Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Conquest of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master SinBlade06

An Evil campaign from the mind of the Nameless GM


51 to 100 of 1,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

There is no one looking at Crystal.

The wagon is parked behind the Fleeting Quail in the middle of the town of Rivenmane.

Rivenmane is the center of commerce in the Gray Kingdom, but even so, it is not that large a town. The Fleeting Quail is a fairly large tavern, complete with Inn services, including a bank, a brothel, and a bar, of course.

There is a note on the back of the wagon.

Note:
If you haven't gone into the Quail, go and retrieve your payment from your last job as well as your new mission orders. Good luck.

I need Perception checks from everyone. Your newest perceptions don't apply unless you want them to.


Female Sylph Witch 9

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

[dice(=whatever)]1d20+(5)[/dice]

Hi, sayeth the resident n00b, i hope to be insanely creepy...


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

what did i do wrong?


Female Sylph Witch 9

It is the parenthasis around the five [ dice=Stealth] 1d20+5 [/ dice] without the spaces is what is should be. Takes some time to get the stuff down.


To type in this blue text, which is considered "Out of Character" or "ooc" for short, simply type "[ooc]" at the beginning of your text, and "[ /ooc]" at the end without the spaces or quotations. There is a button below the box you type in that says "How to format your text" click that and it will tell you everything you need to know.

One more thing, this is the Gameplay Thread. If you have questions or comments, put them in the Discussion thread instead.

Sczarni

Female Elf

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Greetings
Ian Moone is quietly sitting in a corner table of the Fleeting Quial, facing the door. He sits alone, and the other patrons seem to unwittingly give hive space. He seems unassuming (5'10", black hair, dull green eyes the color of old bills), though odd somehow. He seems to be wathcing the room, and staring contemplatively between to attractive women.


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"You're lucky I don't slam your head into the ground." Ybewyr says to Crystal when she says grow a pair.


Male Snake Assassin

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 perception for ju Sir...I suggest you leave the sneaking to the professional...I can tell by the very way you move and attempt to hide that you have not had...a considerable amount of practice to be able to hide from so many trained eyes. Now tell us who you are or Goliath here will rip you limb from limb.


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Slowly smile Simply sir, I am no one.


Female Sylph Witch 9

A tingling feeling seems to come over her from the window of the Fleeting Quail. "Geez I hate that feeling...some creeper is watching us through the window. Maybe we should approach him once we enter the bar." Crystal says between gritted teeth as she ignores the comment made by the brute.


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Having paid at the arrival of the drink, Ian leaves the inn, walking around to the window My my, you people are... smiles again Interesting...His voice is somewhat lulling, soft.


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

Pot calling the kettle black... Ybewyr thinks as Moone talks to him.


Male Snake Assassin

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 sorry that should be a 38 because im in my favorite terrain now >: 3 He kinda...hops out of the back of the wagon that is not facing the building and kinda slips away from the party to try to find another way in other then the front door. He did not like front doors. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 perception to find another way inside the place


There's the backdoor or the window. Otherwise, you'd need to take the front door.


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13Because screw you, thats why :P


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10Who all do I see?


Female Sylph Witch 9

She watches the new commer carefully, a she just does not trust him. Leering at girls through the window, and just everything made me suspicious. " And how can we help you.?" She asks softly as she trails her hand across her mace.


Moone sees everyone but Salazar, who's slipped off to find a new way to enter the Fleeting Quail.


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Meets eyes unearingly, staring I am a simple man, I seek only entertainment. You all happen to have caught my eye. You seem to be up to something...entertaining. The same lulling voice, somewhat excited.


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

"You keep using that word, but I doubt you know what it means. Especially around these people."


Female Sylph Witch 9

She glares at Ybewyr before speaking, "You seem to think that my profession is all that I think about...you would be surprised how little I actually work since I was paid well for the few times it happened."


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

Ybewyr snarles at Crystal and says "You seem to forget what some of the first words out of your mouth were when you saw me."


Male Snake Assassin

Does not hear any of this as he slips in the back door


Female Sylph Witch 9

"I say what I want to get what I want. Does not mean I will follow throught with what I say."


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

"Oh really now?"


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

"You do not belong in this conversation. Stay out of it." Ybewyr says to Moone.


Female Elf Cleric 5/Rouge 1

My wagon looks like and old gypsies wagon. Its painted in blues and purples.

Hearing the commotion from inside the wagon Taldra sticks her head out the door on the wagon. "My new friend maybe this elven gentleman came looking for a little bit of companionship for a short time. After all I did hear the word entertainment." Taldra replies as she steps out rest of the way. She is wearing a simple dress made of cotton. Her dress is a dark purple color, almost that of her eyes. Her white hair is hanging loosely around her shoulders."Might I introduce myself, I am Mistress Taldra Torviir, and the are my traveling companions." Taldra curtsies to the new comer making sure he gets a VERY good look at her breasts.


Female Sylph Witch 9

After Taldra leaves the wagon she enters searching through the dresses that Taldra owns finding one that fits her liking. She finds a dress pulling it over her leather armor. She fixes looks in the mirror in the room fixing her hair making to look most tussled and seductive. She then steps back out leaning on the door. "Think this will get us into the Golden Rule?"


Salazar is able to slip into the back room of the Quail unnoticed, mainly because no one is looking for him.

In the back room is a fairly small chest, obviously for the team as it has the Raven's symbol on the lock A black bird with an arrow in its beak. It's not too heavy, but there are a few things inside it by the sound of it.

The back door which lead behind the Fleeting Quail is also in this room, as well as the door which leads to the main room of the Quail.


Male Snake Assassin

Due to this mans nature he opens the box to check the contents. He knows he may tell the others later so he just wanted to get his curiosity out of the way before hand.


Inside the chest is a note, a small portrait, a plain gold ring, and three sets of gentleman's clothing. One a dark green, one jet black, and one that has the idea of a hunter: dark, thick furs, a necklace of teeth, and thick hunting boots.


Male Snake Assassin

He closes the chest up and picks up the bloody thing and starts walking back outside through the way he came in, the back door. He walks back up to the Gypsy wagon and holds the small chest out for everyone to see. Behold. I bring you great tidings. And something of job required garments I donno... He walks past the new guy and the Drow heading to the back of the wagon to put it in there for safe keeping till they decide to get into the chest. careful now...I sence this man is...different...from others...call it experienced guess...


Female Elf Cleric 5/Rouge 1

Taldra casts detect magic on all of the items Salazar has in hands.


Female Sylph Witch 9

Crystal does as well as she looks at the ring the closest... "No one leaves just a gold ring." She murmurs.


The ring is magical, and it doesn't seem to have mal-intent.

Note:
My dear companions,

I morn for the loss of Gordon and Vi. They were good at what they did, and they will be missed. On to business.

Your target is the head of Court Entertainment in the Golden Rule. You will impersonate him and his entourage of performers and infiltrate Baron Malcom's party.

It is his second son's 21st birthday, and you know what that means. Booze, women, and lots of fun for all.

If you have some fun yourselves, that's just a bonus.

Your mission is to slay Baron Malcom's son. His name is Lorando, and I hear he has a thing for women that are over 100 years old. Something about "experience."

Make it private and leave a story about a man who was able to hit him with an arrow from across the roof.

Inside the chest is your suits for entering if you wish to blend into the crowd, a portrait of the man you will be impersonating, and a ring for Taldra. It will keep the guards from automatically throwing her out. You'll also find a few passports to let you into the Golden Rule, as you'll need them to even consider entering the Rule.

By now you've met your three newest companions. Ian Moone, a summoner with an eidolon for a suit, Ybewyr, a monster of a man and good with his hands, and Crystal Lehar, a changeling that has a knack for finding the right kind of magic.

Please, try to get along. I don't want to have to bury another body.

You'll also find the payment of your last mission, as well as a little more for incentive to continue working for me.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Signed,
Raven of Blackmoor.

The portrait is of a Man that has a long, well trimmed beard, strong eyes, and a neck that says he has the muscle of a bull.


Female Sylph Witch 9

Crystal looks at the picture with a small smirk before speaking, "Sounds easy enough." She then tries to find out what type of magic it is.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Aww, all these interesting people and all I'm showing is dull, quiet me, let me move to match... Promptly sits on the ground and begins the ritual for summoning my eidolon


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Ian seems to draw in the light of the area. his hands seem to project it back, to eerily glow. His skin begins to lighten, severely.Within all this, his skin begins to crawl, to visibly stretch and shape. This display begins to resolve, leaving an eerily lanky, slender creature with pale alabaster skin. His face seems a manequin, a flat mask with no obvious mouth or nose, only the suggestion of such. The only visible eyes are dark slits, cracks in the flat porcelain of his face. He stands slowly, and looks around. An eerie aura of unease spreads from him. His mask of a face suggests a smile, and he states, in a voice almost a whisper, Hello


Female Elf Cleric 5/Rouge 1

Spell Craft on the ring 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Salazar I'm sure we can using some of the things I have to make you look like that man in the portrait. Come Let's get to work."

Disguise Salazar 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Now that I have given that my name and 'shown my hand' so to speak, might I learn your names as well?


Female Sylph Witch 9

"One question Taldra how are we gonna sneak Mr. Tall and Slender in?" She asks as she gestures to Moone as he is now combined with his summon.


Male Human Barbarian 3 Druid 2

"I am Ybewyr, the nature's wrath."


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

If it would help, I could send him away, though I am loath to do so if unnecessary.


Male Snake Assassin

well...that's unnatural... The slightly golden tented skinned man thought he was a rare breed of race up until now as he has never seen something like this before and did not quite understand how this could happen. His lack of knowledge outside of murder finally is coming back to haunt him. He takes the picture and nods at Taldra and works with her to get to looking like him. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 I just realized my disguise is not nearly as good as I previously thought it was. I must fix this later...


Female Elf Cleric 5/Rouge 1

"Well he's elven and very attractive so I dont see why he can't just walk in with us." Taldra says with a smile


Male Half-elf Level 8 Bard(Sound Striker)

Perhaps something less monstrous than us would suffice. Good Night. The last is whispered in his regular voice. The pale white skins seems to bloom and shift, falling away and sweeping off like so much mist, leaving the half-elf, standing in a seemingly diminished stature. I might even be able to aid in an performances necessary. He taps the case, which is slung on the underside of his backpack by straps from the underside.


Female Sylph Witch 9

She sighs , "Very true...I supposed." Although he looks kinda like a pretty boy to me when not like that. She thinks to herself as she mutters something to herself as she casts a spell, Prestidigitation, her eyes changing from one yellow and one blue to both a robin egg blue. "anything else that should be done before we head off? I can aid in the entertainment as well with my magic." She asks to the party.


The ring is a Ring of Chameleon Power.

We'll call Salazar's roll an Aid Another roll. It didn't hamper, but it didn't help either.

After about 5 minutes of work, Salazar looks like the man in the picture. There's just one problem:

Salazar looks like the picture, and the strength of 10 men are in his shoulders and neck. The rest of his body looks....well...puny compared. Out of proportion. The only guard you'll convince is a blind one.

51 to 100 of 1,070 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Conquest of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.