Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


401 to 450 of 1,622 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

[B]"Agreed. By the way, am I also reversed? I feel no different than before."[b]

To the north!


Aldous Mor'esti wrote:

"That hardly seems like a sane way to utilize teleportation magic. The potential side effects and problems could prove disastrous. These Pharasmins should stick to healing, praying, and burying the dead. The true arcane arts seemingly lie beyond their ken entirely."

Would Knowledge(Arcana) be applicable. Any chance Aldous would have heard/read about such an effect, whether intended or not?

"since I don't know much about magic or history, but It could have been an earlier method, maybe even an experimental version."


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth gets a hold of herself and moves to the front of the group for more exploration


Aldous, you've never heard of such magic before.

Moving past the set of doubles doors, the group moves north down the hallway. Again, they come to a fork in the path. To the left, lies a door emblazoned with a strange seven-pointed star. To the right, a single door.

Random Check:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Updated Map


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Andrea examines the door to the left. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

We should have someone up there to spot the traps for Andrea since her PER is so low. :)


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


male Halfling Oracle 3

Psst, Andrea. Your name is Elizabeth. ;)

I don't have a preference for which direction. But as always, I will cast Guidance and Virtue on everybody before opening the door.

It takes Gunder a moment to realize that even his lame leg is on the wrong side now. Apparently this wasn't a problem at first. But once he becomes consciously aware of it, he has some trouble not tripping over his own feet.

After getting his feet sorted out, he notices the door with the seven pointed star on it that Elizabeth and that Tina are already inspecting it.
"That symbol there ... looks familiar. But I don't quite remember where I've seen it before."
I think I know what it is. But I don't think my character would - given that he has zero knowledge skills. I wish Gunder had spent more time reading books and less time snooping around the city when he was a kid.

Perception (to help Elizabeth spotting traps): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Those rolls oughta do it. My PER is +8 if we need to peer at something. Huh, why did I think that trapfinding involved extra skillz?

"Seven points. Well, again, I am lost with these Avistani religions," says Garuneh with a smile. "We seem to have survived so far with our blundering."


male Halfling Oracle 3

There's Trapfinding (Rogue class feature), but thats only strictly required for magical traps.

"Yes we have.", Gunder smiles back at Garuneh.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"We'll have the bards and storytellers edit it later to make us look better," returns Garuneh, grinning.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Like when we slew that darkmantle with one strike. Or was it seven darkmantles with one strike?"


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth is so rattled that she is forgetting her own name now.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Lads, there never was a good story told that couldn't use a bit of creative embellishment. I spent some time in Almas once and while I was there I managed to weave a tale so fine that the citizens all tried to elect me to office! That was a right joke there, I say. Goes to shows what a good story can do for you though."


waiting on perception check results


male Halfling Oracle 3

Sense Motive +Guidance (on Durnfolf's yarn): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

nothing to see here folks.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
"Don't look so incredulous, boy. Town drunk is a legitimate public office."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"One would most likely be "appointed" to such an illustrious position, no, Ser Banderswel? It does seem an office which would suit you quite well." Aldous gives the Wolf-Knight a sly wink. "Perhaps you would care to return, after our foray through this place, to wage a campaign again? I daresay we could find some sot to "run" 'gainst you."

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Aye, Aldous, looks like you've volunteered yourself, lad! But I'd daresay I'll win; you might want some backup."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Would be quite the opportunity, no? And yet another reason to acquire so dwarf friends. Perhaps a dwarf lass or two..." Aldous raises an eyebrow at the thought. "That would assist with seeing in the dark, as well."


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth decides to see if she can open the doors if no traps are located. To save time, she pulls out her picks and takes 10 if it is locked. If that doesn't work, she takes 20.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh is amused and confused by Aldous and Durnolf's banter. "I feel like such an aesthete compared to you rollicking Avistanis. Do you really elect town drunkards? I fear many abstain from alcohol in the area where I was raised, although we have a drink known as bhang which is quite potent. And dwarven lasses? Do they not have beards? I say this not out of prejudice. After all, I did meet a half-orc dancer in the Empire of Kelesh..." Garuneh remembers where he is and stops, somewhat embarrassed.


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Oh come on now, we are all friends here. Plus this is Kaer Maga, we have soothsaying trolls, zombie hookers, a family of crooks who make golems and dozens of others all running around. Having a Lord Town Drunk is small beans.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder raises an eyebrow on Elizabeth badmouthing her own family.


Neither door appears to be trapped, though the seven-pointed-star door is clearly locked and is beyond the means of Elizabeth to pick. It would also take an incredible amount of time to knock down or open.

The other door, however, isn't locked or trapped and opens with a push.

A thirty-foot-diameter pit fills this circular room, its bottom lost in darkness. The ceiling arches twenty feet above the pit, which is encircled by a narrow, five-foot-wide walkway. A door stands in the opposite wall of the room, across the pit.

Random Check: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Perception Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Elizabeth, Garuneh and Aldous:

You manage to spot a door hidden in the round walls of the room to the north.

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Just a bit of friendly banter, Garuneh. Ser Banderswel would make a splendid Lord Besotted, would you not say?" Aldous keeps his eyes peeled for danger as he teases the Vudrani. "And dwarves not only see in the dark, they possess a natural proclivity towards both enjoying a good drink as well as resistance against its damaging effects. Besides, true beauty comes from within, no?"

After spotting the pit and secret door to the north, "Perhaps this is the pit that snake-person spoke of before? Which leads to the necromancer and his undead minions?" Aldous casts dancing lights at the "surface level" of the pit and cautiously peers down below. "Did anyone else spot that hidden door in the wall to the north? Perhaps we should investigate that way first."

To Elizabeth, in a whisper: "Crooks? Did you have a falling out with your kin, perhaps? Is there something I could do to assist you with that?"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I see it," Garuneh says quietly. "We should investigate."

He casts Light on his scythe and makes ready to move.

"And yes, Banderswel, you have my vote," he says with a wink. "Indeed, beauty is within, although best complimented from without."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Someone should put on ye olde cloak!

"This fictitious dwarven lady, they ought to be a cleric, in order to aid us with the undead hordes we are to face..."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Horde?" Aldous pales slightly at the idea of thousands upon thousands of skeletal warriors, led by a cloaked master. "I don't recall anything being said about hordes. Perhaps we should remain very very stealthy from here on out..."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Aye, and she should enjoy long walks on the beach, sunsets, and a good romp in the hay, right?"


"Let's focus on the task at hand. please."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Banter takes the edge off, lass. Builds cameraderie. And it's more fun if you join in."

All the cool kids are doing it :p


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth leans over to AldousThere are numerous problems I have with them. Although you risk having your head pressed under a golem's foot or all your fingers removed if you cross them, those are two of the problems I have with them. As well as having to be a woman in a chauvanistic crime gang who won't let me practice the family trade.

Elizabeth points at the door. I do agree with Tina, let us get back to buisness. I will check out the door ELizabeth with sneak over and examine the hidden door.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

How much time has elapsed? When do we happy few return to base camp to recharge? Just wondering.

"You would hate Vudra, Elizabeth," says Garuneh in all seriousness.


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Just one more roooommm! ;)


You've been down for about an hour. If you want to go recharge, you're more than welcome.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

famous last words, Elizabeth...

I am full on spells, only have expended arrows & cantrips thus far.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I've wasted a few spells in le darkness...I'll just use scythe and Surge and we're good. Don't want to wimp out!


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Looks like three of us are all ready to go.


The door is locked and will require a lockpicking check.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder is looking down the pit sceptically. "I really hope that when Yrex said 'beyond the pit' that she meant 'beyond the door behind the pit' - and not 'down through the pit'. We didn't bring rope, did we?"

I only spent 2 first level spells so far. Still 3 left. So I'm good to go on. (Although my halfling self wouldn't mind to go back to the base camp for a snack)


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Time for elevensies?


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth gets to work

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

So 18 with the guidance


male Halfling Oracle 3

Yeah. But then again, its always time for a meal. Oh, and before I forget: Guidance and Virtue before opening the door.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Darkmantle, I hear you have to just lightly sauté it with butter.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

I don't think I'm going to run out of hammer swings anytime soon, but I'm always up for elevensies.


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Que?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Careful, too much talk in a foreign language will get the thread shut down. ;)


male Halfling Oracle 3

Yummy. Darkmantle sounds delicious. Do we have butter and a frying pan in the base camp?


Female Human Wizard 3 HP 13/20|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

We can saute it in crushed spider juice.


Elizabeth tinkers with the lock and hears the tumblers click open. It's an old lock, but its design - like much of the Ossuary - is quite advanced and pushes her skill to pick it. Once the door is open, you see a small closet, only about 5-feet square.

As you shine your lights in the room, there is a glint of reflection and a blur of metal.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The blow lands on the unsuspecting Elizabeth (take 7 damage). In addition to the pain from the attack, she feels the slow burn of poison moving through her body.

Elizabeth Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Take 1 Constitution damage.

You see what bit you - a creature resembling a small, metallic cobra. Its body is made of overlapping iron plates, and its eyes are pinpoints of red light.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Snake - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Round 1
Init: Snake, Tina, Aldous, Garuneh, Elizabeth, Durnolf, Gunder.

The snake, seeing its prey bleeding and hurt, lashes out again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The blow lands true and Elizabeth falls to the ground. The snake coils and prepares for the next foe to get close enough to attack.

Elizabeth is at -5 HP. Please make a Con check on your turn to stabilize.

Updated Map

Quick note about the map - you'll notice that you're all spread out in a line. The ledge around the pit is 5' wide, only allowing for a single-file formation.

401 to 450 of 1,622 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.