Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Council of Thieves

Game Master Mug

"We did not fail Aroden—he failed us, though we Wiscrani held the faith! We embraced that adversity and replaced his betrayal with strength and order." —Alcini Vitaron of Alcini’s Apothecary

**Combat Map**
*Map of Westcrown*


651 to 700 of 3,954 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"Everything is connected, friend Arael," says Enko, reaching for a potion from a fallen Hellknight and pausing when Arael sees it. "In this case, the Hellknights' bad deeds were connected with their downfall. Our path led us to you. We are here to rescue you, and return you to take your place as leader, with Janiven and the others. We have named ourselves the Torchbearers, to give new light and hope to Westcrown and beyond."

He lays the potion vial upon one palm and continues, softly, "It is an evil deed to associate healing with renewed pain, and yet you are in need of healing. Will you trust us, and drink of it, so that we may ride away from here? We will be discovered soon."

Enko kneels and bows to Arael, hand outstretched.


Relief floods his features as Enko gives his explanation, "Torchbearers?... Janiven, the others, they're well? You must be the ones she was meeting with, but the Armigers kept bragging how they'd found you and even killed some of you!" He closes his eyes as if remembering something painful, "Keep the potion sir, I've had enough for awhile." CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 He suddenly straightens, bruises and cuts disappearing, "They wanted me to heal myself, to see if I could, but I claimed I could not, and nearly died for it. Can someone do something about these? I agree we must make haste back to Westcrown." He holds up his manacled hands with a rattle of chains, and peers past some of you to the roadway, "By my guess we're somewhere on the way to Citadel, a bold choice for a rescue." He looks around at your faces, some of them still covered by hoods or helms, with renewed respect.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Flex Time: When Ekno hands Jaiyana potions taken from the Hellknights.

Jiayana quietly nods her thanks to the monk and unstoppers a potion, downing it and letting it heal her recent injuries. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 She winces slightly as the last of her gashes and bruises knit in seconds.

End Flex Time.

"You are correct, Arael. Had we tarried any longer you would be irrevocably within the Hellknight grasp," the ranger states matter-of-factly as she shrugs off her armored coat and draws the picks and probes from her belt pouch, setting to work on the manacles. "But do not worry yourself. To my knowledge all we've met and heard of are indeed safe, but if we don't hurry soon we may not be."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
And a few more in case that doesn't get it.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

I'm suddenly aware that the bread on my person has been stomped through a sewer. Perhaps Arael can do without, so I'll edit away this post and wait til morning... :P


Despite Jaiyana's efforts Arael remains shackled. Now that some of his bruising is gone you can see he's quite a handsome elf, or possibly half-elf. When the lock remains stubbornly fixed, "Perhaps I can assist?" Cast Guidance on Jaiyana. +1 to next skill check.

Looking once more out the back door, as if searching for something, "Was there a heavily armored Hellknight here? A nasty piece of work who was quite eager to start on me in earnest at the Citadel. I thought I saw them give him some keys after shackling me like a dog."


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

The halfling oracle stumbles over to the carriage, obviously worse for wear after absorbing the damage intended for Jaiyana. We waves a weary hand. "Gather 'round." Closing his eyes and focusing his concentration, the group feels their wounds knit together and heal.

Channel Energy 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Channel Energy 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Channel Energy 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He turns to those gathering equipment. "Don't forget the saddles from the horses! Those are expensive and should fetch a nice price."


Where are you standing on the map, EXACTLY, Amon? See the map below.

**MAP**


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko takes a look at Shanwen to see if he meets Arael's description. "Is this of whom you speak?" he says, indicating the fallen Hellknight. "We used the keys to open the carriage--I wonder if they open anything else."


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

*Facepalm!* Find the key. *Sigh.*

EDIT: Might as well not waste the guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Before we move along I'll give Amon some time to post, because his answer will potentially have some serious ramifications of what happens immediately after his channeling.
@Jaiyana, If you look at what was found, there were two keys. She must not have taken part in the search. :)


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

..........


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

PLEEZE TO HAVE SOMEONE COUP DE GRACE TRUSSED UP KNIGHTS

Enko wouldn't have done it. Gah.


I'm actually already torn giving him a chance to clarify his actions, what I should be doing is just rolling with my interpretation, however, since this has come up before I feel this is an extenuating circumstance.

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Metagaming question: defeating them twice counts as double xp, right?


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Tavi will walk from HK to HK, ensuring they can fight no more before heading the wagon to help unbind our new 'friend'.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

we have their potions. Bring it on.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Tell you what, Tavi. You chop off his right hand, I'll get his left; he'll be free in no time. ;P

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

I still have one spell left, if they're still wearing metal armor, we can just pile them up and I'll shocking grasp them! Why didn't I pick evocation again?


Just for clarification Tavi, are you coup de grace-ing each of them or tying them up? You didn't roll damage so... I'm assuming binding them somehow?


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

No I am coup de gracin' each that is still alive. No sense in letting anyone get back with the tale.


Ah, in that case you don't roll to hit, just damage, or just say that you're coup de grace-ing them and I'll hand wave the damage. With this new development none of the Hellknights are affected by Amon's channel, and you may proceed. Arael's still locked up, and you are all much healthier than before the channeling.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

I may have misread the previous posts, but it was my understanding that all of the Hellknights were deceased. I wouldn't have healed any of them if the were still kicking around. Also, since we are out of combat, I assumed it would be a trifle to have everyone gather near me momentarily for the channeling then resume their activities.


See OOC thread about the channel thing, we can talk about it there.

Arael looks around hopefully, "So any luck finding an extra key?

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Make haste, we haven't much time before the other knights find us. If we cannot find the key, and we cannot sunder the lock, throw him over a horse. It may not be comfortable, but I can guarantee it'll be better than whatever the knights had in mind for him.

Away!


Alright, AC is taking matters into his own hands! :)

AC strides over and fishes through the gathered loot, holding up his hand after a few seconds, "I knew I saw another key!" He then works his way into the carriage around the others and to everyone's great surprise the shackles pop open easily. Feeling much better after Amon's healing, he bows his head to the halfling, and then to each of you. I am Arael, and I undoubtedly owe you all my life."

Stepping from the carriage he stretches and looks around to get his bearings, but starts as he notices the bodies strewn on and around the carriage, in a quiet voice, "What happened here? Did you all do this?" He looks around and begins to note the rent clothes and bloody lines, and the newly healed skin on some of you, regretting the judging tone from a moment before. He bows his head with eyes closed, chin on his chest, and says a small prayer, asking safe passage for the souls of the dead. Looking up once again there are tears in his eyes, "Why did you risk so much just for me? The odds were surely against you... and so many are dead. It could have been you lying here."


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"One day, but not today," smiles Enko. "We saved you so that you can save all of us."

Are there still tripped horses and riders further down the bridge? Is Janiven lurking about?

"Are you well enough to ride, Arael? We have a horse for you--not the Rack's horses, but our own. Your own."


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

'The needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many'...ah, Star Trek. Different universe.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

If Tavi DOES move to slit the throats of the hellknights, Lucon will let out a roar of horrified protest, moving to pull her off of them. "PEACE LITTLE ONE! They do not stir, and Hellknight or not, they are still Wiscrani. I'd sooner be remembered a lowly carpenter than a... than a butcher...

Grapple Check vs. CMD 14 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Tavi is allowed an AoO if she wishes. I'd rather avoid being stabbed, though.


Aaaaalright. Looks like we've got some differing opinions on the disposition of justice. I believe the majority of Lucons post was intended to be IC not OOC. The fate of the Hellknights can continue in flex-time, from here on out add the appropriate flextime label while deciding their fates.

Realtime Rescue
-After Enko mentions horses, and giving himself a physical and mental shake, Arael responds, "Yes, yes of course. Let us be off." You all move to your hidden horses and mount up, Arael moving a bit gingerly, as are some of you possibly. The ride is quiet and slow, and at one point Arael asks if anyone has a cloth or hood to mask his face, not sure how well known he is at this point.

There are some horses in the distance, but they are bunched and you're not certain how many there are. You also seen Armiger bodies, but you can't tell how many.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

And now Jaiyana must make a decision... 1d2 ⇒ 1

Flex Time

"Lucon is probably right, Tavi; Janiven asked us to slay as few as possible and I'm not in the business of killing the defenseless. Nor showing mercy, which is certainly what a quick death here would bring these men. The Hellknights will be punished worse for their failure by there superiors than a blade to the throat, and they brought it upon themselves. With some luck it may lead them to re-examine their life choices. Doubtful," Jaiyana says, not taking an active roll in either restraining or freeing the halfling from the carpenter's grip.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Flex:

Leave me! Let go Lucon. You want them remembering this moment when next they take one of us prisoner or our families? Then be on your head it will be, I wash my hands of this mess.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Flex:
Lucon pales slightly at that, seeming to stare at Tavi in a new light, the hurt visible in his narrowed eyes, but he remains resolute. He gently but firmly walks Tavi away from the battleground and towards the horses before releasing her, staring at his hands with a grimace before wiping some of the blood onto his cloak.


The trip back to the city is uneventful. With any surviving Hellknights well on their way back to the Citadel and likely shamed, it will be at least an hour before news of the ambush reaches the attention of the Order of the Rack—plenty of time for your group and your allies to return to Westcrown. Before they enter the city, Arael pauses to conceal his face with a hooded cloak—though bruised, he still may be recognizable, and he is not sure if his description is known to the Hellknights or the dottari.

Arael is a handsome man whose family has long lived in Westcrown. During the trip back he takes some time to get to know you and explain some of his goals. He wants nothing more than to see the House of Thrune toppled, but knows that this is a long-term goal at best, and has set his sights, for now, on what he feels is a much more realistic goal—making Westcrown a nicer place to live. His frustrations with the government of Westcrown aren’t that they are pawns of the House of Thrune, but that they don’t do more to make their city a better place to live at the same time. He hopes that by founding a group of do-gooders, if not outright “people’s heroes” (he’s loath to actually use the word “rebel” since that has negative connotations in his mind), he can show the city’s rulers a better way.


Janiven, with Larko and Gorvio, meets you within the city a few minutes from the hidden shrine, each of them astride a horse and leading several others along behind. "Thank the gods." she says as she sees each of you -mostly in one piece- and that Arael is with you as well. She rides a few yards nearer and clasps arms with the man, causing Arael to gasp in pain, before an embarrassed Janiven reduces her enthusiastic grip. He does manage a smile, "All is well, and I'm quite impressed by your friends Jani." Now Janivens blush deepens even more, and she shoots him a half-angry glare, "I forgot how annoying you could be El, welcome back. The others are fine and waiting for you at the shrine. Gorvio needs to get these horses returned to his uncle, and then we'll head right back to you all." Arael nods tiredly, re-covering his face with a grateful look in your direction and rides on with Larko.

Janiven and Gorvio starting leading you in another direction, noting your condition, cuts, and (in some cases) blood spattered clothes. Looking around to ensure you're clear, and speaks with a voice full of suggestion and intrigue, "Thank you all, well done. How did it go? Were there many... animals that had to be... put down?"

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

Madam, in these troubled Times, the less you know, the less that they can take from you by torture. Know only that we did what we must. I exhausted nearly all of my formidable powers of the art. The Viscount says as he places his hand on his ample stomach melodramatically.

He would also cryptically mention the letter, assuming we opened it to view its secrets.


Janiven bows her head in acknowledgement, but when she looks up her face is grave, "I appreciate your looking out for my safety, but if Arael is the heart of this group, I am it's knife. It's not out of idle curiosity that I ask you, but due to the potential ramifications we discussed earlier, the information is actually essential. Again I do appreciate your efforts and sacrifice... but how many?" While her response was to the Viscount, her eyes take in all of you, now dreading the answer.


Female Halfling Rogue (Knife Fighter) or Soulknife (If allowed)

Not nearly as many as we should have, Tavi mutters loud enough for Janiven to hear, shooting a look at Lucon.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

"We had a difference of opinion on the subject of mercy," says Enko carefully, "But I believe all survived to tell the tale."

"Perhaps we can come to a consensus as a group so as to avoid further misunderstanding. We cannot unite others if we ourselves are divided."

He thinks of dead Hellknights laying in the sewers.


Janiven looks from one face to another and vague details come to life, finally she just presses her lips together, and nods quickly, accepting the information you've provided, and canters ahead. Around the next corner a large stable comes into view, with a small crowd gathered outside, each man and woman trying to get a better look inside. A loud, pompous voice carries over the crowd from inside the stables, apparently the source of the commotion. As you get closer Janiven dismounts, and each of you follow suit, walking the horses inside.

More coming tomorrow. Gnight people.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Lucon looks uncomfortable at the talk at toppling the House of Thrune, fidgeting with his reins and eyes fixed downward. He nods with a grim smile at the thought of a better lot for Wiscrani.


Once everyone is inside, Gorvio closes the main gate to the stable, mostly cutting off the view from the people outside. You see the source of the pompous voice, a handsome, well-dressed, but arrogant-looking man berating an older looking Gorvio -presumably this is Jacovo the stable owner. You've heard enough to know the arrogant man is upset that Jacovo doesn't have the 'right kind of horse' available.

Jacovo, looking miserable, states in a voice full of praise, "Good sir, if I'd had any idea that the famous Thesing Umbero Ulvauno would be visiting my stables today I'd have made sure that only the best were available. I'm sorry m'lord." Thesing seems to preen a little at being referred to as a Lord, but that still doesn't improve his attitude over-much, "Indeed! I'm shocked that you weren't informed of my coming, how often is it that a Wescrani elite, such as myself, deigns to enter your odorous establishment?" He flicks some imaginary dirt from his sleeve, "I'm practically forced to conclude that you've deprived me of the quality of horses, that I AM entitled to, as a direct insult to I, me, and myself. Indeed that is three insults, you sniveling worm! Now what am I supposed to do tonight while performing 'The Elopement of the Dowager Princess' which everyone knows contains a scene wherein the princess and her handsome lover —played by me, of course— flee the city pursued by the king’s horsemen?" You get the sense he enjoys the sound of his own voice, which really is quite loud and impressive.

All this time he has been turning, gesticulating, pacing, clearly wrestling greatly with his dilemma. Now he finally notices your group, or he has pretended not to till now, and makes a big show of being shocked and surprised at your presence. He approaches Janivens horse slowly, as if he's found a great treasure, "These are exactly the type of horse I needed hours, oh nay, days ago!" He gives you all a sneering look, "You and these people are clearly in on a plot to ruin the finest actor to grace the theater! Perhaps we should call the authorities!"

Poor Jacovo clasps his hands together pleedingly, while he may not knows the details, he knows that lending Gorvio and Janiven these horses could bring the dottari or the Hellknights down upon him. "No m'lord, never that m,m,m,m'lord!" The stable owner is clearly flustered and out of his depth and his eyes flick pleadingly your direction for help.

Opera is very very popular in Westcrown, so even if you don't honestly know his name, stating that you don't is considered quite rude, just to give you all some context.

K:Local DC 10:
Thesing Umbero Ulvauno is an up and coming actor/opera singer who believes his recent success makes him more important than he really is. He is skilled, but has an amazing ego to go with it.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

rolls:

K Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sense Motive for Ulvauno: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
ok, how serious is Ulvauno about calling the authorities?

Enko bends the knee for Ulvauno as a good Wiscrani should. As he does so, his elbow bumps Amon's money bag.

Bribe, bribe, bribe the opera singer, as a good Wiscrani should, Faceman!

Dark Archive

M Human (Chelaxian) Wizard 5 (conjurer)
Stats:
Init +5 Per +4 | AC 15 (w mage armor) otherwise 11/11 | HP 35/35 | F +2/R +2/ W +5| CMB +3 CMD 15

roll:
knowledge local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

By Asmodeus's beard, I have long wanted to meet the exquisitely talented Ulvauno! The last performance I saw you give was simply spellbinding. Tell me, where is this next piece being performed, for I shall have to reserve a box for my family, the Ornelos. the Viscount weighs in with his knowledge of the local scene, while not so subtlety combining a name drop and a stroke of the actors ego.
Surely you jest about these drab mules being the centerpiece of your show! They were barely serviceable as conveyance for my entourage's tour of the city. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that I may have caused you, I simply had to have the horses today and wouldn't take no for an answer. I am sure the stable can have them brushed down and ready to be transformed into something magical on stage in short order.
The Viscount extends one hand for a shake, flourishing his signet ring.

this assumes he has removed his mask earlier, upon being safely in the city.


female Chelaxian ranger (skirmisher, urban ranger) 2

Knowledge (local):
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Jaiyana raises an eyebrow skeptically as Thesing speaks, and cocks her head toward Enko as if to ask who is this clown, but manages to bite her tongue and remain silent, lest it call negative attention to their band so soon after springing Arael with needless sarcasm, allowing the Viscount his pleasantries. Though she hadn't heard of this particular man he was obviously one of the unfortunate by-products of the ailing society she was working to cure.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Yeah, we definitely wouldn't be clip clopping through Westcrown with masks on.


Male Halfling Oracle (Life) 2 [HP 20/20 : AC 17 CMD 11 Touch 13 Flat 15 : heavy mace+0;1d6-1 : sling+4;1d3-1 : F +3 R +3 W +4 : INIT +2 Perc +2 CMB -1]

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Oh, great. A 'creative.'

"I think a performer as talented and well-noted as yourself should have no difficulty finding another horse for your performance. These horses have already seen hard riding and I doubt you would want them to appear haggard or fatigued during your show. Besides, surely the great Ulvauno could persuade another stablemaster to supply him a horse."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Ulvauno smiles broadly at Enko's show of respect, nods his head in deference to the Viscount, but doesn't take Corneleous' hand, "Recently manicured, you understand, and dear fellow you look and smell exceptionally rancid for a man of your stature, hard times at the Ornelos these days?" the last is said with a smirk and nothing resembling sincere concern, but he appears happier for the exchange. He frowns slightly at Jaiyana's lack of acknowledgement of any kind, lifting his head to better look down his finely shaped nose at her. As Amon speaks Ulvauno places a hand on the halflings shoulder, "While you are able to recognize a fine actor, I wouldn't expect someone of your stature to understand the intricacies of pure theater. Why, how better to portray a realistic chase scene than with fatigued and bloodied horses? Granted they aren't bloody now, but do not fear, they will be before the show. And while I could get what is my due from another stablemaster, I am convinced this error was merely an oversight due to the mans overworked mental faculties, and general poor judgement. No good peasants, you are not in fact evil, merely bumpkins, as much victims as I... or I if I were poor and ugly. You may go now." He actually ruffles Amon's hair a little as his finishes pontificating.

He then turns back to Jacovo, tone still pompous but quiet and appeased now. When the actor isn't looking the stablemaster mouths a quick but grateful 'Thank You!' and returns his attention to Ulvauno. Gorvio whispers, "I'll stay with him, you head back. We'll be fine now."

You can all head back or do more here, but the crisis has been averted. Enko, he was serious, as only an ignorant celebrity can be, thinking he had grounds to call for the dottari because he wasn't getting what he wanted.


Monk of the Upper Reach 4 | Separatist Cleric of Iomedae 1
Stats:
Init +4 Per +11 | AC 22/22/15 | HP 32/32 | F +6/R + 8/ W +9/+11 enchant| CMB +4/+7 trip CMD 25/27 trip | Redir 4/4

Enko looks at the horses, then at Ulvauno, and practices compassion, and keeps practicing. He memorizes Ulvauno's face, and turns to leave.


Magnificent bull-rushing train of justice and smack-downs | Init +1 Per +2 | AC 25/12/23 or AC 21/12/19| HP 45/45 | F +6/R + 2/ W +3| +3 bravery, +1 trait bonus vs. devils CMB +8 CMD 19 | Conditions: None
Attacks:
pick one-handed power attack w/shield +8 (1d6+9) | pick two-handed power attack +10 (1d6+13/x4) | pick one handed w/shield +10 (1d6+5/x4) or two handed +12 (1d6+7/x4) | bardiche +10 (1d10+13/19-20; reach, brace) |

Lucon looks uncomfortable in the presence of the quite-obviously important man. He wouldn't presume to interrupt his betters, staring fixedly at his feet through the entire exchange. Shuffling slightly and trying not to draw attention to himself, the hulking man seems to be trying to hide behind Amon.

651 to 700 of 3,954 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Council of Thieves - Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.