Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


301 to 350 of 1,622 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

"I hope what ever is in here, is not like Master Happosai I heard about from my master."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Again with the darkness and these horrible creatures. We may want to consider hiring on a dwarf, solely to mark targets such as these." Aldous will move his dancing lights into the doorway, trying to find the edge of the darkness emanation. "Did everyone else hear that door being opened eastward?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth knocks an arrow. I heard that, bloody darkness. I don't think we should just run in there, perhaps walk back to the intersection and wait for the darkness to fade? If it is one of those beasts, we can be ready for it. Elizabeth holds her position.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I am in no mood to run headlong into darkness either. Let's try to skirt around the perimeter and follow at a reasonable pace," says Garuneh.


"Who has the light?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Andrea hands her sunrod to Tina. There you go.


"Thanks"
she cautiously enters the room
Do we see anything now?
"If what's in here acts like Happosai,
I have no problems giving it what it deserves."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Hush! Can anyone hear what is happening there?"
Do we hear anything else from the east? Like scuffling getting closer? Or scuffling geting away?
Perception (using up guidance bonus): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23

After listening for a moment, Gunder continues: So, are we going in or out? I don't want to loose you in the dark. And who is Happosai?"


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Sounds like some sort of horrible little lewd goblin. I shall defend you, my lady. Ruckus, hyah!"

Ruckus plunges forward, trying to sniff out the creature. If possible, both will attack.

Durnolf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d100 ⇒ 13
Ruckus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 5


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Don't worry Gunder, I won't leave you. Elizabeth chuckles. Elizabeth also listens Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

[ooc] Man A little backward that a rogue's class skill is tied to a stat that is no doubt lower.[/oob]


The darkness isn't penetrated by the spell or sunrod. Tina stumbles forward about 25' before running into a wall.

Gunder:

The sound is clearly coming from the east and is moving away from you.

Durnolf:

You burst forward, managing to breakthrough the darkness. You enter another room. There is a table along the north wall and a small cloaked creature to the south. Its pale, white arms reach for another door. It turns its face to you, but all you see is a bright white nose. The rest of the face is covered in a black hood.

Updated Map

The red area is the space covered in darkness. You can't actually see the others.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Why are we dashing headlong into darkness?" Aldous keeps his voice just short of whining, but follows the rest into the dark if the move along. Bow in hand, he keeps his ears out for more hidden beasts. "Ser Banderswel, are you okay? Call out so we can find you..."

Should be a double move with the blindness speed penalty. Tina, remember you can move full speed in the dark with blind-fight.


"Ouch"


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Knowledge:Local to identify this dude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Stop there lad and we can sort this out!"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh follows reluctantly, using the pole end of his scythe like a blind man's stick.

"This is a very strange game you Avistanis are playing, my friends..."


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth puts her hand on Aldous's shoulder and follows him in.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"It is moving away from us - further to the east. Maybe it is just afraid of us?"
Gunder follows the group in, as good as he can, carefully feeling his way forward along the corridor wall.

Did I hear how fast it is? Are we keeping up with its speed?

Also: casting Guidance on myself again.


???, Elizabeth, Aldous, Garuneh, Tina, Gunder, Durnolf.

Durnolf:

You don't recognize the fellow and he doesn't heed your warnings. He throws open the door and moves through it, too. He disappears around a corner in the hallway behind.

Updated Map

Aldous:

You emerge from the darkness, but you bump into Durnolf and Ruckus. You find yourself in a room with a table to the north and an open door to the south.

Updated Map

You can't actually see the four others in the other room, as they're still in the darkness.

Aldous moves through the darkness, and bumps into Durnolf. Elizabeth, who's following close behind, bumps into Aldous, but she is unable to see anything. Gunder and Garuneh quickly bump into the others.

Elizabeth, Tina, Gunder and Garuneh are still shrouded in darkness. Aldous and Durnolf have emerged from the darkness.


she'll move to her left and hope for the best.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Perhaps we startled a "resident" of this place. Are there any permanent workers or such that live here?" Aldous will again ready his bow, stepping to the far wall so as to get a clean shot on anyone coming through that door."Come through the darkness, so as not to be flanked."

Readying to shoot a foe if it appears in the doorway. Hopefully my voice will be sufficient for the others to slog out of the darkness in the right direction!


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

I hope we can get through this so I can find some dark seeing glasses

*Squeeze* Oh what is that? It is soft and round and..Sorry Tina
Andrea steps into the toom and to the left to let others in.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh heads towards Aldous, avoiding any groping adventurers.


"Please don't squeeze my a**, Elizabeth.
As I don't really like it."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"If you are done making friends with Tina, Elizabeth. I think we should go towards Aldous' voice. Sounds like he and Durnolf found something. After you, ladies!"

Gunder moves towards Aldous' voice, (hopefully) following the others into the light.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5
Aldous Mor'esti wrote:

"Perhaps we startled a "resident" of this place. Are there any permanent workers or such that live here?" Aldous will again ready his bow, stepping to the far wall so as to get a clean shot on anyone coming through that door."Come through the darkness, so as not to be flanked."

Readying to shoot a foe if it appears in the doorway. Hopefully my voice will be sufficient for the others to slog out of the darkness in the right direction!

I am rather doubtful since I have the feeling that the priests only come down to inter corpses and then leave. If there was staff here, I don't believe we would encounter monsters.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Besides, according to the priest 'nobody has been down here for years'. Maybe our little friend here knows a second way in."

Gunder turns to the thing (creature? person?) and tries to calm it down: "Its okay. We are not here to hurt you. Do you understand what we are saying? Do you need any assistance?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I believe it already split, Gunder...


male Halfling Oracle 3

Oops. Thanks for that info. I should have read the spoilers. Man, I don't want to let that natural 20 go to waste.

So by "turns to the thing and tries to calm it down", I did mean to say: Gunder shouts (in the most friendly and un-intimidating way one can shout) into the hallway (where the thing disappeared) that everything is all right and we just want to talk and/or help and that it should come back.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Mor'esti, did you see it? Could you tell what it was?" Garuneh calls out from the inky blackness, hoping he will exit soon.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Pardon me Aldous. Elizabeth steps into the room and out of the darkness.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"No, it had fled Ser Banderswel and Ruckus before I could view it. I believe Ser Banderswel may have gotten a look, though," Aldous casts a quizzical look towards the wolf riding halfling. "Regardless, be on the lookout."


"Oh, he's long gone," a voice whispers behind you. It appears to be coming from under the table. "Falk was never one for confrontation. Please, don't be alarmed. I am Yrex, an oracle of sorts. If you'll allow me, I can draw back the veil of mystery that cloaks the Godsmouth Ossuary, and reveal all the secrets of the Ancients."

As you take in the room you currently occupy, you discover that the theme of judgment in the afterlife is continued in the carvings on the walls of this room. A wide table stands along the north wall, draped with a heavy black cloth. A single candle burns in a tall, iron candlestick in the southwest corner, but the rest of the room is cloaked in shadows - as is the previous room you occupied, as it's still covered by the darkness spell.

In an effort to not waste the nat 20 rolled, Yrex appears to be helpful. Whatever he/she is.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Unveiling secrets and revealing mysteries? I would greatly like that, if you to trusted, strange voice from beneath the table." Aldous steps away from the table and ducks down to peer beneath.

"We mean you no harm, lest you attack us first."


she goes towards the sound of the voice
and gets into the room.

"I find it hard to trust someone when I can't see them face to face."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"We certainly allow you, Yrex, and thank you kindly. Please do enlighten us...if that is the proper word, considering the amount of darkness in this place."

Garuneh is gracious, but is ready to use Surge if Aldous is endangered.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth waits silently since Aldous and Gunder seem to have things well in hand.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

diplomacy, if needed
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (using guidance)


male Halfling Oracle 3

"By all means, Yrex. Tell us what secrets you know and are willing to share."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Perception (does Yrex sound like a person hiding under a table, or something else?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"I hope you don't mind us asking, but how did Falk and you get here? How long have you been here? We were told nobody had been down here in a long while. So we weren't expecting to find anybody alive."
You are alive, aren't you?


"I trussst that you speak the truth," the voice says. "You will not harm me."

Very slowly, a head appears to rise up from under the table, followed by a black-scaled, snake body. "Don't be alarmed by my appearance, I am simply one of the wormfolk," the creature says.

Knowledge Local 10:

Wyrmfolk is what most Kaer Magans call Naga. This doesn't look very much like most Nagas you've seen, however.

"Information is valuable, as I'm sure you know. I will sell it to you for a reasonable 1GP per question you ask. The first is free - there is a deep, deep pit north of here. It leads to the lower recesses of the Underdark, but only the foolish - or the powerful - dare descend into it. Now, how else may I enlighten you today?"

When bombarded with questions from Gunder, she says simply, "Place a coin on the table and I shall answer your queries."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Knowledge Local: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Tina will do sense motive to check if the snake is lying about anything.
Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder places two gold pieces on the table.

"I imagine business tends to be kind of slow down here, for someone selling information. Even for one GP per question. So my first question is this: Why did you set up your business here of all places? As for my second question: What do you know about the disappearance of bodies from the upper levels of the crypt?"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Excellent questions, Gunder...you are a mind reader." Garuneh grins and awaits Yrex's answers.


Yrex eyes the coins greedily before saying, "Yes...business is slow...didn't realize how slow it would be when I setup shop here. As for the second question...bodies, eh? No...wait...yes...there is a a human and his undead followers in this place. They live “beyond the Great Pit.” If bodies are missing - they are likely the ones who are responsible."

Random Check:

1d20 ⇒ 20

Tina:

Yrex seems completely credible and honest.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Thank you very much. And good luck with your business."

Turning to the group: "Does anyone else have any question? If not, might I suggest we inspect that pit to the north and the necromancer beyond it?"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Perhaps Yrex knows about the great riddle we encountered at the beginning of this crypt. It read: “My heart beats on the wrong side of my chest, or is it right? Is left right, or is it wrong? I don’t know what it means, or why.” Aldous pulls out a meager looking coin purse, jingling it thoughtfully, "Unfortunately, I only have 7 silver and some copper to hand. Do we think this a valuable enough question to spend further coin on?"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh places a gold coin on the table for Aldous' benefit, smiling.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

After Aldous has asked his question, Andrea puts a coin down on the table. When we entered the Ossury(sp) we went through a sealed door to the south and entered room that has an inscription on the wall. Though veiled behind the plumage of the soul, the Eye still sees, unblinking, through all the ages, from the beginning to the end of time. When the Three are One, and the spirit becomes flesh, the Seal may be opened and the Sleepers awakened. And the glorious apocalypse shall consume us all.

Now the room as sealed so you would know nothing about what was in the room but does this phrase ring a bell? Is there anything like sleepers in this complex?

Sczarni

Male Cuddly L'il Fuzzy Hamster Psion (Telepath) 20

"Thank you, Ser Lasandarman. Yrex, my question is this: what does that riddle mean?"

"The wine is on me, when we get out of this place, Garuneh."


avatar

"So there are undead down here.
That does not make the job easier,
but at least we know some of what is down here."

301 to 350 of 1,622 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.