Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Cosmic Captive PbP Gameday June 9th-July 21st

Game Master nightdeath

Map

Initative:

Na'al the Healer [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Nitkiflink Stormfizz [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Fleur Roseleaf [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Lannior Llarm [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Arboreal [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Electra Firemind [dice]1d20+8[/dice]

Perception:

Na'al the Healer [dice]1d20+0[/dice]
Nitkiflink Stormfizz [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Fleur Roseleaf [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Lannior Llarm [dice]1d20+9[/dice]
Arboreal [dice]1d20+10[/dice]
Electra Firemind [dice]1d20+11[/dice]

Success:

Fire - 1
Fire Engine Special - 1

Time Taken:

To Sea of Light - 19 mins
Crash Site - 10 mins


1 to 50 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

For Dotting Purposes.

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Dot. Will update stat sheet tomorrow.

The Exchange

Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

Dot

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

dot

Grand Lodge

Female human Bard 3 (CORE): HP 23 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3* | CMD 16 | Perc. +6 | Init. +6

.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (or June 10th.)

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.

Your party also receives one wand of cure moderate wounds (5 charges)

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

A young elven woman bows deeply as she makes her entry.
Her blond hair contrast eith a grey hooded cloak
Know arcane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Know geography: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Didnt think this was supposed to start until Friday the 9th?

Grand Lodge

Female human Bard 3 (CORE): HP 23 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3* | CMD 16 | Perc. +6 | Init. +6

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
k(arcane): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
k(geo): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Fleur is more than happy to share what knowledge and rumors she has heard about the going on. "The comet? That thing in the sky that appeared several months ago? There have been all sort's of stories about doom and gateways appearing over the world. So the Socyity leaders have finally lost it sending us to space? Now I know why they were copying system charts on interplanetary travel. This is madness! When do we leave? I suppose extra protection from extremes envoroments can't hurt."

Fleur is human young female bard sporting a chain shirt and dark wood shield. She seems excited about the adventure.

(Fleur will opt for the space protection spell. 1PP).

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Na'al uses his underworld contacts to try to obtain some useful information.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

With how flaky the site has been lately going through the preliminaries doesn't seem a bad idea. I expect Hmm will post the Master of spells speech on the 9th to kick things off. (yes I have played this in standard). If you have a game you planning to get in in the next 2 days refrain from posting until it is done (and pick a core pregen in case of emergencies) I will take off my venture agent hat and remember I am only a player here

Arboreal is a male elf who makes Kreighton Shaine look sane. There are several twigs in his hair and in his clothing which is unkempt. A small hawk rests on his gauntletted right hand. (the gauntlet is leather)

know arcane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
know geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Ah the spire of Nex. Are all his armies about to come crawling out and attack Absalom. Now that would be exciting. Will we be able to explore it. The rumour is its incredibly bigger on the inside than the outside. Ooh look that strange unknown comet of the irregular paths. Very boring pay it no heed. No trees grow on comets"

"No Hawkie I dont think this is an adventure for you. Go find a nice tree to rest in" The hawk takes off

I took familiar to see how they play and then keep chickening out. Should have gone arcane bond

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Ah most interesting spell could you cast on me please. I would like to see the intricacies once more"

He inspects the rucksack.
"So if the spell lasts 11 hours should we also drink the endure elements potion that lasts 24 hours now"

The Exchange

Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

Dipolmacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Know (geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

A lanky, wisp thin elf with prominent elven features; pale skin, eyes so blue they almost look black, long straight hair of very pale yellow, and of course long pointy ears. He wears rough-spun leather clothing and studded leather armor in shades of brown and green, long brown leather boots, a dark green woolen cloak, and a long bow over his shoulder. He carries a very long spear, but seems to have no trouble moving it through the spaces he occupies.

He moves among the other and listens in to what they have to say.

Ah, space now that really in the final frontier isn't it. I wonder if it is wise to send such a large contingent of agents there at one time.

I heard scholars have sequestered in closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes for weeks now. And I overheard some uppity looking elves saying that the comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Somehow they've been watching it and it had been rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether. That can't be a good sign.

I think there is a chance it's going to hit Golarion and the Pathfinder Society has stepped up to save the world! Can't let another Starfall, happened I lived through that last year not a lot of fun. The elf quips.

Spending the 1 PP for the spell, and will drink my Endure Elements as well.

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

I will also spend the 1 PP

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Nitkiflink knows little more than what has already been stated by the others.

As the elf approaches with the cart Nit frowns. "Zero gravity? Radiation? Umm. sure I will take your spells." Even though Nit concedes to taking the spells he still feels like the man is selling volcano insurance in the middle of Absalom.

I will pay the 1 PP

Grabbing ahold of the snapleaf and air crystals Nit takes a moment and attaches the leaf to his chest and places the crystals into a small pouch at his waist.

Looking up at dozens of Pathfinders all gathered in one place. "This never goes well when we all gather together..." He mutters to himself before looking up and smiling. He raises the goggles from his eyes to show large golden orbs with barely any pupils, a stark contrast to the deep blue hair. "Names Nitkiflink Stormfizz. You can just call me Nit."

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Electra will pay the 1pp. What about pets or familiars is that 2pp then or still one?


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Assume that the spell will also cover pets and familars as part of the casting.

The pathfinders mingle around picking up useful bits of information here and there before they find themselves by fate or design, gathered together.
It's obvious that somehow you're a team unto yourselves.

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

"Hey youse guys. I picked up this little wand that might be expedient in dis paticluar expedition. However I can not use such objects of paticular magical qualities. Would one of you spell casting types care to provide its useful attributes on this little joiney of ours?
Na'al shows his wand of endure elements to the group

The Exchange

Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

Lannior claps Na'al on the back, More protection seems prudent. Looks like we are teamed together, I'm Lannior Llarm, wanderer and follower of Desna. He says with a nod of the head at the others.

I suspect there some chance when we step through whatever portal, we'll join Desna in the stars. Seems like a great risk, but then again saving the world usually is.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Electra smiles at Na´al. "I can use the wand and will do so gladly!"

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Nit flits from cart to cart looking for someone that is able to work on his spear.

Upgrade Mwk Cold-iron spear to +1 Cold Iron spear for 2000 gp.

He grows nervous, excited, scared and overly curious all in a single emotion of going to the stars as he bounces all about, eager to go.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Nit If I remember right, Cold Iron has an additional 2000gp in order to make it magical.

The pathfinders continue to trade tibbits about themselves as the appointed hour draws near. The excitement, tension and worries of each member begins to show on the gathered members who have by now largely found themselves in teams.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

Lannior raises his voice above the din, Like I said time to save the world! Let's do this. And as one who likes to stay to the backlines he waits for Na'al to lead the charge.

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

That's fine then I will just make the purchase as a +1 Longspear for 2305 gp. After re-reading it Cold Iron does indeed have an extra 2k gold requirement for magical properties.

Nit gasps for a brief moment as the cold air rushes against him. "Elementals! and Dragons! There are so many of them" The gasp barely escapes his lips. How will they ever hold out against so many of them.

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

Na'al takes out his trusty flail and wonders why it always has to come to violence. Don't they understand that they would be much better off runnin' away when I shows them my prowess with Mercy my ever-lovin' flail.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

"I believe there may be a group of pathfinders in the desert that would love such a wand but I believe rockface has provided a potion of endure elements. So save your wand and drink the potion provided. Now as for our entry. I would suggest either the frontal assault or the fiery pockets. I do not care for the cold"

having played in standard. I believe we choose one of the three options and take that path. Or was it arrive on comet first and then choose path. Having taken the cold route before one of the other options would be my choice. Ymmv

Grand Lodge

Female human Bard 3 (CORE): HP 23 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3* | CMD 16 | Perc. +6 | Init. +6

Fleur comments "Wonder what the elementals are doing on the comet?"

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Na'al the Healer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Nitkiflink Stormfizz 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fleur Roseleaf 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Lannior Llarm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Arboreal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Electra Firemind 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Earth Mephit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Round 1
Electra
Nit
Arboreal

Earth Mep.
Na'al
Fleur
Lannior

Bold may act.
Knowledge (Planes) to identify creature.
Map is updated.
Slide 4.
You may also decide which path you'd like to take and discuss it here.

Approaching you at an amazingly high speed is a small creature. Small as it is, its ferocity in undenialable as it slams into another group and sends them all flying!!!!

Grand Lodge

Female human Bard 3 (CORE): HP 23 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3* | CMD 16 | Perc. +6 | Init. +6

k(planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 to identify creature.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Round 1
Electra
Nit
Arboreal

Earth Mep.
Na'al
Fleur
Lannior

Bold may act.
Knowledge (Planes) to identify creature.
Map is updated.
Slide 4.
You may also decide which path you'd like to take and discuss it here.

Fleur easily identifies the creature as an Earth Mephit.:

With its ability to fly, using its breath weapon filled with the very elements of earth to pummel foes into submission, it may well prove to be a tricky foe.
It also has other earth based powers such as summoning it own kind and changing the texture of the ground its foes are standing on.
Usually it has a an ability to heal quickly while underground but you strongly suspect that due the location, it has full use of such an ability.
It also tends to resist most non enchanted weapons.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

know planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Arboreal begins summoning a small friend full round cast summon monster 1 celestial eagle

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Seeing the mephit close Electra casts Ray of Enfeeblement via a wand.
RoF, RTA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
But the ray goes wide.

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Nit places a hand to his chest and utters an incantation underneath his breath.

A shimmering magical ward surrounds his body as it protects him.

Mage Armor.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Round 1
Electra
Nit
Arboreal
Earth Mep.
Na'al
Fleur
Lannior

Earth Elemental

Bold may act.
Knowledge (Planes) to identify creature.
Map is updated.
Slide 4.
You may also decide which path you'd like to take and discuss it here.

Avoiding the ray, The small creature gives a brief grin as if welcoming a friend as rocks begin to gather in a roughly humanoid shape. This newly arrived foe comes with fist large and strong enough to break bones!

Meanwhile the Mephit draws in a large breath and hammers Na'hal and Arboreal with a hail of pebbles!
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4 Reflex 13 for Half

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
concentration: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 3 + 2 = 24

Arboreal turns to avoid the worst of the pebbles and also maintains his concentration on his spell. He looks over at Nit and thinks I should have done that.

Current hip 28

Grand Lodge

Female human Bard 3 (CORE): HP 23 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3* | CMD 16 | Perc. +6 | Init. +6

Fleur begins a bardic song as she moves and draws her bow, "The Earth Mephit as you can see has the power to summons friends, but also he heals fast and is resistant to the blows of non magic weapons."

Bardic inspire courage, +1 to hit, damage, and resist fear saves.
1 of 17 rounds.

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Na'al takes a 5' step towards the creature and swings his flail
flail: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
flail damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
"Hey little one, dat is not playing nice"

The Exchange

Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

With a clear shot at the Earth Elemental, Lannior draws his bow, notches an arrow and lets fly. He then takes a step to his left to make sure the the beast doesn't have a clear charge lane to him.

Longbow + Inspire Courage + Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........

Round 2
Electra
Nit: Mage Armor
Arboreal
HP:28/30
Earth Mep.
Na'al HP: 17/35
Fleur
Lannior
Earth Elemental
Party Buffs: Bardic inspire courage, +1 to hit, damage, and resist fear saves.

Bold may act.
Knowledge (Planes) to identify creature.
Map is updated.
Slide 4.
You may also decide which path you'd like to take and discuss it here.

Na'al's flail knocks the Mephit around straight into the path of Lannior's precisely aimed shot! It would have spelt doom for all watching but somehow, Lannior's arrow has less effect then the dangerous half orc's flail! Fleur's song somehow makes uses of the sounds of combat into an upbeat ditty.

Meanwhile the latest combatant glides along the rocky surface and goes for the closest foe it can reach which turns out to be Na'al once more!
Slam 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

CORE Gnome (3.0A) Sorc/Pal | HP 25/25 | AC 15; T11; FF11 | F +8; R +3; W +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | INIT +6
Consumables:
Spells (1) 3/4 | Claws 6/6 | Smite 1/1 | LoH (1d6) 4/4 | Wand of CLW 49/50

Nit rushes along the asteroid's surface, drawing his new magical spear and stabs at the Mephit before it can do much more damage.

+1 Longspear; PA; Inspire: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

Arboreal completes his spell and summons a celestial eagle to attack the elemental

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

bite: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He then takes out his club and tries to assist Nal in his attempts to hit the mephit
club aid another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

I have remembered you can't flank elementals +2 on Nals next attempt to hit the mephit away from computer so red pentagon indicates summon for now

The Exchange

Elf Ranger Lvl 3 (Core) HP 25/25 | AC 18 (FF 15 Touch 13) CMD 19| Init +5| Saves (Fort +4 ,Reflex +6,Will +3)| Per +9, SenMot +1| Spd 30' Effects Active: None | Low-Light Vision | Favored Enemy: Humans | Favored Terrain: Urban

@GM - I was targeting the Earth Elemental, not the Mephit, unless I couldn't target the Elemental. Just let me know.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10 (storm burst 0/6 Acid Darts 1/6) Half elf AC 16, T 12, FF 14 Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments hp 29/30
Eagle:
AC14 T13 FF12 Fort+5 Ref +4 Will+2 Hp 7
Conjurer 1 Druid 3

did forget the inspire courage on the eagles attack


"Doom Girl" Online VL // Upcoming PbP EventsPbP Gameday Signups // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

GM Hmm here, acting in proxy for Nightdeath, who cannot get on. We may have a backup GM come in for a bit today to keep you guys moving forward.
____

Nit attempts to stab the Mephit, but the darned creature is way too dodgy! Meanwhile, Arborial's Celestial Eagle, even with the Inspire Courage, gets in one good claw bite on the Elemental! Meanwhile, Arborial successfully aids Na's next attack.

ROUND 2
Electra
Nit: Mage Armor, Spear attack
Arboreal HP:28/30
Earth Mep. 10/19
Na'al HP: 17/35
Fleur
Lannior
Earth Elemental 19/34
Party Buffs: Bardic inspire courage, +1 to hit, damage, and resist fear saves.

Electra is still up!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ungrounded but Unbroken Tactical and Handouts GM 5

GM Hmm has asked me to step in for a little bit

Given the amount of time, I am going to bot Electra, and get folks moving.
Electra, having seen that the agile mephit dodged here spell, pulls out her wand of magic missile to blast it.
MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It grumbles "saada mulle külge, siis raie lollpea" to the earth elemental as it slashes into the lightly armored elf next to him. Both of it claws barely hit the agile Arboreal.

Terran:
"get me a flank, you lumbering oaf!"

rolls:

claw vs AC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 claw damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claw vs AC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 claw damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

ROUND 2
Electra: Magic Missile
Nit: Mage Armor, Spear attack
Arboreal HP:21/30
Earth Mep. 10/19
Na'al HP: 17/35
Fleur
Lannior
Earth Elemental 19/34
Party Buffs: Bardic inspire courage, +1 to hit, damage, and resist fear saves.
Na'al, Fleur, and Lannior are up!

I will keep an eye on things, so push as hard as you want.
Also, if your turn isn't up yet, feel free to spoiler an action, which I will adjudicate when your turn comes up.

The Exchange

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception +0 AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 20 hp 35/35 Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1; +1 vs. fear

Na'al swings into action against the mephit
flail: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 = 27
flail damage: 1d10 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
"Take dat ya little runt"
I hope I don't take anudder hit like dat last one

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Thanks for botting me, would habe done the same. It is very very hard for me to post! Site is wonky!

1 to 50 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cosmic Captive PbP Gameday June 9th-July 21st All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.