Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


201 to 250 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Apologies, Tina-ji." Hmm, can't get up there easily without provoking AoO.

"Watch your eyes, my friends." Garuneh makes mystical gestures and utters something.

Flare on the spider at AS-24.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Urrggg... I think I am going to puke.

1d20 ⇒ 8

Tina! change spots with me! Elizabeth will withdraw/change areas with Tina so she can attack in my place. move to AU-24


Tina swaps with Elizabeth (5-foot step) and attacks AS-24

attacks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Let me through!"
Gunder goes back to AV23 and tries to cure Elizabeth from the poison:
skill check (Heal): 1d20 ⇒ 16


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Ack! Watch the knife!


male Halfling Oracle 3

Oops, good point. Okay: 5-foot-step, sheathe weapon (move action), heal (standard action).
"Don't worry - I'm a professional!"


The flare lights before the spider's eyes. It becomes dazzled by the bright lights.

Spider Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Tina's attacks are too slow and the spider easily avoids them.

Gunder successfully identifies and isolates the poison.

Elizabeth gets +4 bonus to next Fort save, but she is still poisoned.

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Curse these toxic arachnids," Aldous then touches Ruckus and delivers a brief insight into the near future. "Strike true, good wolf!"

Diviners touch, +1 insight to attack/saves/skill checks for Ruckus's next turn. 5/7 remaining for the day.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

poison can be knifed out, right?

Durnolf attempts to fight off the nausea while he continues to swing wildly with his oversized meat tenderizer at ar23.
fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Ruckus turns and bites at as24 with profound insight.
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Durnolf's body fights off the poison, but his newfound vigor causes his attack to go wide. His weapon clangs loudly against the wall, almost causing him to drop it.

Fortunately, Ruckus manages to land a blow, but it only does minor damage - the spider is still alive.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

here come the spiders, one blind and one wounded. Can we take 'em? :D I'm going to be out for the evening soon. If it gets to my turn I'll Flare the other spider. Not much else worth doing from the back! I have a strange urge to listen to Ziggy Stardust now...


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Ruckus, that's the spirit! Finish him off! I'll get this pesky one yet!"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Pardon me Mr.Corpse! Elizabeth squeezes into AT-25 and stabs at the spider in front of Tina.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d6 ⇒ 2


As she passes, the spider lashes out at Elizabeth.

AOO: 1d20 ⇒ 4

But she easily avoids the attack. Elizabeth is unable to damage the small spider, however.

The remaining spider turns to Tina and snaps with its pincers.

1d2 ⇒ 2

But she easily avoids the attack.

Round 4

Garuneh
Aldous
Elizabeth
Tina
Gunder
Durnolf
Spiders

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Enough with these blasted spiders!" Aldous grants another flash of insight to Tina with a brief touch.
"Finish it off Ms. Valerius!"

Aldous uses diviner's touch on Tina, granting her +1 insight to attack/saves/skill checks for the next round.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves to AT22 and casts Guidance on Durnolf (+1 on one attack or saving throw).
"Aim for their belly, Durnolf! I think they are vulnerable there.“


Tina attacks the spider again

attacks
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14

Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

If any spider remains, Ruckus bites at it and Durnolf takes special care to lime up his swing this time, sacrificing some power for a bit of additional accuracy (no power attack)

Durnolf's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

ruckus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh waves his pompoms.


The spider, despite being near death, manages to avoid all the attacks aimed at it. In anger, it nips at Tina with its pincer.

1d20 ⇒ 8

It misses.

Round 5

Updated Map

End this!


Tina attacks the spider again
Hopefully I kill it.

attacks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17Crit

Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16
it's a stain on the wall or floor now


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well struck, Ms. Valerius. Well struck, indeed.
"
Aldous casts detect magic again and scans the room, especially those unreadable markings noted earlier.

"Did anyone else, perchance, notice those markings over there?" Aldous points towards the inscriptions on the wall. "If writing, they are in no language I understand."


The fight, indeed, is ended.

25XP all around!

The markings on the wall emit no magic.

No one has knowledge:religion, right?

A set of double doors await to the north.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Can we do some grave robbing? Any grave goods? (After all, the pharasmins more or less offered it to us...)

Otherwise, I am ready to proceed to the next room. Same procedure as usual: Gunder will cast Guidance and Virtue on everyone before opening the door.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth attempts to purge the poison via finger down throat.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Hold on! don't be so eager to pop those doors. Elizabeth checks the door. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Know, er, no Kn (Religion), here.

"I hope we don't have to use the chime on those doors," says Garuneh.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

We can try Heal checks on Elizabeth, I believe.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Yes we can: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Aid another:Heal (Elizabeth): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Elizabeth, by purging, manages to rid her body of the poison.

You don't see any traps or any issues with the door - it even appears to be unlocked.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Ptui!Door looks fine Elizabeth will push open the door.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Swig of ale to wash out the taste, m'lady?"

Durnolf offers Elizabeth his aleskin as he takes up a defensive position by the door.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh readies his scythe for whatever lies ahead. The swamps are so peaceful in comparison, he muses.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5
Durnolf Banderswel wrote:

"Swig of ale to wash out the taste, m'lady?"

Durnolf offers Elizabeth his aleskin as he takes up a defensive position by the door.

Why thank you, yes. Elizabeth drinks some fine all.


The doors open with a push. You emerge from the hallway into a much larger room.

The ceiling of this cavernous chamber vaults to a height of sixty feet, forming an architectural wonder unsupported by any visible columns or buttresses. The room is filled with an eerie, blue light. You enter on a wide stone bridge with an elaborately carved railing. It arches over the chamber from north to south, joining two sets of massive bronze doors at either end. The central portion of the chamber, 40' below the bridge, contains an inlaid spiral symbol and is recessed into the floor, with eight staircases leading up to a wide ledge that encircles the room. On this ledge stand bronze doors to the east and west. Eight larger-than-life statues stand upon the ledge as well, evenly spaced around the room’s circumference—seven carved from white stone, and the eighth carved from black stone.

The only way to proceed is north across the bridge, but I'll let you take in this room and do some perception/knowledge checks.

Chamber Map


she whistles at the size of the chamber

"WOW, who knew a room of this size existed down here"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Indeed, Ms. Valerius, this does seem a bit...overlarge...for the area. I wonder what other surprises await us down here." Aldous continues to concentrate on detect magic and scans the room.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7.

Knowledge(arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Knowledge(local) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"What in the world is the purpose of this room, do you think?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh scans the ceiling for darkmantles and other creepy-crawlies.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"It certainly isn't wise to linger on the bridge to take in the sights, lovely as the statues are," chuckles Garuneh.

"I'll never understand crypts, personally," he continues in a low voice. "Why hide this beauty for no one to see and keep the dead from being reclaimed by natural decay? Then again, we bury our dead in the depths of the sea where I come from, to give life back to the waters...I suppose that is strange to many here."

He smiles. "Drop me in the nearest ocean if I am overcome in this place."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Mor'esti Aldous--perhaps you'd want to cast a spell of light on an arrow and shoot it into the rafters."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Wow, indeed. Space is scarce in this city. So there is a natural tendency of places intersecting and changing purpose over time. It wouldn't surprise me if this room had been more than just a crypt, once."

Gunder tries to make out the source of the blue light.
Perception (on the blue light): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"I wish we could have gotten some rope. Then we could climb down there. Or climb back up if we get down there by another way and find ourselves in need of a quick retreat."

He looks at the statues. A slight fear that they might suddenly come alive and attack him overcomes him. At least we are out of their reach, up here.
What do the statues look like? Do they resemble humans? What clothes are they wearing? Do they have weapons? Are there any noticable differences between them (except for one being black and the others being white)?
Perception (on the statues): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Fair point, Ser Lasandarman. Just a moment, then," Aldous will continue to concentrate for 3 rounds and scan the room. If he does not find anything magical (or anything that jumps out and says "boo!"), he will drop detect magic and cast dancing lights up at the ceiling level, as Garuneh suggested.

Sadly, I did not prepare that exact spell today, but this one should suffice." Aldous continues to keep a wary eye out, bow drawn and arrow ready to be nocked & fired.

Shame we don't have Knowledge (Religion) about now...probably would be helpful.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth blows a soft whistle as she takes in the stonework. This is really something, check out that stonework and design.

Perception=: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Know-Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Yea this is pretty awesome, I'd like to get a better look at those statues to see how they were made. Elizabeth stows her rapier and pulls out her bow.


Aldous:

The light in this room gives off a faint magical aura. You can't detect where the light comes from - it simply fill the room.

Nothing else comes to you about the space.

Elizabeth:

The bridge on which you stand is a wonder. It appears to be suspended with no support. Despite the age of this chamber, it's an incredibly impressive feat. You've rarely encountered such masterful craftsmanship or genius engineering.

There appear to be no Darkmantles on the ceiling above you.

The statues appear to be humanoid, but you're unable to discern any unique features from this far up.

Yes, Aldous, it would indeed!


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth squees over the bridge. Look at this! No apparent support and this looks to be much older than anything I have encountered. Hmph! My brothers are nothing compared to those who made this chamber.

Elizabeth looks out over the bridge. Shall we keep going?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Yes, lets move on."

Guidance and Virtue on everybody, before we open the door. (I'm slowly growing tired of repeating that line over and over again. I'll probably stop doing it right before we are really going to need it.)


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Indeed, we should. Onward." Garuneh glances over his shoulder to make sure nothing is following them onto the bridge.


Afraid of Murphy's law.

"Let's see what's behind this door?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth examines the door! perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


The group makes its way north to the next set of double doors. Much like the ones into the grand chamber, these too push open easily. You move down another narrow hallway - this one, however, has no alcoves for spiders. It is also pitch black. After about 40', you come to a fork in the hallway. You can go either left or right.

To the left, you see doors set in the north and south of the hallway; to the right you see a single door.

Updated Map


I think you have the wrong map file

201 to 250 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.