Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


151 to 200 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"True, Gunder. Perhaps our Elizabeth can merely find a place to hide our rations well. I would not recommend the ceiling," laughs Garuneh.

"The initial door was sealed behind us. We may as well prop this one open."


You will need to see the doors open before you will be able to adequately judge how easily they can be propped open.

The stairs ended with this landing. The only way is up.


Let's use the chime on the middle door.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Not the right---?!!" Garuneh exclaims, his eyes widening.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf pats Ruckus on the head and bids him a "That's a lad, Ruckus. Well done.

And as for the rest of the group, racist included :P "I'm all for setting up camp here, and I thought we were decided on the right hand door. Shall we, then?"

He rings the chime before the right hand door as soon as the group is ready.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth looks a little exasperated at the division in the group and that the chime is now suddenly in Durnolf's hands. Oh well, life trapped underground can't be all that bad.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Well, Valanthe gave it to him and I don't recall giving it away. He's not about to go disrespecting the dead by smashing up their home, so what else does that leave?

Not meaning to be divisive though, I checked the gameplay thread before the discussion. I'll go with the majority, but my vote's on the right-hand one.


Without looking to the others, Durnolf uses the chime on the right-hand door. The seal of Pharasma burns bright red before melting away. The doors slowly slide open, iron grinding against the stone.

A large statue stands in the corner of this L-shaped room, depicting a tall feather emblazoned with a large open eye. Though apparently carved from stone, the statue gleams with a golden-green iridescence. A pair of stone doors stands in the east wall in the short leg of the L. The doors are featureless except for a strangely shaped depression where they meet.

Carved into the floor between the western doors and the statue is the following inscription: “Though veiled behind the plumage of the soul, the Eye still sees, unblinking, through all the ages, from the beginning to the end of time. When the Three are One, and the spirit becomes flesh, the Seal may be opened and the Sleepers awakened. And the glorious apocalypse shall consume us all.”

Perception Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"More riddles and fanciful speech, I see..." Aldous continues to concentrate on detect magic unless the party needs more light in the room. "I believe the allusion in this inscription is that we must find three separate objects to unlock this door. And it would appear that whatever lies behind it is a very dangerous thing, indeed. I suggest we tread with extreme caution in this area."

Bow readied, Aldous stays alert, constantly surveying for hidden dangers.

Any knowledge skills appropriate here? I have Arcana & Local, not that I expect either to yield much pertinent information...


Failed to mention - the darkness spell didn't dispell your lights - it was just more powerful than your lights. Your sunrods and torches are still functional.

Aldous, you can use Arcana on the door.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Assuming we have some time, I will scan the area with detect magic running. Once that's completed, I'll use one of my diviner's fortune uses on myself, then roll that Know:Arcana

Knowledge Arcana(8+1{guidance}+1{diviner's touch}) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Aldous:

You quickly realize based on examining the door - which is actually more like a wall - that the chime only works on actual doors and would have no effect on this obstacle.

You detect some magic coming from inside the statue. It is giving off a strong aura. Looking closer, you find a hidden compartment. In the compartment is a single green feather - that is what's emitting the powerful magical aura - it appears to be some type of conjuration magic item. Spellcraft check needed to identify.

Detect Magic as an orision seems OP, sometimes, doesn't it? :)

Sczarni

Male Cuddly L'il Fuzzy Hamster Psion (Telepath) 20

Yes and no...being able to find and interact with stuff is a GOOD THING. I am against the "cheese" of casting it on my familiar and simply having it concentrate all the time, though.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I may have been wrong after all about going to the right...perhaps we have to go through each door from that main chamber after all, in succession, to obtain these objects. Although, I'm not sure I truly want to awaken sleepers and trigger an apocalypse."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Whoops, wrong alias. I'm gonna let it stay, unless it's a bother, mostly so I don't lose that Nat-20 on my ID check! :)

"Everyone, I have found an object of some import. This strange feather is radiating a strong magical aura of conjuration. Perhaps it is one of the "Three" mentioned in the inscription." Aldous does not manipulate or handle the feather until he has identified it, merely examining it in place. "Our chime is not powerful enough to clear such a blockage, using it now would only waste its magic."


Aldous:

Well, a Nat 20 was the only way you were going to identify it - well done!

It is a feather token (bird).


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Now to find the other two, if we dare." Garuneh waggles his eyebrows.

Uh...did the door close and seal behind us? If not, then we can keep unsealing these doors without fear.

Garuneh turns to look at the entry door again.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Perhaps I spoke too soon. I do not believe this item to be one of the "Three" as described. I have difficulty imagining such a thing would be of such impermanent nature as a feather token. It may serve as a useful messenger in the future, though." Aldous removes the token from its niche and looks it over more closely. "Would anyone care to hold this item? I would be happy to do so, but I believe greater utility may be found with it in one of our scout's hands."

This seems to be a regular old feather token, correct? Nothing super-crazy stands out?


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth studies the door to see how difficult to prop open it would be.I can carry it, what exactly doe sit do? If this room is secure, it would make a good spot to keep our things as a camp.


"I don't think this room is secure."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"If the chime will be of no use here, then I'll stow it til it will be. Where do you propose we go next though, if this passage is currently impassable?"


The door didn't seal behind you. And the feather token is just a normal token. Nothing crazy about it at all.


"Let's try another door."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"This little feather will transform into a small bird. That bird will then carry a written message to whomever you name. The magic will allow it to fly as far and as long as needed, but it will only work once." Aldous hands Elizabeth the feather token. "It would be best to have your message and intended recipient prepared before you activate the token."

Stepping back into the "hallway" area, "I agree with Ms. Valerius. Perhaps the objects we seek lie behind the other doors, and the first graffiti referred to the final passageway only. Ser Banderswel, if you would be so kind?"


male Halfling Oracle 3

I'm not too eager to be consumed by glorious apocalypse. Let us move on!
Door 4 (north) next? (since it was originally proposed by Tina and Elizabeth)


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"North, as Valerius--Tina--and Elizabeth suggested. ...Weapons readied," Garuneh says with a wink. "Care to bless us all again, Gunder?"


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Yes, certainly!"
Right before we unseal the northern door, Gunder casts Gudance and Virtue on everyone.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"North door it is then."

Chime!


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

All set here.North!


The group moves back into the previous room. Durnolf uses the chime, the seal burns bright and the doors slide open.

Bodies wrapped in age-yellowed linens lie in alcoves lining both sides of this wide corridor. Thick cobwebs hang from the ceiling and drape the walls of the crypt; everything is coated in a deep layer of dust.

Perception Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Garuneh, Tina and Aldous:

You find some strange-looking symbols lining the walls of the catacombs. They are completely foreign to you.

Durnolf and Elizabeth lead the way into the hallway. As the full group enters, six spiders emerge from the alcoves - clearly unhappy about being disturbed.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Spiders - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 1

Initiative Order
Garuneh
Aldous
Elizabeth
Tina
Gunder
Durnolf
Spiders

There is no surprise round.

Round 1 Map


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder draws his dagger and stabs at the spider closest to him.
attack roll, using up my +1 from guidance: 1d20 ⇒ 15
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The thought of naming his dagger "sting" crosses his mind.

He then retreats, hoping to lure the spider into the corridor.
Move 5ft south, to AW23. If Garuneh moves south as well - and both spiders follow - Aldous, Tina, Garuneh and Gunder can have some fun flanking them.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Spiders? These Pharasmins are afraid of spiders? Even though they are the size of a house pet, they're still spiders!" Aldous nocks an arrow and fires at the closest one. The one at AV-221d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22damage 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Ladies, Ser Banderswel, if you would be so kind..." Aldous stays put and draws his dagger.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth meeps at the creepy crawly and stabs with her raiper.

Stabbing the one at AT-25 using +1 from guidance

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 ⇒ 6


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Yes Aldous, this must be it. Once we are done with these spiders we can head back and tell the people at the temple that their body snatching problem has been dealt with!", Gunder jokes while stabbing at the spider.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh casts Flare at the spider nearest him and follows Gunder to draw the spiders back.

"Duck in the alcoves if you can!" he calls out.

Garuneh is out to lunch and running errands.


Gunder misses with his dagger jab at the small spider. Aldous' arrow finds its mark and ends the spiders pitiful life. Elizabeth, too, finds her mark, skewering the spider on the end of her rapier.

Updated Map


Tina attacks AV-25

attacks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf dismounts as quick as he can.

quick dismount: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

He commands Ruckus to bite at AT22.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Durnolf steps up to AR22 and takes a mighty swing with his earthbreaker.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Both Durnolf and Ruckus' attacks miss their mark.

The spiders, eager to fight back, lash out with their pincers.

AT, 22 on Durnolf: 1d20 ⇒ 12 = MISS

AR, 22 on Ruckus: 1d20 ⇒ 16 = MISS

AT, 25 on Elizabeth: 1d20 ⇒ 19 = HIT

Elizabeth Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 17 = The attack has no effect on you.

AT, 25 on Garuneh: 1d20 ⇒ 3 = MISS

End Round 1

Initiative Order
Garuneh
Aldous
Elizabeth
Tina
Gunder
Durnolf
Spiders

Updated Map


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

The little %$#^^@% bit me!

Elizabeth readies an attack if A-25 moves in to attack her

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 ⇒ 5


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Did I blind the little arachnid bugger? (ok, not a bugger...spiderer..)

"Normally, I don't kill spiders...apologies, fuzzy one..."

Garuneh swings his scythe at AV-25.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Yes! A critical miss.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Perhaps I misspoke. These spiders seem stronger than I would expect." Aldous attacks the spider at AT-25 with his dagger. Dagger 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3.

Take heart, companions. The beasts do not seem overly accurate."

Aldous maintains his position and feebly threatens the spiders with his knife.


Tina attacks AV-25 again

attacks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19crit

Damage
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 = 14
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

AZ; your dude face is showing :) You may also want to confirm that crit (although I doubt it'll be necessary)


I think I over killed one.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

My intent was for Durnolf to be at AR22 at this point with Ruckus staying where he was.

Durnolf attacks ar22:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Ruckus continues to bite at at22.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

There is no such thing as overkill...only "open fire" and "reload".


another crit, this time from Ruckus


Garuneh misses badly - he almost removes Tina's right arm with his wild swing.

Aldous stabs the spider, but doesn't quite put enough force into the blow to kill it. Tina, however, manages to obliterate the spider she faces, squishing it into a fine, bloody paste.

Durnolf's attack is unsuccessful, but Ruckus, in his enthusiasm, swallows the bleeding spider whole.

The remaining spiders, unaware that their compatriots have fallen, continue the fight.

AR,23 Bite Attack on Durnolf: 1d20 ⇒ 19

AS,24 Bite Attack on Elizabeth: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Durnolf Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Elizabeth attacks before the spider can, but is unsuccessful in hitting it. The spiders, however, land a particularly effective blow on their targets. Elizabeth and Durnolf both feel the poison enter their body.

You both have been poisoned. The effect is -1 Con. Elizabeth, you are -1 HP until you overcome the poison. Please, both of you, roll a Fort save at the beginning of your turn.

Round 3
Initiative Order
Garuneh
Aldous
Elizabeth
Tina
Gunder
Durnolf
Spiders

Updated Map

151 to 200 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.