Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


701 to 750 of 3,950 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Flex:
Knowing how uncouth it is to get into a pissing match with someone below him in status, the Viscount instead bursts out laughing.
Of course! If anyone here can recognize hard times, it would be you. A well bred gentleman would already have his own stables to draw from, or, more impressively, the coin to hire a wizard capable of summoning forth the prefect specimen of horse. You know, the kind who won't have shat upon your stage. You should be careful that the crowd doesn't mistake one steaming pile for another. He pats the 'too good to touch' actor on the shoulder, almost congenially.

The Viscount twirls his short staff like a cane, and strides away. Edit: apparently the curse word filter doesn't count past tense forms.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Flex; after the Viscount walks out.

Jaiyana bristles when Ulvauno makes mention of bloodying and using the already haggard horses, forcing them to suffer like slaves. She narrows her eyes. "These horses have already been ridden hard and have more than earned their rest. You shall not hurt them nor any beast of burden. Other horses will do." The ranger does her best to sound authoritative while avoiding insults, lest she make her actions worse. She glances to Jacovo apologetically. "How much are you being paid for the use of these proud creatures?"


Flex with Captain arrogant-pants

Ulvauno's eyes get wide at the Viscounts words, and he gets out a kerchief to wipe where the conjurer touched him, he shouts after him his voice turning shrill and ugly in his ire, "The crowd knows my talent naive, and I should've known you to be a proper expert on the droppings of dumb beasts!" The fair face is strained and angry, like an angry child. When Jaiyana speaks of denying him the horses, Jacovo starts to speak but is cut off by Ulvauno, the fair-featured man taking a step closer to the Ranger, his chin thrust forward and his lips curled, "How sweet, a woman who loves horses, I had no idea you and they were so close! Hah, if the good Jacovo here does not make good on our agreement, I will ensure he loses his contracts with every actors guild and every theater in Westcrown." Jacovo's face has gone white and he has begun sweating profusely, making little strangled noises in his throat. The actor looks back with mock concern towards the stable owner, "Oh don't worry my good man, I'll be sure to buy some of your worthless horse flesh, which will of course be virtually without value in a matter of weeks," and he looks directly at Jaiyana, "my dogs will be quite hungry by then I'm sure." He then folds his arms challengingly across his chest, facing those of you still inside, waiting on your next move. Jacovo is muttering about his family, and the dozens of people employed there, all to an indifferent Ulvauno's back.

Gorvio looks at all still inside from behind Ulvauno, expression angry, not at Ulvauno, but at you, arms thrust upward questioningly, as if to say 'Well, now what?!'


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Flex Time

"If you don't lend an animal to this man now, in 6 months time I'll purchase all of your horses," Jaiyana says to the stable-owner, never taking her eyes from the pompous actor, fists clenched at her side to prevent them from shaking with anger. She forces words out, as much to spite Ulvauno as to spare the horses. "All of them. At double value. You'll be able to take a well needed vacation, and perhaps even retire early," she swallows hard as she makes the offer. Even selling all she owned at that moment she couldn't hope to come close to the amount she'd need, that much she knew, despite being blinded by her growing rage. "You certainly won't need to rely upon any contracts signed by those who would consider this boy an authority on the matter."

But Jaiyana knew that now she that she had actively fought against Hellknights and won more than once; a deeper conflict would be brewing, and the value of the grunts' gear alone was great. If things continued along their current course she would be able to make good on that promise, or, quite literally, die trying.

The ranger decided long ago that she wanted to protect the trod upon citizens of Cheliax. Jacovo met that description. Ulvauno didn't. He was a petulant child.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Flexin' on in to the scene

Enko swiftly moves in front of Ulvauno and prostrates in supplication. "Please forgive my lord Viscount," he says, "He merely had concern that you would be using horses that would not suit your performance. Surely one as wise as you knows that a tired horse is a poor performer. Let these rest and they will be ready tomorrow."

And if he kills them during the performance, we will come back.


Flexin' right along...

Jacovo, eyes hopeful as Jaiyana and Enko step forward, becomes even more deflated as Jaiyana continues. Resignedly he steps forward before a bug-eyed Ulvauno can respond to her, patting the air, and though his eyes are full of appreciation there is a heavy dose of despair, "Gorvio, would you see your friends out please? Sir Ulvauno, come, let us select some horses for you. I think you'll especially like this mare, she..."

Jacovo manages to lead a haughty Ulvauno a few steps away, and Gorvio waves some stable hands over briskly. In moments the yard is full of boys and horses being led, cleaned and fed. Gorvio waves you all closer, "I appreciate what you're trying to do, and we had no idea that prig-devil of a man would be here, today of all days. It's more than the horses, good Jaiyana, it's his reputation, it's the families of the employees here, it's his own family. While he might get by for six months till you're able to buy everything, one of Ulvauno's fawning lady suitors would buy this place in a fortnight. The community relies on this establishment, and the jobs it provides. To survive my uncle has had to suffer certain indignities, which he does for these workers, their families, and others! They do pay him well, and drive more business his way, one day he'll be able to pay off his loans and be free of them. But this is not the way." He turns a burning gaze at the actors back, "However much I'd love to smack that smug smile off his face." He turns back to you, "Can you get back to the shine? I can't force you to go, but I fear anything you do to further anger Ulvauno will ultimately fall on my uncles head."


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Flex Time

The ranger's expression softens as she leaves the actor to his business, knowing her ire got the better of her for a moment. "I didn't mean to cause trouble for your family, but that ass shouldn't be praised for his ignorance and have his haughty attitude catered to. Men like your uncle won't have to endure such treatment for long. If and when you do decide to give Ulvauno a good strike; let me know," Jaiyana huffs. "I can hit very hard." With that she departs, embarrassed for herself and hoping she didn't cause too much damage to Jacovo's business.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

As Ulvauno leaves, Enko's tone and demeanor change from the deference of a Wiscrani commoner to the quiet surety of an Upper Reach Monk.

"We apologize for making trouble for you, Gorvio. It can be difficult at times to determine what is the more compassionate act; saving some lives now or many more later. If there is a problem, please let us know and we will send assistance, and politely."

To Jaiyana and Corneleous, he says, "I share your concerns. His actions will generate negative merit and will come around to affect his life. Whether we are the mechanism of justice or not, justice will arrive upon his head. In the meantime, we must practice patience."

He then bows to them all, deeper than he normally would, and more than once.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

What would the check be to know whether using a harmless spell to embarrass someone would break any laws?

If the action is not illegal, please read the spoiler below. If it is illegal, please forget I wrote anything.

flex, the last word:

The Viscount hates to see such a pompous ass get the last word in. The tu quoque insult was one step too far.

The Viscount has one spell left for the day, from his staff. He waits until the actor walks into the muddy street and utters a few arcane words, creating a pool of grease beneath the actors' feet out of thin air. He is weakened from the last expenditure of strength, and leans on his staff from down the street to see the result.

Cast Grease, Reflex Save DC 16 for immediate fall. Acrobatics check DC10 to move through at half speed or fall after.


Gorvio shrugs, "You all are not trouble, or at least I do not mind your type of trouble. This is that mans doing, and others like him." His eyes widen when Jaiyana states that men like Jacovo won't have to continue to endure similar treatment for long, eyes even getting a little wet, and he looks at those gathered, "I believe it. Before, before you all showed up, I hoped I was a part of something grand... Now I am sure of it." He beams and waves as he ducks back to his Uncles side.

Corneleous:
I'd settle for a K:Local for the legality question - DC15 and the answer is; it is illegal to target a spell at someone, the law is less clear if you target an area, say a patch of ground someone is walking towards.. I should state that legal or not, you would still be calling attention to you and possibly the others if he see's you. Because he will not appreciate being 'assaulted and tossed in the filth' or at least that's similar to what he'd actually say.
If you intend to not be seen, I need a stealth from you Corneleous, it's 30' range. Or you could have cast it up to two minutes in advance and be farther than 30' away by the time he comes out, hoping he comes out first. Which would you like to do?

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Knowledge local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The Viscount, imagining the actor sprawled out in the street filth, decides the mental image is enough. He adds the vain man to his list of enemies, but decides not to act for now. It is far wiser to save the last spell for emergencies.


You make your way back to the shrine without incident, moving into the alley and through the secret door that Ermolos guards. Once inside everyone is crowded around Arael and congratulating each other on the daring rescue. They turn as you enter and see if you're in need of anything, healing or otherwise, and are begging for your story, Arael unable to give them a very good description. The ambushers who took out the mounted Hellknights are praised, but are extremely curious to hear how you did it. Feel free to tell your version or not, as you see fit.

It comes out that throughout Araels long captivity he didn't give up any names or locations, for new or previous members of the group. He tells how he was taken while meeting with a contact about a secret group wrecking havok in Westcrown, striking day and night without fear of the shadowbeasts. Arael intended to gather information in preparation of doing something about this violent group, and thus protecting the citizens of Westcrown.


It was during this secret meeting that the dottari moved in and them and the Order of the Rack fought over custody. He received several promising leads on the group he was investigating and now knows where to investigate further. Gorvio comes in at some point during this explanation and greets Arael properly. Arael faces your group, "You've been through so much, and things are heated right now for our band. I hear we've been deemed the Torchbearers, is that right? That certainly has a certain ring to it, and we can be the light for all Wescrani people." He smiles at everyone, "We have a powerful group, and a name and very soon some clear short-term goals. I suggest we take a few days to let things with the Hellknights settle down, and so I can conclude my investigation. I promise to be more careful this time, and the dottari consider me the Order of the Rack's problem, and the Hellknights have been shamed badly by these folks here. If you're agreeable with my plan then Janiven or someone will reach out to you once things are better prepared, and we can make our next move. Any who would like to are welcome to stay here for the time being. Any questions?"

Arael looks around happily, and quietly, surrounded by the group and clearly excited for their prospects for the future.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

The Viscount, for once, is content in listening to his fellows tell the story of his bravery. So, rather than taking center stage, he merely asks for a warm drink, like a mulled wine, to relax and put up his feet. The days activities have left him weary, and all he wishes to do is turn in for the night with his spellbook.

Edit: he stays awake to see the contents of the intercepted envelope!


Fiosa is there with the mulled wine Corneleous asked for and Tamili brings her book over and raises her eyebrows questioningly, wondering if she can sit nearby before he goes to sleep.

The Notebook... wait I mean, The Envelope.

Corneleous mentions the intercepted letter and it's brought out. Tavi brings out her knife with a flourish and slides the it through the paper with careful precision. The seal remains intact and the words of the letter are exposed. They are few but written with force and sloppy, as if the writer was in a hurry and agitated.

It reads:

Commander, we have confirmed the group is called the Bastards of Erebus, and they are becoming more bold in their attacks than before. This is the third time I am writing, and I hope the gift of the rebel we're gave up to your order will inspire you and your men to mobilize the help we need to put this Erebus group down! Would you be acting differently if your Citadel were in Westcrown and therefor at risk? Please reply at your earliest convenience.

-Aberian Arvanxi

The letter remains cut along it's seam.


The 'day' is yours, and until one of the Torchbearers reach out to you feel free to get to know the others in the group better, go to your homes, sell/buy, etc... I'll leave this lay-low time open till tonight probably, and then move things along. You can continue to do things during this time in flex after I've moved things if you'd like.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

I believe we have some items that we need to off-load?

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

@the letter: Perhaps the enemy of our enemy is a possible friend?
Would we have heard of these Bastards?

The Viscount also makes sure to teach Tamils a few simple vigils, and some basic drills for harnessing small amount of fire, air, and the other base elements. Remind me, we need to get you your own spellbound to start if you are going to treat these lessons seriously.


@Tavi - I do recall a decent amount of stuff you have to sell. Twigs you still got that?

@Corneleous -
Tamili's eyes light up at the mention of a spellbound, and she nods. "Ok, I need a spellbound."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Tablet + autocorrect + "spellbook" = spellbound.
Can we edit that back to spellbook?


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko listens to the 'junior' Torchbearers in turn, looking at each one, nodding, and answering their questions patiently but with great humility. "We have much to thank Janiven for--without her help, and some of you, in preparing the ambush, we could not have taken the carriage. Yes, the fog was of Cornelous' doing. I do not know if the eagle was a devil, but I cannot believe so, knowing his character. Amon is a great healer and was able to protect us during battle--we owe him greatly. Janiven took the strongest blows, but was restored by Amon. It was Lucon who rescued Arael, shaking the carriage with his mighty strength and opening the door to save him. Tavi prevented any from escaping."

He sees Mathalen looking at him with a sort of pleading expression, and pauses. He looks at the group as a whole. "I...we are all Torchbearers. All of you. Train well, and our exploits will not seem extraordinary at all, but something that you may do with great ease. All can be healed and redeemed."

He bows to them all and to Arael.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2
Quote:
Janiven took the strongest blows, but was restored by Amon.

I appearently chose a poor name for this AP. Perhaps Jaiyana should start going by her last name to prevent further typo-confusion with Janiven? :)


@Corneleous - And where's the fun in that? I'm a little disappointed, I was really curious to find out what a spellbound was, sounded awesome.

@Jaiyana - I repeat 'And where's the fun in that?' I know, we'll just change Janivens name to Jaiyana, problem solved! :D


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

goodness gracious, it's hard to keep those names separate.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

off topic--it would appear that Ip Man is a Flowing Monk. Trip, AoO, Flowing Dodge, and---Flurry of Blows. Ip Man


Lucon listed the goods taken from the rescue scene, but no one responded to his question if they wanted anything. Tavi, since you asked, are you looking to sell everything?

Spoils of War:

9 Hellknight Chainmail - 337gp sold to black market buyer
9 crossbows, light - 189gp
150 bolts - 9gp
10 potions of cure light wounds - I assume you're keeping?
48 sp - already yours
9 Longswords - 63gp
1 Heavy Mace - 7.2gp
1 Large Heavy Crossbow - 60gp
1 Full Plate armor - 900gp

Please tell me what you AREN'T selling out of this.

I need someone to state they're selling or keeping stuff during the time-off and I'll push the story along this afternoon either way.

@Enko - Ip Man rocks


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Will we keep the crossbow? Can anyone make use of it? I wouldn't mind keeping the fullplate, but I'm plenty game to sell it too. I'm not certain I want to use that until I get armour training. We should definately keep the potions

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I would say that anyone who has a legitimate use for an item gets first dibs before selling it off.


M Human Commoner/1, Expert/1

Given that I just bought a breastplate, and its worth such a big chunk of gold, let's pawn it off for now. When its necessary and Lucon steps up to the mantle I'll comission some none hellknight fullplate with a continual-flamed torch insignia. It'll be pretty sweet.)


Sounds like everything except the potions are being sold, and the silver of course. That's 1565gp for the group. Correct?

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Fine by me.


Alright I'm tentatively moving things forward.
A day goes by without hearing from anyone. Some of you stick around the shrine, socializing and interacting with the others. After a long rest Arael is back out and on the move, Janiven accompanying him most of the time. You get the sense she's afraid he's going to get snatched again.

Yakopulio has kept her ear open at her other job, and reports that the Order has recently sent a group of new recruits on a hunt for rebels through Westcrown and the surrounding countryside, in the nude. The city has shifted all responsibility for Arael to the Order of the Rack, and the Rack hasn't made an official statement of losing any prisoners. Max XP and 2/2 points for not killing any Hellknights and rescuing Arael successfully. AC and Sclavo have become fast friends, and appointed themselves the scribes and scholars of the Torchbearers. Between the two of them, there isn't much that escapes their attention. AC lets you all know he'll be taking on that role on a more permanent basis, and while he may join some public Torchbearer efforts, it will be the exception rather than the rule.

Yakopulio does hurry in the next evening for a hushed meeting with Arael and Jaiyana, and after about fifteen minutes they emerge and call the Torchbearers together. Those of you who have gone home receive small tokens under their doors or some other place that is private but commonly traveled. The token has a small engraving of three torches, tips barely touching, together creating a single large flame. Thundercats, HOOOO! I'm assuming everyone returns to the shrine.

Once you all have gathered, Arael stands and moves to the middle of the common area, conversations hushing quickly. The handsome elf looks quietly at each of you, a small smile on his face. "Thank you for coming, it gladdens my heart to see your determined faces. I'll cut right to it. Yakopulio has learned the Mayor is getting desperate for assistance. There has been an increase in the number of thieves and robbers in Westcrown, and the Bastards of Erebus are the worst of all. While his dottari do their best to cull that threat, other groups are becoming more bold. He has made a call for help with these other groups, and I think we have our first real chance to make a visible difference for good in the eyes of the populace and even the mayor." The excitement is evident in his eyes as he goes on, "Yakopulio has information on two such groups, Puli, if you would."

The buxom gnome saunters forward, enjoying the attention. After letting everyone get a good look she says, "There are two groups, neither as bold or deadly,by all reports... as the Erebus group. Several groups of thugs range outside of Westcrown, striking merchants and nobles and robbing them blind. Literally taking an eye along with the goods of such men and women. It's not too surprising that the suspected ringleader is Blind Balagio, a one-eyed viscous rascal." She pauses here, an odd bloodthirsty glint in her eye, "The mayor wants his head."

She holds up two fingers, "The second, let's say option, is following up on the reports of a white-bearded Goblin, named Whitechin, and his tribe. Apparently he's resided in the dead part of the city for some time, near the north wall. But the dottari presence has kept them intimidated, until now. They are growing in number and visibility. If left unchecked they could start making raids on the city, or disrupting merchant traffic." She stands still for a moment, holding your attention, and then strikes a provocative pose, and sways back to her cushion.

Arael shakes his head, but there is a smile on his face as he steps back to the middle, "Thank you Puli, a most visual report. Now I pose the question to you six, as you have proven your skill and strength more than once. Are either of these tasks one you feel you can represent the Torchbearers on. Making make our light a little brighter for the people of Westcrown by dealing with one of these groups?" He seems to be holding back a little, either he's uncertain of making the more militant decisions, or he is making a statement and a vote of confidence in you. Whatever his motives, he looks at you patiently and expectantly, as do the other eyes in the room.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"Let us deal in certainties and prioritize the known attackers," says Enko.

"Balagio first."


Arael smiles in gratitude at Enko, "I'll leave the details to you. If you desire additional information, or help from the other Torchbearers, we'll do our best to assist. Take time to prepare yourselves, as the number of highway men had varied from 3 to nearly up to twenty -although I suspect the last number is a bit inflated. It's believed they separate to cover more ground, and no one has found a hideout, but it's thought to be in the woods to the west or southwest of the city." He turns to the others, "In the meantime, let us rededicate ourselves to gathering all information we can on the Bastards of Erebus. These villians must be stopped." He pulls the rest closer and starts handing out assignments and directions, the excitement of his earlier words still palpable.


M Human Commoner/1, Expert/1

I'll have a flextime post up for the timeskip tommorow that I thought I'd penned already. I'd meant to join in the telling of the story and then return to my family. However I might be running a S&S game this arvo, and I have a full day of classes. Whew.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

"I agree; Balagio first," Jiayana concurs. "A healthy unarmed man can take a goblin in a fight with a bit of luck; practiced highwaymen are another story entirely."

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Don't be too confident, my dear. A single goblin is easy; an entire tribe though? A different story. One of the lessons they teach in The Acadamae is not to underestimate the small demons, for they multiply and spread much faster than one can control- like a fire. He pauses, and tries, for once, to be agreeable to the group.
Still, I think taking out the bandit first is more wise: he is actively preying upon the city rather than gathering forces. His defeat would also be the best kind of publicity that the Torchbearers desperately need. Shall we ambush the criminals? Perhaps we rent a wagon and convince them that it's laden with goods, only to spring forth as laden with foes?

After a moment, he considers his more upright friends We should check with a victim or two, query them as to what they remember about tactics, and see for ourselves that Balagio is plucking out eyes. It is one thing to rob, but a much more evil choice to maim. If, indeed, he's taking eyes, we should be much more harsh in our enforcement. It may mean wiping them clean off this earth. He hesitates to share the more dark components of his past, but continues turning to Puli. I have heard of enchantments powered by the collection of gruesome trophies. Do we know if the bandits are involved in the dark arts at all?


Yakopulio turns to Corneleous at his question, and sidles up next to him. I assume he's sitting. She leans against his leg, one elbow draped over as she relaxes. Tamili gives an absent frown in the gnomes direction. She gestures down at her tiny self, "Count honey, do I look like a magician to you? My girls haven't heard any such reports of witchery or dark artists, just bandits and an angry-eyed crazy man." She stands straight and taps him once on the chest, turning back towards Araels huddle with a wink, "The first ones free honey, the next one'll cost ya."


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Flex Time:
Lucon sheepishly joins in on the telling of the tale, bashfully telling that he left the Hellknights a few bruises to remember, and praising the Viscounts magic. Ermolos the smith helps him out of his armour, and the carpenter sits for a while, whistling to himself finding a home for his equipment in the temple, trading it for his toolbelt. It seems he doesn't yet consider it his. "I must return home. I fear for the state my workshop is in, and my eldest will be accompanying the caravans tommorow." Hrm, I may regret this, but it should certainly liven things up! :P

Lucon mutters his quiet thanks, and extends you all the courtesy of his table in the weeks to come. "You saved my life in those sewers." he says, to the halfling. "What's mine is yours. I owe each and all of you a debt."

On the morrow, it seems the man hasn't answered his summons, but as the day grows old he emerges, dressed in light, unassuming workwear and a thick, sawdust covered cloak, glancing over his shoulder. Breathlessly, he turns to you. "H... huff... have you need of me? Young Aric is to accompany the caravan to East Rikkan, upriver. Trade for some raw lumber." he says, simply. "I've been working since dawn."

Erp, class time. I'll no longer be DMing tonight, so hopefully I can get some solid posting done (or failing that, take the lady somewhere). And Mug, I still owe you details on my family! Sorry! That totally slipped my mind. I'll get on that this weekend!


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Amon nods. "The bandits first. I would rather tackle the problem we can predict and anticipate rather than some filthy, savage beasts in a hole somewhere."


The group decides to attack the bandits first, and begin making preparations. Arael didn't specify a day to start this task, but hopefully you stop them before Balagio and his bandits hurt too many more people. So I want to make sure you're done shopping before I move you along. Also I need a time of day/night, and the method you intend to start the hunt/ambush.

Ermolos approaches Lucon, a little uncomfortable, "It's tough to balance the Torchbearers and my smithing, but it's worth it. I wanted to let you know I'd be happy to help out your business if you need it. I'm no carpenter, but I'm strong, and can work as well as any man. I'd rather be out there with you six, but Janiven says we're still not ready." He looks at the ground when he concludes his offer, but looks up hopefully at the end. You can tell he's itching to help, and a little frustrated to be kept out of the action.

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Can we find out when a normal caravan is scheduled to go through? Either replacing them, or shadowing them as our trap for the bandits.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Aye, Bandits first. I've had my fill of sewer beasts for awhile.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

"Perhaps we could find some simple costumes as well? I doubt a driver and his wife behind the dashboard would arouse much suspicion."

For some reason this reminds me of the wagon ambush scene from Firefly.


I still have yet to watch Firefly, to my everlasting shame


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"I agree, Corneleous. Puli, where can we find one of Balagio's victims?" Enko appears amused, though relatively immune, to the gnome's charms.

You're going to marry Tavi, Amon? Watch out for the knives...


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]
GM Mug wrote:
I still have yet to watch Firefly, to my everlasting shame

What? That's like saying you've never seen Star Wars! It's on Netflix. With their free trial period you could watch the whole series sans cost. There were, sadly, only 13 episodes.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Indeed, Mug, watch all, then watch the movie, then create conversions for the characters. Especially -spoiler omitted-

Cheliax

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

In Mugs defense, there were only 13 episodes. My wife is a different breed of nerd, and even though she fell asleep 3x trying to watch it she ultimately loved it.


I've seen Serenity, and feel like I already love it despite not ever watching the series. But it is silly of me not to, maybe I'm worried my high expectations won't be met. It is RAVED about by most. I'll do it one of these days.

Yakopulio thinks for a moment, tiny finger tapping her lip, "Try Shemway Varelea, a trader in spices and... art I think. He has a shop over near The Imperial Marina, Varalea's Imports or some such clever name. Look for the business man with one eye." She almost starts to giggle before stopping herself. "If you need directions or an introduction I can take you any time."

Been helping my sister and my lazy brother-in-law move into their new house this afternoon. So fun! I love taking the initiative when moving someone elses things, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

701 to 750 of 3,950 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.