Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


751 to 800 of 3,954 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I believe it would be more gentlemanly if we took you; regardless, I would gladly accept your help. Would Master Shemway be safe to speak with about this issue? Or, perhaps, I could approach him as a fellow businessman who lost a shipment of goods and suspects the same bandit?

Would Varelea's shop or person be known by a local check?


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

I know I've been quiet for a few days, but Jaiyana hasn't had anything to add at the moment. Roll below in case the answer to the Viscount's question is yes.

Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Yakopulio smiles indulgently, "As safe as a one-eyed merchant can be. I imagine his pride hurts worst of all, or his eye, it's hard to say. He certainly isn't a fan of those who took from him, that's for certain."

Knowledge Local would make him known. Jaiyana has definitely heard of him and is familiar with his place of business.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Plan: visit Shemway, maybe try to borrow his wagon? I think it'd be easier to disguise ourselves as a merchant that already makes trips through the bandit territory, rather than try to make up our own business (and possibly stand out as 'fake' to the bandits).
Step 2: Reverse ambush for the bandits?


Feel free to discuss and plan more at the Shrine if you want, and I assume you all have your gear unless you state otherwise.

The gnome woman waits till all are ready to go, and then leads the way towards the The Imperial Port and Varelea's Imports. Several times she changes directions or backtracks to avoid dotarri patrols. More than once you hear paid criers shouting out upcoming plays, including several current and future which will feature the great Thesing Umbero Ulaud (the actor from Jacovo's stable. You see a small shop, more an office, with the Shemways sign above it and Yakopukio leads the way inside.

Once your eyes adjust to the dim lighting inside, or you continue to see just fine -in the case of some races- you see a plain looking woman sitting at a desk with several books and ledgers around her. There are a few chairs right inside the door for waiting clients. The woman looks up from her scribblings, and manages a tired smile, "How can I help you folks?" The gnome gives her an even look, apparently annoyed at not being known, "Please tell the one-eyed man in the back that Madam Yakopulio is here." The secretary gives a tight lipped nod and goes through the door in the back, the sounds of conversation happening behind the closed door. Once a womans voice raises high enough that "Madam YAKOPULIO!!" is heard through the wood walls.

A worn looking man comes out a moment later, he is dressed well in a tailored suit and is well groomed. However, his face is tired and pained, and there is a black eye-patch covering his left eye. He carries a kerchief in his hand, and while he is in your presence he constantly dabs at reddish-clear fluid which leaks from the sides of that same eye. "How can I help you Yakopulio? I never thought you would come and see me," he looks up at the rest of you, and adds sarcastically, "and with such a group. Are we to have a party then?"

The gnome woman turns a dainty shoulder and makes a small noise of disgust, "Don't act the fool, Shemway, it's a suit which fits too well. These are friends of mine, and no -not of that sort. They have some questions about your missing... goods."


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Family spoiler is done, but I'd like to flesh it out some more. I'm not entirely satisfied with it. That said, is it okay if I have my eldest be accompanying this Shemway's caravan today? And in that case Lucon would rush to follow it regardless of the danger. I'll have some Flex Time posts up in the next day or two, I've bitten off a big chunk of uni work early in the semester so I have the time to start up a second home game late and not fall behind on my PbPs again, so it should be good in a week or two's time once I actually write some of it...


@All- ...And take it away.

Lucon:
You mean you want to retcon that he was with Shemway when they were robbed? Or you want the eldest to go on the caravan ambush the others are planning in the near future?


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Mug:
D'oh! Yes, the latter. Disregard the above.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Senior Someway, we are here about you recent loss. Could you describe your assailants? Their tactics, numbers, strengths, and location would be a great boon. We plan on avenging those who were robbed and injured such as yourself. If possible, an inventory of you stolen goods may help us return some. Our last request is more substantial: if you have no current need of it, we would borrow your wagon to ambush the ambushers. Sympathetically requests the Viscount.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Aside, to Lucon Are you mad? Have been possessed by a demon of ignorance? We can't take a child on a mission that will end in death for one or more parties! He'd be a potential hostage at best, and returned to his mother in a box at the worst! The bandit takes souvenir eyes, for Asmodeus's sake!


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Hrm, I seem to have confused matters. I'd meant to have Aric ALREADY be accompanying the caravans by cruel coincidence, not bring him along as bait. The threat of his own blood being maimed should be reason enough for Lucon to ride out rather than stay shut in his workshop, but given the fact we're making house calls instead of racing against the clock I think I got that across a little too late. D'oh! I'll leave it up to Mug whether we roll with that or retcon it out, whatever would flow best.

Lucon flinches as the Viscount addresses him and visibly pales at his words. His words seem to take some time to come, and his voice his uneasy. "My son left but a few hours ago with the caravans, milord. If Janiven had seen fit to mention this bandit yesterday..." he takes a deep breath, leaving his silent curses unspoken. When he breathes out again, he seems to have drawn up to his full height, and his voice takes a fierce edge. "I would waste no time on this trickery. I would ride out and protect the caravans already on the road. I... I would... forgive me milord... But we ride. TODAY."

He nods apologetically to Shemway and makes for the door, meaning to wait for the others on the roadside.


I am following you now, your son is in a different Trading Caravan which left a few hours earlier this day.

The man responds to the Viscount with a respectful nod, "They ambush much as others do, I'd say about ten to fifteen men and women. Used bows and arrows, as well as axes and knives. Belagio is a mad-man, throwing axes and keeping two in his hands at all times. I couldn't recall the exact spot... it was so brutal an attack you see."

Shemway watches the drama unfold before his eyes, as Lucon states that his son is part of a caravan -even now- and the others hear this for the first time. Yakopulio rolls her eyes as Lucon rushes out, "Parents, all bear-no brains." and turns her eyes back to Shemway, "Uh, apparently one of our own has a personal stake in putting your attackers out of business. Do you know which merchants usually leave today, which might be in danger of Blind Belagio or his men?"

Shemway swallows, and you can see the fear of Lucon for his son has stirred something inside him, "If the mans son left hours ago, then you have no time to waste. Belagio struck our caravan within an hour of leaving the city, but only with three men who our guards easily chased off. The true ambush came two hours later after we had relaxed and thought we were in the clear. It seemed like they were everywhere, the trees, the ground, it was a slaughter of our guards. Belagio fought like a mad devil, and he had three men hold me down so as to 'not damage the eye' as he cut it out." The traders body is wracked by involuntary shudders, and he reaches up to dab at his eye once again, both eyes leaking liquid this time. He holds up a finger, "Wait a moment." He comes back out with a rough map of the southern roads, which are marked with the two ambush sites. He hands it over, and says, "After he took my eye, he said if I told anyone what happened, he'd take my tongue, that he knew where to find me. Please Pulio, don't let him take my tongue." He stands wringing his hands with a desperate look on his face.

Yakopulio asks if you have any other questions, and if you don't then she suggests heading to Jacovo's stable as soon as possible and leaving at once, before "The big bad bear man explodes in a puff of sawdust."

What are you going to do now?


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"Then there is not a moment to waste. Let us be off. I think Belagio is going to bite off more than he can chew, today."


Assuming everyone is cool with this...

You move quickly to Jacovo's and explain the urgent need for swift horses. Jacovo nods and begins tossing orders rapid fire to a group of stable boys, and within minutes six horses are saddled and ready to go. Jacovo mumbles an apology but requests payment of 1 gp upon your return to avoid the appearance of impropriety, especially after the close call before.

Once you all are ready, you hurry out the southern gate, moving slowly at first to avoid suspicion, and then picking up your pace when you were a safe distance away from the walls.

So we have some options, you can ride quickly (Fort DC 10), moderately (Fort DC 5), or slowly (No save needed). You cannot take 10 on this check. I'd like a Ride check from everyone, and a Fort save if you're trying to travel moderately or quickly. Since you had some time to talk before traveling quickly was an option, you can talk and decide what to do as a group before rolling anything or just each make your own checks. Your speed will affect when you catch up to the merchants... if you catch up at all.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I'm assuming fast is important.
Fort check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Epic flail!


Don't forget the ride check also.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Flex Time

Amon!:

Enko speaks to Amon quietly. "Is there anything you can do for him?" He indicates Shemway, still weeping some sort of ocular liquid.

"We'll try to save you from the opera," whispers Enko to his horse, and clicks his tongue to get the horse into a gallop.
End Flex Time

No new gear and away we go, eh?

Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
And the horse goes back to a canter.


You had all day yesterday, between saving Arael two days ago and the request to come back to take care of either Belagio or the Goblin King this morning. Feel free to flextime gear purchases during that time, as that was my intention in providing the down-time.

EDIT: And declare your intended speed before your fort roll. You aren't rolling to see how fast you go, you're rolling to see the state of your body once you arrive.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Did we divy the loot on the previous day? I know we totaled it, but did we split?

Ride:
Riding fast:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Fortitude:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Ride check untrained 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Despite the impact of his poor constitution, The Viscount will choose to ride at the fastest pace possible, as not to slow up the group.

flex:

Learn Mount spell from scroll
[ooc]Spellcraft check1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Daily memorized spells: 4/2+1+1 (staff +1 more)
0: Detect magic, light, mage hand, mending
1: Summon monster I, mage armor, grease, unseen servant.

Do we know how far the caravan would have gotten? Just estimating for durations of spells.

Players only:
Also, do we have any front line fighters that are squishy? Mage armor is +4 to AC, and super long duration. The Viscount feels a bit selfish- he's cast it on himself but hasn't taken a blow directly. He's debating just memorizing a more offensive type spell instead. I didn't want to post that in the normal thread, lest the GM decide to rough him up a bit! :)


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

260 gp, 8 sp, 3 cp apiece...I believe Tavi went and fenced everything besides the CLW potions. Time to shop! I want to get some tangly bags and something to blind Belagio's eye...fair is fair, and Hammurabic besides.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Viscount Corneleous Ornelos:
Mage armor would provide Jaiyana all of the protection of her armored coat without the ACP and speed reduction (but those won't be a problem in most situations). Ekno could probably make the best use of it, though. But offense is the best defense, as they say...


You do not know how far it's gotten. Someone could make a knowledge.... nature or ride check of 15 to find out. Which Jaiyana already did, so she'd guess around 10-12 miles.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Has Paizo been down for anyone else?

Ride Check-1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14
Fort Save-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

I agree that Mage armour is best cast on Enko, but I'd guess you have better things to do with your spell slots, depending on what you prepare. Whatever is most fun for Cornelius!

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Bummer about the webpage going down yesterday. The Viscount is ready to roll.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

playaz:
Enko does fine sans Mage Armor. Jaiyana, you seem to soak up a lot of blows, although that could be tough dice rolls.

Do we have a general plan? I was going to buy a tanglefoot bag and flash powder; potions of Magic Weapon and Mage Armor are 50 gp as well. When I hear bandits, I think arrows and nets, so whatever we have to defend from weapons and traps is good.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Pimpin' aint easy:
Plans? I was going for "stick em with the pointy end, but I'll give it some thought by midday tommorow (unless I can post before uni tommorow).


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Players:
Mage armor doesn't provide any protection above and beyond the coat, though, it just nixes penalties. Between Jiayana getting it or the Viscount having another offensive spell at his disposal, she would vote for the latter. I'm debating between buying a couple of potions of shield of faith, masterwork studded leather, or saving money for a mithril shirt. In any event the money is going to be going toward AC. Any suggestions?

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

players:
The only truly offensive spell (direct damage) I have is shocking grasp, which for it's level packs a punch, but necessitates I get into fisticuffs range with a bad guy. The knights were heavily armored, but I doubt the bandits would give me a bonus for being in metal. I'm almost better off taking shots with my crossbow.

So I could replace mage armor with a buff/crowd control spell. Grease has been pretty handy, and by sure luck my last summoned eagle kicked some major arse. So double grease, or double summons?

Next level = acid arrow and web, which I'm super excited for.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Ah, I'm a doofus; my Fort is +3, so I was able to ride quickly after all. Woncha let my horsie ride, woncha let my horsie ride -plays RL Burnside-

Players:
That eagle ruled, Corneleous. It seems our best buffs right now are indeed the pointy end, as Lucon mentioned--kill 'em fast.

Masterwork studded leather is pretty rad, Jaiyana. No movement penalty, IIRC. Don't give anything to AC! He left the group to become a scribe. Har har.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I'm just gonna buy a Rope Dart, a Tanglefoot Bag, and some Flash Powder, and save the rest for a rainy day. (stuff works better if you capitalize it)


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Ride - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Fort - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

afk today.


I'll wait a little longer for Amon, then move us on.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Ride 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Fortitude 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Looks like Amon is going to want to take it slow and easy. I don't have any shopping to do, since I need to save up for some magical armor to protect myself.

Enko:
"I'm afraid there is little that I can do for him. Regenerating lost tissue is far beyond my abilities, and it looks like his eye will heal naturally soon enough. I need to save my spells for the fight ahead."


Sorry for the railroading, but I've decided you're all in a hurry, rather than have each of you trickle to the 'event'. You're rolls were still pertinent, but will affect the state of your arrival, rather than the speed of it.

You all hurry your horses through the forest, hurrying at speed to catch the Merchant caravan. To run the horses the entire way would soon run them into the ground, so the more horse-wise among you set the pace for the others, between trots (jarring for some) and fast walks, the horses powerful legs quickly eating up the miles. After over an hour but less than two, through the dense trees you see the tail end of the caravan pass over the top a low hill in the distance. Your quarry in sight, you urge your horses for a last sprint to the end, the forest quiet around you.

Roll me some perception checks please. Everyone who rolled less than 10 for the Fort Save, ahem, Corneleous, is at now in the sicked state.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Spot Check - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Sick rolls man:

perception 1d20 ⇒ 4


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Lucon peers along the road ahead, blinking and wiping the sweat from his brow. "...huff... huff... We're close." he says, stating the obvious and mouthing a silent prayer of thanks.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Blerg The Viscount makes an unpleasant noise as he leans away from the party over the side of his horse.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

rolls:

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

When we reach the caravan, we should dismount..." Enko is about to continue about the inefficacy of fighting on horseback and the slowness of a caravan, but notes Corneleous and stops, realizing the party will dismount as soon as possible anyhow.


Merchant Caravan - Something is happening

Amon:
You see shadowy movements of figures in the bushes alongside the road, moving in parallel with the caravan. You can act, in a surprise round.

Enko:
You see bandits both above the caravan, in the trees and moving alongside it in the woods. At least a half dozen on the ground and a half dozen in the trees. You can act, in a surprise round.

As you approach the back of the caravan, the woods are quiet except for a few whistles here and there. No one in the caravan has noticed you yet.

GM Rolls:

Bandit1 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Bandit2 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bandit3 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bandit4 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bandit5 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Bandit6 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Bandit7 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bandit8 Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

We are now about to begin... an event. Amon and Enko have a chance to do something first.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"Bandits!"

Surprise Round:
Amon drops behind the dashboard (free action, hopefully gain some cover) and utters a brief prayer. A strand of silvery light extends from his chest and hits Enko in the back. (standard action, Life-Link with Enko)


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Surprise Round:

"Surrender to the Torchbearers now, Balagio, and we can offer mercy!" shouts Enko. Expecting no reply, he quaffs his Elixir of Tumbling and vaults from his horse into the trees.

If Enko cannot vault to the tree containing bandits, he's going to get to the trees closest to them.

Elixir Enhanced Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27


You drink the potion Enko, only a move or standard action during surprise round.

The woods erupt in chaos as the merchants, their animals, and the bandits all churn into motion. Thanks to Amon and Enko's warning, the bandits are caught by surprise and cannot launch their attack as they'd planned. You can see four archers standing in the trees and at least eight on the ground. Those on the ground are moving towards the caravan, apparently unfazed by Enko's offer to surrender.

For time sakes while I'm on vacation, I'll forgo the map. Just declare Round 1 actions in spoilered fashion please. Makes the statements as specific as you can without a map. Like if you're moving with a teammate, attacking at melee or range, etc... Thanks!

Initiative:
Good Guys (you are mounted)
Corneleous (don't forget your sickness during rolls)
Lucon
Jaiyana
Tavi (there's low brush which will enable sneaking in the woods, fyi)
Amon (Life-Link with Enko is active)
Enko (Your move into the tree can be your move for Round 1, and is enough to get to a bandit. You'd just need a standard action to finish the round)
----
The bandits (which include)
4 archers visible (they have shortbows, and seem to be armored lightly)
8 on the ground (They wield clubs, axes, and knives, and appear to be lightly armored)
????

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Question:

Corneleous would probably cast his mage armor on himself when he gets close (1/2 hour out) of the caravan. Is it ok if he cast it while riding? Concentration DC 16 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

I really need to re-read the rules sometime...

Round 1:
Enko vaults into the nearest tree, and in a dizzying blur of motion, lashes an open palm at the pressure point of the bandit archer on the branch near him.

Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Unsure what the CMB modifier is for tripping in a tree, and what roll will knock them out of the tree (and cause some falling damage). Up to you, GM!


Viscount Corneleous Ornelos wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Answer:
Yes that's fine. I think I remember you saying something to that effect earlier.
751 to 800 of 3,954 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.