Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


251 to 300 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Should be good now...

Updated Map


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Right, anyone? It's shorter," quips Garuneh.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder takes a quick peek in both directions. "Might as well. How did that poem go again? 'My heart is on the right side' ... something like that?", he wonders. "But we better watch our backs here. Lest something sneaks up on us from behind."
He will continuously look for enemies from the other direction as we advance in this corridor.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth nods. Right is as good as any. She holds her sunrod up and cautiously moves down the hall to the door,Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


You walk to the right, but before you come to the double doors, you discover a long, narrow hallway to the south. This long chamber is decorated with large carvings of religious ceremonies and priests handing down judgments to the common people. Stone benches are lined up before
a podium at the southern end of the room.

There is a strange creature in the corridor, mindlessly flapping its wings. As you get closer to the door, it turns its attention to you. You see that it's a flapping head with bat wings. It shrieks angrily and moves to attack.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Creature - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Round 1

Tina, Durnolf, Aldous, Gunder, Garuneh, Creature, Elizabeth.

Round 1 Map


Tina charges it and attacks

1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Ruckus trots up to the gribbly and bites at it while Durnolf takes a wild swing.

Durnolf's Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Ruckus's Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh casts Produce Flame.

"You shall burn, abomination," he says quietly, as flames appear in one hand.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth knocks an arrow and readies if the creature starts flying at her(Plus I don't wanna suffer he -4 for melee :)

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d6 ⇒ 4


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder takes a five foot step to K31, casts Doom on the creature, and readies his sling.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"What in the world is that? Some kind of flying head monster?" This place gets more and more distressing, the further we venture in!" Aldous draws an arrow and readied to fire if gets a clear shot.

Knowledge(Religion) to identify the monster, I assume?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Arcana.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 Using guidance for the bonus +1


Tina rushes towards the beast, her leg extended in a violent jumping kick. She catches the creature unprepared and lands a nasty blow. Takes 8 damage.

I'm assuming you're mounted, right? Ruckus trots towards the flying thing and bites at it - he is unable to land the blow, but he distracts the creature enough that Durnolf manages to land a fierce strike. Takes 6 damage.

Creature Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The creature falls to the effects of Gunder's spell - its eyes move from side-to-side as if frightened of what this group will do to it.

Aldous:

You recognize this as a vargouille - though it appears that time has not been kind to it. Its wings are tattered ribbons, barely able to hold its rotting head aloft, but its teeth remain razor sharp.

Despite being shaken, the creature snaps its nasty teeth at Tina - attempting to retaliate for the attack it received.

1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12

However, the effects of the spell make it distracted and it misses the blow.

Round 2

Tina, Durnolf, Aldous, Gunder, Garuneh, Creature, Elizabeth.

Updated Map


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabath holds, sensing that the others have things well in hand.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Yeah, mounted again.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"'Ware its bite, that creature may carry a grave curse in it!" Aldous moves up next to Tina and delivers another moment of insight. Using diviners touch, granting +1 to all saves/attacks/skill checks for the next round. 4/7 remaining.

"Slay the beast quickly, Ms. Valerius. We do not wish to see you bitten and perhaps cursed!"


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves to L33 intending to shoot the flying head with his sling. But he hesitates, as he can't get a clear shot at it.
Ready: he will shoot his sling at the creature if the creature is neither in melee nor has cover. (e.g. if either it comes flying at the back row, or if Durnolf and Tina get out of the way)


male Halfling Oracle 3

(everything assuming that Aldous is at O31. If Aldous is anywhere else, Gunder will stay at K31 - but will still have the slingshot ready)


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh tosses a ball of fire at the creature.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

not sure if Guidance is still in effect.


Tina does a flurry of kicks

Attacks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Heads shouldn't be flapping about all willy-nilly!"

Durnolf and Ruckus do their thing.

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Only one of Tina's attacks land, but it does so to good effect. It's immediately followed up by Durnolf and Ruckus' attacks. The extensive beating overcomes the creature - it falls to the floor. Dead.

Updated Map


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Yay! Another notch for our belts! Andrea examines the podium
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Well this little outing's really getting the blood flowing, eh lads?"

Durnolf will go to examine the podium as well.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

It is all fun and games until someone takes an arrow to the knee.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh walks up to the benches to inspect them, ruefully watching the flame die out from his palm.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


You find nothing of interest in the podium or on the benches.

Examining the door to the north, you find that it has been barricaded from behind.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well done, Ser Banderswel and Ms. Valerius. You managed to defeat the beast without exposing yourself to its curse. Well done indeed." Aldous again casts detect magic and scans the room, actively searching as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Any suggestions as to how to proceed through that barricaded door? Are we equipped to bash it down, if necessary?"


"Why not check if someone is alive behind it."


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

All in favor of me knocking? Unless someone has magic to detect anythin behind the door?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf thefts his earthbreaker.
"Go ahead and knock, m'lady. If need be I can knock harder, but I'd rather avoid that if possible, out of respect for the dead and their sanctuary."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Mor'esti...what was that creature we faced? Perhaps someone barricaded themself from its attacks..." muses Garuneh.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"It was called a vargouille, an evil, extraplanar creature which propagates itself by spreading its vile curse to humanoids. Had any of us succumbed to its "kiss," our head would soon detach and form another of its vile kind to further the cycle." Aldous continues his magical and mundane sweep of the area.

"If whomever barricaded that door did so because of this creature, I can only hope it was recently. If they received its kiss, there may be more of them behind the blockade. I would recommend caution, as usual."

Aldous is starting to sound like an old lady, huh? It's hard to score with the pretty girls when you're knee deep in dungeon slime and monster good, I guess. He doesn't even have prestidigitation prepared to clean up...


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth listens at the door to see if she can detect anything.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and depending on what she hears she...knocks.

If she hears anything like voices she can understand, Hello? The monster out here is dead. We are here to rescue you if you need to be rescued.

If anything like moans,snarls,groans of undead or other beasts.Well it looks like it is too late to rescue anyt behind this door.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"One has to wonder what such a beast was doing down here," says Garuneh.

We didn't bring a crowbar, did we?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I would hazard to guess it was never intended to be down here. Given the dilapidated state of the creature, it most likely had been here for some time. One hypothesis: an original builder or worker in these catacombs had been infected, succumbing to the curse after venturing down below. I would be unsurprised to find a dessicated, headless corpse somewhere nearby.

"Any movement or response, Ms. Ardoc?"

Should I pick anything up in detect magic I will concentrate to identify, then call out my findings.


I believe Elizabeth requested a crowbar at the beginning, so you should have one back at the "camp" you setup in the entryway. I've listed those items in the Campaign Info.

Upon knocking on the door, you hear a scuttling sound from the other side of the door, but no verbal response.

Aldous' detect magic spell doesn't pick up anything.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Well there is something back there. Shall we do this the old fashioned way?


"I know, should we ask politely or threaten to blow the door down."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Scuttling rarely bodes well. I believe we should force the door, but be prepared for immediate danger." Aldous readies his bow once again, and casts dancing lights at the corners of the doorframe to provide some extra illumination.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Very well,the door is blocked from the inside so I don't think a crowbar will be of use. So our doughty halfing warrior and his axe will be our door opener.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

I ended up switching to an Earthbreaker

"Well I guess there's nothing for it then."

He takes a swing at the door.

damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Durnolf's attack damages the door, but doesn't break it down.

You may want to go ahead and roll several attacks. That might speed things up.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Caaann do. He'll take his time with full-round actions to get auto-hits.

1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


male Halfling Oracle 3

While Durnolf is busy knocking down the door, Gunder makes his round distributing blessing touches to everyone.
Guidance and Virtue for everyone!


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Andrea stands back, watching the others.

(Can't wait for the Precise Shot Feat -4 is rough at level 1)


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I feel you, sister. At least I could use my little touch power in there. In a pinch, true strike will help out as well. Trying hard to conserve spells, though.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

yah, I am zapped for many a spells, but have a bunch of wave surges left, which could be good for whatever is behind the door.


Durnolf struggles to knock down the door. On his fourth try, he finally manages to knock it in. The second the door flies open, a darkness fills the chamber - it's identical to the darkness faced when you first entered the chamber. Fortunately, this time no creature descends from the ceiling to attack.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

??? - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Once again, none of you can see. You can either stumble forward, backward or southward.

Round 1
???, Elizabeth, Aldous, Garuneh, Tina, Gunder, Durnolf.

You hear more scuffling and then a door being thrown open to the east.

Elizabeth is up!

251 to 300 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.