Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Corsario's Ire of the Storm

Game Master Corsario

After the heroes arrive in the Sargavan colony of Pridon’s Hearth, the sheriff sends them to check on the local fort. Before the heroes can follow up on the violence discovered there, they must help prepare the town for an unexpected storm.
Fort Breakthrough Map


51 to 100 of 506 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

How many rations?


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7
Corsario wrote:
The only issue is that you have 100g BETWEEN ALL OF YOU.

That certainly makes more sense. As written I took it that each of us had 100 gold.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Gundar notices the tattoos. Ah! Iomedae the Inheritor! Gundar tries to remember some of the Acts of Iomedae to impress the Sheriff - that is until he hears her response to Damiel.

We'd be happy to find out about yer silent outpost! Gundar already starts to figure out how much ale he can buy with his share of the loot!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Seems word come out of you having money, as soon enough you are faced with half a dozen merchants trying to peddle their wares.
- One offers you a goat for 2 GP, so you can "eat fresh while traveling".
- A woman, poor for the look of her clothes, offers you a sack of traditional Mwangi food (it would be like 2 rations). Ojore can tell you it smells good, and it is filling and tasty. She asks for "Half a gold." with a trembling voice and pleading eyes. Yes it is more than it should be worth.
- An old woman, Chelaxian by her complexion, offers you a house in rent. "That way you will have a place to store your items, and rest properly". The house looks clean and comfortable, and she asks for 5 GP a month, with 2 months pay in advance. You guess if you don't return she will pocket the advance, and any things you leave behind.
- You are offered trail rations from several merchants. Most of them asks for twice the cost. And the ones that doesn't seems to be offering old ones.
- You are also offered all kinds of simple weapons. One merchant offers you a cold iron light mace, 15 GP. Another shows you a "authentic silver plated dagger, used to kill a weretiger a generation ago", for 50 GP. You believe the "a generation ago" part, but are not so sure about the "silver plated" part.
- A shady merchant offers you "violet orchid" poison, 3 doses, 75 GP. He says it causes dumbfounding pain as effect.
- You are also offered light armors and all kinds of shields at 50% extra cost. Even a Masterwork Heavy Wooden Shield, with a nice motif in the front. There is a very nice Chain shirt on sale, and it is even offered at "just" 100 GP when you say you have not enough gold.
- An old woman offers you a cream to repel insects (1 gp for several jars, enough for your journey, 2 sp each for 1 person a couple of days), Another cream to prevent sunburn (same price). She also has spices for food (5 sp) and finally a resin ball she says you can put in the campfire to prevent "vermin" from approaching and bite you during the night (1 GP for 2). She promise your money back if any of her wares don't work as promised.
- The biggest store in town lets you know they have a fully stocked healing kit in good condition, 60 GP.
- There are also offer of simple adventuring items, normal price.
Finally, a couple native Mwangi offers their service as porters, 1 sp day each, plus food.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Godwyn, moved by apparent plight, will buy the sack of traditional Mwangi food from the old woman. He will offer her another half a gold if she can get them another sack for the road. He will also buy a backpack, with a bedroll and blanket.

GM, how long will this trip reasonably take us and how many trail rations are needed?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

You think 1 day to get there should be enough, and one day to get back. Of course, you are not sure, and climate and other unexpected problems can make you take longer.
The woman takes the money from Godwyn, and with a tear in her eye promises him to have another sack "at dawn the next day" so you can take it on your trip.
People looks at Godwyn funny when he asks for a blanket and bedroll.
"You won't be able to sleep with all that clothes on you."
They offer a tent for 10 GP, "guaranteed to keep the flies out". 3 people fit inside, maximum and not comfortably. 2 people recommended.
2 GP for the backpack, 1 GP for the woman's sacks of food. 97 GP remaining.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"I think the bug repellent is a good idea. " and he will spend the 1 gp for that and then on the 2 resin balls for the fire.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Don't forget to write it down in your aliases. 94 GP remaining.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Gundar's eyes widen as the merchant shows him the Healing Kit. Knowing that would deplete most of their funds, Gundar politely refuses. Maybe after I have a few more gold to my name, I'll be back! He says.

As they pass by the tent, Gundar asks, Should we see if they have two? He then asks Ojore, Do you recommend a tent? Gundar says as he thinks about the nighttime creepy-crawleys.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Ojore knows they are not cheap, but they could be handy, if you can stand the night heat.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Makes you hot. We travel one day only unless we get lost. I think we will sleep at this fort after we explore it. Then we travel back the next day, yes? Good to buy protection from insects though, if it works. He looks to the vendor and threatens If it does not work I shall send the biting ants into your home. He smiles knowingly at Godwyn when the man buys the food. I like that one. he thinks.

Ojore will buy some food to supplement his hunting and foraging and save the rest.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

What will Ojore buy? Rations? Cheap or expensive ones?


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

His coin purse feeling light, and his belly full, Gundar is ready to hit the trail in the hopes that they reach the outpost before nightfall and before the creepy-crawlers come out. Is everyone ready? Gundar asks his companions.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"Yep.Ready to go. "


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7
Corsario wrote:
What will Ojore buy? Rations? Cheap or expensive ones?

Cheap if they are not too spoiled. He plans to live off the land but wants to be able to supplement if needed. Only going to be gone 2 days, at least per the plan. Ojore can Create Water and Purify Food and Drink if needed too. He would have bought the food from the poor woman but was beaten to it.

First day Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Survival:

DC 10 - Get along in the wild. Move up to half your overland speed while hunting and foraging (no food or water supplies needed). You can provide food and water for one other person for every 2 points by which your check result exceeds 10.
DC 15 - Keep from getting lost or avoid natural hazards, such as quicksand.
DC 15 - Predict the weather up to 24 hours in advance. For every 5 points by which your Survival check result exceeds 15, you can predict the weather for one additional day in advance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Ok, Ojore will buy 2 "old" trail rations for 1 gp (93 GP remaining). With Purify Food and Water he can make them as good as new.
You leave early in the morning, it is an overcast day (which is good, as not face too much sun) and you make good progress on the trail leaving town towards the outlying farms, filled with strange fruits and vegetables, much different of those in other parts of the world.
Even on this day the heat and humidity makes you sweat, and you stop at several streams and farms to drink some water, which, so far, it's plentiful.
After lunch (please discount 1 trail ration each, so change to forage yet) you clear the last farms, and go into the jungle, following a less used trail leading to the fort.
DM Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Perception Check DC 20:
A noise... Back... You are being followed.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Focusing on the trail ahead Ojore points to a muddy spot on the path and says quietly Someone follows us. Be ready


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Lost in his thoughts, Flavius is somewhat startled by the warning but he gets his hand on his belt near his whip handle.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

No surprise round for you! Whomever you are

Godwyn nodded to Ojore. "Aye, rough going up ahead. Best keep our eyes on the road!" As he said this he took his axe and swung it at some foliage in front of him, loosening his muscles as he did so.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Gundar is pleased at the progress the group is making. We should be at the outpost in no time! He thinks to himself. He is about to whistle a tune, when he hears a noise..coming from behind? He nods to the others. Heard it too. he whispers as he grips his hammer just a little bit tighter.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

No surprise indeed, with hand signals you decide there are 5 or 6 people following. Bandits, probably.
The overcast sky gets more dark, and some drops start to hit the foliage.
You are still some 2 or 3 hours from the fort, with 4 or 5 hours of light. But with the rain...
Do you press on? Prepare an ambush for your pursuers? Make a surprise dash forward? Look for a place to wait for the rain to pass?


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Godwyn walked over towards Gundar and whispered to the group "They're probably bandits, but they might be from the fort. I think we should turn to face them, as if they mean us harm they'll attack us before we reach the fort."


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"Might as well have it out on our terms. We could try an ambush. " he whispers back.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

I agree. Let's ambush 'em. I don't like things behind me that might do me harm!

Stealth Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

"Alright...but don't attack until we know who they are."

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Ojore, already in the lead never breaks stride and looks for an ambush spot.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Between you all find a place good enough to hide, and attack (if you want) by surprise.
Ojore's Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Enemies perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Damn!
A group of 5 bad looking people approach, as stealthy as they are able, daggers, clubs and short swords ready (some 30' away from you).

Perception Check DC 15:
One of them is the drunkard Gundar knocked out the day before.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Ojore does not notice the same troublemaker is with them. But he knows trouble when he sees it and is direct with his approach to it. Casting Shellelagh on his club as he stands he calls out Its a fight you want, that is plain enough. So come on, those of you who are not cowards.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

You can still "act" before Ojore's challenge.
The bandits seem very surprised, but recover quickly. The one that seems the leader (with the shortsword) smiles cruelly.
"No need to fight. We only want some coin. And we will let you pass on our lands unmolested. You refuse, we beat you up AND take your coin."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Gundar notices Theos Votto among the rough looking men. After Ojore issues his warning, Gundar will add looking at Votto, We've met before and I seems ta remember knocking ye out. I wasn't trying to hurt ye then, do ya really want to face me when I do?

Intimidate: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"Is your life really worth some coin? Just leave us be. " Flavius calls from the brush.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Leave. Now. You have brought with you, what? Daggers? Clubs? Short swords? My AXE is bigger than most of you are tall. This isn't some dockside brawl. If you insist on making this mistake, we will leave your bodies to rot in the jungle."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Waiting for Ojore. Damiel, are you there?


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Was waiting for their reactions to the intimidate. Also none of my games are showing updates in the summary page. Anyone else having that issue?

Pulling the club from his belt Ojore steps 5' forward and stands ready to attack any who approach.

Readied Action:

Shillelagh: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 172d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + 1 = 10


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

Yep, I'm getting no updates in campaigns. Makes running games very interesting.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Yup, having that issue as well. Quite frustrating.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Theos takes a step back from Gundar, but it is Godwyn threat the one that makes him, and other of the bandits, run away, back to town.
The leader of the bandits, flanked by the remaining two of his minions, speaks in a now not so secure voice.
"We will let you leave... this time. But you will have to come back, and we will be waiting for our payment when you do. In gold, or in blood."
He takes a couple steps back, and signals you to continue your journey.

Sense Motive DC 12:
Probably if you make "Boo!" at him he and his minions will run away scared.

I hope they fix the issue soon.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
"Thats the last we will see of them. Come. Let's push on to the fort before the rain really starts coming down."


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"I hope so. Seems to me that robbing people who are dirt poor like us is pretty dumb. Let's get moving. "


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Back in town....
"Three days rations please, the good ones, and a waterskin." Damiel says to the merchant, and he purchases it out of the party funds.

He then goes to another merchant, and buys a ruck (backpack) out of his personal funds.

Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damiel grins at the cowardice of the men, and their retreat from the more warlike of the group.

"Well, on our way back we will need to be careful as they seem to be the bully type, but good show Godwyn, Flavius and Gundar." he says, and moves into the center of the group, and keeps his eyes out for anymore trouble.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

I should have conked that one a little harder! Gundar says as Votto runs away. Looking at the sky, he continues, That sky doesn't look good. We should be on our way before the rain really comes.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

89 GP remaining. Yes, you are rich.
You keep advancing, but less than half hour passes before a heavy rain starts, making the advance really hard.
You are still some 2 hours from the fort, in ideal conditions, but now it will take you most of the 4 or so hours of light remaining if the storm continues and you press on. And it will be dangerous. Or you can look for shelter and wait for the storm to pass.
In any case you will need a Survival Check.
So, do you press on, or look for shelter and wait for the storm to pass?

Ojore:
These storms tend to be very violent, but short.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"I think we need to find a place to hole up. If we wander off trail in the storm and into the jungle, we could get into a lot of trouble. "

survival to assist Ojore
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 nevermind


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

"Unlike my people, I am a city boy. What ever you think is best Ojore is ok with me."


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Godwyn nodded at the news and immediately began looking for shelter. He had done so many times before while leading his herd through the jungle, so when he looked about he did so with an experienced eye.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Godwyn find an outcrop that can provide some nice shelter from the worst of the rain and wind.


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

After Godwyn points out the outcrop, and the group settles under it to wait out the storm, Damiel comments, "how do you folks stand this. A nice tavern with wine, some good jokes, and a warm fire. That is the life, not this getting wet all over" and he sighs just a bit, while trying to keep the rain off himself.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"I'm not here by choice. I'm just making the best of it. " he huddles with the rest out of the driving rain.

"I can't imagine we'll get a fire going in this mess. "

51 to 100 of 506 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Corsario's Ire of the Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.