mage armor spell to another of the party; no one really seemed to need it. He should have memorized something else, but with my current state of sick, he's glad he has it.

He'd probably also cast unseen servant- I imagine that the servant would cling to the back of his cloak on the horse while traveling. As he goes up in level, mage armor and unseen servant will likely become 'constant' spells- their long duration makes them a normal part of the 'ready to roll' routine.

For now, though, I'll have him cast it as part of the fight.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Roughly how far away are the bandits? And are we riding mounts that are trained to keep calm in combat?


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Who else is in the wagon with Amon?

Round 1:

Ready action to cast cure light wounds on anyone injured. Amon will hop down from the wagon to cast it if need be. BUT only if someone takes a serious hit.

(using needle) 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

We have a wagon? Hmm that's tempting to be a passenger instead of having to focusing on riding.

round 1:

Assuming that the Viscount has ridden into firing range:
Move action: Dismount, putting the horse in between the bandits and myself (like the police do with their cars; he'll be sniping from cover).

standard: Cast grease on the ground (assuming that all the bandits are not sharing the same tree. He would try to hit as many bandits as possible; if they are too spread out then try to maximize the position to hit at least 2- and put the grease in an area that will hamper them from coming at either the caravan or the party. Grease is a 10' square.


I was unaware of a wagon, I intended everyone to ride. A wagon would not have caught up nearly as quickly to the merchants, and since speed seemed to be the issue, you all horsed it. The nearest bandits on the ground are 25' away, the nearest in the trees are right over head (5'). You don't know if the mounts are combat trained or not, you were all in quite the hurry to depart.

Corneleous:
I am unaware of any rules on unseen servant riding a horse, and given their land speed... I'm going to rule that one couldn't cling to you while you rode a horse. The 'violence' of the ride would be too much for the energies holding them together, or something like that. :)


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I wouldn't fight from a horse--none of us has Mounted Combat training. Geroff and take out the archers, I say.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Sorry, I suggested earlier that we use a wagon as a disguise and I didn't notice anyone shoot down the idea. I assumed we had one.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Amon: I think we were talking about setting up our own caravan, only to find out that there was already a caravan in jeopardy. I got confused a bit but I think we're on track.

Mug:
I completely forgot they couldn't climb- there's no way the unseen servant could hang on; unless we strap/saddle/tie him on ;)


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

D'oh! Sorry! I just realised who we were waiting on! :P

Round 1:
"Aric? ARIC?" the man shouts, swinging from his hourse in his confusion, foot nearly getting caught in the stirrups in his haste. He claps the horse on its hindquarters and sends hit bolting, hand shooting to the sap on his belt, before drawing his longsword. No mercy for butchers.

Move action: Dismount
Standard Action: Draw a weapon and ready vs. approach.

Fairly sure I can draw as part of an attack action.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 1:
AC 15 before turn, 17 after; hp 22/22

Jaiayna quickly climbs from the horse and dons armor-plated coat.

Move action: dismount.
Standard action: don armor.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Also, can we tell if the archers in the trees are strapped in, or just perched/hanging on? Please ignore the evil grin.


They are precariously perched. I don't have time to do a resolution post justice before I leave for Six Flags, but one is coming ASAP! Some new stuff going on in the recruitment thread as we lost our erstwhile halfling. (I'm not even sure what erstwhile means... but I'm fairly sure I used it correctly)


Round 1

Corneleous moves off the horse and casts a spell, and a shimmering appears nearby in the air, and then disappears.

"Aric? ARIC?" Lucon shouts, swinging from his hourse in his confusion, foot nearly getting caught in the stirrups in his haste. He claps the horse on its hindquarters and sends hit bolting, hand shooting to the sap on his belt, before drawing his longsword. No mercy for butchers.

A dark haired youth looks up from the merchant wagon at Lucons' shout, trying to find the source of the voice.

Jaiayna quickly climbs from the horse and dons armor-plated coat.

Tavi jumps from her horse, as Enko did, and lands lightly on a branch with an archer. She slashes at him viciously with a knife, a dark red line appearing across his chest. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Amon readies himself to move towards someone injured. Life-Link w/Enko

Enko vaults into the nearest tree, and in a dizzying blur of motion, lashes an open palm at the pressure point of the bandit archer on the branch near him. The archer scarcely has time to register the monk is in the tree with him before he is knocked prone, falling the ten feet to the ground with a painful thud. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
----
The bandits finally realize they're ambush is falling apart and turn to face this unexpected attack, an easy merchant suddenly turned into dangerous attackers.

Archer 1 is the one Enko attacked and reaches for his bow and then stands up, wobbling slightly.
Archer 2 Turns and fires at Enko, only a tree away. The shot is errant, the foliage too dense around the monk.
Archer 3 lets fly her arrow at Lucon, looking to bring the biggest attacker down. The arrow strikes the mans armor before tumbling off into the bushes.
Archer 4 stares at the red blood welling from his chest before dropping his bow and drawing a knife of his own, slashing at Tavi. It cuts across the halfings shoulder. -1hp for Tavi, guess I'll track that :(
There are two guards with the merchants, but they clearly thought the danger was past and are taken unawares. They grab at weapons and jump from the wagon.

The eight bandits on the ground also realize their predicament, and despite the new adversaries they turn and fight. Besides, they still out number you... and they show an extra confidence in their situation you would not have expected from bandits, as if they know something you do not.
Bandit 1 (club) turns and rushes at Jaiyana, striking her hard across the shoulders. -5hp Jaiyana
Bandit 2 (axe) rushes after his club wielding friend, but his swing of the axe fails to land on Jaiyana.
Bandit 3 (axe) looks at Enko in the trees, but decides to go after a closer target and charges Lucon, but the big man doesn't even need to shift for the axe to rush harmless past him.
Bandit 4 (club) this man is nearest to Amon, and tries to get at him around the milling horses, but can't quite reach the small halfling.
Bandit 5 (knife) On the other side of the road rushes towards Lucon, finding a chink in the armor and sticking the carpenter deeply. -4hp Lucon. Crit but didn't confirm
Bandit 6 (club) also rushes Lucon, but doesn't land his blow.
Bandit 7 (knife) rushes one of the merchant guards, and bloodies the man considerably.
Bandit 8 (axe) seeing Lucon distracted he runs up behind him and sinks his axe deep into Lucons upper back - and then wrenches it free for another blow. -7hp Lucon. You are now flanked. Another Crit not confirmed, ouch!

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 2
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Archer4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Bandit8 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Archer4 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bandit8 Confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Bandit5 Confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Surprise roll: 1d4 ⇒ 4

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous
Lucon 19/19 > 8/19
Jaiyana 22/22 > 17/23
Tavi 19/19
Amon 20/20
Enko 13/13
Guard1 9/9 > 5/9
Guard2 9/9
Guard3 9/9
----
The bandits (which include)
Archer1 6/8 prone, disarmed
Archer2 8/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 8/8 > 3/8

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 9/9
Bandit3 9/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 9/9
Bandit6 9/9
Bandit7 9/9
Bandit8 9/9

Archer 4 is battling Tavi in the trees
Bandits 1 & 2 are attacking Jaiyana
Bandits 3, 5, 6, & 8 are attacking Lucon
Bandit 4 is after Amon

Post Round 2 spoilers please. Lets do this thing! :)


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Round 2:

Amon rushes to Lucon and murmurs a prayer of healing, touching him lightly on the arm. His wounds begin to knit and heal.

Case cure light wounds. Use noble needle to take 2hp damage for additional 2hp healing.
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Amon - 2 damage


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 2:

Enko sees Lucon threatened on many sides, and leaps from his perch, landing to tumble beside a bandit on the ground. not sure which one is closest to me, but I would like to flank with Lucon if possible. Ideally #8.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

He continues his motion, rising up from the tumble, and strikes with an elbow to the side of the bandit, intending to knock him prone.

Trip + Flank: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |
GM Mug wrote:
Bandits 3, 5, 6, & 8 are attacking Lucon

Hooray! I'm popular! Current HP = 12

Now, my I take my readied attack against Bandit 3? Here it is, regardless.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Aaaaaa schwing and a miss!

Round 1:
Lucon's eyes flash to his son, and he sweeps his hood back, sighing in relief, a weary smile cracking across his face as an axe buries into his back. He'll grit his teeth, stamping his foot, and turn around, wheeling in close to the bandit and bringing his blade across his throat.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

round 2 addenda:

AoO for tripped bandit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Successful AoO triggers Unbalancing Counter

If anyone tries to attack Enko he will use redirection.
Redirection (Trip): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

r2:

Hmm. What effect did the grease spell from round 1 have?

Summon monster I: devil eagle. He should appear ready to swoop and attack the treed bad guys, potentially stealing weapons or trying to push them. How high up are they?
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 2:
AC 18; hp 17/22

Jaiyana grits her teeth as the club collides with her shoulder- even with the extra padding from the armored coat the blow struck hard. She snarls at her attacker, eyes full of rage and promising a painful end, but her attention is quickly drawn to a second foe besieging her, one's whose axe appears far more dangerous than a heavy chunk of wood. In a fluid motion the ranger draws her heavy flail and drops into a defensive stance as she brings it down atop her enemy.

Move action: Draw heavy flail.
Standard action: Atttack "Bandit 2" with Combat Expertise.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Round 2

Corneleous delays an action for now PM discussion pending

Jaiyana grits her teeth as the club collides with her shoulder- even with the extra padding from the armored coat the blow struck hard. She snarls at her attacker, eyes full of rage and promising a painful end, but her attention is quickly drawn to a second foe besieging her, one's whose axe appears far more dangerous than a heavy chunk of wood. In a fluid motion the ranger draws her heavy flail and drops into a defensive stance as she brings it down atop her enemy. However the bandit sees the flail coming too early and sidesteps it easily, an evil grin coming to his face.

Tavi continues her battle in the trees, darting in with a lightning quick strike at the archer. Another cut, this time high on the mans thigh causes bright blood to spill down his leg. The archer grimaces in pain and shock, but doesn't fall from the branch.

Amon rushes to Lucon and murmurs a prayer of healing, touching him lightly on the arm. Seeing as Lucon is surrounded by four men, Amons movement draws an attack by one of them, but it fails to land on the elusive halfing. Lucons wounds begin to knit and heal. +10hp Lucon and -2hp Amon

Enko sees Lucon threatened on many sides, and leaps from his perch, landing to tumble beside a bandit on the ground. He continues his motion, rising up from the tumble, and strikes with an elbow to the side of the bandit, intending to knock him prone. However his elbow strike fails to connect and the bandit8 remains upright. Enko does now flank Bandit8 w/Lucon. Sorry no AoO available this round.

Lucon's eyes flash to his son, and he sweeps his hood back, sighing in relief, a weary smile cracking across his face as an axe buries into his back. He'll grit his teeth, stamping his foot, and turn around, wheeling in close to the bandit and bringing his blade across his throat. The bandit8 goes down in a shower of blood, the smug look he'd had at sticking his axe into Lucon very much erased. Flanking bandit8 with Lucon is no more, but on the bright side a bandit is dead! :) Also sorry about your missed readied action, but it was a miss so no major harm done.

The merchant guards collect themselves enough to rush to attack, trying to assist their unexpected allies.

Guard1 turns to face the bandit who had recently bloodied him, his sword biting deeply in the bandits shoulder. Crying out in pain the man looks much less sure of himself.

Guard2 rushes to help Lucon, as the greatest number of bandits are there, but is unable to hit bandit3. Lucon and Guard2 have flanking on bandit3

Guard3 follows his friend to Lucon's aid, but is also unable to harm the bandit he squared up against. Lucon and Guard3 have flanking on bandit5
----
Archer1, now on the ground, starts to aim at Enko a short distance away, but instead back up several feet and lets loose a whistling arrow, which crosses the road and strikes a tree about 30' into the forest.

Archer2, still in the trees, fires down at Enko - trying to bring the acrobatic warrior down, but Enko sidesteps the arrow without even looking the archers direction.

Archer3 also fires from his perch, this time hitting the beleaguered carpenter in the left shoulder solidly. -6hp Lucon

Archer4 has had enough of Tavi, and enough of this fight, rushing back along the branch -eyes wide with fear- and jumps down to the ground. He hits the ground, making a potentially damaging fall turn into an impressive roll, and comes up running -heading deeper into the forest.

Bandit1 swings hard at Jaiyana, but his swing doesn't find a chink in her armor and it deflects off harmlessly.

Bandit2 makes an even poorer swing, his weapon coming nowhere close to hitting the dark-haired woman.

Bandit3 swings his axe as if he's going to chop down a tree, but Lucon manages to turn his body so the axe blade is turned aside, causing the carpenter to damage.

Bandit4 moves after Amon, doing his best to take the healer down, but again is unable to harm the halfling.

Bandit5 cuts with vicious intent at Lucons neck, but the man moves his armored shoulder into the blades path, catching it and preventing it from drawing blood. The bandit snarls angrily.

Bandit6 aims his club at Lucons knee, taking his cue from the axe wielding bandit, but Lucon lifts his foot and catches the club on the sole of his heavy boot, kicking the club away and almost out of the bandits hands.

Bandit7 is the one who was cut badly by the guard1, and looks to be in bad shape. He looks around at his companions and throws his blade at the guard ineffectively, turning tail and rushing into the woods nearest him.

Bandit8 lies gurgling the last of his lifeblood out of the gaping hole in his throat, put there by Lucon's blade.

The whistling arrow was apparently some sort of signal, as two more -previously unseen- bandits throw off an earth covered blanket. One is by far the largest bandit you've seen yet, not quite as big as Lucon, but easily three times as menacing. Scars and recent wounds cover him, and he grins as he takes in the battle-scene. He reaches down an lifts a huge spear, hefting it in two hands as he prepares to join the fray. His body is armored and strong. His eyes light on each combatant, trying to find one which suits his fancy, finally landing on Corneleous -a good 50' across the road.

The other man which stands is shorter, but lean and rangy, with a dirty bandage over one eye. Taking in the scene he pulls a vial from his pouch and downs it quickly, to no visible effect. He also is armored, and seems eager for a fight. "The parties just started folks! Hah HAH!" The man sounds quite insane.

K(Local) DC 10:
This is, in fact, Blind Belagio

GM Rolls:
Guard1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Guard2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Guard3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Archer4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bandit8 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Bandit8 AoO vs Amon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Archer4 Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage:1d6 ⇒ 6

GM Tracker:
Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 18/19
Jaiyana 17/23
Tavi 19/19
Amon 18/20
Enko 13/13
Guard1 5/9
Guard2 9/9
Guard3 9/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8 prone, disarmed
Archer2 8/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 3/8 > 1/8 Running away

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 9/9
Bandit3 9/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 9/9
Bandit6 9/9
Bandit7 9/9 > 1/9 Running away
Bandit8 9/9 > -1/9

Bodyguard 16/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)

On to Round 3! Corneleous I'll just add your final R2 decision at the start of R3, apologies for the mistake. Everyone, feel free to add AoO rolls, and don't forget the mentions I've made about flanking.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Current HP: 13

Spoiler:
Lucon grunts appreciatively at Amon. "Th..." he begins, cut short by an arrow piercing his breastplate and a horrible scraping sound. "...ngh... Stay in the wagon, boy!" he bellows, his courtesies lost in the chaos. Raising his shield in a defensive posture, he jabs blindly at Bandit 5.
Fighting Defensively: AC 211d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

knowledge:

Knowledge, local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
The Viscount yellsBlind Belagio! Caravan, keep riding! Keep riding! Run down any bandit who gets in your way! We'll take down the archers. Torchbearers- remember the tunnels!
As a warning to the others about the grease spell.

Round 3:
Summon forth the fiendish eagle.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Round 3:
AC 18; hp 17/22

Undetered by her previous, clumsy swing, Jaiyana pivots and spins, using her momentum to send the heavy, spiked ball at the end of her flail toward the axe-wielding foe's side.

Standard action: Attack with Combat Expertise.
Move action: Look cool.
Attack:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23; damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
EDIT: Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; critical damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
EDIT 2: Of course not. Weak.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Knowin' Stuff:
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Round 3:

Enko leaps over Lucon and twirls around another bandit to flank again. If this is possible. Unsure which bandit this would be, but since 3 more threaten Lucon, one should be available. 3 or 5 if possible.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
His face a mask of calm, he moves with uncanny speed and trips the bandit--it is hard to tell exactly how this occurs.
Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 or +7 if not flanking.

AoO if it occurs: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (or + 8)
AoO damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

If anyone strikes, he'll use Redirection. Enko deftly redirects the energy of the bandit's attack, knocking the wind out of him and dropping him to the ground.[/ooc]
Redirection Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 (or + 7)


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Round 3:

"Stop that! I just fixed him!" Amon prays again to heal Lucon.

Cure light wounds. Not using noble needle this time.
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Amon - 2 damage


Round 2 - Delay Resolution
Corneleous releases a spell with a gesture and a word, pointing in Jaiyana's direction. The ground seems to squeeze a wet, slick substance under the feet of her two adversaries (Bandit1 and Bandit2). Yelling out, "Torchbearers- remember the tunnels!" As a rather obscure warning to the others about the grease spell he'd just released. Acro1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22. Acro2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The first bandit keeps his feet, but the second goes down hard.


Round 3

Corneleous nods in satisfaction at the results of his last spell, and the Viscount yells, "Blind Belagio! Caravan, keep riding! Keep riding! Run down any bandit who gets in your way! We'll take down the archers." and begins another -more complex- spell. The spell is quite involved, and the Viscount concentrates hard as he continues casting. The result of this spell will appear at the start of your next turn, add notes on where you want it to appear.

Lucon grunts appreciatively at Amon. "Th..." he begins, cut short by an arrow piercing his breastplate and a horrible scraping sound. "...ngh... Stay in the wagon, boy!" he bellows, his courtesies lost in the chaos. Raising his shield in a defensive posture, he jabs blindly at Bandit5. His blind jab takes the bandit in the face, marring the already ugly features.

Aric, who had been about to leap from the wagon to assist his father, pales and turns towards the paralyzed driver, shouting, "Go! Go!"

Undeterred by her previous, clumsy swing, Jaiyana pivots and spins, using her momentum to send the heavy, spiked ball at the end of her flail toward the prone, axe-wielding foe's side. The ball strikes the man solidly, drawing a sharp gasp of pain from the man on the ground. She looks very cool as she pulls off this maneuver, hair swinging provocatively around the deadly warriors head.

Tavi runs along the branch she was just battling on, and leaps for another branch stretching across the road, trying to work her way to the archers still in the trees on the other side of the road. Her foot slips as she lands, but she doesn't fall, but takes a moment to steady herself on the new branch. Her path is now clear towards the last two archers.

"Stop that! I just fixed him!" Amon prays again to heal Lucon. Bandit4 and Bandit5 both try to bash and cut Amon when he casts the spell, but while the bloody bandit5 is unable to land the blow, bandit4 lands a solid thwack on the halfling healers chest. +7hp Lucon, -5hp Amon. Amon you did not use Noble Needle this round, and so didn't lose any hp *while healing Lucon*, correct?

Enko leaps over Lucon and twirls around another bandit to flank again. His face a mask of calm, he moves with uncanny speed and trips the bandit he is flanking--it is hard to tell exactly how this occurs -he moves so quickly. Bandit3 falls down in a heap, shock registering on his face.

Guard1 moves closer to Lucon and Bandit5 to try and bring them down quickly, his eyes flicking nervously towards Belagio and his bodyguard. Perhaps because he is so nervous, he fails to land a hit.

Guard2 swings erratically at the prone Bandit3, only the mans poor defensive position allowing him to land a blow, but land it he does. A glancing blow across the mans forehead, which bleeds quickly as head wounds do.

Guard3 continues to attack the upright bandit5, but sadly doesn't connect with his blade. His face does show hope however, thanks to your assistance. Lucon and Guard3 still have flanking on bandit5
----
Heartened by the appearance of Belagio, the bandits strengthen their resolve with a cheer, "Belagio!"

Archer1 growls as Amon continues to sustain Lucon, takes a step farther from the fighting and lets loose an arrow at the small halfling. It catches the healer in the hip with a thud. -4hp Amon
Archer2 tries again to hit Enko from his lofty position, but this time the shot is just plain bad, and flies into the dirt.
Archer3, desiring to continue her success against Lucon, shoots at him again, but misses badly.
Archer4 continues his mad flight away from Tavi and the fight, almost lost to sight among the thickening trees.

Bandit1 (club) looks at his fallen friend with dismay, and says through gritted teeth, "You'll pay for that!" Jaiyana easily turns aside his clumsy club-swing.

Bandit2 (axe) tries to regain his footing and resume the fight. Jaiyana uses his distraction to take a swing at him, but fails to connect. The bandit is able to take a wild swing at Jaiyana, and it's a near miss, the wind of the axe blade's passing causing her hair to tremble slightly.

Bandit3 (axe) considers his position on the ground, and raises his axe to hit Lucon in the leg, but suddenly shifts the direction of his swing, catching a guard2 right in the knee, and the guard2 drops screaming. Smiling the bandit rises, Enko's attack knocking out a tooth and blood. Lucon takes an attack himself, swinging with such strength the bandit would surely have been split in two, had the blow landed.

Bandit4 (club) lands the second club strike against Amon in as many seconds, this time to the halflings head. -4hp Amon.

Bandit5 (knife) finally recovers his wits enough to realize his jaw isn't attached quite right, after Lucons earlier jab with the sword, and turns tail and runs in the direction of Belagio, "Save me sir!"

Bandit6 (club) strikes again at Lucon, but the club bounces off the mans back to no effect. "Bad vibrations?" name that movie. :)

Bandit7 (knife) continues his rush into the woods, almost arriving at Belagio's side.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio starts forward, weapons held at his sides, a maniacal grin on his face.
The bodyguard starts off around the edge of the fight, headed towards Corneleous.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 1
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 void
Bodyguard: Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 7 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Guard2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 19 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Guard3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Archer1 Confirm 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Jaiyana AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Bandit5 AoO vs Amon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bandit4 AoO vs Amon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Lucon AoO vs Bandit3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 12/19
Jaiyana 17/23
Tavi 19/19
Amon 9/20
Enko 13/13

Guard1 5/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 9/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 8/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 1/8 Running away
Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 3/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 1/9 Running
Bandit6 9/9
Bandit7 1/9 Running
Bandit8 -1/9 bleeding
Bodyguard 16/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)

Bandit8 is down and out.
Guard 2 is down also.
Archer4, Bandit5, Bandit7 are all running.
Tavi, Archer2&3 are all up in the trees still.
Jaiyana is in melee with Bandit1 and 2, holding her own thus far.
Lucon, Amon, Enko (supported by Guards1 and 3) are engaged in melee in the middle of the road. Bandit3, 4, and 6 are part of the road fighting.
Belagio and Bodyguard (and maybe bandits5 & 7) are off in the trees about 20', heading into the fray.

Round 4 Please!

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

R4:

The eagle should appear behind the big bad blind Belagio.
If he can make a full attack
Attack beak 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Attack claws 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Move action: grab the floating crossbow.
Fire! Attack ranged 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage1d8 ⇒ 2 assuming he's still sickened from the ride. Is there a penalty for firing over the horse? or is Belagio coming from the other direction (behind us)?
Free action: drop the crossbow onto the unseen servant for reload duty.


@Corneleous - No penalty for firing over horses, or under if you're a halfling. Belagio is coming from the 'left' side of the road, slightly ahead of the merchant wagon, lets say a 45 degree angle from the road. I have Corneleous at the rear of the Torchbearers, on the 'right' side of the road. Belagio is headed right towards the main battle. Bodyguard is skirting the left edge of the road to avoid the combat, headed towards the rear end of the ground, almost certainly in the Viscounts direction.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Ouch. 13hp in one round.

Round 4:

"Raawww!" Amon roars in pain from his multiple attackers. "I am sorry, Lucon. I must leave." He staggers from the fray, holding his mace in front of him to ward off attacks.

Withdraw as full-round action. Move 40 feet away from melee, hopefully behind cover.


Amon - 15/20 hp


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 4:

(did I hit bandit 3 with an AoO? I should have when he rose. Rolls were in round 3.)

Enko delivers a flurry of attacks against the nearest standing bandit.

flurry punch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
punch dsmage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

flurry trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

aoo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
AoO damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


@Enko - you sure did. Knocked out a tooth and everything!


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 4:
AC 18; hp 17/22

Jaiyana continues her assault on the axe wielding bandit, lashing out again and again with her heavy flail.

Attack with Combat Expertise:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

...and wiff! Looks like Jaiyana needs to go back to chuckin' chakram...


Round 4

Corneleous completes his spell, and with a rushing sound there appears the same otherwordly eagle which helped while freeing Arael. It appears directly behind the lean figure of Blind Belagio, all beak and talons as it rakes at the surprised bandit leader. It manages to gouge a large pice of flesh from Belagios shoulder, and the man growls in fury at his winged assailant.

bottingLucon tries to finish bandit3, the man causing so much trouble to him and the others. He misses however, and sets himself to continue the fight.

The wagon starts to rumble forward at this point, the merchants all too eager to exit the area, and with the bandits all engaged it's as good a time as any. Aric looks back worriedly as his father continues the battle.

Jaiyana continues her assault on the axe wielding bandit, lashing out again and again with her heavy flail, but the blow doesn't strike true.

Tavi runs along the branch, directly at Archer2 who looks at her with fear. Tavi's blade flashes out, opening a painful cut across the archers abdomen

"Raawww!" Amon roars in pain from his multiple attackers. "I am sorry, Lucon. I must leave." He staggers from the fray, holding his mace in front of him to ward off attacks. He ends up behind one of the horses on the right side of the road closer to Corneleous, and has cover from the two archers in the trees, but not from Archer1 who had fallen out of the trees during his fight with Enko.

Enko delivers a flurry of attacks against the already battered Bandit3, puching the man solidly in the nose, then sweeping his legs out from under him while he's still reeling. The mans fall allows Enko time to attack him once more, bring his harm over in an overhand chop with slams into the mans chest and drives him into the ground, the sound of cracking bone is audible throughout the area. Bandit3 lies still.

Guard1 steps to bandit6 and swings, but doesn't connect

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 seems to have had enough of bandits, and steps to bandit6 as well, shoving his sword through the mans neck without preamble. Bandit 6 is down.
----
Archer1 smiles at Amons distress, pulling another arrow and aiming at the small figure. The arrow zips past Amons face, and causes no harm.
Archer2 has an angry Tavi to deal with, and drops his bow and pulls a knife of his own. He swings wildly, trying to mantain balance, and gashes her shoulder. Tavi is starting to look a bit damaged.
Archer3, tries to take out the wagon driver, and the arrow thunks into the seat between the terried driver and Aric, but causes no harm.
Archer4 is lost to sight, and may or may not be back.

Bandit1 (club) seems to be getting worse, as his club swings no where near in the vicinity of Jaiyana.

Bandit2 (axe) has about as much success as his comrade, axe passing through the air and missing Jaiyana.

Bandit3 remains down and out.

Bandit4 (club) chargest after Amon, determined to finish the halfling off. He is unable to catch up to him however, but the promise in his eyes is clear.

Bandit5 (knife) arrives at his leaders side, only to see a massive, furious eagle already attacking him. He attacks with some hesitation, but the bird evades the knife thrust neatly.

Bandit6 (club) bleeds profusely from his neck wound, and lies still.

Bandit7 (knife) tries to help his boss, or else look like he's against him, and so swings his knife at the bird, but his effort is lackluster and misses.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio curses the devil bird, and turns with anger. He disregards the wound and swings visciously at the animal. His frist swing goes awry, but the second catches the bird a solid blow. "You two idiots, grab the blue bottles in my pack." -10hp to Eagle, what's its total hp Corneleous? I figure you know better/faster than I :)

The bodyguard looks back to see Belagio handling the bird situation easily (along with the two knife wielders) and charges into the rear edge of the melee, catching guard3 in the back with his huge spear. The guard arches his back and reaches futiley for the weapon in him before toppling forward, out of the fight. The huge man looks over at the Viscount with a wink and a smirk.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 2
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 void
Bodyguard: Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 13 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Guard2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Guard3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Lucon Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 12/19
Jaiyana 17/23
Tavi 11/19
Amon 7/20
Enko 13/13

Guard1 5/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 -2/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 2/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 1/8 Running away

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 -2/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 1/9
Bandit6 -4/9
Bandit7 1/9
Bandit8 -1/9 bleeding

Bodyguard 16/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)

The Scene
Guards2&3 are down
Archer4 is gone, Bandit3,6&8 are down.
Status of the eagle is uncertain. (-10hp that round)
Jaiyana is still dealing with Bandits1&2
Lucon, Enko, and the guard1 have no bandits around them currently. The bodyguard is close though.
Amon is being pursued by Bandit6, and is 40' away from Lucon&Enko.
Corneleous is about 10' farther from Amon
In the trees Tavi is facing off against Archer2, and Archer3 near them also in the trees
Archer1 is on the ground about 20' from Amon, on the right side of the road.
Belagio is fighting the eagle, with Bandit5&7 assisting. Those two bandits are in very bad shape, as is the eagle.
The bodyguard is 5' from Lucon and Enko, and just felled guard3.

Round 5 Please!


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 5:

Enko dodges and tumbles around the large bodyguard to get behind him, flanking with Lucon.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

He chops at the back of the big man's knee with a low kick, attempting to bring him down.

Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Eagle:

The eagle starts with 1d8+3 with augmented summoning, +1 more for diablolical dabbler trait. Going with the average hit points per die rather than rolling the PRD gives him 7 hps, +1 = 8.
He's toast unless you'd normally roll for hp, in which he'd have a 1/4 chance of having 1 or two hit points left.

I'm pretty sure he'd explode into a fiery cloud of ash that melts apart into black smoke.

Round 5:

The Viscount considers the intimidating figure versus the overall fight, and decides to expend his free spell to inflict maximum mayhem, rather than save it for an emergency.
Standard: cast grease under Belagio and his two mates, forcing them to roll a DC 16 reflex check or fall, and move half speed or risk falling again (DC11 dex check).
Move: retrieve the loaded crossbow from the unseen servant.
Free: Lad, you should see to your boyfriend. He may need your help. the Viscount taunts without batting an eye.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Lucon spits, breathing heavily as he surveys the chaos around him, lurching forward to meet his foe as Enko wheels around behind him.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Crap...


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I suddenly wish I were less squishy...

Round 5:

Amon tries to escape again, running around the horse to escape the bandit.

Withdraw action. Move somewhere safe, preferably putting some allies between myself and the bandits. :(


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I think Amon is pursued by Bandit4, not 6. Unless 6 is a zombie.


And what's so wrong about being pursued by a zombie?! Hater. j/k :). Yeah you're right.


Round 4 - Resolution
The fiery eagle explodes into a fiery cloud of ash that melts apart into black smoke as Belagio slashes it. (He's toast)

Round 5

The Viscount considers the intimidating figure versus the overall fight, and decides to expend his free spell to inflict maximum mayhem, rather than save it for an emergency. With a mystical flourish and a word, another carpet of slick grease appears, this time beneath Belagio and the two bandits regrouping with him. Bandit5 and Bandit7 wobble but remain standing, but Belagio legs go out from under him suddenly, dumping him on the ground. Eying the menacing bodyguard nearby, the Viscount taunts without batting an eye, "Lad, you should see to your boyfriend. He may need your help.". Meanwhile the invisible and obedient force behind Cornelous hands the man a loaded crossbow.

Lucon spits, breathing heavily as he surveys the chaos around him, lurching forward to meet his foe as Enko wheels around behind him. The carpenter slashes the huge man across a shoulder, causing the man to bare his teeth in anger.

The wagon is well on its way out of this particular area, about 20' away from the main melee.

botting Jaiyana swings at the bandit before her once more, trying to even the odds. But the flail swings wide once again.

Tavi darts in once more, and this time sticks her dagger into the archer2s stomache to the hilt. He topples off the branch with a shriek, falling the ten feet to the ground with a sickening thud and remains there.

Amon tries to withdraw once again, running around the horse to escape the bandit. He retreats closer to Corneleous, ending up at the Viscounts side.

Enko dodges back and forth, and around the disoriented large bodyguard to achieve a solid flank with Lucon. As the monk whirls past he tries to trip the mountainous man, but fails.

Guard1, looks at the hulking bodyguard, and quickly decides to help Amon. He charges after Bandit6, but fails to hit the villian a solid blow.

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 is hurt badly, and lies facedown on the ground.
----
Archer1 once again tries to hit the fleeing halfling, Amon, but cannot seem to land a shot.
Archer2 remains under Tavi and the branch he fell from, a small moan escaping him.
Archer3, tries to take out the wagon driver once more, this shot even more errant than the last. He curses loudly.
Archer4 is becoming a distant memory.

Bandit1 (club) still cannot hit the well armored Jaiyana, missing her completely.

Bandit2 (axe) centers himself and is able to land a successful blow on Jaiyana, this swing gashing her thigh. -3hp Jaiyana

Bandit3 remains down and out.

Bandit4 (club) is now forced to deal with Guard1, who is trying to prevent him from reaching Amon again, and his axe cuts the guard1 across the chest. The guard almost falls back, but remains on his feet, and in the fight. There is now fear in his eyes however.

Bandit5 (knife) is more scared of his boss than ever, but can't keep the grin from his face as Belagio turfs it. He reaches down to help his boss stand. Just declaring this a standard action to pick someone up to their feet.

Bandit6 (club) lies still.

Bandit7 (knife) stands shocked as the bird disapears in a flurry of ash and feathers, his eyes wider than ever, then starts running away once again.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio mutters as he's hefted to his feet, and looks around quickly for the eagles remains, which are all but disappeared. You get the sneaking suspicion he was looking for it's eyeballs. "I'll be having both your eyes when I catch ya!!" he screams at the back of his retreating lackey (bandit7). He then pulls a potion from a front pouch and hands it benevolently to bandit5, patting him on the head as one would a dog.

The bodyguard catches the Viscounts comment, but is too busy with Enko and Lucon to do much about it. He drops the now-useless spear and draws a large mace from his belt, swinging it at Lucon with abandon. He fails to hit the carpenter with the spiked ball.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 1
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 void
Bodyguard: Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 3 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Guard2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 15 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Guard3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Belagio reflex:: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bandit5 reflex:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Bandit7 reflex:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Jaiyana Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Damage:: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Bandit2 Confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage:: 1d8 ⇒ 5

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 12/19
Jaiyana 14/23
Tavi 11/19
Amon 7/20
Enko 13/13

Guard1 1/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 -2/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 -4/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 1/8 Running away

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 -2/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 1/9
Bandit6 -4/9
Bandit7 1/9
Bandit8 -1/9 bleeding

Bodyguard 9/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)


The Scene
Guards2&3 are down
Archer4 is gone, and Bandit7 is now running off as well. Archer2, and Bandit3,6&8 are down.
Status of the eagle is exploded.
Jaiyana is still dealing with Bandits1&2
Lucon, Enko, have entered melee with the Bodyguard.
Guard1 is engaged with Bandit4.
Amon and Corneleous now stand side-by-side.
In the trees Tavi has just downed Archer2, and Archer3 near them also in the trees
Archer1 is on the ground about 40' from Amon, on the right side of the road.
Belagio and Bandit5 are preparing to reenter the fray.

Round 6 Please!

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

R6:

Potion eh?
Sounds like he needs a taste of acid dart.
Standard attack (Ranged touch) the bandit who is about to drink.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Dmg acid 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Amon, my friend, have a drink. Sit a spell. Corneleous instructs his little minion to grab a healing potion from his bag, uncork it, and give it Amon to drink.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

R6:
Attack to down the bodyguard. Description will have to wait, I'm afraid... I'll either pop back in or leave it in your capable hands.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Sixthe Rounde:

Enko pummels the bodyguard with his fists, beating a tattoo of blows upon the big man's kidneys and back.

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Trip Flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Round 6:

Amon casts cure light wounds on himself.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

10/20hp


Round 6

A sizzling dart of acid leaps from Corneleous's oustretched hand towards Bandit5, but the foe turns his armor in the way, and it doesn't hurt him. "Amon, my friend, have a drink. Sit a spell." Corneleous instructs his little invisible minion to grab a healing potion from his bag, uncork it, and give it Amon to drink. The potion wobbles in the air in front of Amon, waiting.

Lucon's blade cleaves the air in a mighty overhand chop, aimed to remove something vital from the large bodyguard, but hits only that -air.

The wagon continues to distance itself, about 50' away at this point.

botting - Sorry! Jaiyana tries to finish off bandit2, but still is unable to land the final blow.

Tavi approaches Archer3 a bit more cautiously, choosing her foot placement carefully. She slashes at him, but he avoids the blade.

Amon casts cure light wounds on himself, some of the deeper wounds magically closing.

Enko pummels the bodyguard with his fists, beating a tattoo of blows upon the big man's kidneys and back. The big man shrugs off the blows with surprising ease, but a tell-tale bruising of skin remains.

Guard1 swings at Bandit4 once more, but the sword fails to hit.

Guard2 remains down and out of the fight.

Guard3 is hurt badly, and lies facedown on the ground.
----
Archer1 continues his feeble barrage of arrows at Amon, missing once again.
Archer2 lies where he fell.
Archer3, at the end of his range, tries one more shot at the departing wagon, the arrow winging after it. Wherever the arrow landed, the wagon continues to rumble out of sight.
Archer4 is gone.

Bandit1 (club) still cannot hit the well armored Jaiyana, missing her completely.

Bandit2 (axe) winds up and cuts Jaiyana badly on her abodomen, blood trailing after the axe swing. -5hp Jaiyana

Bandit3 remains down and out.

Bandit4 (club) senses the guard is almost down, but isn't able to finish him off with a deflected club swing.

Bandit5 (knife) gratefully takes the potion from Belagio and downs it, looking slightly rejuvenated.

Bandit6 (club) lies still.

Bandit7 (knife) looks back once at Belagio's threat, and begins a serpentine withdrawal, as if expecting a blade in the back at any moment.

Bandit8 (axe) remains out of the fight.

Belagio eyes bandit5's recovery with a critical eye, then shrugs and starts back towards the battle raging. His eye seems to be leading him towards the much put-upon Jaiyana. "You have lovely eyes wench, let Belagio have a look at them eh?" he says with a gap-toothed grin. However, his staring at her caused him to forget the spell laid by Corneleous, and he goes down once more into the muck with a loud squelching splash.

The bodyguard aims a tree-felling swing at Lucon, but the large Torchbearer is able to dodge out of the way -barely. "Hold still beardy!" he says in a deep, gravely voice.

GM Rolls:

Archer1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Archer2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Miss (low hits): 1d2 ⇒ 2
Archer3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Bandit1 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Bandit3 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Bandit4 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bandit5 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Bandit6 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bandit7 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 void
Bodyguard: Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Belagio: Attack1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8. Attack2 1d20 ⇒ 17 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Guard1 Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Guard2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 11 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Guard3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Belagio reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Bandit5 reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Bandit7 reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Jaiyana Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Bandit2 Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Bandit5 Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 1

GM Tracker:

Good Guys
Corneleous 14/14
Lucon 12/19
Jaiyana 9/23
Tavi 11/19
Amon 10/20
Enko 13/13

Guard1 1/9
Guard2 -1/9
Guard3 -2/9
----
The Bandits
Archer1 6/8
Archer2 -4/8
Archer3 8/8
Archer4 1/8 Running away

Bandit1 9/9
Bandit2 4/9
Bandit3 -2/9
Bandit4 9/9
Bandit5 2/9
Bandit6 -4/9
Bandit7 1/9 Running
Bandit8 -1/9 bleeding

Bodyguard 8/16
Belagio 18/18 +4Str(Potion)

The Scene
Guards2&3 are down
Archer4 is gone, and Bandit7 is still running off. Archer2, and Bandit3,6&8 are down.
Jaiyana is still dealing with Bandits1&2, and soon Belagio
Lucon, Enko, have entered melee with the Bodyguard.
Guard1 is engaged with Bandit4.
Amon and Corneleous now stand side-by-side.
In the trees Tavi has just downed Archer2, and Archer3 near them also in the trees
Archer1 is on the ground about 40' from Amon&Corneleous, on the right side of the road.
Belagio is prone in grease and Bandit5 is preparing to reenter the fray - both on the left side of the road.

Round 7 Please!


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Round 7:
Sorry; I've been distracted.
AC 20; hp 9/22

"Why...won't...you...die!?" Jaiyana spits at the bandit before her, breathing heavily. The pain of her many small wounds and the weight of her armor and flail begin to wear on her. Belagio's voice breaks her concentration on the foe at hand, and causes her to snap out of her tunnel vision, realizing that she is in no condition to battle three men at once, let alone the leader himself. She sets her flail spinning one more time, trying to fell at least one of the two men before her, drawing herself back defensively.

Standard action: Attack same target with Combat Expertise and fighting defensively:1d20 ⇒ 4

Her shoulder's sag as another blow falls short. She glances to her allies, and starts backing toward Amon and Coreleous, looking for stength in numbers.

Move action: Move 20 ft. toward allies.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Round 7:
Bah, I'd really hoped to run to Jaiyana's rescue by now. How far is the caravan by the way?

Lucon stills himself for just a moment, answering his opponents request with a steely glare, finding his feet with shield held high. He looks around to his beleaguered companions and lets out a battle-cry. "For home and hearth! For the Torchbearers!" he bellows, anticipating the bodyguard's lunge and meeting him halfway with a blow to the midsection that skewers through his armour. And hopefully hits his vital organs!

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Round 7:

Enko's eyes dart toward Jaiyana, but remain focused on the task at hand. He uncoils a fist at the bodyguard, and then moves swiftly to knock the large man on his back with some unforseen motion of elbow and knee.

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Flurry trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Ao0: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Mug:

Hey Mug! I forgot to remind you that my AoO's make a target flat-footed...I think that would have made Bandit 3 easier to hit a few rounds back, but he's down and out now, so no diff.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Round7:

I'm not sure who's not in melee, and who's most threatening. He'd aim at someone open, threatening.

fire at will 1d20 ⇒ 6
Dmg 1d8 ⇒ 4
Meh, oh well.
move action: hand the crossbow back to be reloaded

801 to 850 of 3,954 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.